{PP-F1} Scars and Vows -Esther and Myself-

Domarus walked through the first floor seeking any monster he could find to take down.  Now that he had his dragon bone armor he sought to monster grind as quickly as possible in order to level up swiftly.  It was time consuming yes and could be tedious, but overall it was worth it.  Especially if he gained some col along the way.  Keres rarely accompanied him now as she was in charge of maintaining the shop.  This made her anxious for his return and anxious for a beating, and she was overall fine with this arrangement.  Especially since she had to act whenever other players were around.  At the shop she didn't have to act as much.  As Domarus spotted the lowest level boar possible he drew his ax and charged.  The unsuspecting mob tried to retaliate by swinging it's small tusks at him but he cleaved the monster in half before it could and ended the fight.  It was far beneath his level for loot but that wasn't the purpose now was it?  He was seeking experience along with col and if he killed everything he spotted then he would have it.  As he sheathed his ax he wondered how Esther gained all of her experience if she didn't fight.  He was still new to many of the mechanics in the game and therefore didn't know about the different methods.  He would need to ask her about that when he got the chance.  As he thought about Esther he wanted to spend some time with her.  The girl was able to make Domarus comfortable which was nearly impossible nowadays.  Too much planning and scheming to be done that he needed to create plans for.  Plans on top of plans, and backup plans for those.  It wasn't something he hated, it was second nature for him.  However he learned from Esther that sometimes you need a break from even that.  And therefore Esther had slowly become a bigger influence in his life.  He was a bit eager to see her again.

@Esther

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Esther awoke from her slumber. Still on the second floor, still curled up behind the wooden crate. She groaned. Her joints cracked, her back ached, and her head felt like it had been beaten with a sledgehammer - which wasn't too far from the truth. She had been kicked multiple times in the back of the skull by Lycan's boot. Esther still felt horrible. Utterly abhorrent. Still crushed, her mind in a downward self hating spiral. She blamed herself for the ordeal. How could she not? Lycan had literally beaten it into her - Esther lifted her hand up to her face and winced. It was tender, bruised. The pain limiters masked most the pain, but still - she couldn't deny the faint twinge she felt when she touched her bruised face.

Esther carefully pushed herself up. The sun was shining, what time is it? She thought shielding her eyes with her arm as she looked up at the sky. By the suns position, Esther could guess that it was either late morning, or early afternoon - but the two were all too similar. "Darnit..." Esther muttered, noticing the bruise around her wrist. 

Esther frowned. She decided to make her way back down to the first floor; there she should be able to find a place to clean herself up, not that she felt she deserved it. Esther trudged along the 2nd floor, to the teleportation pad, and disappeared. Being whisked off to the 1st floor.

Now on the first floor, Esther continued to very slowly walk forward. She stopped. Feeling sick. "Ugh...." Esther made her way hastily to the nearest, shadowed Alley and allowed herself to slump down against the wall there. "What's the point..." she muttered. Staring at her dirtied hands. Her hair was also a mess,  tangled and unkempt. Tired eyes stared down at the ground. Esther felt utterly broken and defeated.

After a reasonable amount of mob grinding Domarus was satisfied with his progress and decided to head back to town.  Normally he went back to the shop but he needed to daily return in order to keep up his 'knight in shining armor' appearance by checking in on the weak players.  It was essential, very essential, that he appear to be a player who would go out of his way to help others.  The nice guy appearance.  This way most players wouldn't be reluctant to befriend him, making the entire manipulation process much easier.  With a good reputation he could manipulate anyone he wanted.  Well, everyone besides Mari and Esther that is.  Mari because she was able to see right through his disguise and Esther because, well.  He didn't want to.  There was no way he could even.  As he walked through the town gates he wondered how Esther was doing.  He smiled and waved at players walking by and even patted the head of a little player who had gotten stuck in the game.  The kid laughed a little and went around through the town pretending to be an airplane which simply boggled the minds of the npcs who had no idea what an airplane was and just thought he was doing stupid, childish nonsense.  The player caring for the child called out for him but the child did not respond.  Instead the child turned into an alleyway and the player freaked out.  Mentally sighing Domarus told her he would get the child and she thanked him.  Domarus lunged forward, his massive legs taking him far, however the dragon armor was slowing him down just a little bit.  He didn't mind of course it just made the job a little harder.  He entered the alley and watched the kid turn a corner.  When he followed him there he caught up and stopped him, telling the kid he was scaring his mother and how he shouldn't run around in the alleys by himself.  The kid understood and went on his way.  Sighing Domarus continued walking through the alley, thinking that maybe he could get some privacy this way.  When he turned the corner however he spotted the last thing he expected.  His eyes widened as he saw Esther leaning against a wall, her hair unkept and bruises everywhere.  He rushed over and put his arms around her, moving her into a comfortable position against him.

