SP - F3 A Poor Chisel For A Peaceful Tomorrow <<Treant Rivalries>>

ID: 68186
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 4 (+2 Damage)
Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 7
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +2) = 8 (+2 Damage)
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (18 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 110 Remaining)

Blasting forward once again Calrex triggered <<Charge>> as the Grand Blade II glowed with the dark purple hue of <<Shadow Explosion>>, targeting both of the Treants, "Fall."

"I will scratch you before I fall!"

As the bluenette came into striking range the two creatures both sent their arms forward as if they were open-palmed, both managing to slam into the player as if to pin him between. However, it was only a short second before their arms were riddled with slashes, then fell apart into crystals. Leaping upwards with his final strike Calrex spun in a full 360, cleaving both of the Treants in half before landing on the ground once again.

It appeared that they did succeed to tick off two points of his damage before the sentries fell, and as they did an alarm was triggered once again, the signal that an intruder had appeared. From what the bluenette could tell, it was likely this was part of the elven side of the quests, taking back their haven.

"Guess this means I've got a commander to take care of next..."

Calrex: 1483/1485 (15+2(2) DMG - 30(2) MIT / 2 Achilles = 2 Minimum DMG)
EN: 110/144 (-18+1)

Treant Soldier 5: 0/65 | DMG:15 | MIT: 30 (13+5+1+2 DMG * 9 Art - 30 MIT = 159 DMG / 1 Achilles)
Treant Soldier 6: 0/65 | DMG:15 | MIT: 30 (13+5+1+2 DMG * 9 Art - 30 MIT = 159 DMG / 1 Achilles)

ID: 68187
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Disguise +1) = 6
Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 23
Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +2 / Disguise +1) = 1
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 100 Remaining)

With the alarm raised Calrex gave a small sigh as he steeled his senses once again, walking through the entryway into the haven of the elves. To his surprise, there were some younger Treants, saplings, that were around the area, all of which seemed to be avoiding the bluenette, just like the elves in the Treant fortress were when he had entered. It was to be expected, since he had pretty much appeared out of the blue and had already wiped out their front guard. While this quest was new, it was still on a lower floor, meaning that his already overleveled self was able to navigate it fairly easily.

A widespread panic had yet to take place, but it had appeared that he had gained the ire of the guard as he exited out into a courtyard. Dropping down from above was a massive Treant, one that was at least one and a half times larger than the ones he had previously slain. The commander's ashen color made it almost like a petrified tree, which was extremely strong to his knowledge. Nonetheless, the NPC was an obstacle for him to cross.

"Halt! You will not pass any further!"

"Then stop me."

Goaded by Calrex's words the commander barreled forward, but as he did sudden the human-sized player had grown to matching proportions, becoming a Treant himself in an instant. The commander hesitated as he slid to a stop, but this was a mistake.

The massive duplicate was the result of Calrex's <<Disguise>> skill as the bluenette weaved behind, the Grand Blade II shining with his <<Meteor Break>> attack. Rushing forward with <<Charge>> from the monster's side he unleashed the Sword Art, ripping through the commander's health in a single barrage as the tree man burst into crystals.

It was at this point the entire area went into a panic as he saw all of the smaller Treants begin to evacuate the area. Flicking his wrist to knock some crystals off of his sword Calrex looked back forward before proceeding.

Loot List:
1 Material

Calrex: 1483/1485 (15+2(2) DMG - 30(2) MIT / 2 Achilles = 2 Minimum DMG)
EN: 100/144 (-11+1)

Treant Commander: 0/100 | DMG: 20  | MIT: 55 (13+5+1 DMG * 11 Art - 30 MIT = 143 DMG)

With the commander defeated and the panic now ensuing Calred remained still for a few moments as he gave a long exhale to steady his senses. Young Treants scattered around some, some appearing from places that he did not initially see. They had either blended into the environment, or spawned to set the scenario. In some ways, it was an interesting take on the relationship between players and NPCs. They were not real humans, although they had very sophisticated AI patterns that made then appear real. But what they did not have was the ability to grow in strength as an individual. Only if you were programmed to be of a higher level was it so. So to the supposed "civilians" of this encounter, players would be equivalent to unstoppable killing machines, sent by their enemy to cause havoc.

"Maybe in some ways that's how the lower levels view high level player-killers, as terrorist-level threats that would see to the destruction of society. Thus they stay safe, kept away from the dangers within the high walls of the Starting City. But that is a false peace, a false sense of security, because it keeps us from being free of this nightmare..."

Flicking his wrist he flipped the Grand Blade II into a reverse grip before sliding it back into the sheath, just far enough to let gravity keep it in place, but not enough to engage the blade lock. Looking forward he saw that the passageways led further inward, and he still heard sounds of life from further within. The voice that came were of a larger and deeper tone, so it would only make sense that there must be a final NPC to kill, just like he had to kill the <<Elvish King>> in the Treant part of the quest.

"Guess I'd better get moving."

(1 Energy Recovered / 2 Turns Remaining to Full / HP Recovered)

Passing through another section of the elven haven Calrex's eyes continued to calmly scan across the areas he walked, occasionally doing a 360 spin to make sure nothing was going at him from behind. However, as it was with the Treant home, most of the NPCs that were surrounding him refrained from attacking, as they did not have the scripted AI to engage in combat. In fact, he had noticed something that was possibly present in all cases of this: These NPCs had yellow cursors rather than a spectrum of red, like all of the other creatures he had faced. They were incapable of attacking him.

