[PP:F14:NK] Raiding Castle Blackwatch [Calrex][Complete]

She turned her attention once more as the Knights shambled towards her Guardian. He was fixed in position and ran them back as their bodies were treated with a case of thorns. They were thrown back and were encaptured by the status effect of being paralyzed. That was a sound plan, now it was time to compound that and turn it further into an advantage. With her blade parallel to her body once more and the violet creation of the sword art transfixed over the blade. The woman shot forward, her foot work making the way towards the mob group as she began to eviscerate their bodies much like she had done previously. Three point blank sweeps came from her blade as she ripped through armor and flesh. Streaks of orange glamoured their body with damage as she finished her movements and got them down to the red. 

"Yes. Just a little more, we can take them down soon.One or two more hits should do. I could sweep them on my next attack, that is if I can hit them. " her inner thoughts produced a gloomy smirk, she was not having the best of luck today with accuracy. 

Opals HP: 1100/1100
EN: 74/110
Sword Art:    20x3x3 - AoE - (18 Energy)  = 180 Dmg
Hate: 2

Calrexs HP: 1540/1540 
EN: 127/146
Sword Art: 
Hate: 5

Lost Knight: 176/745 | 140 DMG ( Paralyzed Until Next Turn)
Lost Knight 2: 176/745 | 140 DMG ( Paralyzed Until Next Turn)
Lost Knight 3: 176/745 | 140 DMG ( Paralyzed Until Next Turn)
Lost Knight 4: 176/745 | 140 DMG (Paralyzed Until Next Turn)

ID: 69517
BD: 6+4 = hit

Edited by Opal
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 69542
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +1) = 7
Mob Dice: 4 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated (18 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 110 Remaining)

"Sounds good. We'll just have to keep up the pressure until they go down then. The Paralysis effect should be wearing off fairly soon."

With another chunk of the enemies' HP gone the bluenette gave a quick scan across the four undead before rushing forward, triggering <<Shadow Explosion>> once again. The Grand Blade II glowed dark purple as the attack readied before releasing, the Sword Art's power ripping through them and removing another piece, putting the monsters further into the red zone.

Completing the assault Calrex looked back to see the knights getting to their feet with their eyes locked on the Ultramarine Knight once again. Focusing and giving a quick exhale to center himself once again he gave a nod to Opal, "Alright, think you can get a last hit on them? Should be enough to finish them off."

EN: 74/110
Sword Art: 

EN: 110/146
Sword Art: Shadow Explosion
Hate: 6

Lost Knight: 104/745 | 140 DMG (7+1 DMG * 9 Art = 72 DMG / Paralyze End)
Lost Knight 2: 104/745 | 140 DMG (7+1 DMG * 9 Art = 72 DMG / Paralyze End)
Lost Knight 3: 104/745 | 140 DMG (7+1 DMG * 9 Art = 72 DMG / Paralyze End)
Lost Knight 4: 104/745 | 140 DMG (7+1 DMG * 9 Art = 72 DMG / Paralyze End)

"Here's to hoping." she said. Already bad luck was piling on to her. If they weren't successive misses, then they were successive fails. Her violet eyes scanned the HP of the remaining Knights and nodded. To the best of her ability, she held the grip of her Masamune and sent her body flying into the fray. With a sweep of her blade, she shot forward in graceful display. Slamming her foot down in the ground, she twisted and spun in a half circle to jerk the four mobs into the center. Two more swipes with her blade and the creations were destroyed. Colored fragments of their digital flesh now exposed and flecked off before being carried away into oblivion. She took in a deep breath and slowly exhaled as she looked over her shoulder. 

"That's the lot. And there is our boss room." The woman pointed to a door that was buzzing with a smokey purple aura fixed around it. Using her <Reveal> skill, she looked inside and found it mostly empty. She wasn't sure what was inside but there was a rather menacing looking silhouette walking back and forth and then there it was. The creepy laugh after the dong of the Bell Tower. Her skin felt like it was gathering goosebumps. 

"Right. We might end up fighting a Jester for the Boss. Since it's only a single target, I won't need to worry about energy. So I am good to go when you are. However, I will probably take to the shadows behind you. I can get a surprise attack in and possibly stun on my turn. You wanna switch out to your DPS gear? I don't think the boss will hit nearly as hard as the four mobs we have been running into." 

