[PP-F3] Voices in our head <Itzal and Tricolor Mina>

Itzal sat on the chair by the fire that sat in front of his shop's porch.  Well a stone porch without a roof would be the accurate term.  The shop sat under the mountain's overhang with a beautiful view of the lake that sat between the two mountains.  This place was beautiful and peaceful.  So perfect for his shop/home.  However today he wasn't going to rest in peace.  The other day he had witnessed someone who clearly had a split personality and he wished to discuss it with her in private.  Ulises had pointed out that this split personality was probably a manipulative, deceptive type and that was a problem.  Still, it would be interesting to see how two people with split personalities would interact with one another.  He sighed and adjusted the hood of his armor.  He had both the hood and mouthpiece up.  He rarely pulled his mouthpiece down but he did yesterday to keep from scaring the girl Rin.  Who ended up getting too pressured by the events going on and ran away anyways.  Retributor hung on his back, ready to be drawn at a moment's notice and Oblivion ring was now equipped as well.  It was about time Teayre pulled through.  Still she seemed to have perfect timing.  He kept his eyes peeled for the player he was eager to meet.

@tricolor_mina

Edited by Itzal
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(OOC- Rin sent you a friend request by the way)

<<Floor 3>>

I stepped off of the teleport pad, and gazed around the city with a sigh hanging on my breath. 'Itzal said to meet on this floor, but I don't think finding him would be the hard part... I think that would be one of the few things we currently agree on eh? Sigh... you really know how to make a kid feel scared Mira. Hmmph! I just can't wait to meet up with that guy again, his split personality might be interesting to me later... Inwardly groaning, I headed to find Itzal, and I finally found him at a nearby shop, that seemed to be closed for some reason. 'It isn't an Npc-run establishment, those shops don't close for any reason. I know, It seems complicated doesn't it? Indeed' I walked towards Itzal with a cool, blank expression, taking note that his hood and mouthpiece were up. "You... wanted to talk to me?"my memory was foggy because at the time, Mira had just given me back control of my avatar, and I always had to ask her what had happened, but this time it had slipped my mind to ask.

@Itzal

Edited by tricolor_mina

Itzal watched as Mina walked up to him with a blank expression.  Obviously her split personality wasn't going to in control right now.  If the manipulative one was in charge I would be very much worried.  Indeed.  But let's not approach aggressively Ulises.  Right right, that's my job.  Heh heh.  Not the time for jokes dude.  Itzal straightened as she spoke and nodded, gesturing to one of the seats around the fire.  He waited until she sat down and allowed a moment of silence.  Finally he sighed and turned to her.  He had not shown her his eyes yet and he decided that it was for the better for now.

"I don't want any lies ok?  I know you have a split personality and you know that I have one.  So I figured that we might as well talk about the voices in our heads and then after learning about them from each other's perspective, we both take turns interviewing one another's split personality.  After that our split personalities can meet each other face to face.  No violence, no cursing or insulting.  Just talking.  Deal?"  She better accept it.  If she doesn't share with someone  It'll bottle up and explode like last time, yeah I get it.  I've been with you a while now Ulises, I'm beginning to understand how you think.  My little boy's all grown up.  Oh hardy har har.

@tricolor_mina

MyStyle.jpg

OOC: [Above] a prime example of when you are caught off guard by something you didn't say(no recollection of what Mira had said to Itzal.

