[PP:F14:NK] Raiding Castle Blackwatch [Calrex][Complete]

Opal shifted her arms upwards, the bellowing of the beast that was the Ultramarine Knight had used his Howl on the enemies to draw their attention to him more but not only that, his foot got stuck in the broken crevice of the rubble. She nodded in turn, they both had their slip ups tonight, but she wasn't too much of a Bitch to rub it in his face. Instead, she took the initiative and brought her blade skywards. With her feet leaving the ground and moving quickly towards her targets. The dense energy that built around her Masamune began to glow once more as it wrapped heavily around the blade, glowing brighter and brighter. 

With her foot slamming into the ground and pivoting her body and swinging around, the katana slashed through the four Senties scattering their life forms into the wind as their pixelated bodies were destroyed with the last sweep of her blade. Hefting the Masamune over her shoulder, she turned her head over her shoulder and looked towards Calrex, "You got your foot unstuck? I'm alright on energy right now. If you wanna continue on, we can push ahead." 

As the scattered remained flitted away, they were each given a pop up box on their loot. Another sizable sum for the each of them as their hard work paid off once more. 

Opals HP: 1100/1100
EN: 90/110
Sword Art:  Amatsu no Homura - 18x3x3 - AoE - (18 Energy)  = 180 Dmg
Hate: 3

Calrexs HP: 1540/1540
EN: 95/146
Sword Art:
Hate: 9

Lost Sentry: -/745 | 140 DMG
Lost Sentry 2: -/745 | 140 DMG
Lost Sentry 3: -/745 | 140 DMG
Lost Sentry 4: -/745 | 140 DMG

ID: 68944
BD: 7
LD: 12+4 = 16 [14,900 Col]
+4 Mats

Edited by Opal
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah, talk about bad coincidence. It fit just enough for me to get stuck, heh."

Giving his leg a quick shake Calrex lowered his sword and shield as the creatures were dispatched by Opal's Sword Art, "Looks like the Aegis Armament is holding up just fine so far, at least on monsters of this floor. Not bad at all, heh."

"Yeah, I think I'm still good on energy, so we can keep moving in the meantime."

Picking the corridor that lead further into the castle the bluenette gave a calming breath, raising his shield to keep it at the ready for any surprise attacks from spawning creatures. If it was something that SAO appeared to be good at, it was spawning monsters out of sight with impeccable timing to attack in the middle of important things, such as conversations and the like, "Like pretty much every single damn time Teayre and I went out into the fields. I swear there's got to be some kind of comedic timing involved in those encounters, because they always seemed to be in the middle of important conversations."

ID: 68997
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +1) = 3
Mob Dice: 4 (-1 Evasion) = 5
<<Howl>> Activated (+3 Hate to all enemies / 1 Energy Recovered / 96 Remaining)

As if on perfect timing with his thoughts another set of creatures had appeared from just outside the corridor's exit. However, their surprise attack didn't go as planned. Their blades came down, but the bluenette saw them coming, dropping low and rolling forward before triggering <<Howl>> once again, "Ears again Opal!"

His decorative sword swirled with blue energy before erupting outwards immediately grabbing the attention of the four creatures as they locked their eye sockets on him. With a smirk he gave a quick rap against his shield, "Let them have it. I've got their attention."

Sword Art:
Hate: 0

EN: 96/146
Sword Art:

Lost Guardsmen: 745/745 | 140 DMG
Lost Guardsmen 2: 745/745 | 140 DMG
Lost Guardsmen 3: 745/745 | 140 DMG
Lost Guardsmen 4: 745/745 | 140 DMG

Opal shifted on her foot and ducked down while wincing as she plugged her ears. Poor Jaken was unaware of what was going on and was not told about the Howling by Calrex. He was unfortunately caught within the blast, jarring all his senses as his little frail body bounced side to side as he nearly lost his staff in the process. When the <Howl> had finished, she got back up and twisted around and brought her blade back to her forefront. Holding the hilt in both hands, the woman nodded to Calrex. It was time to go for the Maximum Effort, as she took a step forward, their was a torrential of power flowing over her blade. The violet glow of the sword art began to ignite into a harmonious effect as she <<Charged>> for the enemy. Sweeping her blade, the woman's fast and furious attacks through the Guardsmen of the late predecessors of the castle. Orange streaks of data tagged their bodies with long sweeping blows. 

