[F3-PP] Drowing my sword against the Drow <Worn Out Welcome> [Rin]

Laying in his bed in the inn he just kept on sleeping at, as he had the money from the continuous grinding trips he often went on, Macradon would ponder on what to do today. It wasn't always his shop that was his priority, and it surely wasn't today either. He was laying on his left side, face towards the wall as he finally woke up from the slumber. He would move over to his right side and stay at the edge of the bed, still laying down as he would think about what to do. He yawned and stretched his arms as he would swing his legs over the side of the bed and would sit up straight. Rubbing his eyes as he would take on some clothes as he would open up his menu. He mis-clicked and went for the friends menu instead. Glancing over it, he spot a name that quickly sparked a memory. Even though it wasn't her that inspired him even more, she was still connected, and he had been doing a few quests with her and Zandra before, so this wouldn't be a problem at all.

He knew what he had to do and this time took on some real clothing. He would begin to remember quests on he lower floors and hand pick those that seemed to be great for lower leveled players. Grabbing a hold of the HUD with a single downwards swipe with his hand, he would open up the friends menu again and send out a message to a certain someone he knew that wasn't that great at fighting, if she would initiate in any fights at all. This quest would be easy, even for her. He would look at the details on the bulletin board and make quick mental notes as he would write the message to his friend.

Hey Rin!

Macradon here. I just wanted to ask if you wanted to join on a bit of questing? Just the lower leveled once. I see that there are some quests even I haven't completed, so having you with me would also suffice in giving both of us a decent amount of SP.

If you're interested, find me on the third floor's warp plaza, I will be waiting.

Rin was wandering about the third floor as always, although today she hadn't bee off to her shop or dressed in her usual costume as she was still attempting to get comfortable in her leather armor and the new pink collar about her neck. It was uncomfortable, but she felt like it would have been a waste if she decided to give it up and just craft some new type of item to take it's place. A heavy sigh now perspiring upon her lower bottom lip. A shock came though when she saw a message upon her hud pop up form a companion whom she had quested with before off an on. Her eyes skimmed over the message as she now smiled. She was still far behind the other players and frankly she had no means of defeating any of the bosses in her quests and she knew that he was more than capable of completing it without her. She quickly took over the holographic keyboard as she typed out her reply.

I would love to be apart of it, I still haven't beaten that quest as you can imagine. I'll see you there in just a bit.

Rin looked over seeing how short and to the point her message was. She wished she could think of something else to add to it but she was a bit lacking today in her responses as she merely sent it off. Looking over toward her shop she began to scurry off now in the direction of the plaza.

He would smile as he read through the short, but to the point, message he was sent to make sure that they had a deal. Macradon would wander out of the inn as he would don all of his armor on him. His green and black robes were shifted out with white and read plate armor pieces, keeping his Blood Oath Pin and Necklace on him, as they would turn out to be quite the good use he had. He would begin to walk towards the first floor's warp plaza, as that was the fastest way to the top, instead of taking the long PK'er route which he sometimes did when Dom was still around. He sighed as those memories were to be locked away, he didn't want to get a breakdown, of all the people, he was not one that needed one at all. He had a lot of work and responsibility at hand, and he wouldn't let his pride be destroyed from mere flashbacks, he had already grieved of his friend.

Getting to the plaza, Macradon would stand at the middle of the circle as he would throw out a verbal command to the telecom. "Warp, Third floor" he said as light blue light emitted from the circle would engulf Macradon and slowly make him vanish from this floor and later be transported to the third floor, nearly taking an instant to teleport to. He would stand, clad in all of his armor and his sickle sword on his back as he arrived at the third floor's warp plaza, all he had to do now was to await Rin's appearance, and the two would be able to go for the quest. He would locate a small bench not far from the circle and would proceed to seat himself there as he would doff his helmet so he had a wider view, as well as Rin being able to spot the whole red and white scheme he had, even his eyes and hair.

