[F4-PP] Winter Storms (Hakai)

Rin's gaze fell upon the descending night sky, that was practically no difference then what happened before as the world was chilling off on this floor from what she could feel as she now wrapped her arms about her body. Her teeth chattering as she looked toward the east to see storm clouds that were now beginning to roll in as this floor was prone to have blizzards that would drop inches of snow quickly. As they waited there after defeating the large frost giant the cat-like Rin began to shuffles slowly to her latest companion.

"I don't think we can stay out here in the snow for much longer since it appears that a winter storm is preparing to descend upon us."

She remained still beside Hakai, her own face rather flustered as she wasn't quite sure of what to do in this particular circumstance as she was in awe of the girl's sheer strength. It was admirable that the different roles that women were capable of taking on since the world wasn't gender specific for roles unlike other video games she heard of. The dancing snow that blew through the evening sky was beginning to fall faster upon them.

"Umm, I think we aren't going to make it back to the town quick enough to avoid the storm. There isn't a vacant cave or something about is there?"

@Hakai

Edited by Rin

Hakai glanced back at Rin, listening to what she said about the storm coming. She didnt like it. She didnt want to find some cave to hide in while they waited for a storm to pass, she wanted to head home, regardless of any weather. Still, Rin was a bit of a weakling and probably would manage to fall off of a cliff or something in the storm. She smiled kindly to her and reached out to grasp her hand. "It wouldnt be safe to head into the canyon, thats where all the monsters are, but there is a cave nearby. It goes pretty far into the mountains, but the cavern at the front is save and free from monsters." She explained, leading Rin beside the wall of the mountain towards the cave in mind as the shadow of the storm loomed over them. She wondered what they would do for the time they waited. Inevitably she would get bored and end up exploring. She needed to stop getting into situations like this.

Rin frowned and glanced over to Hakai feeling a bit awkward as this was going to be difficult for her to start dealing with this situation as she wasn't all that sociable when it came to awkward circumstances. She felt her hands squeezed in her hand as she held on tight wandering along side as she began to contemplate what to do while they were searching. Perhaps the best plan if their wasn't going to be any fight was to keep searching out for more sp while they attempted to discover how deep the paths in the mountain were. She really didn't know but perhaps there were even special chests or the like that would be hidden within the pass. Those were all just pipe dreams though as most special items were rewards from defeating sub dungeons or bosses. 

"I umm, should probably repay you for the killing of that monster. Maybe I can make you something if I find any more materials and it will be on me as I'm still a bit new to the crafting side of this world. I'm a tailor by the way,"

As she commented about her own job and how she was happy to repay Hakai for protecting her thus far made her realize that it probably wasn't any fun for someone like her to be stuck up in a cave. She glanced about the cave and plopped down upon a rock.

"Umm, do you want to try and either get back to the city in the storm or just see where the cave  leads? I heard people say their was a cave near the city that seemed to have a network of tunnels."

As she walked toward the deeper end of the cave she smiled and picked up a bit of fur that was lost by a rather large monster.

ID: 66984 LD: 17+1

1 material

Edited by Rin

"I'm a merchant." She said with a smile. Maybe the girls natural talents lay in sewing rather than fighting. "Well, i see one of two options.: She stated, smirking. "We can stay in this cavern and snuggle together for warmth, or we can explore the tunnels. I dont see going outside as an option." She said, grinning. She wasnt entirely joking when she suggested them snuggling, as she truly wouldnt be adverse to that, but she doubted the girl would take her up on her offer. As such, she unsheathed her katana and started to walk towards the tunnel at the back of the cave. She hoped that they wouldnt have to fight anything, as any fight would take a really long time and the purpose of this shortcut was to get to the town faster, not slower. She glanced back at Rin. "Come on cutey."

Rin's face suddenly lit up from the pale meek child she was to the an embarrassment that she just couldn't hide from the suggestion as she was still cold even with the leather coat. Although the way that she mentioned it seemed more like an endearment one would have toward a pet rather then another human being as she merely froze in place attempting to register a proper method to react to such a notion. The girl's delicate digits now rolling across one another as she began to shiver not solely from the cold now as she began to mewl weakly like a an abandoned kitten would on the streets of New York. She was still mulling over the idea of snuggling down in the cave as she wasn't really prepared for spelunking down into the depths of the cave although, from the way Hakai now unsheathed her katana brandishing it for only her eyes to see it became sorta clear they were about to go on another adventure.