EN: 57/110
Sword Art:  20x3x3 - AoE - (18 Energy)  = 180 Dmg

EN: 110/146
Sword Art: 
Hate: 6

Lost Knight: 104/745 | 140 DMG 
Lost Knight 2: 104/745 | 140 DMG 
Lost Knight 3: 104/745 | 140 DMG 
Lost Knight 4: 104/745 | 140 DMG 

ID: 69544
BD: 5+3 = hit
+4 Mats

Edited by Opal

(1 Energy Recovered / 2 Turns Until Full Recharge)

"Yeah, probably a safe idea. If I remember how things have been for the past dungeon boss fights it will likely not hit close to as hard as these guys have. Give me a second then."

His health was already in good shape, and Opal's mitigation potion was still in effect, so that meant that even if he swapped out to his balanced gear set, the creature won't likely be able to inflict enough damage for things to become a problem. Even if so, he could easily switch back to the Aegis Armament to protect himself effectively. Swiping on his menu he began to trade out the pieces of the Aegis Armament back to his normal equipment. The Grand Aegis vanished, back to the Amethyst Charm, followed by the Grand Crest: Aegis being replaced by the Tide Pendant. Third was the Grand Blade II, which replaced the Grand Chariot: Aegis. Finally, his unenhanced sword was replaced by the Grand Dragoon.

"Alright, I think I'm all set. This way we can take out the boss as fast as possible so we can get back out of here."

Giving a quick stretch as he felt the lightness from his Evasion boost return he gave a calming breath to refocus, letting himself settle back into the various boosts to his avatar. Being weighed down his the Aegis Armament gear was certainly different from just using the Grand Chariot II and Grand Guard II in the battles, especially since he had two pieces of heavy armor when using it. Nonetheless, it let the two of them pull through so far, and changing equipment to suit the situation was part of the specialties of his build.

Updated Stats:

HP: 1490/1490
DMG: 13
ACC: 3
EVA: 2
MIT: 66

"Right." The woman watched from a small distance as Calrex changed into his previous armaments. Opal took a look at herself and found nothing needed to be changed for the moment. Everything was set and ready to go, all that was left was the Boss and they could head out, "It's breaking 2:30 am Server time. You are keeping me out way past my bedtime." A joking smile to break the tense thickness in the air. The woman took in a slow, heavy breath and made her way to the fuzzy violet colored aura. The door was locked but as soon as they got close to it, the darkness around it began to dissipate into the air. The woman eyed the darkness as it fluttered away, and once more came the mad laughing of whatever it was inside. 

It unnerved her to hear such a laughter in such a desolate and dark place. "Ready?" the woman gave her partner a quick look before her attention was reverted back to the door. As the door swung open, the woman stopped to peer inside, Jaken on her heels as he walked slowly, his staff tapping against the ground with each motion of his waddling legs. "You won't be able to see me, but I'll be here. I'm gonna sneak up on his left and attack on his flank." The former Vice Commander said, giving a Calrex that should would disappear in a blink. Keeping her body hugging the wall, she disappeared in that darkness. The room slowly lit with mild illuminating torches. The Boss was named...Kefka and he indeed wore a Jester styled suit. He was quite mad from the constant laughter expelling from his mouth and that wild looking scythe twirling in his hand.

"Come out! Come out and play my little children! We're gonna have ourselves a party!" 

Kefka HP: 980/980
Dmg: 154

EN: 58/110
Sword Art:  
Hate: 

Calrexs HP: 1490/1490
EN: 111/146
Sword Art: 
Hate: 

Notes: Opal is stealthed. 

ID: 69545
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Craft Dice: 10 (Battle Healing Activated)
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +2) = 7 (+1 Damage)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 101 Remaining)

"Got it. I'll leave it to you then. I'll make sure to get his attention."

The mad laughter was echoing throughout the room, but as it continued to grow louder, Calrex remained unphased. After all of the occurrences he had been through, a mind game like this was minor at best. At the same time, he had been training with Baldur about focusing further in combat, the concept of Fudoshin and feeding whatever emotions and thoughts that would distract you into the "flame" inside, taking those things and channeling it to make you mentally resilient to things that would deter you from accomplishing your task.

