SP - F3 A Poor Chisel For A Peaceful Tomorrow <<Treant Rivalries>>

It was yet another quiet day on the third floor as the town of Delilah Village remained as peaceful as ever. NPCs and players alike passed back and forth through the gates, either performing their usual daily tasks or taking on some new challenge they had decided to undergo. This was the setting that Calrex had teleported himself into, knowing that the quest he had heard about was happening in the background of this setting.

A war, between the Treants and the Elves, was brewing in the forest not far from Delilah Village. It was here he had found the Hoya of Minos many months ago, but it appeared the the location that quest had taken place in was not also the spot for this new duo of quests. Of course, this was one that he already knew would have no permanent effect on the way things were on the third floor already, but maybe in some way gave background. He had already expected that each quest would likely require aiding either side, as picking the preferred side was something almost instinctual in human nature. It was why there were teams in many video games.

"Yeah, however there is a difference between reality and a game. In war, it doesn't matter who thinks they're right. In the end, everyone loses. Heh, I guess maybe if this came out when I was lower level I might have been more pumped for it, but with everything that's happened I just might be starting to get tired of these things..."

Making his way out of the gates of Delilah Village Calrex glances at the various players that made their way in and out of the gates. Of course, their gear indicated they were certainly of lower level than he was, and given that he was still known as the highest level player in Aincrad, that thought was only more confirmed, "There's still a difference between highest level and strongest, because that term is still a bit too broad of a subject."

Looking upwards he saw Roc materialize above, beginning to soar ahead of him as the two made their way in the direction of the quest start area. It was further away from the Minos quest area, in a different forest section separate from the minotaur's labyrinth. It was in that area where the Treants and Elves were waging war for territory, and the place where he would have to decide to assist either side. He had looked at the background of each, and neither seemed to be of particular draw to him.

"Wonder how things are going with the others. I haven't seen anyone take up anything new, so I can only guess things are generally the same."

"Well, save Teayre's announcement before the floor raid meeting. She gave up the Muramasa and took up the Curved Sword. I wonder where she was going with this. She said she was going to explain later on..."

Cutting off his thought the bluenette gave a small laugh to himself, "Yeah...and how many times has she thrown you that one? You've been married for nearly a year, so you should already know that could mean a few days to a month."

There were more than a couple of times Teayre had taken a leave away for personal reasons, ones that he understood because of the events surrounding them. However, the feeling of concern, as well as the empty feelings of loneliness were not diminished as a result. He merely had distracted himself by throwing himself into training. In any case, he snapped himself back to the task at hand, letting those past feeling subside as he crossed the grassy plains.

As Calrex continued forward the fields eventually began to run parallel to the area he would need to enter, the forest of the Elven-Treant conflict and the starting point of the new quest. Of course, he was only going off of the information the info broker had given him, so since not many people had understaken the quest just yet, there was yet to be a significant amount of information to be working off of. By unspoken word, his broker had set up a deal with him to cut out the price for the info in exchange for him gathering what info he can. The bluenette guessed that his reputation did have its perks, as having the highest level meant the most HP and survivability, meaning that he could enter most situations and come back alive. Even the latest quest <<Snake Out of Water>> was something not too difficult for him to endure. As a result, the broker exclusively provided him with free info, while he undertook the quests and brought back information that the broker could resell.

"Still don't know how much he's making off of that. Some of these creatures I'm able to take down faster than they can trigger their effects, without even wielding a high damage weapon."

He gave a small laugh to himself as he looked at the forest, walking alongside it. There was certainly sounds of combat, of singing steel and splintering wood. In many fantasy fictions, elves would have been masters of blacksmithing weapons, so it would only make sense they would be doing the same here. On the other hand, Treant were humanoid creatures that are trees themselves, meaning they were made of wood. Certainly a sturdy material, and having a massive tree branch swiped at you would cause even the best swordsman to hesitate. Of course, player characters were an exception, as they were not dictated by an AI system, and had the ability to become stronger and stronger over time. If NPCs were sentient beings, they might have thought of player character as a separate race all their own.