"???!" I looked at Itzal with pure shock on my face. "Aaah?! d-did I say something like that?! Oh god, oh no..." 'What the [censored] did you say exactly? oh? I Just told him that I knew his "other self" was what compelled him to keep from having a surprised look on his face. No!! Why would you tell him that?!' I bowed hastily when I reopened my eyes. "I am very sorry for the outburst, I should probably Introduce myself the correct way first though. My Screen name is Tricolor_Mina, some call me Mina, some call me Tricolor, others call me Violet, or Viola, my real name." I took a couple breaths to calm myself, and continued." My other Personality is Mira, an imitation of one of my closest friends that I ever had, she is a relatively level-headed being, and that would have been the first time in 5 years that I had allowed her to control me... Normally we only argue, like we did yesterday, and she typically reminds me of topics I would rather not talk about... death being one of the major things, to me, it's the same as admitting that you committed a crime... " my sword glinted, and revealed the Butchered body of Mira's killer, and I held it up to eye level so he could see it. "This is the reason Behind why I have Mira... She was born out of my wish for vengeance, and my anger towards this man... I, no, she committed the crime of murder when I was 10, So we could avenge my best friend's death. Now, since I told you about Mira, why don't you tell me about your other self?" I waited for Itzal to reply.

......... So she had no earthly idea what she was doing while her split was in charge?  She has the ability to do so.  She's being manipulated by her split to think otherwise.  Either that or she doesn't want to see.  That would be extremely dangerous though.  Indeed.  He listened as she shared her real name and named her split personality as Mira and that it was an imitation of someone else.  Oh crap no..  What?  Let's just say that imitating someone else is always going to be lacking or inaccurate.  I promise you that this Mira isn't a true copy of Mina's friend, but she thinks she is.  This poor girl.  Itzal's eyes narrowed when she talked about how it felt like admitting to a crime.  What?  Then she explained and while his composure was still he felt a slight chill in his heart, followed quickly by sadness that such a young and sweet girl would go killing her friend's murderer.  Manipulation.  Definitely manipulation.  No doubt about it.  When she finished she asked about Itzal's own split personality.  Itzal took in a deep breath.  Time to share his history.  If she would share he would too.  He wasn't sure about Mira knowing his history though.

"Well first off, my in game name is Itzal but in real life it's Felix.  My original parent's were killed when I was maybe five or six right in front of me.  The Japanese police took care of me and one took me in as his adopted son.  Although I never searched for the murderer, he was eventually found by the police.  When they questioned him he said he killed them because he could and that it was fun.  He took everything off of them, phones, ids, everything and burned it all.  So I had no remaining connections to whatever family I had in America.  Ever since then I had anger build up inside, becoming stronger under the bullies that I had to face with growing up.  I suppressed the emotion which only made it grow.  When I entered SAO the nerve gear detected this and gave it an artificial intelligence.  After I encountered the quest calming the soul I literally entered my own mind and had to fight him in the end.  His name is Ulises and while we started as enemies we both learned what anger is truly for and we now work together.  He used to want to hate every pker but we both learned to forgive them."

@tricolor_mina

Edited by Itzal

I looked surprised, he had an experience where someone precious to him was taken away too..."I see... It must have been terrible knowing who did it, and the feeling of helplessness that comes with being unable to stop the perp. It was the same for me back then... we were together when It happened, and I had hardly any Idea of what to do... you must have been so scared when that happened." '... god only knows I was.' ...I looked closely at Itzal before responding again. "When I committed that murder, I went in fully prepared to die, and I managed to take someone off the streets that had murdered almost 30 people, the event being hushed by police, and anyone that wasn't an officer was unable to speak of the Incident... even my parents didn't know what happened. But, I think it would be better if Mira explained it herself, since she controlled me for almost a full year, and If you don't believe me Itzal, then ask her who my little sister is, and ask her what she knows about her." I slumped forward, and felt my mind fall into a peaceful sleep-like state, fully relying on Mira to relay Information to me.