Rin now glanced about the plaza a bit sheepish her body rocking back and forth as she began to wait for her companion to arrive, it might be harder for him to recognize her from their one real greeting was quickly brought to an end by her fleeing. That was the first time she left her house in a long time but now she was starting to adapt to the social game of conversations. She was still socially at odds with herself but at least she was out of her apartment and attempting to open up even with the most odd characters. Esther was the most recent friendship she had joined as she now looked toward the teleportation platform as a rather bright light and portal opened to release the companion whom she was going to go on an exploration with.

As she sat down she then blinked realizing she probably should get out from the crowd who were towering over her and blocking a clear line of sight to her. She now raised a hand and began to speak louder.

"H-hi Macradon I'm here!" 

She said now bouncing up above a few people as she slowly weaved through the groups that seemed to be preparing for a dungeon raid till she now finally decided it was faster going the low road. Rin now crawled forward between and around the pedestrians legs till she wound up near his feet. 

"Hi again."

Macradon would hear a familiar voice, it was the girl he was waiting for, as well as spotting her hand stretched out to give signal to Macradon. He would chuckle slightly by the sight, but would proceed to stand up and slowly begin to walk towards the general direction where the hand was last seen. Unknowing of much else than she was probably trying to fight her way through the giant mass of people, Macradon tried to make it easier for her, as he would show his privilege as a KoB commander and make people walk around him. Making the distance between him and Rin much shorter than if they had to wait for her to go through it all, Macradon could even just disperse the group, part the sea perhaps, and get to Rin directly, but that might've felt too much like a hunger for power.

He would try to look out for the girl, trying to raise himself up on his toes to see if he could spot her slowly getting through the crowd, but to his amazement, it didn't seem like she were in his vicinity of sight. He would sigh and get back down again and think of where she could've been heading for. Looking left to right, he would ponder if she could've chosen to take the long route all the way around the crowd, maybe she had an ace up her sleeve which Macradon haven't seen yet. Lots of possibilities were at his disposal, or maybe her disposal to be more correct. He would just await her arrival, but he actually didn't need to wait long before she would appear at his feet. At his feet? "At my feet???" he thought for himself as he saw the girl on all four down on the ground. "Did ... did she really just crawl through it all? Through that crowd?" he would think as he had a slightly confused look on his face.

Nonetheless, she had arrived. "Uh .. hi ..." Macradon said, trying to compute what had just happened. Of all the possibilities she had to go from point A to point B, he had not thought that she would take that route at all. Shrugging his shoulders at the sudden event, Macradon would try to direct his concentration on something else than what had just happened. "Uhm ... so. What's up, Rin? Have you been farming some EXP or something?" he would ask his friend as she would, presumably, get up on her feet again instead of staying down on all four. Macradon had memorized the quest and each step into it. They just had to brush up on their meeting before they had to go to a blacksmith on this floor. An NPC would be in the shop who would help players with a "free" piece of Uncommon equipment. All they actually had to do was to get the materials, and Macradon knew he wouldn't be able to find any monsters on this floor that would give him loot, his level was just too high.

Edited by Macradon
Doublepost

Rin now glanced back up a rather faint flush passing over her cheeks as she realized with the methods she took to slide through the crowd was rather awkward to say the least. She now laughed hesitantly as she still was knelt down in an almost cat-like posture as she began to realize that she could have just waited for the dungeoneering party was done. A few coughs and attempts to stand up would finally succeed Rin now stood there shorter than Macradon but not incredibly so as she wasn't a midget after all. 

"Hi again, wasn't really suspecting me to show up all the way form down there I guess were you. I just took into thought about the time it would take for that herd to pass and well I guess it sorta paid off barring emotional embarrassment and the lost of dignity."