Opal's right foot danced around their corpse like bodies and she slew them with several strategic hits before she started to bound back towards her Tank. Flashing a dark smile to the player, she looked down at her frantic familiar, "What was that!?" still unsure why he was so mentally discombobulated. She would have planted a heel in his face again, but he seemed to be getting his fair of harsh treatment for the night. She didn't want to come off as a total bitch to her familiar. 

EN: 72/110
Sword Art:  Amatsu no Homura - 22x3x3 - AoE - (18 Energy)  = 198 Dmg
Hate: 2

EN: 96/146
Sword Art:

Lost Guardsmen: 547/745 | 140 DMG
Lost Guardsmen 2: 547/745 | 140 DMG
Lost Guardsmen 3: 547/745 | 140 DMG
Lost Guardsmen 4: 547/745 | 140 DMG

ID: 69147
BD: 10+3 = [+2 Dmg]

Edited by Opal

ID: 69148
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +1) = 4 (Disregarded Due to Parry)
Mob Dice: 8 (-1 Evasion) = 9 (Paralyze Activated)
<<Parry>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 95 Remaining)

With Opal's opening attack a large piece of the undead guardmen's HP had vanished in the flurry of blows. A good thing for their team, because of course at the moment Calrex's attacks relied on very large openings on the creatures, and it appeared that they were still mobile enough to avoid any potential blows he could throw at him.

However, that didn't mean that the bluenette had lost the highest level of Hate of the two of them. The creatures immediately targeted him and began trying to slash, their blows easily catch his now slowed avatar. But that didn't mean he wasn't prepared. His forearms glowed light blue as his <<Parry>> skill triggered, his decorative straight sword swiping back and forth, guided by the assisted system, as the incoming blows were deflected to the side. At the same time, the connected strikes triggered his Thorns enhancement, as well as his <<Achilles>> unique skill, the combined abilities blasting back more damage than the four creatures could do to him combined.

"Alright, Opal's next attack either I'll need to hit or likely use Howl again. If not she's gonna be a target, and that wouldn't be a good thing."

"Keep up the pressure!"

Looking at the creatures as they all took a knee he gave a smirk, "I've got to get used to this defensive Paralyze enhancement. It's certainly coming in handy."

Sword Art:

Calrexs HP: 1536/1540 (140(4) DMG - 170(4) MIT / 2 Achilles = 4 Minimum DMG)
Sword Art:

Lost Guardsmen: 510/745 | 140 DMG (36 Thorns / 1 Achilles DMG / Paralyzed Until Next Turn)
Lost Guardsmen 2: 510/745 | 140 DMG (36 Thorns / 1 Achilles DMG / Paralyzed Until Next Turn)
Lost Guardsmen 3: 510/745 | 140 DMG (36 Thorns / 1 Achilles DMG / Paralyzed Until Next Turn)
Lost Guardsmen 4: 510/745 | 140 DMG (36 Thorns / 1 Achilles DMG / Paralyzed Until Next Turn)

As the Lost Guardsmen gathered around Cal, Opal had noticed he was using a different stance than usual. There was no Howl that came from this stance, but instead he was eating up the damage that the mobs were dishing out to him. Opal's violet eyes scrunched as she watched and back stepped out of the way as they doused his body with weaponry. The clanging sounds echoed out into the halls of Blackwatch, their moans lighting up the atmosphere as their shrouded corpse like bodies stumbled with less than grace. 

Stepping in with the glow of her blade ignited, the woman rushed in to meet their backs. With their attention turned to Calrex, or at least for the moment, the woman splattered their corpse bodies with orange slash marks. Wicked cuts were made across their broken armor as they grunted and bumped into one another like walking zombies. Her sword art expired but it left the mob confused with who was now the greater threat. Eyes turned to her and she gave an off beat smile, "Ayy...ugh, Cal...a little help here? They are looking at me like I'm dinner. How about another Howl?" 

He would either have to get their attention with a Howl or strike the hate up with a critical attack, that really seems to piss them off. 

EN: 73/110
Sword Art:  20x3x3 - AoE - (18 Energy)  = 180 Dmg

Sword Art:

Lost Guardsmen: 330/745 | 140 DMG 
Lost Guardsmen 2: 330/745 | 140 DMG 
Lost Guardsmen 3: 330/745 | 140 DMG 
Lost Guardsmen 4: 330/745 | 140 DMG 

ID: 69169
BD: 2+4 = hit [Keen Activated]

Edited by Opal

ID: 69192
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +1) = 11 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dice: 9 (-1 Evasion) = 10 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (18 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 78 Remaining)

"Heh, don't worry I got it."