"Well, I might be thinking things a bit too far. I mean, in the end these things are still a bunch of 0s and 1s, with predictable scripted actions."

"I guess here would be a good spot to head inside."

The portion of the forest Calrex had arrived at seemed to be away from most of the sounds of combat, meaning that whatever clashes were happening inside were certainly focused on a particular area, like a battlefield between two separate camps. "Let's see..."

Crossing his arms the bluenette began to contemplate the process of the quest initiation. From what his broker had stated, the two quests were initiated and determined by which camp the player enters into. So if he were to enter the elven camp, he would trigger the quest that required him to attack the Treants. If he entered the Treant camp, the opposite would engage. In addition, once you undertook and completed one of the quests, the second would be locked out and inaccessible. "So I guess I might want to approach this carefully, because one quest may have different rewards than the other."

Right after speaking he gave a small laugh, "Nah, I think it'll be alright."

Stepping into the forest his avatar vanished into the treeline, with Roc following inside not long after. It appeared that the sun was beginning to set as well, coloring the fields a vibrant yellow hue. But even the strong light of the sun wasn't enough to pierce through the trees, which continued to have its dark desaturated tone.

Calrex could hear his own footsteps as his boots crunched on the grassy floor of the forested area. Inside light merely shone through in a soft hue, dissipating as it got closer to the ground. It was difficult to tell the time of day where he was, because the sun was barely able to pierce through, and what light that did didn't get very far. The lightning condition would make it easy to set up ambushes and other surprises. Giving a calming breath the bluenette reached back, gently wrapping his hand around the Grand Blade II. With a slight tug the blade lock released, allowing for a quick and easy draw out of the sheath. "Well I would be coming across one of the camps fairly soon. The only question is which one I'll be ending up on."

He began to let his mind wander off, his thoughts beginning to try and break down what possibilities and aspects he would need to take into account with the two races he might be up against. The first were the elves, which were human-sized, agile, and tended to be an organized folk. In many fantasy backgrounds, the elven were graceful, but also commanded strong military might. In certain stories where mankind existed at the same time, the difference would be in quantity over quality, with mankind commanding large forces while the elven had specialized groups of smaller numbers.

The second were the Treants, which were a special race that were basically animated trees. They were protectors of forests, and what they lacked in skill and grace they more than made up for in brute strength. In some ways they were the berserker tanks in their stories, clearing out mass forces of enemies with a single swing, while being able to absorb a lot of damage before falling.

"However...the main difference between them is their size. If the elves were close, they would have normal sized footsteps, while Treants..."

As he began to finish his thought the bluenette looked forward when he heard massive footsteps nearby, ones that would shake the ground if he got any closer, "...had roots for feet, and massive steps..."

The heavy footsteps grew closer and closer as Calrex slowly drew the Grand Blade II from its sheath, preparing himself for the chance that whatever was approaching may try to initiate combat with him. Giving a calming breath he lowered himself into a ready stance, "Just a bit...closer..."

"A human in this wood, may be someone who can help us."

"Hm?"

The slow, yet powerful voices seemed to come from ahead, as two large looming shadows began to come closer and closer. Each step shook the earth, but the Ultramarine Knight remained unphased, as he already deduced that the two creatures in front of him were Treants. It seemed from what they were saying, they were looking for assistance in their war, meaning that they were either having trouble, or they wanted and upper hand on the elves. Giving a small sigh the bluenette resheathed his sword, "So you're looking for mercenaries for your cause I'm guessing?"

"Yes, we need your help. Our kind is at war with the elven. They took our home, a glorious tree that we all lived beneath. That was something we could not tolerate. We need your help in taking our home back."

"So, your home is this tree. I'm guessing I need to help you clear out the forces there?"

"No, we will need you to go alone. The elves have made it their stronghold, with all of their best guard and even their king there. If you defeat them there, this war will be over and we can finally return home."

"That's what every warring force says..."

"Alright, I'll help you out. Just point me in the direction and I'll get the job done."