Rin sighed now looking back to her feet as if paying attention to the ground to make sure no crazy person attempted pulling the same trick as her. That was a one time thin, unless they enjoyed looking up short skirts or shorts of young men or women. Those people weren't to be helped. As she stood there she now gripped her own hands tightly attempting to think of some way to further this conversation past the undesirable staring contest they had with different part of one another for her it was his shoes as she was beginning to memorize them as she was appreciative of any help he assisted to her by getting her back to her feet. 

"I don't really know I guess I have got some, none really through combat mind you."

Macradon giggle lightly by Rin's loud thoughts. Padding her slowly on her shoulder, Macradon would accept this kind of encounter, as it was unorthodox and exciting to see new ways of interacting that what seemed to be the norm. "Alright, doesn't really matter if you fight or not, you can easily strive in this world without fighting, you could be a perfect medic on the frontlines one day" he would say and begin to drag her towards a location by tugging onto her arm. He would later let go as he would assured that she didn't need someone to guide her to walk. "There's this quest where you can get a free Uncommon piece of equipment, I thought you could've needed something like that, maybe, or you could even just sell it" he said "It's not too far from the plaza, only a small alleyway from it" he would say and begin to walk towards the outer rim of the Teleport Plaza that most people were meeting at, at it was the best a biggest place to do that.

It would not take more than several minutes before they would arrive a blacksmith shop, much alike Macradon's own, but the owner was no player, he was an NPC who gave out this quest. "This is it" Macradon would say as he turned his head towards Rin "The old man in here gives out the quest, I believe you can handle that talk, aight?" he would ask her as he would open the door to the shop. A small bell would be rang as the door would slightly bump into it. An old man would be standing behind a small wooden counter with a few swords and other kinds of weapons hung up on the wall as well as being laid down on soft cloth on tables. It was a small shop, much smaller than Macradon's, but still a functional shop. "Ahhhh, welcome, adventurers" the old man would say to the two who entered. Macradon would bow his head slightly as he would gesture to himself "I'm Macradon" he would say and then begin to gesture over at Rin, hoping for her to introduce herself.

His quick chortle caused Rin to mewl embarrassed as she then jumped ever so slightly from the patting upon her shoulder. She didn't like being drawn into the spotlight even in a conversation of two and here she was being asked whether or not she would ever one day join the front lines as a possible hearing hand personnel. Her head shook, the almost rattling of her rather dislodged mind and thoughts were haywire since he asked her possible employment in the same area that got her lover dead. She wasn't capable of such tactical warfare she preferred living out the rest of her life, no matter how short it may be. A deep sigh and gurgle in the depths of her stomach. As soon as she felt herself moving though she glanced over watching her arm extend into the mans arm as he dragged her along her heels toward the quest giver.

"H-huh what are we?"

He continued to pull her along till she realized they were headed to whomever or whatever they needed to talk with for more information on the quest. She managed to finally regain her bearings and stroll behind Macradon again feeling rather ashamed of just tagging along as a talking buddy.

"Um do you do these quests all that often, I guess I sorta expected someone your level to be done with all of them least of all this one."

They finally reached the blacksmith shop and she simply would keep quiet listening as the explanation of the quest was talked out with her companion.

Macradon shook his head slightly at Rin "No, I don't really do that many quests anymore, but some like these were scouted and found when I hit the higher levels, so I have no need to do them, but if I'm helping you, it's just as great as doing them yourself" he would say with a smirk on his lips. After they had gotten into the shop, without Rin introducing herself. Macradon would sigh lightly "And this is my friend, Rin. I think she would like some like some light leather armor, if possible?" Macradon would introduce and ask. The old man would grumble, somewhat like a giggling chuckle "Aaaahhh, yes" the old man said. "There are some drow outside the town that might have some leather I can use for an item that would fit the young lady" the man would say and nod at Rin as he would take up and old book and look through the old pages as he would open up a page with a simpel leather coat on it. "Miss, what kind of enhancement do you want on the item?" the man would ask Rin.