With a clear opening presenting itself Calrex triggered both <<Charge>> and <<Shadow Explosion>> as his decorative sword became coated in the dark purple glow of the Sword Art. Rocketing forward he rapidly slashed through all four of the creatures, leaving them riddled with blows before ending up back in the center of their formation once again.

Although the Paralyze effect had worn off, now it was replaced by the Stun effect of his <<Charge>> skill mod. Giving a small he sigh the bluenette saw that they had returned their attention back to him, nodding over at Opal, "Alright, they should be safe to attack again. Go for it!"

EN: 73/110
Sword Art:

Calrexs HP: 1536/1540 (140+1(4) DMG - 170(4) MIT / 2 Achilles = 4 Minimum DMG)
EN: 78/146
Sword Art:
Hate: 5

Lost Guardsmen: 158/745 | 140 DMG (7+1+2+5 DMG * 9 Art = 135 DMG / 36 Thorns / 1 Achilles DMG / Paralyze End, Stunned Until Next Turn)
Lost Guardsmen 2: 158/745 | 140 DMG (7+1+2+5 DMG * 9 Art = 135 DMG / 36 Thorns / 1 Achilles DMG / Paralyze End, Stunned Until Next Turn)
Lost Guardsmen 3: 158/745 | 140 DMG (7+1+2+5 DMG * 9 Art = 135 DMG / 36 Thorns / 1 Achilles DMG / Paralyze End, Stunned Until Next Turn)
Lost Guardsmen 4: 158/745 | 140 DMG (7+1+2+5 DMG * 9 Art = 135 DMG / 36 Thorns / 1 Achilles DMG / Paralyze End, Stunned Until Next Turn)

Their eyes had been drawn to Cal as if he were their torch light and they but little dirty moths. With their attention on him, Opal once more slincked behind their numbers with her weapon giving off the familiar chill of the sword art aura. Violet energy wrapped around the blade giving it an eerie glow. She had raised the katana with both hands and down it came, sweeping left and right in a blitzkrieg of flurries. Their moans escaped them, their bodies worn and torn and decayed now being victimized by the Masamune in her hands. With another sweep of her blade, the Lost Guardsmen had lost their heads. Beheading them in a moment, their bodies froze in time and then shattered in the next passing moment. Nothing left of their AI souls nor their remains. Giving a long drawn out sigh to herself, Opal reverted to her standing position and rolled her shoulders and shot a glance around their perimeter. Her <Reveal> had been active once again, "Looks like we cleared them out for a little while. We have only a few more to kill before we end up seeing any Boss types."

Opal shot Calrex a look, "Thanks for helping out back there. Ya know, you could have easily ended a lot of hardships for people with my life ending. And yet you are helping out. You could easily walk through these Halls choosing your battles carefully and escape with merely scratches. I on the other hand would be dead without your help. So it comes to question; knowing who I am and what my plans are for people, why would you help me? You realize one day I will come to hunt down Teayre and possibly kill her. You could easily end it all now. We get stuck in a mob fight, you forget to Howl and then I die from the hate. You could easily end this without staining your hands further. No one would miss me, no one would question you about what happened. It could be over..."

Opal's eyes downcast, why was she asking him about this? He was too much of a Boy Scout to do something so radical like that, though it would be the perfect opportunity for a Wild Card like Opal to die now without much effort. The woman shrugged her shoulders, "Don't worry about answering any of that. I already know I am growing on you quite a bit." Her eyes sang a seductive tone as she looked him on, hiding the fact that he could easily end it all if he wanted on the next round of summons. He was a curious one. To have someone declare they would take the life of their beloved and still allow such company to exist. What was his game? 

EN: 56/110

Calrexs HP: 1536/1540 
EN: 78/146
Sword Art:

Lost Guardsmen: -/745 | 140 DMG (Stunned Until Next Turn)
Lost Guardsmen 2: -/745 | 140 DMG (Stunned Until Next Turn)
Lost Guardsmen 3: -/745 | 140 DMG ( Stunned Until Next Turn)
Lost Guardsmen 4: -/745 | 140 DMG ( Stunned Until Next Turn)

ID: 69248
BD: 8+3 = hit [Keen Activates]
+4 Mats

LD: 1 fantastic. 