"I er right, so deep into the cave march the two of us I guess since the other option would just be awkward since we don't even know one another. Right?"

As she spoke back following a deep peach blush still in her cheeks as she now heard the woman in front of her call her cute. It was only a bit discomforting, but for the most part now Rin was beginning to enjoy the idea of being with someone else after the few weeks of solitude. As she wandered closer toward Hakai she got distracted from her search for more mats when she accidentally bumped into her back.

"Eek I'm sorry!"

ID: 67061 LD: 2

Edited by Rin

Hakai smiled to the woman, glad to see that she wasnt upset by her comment. She actually seemed to be seriously thinking about it. She smirked to herself. "Im sure it wouldnt be awkward. Just two woman trying to keep warm." She said in an innocent tone of voice, lowering her katana a bit. There wasnt an immediate threat. She glanced around the cavern, only just now noting the glow in the dark moss that kept the cave as bright as though they were outside. The bright blue glow made the cavern feel even colder somehow. She looked back to make sure that Rin was comign before looking back towards the entrance to the tunnels, only to feel someone bump into her from behind. She turned around to face Rin who had squeaked and apologized. "It's fine Rin-chan. You can lean on me whenever you'd like." She said with a joking smirk. She turned back to the tunnel and stepped into it, shivering momentarily. The tunnel was even colder than the cavern and sloped downwards.

As Hakai spoke about how her own bumping into was no matter she began to flail her limbs as she felt like it was a bigger deal then it really had to be. Rin stopped her motions as she then blinked and looked up to see the joking smirk on Hakai's face feeling even more embarrassed as she began to grimace uncomfortably. The girl's entire body still was trembling as they walked forward as she was always more sensitive to the cold even in the real world as her teeth began to chatter. A weak mewl escaping her lips as she began to complain.

"See it's not all ok we are stuck in this cave and with that cardinal system Kayaba or whatever the heck his name is could decide that it was our time by merely dropping us into some sort of avalanche or rock slide and we would have no power. No one should be as powerful as  what he is capable of doing and just because people can be killed due to his stupid stupid game isn't at all fair."

As she complained she realized that this wasn't really the best time for breaking down particularly since they were still venturing into the frozen depths of the cave that could have various monsters that were ready to jump out and slay them in an instance. 

Edited by Rin

She glanced over at Rin. "He wont though. A big part of this game is about fairness, and we wont get killed as long as we arent stupid." She explained, reaching out a hand to grasp Rin's comfortingly. "So it is all okay. Just stick near to me and youll be fine. I'd die for you cutey pie." She said with a wink, squeezing her hand gently. She glanced back down the passage which was continuing to slope slowly downwards and was growing steadily colder. "At this rate we might need to head back. Hopefully it starts sloping back up soon and gets a bit warmer. In all seriousness if your too cold we can huddle together." She said, looking at Rin with a serious look on her face. She didnt want the girl to have to go through any unnecessary pain. She was pretty good at dealing with the cold, but she knew that most others werent. The cold was her element, but she doubted it was Rin's.

Rin merely nodded as she nibbled her bottom lip and shook her head as she really was feeling awful right now even with the coat she was given as she hated this element. The rather childish female merely laughed and shook her head and then pulled her huddling arms away from her body as she joking stated.

"I'm fine this is nothing compared to that polar plunge that people normally do during the winter. Besides just the realization that Kayaba and reassurance he won't be doing anything unfair is enough to warm me up. See no more teeth chattering."

As she spoke her teeth did in fact stop shivering as she was merely quivering everywhere else and her teeth weren't impacting one another since she had her mouth open in attempts to keep them from giving away anything. She merely picked up her pace and started down the ramp as she tried to keep up her spirits as she knew that if she didn't she was going to start crying and remembering why she hated this game. Rin gripped into the rocky slope as she began to descend iup into the cave till suddenly she reached up for a grip on the rock to find she wasn't keeping a grip any more. In an instance she lost traction and dropped another foot down the incline as she winced and groaned now curled up against the cave floor as she merely attempted to keep warm.

"Just materials look for those don't think anything of this, Rin. Oh see there Material well earned."