"Proceed through this thicket. Our home is in a large expanse of the floor, where our tree's branches stretch and blend into the rest of the forest. You will be able to tell, because it is the largest tree."

"...Alright? I guess I could probably figure that out."

Giving a nod Calrex turned and proceeded in the direction the Treants directed him in, "Alright, seems like a simple enough quest. Go in, clear out the occupying defenses, and report back. Seems almost like every other missions I've been on that involved a specific area. Escape, Falling of Tagas, War on the Ancients. Tch, I guess the designers had a template they had to work off of. I guess for such an imaginative and realistic game, there's still formulas they needed to follow. Maybe the only person that was allowed to be truly creative was Kayaba."

Returning the Grand Blade II to its sheath the bluenette continued pressing forward through the shadowed areas of the forest. There was yet to be any trace of the place he needed to be, and without the <<Reveal>> skill he originally had meant he would have to rely on his sight, also going on what the Treants had given him. If it was something he didn't like to rely on, but in this case since the information was scripted and AI generated, he figured it would be trustworthy, "Although it would help to at least have some kind of checkpoint marker in the field."

ID: 67581
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Loot Dice: 12 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 15 (Materials Found)
Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +2) = 5
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (18 Energy Used / 126 Remaining)

After traversing numerous parts of the forested floor in the direction, Calrex looked forward as he came to a section of the area that certainly was unique all on its own. It was a massive tree, that surprisingly caused some of the other trees to be lifted off of the ground by its roots. The home of the Treants was closer to a fortress than a hollow, "Geezes, those two really undersold it. This is certainly something that stands out, heh."

However, right as he entered into the area at the base of the tree, four elves appeared, leaping down from the roots above. As Calrex casually scanned the surroundings, he could also pick out two more elves that were up above, possibly watchers.

"What business do you have here?"

"I was told this place was the home of the Treants. I've been sent to take it back."

"A Treant mercenary? They only sent you? They must be foolish, or you are certainly an acceptable swordsman."

"Why am I even participating in this scripted conversation?"

"Nonetheless, this is our home now. We will not let you..."

Before the guard could finish his sentence the Ultramarine Knight rushed forward with a combined assault of <<Charge>> and <<Shadow Explosion>>. "I thought this was a singular attack, but I guess now after the update it's become my most powerful area of effect attack."

The Grand Blade II glowed dark purple as Roc descended down, the signifier of the accuracy boost lock appearing on Calrex as a blue falcon tattoo. The glowing sword ripped through the four elves that surrounded him with a blinding series of cuts before he finished with a double leaping down slash. Flicking his sword to the side the glow vanished in faint lights like fireflies, "Four down...I'm guessing those two up there are next?"

Loot List:
4 Materials

Calrex: 1485/1485
EN: 126/144 (-18)

Elvish Soldier: 0/65 | DMG:15 | MIT: 30 (13+5+1 DMG * 9 Art - 30 MIT = 141 DMG)
Elvish Soldier 2: 0/65 | DMG:15 | MIT: 30 (13+5+1 DMG * 9 Art - 30 MIT = 141 DMG)
Elvish Soldier 3: 0/65 | DMG:15 | MIT: 30 (13+5+1 DMG * 9 Art - 30 MIT = 141 DMG)
Elvish Soldier 4: 0/65 | DMG:15 | MIT: 30 (13+5+1 DMG * 9 Art - 30 MIT = 141 DMG)

ID: 67685
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9
Craft Dice: 10 (Battle Healing Activated)
Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 13 (No Materials Found)
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +2) = 8 (+2 Damage)
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (18 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 109 Remaining)

As Calrex kept his gaze on the two elves that were up above he gave a small sigh, putting his free hand into his jacket pocket and lowering his arms. "Better hurry this along then..."