Calmly releasing the Grand Blade II from its sheath he closed his eyes before giving a few long deep breaths, feeling his mind begin to clear with each. Slowly opening his eyes again he kept his eyelids relaxed, not straining to hold apart. The thoughts that came into his mind that did not apply to the battle ahead he funneled into the spiritual fire as he felt the weight of his sword shift from one of replicated physical weight, to the moral weight he had felt when training. As he brought it into the position for triggering <<Meteor Break>> the movement seemed effortless, as if the very air surrounding had no effect.

His sword began to shine with the golden glow of the Sword Art, and right as it did the sub-dungeon boss named Kefka shot forward with his scythe with a fierce leap, the laughter's origin traveling with him. In mid-leap Calrex shot forward, triggering <<Charge>> to add to his power, meeting the jester in mid-air while unleashing his attack. The scythe cut into him, but the damage was brought to a minimum by his mitigation and <<Achilles>> skill, which also reflected back a piece of the inflicted damage. After his <<Battle Healing>> ability triggered, recovering what HP was lost.

With that he had gained the highest amount of Hate for now, the boss locking eyes with him as he remained silent and ready to attack once again.

Kefka HP: 753/980 (13+1+5 DMG * 11 Art = 209 DMG + 18 Achilles / Stunned Until Next Turn)

Sword Art:  
Hate: 

Calrexs HP: 1490/1490 (154+1 DMG - 66 MIT / 2 Achilles = 45 DMG / 89 Battle Healing)
EN: 101/146
Sword Art: Meteor Break
Hate: 1

She began to prowl in the darkness waiting for the opportunity to strike. Her blade held in both hands as she watched Calrex gain the attention of the Jester; Kefka. Her eyes followed the attacks, his battle plan was sound and he struck a good blow rattling the Jester back. From the shadows she <charged> and lifted the Masamune high above her head. She lunged forward with her blade stretched out, giving a battle cry in her effort. The blade began to glow into the violet aura it usually bestowed as the sword art activated. Sweeping the blade with a cross slash, the Jester shifted his gaze from Calrex to Opal.

"Didn't see that comin', didya?" Another quick strike to his chest, then another. Strikes were stricken across his large frame as she drove the insane Jester back to his self claimed throne where he toppled over with a laugh. She had taken a nice chunk of his HP down due to her combined charge and sneak attack, but there was plenty fight left in this clown. His laughed continued as he swept his over sized scythe around in his hand. His mumbling laughter filled the air as he gave off an eerie presence. "Oh things are just warming up, sweetheart. Let the real games begin!" 

Kefka HP: 459/980 {Stunned}

EN: 45/110
Sword Art:   21x 7x2  (14 EN) = 294 Dmg
Hate: 1

EN: 101/146
Sword Art: 
Hate: 1

ID: 69546
BD: 5+3 = hit [Keen Activated]
Notes: Surprise Attack [+1 Dmg, Auto Hit]

Edited by Opal

ID: 69547
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +2) = 6 (Disregarded Due to Stun)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 91 Remaining)

When his attack finished the bluenette watched as from the shadows behind Opal had appeared, barraging the cackling sub-dungeon boss was knocked back, not long enough as if to confirm what the jester was going to do next. Immediately falling into his stance for <<Meteor Break>> once again, the Grand Blade II blazing golden with the Sword Art's aura once again.

Shooting forward as the boss began to speak right as Kefka finished his sentence the Calrex's shoulder charge connected with his chest, immediately following with the rapid barrage of slashes before ending with a leaping helm strike, "Keep pushing the offense Opal. This Joker's laughs will be silenced in the next few attacks."

Feeling the calm fire continue to flow through him his mind remained focused, locked on the sub-dungeon boss like an auto-targeting system. Preparing himself for an attack the next chance he could act the Ultramarine Knight began to preemptively lower himself into the stance for <<Meteor Break>> once again. Right when he had the opening he would strike again, and as many times as necessary until the boss was defeated. It would be foolish to aim just to eliminate whatever HP was left. To ensure a monster was dead for sure, it would be safer to aim for at least some overkill damage.