ID: 67073 LD: 20

1 Material

Edited by Rin

Hakai watched as Rin slipped and fell over, finding a material in the process. SHe reached a hand down to help her up. "Be careful Rin. I'd carry you, but if we get attacked I'll need my hands free." She said with a smile. She was definitely enjoying her time with Rin, even if they were freezing into ice cubes while hanging out together. "When we get to the settlement I'll be sure to buy you a big cup of hot chocolate with whatever toppings and food you want." She reached over and started to pet Rin's hair gently as they walked further into the tunnels. The tunnels themselves were finally leveling off, and from what she could see in the distance they looked to start going back up in a thousand feet or so. She smiled to herself, but kept her grip on her katana. She didnt trust it as much as she would like to. There was always the chance that something could go very wrong on the way there.

As she slipped she felt the girl now reach down to help her back up to her feet, finally shuffling the material into her pocket as she whimpered feeling the frigid air finally getting to her as she began to look to her hands. They were numb from the gripping the frozen rocks as she made the mistake up not wearing or making herself gloves at this point. Grimacing as she now continued down the path till she saw the leveling out of the tunnel as she merely mewled and pressed her head gently up against Haka's arm. As her hand began to gently rub through her ears she closed her eyes now emulating a cat's purring as she nearly collapsed into Hakai' arm from the reassuring touch. Rin's body had decided now was about the time to take a little rest, possibly permanently as she wasn't even stirring that much from her position as she merely shivered once more this time her teeth chattering away against one another as she had obviously been lying about her predicament. Rin didn't enjoy this floor when she was out and about looking for materials as she knew that in the city she could always just stop by someone's shop and get a nice warm cup of hot cocoa unlike out here.

"I'm just gonna take a little nap here I thinks-"

She murmured as she would either collapse onto the ground without support or lean into Hakai regardless of the fact that she might need to keep her weapon prepared for monsters lurking in the cave.

ID: 67086 LD: 2+1

Edited by Rin

Hakai grinned as Rin started to purr from her petting. She was growing quite attached to the young woman. As the woman fell over sideways, Hakai sheathed her katana and caught her in one fluid and quick movement. She picked Rin up effortlessly and started to carry her down the passage. Luckily, nothing eventful happened, and she reached the end of the tunnel a few short minutes later, exiting to the surface and coming out right next to the main settlement. She continued carrying the beautiful woman to the teleport and headed to the first floor, carrying Rin to her shop. She opened the door, walking across the red velvet carpet and to the stairs in the back, going upstairs and setting Rin on her bed before tucking her in. She looked to be very tired. Hakai would have carried her to wherever she lived, but she truly didnt know if the girl even had a home. She gently closed the door behind her, leaving it unlocked, and went downstairs. Maybe she would try to appraise something for the first time in her life.

Rin's shivered in Hakai's arms as she was now being held, her own eyes clamped shut as she was now nuzzling into the girl who was carrying her through the rest of the tunnel. As they wandered about through it she slowly would open her eyes everyone once in a while only getting snippets of a film basically with the different slides as she saw the outside and the city before lapsing back out. She mewled softly and kept her chattering teeth down to a minimum as she felt the area about them beginning to warm up to help muster the strength to actually start moving her limbs about while she continued to be cradled like a child. After what must have been the majority of the trip she woke up tucked into a rather warm bed as she now blinked a bit startled. Her body temperature was back to normal after what was probably an hour long nap as she began to look about the room.

"W-where am I?"

She asked to the empty room now sitting up and planting her feet to the side of the bed. She pulled off the sheets and began to shuffle out form the room draped in the blanket.

"Umm hello ... miss?"

Hakai was rejoicing over the new demonic item she had just appraised when she heard footsteps coming down the stairs. She exited the back room, the white and gold gauntlet on her hand to see Rin walking downstairs wrapped up in the blanket that had been on her bed. She waved to her happily with her gauntleted hand before walking over to her. "How are you feeling Cutey?" She asked, smiling to her. "This is my shop. I carried you here because i dont know where you live." She stated before pulling the gauntlet off of her hand and setting it on the counter. "Have you ever heard of demonic enhancements?" She asked with a smile, planning to brag about her katana and her new gauntlet to the girl. She wasnt really going to use the gauntlet at all, but she still had bragging rights as she had appraised it.

Rin blinked a bit shocked that Hakai had carried her all this way to wherever the shop had apparently been although this was quite incredible that she was so strong to do all that. As she sat down upon the ground she bean to nibble her bottom lip as she merely shook her head no, truth be told she didn't really know much about demonics or enhancements. The girl looked around for a seat for a few minutes and then decided it was easier to just sit cross legged upon the ground a bit flustered as she now bowed her head to the floor.