(note: in Mira's perspective, the normal text is grey, and her speaking text is dark red)

I sat up, and focused on Itzal with a hard look. "I was created as a result of that murder, I'm essentially her safety net, If something becomes too much to handle, I step in and help her cope, and In extreme cases, I take over, albeit with a leash. Viola was truly prepared to do the act, and was put on trial, but was Acquitted after she said this: The mindset that rarely comes with my age... I had no regret in taking Scum away from you. I do not deny the crime whatsoever. I never planned It, and I wouldn't ever had done that to Viola. If you have a question about anything, let me know." I had closed my only visible eye, and was leaning backwards in the chair, awaiting Itzal's Imminent question

Edited by tricolor_mina

Itzal shrugged at Mina's remark.  "I was angry at him but I knew there was nothing I could do.  Knowing that I chose to focus on my new family rather than wasting my life away wishing the man dead."  He listened as Mina talked about why she did it but that didn't satisfy her, nor Ulises.  Not at all.  Then Mira began to spoke talking about how she was Mina's reserve strength when she was overloaded.  Tsk.  Mira should be helping Mina handle everything.  Just like how if I have some things I'm struggling with you'll take half of them.  Then I can handle it.  Exactly.  It sounds to me like Mira is using Mina again, by not helping her Mina drops everything in Mira's hands and bam!  Instant control.  Also, Mina says she has a leash on Mira but she doesn't even know what's going on.  That doesn't sound like a leash.  Itzal placed his hands together slowly, letting his fingers fold around his hands.

"But do you think your vengence was really worth it?  By killing you sacrifice something about yourself.  And while that murderer may have done terrible deeds, I don't believe it was worth what you lost Mina.  Nothing justifies murder.  If you had a weapon you could have maimed him or injured him, keeping him from escaping and called the police.  I'm not exactly sure what the situation was like but I know for sure that there's always a way.  However if you kill out of self defense it's a different matter entirely.  But killing out of anger is never the answer.  Ok, so we've both talked about our splits.  Now would you like to meet Ulises first Mina?  Or vice versa?  Mira and Ulises won't speak yet.  I want us both to experience the other side first.  And for the record, Ulises and I both can observe what is going on outside whether we're in control or not."

I snapped back into control once I heard who his question was directed at, but his doubting shrug I faltered with shock. "I can understand why you would say that... but you don't really seem to trust me... if you can hear me Ulises, and I know you can, I would like you to know, there is no reason for mistrust between us, Mira is merely a barrier that lets me hide from the harsh reality of the world. Although I couldn't hear what was said the other day by her, I forced her to allow me to understand what you said today, Itzal-sama." I set my rapier off to the side, and summoned a craft from the previous week, Cherished rose. "I pour my soul into my creations, this weapon is a prime example of it." I gazed at the sky with a sad expression. "If you resent my decision, know this, I did that fully expecting consequences, expecting anger from the officers, and yet... no one cared. they acquitted me because I did their job for them. as such, here, I fully expect to die by a player killer, whether it be the infamous Teareye, that deceptive hag Opal, or other killers that go unnamed, and It would probably be a much-deserved killing." I gazed at Itzal picturing the player that was underneath the mask, underneath the hood, a cheerful young man, with what looked like the same problems as me, but with a completely different outcome. "I would like to talk to Ulises, so I can tell whether or not he's Influencing your decisions or not... not in the controlling way of course, but not letting you trust Mira, is almost the same as not trusting me.So please understand why I said what I did earlier."

Itzal shook his head the moment she started talking about how she was fully willing to die to repay for her sins.  "No, no.  Don't think that way.  Just because you did something like that doesn't mean you can't push past it.  I look at Teayre the way I do only because the desire to kill is in her eyes, in her very soul.  You do not.  You haven't found pleasure in killing someone Mina.  That means you can move on.  You can't change the past, but you can change who you are and forgive yourself.  I don't know if you believe in divinity or not but I believe that God has already forgiven you.  He just wants you to listen to him and stop trying to repay what you've done."  He shook his head.  "Uh, erm.  Sorry about that.  I have never spoken my religion out loud and I hope I haven't offended or bored you in any way..."  I'll be completely honest I hope she listens.  We all do Ulises.  But overall it's her choice.  Indeed.  Welp, better get ready.  And with that Ulises and Itzal made the switch.  Outwardly the only thing that happened was that his facial expression, which was hidden, had become more of a sarcastic, humorous look.  Ulises may have been based off of anger but his personality didn't revolve around it.  He was all of Itzal's raw emotions.