Looking up he shrugged his shoulders, like he was waiting on the two scouts to make their move. Following their script, they leapt down, drawing their twin long daggers as they fell. It appeared they were taking advantage of their descent, flipping their weapons into icepick grips as they fell. Coming down on the bluenette they plunged their weapons downwards, managing to deal critical damage to the Ultramarine Knight. Unfortunately, their attacks were absorbed by Calrex's armor, as well as his <<Achilles>> skill, which then blasted them away with the blue aura release. At the same time his <<Battle Healing>> skill triggered, healing him up for all of the damage dealt and more.

"Sorry for you guys then..."

"Alert the commander!"

Right as one of the elven scouts yelled for assistance Calrex rushed forward, the Grand Blade II already glowing with the dark purple glow once again of his <<Shadow Explosion>> skill. Ripping through the two woodland inhabitants they were destroyed halfway through his barrage. With the two scouts eliminated, the bluenette heard an alarm be raised, signaling that his presence was detected, "Alright, guess it was about time..."

Calrex: 1485/1485 (15+2 DMG (2) - 30 MIT (2) / 2 Achilles = 2 Minimum DMG / 89 Battle Healing)
EN: 109/144 (-18+1)

Elvish Soldier 5: 0/65 | DMG:15 | MIT: 30 (13+5+1 DMG * 9 Art -30 MIT = 141 DMG + 1 Achilles)
Elvish Soldier 6: 0/65 | DMG:15 | MIT: 30 (13+5+1 DMG * 9 Art -30 MIT = 141 DMG + 1 Achilles)

ID: 67777
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Craft Dice: 7 (Battle Healing Activated)
Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 18 (Materials Found)
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +2) = 8 (+2 Damage)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 99 Remaining)

As the sirens continued to blare throughout the elven stronghold Calrex began to slowly make his way up to the upper levels of the fortress. Many of the elves there were not soldiers, and thus merely stood aside, ran away, or cowered where they were. The sight of their faces, even though they were NPCs, made Calrex give a small sigh, "Those expressions are right on the money. I can already feel the guilt from this."

Eventually he made his way out of the lower parts of the tree, making his way further up. He passed through what appeared to be something like a barracks, but it was empty. From what he could gather the background would be something like most of the guard were off fighting the Treants in other areas.

However, as he got to the staircase leading upwards he saw two slender longsword appear from above, slicing into him multiples times before knocking him away with an X-slash. Descending down the stairs was a better armored elf, one that certainly bore the appearance of a higher-ranked official.

"I'm going to guess you're the commander the alert was sounded for."

"You are correct. However, I will not mince words with an intruder, especially one that had sided with our enemy."

"Then I guess there's no point in stalling then."

Rocketing forward the bluenette triggered <<Charge>> once again, this time his sword shining with his <<Meteor Break>> attack. Unleashing the Sword Art's full force on the commander he quickly ripped through the elf's health before the NPC opponent burst into crystals. With a small sigh Calrex scanned his levels, seeing that whatever damage he had sustained was minimized and replenished once again by his <<Battle Healing>> skill.

Loot List:
1 Material

Calrex: 1485/1485 (20+2 DMG - 30 MIT / 2 Achilles = 1 Minimum DMG / 89 Battle Healing)
EN: 99/144 (-11+1)

Elvish Commander: 0/100 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 55 (13+5+1 DMG * 11 Art - 55 MIT = 154 DMG + 1 Achilles)

Ascending the staircase Calrex gave a small sigh as he saw more of the chaos around him continue. More elven were scurrying around him, all in fear of his form, and what he was capable of. It made sense, because all of those that stood in his way were eliminated immediately. Seeing a guard, someone that you put your safety in the hands of, be eliminated in such a short period of time, was a shock and something that may instill fear into you.

It was the same with these NPCs, who were doing their best to clear out of the tree as fast as they could. Elven of varying sizes, ages, and appearances were whirling around him almost like a strong breeze. Calrex gave a small sigh as he continued upwards. The floor before the top appeared to be the royal family quarters, with many large halls occupying the space. Oddly enough, the atmosphere inside was different from the earlier area, being devoid of sound or even life. Every step he took echoed through the halls as the bluenette continued.

However, as he got closer to where supposedly the throne room was, he looked to the side to see a room down another hallway, one that seemed almost as regal as the doors to the king's area, "I wonder where this leads..."