"I'm so sorry for making you do all this for me, I didn't think that I would just pass out there in the cold I'm ashamed of doing so. I guess I really just needed to go back to the town after all, forgive me."

She winced closing her eyes feeling rather guilty that she couldn't manage to finish the journey out of the cave before sitting back up a few tears streaming down her cheeks. She knew she didn't have anything to off for paying her with such gracious acts.

"And here I was questioning your morals and then you save me like this -"

She sniffled feeling awful that she was questioning if the girl could be trusted.

Hakai grinned at the woman. "You dont need to apologize. If I didnt want to do it I would have left you in the cold. And I dont usually do things that I dont want to." She said seriously before smirking again. She reached out and started to pet Rin again. "A demonic enhancement is a special enhancement that isnt available to most people, that does something that is unique when compared to other enhancements." She unsheathed her katana. "This is Limbo's Fang, a unique boss drop with four slots and demonic enhancements." She sheathed it again. "If you ever get your hands on it, keep your hands off of the blade. Its very very dangerous. If you cut yourself you might die. Ill give you a hint as to it's special enhancements." She said with a wink. "It came from a spider boss." She unbuckled her sheath from her belt and set it on the counter of the shop as she waited for Rin's guess.

As the hand reached down toward her head again she flinched a bit embarrassed and startled by the touch before closing her eyes for a second enjoying the touch with a soft audible purr. She nodded understanding a bit of what the girl was saying as she was beginning her own craftsmanship and thankfully had two perfect items to work upon although one of them she was determining to be a better looting enhancement since her current one is rare. A faint blush on her cheeks as she sat their watching as she unsheathed the demonic weapon her eyes blankly staring at the weapon as she frankly wasn't the biggest fan of them, but it was quite elegant. She then raised her hand as if she was in school When she mentioned that it came from a spider her mind began to wander into precarious territory as she began to think of the spider's web and how people could get stuck in the big boss webs. After thinking more it rolled into the gutter till she squeaked shaking her head and rubbing her eyes.

"I don't want to be touched by that blade, got it. Do you buy any chance know how to assist someone else in designing ideas. Right now I was thinking of making some items but - I don't know what would look good on me."

She asked curious as she was sitting upon some mats that she intended to form into perfect tool without a real idea yet of where to go.

Edited by Rin

Hakai smiled at Rins purring and continued to gently run her hand over the woman's head. "Im not a crafter, but in my opinion designs are something that you need to come up with yourself. All crafters should have there own style, although that doesnt meant that their designs are unique. Just wake stuff however you want it. If you want to make a collar like this one..." She pointed to the collar around her own neck. "Then you do that. It isnt something that requires someone to design for you. This games crafting system is simplicity itself, so just craft and dont worry about a thing." She said, enjoying Rin's purring and wondering if she could have Rin as her shop's mascot. "Im actually looking to get a certain item for my shop. Its an item that increases how well you do your profession. You should make yourself one if your thinking of being a serious crafter, or buy one if your profession cant make them."

Rin nodded in agreement as she now began to contemplate exactly how she wanted it to possibly look like, perhaps a really adorable one that people can't even really think looks weird on her. Although, she already appears quite creepy with her plans on the actual exploring gear so it really couldn't hurt that much if she kept trying that hard. A unique design. She lifted her fingers up to her lips and began to tap them contemplating it was rather odd that so many people were suddenly wearing collars. Perhaps they were the new cool thing to wear sorta like skinny jeans. She didn't understand the purpose of feeling cloth tightly gripping your skin but people liked them none the less. As she talked about crafting a particular item she clapped her hand. 

"I might start making plushies, although I heard those were quite difficult for someone who is just starting out to make.  Anyway, if you by any chance end up with a lot of materials by some miracle would you be willing to spare some?"

"Be sure to make me a plushie when you can." She said with a smile at Rin. She went behind the counter in her shop and pulled out ten materials. "Here. I recently made a large donation to another shop, of fifty materials, and i just used fifteen or so crafting. This is all I have left for the moment, but you can have them. I rarely appraise things anyway." She explained, putting the materials in a bag and handing them to Rin. "You can stay here for the night if you dont have a place to stay." She offered, wondering exactly how that would go. In all likelyhood she would just end up sleeping on the floor in her workshop. She gave her one more pet. "Its up to you, but it's getting late, so you should make a decision." She smiled at Rin again. She had grown attached to her, after only a single day. She wanted Rin to stay, but at the same time she didnt really have anywhere for two people to sleep.

Edited by Hakai