Well hello there Mina!  Pleasure to meet you," he said in a deep voice.  My name is Ulises as you already know.  He pulled down the mouthpiece but left the hood up and smiled, leaning forward.  "Now, what would you like to know?  I'll answer anything so ask away!"  Oh boy.

@tricolor_mina

Edited by Itzal

I was taken aback by the abrupt change in his tone, when I realized that Ulises must have taken control from Itzal."Na, naa... so this Is Ulises?" I took note of the expression on his shadowed face, a face that held humor, but exuded Sarcasm, and took a deep breath before I asked what truly needed to be asked. "Ulises." I said coolly, "The main question I have for you is this: what do you think about myself and Mira?" I gave him a smile, knowing he would give me an honest answer. "I want a full, Honest Opinion, and don't let Itzal sugarcoat it. After all, one never gets anywhere by being told that they're good, they only get better through criticism, I was never really able to get that when I was younger... but besides that, what profession do you two have? My profession is blacksmith. and the final question is do you two have anyone here you truly care about? anyone in particular? I have very few, and as sad as it is to say, some have died to player killers, so there are few I trust... though, being in a crowd of people seems to help alot."

@Itzal

Edited by tricolor_mina

Ulises chuckled when he saw her surprise at the sudden change.  Then he laughed slightly when she mentioned sugarcoating.  "What sugarcoating?  We never say anything we don't fully mean!  Although I admit Felix is a little soft when he talks to people.  I'll be honest when I first saw you and Mira, I strongly believed she was manipulating you.  Although you two might not have meant to, you both gave signs that she was, and that wasn't something I was comfortable with."  He raised his hands for a moment.  "However, I've been wrong before.  I apologize if I-  Wait, I'm not going to apologize for that.  It's a defensive mechanism of mine.  And Felix will always share his opinion no matter what.  As for profession we chose performer.  It uh...  Is a really good way to vent whether it's anger or when we just need to calm our minds down.  With two minds and both of them very active we hardly get any rest.  Heh heh.  Uh......  Well you see..."  Ulises paused for a moment after the third question.  What do I say?  The truth of course.  "Ahem, well uh...  Sigh, I'm based off of Felix' raw emotions.  We don't have a girlfriend if that's what you mean but we have an adopted sister in the real world, an apprentice currently, and several friends...  Any other questions you have for me?"

I listened to his replies, each and every one of them, and chuckled when I heard the part where he replied to my final question. "A performer huh? I haven't met one before, the only people with professions that I met in previous being a fellow blacksmith and an alchemist." I opened up my menu, and searched around for the description of Cherished rose, and opened a trade window. "I wanted to give this to Rin yesterday, but she ran from us before I could give it to her, so could you give this to her? She seemed to have no weapon yet." I placed the weapon inside of the trade window and looked Ulises in the eyes. " I still feel like a total sh*thead for saying what I did yesterday, and I was lucky to get my friend request accepted by her."

<<Trade>>

Item: Cherished Rose

Spoiler

Name of weapon: Cherished rose

Weapon type: dagger

Tier:1

Quality: Uncommon

Enhancements: +1 damage

Weapon Bio: a beautiful dagger with a greenish gold hue.