As Macradon introduced herself she winced and bowed respectfully ashamed for her disrespect for not introducing herself, that wasn't quite like her normally. As she raised again fluster was apparent over her entire face as she was feeling rather bad for the lack of introduction. She then glanced over her own head drooping rather miserably. She actually had no idea what a drow was suppose to look like, but she supposed that would all change as soon as they meet the one that is outside. Rin now nibbled her bottom lip before shuffling over toward his arm and as she now shrugged. 

"I don't really care one way or another although I am lacking gear that has the mitigation enhancement right now so that could be useful?"

She then wandered over again to look at the book to see what the leather gear might look like as she had a rather odd taste in armor and gear in general.

"Hmmm ... Yes ..." the old man responded as Rin wanted something that gave her some mitigation to use, as that would save everyone from any harm in the long run. "I can probably make something that will suit you, miss. Just take a look in this catalog and see if anything interests you" the old man said and would slide over a series of drawings and illustrations of different coats and jackets made with leather hide for armor. Macradon would take a look down at the catalog as well, just glancing over the different kinds of armors that were there. This old man was a blacksmith, but his wife was probably able to do some tailoring as they offered both light and heavy armor. "Alright, Rin, pick whatever you'd like and we'll go get the materials for it" Macradon would say and patiently wait for her to look through the catalog and pick the design she wanted.

"Ok then, I will take the leather coat that offers up some mitigation when in combat as I need more protective gear at this rate. It's a pleasure to see you offering your trade at such terms sir."

Rin bowed her head before glancing back up toward Macradon, it wasn't going to be to long now before they had to go in search of the materials which she still wasn't certain where to find such fine leather. Perhaps their were a few beasts that would need to be slain to acquire it, as freshly killed creatures would have offered healthier hides. As Macradon sat in wait she pointed to the outfit she would like crafted. It was long and sleek and she fully intended to start using it to the fourth floor on her visits as she imagined it would be warmer then anything in her current wardrobe. As that business was done she would walk toward the door, either Mac would open it being gentlemanly or she would do so it didn't really matter but once out she would ask.

"Where exactly would we find that stuff?"

Spoiler

1e48dcbb38b419babed62b9f3c18cdd3.jpg

It didn't take long before Rin would begin to pick out the design for her leather coat from the small catalog the old man had. She wanted something with mitigation, which didn't seem like that big of a hassle. "Ahh, yes, of course" the old man said "I'm positive that the Drow will have some rawhide leather on them, which I can use" he said. Macradon would nod at the old man and would open up the door to Rin for her to go out first. "We will be back soon" Macradon said to the old man as he would exit the small shop after Rin had exited. Now looking at the small street are they were in, Macradon would locate the fastest route to get out of the settlement and get out into the Drow fields where they would defeat the mobs.

"If you're not aware, almost all monsters on this floor are elven creatures. Drow is like a slang for Dark Elves, it's like the N-word, but elven" he would tell Rin as a bit of Third Floor trivia. It wasn't impossible for other mobs than elven creatures to appear, but it was a rarity among this floor. Walking through the alleyway where the blacksmith shop were, Macradon would head back to the main meeting area of the third floor's settlement. The closest gate to the fields was close to the teleport plaza, and Macradon's guild sigil and his armor would part those who would stand in the two's way to the gate. Players who knew who the KoB were, as well as polite people who didn't want to stand in anyone's way.

As the left the blacksmith she took a deep breath of the fresh air, due to his forge and the bellowing smoke in their she felt a bit off. Perhaps even lightheaded at the start of their conversation with the blacksmith, before long though she was glancing back over to the knight. She had heard something about his guild the Knights of the Blood Oath. All she could remember was what Itzal said, a mutual acquaintance of theirs who thought their guild was a selfish one primarily stuck on beating through all the different boss fights by collecting all the higher leveled players who would be able to assist upon the frontline. She didn't mind that to much, she would have preferred to stay at some nice warm shop or house and await the day where they all eventually were free once more from Kayaba's crazy game. Sadly, the recent deaths and the increasing rate of pker's were reaching overwhelming heights in her eyes that they might never be rid of this world to be completely honest. Shuddering she then glanced back hearing his comments about the Drow.

