{PP-F1} First Impressions are Most Important -Morgenstern and Myself-

Domarus walked through the enormous city with ease, parting the crowd just by appearing as a giant.  Being 6'6" helped in that aspect.  It also helped when Domarus was ready to manipulate others.  However he was nowhere near ready for the sort of work he had planned.  Before anything else he needed to befriend a few people.  He couldn't just go around bossing people around at level one now could he?  No.  They would either mock him or some higher player would come and show him his place.  He needed to become powerful, someone who couldn't be taken down easily.  He heard that the 'front liners' only accepted the best so he might be interested in starting there.  Once he was there he would hopefully have a devoted follower or two.  Arc definitely looked like a potential servant, or consistent mercenary at least.  He told Domarus how he was willing to do anything but murder players, unless the circumstances demanded it.  Therefore after becoming good friends with Arc, he might set up a special scenario where Arc would have no choice but to kill.  Not only that but he needed to manipulate the situation to soften Arc's feelings on killing.  After all being a pker Domarus would never gain trust of others, so he'd need someone else doing his dirty work.  One day however he wouldn't need to hide anymore and his two handed battle ax would be feared by all.  For now of course, he could do nothing until he gained a follower or two.  He had one when he entered the game of course.  She was possibly his only friend.  But she was separated from him and didn't find their meeting spot.  Frustrated with having to play nice to everyone around him he wished he could take it out on her but she wasn't around.  He was nearly going mad with having to bottle up his frustrations.  Still even with all of this annoyance with these crap players he kept the most gentle appearance he could and smiled and waved, even greeted players as they ran by.  Hopefully he'd be strong enough to leave this pitiful pit soon.  He didn't want to leave without finding Keres first though.

@Morgenstern

Edited by Domarus
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC- Your character thoughts are scary

Jonathan walked on the first floor. He had not really come around this floor much, caught up with training himself, usually on the fourth floor. As usual he had on a white jacket Jeans and Zodiac Blade on his back. He walked around, scouting for more players coming out of the shadows. Or anything he could help with in general. Surprisingly, today there was actually a crowd of people. Jonathan eyed the crowd. What are they all here for? Standing in the midst, the tallest of the players was a red haired man that was several inches taller than the rest of the players. He was much taller than Jonathan himself, almost a whole foot. Players parted away for this character, as he walked through, and his face seemed deep into thought. He had starter gear, but seemed to have some strage bit to himself. Like he was king or something. 

Jonathan watched him pass then realized he kept a gentle approach. He smiled and waved at other players, which left Jonathan generally confused. I would like to get more information on this guy. Jonathan followed the tall man. I can fake my level maybe he will try something, and I will get it out again. Jonathan opened his menu and equipped his starting gear. My starter gear should pull it off, If I am wrong then I will reveal my level. Jonathan walked up to him and reached up and tapped his shoulder.  Hello sir, I was wondering if you could help me farm some col and materials...

OOC - Heh heh.  Why thank you.  ;)

Domarus felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around, anxious to see a player who actually had the courage to walk up to him, let alone touch him.  He hoped he would find a player worthy of turning into a follower but as of yet nobody had the slightest courage.  He smiled when he saw the player who greeted him.  He seemed a little energetic, strong, and carried himself well.  The look in his eye told him he knew what he was doing.  And yet he was still in his starter outfit.  Still when the player talked about col and material hunting he automatically knew that this player knew much more than he did.  He needed to learn more about Aincrad so he could hold his own and rise to the top.  He couldn't do it alone either, so he would need to befriend players and make followers.  If this player was like most people, he could kill two birds with one stone.  And it wasn't as if he were going to persuade him immediately.  As always he planned on slowly befriending the man until he was ready for light manipulation.  Then he'd slowly continue until the man was either his follower or just a 'friend'.