Turning away from his final destination the Ultramarine Knight walked down the hallway, each step still echoing as he continued. With a flick he resheathed the Grand Blade II into its scabbard on the back of his hip, approaching the door, "Alright then...here we go."

(1 Energy Recovered / 2 Turns Remaining to Full)

In one swift motion Calrex opened the doors to the room in front of him, half expecting a battalion or last line of defense to be lying in wait to ambush the intruder. However, as the interior of the room came into view, the only thing he saw was a bedroom, with three regally dressed elves inside: An older woman and a young man and woman. Going from their attire the bluenette could gather that they were likely the queen, prince, and princess of the elves. "I guess this must be part of the aesthetic, although I doubt whatever happens to them will change."

"Whatever you plan to do, please leave my children alone."

"Please calm down madam. I have no intention of harming you three. I was merely going to inspect this room and see what was inside."

"And not take possession of the things within? Please forgive my doubt for this."

"As I figured..."

Calrex gave a small sigh as he began to close the door, but as he did a thought came to mind. In many scenarios like this, the only information that was given to you was all from the perspective of the side you support. You never heard the other side of the story, the side of the people you were killing. "There NPCs have some fairly intelligent AI. I wonder if I can learn more from these characters if I asked them..."

"Excuse me..."

As he opened the door once again the bluenette saw all three of the royal elves move back in fear, as he had suspected. Giving a small sigh he stepped through the doorway, removing the Grand Blade II from the back of his hip, "Please, I'm not going to hurt any of you, although if you are willing to give it I would like to know more about this war between your kind and the Treants that have hired me. While I am going to do the job I've been tasked, I would like to understand more of what I've gotten myself into."

"And why should I trust your words?"

"1. Because I have disarmed myself. 2. You three are not on the required people I have been tasked to eliminate. 3. I'm not a mass murderer. All of the people that were not soldiers of guards within this stronghold I have let go. I don't believe in meaningless slaughter, as if only results in more sadness."

The elven queen remained silent for a moment before turning to her children, letting them go to a far corner before she sat down on the bed, composing herself as she began to speak, "Very well, tell me what you've been told, and I shall give you what I have experienced."

Calrex gave a small sigh before giving a nod, standing upright and preparing to speak.

(1 Energy Recovered / 1 Turns Remaining to Full)

"What I know of the task I've been given, is that this tree used to be the home of the Treants, as I'm sure you can tell from its sheer size. It was taken over by the elves, and this was what sparked the conflict from their side. I don't know how long this war between you two has been going on, but the I have been commanded to eliminate the guard here, as well as the elven king himself."

"I see...so my husband is one of the people that you have to kill. No surprise, as any battle strategy can involve eliminating the chain of command, and in a monarchical society like ours, a king is the highest point in that chain. I'm not for the act, but I can understand the military strategy."

"That is about all of the information I have been given. Am I correct in assuming that what they said about this place being their home was true?"

"Yes, this was once the home of the Treants. However, they themselves are not innocent of their own atrocities. The reason we capture this place was because the Treants themselves took over our home. We used to live deep in the forest, in a part of the wood all to ourselves, with more than enough to live off of and a waterfall at the heart of our place. I still don't know why, but suddenly we were driven out by the Treants, after which our king, my husband, declared war on them in order to take our home back."

"I see...so it's just as I had guessed. Both your kind and Treants have committed atrocities n the hopes to gain an upper hand on each other."

"No, I swear to you that we acted in retaliation. We lost our home, and lashed out as a way of having justice for what the Treants have done."

Calrex gave a small sigh as he went and picked up the Grand Blade II, a movement that had set the queen on edge for a moment before she saw him heading towards the door, "I've heard all I need to hear. Thank you for your time."

"You're going to kill my husband now, aren't you?"

"Unfortunately I have to say so. I'm bound in more ways than physical contract to this mission, and my lack of completion of it will only serve to cause more problems in the end. Rest assured though, by the time this is all over, you won't remember any of this."