Edited by Opal

(6 HP Recovered, HP Full / 1 Energy Recovered, 2 Turns Until Full Recharge)

With a swift flurry of strikes from his white-haired companion Calrex lowered his sword and shield, already knowing as the first creature's head flew off that the other three were to follow. As expected, they vanished into crystals, the battle over. Giving a small sigh he stretched his arms, "The Grand Aegis is holding up so far, but I really am having to reply in her to do the attacking, since I can at best defend and throw out a few strikes here and there."

"Yeah, sounds good. We'd better take a few moments to recover our energy before continuing."

Listening to the woman speak Calrex gave a small laugh as he crossed his arms, relaxing his stance slightly, "You should know by now Opal, even though I can look like a bumbling oaf sometimes, I'm actually a very analytical person. So don't be surprised when I say that exact thought has crossed my mind multiple times, not just with you. It's definitely a viable strategy, bringing a person into a place where they cannot escape, then, for lack of better wording, killing them by neglect. After all, I am a tank, and people that specialize in evasion and damage do rely on me to funnel their blows. Plus, as you've said, you've expressed your plans to eventually try and kill Teayre, the person that I love. However, there's a few things that I have taken into account as well. First, no matter what's happened, you are still a participant in the frontlines, and I would like to avoid having to remove a useful individual from those ranks and slow our ascent even moreso. Second, even if I could clear these dungeons on my own, they are no easy task. As you can tell, I can take a lot of damage in this gear, and to some level dish it back, but it's nowhere close to a damage dealer, so I would be in these places for a very long time before I complete it. Third, death by neglect is in some ways worse than directly doing the deed yourself, even though it would leave my hands clean. It would be something I would only do those I have deemed truly vile."

Turning back to face Opal he gave a friendly smirk, "Besides, if I went and took you out, your little servant there wouldn't leave me alone for a second. Plus I would lose a form of entertainment."

Opal's eyes widened. To say she was surprised wasn't far off the mark. "I am both a tool and a form of entertainment for you, is that it?" She laughed and shook her head, "Well, seems like I have some usefulness to you as a frontliner still. Although I don't think the others would share your opinion of me. But that's fine, I need them to continue thinking I am nothing more than a mindless Player Killer. It is imperative they remain ignorant to my true intentions, Calrex. I'll clean out Laughing Coffin before I come after Teayre. So she still has some time. If then you decide to step in my way, well then, I guess we'll end it there when it finally comes. Until then, we both have our usefulness to each other."

The woman smirked with her dark lips, her body falling towards a wall as she leaned her back against it holding the Masamune in her hand before allowing it to drop to the floor with a clatter, "Look after my blade, Jaken." The familiar and his large eyes looked towards his master giving a nod as he wobbled over towards it and began to polish the steel. The woman folded her arms, "Ya know. I haven't had a cigarette in ages. Attempting to quit is a bitch, but the addiction is still there. That craving and want and desire. I honestly don't know what I am doing with myself most of the time, sometimes I know I am here and sometimes it feels like someone else is driving this body." 

She turned her head and her eyes sank towards the floor, "When I came off that mountain, I hated this world so much and at the same time I felt, if I left here...what kind of person would I be in real life? I would have all these skills and all this knowledge, I wouldn't be the same woman as I was before I got in this place. There is a part of me that is scared of leaving now. Knowing how many players I will eventually end up killing, these people, could I justify that when I am out of here. Do you...regret taking the life of that man on the HIll?" 

It had not been forgotten, but there was an increase in activity of rolling thunder in the sky that could easily be heard through this dilapidated castle. Asking such a question to him now, she didn't know if she felt regret for killing Dom. She had nothing against him personally, but what he was, what Zelrius was. They were player killers and they continued to live as such. Because all they thought about was themselves, their foolishness, their horrible leading skills. Opal brought her hands to her face and gave a low moan, "I really need a cigarette." 

(1 Energy Recovered, 1 Turn Until Full Recharge)

Calrex returned the laugh as he looked to see Jaken begin to polish Opal's sword. He had dabbled in knife sharpening in the past, so keeping a blade polished wasn't something completely knew to him. Cleaning a blade was in some ways ceremonial, alongside the practical applications of the act. In the real world, cleaning the blade before resheathing it kept both the sword and the inner part of the sheath clean, keeping the inside unclogged of build up.