"Esther how- What."  He stopped speaking as he imagined the scene in his mind.  Esther having fun, meet up with new people and try to hang out with them.  Only for them to beat her up senseless.  His jaw tightened.

"Who did this to you Esther?  Tell me who did this to you."  He would ensure they never did such a thing again, whoever it was.  They were going to pay dearly for this.  And Esther's wounds would look like a gift from heaven after he was through with them.

@Esther

Esther had her head down in her knees. She was drifting in and out of consciousness, eyes opening and closing slowly. Every time they closed, she'd see angry flaring, flashing amber orbs - and her body would jolt awake. She didn't see Domarus approach. She simply felt the rush of wind - and the sensation of a strong grip around her. He's come back to finish me... She frantically thought. I was stupid to think this would just be let go, I was stupid to think this would all be ok if I just didn't see him again...oh god.... Esthers breathing grew erratic. Her eyes wild - as though she hadn't actually seen Domarus for who he was yet, still drifting between the world of nightmares she was flung into, and waking reality.

Esther immediately tried to writhe out of Domarus' grip, her voice hoarse, she tried screaming, but it came out as rasped sounds. "P-please don't kill me! Please..." She twisted her body left and right, fingers digging into Domarus' arms. "Please.. I promise I'll leave you alone!"  She continued like this for a few moments before her shaking body gave out on her, she collapsed into his chest with a low moan. "D-don't....Lycan...please....." She mumbled, eyes slowly opening and closing as she struggled to maintain consciousness. 

Domarus watched as Esther seemed to twinge in fear at his touch.  She began breathing much faster and heavier, her eyes wide and wild with horror.  She wasn't seeing him for real.  She was in the realm between the haunting nightmares and the harsh reality.  That was a face Domarus knew all too well.  It was a secret he never even told Keres.  And now Esther was haunted by it too.  Esther desperately tried to escape his gentle arms but he held her softly.  In fact he pulled her into a hug as she fought and fought.  She tried to scream but only rasped sounds escaped her.  He heard her scream in agony, begging him not to kill her.  As she did, attempting to break free and stabbing his arms with her nails, which only succeeded in bringing up the 'immortal object' icon, he spoke softly in her ear, telling her that it was alright that she was safe now.  He stroke her face even as she did all she could to harm him and escape.  As he continued to calm her down she finally collapsed and let out a moan.  His eyes opened with a flash as he now had a name.  Lycan.  So that teenager was the one responsible.  Lycan would pay dearly for this.  He would make the boy tremble before him and beg for mercy by the time he was finished.  He would make him cry like an infant before rendering him unconscious.  Maybe he would take the teen into his little extra and hidden room in his shop for an extra lesson afterwards.  Domarus kept holding Esther in his arms, speaking soft words into her ear before saying one final sentence.

"Your safe now Esther, he can't touch you while I'm here, I care for you too much."  He continued to stroke the girl, deciding to make plans for Lycan at a later date.  Right now he needed to care for Esther.  He knew her mind was fragile right now after the trauma she had been through.  And she might even doubt the trust of each of her friends at this rate.  He needed to prove to her now, more then ever, that he was a true friend to her.  And while he realized this or not he was.  He cared for Esther too much to allow this to happen again.  If she would allow him he would ask to accompany her wherever she desired just to keep her safe as well as provide her company.