"What do you mea..."

Before the queen could finish her question the bluenette closed the door behind him, giving a sigh as he walked back down the hallway to where he needed to go, "There is no justice in retaliation, only more sadness, and the perpetuation of the cycle of vengeance. I guess that is something that is just not a popular subject."

(All Energy Recovered)

ID: 67778
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Craft Dice: 10 (Battle Healing Activated)
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +2) = 7 (+1 Damage)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used Recovered / 133 Remaining)

Looking towards the staircase that led up to the throne room Calrex gave a small sigh before beginning to ascend, making his way up to the massive double doors at the top. There was still no sound of life within the halls, and when he tried to listen through the doors no voices could be heard. It was almost unsettling how devoid of elves the area was. Giving a calming breath the bluenette pushed open the doors, entering inside.

The throne room was as much as he would expect. The interior was made entirely out of the inside of the tree, with twisting roots, branches, and vines decorating the walls like archways which led to the opposite end of the room, where the throne was located. Sitting on the high seat was the very NPC Calrex needed to defeat, the king of the elves, "I know who you are. The intruder. You have come for my life haven't you?"

Beginning to make his way across the long hall the Ultramarine Knight began to respond, "You are correct. Your life is the end of my mission, although if it is the end of this war I do not know."

"No one knows when a war will end, as it is those that participate in the battles that determine it. As long as there is a will to fight, and a desire for more than what one has, there will be conflict. Nonetheless, understand I will not go without a fight."

"I would not expect any less from the king of the elves. Please take a moment to prepare yourself. I will wait until you are ready."

"I thank you for the gracious act. I have a reputation to uphold, and I do not wish to die in such a dishonorable manner in front of my family."

Glancing behind him Calrex looked to see, whether by spawning or following his entrance, the queen was also present, standing to the side. As he looked back forward he saw that the king had prepared himself, wielding a two-handed straight sword which had a curved end. It was certainly an elegant appearing weapon, fit for an NPC that was a king.

"Very well, are you ready?"

"Yes."

Rushing forward Calrex triggered <<Charge>> and <<Meteor Break>> simultaneously, the Grand Blade II exiting its sheath with a shining golden glow. At the same time the king rushed forward, his arms outstretched in a full force stab.

Both of the combatant's attacks landed, Calrex's opening charge and the king's thrust. However, Calrex's <<Achilles>> skill triggered once again, knocking the king back before the bluenette unleashed the rest of his Sword Art.

Due to his Bullrush enhancement, the king's HP bar was inflicted with the Stun effect, the man dropping to a knee, "Such power. It's no wonder the Treants wished you to work for them. I would have asked the same."

Calrex: 1485/1485 (25+1 DMG - 30 MIT / 2 Achilles = 1 Minimum DMG / 89 Battle Healing)
EN: 133/144 (-11)

Elvish King: 5/150 | DMG: 25 | MIT: 75 (13+5+1+1 DMG * 11 Art - 75 MIT = 145 DMG + 1 Achilles / Stunned Until Next Turn)

ID: 67847
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9
Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +2) = 3 (Disregarded Due to Stun)
Sword Art <<Deadly Sins>> Activated (10 Energy Used Recovered / 1 Recovered / 124 Remaining)

"My king..."

As Calrex had completed his opening attack he looked over as he saw the elven queen run over to the stunned king's side, wrapping her arms around him. Her eyes looked towards his, pleading as if to beg him to spare his life. He gave a small sigh as he began to lower himself into the stance for triggering <<Deadly Sins>>, "Please stand aside. This has to be done."

"No, I will not lose my husband."

"Please my dear, let me go. This war has been going on for long enough. At this point it doesn't matter who started the fighting, what matters now is that it ends. If my death will bring that about, then please let me die."

There was an awkward silence in the air as the queen and king spoke to each other. Tears filled the woman's eyes, knowing that the fellow NPC she had loved was about to be slain, reduced to pixels. Calrex sighed once again to release the building tightness in his throat, "They're just AIs..."