With that he listened to Opal speak first about her addiction to cigarettes, and how she seemed to have difficulties with making up for that, at least before transitioning into a large idea about her time here. Thinking about it himself, Calrex had to agree to some level. Right before he ended up trapped in SAO he was working for a tech company, and now it seemed most of his mental facilities were focused on either combat, saving Teayre, or thinking about the world they were trapped in. If he needed to, he could remember the lines of code and the equipment used in his job, but it would take some time away from the game before he could do so again. Aincrad had forcefully changed his mindset to some level, but not yet to the point where it began to mess with his ideals.

"I remember a while back you had a pack of cigarettes on you, but I guess you ran through those rather quickly heh. Honestly I think most addictive things here in the game are done more out of habit than the actual chemical response, since such things aren't replicated in the game. You can't get drunk or high in the game, and I'm sure that's a terrible surprise to some. As for that man on the hill, Greg, if I didn't have a regret for my decision, then I would consider my humanity gone. Taking a person's life should never be an easy thing to do, and if done you need to question whether or not it was the right thing to do. So I will live with my decision, but I do question if in the end I made the right choice. However, there is no way of taking back my actions, so the most I can do is continue forward and hope that what I've done proves true."

Looking over at the woman he gave a small sigh, recalling her intentions of taking down Laughing Coffin beforehand. There were questions that had come to the surface of his mind as a result, "Speaking of Laughing Coffin, consider me curious about their inner working. What can you tell me about the head of the guild, Sensui? Volcano and the twins I met that night I can pretty much gather their personalities, but if you are going to take then down, he would likely be your biggest obstacle. From what I can tell, at least from the short interaction with him, he appears to be someone that doesn't get his hands dirty."

"Going from what I can tell, he's closer to a puppetmaster than a soldier. He has a rather snake-like tongue, which is good for manipulating people to his side, and to do work for him while he can sit back and watch the results unfold."

The woman shrugged from his answer and her complaint about the need for such a thing. She had a horrible oral fixation and nicotine addiction. You could replicate the item but never the feeling it would actually give which is why it was always a half victory for her when she created her own stuff. When it came down to asking about Sensui, the woman gave a audible sigh as her violet eyes rolls. 

"You are right, he does not do his own dirty work. As for the man himself, Sensui is a cover up name. I have already looked on the Monument of Life and there was no name or similar I have found of a player named Sensui in this game. I have asked quite a bit around about him. No one has ever partied with him or know his stats or what kind of skills he has. He carries with him a vanity rapier, that is all I know. I don't know his real skills or what kind of player attribute he would fall under. Why people follow him?" The woman began to stand up, and dusted her hands off as well as he legs and butt giving a pat or two freeing herself of any debris if there had been any. 

"It is rather simple. He is a charismatic man, you can fall into his charm quite easily. He comes off as friendly and gentleman like. But there in is the lie. He is more cut throat than anyone else in the guild. They follow him around because he acts Kingly, they are easily persuaded by his charms. And he exudes confidence like no other player I have met before. Doesn't that tell you something?" 

The woman was interested in Sensui for another matter she had yet to tell anyone, "But I believe there is something else going on behind his schemes. Something much darker than what we see with our eyes. He fits the bill, doesn't he? Confident, able to easily move people around as he sees fit. Almost like he were a Game Master of sorts...I've been thinking on it for some time and it might sound silly, but he could possibly be Kayaba. Don't you think? I know, its far'fetched of an idea. But I have seen him in combat once before the updates of course. But he seems almost unstoppable, able to land a hit after hit and almost never taking any true damage. It's like he is always protected by something. Perhaps he has a slew of Uniques we don't even know about yet. But whatever the reason may be. He is influential and is a Leader. People respect him and bow to him. But no one truly knows who Sensui is."

(Energy Fully Recovered)

"Hm..."

As Opal gave her reply and analysis of the man in question Calrex kept calm and listened attentively to the woman's words. From what he heard his own opinion wasn't that far off from the mark. The man known as Sensui was one that preferred to let his subordinates do his deeds for him, rather than having to do it himself. The very fact he carries a vanity rapier, rather than a ranked one, seemed to support that. The only time the bluenette himself swapped out from the Grand Blade was when he didn't have a free slot to work it, like now. To have an unenhanced weapon meant that you possibly had the confidence to not worry about coming under attack.