"Oh hey there!  Well I can honestly say that I have no idea what you'd need coal for, nor where or how to find it, and the same goes for materials.  If you teach me how though, I'd be glad to help!"  The situation worked perfectly.  Arc had helped him get the gist of combat and this player would help him understand gathering.  He understood that until he reached a more powerful level, he could not risk soloing under any circumstances.  He'd need a combat partner and fast if he was going to progress anywhere.  Perhaps this player was good at combat and was just low on supplies.  Either way this was a great opportunity and he never passed them down.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan smirked as the man turn to see him. The man seemed surprised that Jonathan had the courage to touch him. The six foot man turned, revealing amber eyes. Jonathan studied them. They were doing the same as him. Jonathan could tell neither was telling the complete story. And The man seemed to know it as well. Jonathan listened as the man agreed to help him. The man held himself strong but didn't know the entirity of how to play the game. Itis not like every other low level isn't like this... Sure, I can teach you how to find materials. and "Col" is the form of money around here which you can obtain from hunting monsters, you can also get materials from monsters. At least, so I learned from a scout named Itzal. Jonathan smiled at the man. It wasn't the complete truth but the information was true. 

The name is Jonathan... Jonathan opened his menu and sent the man a party invite. He wanted to see the player's true intentions but it might take more than just today. He would befriend the player and see him multiple times. If he found he was clean, Jonathan would spew. Something was just not completely right with this man.... Aome kind of strange desire. 

He watched as this player observed Domarus and he obviously had a doubt or two.  So this was another cautious player was he?  Domarus would need to learn a bit about him before deciding if he would try manipulating him to his own whims.  However he looked capable so he would either be a great ally, or could be a potentially dangerous threat.  Either way he hoped that this player would be neutral at best.  He didn't want to receive someone who would go telling everyone he was someone to avoid this early in his campaign.  He had only just begun and it would take time and effort to reach his goals.  Still this player probably wouldn't let go to any doubts until he was satisfied.  Luckily, Domarus was a master of deception and manipulation.  This player would not receive any hint of his true personality so long as he could help it.  He smiled to the player.

"Ah, that makes sense.  It would have been really weird if coal was important in this game.  A scout huh?"  Hmm.  A scout.  That would be an excellent addition to his forces.  Scouts were good at gathering intel, evidently materials, and investigating.  If he had his own scout he could stay well informed.  With a scout he would never be taken by surprise.  All rumors, names, mythes and such would be at his personal disposal.  Not only this but he could send them to interact with players who disliked him and learn their strengths, weaknesses and personal views.  With this information he could either persuade them, warn them off or dispose of their position if need be.  There were more ways to dispose of players besides killing of course.  Publicly humiliating was one famous one, and once he had the crowd's favor he could easily change their opinion on his targets, making them look bad and publicly taken out.

"Itzal huh?  I'd like to meet him sometime.  Maybe you could introduce us?"  He watched as the player who now named himself as Jonathan held out his hand and Domarus took hold, feeing the player's strength did not restrain his strong grip and shook firmly.

"My name's Domarus.  Nice to meet you Jonathan.  And I'd love to join you."

Jonathan watched as the man listened intently to Jonathan soaking up the knowledge like water to a sponge. He seemed to quite an interest to scout players. And Itzal. Maybe you could introduce us?" Jonathan thought for a second.  Why exactly would he want to meet Itzal. Sure, i'll introduce you two... The player shook his hand and introduced himself as Domarus. At least I have a name now.... Jonathan turned around to move to the city gates. Their stats should have been similar since he had starter gear on. AS Jonathan exited the town, he felt the breeze of the plains. He pulled out his starting sword and gazed upon it. It was old fashioned and much lighter than his normal one. So let us search for materials shall we... I am not that good at it though. Jonathan gazed around his feet but after a few minutes of searching he came up with nothing.  

ID:67250 LD:14

Edited by Morgenstern

Domarus watched the Jonathan's immediate reaction as hesitation through his eyes.  It seemed he was already very suspicious of him but why would someone be suspicious that people wanted to meet other people?  It should be natural for a new player to want the chance to meet other players, as well as learn about the different builds in the world.  Of course the man named Arc had already shared to him what builds and stats there were, but that didn't really matter now.  He was here to learn about materials and col, and above all, gain followers.  However this player was awfully suspicious and if he didn't warm up to Domarus then he would need to find someone else.  But for now he just needed to persuade this player that he was honest and good.  Everything he wasn't basically.  At least, Domarus believed the word good depended on your point of view.  Personally he doesn't see anything wrong in getting your own personal goals so long as nobody's actually hurt doing it.  But once again you'd need to think about what it is to actually hurt someone to determine that.  He releases severe punishments on his servant partly because he needs a way to vent, and partially because she enjoys it.  He smiled at Jonathan, showing no suspicion or confusion in any way.

