[PP-F3] Voices in our head <Itzal and Tricolor Mina>

Itzal nodded as he listened to Mira's answers.  He had hoped that she would talk about herself but it seemed she insisted on the thought that she was someone else.  He didn't think a split personality should be anything but another half of the person they were a part of.  As he listened to her he noticed that she stopped at one point, indicating that Mina was communicating with her.  She continued and Itzal could understand why Mira chose not to discuss murder.  "I only asked because if someone believes that murder is justified in general I believe them to be misguided.  If you kill in self defense of course it's justified but killing out of anger is never acceptable in our mind.  And if you're alright with it I'd rather not see you as vengeance but justice.  Vengeance indicates hate and revenge, both of which eat away at someone."  He nodded when she asked to see Ulises but hesitated at her last comment.  When she licked his ear total shock and nervousness overtook him and Ulises shoved him out of the driver seat, taking control before their face could light up red.  He wiped the saliva off of his ear.

"Mira, hugging and kissing are one thing,"  Don't give her ideas Ulises!  Itzal screamed, praying that Mira wouldn't try kissing them next.  "But licking another person is over the line.  Please refrain from doing that again.  Now that that's out of the way, sup," he said as he leaned back, folding his hands behind his head.  "Nice to see a sarcastic look besides that Kooh girl.  Of course I doubt it was her real face and that she's just masking herself, but I'll find out eventually.  You of course can't mask yourself, as neither can I.  There is no mask when both sides of our minds are the real thing after all.  Whether you admit it or not you are half of Mina, not Viola.  Perhaps you seem to be a lot like her because Mina was so attached to her, but you are you.  So how about this talk is between Ulises and Mira, and not a dead friend of hers?  Don't hold onto the past:  Look ahead and move on.  Also yes we'd love to be your personal performer.  I'd sing to you anytime you want deary." 

Edited by Itzal
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took notice that Itzal had switched hastily with Ulises, and I laughed quietly at him... until he brought up Viola. "Actually... That would be my other self's real name... didn't she mention that earlier? If she didn't... then my apologies." I looked at him with a cold glare. "One never needs to make assumptions unless they can back those assumptions up with proof. Now... I understand if Itzal still may have questions, out of respect for my superiors, meaning you, I'll let you take the first few questions, Sound fair?" I leaned back in my chair, and sighed... when I remembered something Interesting. 'Viola dear, can I tell Ulises and Itzal about the Giant snail? ? the Mini-Boss? Yes, that one. Seems fair... as long as you don't tell him we had our A** kicked by a giant snail... that we couldn't run away from.' I looked at Ulises and asked about the snail "Oh! I forgot to ask this to begin with.... Have you or Itzal ever heard of a mini-boss called <<Adult Magma Snail>>? I know it sounds stupid, but I wanna know If you've ever seen it before."

"huh.  IntInteresting then.  Well meh on the other part.  I found that if I accuse someone of something they react one of three ways:  the first is that they'll react defensively in a way that tells me it's true but they don't want me to believe It.  The second is when they act defensively but I can see in their eyes that they speak the truth, and the third when they admit it.  So in short it's a tactic of mine that I use to learn more about others.  Giant snail?  That's the stupidest monster I've ever heard.  Though there was a time Felix almost died fighting a wolf.  Man that lasted forever.  In the end though they became our allies and we hunt together from time to time.  I have to admit it's fun leading a small army into battle.  And no, I don't ask questions like Felix.  I prefer the sword."  Ulises looked through the inventory until he found a weapon long forgotten.  It was the starter sword, pathetic but still had some durability.  "So lets have a half health duel.  I learn others through combat not chit chat.  After that we can do anything you want.  We could even go dancing," he finished with a grin.  It's your life's goal to make me miserable isn't it?  What?  Your just noticing? Ulises sent the duel request.

I accepted the duel, and gazed at Ulises with a worried expression. "Hmm... this Is my first duel... so I may make a few mistakes, be aware of this." I opened my menu, and accepted the duel button, and I prepared for the duel.