However, the idea of Sensui being Kayaba was a bit more of a stretch in logic than Calrex was comfortable with making. The only time that the creator of SAO had made his appearance was as a robed figure on the first day, and even if they were to go by the picture of him in news articles, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume that he could easily change the game's logic to mask his appearance. The fact Sensui kept his true name hidden wasn't that hard to do either. If you did not have them on their contact list, it was difficult to find out someone's name unless they told it to you explicitly or joined your party.

"It is possible, since we haven't heard anything about what happened to Kayaba after we were trapped here, although I'll hold off on that conclusion until we get more confirmation. However, if it is true and I'm not around for it, make sure to slug him one for me. He's pulled a lot of mental tricks here in this game that I don't appreciate, heh."

Looking at his energy boost to the max Calrex gave a stretch, "Alright, I think I'm all set. How's your energy looking?"

"Restored, finally." The woman said shifting her gaze to the bar. She looked down at her familiar as he continued to toil with her Masamune X, "Alright Jaken, it should be cleaned by now. Let me have it." 

The former king Imp lifted his body off the ground and pushed the hilt towards his master as she clenched it in her right hand. She gave it a sweep or two and examined the blade of any impurities. She was satisfied with the quality of the blade and nodded, "Now I just need something to test it on." Her black lipstick that coated her lips curved as she beamed at her familiar. 

"Ah! Yes, we should look for a few more mobs in the castle. Only a few more to go before the Entrance of the Servant is unlocked," the familiar spoke, voicing the lore and their objective at hand.

But Opal wasn't thinking about mobs to slay. Her violet eyes beamed at her familiar as Jaken gave an audible gulp, "Ugh, Master...I know what that look in your eye me--"

"Run Jaken!!!" 

"AHHHHH!!!!!" the familiar sped off into the darkness leaving the woman bent over and laughing out loud as her little familiar spooked and ran away in the darkness yelling and screaming at the top of his lungs. His image had disappeared into the darkness and the woman's giggle trailed off, "I was only teasing. I wouldn't actually kill him after I risked my own neck to save him. He'll be back-"

"AHHHH!!!!" that loud annoying yelling was coming back towards them as a small horde of zombie like Knights rattled their way towards them sluggishly in pursuit of Jaken, "Ugh. Well, guess we didn't have to look to hard to find the rest. Let's get this over with, Calrex. We only have a few more to kill before we can get to the Boss." The Familiar was now cowering behind Opal gripping tight to her leg, "Ugh, Jaken! Off!" she gave her foot a shake as he finally unlatched his vice grip from her leg. Sweeping the blade again, the woman pointed the blade towards the foes, "Alright. Let's get'em." 

ID: 69319
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +1) = 11 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dice: 2
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (18 Energy Used / 128 Remaining)

"Heh you got it."

The Ultramarine Knight had gotten a good laugh out of Opal's exchange with her familiar. It was a rather comedic thing to watch, albeit possibly a little cruel. But going from the relationship between the two, it seemed like Jaken was more than durable enough to deal with the woman's beatings. Besides, it wasn't something of complete concern to him.

However, as the imp had run back with a group of undead in tow the bluenette gave a smirk, readying his decorative sword.

All of them were in prime striking range as he triggered both <<Shadow Explosion>> and <<Charge>> simultaneously, rocketing forward and rapidly striking through the undead before they had a chance to retaliate. His skill mod triggered, stunning all four as he gave a signal, "Alright, then them have it!"

EN: 110/110
Sword Art:  20x3x3 - AoE - (18 Energy)  = 180 Dmg

EN: 128/146
Sword Art: Shadow Explosion

Lost Knight: 610/745 | 140 DMG (7+1+2+5 DMG * 9 Art = 135 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)
Lost Knight 2: 610/745 | 140 DMG (7+1+2+5 DMG * 9 Art = 135 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)
Lost Knight 3: 610/745 | 140 DMG (7+1+2+5 DMG * 9 Art = 135 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)
Lost Knight 4: 610/745 | 140 DMG (7+1+2+5 DMG * 9 Art = 135 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

As Jaken had somehow or another summoned an angry mob of Lost Knights, he had clung to her leg. The woman swept her blade across the four, that impish grin on her face. Her blade lifted and poised, both hands on the hilt as she was ready to strike. They growled lowly underneath their helmets, almost like a black smog escaping their weathered and worm eaten bodies. As she was about to lay down the hurt, Jkaen had yelled once more. Something ended up spooking him and he clutched onto her right leg yet again. Opal's feet moved from the momentum of Jaken's charge as he gripped tight and wouldn't let go. 