"That would be great!  I don't have many friends here as most of them didn't get the game in time, and I'd like to make some more.  The more the merrier right?"  As they walked out of the city gate Domarus scanned the area for anything that could be used for alchemy.  Esther had showed him what was useful and what wasn't not long ago, and he was eager to help Mari with her progress.  Esther told him that Mari made potions that influenced the mind using the nerve gear.  According to what he heard there was a potion that gave the target temporary bloodlust, a potion that forced the consumer to tell the truth, and a potion that acted as an addictive substance.  All three of these would greatly benefit his progress and he was told that she had more as well.  He wondered if it was possible to create a torture potion.  His eyes scanned the area, checking for any possible ingredients, but he didn't see anything.  Perhaps he should look a little more closely at the plants then maybe he would spot one.

@Morgenstern

Edited by Domarus

Jonathan watched as Domarus began to look for materials. He really had not shown any sign of suspicion. Maybe he was starting to get the wrong idea. I'll hide my identity for a bit longer, but I have to come out, if he remains clean... So, you have an eye set on a profession? I am an alchemist myself, but I am having a problem with materials at the moment, so my work has taken a long break. Its been about two weeks now I think... Jonathan returned to looking to the ground for plants he could use. Jonathan seen some boars in the distance, but knew his ally would probably not take any movements on it. If so Jonathan would merely watch. If he took part in combat he might reveal himself. Why have I hidden my true identity. It is not like he would really care. Jonathan watched as the battle went on. 

67300 LD:10 No mat :(

Edited by Morgenstern

Domarus listened Jonathan expand on his earlier remark, sparking a conversation at last.  It was one he didn't care for but was necessary to keep his suspicions at a minimum.  He wondered how to word his response.  He could just openly tell him why he wanted to be an artisan.  Or he could talk about how he always loved designing things.  Either way he had to speak up.  And he decided to choose the latter.

"Well I wanted to do Artisan because I love designing things.  I make all sorts of trinkets back at home.  It's a lot of fun and people get a benefit.  More so here than in the real world too.  And I think being an alchemist would be cool!  I met an alchemist not long ago.  Kind of a weird person.  What was her name again?  Mira, uh, Mina...  Ah, Mari, that was it."  There.  Now that he had told him a bit he could let Jonathan continue the conversation.  Mari.  They had recently met and Domarus was most interested in her potion creations.  He had suggested a memory potion as well as a torture potion and she said she could make it.  They had made a deal:  He would buy her potions.  She would leave him alone.  He found her thanks to Esther, a way too innocent girl for her own good who ended up in an odd situation by getting a collar with a chain leash and was held by Mari whenever Esther was with her.  Domarus needed no leash for his own servant Keres however.  She was loyal by pure affection.  In fact she was interesting because she enjoyed beatings.  Not only that but she adored Domarus deeply.  She was his faithful servant.  He was her master.  And yet at the same time they were the only friend each other had.  Only further strengthening the bond between them.  He began to seek out anything that could be used for potions and almost thought he saw....  The same plant he had seen before?  When Esther was showing him how to search for materials he had stumbled upon something that turned out to be a very useful little thing for making poisons.  However as he reached in the bushes the false plant sprayed out a stink cloud.  He moved back like lightning holding his hand to his nose.

"Cough cough, nope!  Nothing here!"

@Morgenstern

Edited by Domarus

Jonathan listened as Domarus talked of becoming an Artisan and making trinkets. He also showed in interest in being an alchemist. Jonathan shrugged. I feel this player is okay. He has not shown any sign  of betrayal, maybe I should let him know of my strength... Jonathan opened his menu and equipped Zodiac Blade, Morning Shield, and Seraph Guardian. He felt his stats rise as the equipment appeared, the sun making him glint white and gold. I am sorry that I lied, but most Low levels don't like the fact that Higher levels help them... They would like to train with someone of their ability. Jonathan stood for a second, before pulling out his blade and pointing it at Domarus. But you, are the only confident low level I have seen in a while. I see Power and Confidence, but numbers prohibit you, so I say it is time to get Training! 