<<Duel>>

Rule: Half health

Stats:

Tricolor_mina: Level 4, 80 hp(40 in this instance), 8 energy, 3 base damage. 

Armor/weapon buffs:

Cloak of duality: Thorns(deals 7 damage every successful, non-critical hit from your end) evasion(+1 evasion)

Soul Fragment Bleed(12 damage for 2 turns every successful attack I land) damage(+1 damage)

Skills:

Spoiler

Linear - 1x1 - (1 Energy) - A fast but weak single forward thrust.
Above - 1x1 - Stun - (4 energy)- a vertical swing that strikes the foe's head from above.

Rip Ravine - 2x1 - (2 Energy) - A simple two-hit sword art that traces a "V" pattern.

Battle/Combat Skills(armor skills/weapon skills/healing skills):

►Battle Healing
1 Rank (5 Sp)
Passive
Effect: Recover (6 x X)% health on natural CD rolls of 6+ (X=Rank Level)
Description: Recover small amounts of health in battle. The amount recovered is (6 x Rank Level) % of your max HP rounded down. Not affected by Combat craft enhancement.

»One-Handed Rapier:(5 SP)
1 Ranks
Passive
The effectiveness with which a player can use one hand thrusting type swords.

ID# 66929 results:

Loot: 20 (RNGeezus was kind to me!)

Edited by tricolor_mina
Health Mistakes :P

Ulises allowed the pitiful piece of equipment materialize before him and grabbed it as he rose to his feet, grinning.  "Heh heh, don't worry Mira I swear I'll go easy on you.  If I went all out this duel would end before you could blink an eye!  And this ain't our real sword, believe me.  If we pulled out Retributor you wouldn't stand any chance at all.  Not that you still do, but at least this makes it a tiny bit more fair.  And since this is your first duel I'll give you the first shot.  Ty to hit me!"  Ulises stood in the grassy area with the pitiful sword in his right hand and held them wide open.  There was a very low chance she'd actually hit him but he wanted to see if she could.  Not only that but he wanted to see how she would fight.  That was what he really looked for.  Not to mention that he would NOT allow defeat as an option.  Though...  If she did force him to switch to a more forceful tactic then she will have very much impressed him.  However he wasn't optimistic that it would really happen.

Stats

Spoiler

HP:  260
MIT:  3
EVASIVE:  3
ACCURACY:  2
BASE DMG:  5

Meditation:  recover 1 energy on cd rolls of 10
SWORD RANK:  4

Equippment

Niger Natio:  +2 Evasion + 1 recovery
Oblivion Ring:  +1 Evasion + 2 Accuracy
Basic One handed Longsword

LD:  15  I was hoping for a tie XD

Edited by Itzal

I sighed, gazing at Ulises with a blank expression. "A blank space can always surprise someone... get ready, I won't hold back Ulises." I dashed backwards a small time away, and I debated on damage, or a stunning skill. finally deciding that in case I screwed up, I would probably be better off without the skill so I prepared to attack, and I placed my hand on the pommel of Soul Fragment.

ID# 67007(For me, the only one you need to worry about would be CD)

BD: 4(-3 is 1)

CD: 7

I groaned when my attack blew up in my facerealizing that Viola wasn't the only one with bad luck in skill, and I hurried to the side, and prepared for his strike. "Looks like I'm not the only one with bad luck"

Result:

Itzal(Ulises): 260(Full health)

Tricolor_Mina(Mira): 80(Full health), 6/8 energy.