@Esther

Esther groggily opened her eyes again, black? Her face was pressed into a warm chest. Her nose wrinkled she could smell a mixture of cinnamon and Brandy, a fiery aromatic aroma that reminded her of sitting beside an open fire late at night. She knew that familiar scent, the sensation of incredible warmth threatening to leak through her skin and bones right to her very core. "D-Domarus....?" She asked, suddenly very aware of her surroundings. The shaking girl pushed her head up and out form his  grip, teary, bloodshot green eyes stare up at his. One of Esthers eyes was bruised, far more bloodshot than the other. She didn't exactly feel it, it was an aesthetic look, 'battle worn' as one might say. Still, it was a grievous sight. "W-what...." She felt her stomach drop, why was he suddenly here? "What are you doing here?" Esther asked.

How much had Domarus heard? How much was Esther thrashing? She blinked, feeling guilty for her uncontrollable outburst. "I..I'm sorry..." She turned her eyes away from his, downcast. She felt as though she didn't deserve to look up at him. Esther carefully loosened her grip away from his arms. She was doing it again. Invading people's personal space. Making a mess of things, being a liar...being a tease...

"I should clean myself up." She muttered, her tone of voice defeated, flat. "Thank you for assisting me, Domarus." 

OOC- managed a post

Domarus felt Esther move slightly and heard her ask his name.  He allowed her to pull away just enough for them to make eye contact and he grimaced as he saw her face in greater detail.  Her bloodshot eyes, the constant streams of tears, all the pain transferred to Domarus as he felt grief for Esther.  This grief could show on his face.  He heard her ask why he was there and he shook his head.

"I'm always on this floor.  I opened my shop and whenever I'm not working I'm fighting monsters or checking the town.  Lycan did this to you?"  Domarus had three lists of people in his book.  The first was potential, or converted followers of his.  The second was friends and allies.  The third was enemies.  Thus far in this world his first list held two potential followers.  The potential followers were Arc and Alisa, who would both be great dps generals.  The second list originally had only six people on it.  The allies were the three council members of the guild he intended to join on a temporary basis until they had nothing to offer him; Jonathan, Itzal and Kasier.  The other two allies were Mari and possibly Macrodon, though he doubted it.  Originally his only friend had been Keres but Esther had managed to slip into the friend side on that list and for that he was very grateful indeed.  However his third list had yet to be filled out.  And now one name had reached that list.  Anyone who made it onto the list would find hell's gates waiting for them and when the gates opened up.  They would seek out death any way they could or submit to Domarus' will.  And the name that had landed on that list was Lycan.  Domarus would make him pay dearly for what he did to Esther.  He was no idiot of course, he'd need to research into Lycan and learn everything about the teenager, his history, personality, build, etc.  Once he had all the information he required then he could set up his trap and spring it.  And once he did the boy would never attempt anything towards Esther, Domarus or his future followers ever again.  In fact, Domarus wondered if the teen's mind could handle the amount of torture he'd put him through.  He shook his head as Esther apologized.

"Esther no, it's not you who has to be sorry.  Unless you attempted to kill him or his friends or family, there is no justification for what he's done to you."  Esther tried to move away from him but he stopped her with a gentle and graceful touch, making her realize that he didn't want her to pull away.  He opened his inventory and was happy to see that the cloth he had soaked by the river was still there and pulled it out.  It wasn't soaked anymore but rather damp.  He brushed Esther's hair out of the way and began to clean away the dirt with the cloth, making her face pretty again as it was meant to be.  As he did so the bruise seemed to be slowly fading away as injuries weren't suppose to remain for long in this game.  The cardinal system usually didn't allow it.