Jonathan turned away, looking ahead of him. Domarus, there are two ways to become stronger. More allies, and new equipment and you need both. The best way to do that is earn some col. Now You will kill a boar, by yourself for you to earn some col, I will stand by and watch. Demonstrate Your strength.

OOC- sorry for the wait it's been busy

Domarus was recovering from the stink cloud when he heard a familiar flash of equipment being changed.  When he turned around he looked at Jonathan curiously as he had different equipment.  Evidently, Jonathan was truly going for the knight in shining armor role.  Great.  Just great.  Another do gooder.  Probably didn't care about his own personal goals at all.  Domarus was the opposite.  He helped others so that they could progress his own goals.  He wasn't an idiot, people didn't do stuff for others when they received no benefit.  He listened as Jonathan apologized to lying to Domarus and gave his pathetically weak explanation.  No way that was true.  Well, maybe for some idiots but not most.  The players he saw in the town would rather have someone take their hand the entire way through this game.  No this player was attempting to decide what kind of person Domarus was.  Obviously he had been successful in deceiving him.

"Ah so you're a lot stronger than you seemed!  I thought so with the way you held yourself.  And that look in your eye too.  It's quite alright, I'm happy someone at a higher level is helping me get on my own two feet."  Domarus listened as the player talked about getting straight to training and began to give him a lecture.  What was this?  Teacher and student?  But if it was a way to gain levels quickly so be it.  He heard Jonathan tell him to go kill a boar and while Jonathan's back was turned his eyes narrowed.  Did this player literally just command him to do kill something?  What did he think he was?  Even Domarus knew that when you want to appear as the good guy you suggest, you advise, you ask, but you never command the weak.  Hmm.  Maybe if things got bad he could...  Nah, that wouldn't work.  Domarus nodded and pulled out Vindicem, his huge two handed black battle ax and approached a boar.

30 hp  5 mit  10 dmg

ID#  67618   BD:  10   MD:  2

Boar:  19/30 <- 6 base + 2 crit + whirlwind - 5 ->

Domarus:  60/60  -><-  4/6 energy

Domarus whistled for the boar's attention and when it turned and saw the giant ax in his hand it got a little nervous.  Perfect.  Fear.  Fear made enemies less focused, more radical.  It looked for a way out but saw no exit.  So with no other option it charged him.  Domarus began to slowly run up himself, beginning to spin the ax around in circles beside him.  As the two drew closer Domarus activated his sword art, covering the blade in a glowing black aura, and sped up his movements and finally swung the ax in an arc over his head, behind his body and led to an uppercut on the monster, striking it with such force it was knocked into the air.  The effect of whirlwind sent a shockwave right after the blow, sending the monster farther back and actually making a dent in the ground.

Edited by Domarus

OOC- God so evil you are... 

Jonathan watched as Domarus evaluated him looking at his armor. He did not seem surprised, but seemed to have guessed it long before. Jonathan smiled. There definenlty was something different about him. He seemed stronger than the rest. More confident. Problem was Jonathan had no idea what role he played. Whether It would have been the good or bad. Jonathan hoped Domarus would not use all of his traits for bad. He would eventually become one of the strongest players in the game. He watched as Domarus turned to the boar. He seemed a bit annoyed for Jonathan telling him to do so. Jonathan watched as Domarus advanced. 

As the two drew close, Domarus's blade began to glow a faint black aura. The ability of a rank one sword art. As his rank increased the aura would grow stronger. The man, struck the boar with suck force, it flew up int the air then smashed into the ground, almost brining the creature to the yellow zone. Jonathan smiled. I am impressed, your strength ten folds everyone else down here that I have seen. Well done. 

Domarus had made a successful strike against the monster and could feel some of his frustrations leave from the move.  He always channeled his emotions into his beatings or his combat.  That was partially how he could be cruel or vicious in combat.  Domarus heard Jonathan begin talking to him and turned around to listen.  Oh so he's praising him?  Couldn't he have saved that for afterwards?  Praise came after the deed was accomplished.  Not during.  Besides he needed to focus on the-  Domarus let out a grunt as he was moved back a bit from the force of the blow the boar gave him.  Domarus looked down and with a mighty growl kicked the boar ten feet away.  He flexed his shoulders and gripped his weapon tightly, allowing the black ax to emanate it's dark red glow.