Edited by tricolor_mina

OOC- Tri and I have agreed to Godmodding

Ulises frowned slightly as Mira completely, and totally missed him.  Huh.  Gotta admit I'm a little disappointed.  She said this was her first duel man, she probably isn't used to our level of speed.  Still...  Ulises watched her rush to the side and turn around, preparing her weapon to block his attacks.  Blocking eh?  Ulises grinned and let the sword hang at his side, close to the ground.  His shoulders hung in a slightly zombie like fashion.  He was usually good at intimidating his foes unless they had nerves of steel and right now, at least to most players, he'd look like a nightmare unleashed.  "My turn."  Ulises began to slowly walk to her, his sword making a thin trench in the ground.  As he began to quicken his pace the sword was pulled out of the ground and as he ran at full speed toward his target he raised his hand to strike her from above and watched as she raised her weapon appropriately to block it.  His grin sharpened as he let go, spun in mid air, grabbing the sword with his left hand and struck underneath her sword, cutting her in the stomach and causing her to bend forward from the strike.  As he did so he felt a stab of pain and realized that her armor must have thorns.  It was an annoying pain at best though.  Ulises struck again with the momentum to her back but she recovered quickly and blocked the attack by holding her sword behind her back.  "Ah!  There we go!  Now this is turning into a duel!"

ID#  67010

BD:  7 + 2

Result

----------------

Ulises:  253/260  <>  52/52 energy

Mira:  75/80  <>  6/8 energy

@tricolor_mina

Edited by Itzal

ID#: 67011

BD: 6(-3 is 3)

CD: 3

I ran backwards, trying to put distance between us two, and I tried another simple attack, and I noticed that I had completely missed my mark, and I fell face first to the ground. "what kind of luck is that..." I muttered, picking myself up, and dusting my clothes off, and I picked up my sword to try to block his attack, and I braced myself on the ground.

<<Results as of yet>>

Ulises: 253/260 hp, 52/52 energy

Mira: 75/80 hp, energy 5/8(+1)

Edited by tricolor_mina

Ulises watched her turn around, jump ran back a little and then lunge at him, completely miss, and plunge face first into the ground.  He stared at her a moment, the excitement leeching out of him.  He sighed and shook his head while she got up.  When she turned to him he held his sword out.  Oh for.  She's not using her eyes.  She's not observing anything, not my stance, not my position, she's just rushing in and attacking.  Don't be so hard on her.  Not everyone is obsessed with strategies and tactics like we are.  Well yeah but she's had to have learned something in this game right?  Ulises was beginning to question just how fast this duel would last when he realized that she was relying on her thorns to harm him, not her own strikes.  Most likely the thorns would deal much more damage than she could herself.  Knowing that he realized that he needed to land a critical hit to avoid the thorns.  However doing that would give her bleeding and essentially end the duel altogether.  He refused for this to end quickly.  Perhaps if he sped the duel's pace up she could strike back.  He dashed at her with lightning speed and struck from shoulder to shoulder as she braced herself, not falling over but not standing firm anymore.  He quickly struck at her again which she blocked but he didn't stop there.  He struck at her again and again, over and over, never stopping, never giving her the chance to hit back.

ID#  67012  BD:  7 + 2

Result

---------------

Ulises:  246/260  <>  52 energy

Mira:  70/80  <>  4/8 energy

Edited by Itzal

ID: 67013

BD: 8(-3=5)

CD: 5

I crouched down, carefully watching Ulises with a calm look, and I shot forward, trying to aim underneath his sword, barely missing his right cheek. 'Looks like I'm getting better huh? Keep going mira!' I gazed in Ulises direction, a smile creeping on my face.

<<Current results>>

Ulises: 246/260 hp, 52/52 energy.

Mira: 70/80 hp, 4/8 energy(+1)

Edited by tricolor_mina

Ulises felt the sword stab past his cheek and after she smiled he blocked her next attack and held her sword still by sliding his blade along hers until her blade fell in between the base of the blade and the guard that curved toward the sword, making it impossible to release without the proper movement and gave a grim but pleased smile.  "Better.  Much better.  But you still can't hit me can you?"  He broke the lock and while her sword was in the air stabbed her shoulder, feeling the thorns effect, and struck at her again.  She tried to block his attack but he pushed the blade out of the way.  "Stop blocking!  Rapiers aren't meant for blocking!  Dodge, parry, deflect if you have to, but for crying out loud DON'T BLOCK!"  He swung his blade extremely fast at her from all directions and when she dodged at last she dodged to the side striking at him as she did so.  He parried it with a flick of his sword.  This was ridiculous.  Surely she could learn from this fight?  Maybe she'd agree to let Ulises train her in the art of combat.  Goodness knows she could use it.