With a 'umph' the woman stumbled forward, her blade stretching across the faces of the Lost Knights but cutting only the air around them. She growled and looked down at her familiar, scooping him up in her hand and then wildly tossing him behind her where he grunted and groaned with a shatter against the wall, "Damn it. Lost my opportunity to strike. Damn coward of an Imp, getting in my way like that. Alright, I'll try again..." The woman's feet slid apart and she positioned her sword upwards once again getting ready to strike, even in their state of being stunned and the worthless cretin that was her familiar, Opal was unable to make a clean strike. 

EN: 108/110
Sword Art:  Miss

Sword Art: 

Lost Knight: 610/745 | 140 DMG (Stunned Until Next Turn)
Lost Knight 2: 610/745 | 140 DMG Stunned Until Next Turn)
Lost Knight 3: 610/745 | 140 DMG Stunned Until Next Turn)
Lost Knight 4: 610/745 | 140 DMG (Stunned Until Next Turn)

ID: 69322
BD: 2+3 = Miss

Edited by Opal

ID: 69340
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +1) = 4
Mob Dice: 9 (Disregarded Due to Stun)
<<Howl>> Activated (1 Energy Recovered / 129 Remaining)

"No worries. Better cover your ears through."

Raising his sword high the blade began to swirl with the blue energy of his <<Howl>> skill. "I've got the leg up on Hate, but I'd better solidify that lead so that we can focus on attacking."

Bringing the weapon down Calrex slammed the blade against the ground, releasing the energy once again throughout the area, getting the set attention of the undead knights. Their eyes remained locked onto his avatar as each strained to move, but they failed to do so due to the Stun enhancement holding strong on them. At least that was the case for a few more seconds before they slowly began to get back to their feet.

"Geeze, I wish that thing would last a bit longer, but that might be a bit too overpowered for the system, heh."

Returning back to his defensive stance the bluenette gave a calming breath to focus, nodding to Opal, "Alright, let loose. I'll keep their attention for sure this time around!"

EN: 129/146
Sword Art: 

Lost Knight: 610/745 | 140 DMG (Stun End)
Lost Knight 2: 610/745 | 140 DMG (Stun End)
Lost Knight 3: 610/745 | 140 DMG (Stun End)
Lost Knight 4: 610/745 | 140 DMG (Stun End)

Opal turned her attention towards the Lost Knights, that's exactly what they were. Fallen, Lost, whatever the case it had been, they were no longer of this world. However their ties to this castle remained steadfast, even if they were mindless ghouls or a case of zeros and ones at one time or another they were respected Guardsmen of the Castle. It would be best to put the NPC souls to rest and let them move on through their digital decayed flesh. Opal would seek that out with her own Masamune, but the sound of rolling thunder had caught her attention and in the distance there was a chiming of a bell or a clock of some sort. 

The place was already lit up with a mysterious spooky nature, the crumbling walls, the decayed servants, the howling of the wind and the earth shattering force of thunder outside all accumulated into what she would imagine be the perfect recipe for a Haunted Castle. Too bad it was not real, but they had seen ghosts or something of the lore to an extent within the game. Had she seen Lindow wake from his death she would have been a believer of sorts. But right now, that chiming was unnerving her greatly. Every tick, every beat grabbed at her chest and seized her life. She fell down to one knee and gave the Lost Knights a blank stare, "I can't concentrate with all this racket." The woman muttered under her breath. She slowly stood up once more, an apologetic look on her face. This was becoming a nuisance that this castle was bringing her down so much. He fears she had to conquer, she had to focus, get her mind right. 

EN: 107/110

EN: 129/146
Sword Art: 

Lost Knight: 610/745 | 140 DMG (Stun End)
Lost Knight 2: 610/745 | 140 DMG (Stun End)
Lost Knight 3: 610/745 | 140 DMG (Stun End)
Lost Knight 4: 610/745 | 140 DMG (Stun End)

ID: 69341
BD: 1+3 = miss

Edited by Opal

ID: 69406
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +1) = 3 (Vengeful Riposte Failed)
Craft Dice: 7 (Battle Healing Activated)
Mob Dice: 7
<<Parry>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 128 Remaining)

As his teammate took another moment to gather herself from the ambient atmosphere weighing on her psyche Calrex made note of the fact, "The feel of this castle is probably eerie enough to mess with people. It would be one thing to play it while viewing from a TV screen, but this is virtual reality. We're face to face with the creatures we face, and that will eventually start to disrupt our perception of things."