"Are you ready?"

"Please..."

"Very well."

Unleashing his attack the bluenette rapidly slashed back and forth once again, the Grand Blade II glowing with a dark purple hue until the seven strikes concluded, reducing the boss' health to zero. In an instant the elvish king was defeated as Calrex stood there, the crystals flying by him as he breathed one last sigh before turning to leave.

"So what happens now. To my people? Our king is gone, and most likely we will be driven out by the Treants. We have no home."

Looking over at the long-eared woman that was standing in front of him, as if to block his exit out of the throne room. She stood there, looking both resilient and confused at the same time. With a small shake of his head he approached her, merely placing a hand on her shoulder as he continued past, "Everything will be alright. Once I am done here, this pain will end, and all that I have done here will be as if I had never come. Take solace in that before you are reset..."

The queen looked confused as the Ultramarine Knight exited the throne room, beginning to make his way back down the flights of the fortress. As he did he could already sense everything behind him beginning to reset, the queen probably now returned back to her original starting position. Descending down the staircases of the massive tree he could hear the sounds of chaos beginning to subside, the inhabitants spawning back. Upon exiting out of the quest area, Calrex gave a small glance back, seeing that all he had done was removed, the massive tree now returned back to its previously elven occupied state, "Just as I thought..."

EN: 124/144 (-11)

Elvish King: 0/150 | DMG: 25 | MIT: 75 (13 DMG * 7 Art - 75 MIT = 16 DMG)

Turning back towards where he had come from Calrex gave a small sigh as he exited out of the quest area for the Treant side of the conflict. The quiet sounds of civilization were still behind him, of all the elven NPCs within the Treant fortress moving back and forth, following some scripted pattern. "I guess in the end, as real as people think this world is, it is still just a simulation. Heh, called it."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets he began to make his way through the wood once again, weaving around the trees that darkened the ambient light of his surroundings. Continuing to walk forward Calrex looked up as he saw Roc still hovering above, performing his duty as lookout, "Hey Roc, I know you're just a bunch of script just like any other NPC, but in the end I do appreciate your company. It may just be enough to keep me sane, heh."

The peregrine falcon gave a nod before soaring ahead, with the bluenette giving a smirk, "Now I've just gotta get back and clear my mission, right?"

However, as he continued further, he began to slow down, before fully turning around, looking back at the direction of the fortress. Closing his eyes he took a deep breath, as if to resolve himself before proceeding back towards the massive tree area, "Since I'm here I might as well see if I can see the other side of the argument..."

(1 Energy Recovered / 2 Turns Remaining to Full)

It wasn't a long trip back to the fortress as Calrex gave a small sigh, stepping through the threshold so that the massive trunk was once again in view, "Well, one way to find out."

Stepping forward he saw four of the six elven scouts come forward once again, their weapons already prepared to deal with an incoming threat. This time around the bluenette raised his arms to the side, his head also partially tilted upwards to show he meant no harm.

"State your business."

"I mean no harm, first of all. Merely asking for some simple directions."

"Where is it exactly you're looking to go?"

"The waterfall haven that you used to call home."

After Calrex uttered those words the scouts seemed to fall silent as the two in the back lowered their weapons. Only one kept his blades trained on the blunette as he spoke again, "What do you intend to do?"

"Well, I don't intent to secure the Treant's hold on it. I'm merely going to shake things up."

The last of the weapons were lowered from Calrex as the elves took a step back, "Proceed past us and continue onwards. It will be very obvious where our haven is."

"Thank you."

As the elves stepped aside the bluenette gave a nod as he made his way around to the opposite side of the fortress before exiting out once again into a different part of the woodland area, returning his hands back to his pockets, "So further this way and we'll end up at the former elven haven."

(1 Energy Recovered / 1 Turns Remaining to Full)

"So if I continue down this way, I should reach the former elven haven. Should make sense, since both areas may be points for the two sides of the quest. The homeland of the Treants for my quest, and the elven homeland for those that chose the elven side of the conflict."