A simple nod of the head would tell him that she understood what he was talking about, although the dark elves she thought of were just as human as they were in most videog games and this was whom they were going to hunt. It didn't feel right, not one bit. She spied the guild symbol before now poking at it with a question to ask.

"Why did you guys pick that to represent your guild?"

A question posed at Macradon piqued his interest, in all honesty, he wasn't sure though "Hm ... I wasn't there when the guild was founded, I was just recruited when the guild became relevant again. My closest guess to why is an influence by historical knights who wore crosses, so I guess we chose a cross ourselves. The colors are a bit more confusing, as only the red I know about, which is the blood that runs through our veins, be it in real life or here in the game. It's a representation of Unity, that we're all the same, a living being" Macradon answered the question. "Now, the Drow wont be too difficult to defeat, they're easy NPC mobs that spawn out in the fields. You don't have to defeat them, you could easily just look for scraps all around the ground, maybe someone have already defeated a bunch of the Drow and didn't bother to pick up loot" Macradon would say, trying to calm Rin's thoughts of battle, fighting and violence.

Rin's eyes now blinked, he hadn't been among the founders of the Knights of the Blood Oath. In all honesty she thought he must have been the most senior member or even a leader of the brigade by this rate. Sadly she wouldn't know what really would become of the guild though as she didn't really want to know about the hardships and losses that they had experienced. Perhaps they didn't even have the original group and leader any more after a boss fight, they might have died maybe Alex even joined up with them once or twice for all she knew. Dwelling upon that past was a sorrowful memory though as she now began  realize a tear formed in her eye, she quickly dispatched her hand to rubbed it away to prevent any further waterworks as she cried enough for a life time.  As offered means to calm her down she nodded taking a few deep breathes before glancing about the forest floor. At the very least the materials if any were about could help her shop thrive once more.

ID: 68733 LD: 5 + 4= 9 None

Edited by Rin

Scanning through the area, Macradon had donned his tabbard over his armor. The tabbard not only displayed the color and honor of the guild, but also helped Macradon gravely when facing searching missions. Right now, Macradon bestowed Rin a few words before he would get out of her vicinity "The quest require us to slay Drow, but since I'm aware of your state, I will take it to another place. Please stay in this area so I can find you when I've done ... the deed" he said and would pat her on the shoulder as he would then begin to run towards another place where Rin would not partake, or even sit over, a fight. A place slightly further away than what Rin could hear, and that of what Macradon could hear. If Rin would face danger, he would be noticed and would not hesitate to go and fight for her, and Rin would be assured that Macradon wasn't in any danger.

When he had acquired the distance to Rin as he desired, he would look for the nearest enemy he could find. A single Drow would walk along a path, having a single two handed spear on itself, the Drow was on patrol. Hiding behind the trees, Macradon would only step out into the stone paved path of the Drow. "Is it me you're looking for?" Macradon asked with a giggle in his voice as he said it from behind the Drow. Startled from Macradon's sudden appearance, the Drow would commence a fighting stance with the spear pointed at Macradon. First then would Macradon draw his sword out, only holding the large curved greatsword in his right hand, resting it down upon the ground besides him. "Come at me" he said at the Drow, who would then roar out like a battle cry as it charge up at Macradon, throwing a strong blow at his throat.