Kefka HP: 294/980 (13+1+1 DMG * 11 Art = 165 / Stun End)

Sword Art:  
Hate: 

EN: 91/146
Sword Art: Meteor Break
Hate: 3

After Cal's last attack, Opal didn't hesitate to keep the pressure on Kefka. She hurled herself like a bullet, albeit a slower one but just as deadly. She shifted on her right fun and spun around sweeping her long blade across his chest. The barrage came again with a little more ease than the last, but coming directly into his red zone. The clown moved back and forth between her blows, the status effect no longer holding him in place. The barrage sent him further back crashing into the wall where Opal continued her assault.

"And a left! And a right! And another left! Beat him up, Master! Destroy him!" 

The last art sounded off with a vicious cross slash as Kefka was dazed from the drop of his HP. There was no more laughing, there was only silence. Opal took a leap backwards, "He's almost done for. One more attack and he'll be finished off. I was getting sick of that laughing too. Kind of ironic, don't you think?" 

Kefka HP: 42/980 {}

EN: 46/110
Sword Art:   187x2  (14 EN) = 252 Dmg  
Hate: 1

EN: 91/146
Sword Art: 
Hate: 3

ID: 69548
BD: 6+4 = hit
Notes: --

Edited by Opal

ID: 69549
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10
Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 22
Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +2) = 5
Sword Art <<Vorpal Strike>> Activated (5 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 87 Remaining)

As Opal continued to push the sub-dungeon boss Calrex watched his HP drop further and further, falling to an extremely low level. It only took a quick flip in the positioning of his sword to switch from <<Meteor Break>> to <<Vorpal Strike>> as the Grand Blade II began to glow with a pulsing yellow sword. Rushing forward he felt his body become locked in the assisted system's guidance, flying at Kefka.

At the same time that the white-haired woman began to ask her question Calrex was in front of her, his sword already down to the hilt through the boss' chest. The silence that the jester had remained as he burst into crystals. With a quickly pull the Grand Blade II was extracted.

Flipping it into a reverse grip the bluenette gave one last calming breath, his eyes closed as he listened to the metal slide into the scabbard, hearing the blade lock engage. Sliding his hand off the end of the hilt he completed noto, letting the mental state he was in subside as he gave a small stretch, "Yeah, a silent jester wasn't really much of one. Besides, the mad laughter angle is a little bit overplayed anyway, heh. Come on, the exit should have appeared nearby somewhere."

Kefka HP: 0/980 (13 DMG * 5 Art = 65)

Sword Art:  
Hate: 

EN: 87/146
Sword Art: Vorpal Strike
Hate: 4

Opal sighed as the fight was finally over. Just as Calrex had stated, there was a loud crunching of rock as the wall began to split open revealing a pathway out of the Castle. They didn't get to explore much, but one sub boss was enough for tonight. Opal walked closer to the exit and held her out blocking the exit, "It was good that you came by. I'm glad things between us aren't broken. I still have a path I must follow, but..." the woman swept hair from her face, "If she is important to you, Calrex. Do what you can to save her soul. Do what you must do as well should it come to that. I will stay out of the way for the time being, but if she becomes unhinged. I'll have to step in." Opal smiled and felt the cool breeze hit her face, eyes closed as she drew in the damp air as the thunder continued to roll in the heavens above. 

"We did good today, hopefully this will pan out well in the boss raid as well. Let's get the hell out of here before anything else decides to wake up." 

And with that, she removed her arm from the exit and headed out with her blue haired partner. She didn't know what lines would be crossed in the future, but she was certain that things could at least get better. There was still a hope in her heart for Teayre, as much as she disliked her. If she could be saved, she would step down from pursuing her. However, if another life is to be taken...Teayre will die. 

===

Thread Rewards: 1200 Col/2 [600 Each], 3 SP Each
Loot Rewards: 17 Mats, 29,800 Col [8 Mats Opal, 14,900 Col Opal] [9 Mats Cal, 14,900 Col Cal]
Dungeon Boss Loot: 3600 Col, 6 mats, 3 SP Each [1800 Col Opal, 3 Mats] [Cal 3 Mats, 1800 Col]