Ulises nodded and accepted the item.  "Sure I could do that for you.  And don't sweat it.  Although I should tell you.  You and Mira should come up with a better system.  If you're going to let Mira take over, do it immediately so that nobody sees you collapse like that.  It makes it pretty obvious.  And Mira if you're hearing this, try to act just a tiny bit like Mina so you're cover ain't blown.  Unless of course you both want the world to know about you're two minds.  Sooo.. If you don't have any more questions for me I'll switch back with Felix then.  Oh!  One last thing:"  Itzal wondered what Ulises had in mind and nearly exploded with embarrassment as he leaned over and hugged the girl very gently and softly.  ULISES!!!!  There, now I'm done ;)  Itzal seized control as soon as possible and scooted back, his face igniting red with embarrassment and very much thankful for the hood.  "I am so, terribly sorry for Ulises.  He knows I'm easily embarrassed and does what he can to exploit it.  Heh heh heh.  "Please tell me Mira won't do the same thing."

Item accepted

Spoiler

Name of weapon: Cherished rose

Weapon type: dagger

Tier:1

Quality: Uncommon

Enhancements: +1 damage

Weapon Bio: a beautiful dagger with a greenish gold hue.

I listened to Ulises as he finished explaining a few things, taking note that he had accepted my request to take the weapon to Rin, and I was humming to myself... until I ended up getting hugged by Itzal. "Ah?! whaa... w-what are you doing?" 'Pfft! you got a hug from someone other than Liam, he's gonna be so jealous that it wasn't him! S-shut up! I can get hugs from other people, I just don't know too many that would do that!! Pshh, whatever, you know it's true though! I listened to his apology, and merely looked down, a bright red blush still on my face "....." I gazed at Itzal with a playful expression, noticing he was embarassed as well,and reached over to pull his hood down, and I gave him a hug as well.. "you shouldn't hide your face like that Itzal, it shows that one is distrustful, and that isn't a good trait for one to have.

@Itzal

Edited by tricolor_mina
too short!

OOC- Does she really have a boyfriend?

Itzal's embarrassment and redness vanished as shock took over when she came over and hugged him back.  There was a moment of silence.  Huh...  Well what do you know.......  Hey Itzal?  I uh.  I kinda like this.  Itzal made no response to Ulises as he listened to Mina talk to him.  He hesitated a moment before finally wrapping his arms around her as well and relaxed.  This was the first time he ever had someone besides his sister hug him, or show him any sort of comfort at all.  And he enjoyed it very much.  "Thanks Mina.  It means a lot to me."  He truly meant it too.  And to be quite honest he didn't want to let go.  But if she chose to pull away he would let her slip out.  He had never really hugged anyone and the embrace warmed him up.  Itzal hated the cold above all else as it froze you up and made you're body sluggish and lazy.  He loved the heat because it filled him with energy and passion, desire to get things done.  And yet this was a different kind of warmth.  He felt...  Not sluggish but calm, at peace.  He never really felt this way before and was grateful for it.

@tricolor_mina

Edited by Itzal

OOC- kind of... If Evac ever replies to my emails again. I don't see why he wouldn't unless he died, and he couldn't have.

I smiled warmly, truth be told, Itzal was technically the only person I had really opened up to about my past, and his arms wrapped around me so we sat there for a while... so I pulled up my menu screen and sent him a friend request. "I only have one request... If possible, can I be your personal blacksmith? It probably sounds stupid, what with how powerful you probably are with the armor you have already... but I would love to help you out in any way I can. Depending on your level, I can make a tier one, or two weapon for you, or a shield if you have a one-handed weapon." I awaited his reply, as I heard a ping, signifying the friend request going through and popping up in his Field of view.

When Mina pulled away Itzal didn't fight back, pulling back his hood at long last revealing his fiery blue eyes.  He listened to her as she asked if she could be his blacksmith and he smiled brightly.  "Sure I would love that!  I'm tier two now unfortunately, but I can wait till you get to a high enough rank.  I can't wait till you become the greatest blacksmith there ever was!"  He clicked the accept button without hesitation and sighed.  This was going better than he had intended.  However there was still business to finish.  "Ok, so you've met Ulises and asked him a few questions.  Now I want to talk to Mira.  When I'm done talking to her she and Ulises can talk face to face.  Believe me, he is very interested in her.  It's not often a split personalty gets to see another you know."  Where should I direct my questions?  Well personally I'd like to learn more about how she likes to do things.  You know, her personality.  Hmm....  I'll think of something.  You ask yourself when you see her. 