Macradon's lightning fast reflexes, compared to the Drow's, would surpass whatever it had ever seen. Deflecting the strong spear thrust with a single sweep with his sword. Macradon swept up from his lower right to his upper left, pushing the spear to the side as Macradon would then grab onto his sword's blade. The pommel would be his main focus of his weapon now, as he would thrust the pommel right into the face of the Drow, decimating it with a shock wave left behind it, strong enough to take out 3 more of its kin if they dared to stand in the way of the wave. The Drow would explode into pixels and crystals, leaving nothing behind of its existence. Macradon sighed as he would return to Rin. "I'm done, let's see if we can find anything on the ground that might help us make the leather coat for you" he said with a smiling face as he scanned the forest floor.

Spoiler

ID: 68824
BD: 6+1=7, hit
CD: 4, no proc.
LD: 8+5=13, nothing found.
MD: 2, miss
Sword art used: Tempest 2x4x19=114 AOE DMG

- Health List -
Macradon: 995/995 HP || 66 MIT || 15 DMG || 75/94 NRG

Drow:          -102/12 HP ||  0 MIT  || 9 DMG

Edited by Macradon

Rin was still staring toward the ground her feet within her frame of vision till she watched Macradon equipping some of his gear. She winced realizing what that undoubtedly meant the mission had requested that you slay the drow. She gulped hearing him talk about just that he was planning on venturing forward without her and slaying the creature so that she wouldn't have to witness it. It was quite a noble thought taking the unnecessary slaying out of her eyesight. A brief nod and sigh as she began to look around realizing she couldn't venture to far off on her own without fear of stumbling upon a beast that was even more formidable than it. Rin gently brushed her black locks from her race as she began to fidget in place, she didn't enjoy being all alone least of all when her imagination could run wild with the way that the completion of the mission was being done. Imagination could be quite harsh least of all for one as emotionally unstable as she.

She began to contemplate just what he was doing, perhaps the drow was actually a vile beast or perhaps even innocent of all crimes that could be suspected of it. All she knew was that it's material would be used in the long winter leather coat that they would return to the smithy. Shuddering she then rubbed her temples knowing that those thoughts wouldn't help. All she had to do was sit tight and wait for Macradon to return he could handle it no problem. A few minutes passed in the silence of her clearing till she heard  the battle cry of the beast. She tensed up now gripping her knees as she sat there upon the ground till She saw Macradon return now standing up and nodding.

"R-right."

Macradon would sigh lightly "Since we haven't really found anything yet, let's see if someone forgot to loot the Drow when they were defeated, we could probably scavenge leftovers form people who had been farming here" he said. This was a much better way for the two to find the material they needed to create the coat for Rin, without Rin having to experience more fighting. He would use his Search and Detect skill to get the best out of this, trying to scan through all the leaves, twigs, branches, trees and alike, trying to find anything hidden under it all. He would do so while slowly walking around, staying in close distance to Rin so she wouldn't be left alone, again. Macradon wasn't too fond of leaving her out alone when he had to go out and kill a Drow, but it was seemingly what was best for Rin at the moment, and she didn't get hurt anyways, so it wasn't that big of a problem. Underneath the many forest elements, Macradon spotted a wide surface area that would light up when his skill was activated. He would walk over and find a large sheet of rawhide, maybe from a druid Drow or something like that. "Hey Rin, I found something we can use" he said.

Spoiler

ID: 68852
LD: 12+5=17, Material found.

Edited by Macradon

As he commented on looting the old corpses of the drow's that had fallen before she winced not the largest fan of scavenging of the dead even when it was a monster. For her shop though she saw the pelt's use as a way to respect them. She slowly crept forward till she was standing side by side the knight who had been acting somewhat like a guardian for the longer portion of the day. It was quite awkward feeling like the helpless damsel that was just tagging along for the experience. The weak seemed to leach of the strong even now he found some material again to help in the creation of her new winter coat. She winced and drooped embarrassed as she happily accepted the rawhide.

"Thank you sir."

She murmured softly a partial blush in her cheeks as she always felt like she was weighing the other players down even when she wasn't doing anything, as that in itself slowed progress for not all working together.

"I guess we can head on back now huh?