[PP-F11] Strength, Wisdom and Courage <Itzal and Mossino>

Alisa had agreed to undergo training with Ulises since he was most qualified to train her in this area, as well as the unspoken truth that he was going to die soon.  Neither Alisa nor Felix knew and he intended to keep it that way until he was gone.  Ulises wanted to get all three training sessions out of the way in one day.  Thus they arrived at the eleventh floor in the Italian city.  Here Ulises would find out the core reason Alisa became angry, teach her the real definition of emotions, teach her to channel and control them, teach her how to fight with them, and then he would switch with Felix so that he could start her advanced parkour training.  That would begin with curing Alisa of her fear of heights and once that was over he could teach her the advanced tricks and tips.  For now though they needed to get headway on the first lesson.  Ulises led Alisa to an empty courtyard with no guards or npcs of any sort.  He turned around to her, the hood and mouthpiece up as he didn't want her to see Felix' face in such a dark mood.  And why would it not be?  He was going to die and he was finishing up his part of the training as quickly as he could.  He didn't have the time he wanted to meet her.  However it wasn't so bad.  All that would happen is his artificial intelligence would be lost.  In the end all he was was Felix' emotions.

"Right, let's jump on this.  First step is to figure out the core and true reason you get angry."

@Mossino

Alisa had followed Ulises all the way from the fourth floor forest to the eleventh floor, a place she had never been. She had not, at all, travelled past the fourth floor, since she had no real reason to go. But, Ulises took her here for some odd reason. Less people to interrupt, or maybe it held some form of hidden meaning for Ulises. Whichever it was, it honestly didn't matter to her.

Ulises had posed an interesting question. The core of her anger. Yet, wasn't anger a standard human emotion? She was angry that she was getting beat up? Was that honestly a crime? That is why she thought the fight between Kasier and Itzal was unneeded and avoidable.

So, she had no real answer for Ulises, just a shrug and a sigh. "I do not really know..I get angry when I mess up in combat, when my life is in danger...that is about all that has made me mad so far...and all I really know."

Ulises sighed as he heard Alisa's response.  Thought so he muttered in his mind.  Felix didn't respond of course as he was deep within thinking about Kasier.  Ulises recalled how Alisa was still naive in many aspects, and most likely didn't truly understand emotions like he and Felix did.  He sighed as he prepared to give his lecture.  He gestured for Alisa to sit on a bench and remained standing, placing his fist on his right hip as he did so.

"It seems we aren't going to get anywhere until I explain emotions on a deeper level.  First of all know this:  There is no such thing as a bad emotion.  All are important, all are needed, and all are good.  However every coin has two sides.  We'll only talk about the basic emotions for now but even those are a bit deep.  First we'll start with the most voiced emotion:  Love.  True love is when you care for someone so deeply you are willing to sacrifice yourself for their sake.  The opposite of Love is Lust.  Lust is where you desire only the object, or body rather than the person or meaning behind it.  Love satisfies you while Lust consumes you.  Fear.  What you think fear is, is really called terror.  Fear is respecting the danger something poses and nothing more.  Terror is when your fear is so great you are terrified of it even when there's no reason to be.  And we'll end at anger as you should probably be seeing the connection by now.  Anger comes when something you love is threatened.  This is a good thing because if you had a spouse or children and you saw someone attacking them, you should get angry and use it to defend them.  Hatred is anger taken to an unnecessary or dangerous level, holding onto bitterness until you get revenge."

Alisa listened to what Ulises had to say, and it made sense. When he mentioned love he would see her blush lightly as she thought about someone. However she quickly removed it from her face, returning to seriousness. So, she didn't have real anger. She had hatred, hatred to make risky actions and disregard herself to get to goal. Yet...she still didn't see the importance of thise. The parkour training made sense, yeah, but this anger control wasn't a problem. People got angry, people had to get angry, it is a simple human emotion. What's so wrong with that? Perhaps Ulises will enlight her of this fact but...who knows.

With a light sigh, sitting down, she looked up at him. "So I have hatred, not anger because something I love is being hurt...But...isn't anger a good emotion? I mean...out there when fighting, I feel my best when angry, more alive than ever."