As it turned out, his suspicions proved true. After moving through another collection of trees the path opened up into what appeared to be a large area of the forest and seemed unlike the others. While the Treant home was unique in its own, the very makeup of it allowed the massive tree to blend into the environment until one got closer. For the elves, it was like they crafted their own home out of the wood, but made it appear more civilized, manmade in construction. It was almost like someone had taken a waterfall side town and placed a woodland texture on it, carefully using mapping elements to make things seem more natural. Truly a beautiful sight, and one that would only be possibly within a game.

However, as the information he was given stated, the elves were no longer in residence there. In fact, the Treants weren't even able to make use of the various parts of the place because of their massive size. It was more of a hostage city, with the treefolk standing at the border in order to maintain their hold on it.

"Well, looks like the info was right. Guess I'd better get started..."

(All Energy Recovered)

ID: 68103
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 11
Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +2) = 2
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (18 Energy Used / 126 Remaining)

As Calrex approached the Treants that were standing guard in front of the former elven citadel stepped forward, one of them extending its massive tree branch of a hand forward, "State your business here. You are an ally of our, are you not?"

"Ally would be putting it strongly. I'm merely a hired sword for your side of this conflict. My personal alliance is to neither side."

"Never the less, this place has been put under guard, so even if you wish to pass through, we cannot allow you to do so, as you are not an ally, as you have so stated."

"Very well, and what if I had not stated myself as so, and came forward as sympathetic to your cause?"

"Then likely we would have let you through."

"So fickle..."

Blasting forward the bluenette ripped the Grand Blade II from its sheath, the striking part of the weapon already glowing with the dark purple hue of the <<Shadow Explosion>> Sword Art. Triggering <<Charge>> at the same time his attack was at maximum power. With each strike a high critical was inflicted, and with the final strike four of the Treant guards were eliminated.

The remaining two staggered back in surprise before they collected themselves, "Hired blade or not, such an act is one of a double-crosser!"

With a small sigh Calrex looked over to face them, "If that is the case, then what shall you do?"

EN: 126/144 (-18)

Treant Soldier: 0/65 | DMG:15 | MIT: 30 (13+5+1+2 DMG * 9 Art - 30 MIT = 159 DMG)
Treant Soldier 2: 0/65 | DMG:15 | MIT: 30 (13+5+1+2 DMG * 9 Art - 30 MIT = 159 DMG)
Treant Soldier 3: 0/65 | DMG:15 | MIT: 30 (13+5+1+2 DMG * 9 Art - 30 MIT = 159 DMG)
Treant Soldier 4: 0/65 | DMG:15 | MIT: 30 (13+5+1+2 DMG * 9 Art - 30 MIT = 159 DMG)

ID: 68182
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4
Craft Dice: 12 (Battle Healing Activated)
Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +2) = 6
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 127 Remaining)

As Calrex's query the two remaining Treant soldiers hesitated as they looked at each other for a moment, then slowly parted to each side, as if to let the bluenette through. Although he was cautious about the fact they had relinquished their animosity so quickly, the act of defeating four members at the same strength in a single attack may have caused their script to rethink.

With a small sigh he proceeded past, but didn't get very far when he felt two strikes against his back. With a small sigh he shook his head, either out of disappointment with himself or otherwise. The two guards were merely waiting for him to turn his back before striking, probably suspecting that he was closer to a glass cannon from his opening attack. But they were sorely wrong.

Not only did <<Achilles>> trigger and rip through a point of their health, the Ultramarine Knight's <<Battle Healing>> skill activated and healed up the minimal amount of damage he had sustained.

Calmly turning around he pointed the Grand Blade II at the two, "Big mistake..."

Calrex: 1485/1485 (15(2) DMG - 30(2) MIT / 2 Achilles = 1 Minimum DMG / 89 Battle Healing)
EN: 127/144 (+1)

Treant Soldier 5: 64/65 | DMG:15 | MIT: 30 (1 Achilles DMG)
Treant Soldier 6: 64/65 | DMG:15 | MIT: 30 (1 Achilles DMG)