"The things you pick up on by doing things enough. Usually I would have died many times over before figuring these things out..."

As he exited out of another walkway the bluenette looked around. He had been descending slowly for some time as he made his way through the various sections of the haven, but it seemed that the way he had taken led him to the central waterfall, a point of interest. Standing at the base of the waterfall was a massive Treant, one that was larger than even the commander. At the same time, the wooden facial features of the creature appeared worn, wizened. However, this time it seemed the bluenette had either missed the area where the queen and children were hiding, they didn't spawn in, or the Treants didn't have such a thing.

"I guess there's no need for words then."

"Oh? So you must be the intruder then..."

The Treant king turned to face Calrex, each step causing the earth to shake. As the humanoid creature came closer his size was accentuated, the creature's towering form dwarfing the bluenette's own. With a small sigh the bluenette gave a nod, "Yes, I am."

"Are you a sympathizer to our sworn enemy then?"

"I'm a sympathizer to no one."

(1 Energy Recovered / 1 Turns Remaining to Full)

ID: 68217
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +2) = 2
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 92 Remaining)

"If you are not with us, then you are against us. Understand that as a king I must rule with a strong hand, and wish-washy alliances are something I cannot allow."

"I understand that much. However..."

The massive tree man brought its arm back, shooting it forward as the massive trunk of an arm shot forward, aiming to smash into Calrex. But the speed of the bluenette easily evaded the slow strike, "That's problem with size, no maneuverability. It's got impact, but in the end that may be about it. A lackluster way of getting through things."

"...a king that goes so far as to uproot an entire group is not one I consider a king."

Unleashing <<Meteor Break>> the Grand Blade II flew from its sheath, shining golden as the Ultramarine Knight unleashed his Sword Art, combining it with <<Charge>> to enhance its power and also activate his skill mod. As the attack ripped through layer after layer of the NPC's armored torso he finished with a final helm strike, inflicting the Stun state as Calrex took a step back. "A king that lusts for more than he has, to take what belongs to others, and demand obedience at the same time is nothing more than a dictator."

Calrex: 1485/1485
EN: 92/144 (-11+1)

Treant King: 16/150 | DMG: 25 | MIT: 75 (13+5+1 DMG * 11 Art - 75 MIT = 134 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

ID: 68218
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3) = 5
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +2) = 8 (Disregarded Due to Stun)
No Action Taken (1 Recovered / 93 Remaining)

With Calrex's opening strike completed the bluenette gave a small sigh as he looked at the Treant King, whom was kneeling as the result of his skill mod. However, it seemed that this didn't cause either side to falter, as the massive tree creature loomed over the smaller player, its hollowed eyes looking at him.

"A massive amount of power in such a small person..."

"Someone else said something similar, the elven king, although he didn't refer to me as small."

"I'm surprised my soldiers did not contract you to our side."

With a small head shake Calrex disagreed, "Actually, your men did in fact hire me to attack the elven stronghold, that was taken up by the elven people. It seems that both of your sides ended up conquering each others homes."

"Then why would you come here?"

"I tend to think of myself at times as an overachiever. I did in fact take back your kind's home, but before I slayed the king, I found out exactly what happened. Both of your sides were displaced, so you took over each other's homes, which apparently sparked this war. So, this entire conflict was started both your sides wanting more than you had, your greed brought sadness and anger. However, I will not waste more words on you. You won't remember in the end anyway."

EN: 93/144

Treant King: 16/150 | DMG: 25 | MIT: 75 (Stun End)

ID: 68219
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7
Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 22 (Materials Found)
Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +2) = 0
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 83 Remaining)

"What do you mean by that?"

"It wouldn't matter if I told you."

Rushing forward once again Calrex unleashed <<Meteor Break>> once again, rapidly cutting through the Treant King before the massive creature vanished in a burst of crystals. With that the alert seemed to fade into the background noise of the rushing waterfall. The bluenette gave a small sigh, recognizing the end of the supposed opposite side of the quest.

Flicking his wrist to reposition the Grand Blade II in his hand he slid it back home into the scabbard, pushing the end to secure it in by engaging the blade lock. Turning around he looked back at his exit, glancing upwards. Roc appeared to recognize that there were no enemies left, the falcon tattoo on Calrex's cheek vanishing in an instant.

"Alright Roc, we're done here. Let's get heading back."

Loot List:
1 Material

EN: 83/144

Treant King: 0/150 | DMG: 25 | MIT: 75 (13+1 DMG * 11 Art - 75 MIT = 79)

The trek back to the start of the quest felt much shorter than either trip for getting to the Treant home or the elven haven. Each step seemed to echo in Calrex's mind as he listened to the crunching grass beneath his feet. With a small sigh he returned his hands to his jacket pockets, tilting his head downwards for a moment before looking ahead once again, "I guess technically speaking I completed both sides of the quest, but I will only receive credit for the side I signed up for. Oh well."

"Oh, the sellsword returns."

"So? Did you complete our request?"

"Yeah, your home is freed. You can go back to it now."

"Good, then here is your payment for helping us."

As the quest completion window appeared in front of him Calrex gave a nod, pressing the accept button before giving a nod, turning right so that he could exit the forest, back out into the fields of the third floor, "Another new quest down. Guess now that I know the story behind this one, I might as well give that info to the broker as well. Not sure it's gonna help any but might as well."

Heading for the settlement the bluenette swiped on his menu, "Well, now what to do next?"

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • 1 Page Complete (400 col)
  • Quest Complete:
    • 2 SP
    • 750 Col
    • Woodland Armor (3 charges)