Ulises listened to Alisa's response and he sighed.  She wasn't getting it.  He didn't blame her as she didn't realize how dangerous it could be if her hatred got out of control around her friends.  Or if it consumed her.  He shook his head at the girl.  "Anger is fine.  It's your hatred that we need to handle.  Hatred either comes from anger, which comes from something you love, or from either something your greedy about taken away, your pride being threatened or attacked, lack of control, etc.  All these reasons that we shouldn't be angry for.  Bitterness fuels hatred.  While anger does provide strength and a focus for you, it can easily become hatred.  The main issue with hatred is that once you get it, unless you learn how to uproot it and control your anger directly, it will plant a seed in you.  A seed that grows, your wrath growing ever stronger, higher, until finally it's so great that the smallest issues set it off.  You find yourself lashing out at not only all your enemies, but your friends and allies as well.  Hatred and wrath drives a wedge between you and those close to you, and can plant the seed of distrust as well.  As you can see the greater hatred becomes, the more negative emotions begin to grow as well.   Trust me on these facts Alisa, as I am based off of Felix' emotions.  He had a lot of anger that built up in the real world, and if the cardinal system hadn't created me then he would have snapped in the real world.  If Jonathan hadn't seen the anger when he did then you might have seen it at a more powerful stage and we wouldn't be here talking.  You starting to see the danger here?"

@Mossino your not following the thread, that's how you didn't know XD

Edited by Itzal

"So, by having extreme emotions of hate towards someone, something, or really anything, I let those feelings go out of control and they slowly consume me until I am bitter or rage-filled all the time? I'm sorry I still don't see this as a big problem, maybe I am being a bit mean...A-and I'm so sorry if I am, but...I've never really seen that be a thing. Anger is bad in certain situations. But I don't see how my being hit by a boar and becoming angry was such a trigger..." she finishes her statement with a hefty sigh. She wasn't trying to be mean to Ulises or Itzal, not in the slightest, but perhaps she was just a bit ticked off for no reason, and a bit sassy. More emergent qualities of her personality apparently. Lucky Felix, perhaps Ulises will eventually get through to her on this. But for now she was a bit too stubborn.

Ulises sighed.  "Alisa, there's nothing wrong with anger as it's short lived and meant to protect what you love.  It's hatred you need to watch.  If you don't want to listen to the literal incarnation of wrath itself then so be it.  If you want me to teach you how to control your anger and hate and keep it from getting out of hand however, I'll give you a lesson before nightfall.  In either case it's time for the first step of training.  Draw your blade Alisa.  We won't enter a duel so we can't actually be harmed, but we will spar in order for you to adjust to your new blade appropriately."  Ulises opened his menu and went to his new blade.  The blade Mina had crafted them.  Ascendant's Rosario.  When he selected it the icy blue blade with a sea green gem in the hilt materialized in his hand.  The blade was broader than Retributor and much heavier but by this time Itzal's body had adjusted for the weight.  Ulises himself felt the blade for the first time and waved it around a few times.  Yes the weight was perfect.  He turned to Alisa and took a defensive stance.  "Draw your blade and show me how you think you should use it, and then I will teach you the proper way.  Give me everything you've got!"

• 2 weeks later...

Alisa frowns lightly. Improve her swords...manship? Or is it swords womanship? Honestly she didn't know, does it change like that? She chuckled lightly under her breath, her mood improving some. She stood up from her bench and nodded towards Itzal...or well Ulises. "Okay, let's fight. You are a much higher level so I believe we won't be dueling, we can just practice hits in the safe zone."

She put hut her left hand on her sheath on the left side of her body, and using her right hand pulled out her Rapier. 'Warrior's Finesse.' She held it back, ready to strike at Ulises.

"So this will help me control my uh...hatred problem? I still fail to see how this will work but, you're the boss..." She stated a bit sassily. Her mood was...rather off for her today, but perhaps it was just the current situation she was in, dealing with Ulises and other things happening in her life.

Ulises shook his head.  "I can't help you with your anger unless you let me help you.  This is to help you control yourself in battle as well as improve your skills with the rapier.  The last time I watched you fight you were slashing and blocking as if you had a mace or straight sword.  You do not.  You must learn to parry weapons, no matter how much force is applied to the strike.  Thus you will be fighting me.  Unlike Felix I don't hold back.  I will do my all to take you down and correct you on any flaws you reveal.  However since you aren't a master of the blade I think I won't use my own personal battle technique.  It hasn't been perfected yet anyways, though I'll need to finish it before I-.  You don't need to hear that.  I suppose I-"  He charged at her without warning, catching her completely by surprised, pushing the blade away from him and grabbing her cloak suddenly, bringing her close enough to see just a glint of light from his cloaked eyes.  "First lesson.  don't get distracted.  Always be watchful of everything around you.  You lose focus at all in a battle and it's all over."  Ulises leaped backward and held his defensive stance.  Now he'd wait for her to strike at him.  There was no way she would land a single strike against him at this point.  In the future perhaps, but as of right now his reflexes, strength and speed were too great for her to compete with. 

@Mossino