I listened for a moment, and laughed when I heard what he said."I did say I could craft tier two Items, I just can't equip them! that's the only downside to that." I showed him my blacksmith ranking, which was apprentice blacksmith(Rank 2), and I took note that Itzal still had a few questions for Mira. My expression changed and I leaned forward again, this time with a mischievous smile. "Na, naa, who would say we haven't already made the switch? besides that... What do you want to know about me?" I gazed at Itzal with a calm gaze now, paying close attention to what his reaction to what I said was. "Ask away Itzal!"

Itzal chuckled as he admitted his mistake.  Then he watched as she switched selves.  He cocked his head slightly.  "Interesting how you say na na at the beginning.  That's a start.  Is that just your personality or did something happen to start that?  And yes while you've already shown yourself you didn't exactly share much about yourself now did you?  So," he said clapping his hands together.  Nice touch.  Why thank you Ulises.  "So my first questions are about you.  What is your favorite color and why?  If you could, what would you do for enjoyment purposes?  If you were fighting with the sword how would you fight?"  He leaned closer.  "Do you think murder can be justified at all and if so why?  Ulises was based off of anger.  What are you based off of, and would you say what you're based off of is good or bad?  And if so why?"  The first few questions might have seemed pointless but Itzal knew that certain colors triggered certain reactions, emotions and thoughts.  It was a minor thing but he could tell to some small extent of a person's personality by the color they enjoyed.  What they loved to do for enjoyment was important as well.  Ulises had a secret enjoyment that he never told anyone and he tried to keep it from Felix, but of course, he found out anyway.  And then being based off of anger Ulises strikes with consistent strikes, with the mindset to push past defenses with sheer force.

... "the answer to your first question, is that was a quirk that Viola already had." I noticed that he was asking basic topics, and only two were questions that could make sense for him to ask. "... my favorite color, I have three, and so does Viola. those colors being violet, white, and blue, and our reasoning behind it... white represents Viola's desire for peace, Blue because of the sadness that we both hold inside of ourselves, and violet representing our passion. It's the crest of our shop as a matter of fact, a violet, blue, and white rapier. as for your second question... It would be charitable things, for example, I would get her to donate some of what she earned to a small shop that fed the poor and hungry back in the real world, and I would always help out in food banks while she slept as well. but here?... I would likely be helping clear the floors, and trying to get her to make new friends. The third one... I normally focus on powerful strikes with Viola's rapier, and I fight cleanly and fair. 'Tch, as if Mira! SHUT IT! I don't feel like having the interruption Viola. I understand that, I just don't F**king care.' At least I do for the most part. I would rather not talk about murder, the last thing I want is Viola going on and on and on about that later, and as for your last question... I am based off of vengeance, and while I don't necessarily think that it would be bad... there will always be someone that will think that I'm evil, or that Viola has a disability... which she does have. Acute Paranoiac Schizophrenia, which is essentially just one big phobia about being watched... so note of warning, she will attack if she has someone sneak up behind her." I sighed, materializing a small bottle of water, and I closed my eye. "The only other thing you would need to know... Is that she wouldn't do what she did back then, not now, not ever. Neither of us believe in redemption or any crap like that, we just believe that doing good deeds solves what we have done wrong. If that was the only questions you wanted to ask, then can I meet Ulises? I'm rather curious about him myself... and just to one up him... 'M... Mira..? uh... Uh?! MIRA DON'T YOU F***ING DARE!' I leaned close to his face, and I proceeded to lick his ear. "You don't mind me claiming you as a personal performer do you?" 'YOU ARE SO LUCKY YOU ARE A PART OF ME YOU SON OF A [censored]!!THAT WAS FOR EARLIER [censored]!!'