However, that moment was enough for him to leave an opening for the undead soldiers to target him and bring their blades at him. Quickly flipping his sword into a reverse grip his <<Parry>> skill triggered, rapidly deflecting the majority of the blows to the side before <<Achilles>> and Thorns triggered, reflecting and adding damage to the monsters' HP bars.

"Feeling alright there Opal?"

Sword Art: 

Calrexs HP: 1540/1540 (140(4) DMG / 2 Parry - 170(4) MIT / 2 Achilles = 4 Minimum DMG / 92 Battle Healing)
Sword Art: 

Lost Knight: 573/745 | 140 DMG (36 Thorns DMG / 1 Achilles DMG)
Lost Knight 2: 573/745 | 140 DMG (36 Thorns DMG / 1 Achilles DMG)
Lost Knight 3: 573/745 | 140 DMG (36 Thorns DMG / 1 Achilles DMG)
Lost Knight 4: 573/745 | 140 DMG (36 Thorns DMG / 1 Achilles DMG)

"Huh? Yeah." Her voice somewhat shaky and her focus had blurred for the moment. She wobbled for a moment before slamming her foot down on the ground and the tip of her long sword holding her steady. A bead of sweat dropped from her cheek and she gave a low growl breaking for the group of Lost Knights. Her katana blade coated with a violet light as she stepped forward, a long sweeping action of her sword with both hands rendered the Knights a grave wound upon their deteriorating bodies. Her foot pivoted and her body whipped around with a turn, snow white hair bouncing around and whipping along with her body with another carved strike to their frames. Once more she clutched her blade with both hand and reversed her swing, shattered their armor with a blow to their figures. The sword art was now on cool down and she watched as their eyes were still transfixed on Calrex. 

She was finally able to make a successful attack without getting her senses mixed up on what this place was doing to her. How was she the only one affected by this pseudo madness? Perhaps she was being eaten away at the guilt she felt, her actions during this game. She gave a low grunt and shook her head taking a step back. 

"I'm really not enjoying myself right now. But I think I am alright for the time being." 

EN: 91/110
Hate: 1

Sword Art: 

Lost Knight: 393/745 | 140 DMG
Lost Knight 2: 393/745 | 140 DMG
Lost Knight 3: 393/745 | 140 DMG
Lost Knight 4: 393/745 | 140 DMG 

ID: 69505
BD:8 +3 = [Keen Activated nxt roll]

Edited by Opal

ID: 69514
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +1) = 3 (Vengeful Riposte Failed)
Craft Dice: 10 (Battle Healing Activated)
Mob Dice: 10 (+2 Damage)
<<Parry>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 127 Remaining)

"Alright, just hang in there. Once this battle's done we should only have one more, then we can get out of here."

Readying <<Parry>> once again the bluenette readied himself for another attack from the undead, which seemed to come promptly after Opal's barrage. The swords came down once again, but he easily deflected them to the side, along with triggering the Paralyze enhancement on the Grand Aegis, which shot out and shocked the four undead, forcing them to take a knee once again.

"That should keep them down for now. Hopefully enough time we can finish them off."

Looking at his health remain at maximum from his <<Battle Healing>> skill, making him smirk, "Guess it's a good thing I finally got around to taking this skill. It's really helping me in tanking duties."

Sword Art: 
Hate: 1

Calrexs HP: 1540/1540 (140+2(4) DMG / 2 Parry - 170(4) MIT / 2 Achilles = 4 Minimum DMG / 92 Battle Healing)
EN: 127/146
Sword Art: 

Lost Knight: 356/745 | 140 DMG (36 Thorns DMG / 1 Achilles DMG / Paralyzed Until Next Turn)
Lost Knight 2: 356/745 | 140 DMG (36 Thorns DMG / 1 Achilles DMG / Paralyzed Until Next Turn)
Lost Knight 3: 356/745 | 140 DMG (36 Thorns DMG / 1 Achilles DMG / Paralyzed Until Next Turn)
Lost Knight 4: 356/745 | 140 DMG (36 Thorns DMG / 1 Achilles DMG / Paralyzed Until Next Turn)