ID#  67014   BD:  6 + 2

Result

-------------

Ulises:  239/260  <>  52/52 energy

Mira:  65/80  <>  2/8 energy

Edited by Itzal

ID#: 67015

BD: 3 (-3 is 0)

CD: 11

I charged him with an angered gaze, and attacked multiple times, none hitting, but my battle healing skill healed back 4 of my health points. 'MIRA! Get a hold of yourself, you idiot, or I'm taking control back! I don't really care, do whatever, but I'm gonna win." Parry, Parry, dodge, Parry... the pattern was getting rather repetitive at this point, so I merely jumped backwards, and beckoned him forward. "I have a grim feeling that this is gonna end up going south on my end, so hit me with your best shot." I prepared to parry or dodge, depending on his movements of course.

<<Current Status>>

Ulises: 239/260 hp, 49/52 energy

Tricolor_Mina: 69/80 hp, 3/8(+1)

Edited by tricolor_mina

OOC- I'll edit the stats after Calrex clarifies for me

Ulises watched with satisfaction as Mira began to parry his attacks as instructed.  He nodded with approval as he deflected Mira's jabs and stabs and would release a flurry of strikes of his own.  "Better, much better."  Now that the battle was speeding and heating up he couldn't speak to her lest he risk his lungs collapsing in agony.  Instead he decided to speak with his blade.  He watched her dodge his next three attacks, parry his upcoming six, and then throw a counter attack which he simply moved his head out of the way before striking her cheek, missing barely but-.  Ulises focused on her health bar and noticed that it wasn't as low as it should be.  Oh ho.  She has battle healing.  Ulises was competitive and if he couldn't defeat her normally he'd finish her off with a sword art.  He would not lose, not now, not ever.  Felix may lose to his friends in a friendly duel, but friendly or no, Ulises never lost.

ID#  67017   BD:  3 + 2   CD:  6

Result

---------------

Itzal:  239/260  <>  50/52

Mira:  69/80  <>  3/8

Edited by Itzal

ID: 67018

BD: 3 (not even gonna calculate that, it's still a miss :P)

CD: 5

I took a swing, and I missed, I watched him miss, and I kept sidestepping him, and I parried repeatedly in order to keep my balance, and I rushed backwards so I could have more space for dodging.'D@mn it. I can't hit him! Like I said, chill ou- you know what, we need to switch. I don't even care anymore.I sighed, and crouched low to the ground, and prepared to parry and dodge the many attacks that were inevitable

Edited by tricolor_mina

OOC-  I'm not sure if Mira and Mina switched so I'm assuming Mira is still fighting

Ulises watched as Mira parried and blocked, and then began to retreat.  It was slowly at first but her retreats became quicker more and more frequently.  Ulises frowned when he saw this and he pushed harder, his sword swinging faster.  As he struck and watched her parry he saw her expression harden and grow more and more frustrated.  So she hasn't become fully in control of her emotions yet.  That might go away if she does calming the soul.  Oh yeah I forgot about that.  Ulises refocused on the battle and saw her anger growing.  Then, all of a sudden, her anger dropped and her face took on a calm and collected appearance.  Ulises, she switched with Mina.  I can see that.  Let me fight her Ulises.  Your mental tactics won't work on her.  I wouldn't-!...  Ok maybe I would have tried.  But.  Oh alright.  Ulises slipped out and Itzal slipped in, switching the sarcastic face with a calm, focused and yet gentle face and his tactics switched from an aggressive series of nonstop attacks to parries and counter strikes.