"How about we save the compliments for afterwards?  I've got a job to finish."  Domarus turned back to the boar, his eyes daring the boar on.  His following words held the same.

"COME ON!  TRY THAT AGAIN!"  The boar was hesitant as the player seemed to have gotten pissed.  However it had developed a maneuver or two fighting other players and was certain it could last him.  It charged with an almighty roar at Domarus.  Domarus didn't move but let his eyes remain shut as he let the ax blade fall to the ground, using it as support.  He was building up his emotion and strength for when the time was right.  The monster tried to strike him but when he heard the boar's footsteps loud enough he spun the ax at it and the boar squealed with surprise and evaded it just in time.  Any time the monster seemed to about to get the jump on him, attacking from each side, Domarus swung the ax in it's direction, using sound and vibrations to identify it's location.

ID#  67700   BD:  1   MD:  7

Domarus:  50/60  -><-  2/6 energy

Boar:  19/30

Edited by Domarus

Jonathan watched as Domarus turned his attention to Jonathan and was hit by the charging boar. Easily Distracted eh? Jonathan watched as the player was enraged and told him to save the compliments for later. Jonathan smiled at the venom in the voice. He yelled, and seemed to build up his emotion, stacking up his anger. He stacks up all of his anger into each blow. It is a harder hit, but anger occasionally blinds you and keeps you from fighting to your fullest. Jonathan watched each of his moves carefully. He did this because he seen potential. He had already surpassed the confidence stage. Now they were in the advanced. Jonathan yanked his sword out of its sheath and compared it to Domarus's axe. Both seemed of great quality and sharpness. His was a two handed weapon, giving him damage leverage. His weapon mostly does not seem to have bleed, but he would do more damage then I.

Edited by Morgenstern

OOC- luck isn't on my side tonight

Domarus could practically feel the boar as it tried to hit him head on.  He opened his eyes and swung the blade at the boar but it was noticing a pattern and had jumped over the ax blade.  The boar managed to see a split second of shock, glee filling it's face, before it found itself in Domarus' hand.  Seeing the action he reacted swiftly by letting his left hand go of the ax, which buried into the soft grass, and held it out to grab the boar's face as it flew through the air, bending his arm a bit so as to cushion the effect.  There was a moment of stillness and quiet and the boar looked around for a moment, helplessness filling it's being.  It seemed to whimper and look at Domarus asking, pleading for mercy.  Domarus simply grinned wickedly as his eyes showed the boar that it would receive no such thing.  With one strong movement he shoved the boar halfway across the battlefield, drawing attention of other boar.  They didn't enter the fight, but rather wanted to see this new player in action.  Domarus pulled the black ax from it's stand and walked over leisurely, the black blade pulsing with a dark red aura that it had been crafted with.  He would not be made a fool.  Especially in front of other players.  He would not back down, not now not ever.  He would conquer.  He would destroy.  And he would rise to the top with such power that only an idiot would oppose him.  And he was about to show this boar and it's friends exactly what that meant for them.

ID#  67763  BD:  1  MD:  3

Edited by Domarus

Jonathan watched as Domarus struck again but the boar dodged. In reaction, Domarus grabbed it and chucked it across the battle field. Jonathan examined closely, seeing Domarus's eyes full of determination and anger. Something is wrong with his sense of violence. He seems like... He has done it before. In fact quite often... Jonathan watched as the male retrieved his weapon, a black aura emitting from it. People's sword art aura are a reflection of who they are. This man's aura is a resemblance of darkness. Question is, why doeshe not seem all that bad. Is he perhaps hiding something from me? Jonathan let that sink in and his face tensed. What if there would be a player killer of tommorow. He was helping him slaughter players.  Jonathan's face returned to ease and he sat in the grass. He has not done anything, why should I deal with it now? Leave it alone for now. He might be able to change his way. 

Edited by Morgenstern

OOC- His sword art aura is black, the red glow pulses from the blade itself, as that's how it was crafted

As Domarus walked over the boar sized him up.  Realizing that he wasn't as dangerous as it first thought as he was a low level.  If Domarus had been wearing armor then it might have been worried but if it managed to hit him enough times then it wouldn't matter what Domarus did.  The boar would win in the end.  Knowing this it decided to use a new tactic entirely.  The boar charged Domarus and his brow furrowed as he saw this new approach.  His leisurely walk became more cautious and tense, but his ax rested in his fingers rather loosely so that he could make quick movement in an instant.  As the ground closed Domarus began to run at the mob but it showed no fear and he figured out it's intention at the last minute.  However he wasn't worried.  He had enough health to make one risk in this fight.  The monster leaped at him and slashed it's tusks at his torso and he watched his health go down, two extra points due to a critical hit, and slashed his weapon with a black aura mixed with his blade's red one, using the last of his energy to bring it's health down a good amount.  Without the next set of gear he doubted he'd be able to take on any monster by himself.  And thus he was forced to rely on other players...  For now that is.

ID#  67841  BD:  7  MD:  10

Domarus:  38/60  -><-  0/6 energy

Boar: 12/30  <6 base - whirlwind - -5>

Edited by Domarus

Jonathan watched as Domarus casually walked up to the charging boar. What is he doing? Jonathan smiled as he seen it was part of the plan, allowing the boar to make a direct hit with him. He would then use the boars forward momentum to make it inevitablly be hit.  Jonathan used it himself as a tank. Espically due to the fact that he had thorns. The boar fell into the yellow zone, but Jonathan could far see the man was out of energy. Which would not be good. Perhaps even dangerous Jonathan waited. He would see what the man would do without energy, then if needed step in to fight. Domarus seemed to fight well and could probably do this on his own. Jonathan watched Domarus's actions. He held himself well. Much better than anyone. Hopefully the man would use his passion for the better. To help others rise up and become as strong and confident as himself. . 

Edited by Morgenstern

With the boar's health past the halfway section the monster became very vicious and hateful at Doomarus.  The creature attempted to charge recklessly at him and Domarus saw the flaw in this tactic.  He sighed as this was growing tiring.  This pathetic creature wouldn't give up and it was growing stupider by the second.  Domarus dodged the boar effortlessly, striking it on it's rear with the butt of his weapon, aggravating it further and blinding it even more.  With each pass he amplified it's anger and rage more and more, clouding it's mind until it was as blind as he wanted it to be.  When that happened it's charge was completely pointless.  As it ran it's legs were unbalanced and the monster teetered this way and that, zig zagging and tilting to the sides, trying to gain more speed than it was physically capable of.  Domarus knew that when someone or something was too anger to focus they could assume they were capable of too much.  Domarus adjusted his ax and when the monster made it's next charge he simply swung it at the monster's feet, cutting them and forcing the monster to trip.  Everything fell into place precisely as he planned.  The monster tripped and rolled directly into a large oak tree, where after colliding into it with all the built up force and power it was prepping to that point, a branch broke off and fell on the now dazed boar.  Domarus tsked and began to walk over to it, his weapon dragging behind him to show just how boring this was becoming.

ID#  67874  BD:  6  MD:  4

Domarus:  38/60  <>  0/6

Boar:  11/12

OOC- is there a way to naturally regain energy in combat?

Edited by Domarus

Jonathan watched as Domarus appeared to grow tired of fighting the boar. He was merely dodging the enemy and seeming to effortlessly move on. he attacked again striking the boars rear end, which seemed to just anger the boar. He walked over to the weakened boar. His axe was drug behind him, allowing Jonathan to see it. It seemed to be the use of someone with great strength, and it seemed to burst energy.   Jonathan sighed. He was as well. Jonathan stood and looked at the two battling figures. You won't get loot for it, but would you like for me to finish it. I promise it will be rather swift. Jonathan held forward his weapon examining it. He charged it, and it began to gleam with a bright golden aura. Jonathan thrust forward with the curved blade and it caused the grass underneath him to rustle. Jonathan knew of a higher leveled place where they could most likely get loot with Jonathan in battle. 

Edited by Morgenstern