ID#  67054  BD:  1

-----------------

Nothing changes :p

Edited by Itzal

Dice ID#: 67102

BD: 3 (fail :P)

CD: 1 (fail again :P)

I ducked underneath his blade, and kept parrying and dodging his attacks, keeping a stony face the entire time, I never attacked, merely choosing to avoid the blows, only every now and then attacking with a heavy blow, with Itzal always blocking it. "Na, Naa, It looks like you chose to switch too, Itzal... an interesting choice." I continued to strike, carefully watching for his counter-attacks.

(No need to post results, as nothing has changed)

Edited by tricolor_mina

Itzal watched as the girl's face kept a stony hard, unyielding look.  From what he heard he didn't expect Mina to appear this way.  He struck over and over at her and dodged her counters, throwing counter attacks of his own right back at her.  As the duel continued the fight became more and more like a fencing match as Itzal's swings slowly became series of jabs and thrusts.  When they parried each other's blade the would simply thrust and move the blade just barely out of harms way of the defender, attempting to strike the other while they were at it.  As the fight continued Ulises was curious about Itzals style of fighting.  He had combined both offensive and defensive tactics together into a more fence like style in this fight, even though his weapon was stronger with slashes.  What was he up to?  Was he purposefully going easy on her?  Or was he-  Ulises' train of thought stopped suddenly as something crawled up his spine like lightning.  Not an actual spine but that's what it would feel like if he had one.  He froze up for two seconds before being released.  That was the second time it happened.  He knew that this wouldn't end well for him.  He glanced at Itzal and knew that he was too focused to notice Ulises' little moment and decided to 'sit' down and watch.

ID#  67298

BD:  4 + 1

CD:  3

Result

------------------

Itzal:  239/260  <>  48/52

Mira:  69/80  <>  3/8

I continued to parry the now infrequent attacks, and I chose to just Ignore it for a little while... until Mira made me freeze up, and I held my hand up and got Itzal to stop fighting me, and I hit the surrender button.

<<Winner: Itzal!>>

I finally stopped, wheezing for air. I was exhausted, and I felt like I was going to pass out, so i sat down and materialized a bottle of water, gulping it down almost instantly while I quizzed Mira on why she had made me freeze up. 'Mira... You okay?... The cardinal decided that I can't exist here anymore. I don't get it... why would that ha- If a player has any mental instabilities, they typically get cured while playing the nerve gear... at least while the user is playing... and I guess It decided that It didn't want me here any- NNH! Mira! I want you to be able to make friends, be able to get out of this H*llhole, to get out of the loophole of despair. for god's sake, don't keep moping about Mira's death. It wont help you anymore. Just... Take Care Of yourself...Inwardly, I could hear the shattering of polygons, signifying the loss of Mira. I started crying when I realized that I had lost her for good, and I started to sob, tears choking my breath.

Itzal stopped abruptly when she lifted a hand and both he and Ulises were utterly and completely shocked that she resigned.  They both knew Mira would not accept defeat.  As the winner icon popped up Itzal sheathed his blade.  He was about to ask her what was wrong when he noticed that she was talking with Mira.  Then suddenly fear shown on her face.  "Mina what's wrong?!"  Suddenly she broke down in sobs, falling to her knees and Itzal rushed over and placed an arm around her.  Something was horribly wrong and he didn't know what.  Both Itzal and Ulises were very intently focused on her with complete and absolute worry for her.  Ulises had a secondary worry though.  He felt it go through his system and he was making guesses as to what was actually going on.  This being the second time it happened he still didn't understand it but he was beginning to worry.  Worry that he was about to find out.  While Itzal tried to comfort her and ask what was going on Ulises withdrew, deep into his realm inside Itzal's mind and drew his sword.  With what power he had he summoned fake enemies and backed up.  Something was coming.  He wasn't sure what but he had to master his technique.  He needed to do so as soon as possible.  It was an incredible technique and it could not be lost.