@Esther

Edited by Domarus

The crimson haired man didn't let her move. He held her to the spot, with a gentle grip. He pulled out a cloth and tenderly started to dab at Esther's face. His normally calculating gaze was filled with concern for her. Concern Esther felt she didn't deserve. "He did...but...." Her hands reached out, finding the material of his pants. Esther clutched onto it with a shaking, bruised fist. "I can't blame him..." Esther thought about what Lycan said. How she was just a tease...how she strung people along and played with their hearts. Seeing Domarus dote on her the way he was...it made her feel guilty...it made her feel that maybe, Lycan's harsh words were right. "It's me.The problem is me." She murmured. Her eyes still avoiding his. Esther was afraid, that if she were to look Domarus in the eye, she'd start crying again - and she didn't have the energy for that. She didn't want to do it in front of the man either.

"I can tell you why, why even though I didn't kill anyone, why his actions were completely justified. I just...." She lifted her head to look around the Alley. "I'd rather do it somewhere more comforting. I'm so tired Domarus...I'm just....so..." She leaned forward again. Unwittingly drifting off to sleep, caressed to unconsciousness by his gentle touch, the strong, alluring sound of his voice - and the comforting scent of a roaring fire. Her head pressed into the nape of his neck. Lips lightly grazing his collarbone.

Surely....she could rest, like this - just for a moment. Just until they found a more suitable location - then she'd tell him everything. She'd tell him what a wretched and vile person she was, and if he wanted to leave...she'd let him. She wouldn't make the same mistake of trying to chase after him like she did with Lycan.

Domarus listened to Esther as she confirmed that he had done it and was completely confused by her following words.  He shook his head disagreeing completely with her but he allowed her to finish.  Then she asked if he could take her someplace else and rested her head by his neck.  Domarus stayed there a moment, processing her words.  They were wrong of course and he cursed Lycan for all eternity.  He lifted Esther up gently, keeping her in the position she chose, and made his way out of the town.  As he did other players noticed and gasped, but from what they had seen from Domarus, as well as the pain on his face, made them believe he intended to help the player.  This made his reputation rise quickly, despite that he had no thoughts about his reputation as he led Esther away.  He didn't notice the people running to tell others what they had just seen, or the shady men grinning as they found another player close to Esther.  He passed the gates and glared down at the monsters who had recently learned his wrath and they shied away from him.  He made his way over to the shop and kicked at the door.  It opened up and Keres responded at first with glee that her master was back, and then in shock to see Esther, beaten up in his arms.  Her first thought was that Esther wanted to try and feel the sensation Keres felt but dismissed that immediately and finally arrived at the true conclusion.  She knew Domarus' wrath and she knew that she wanted to be there to see whoever it was be punished.  She moved aside and Domarus went to his room, unlocked it and locked it again once inside.  He sat down in his chair beside the small fireplace.  It was a small and cozy room with a desk, bed, and filed in the desk were lists of plans, targets and other things that were for his eyes only.  Unless Esther looked through them she would not see them.  Esther was still in her comfortable position and he stroked her face, holding her close to him and pulled a glass of water over beside them.  He raised her head so she could drink it.  He knew she needed it.  Afterwards he continued to stroke her and hold her close.

"Esther.  Tell me what Lycan told you.  Tell me his lies.  And I'll tell you the truth."

@Esther

Esther slipped in and out of consciousness, she could feel the cool wind on her face. Hear the cry of nearby mobs - then the bang of a door. All the while she kept her eyes closed. She thought she heard a scuffle, and maybe Keres' voice. Then....silence...she chanced to open her eyes, lifting her head to see that she was in a small room. An inn? No...this was outfitted differently, a shop? Was this Domarus' shop? It looked...cozy, Esther wasn't sure what she expected, seeing his private room - more black and red decor? a Dragon's head mounted on the wall? A bearskin rug? No - Domarus didn't haev any of that. It was simple...warm, peaceful. 

Esther felt Domarus urge her to sit up, and she complied. He held out a glass of water. Esther licked her lips, she was so thirsty. She reached out and grabbed it carefully sipping it. She closed her eyes, letting the cool, refreshing water wash over her. "Thanks." She pushed the glass away, not wanting to drink any more right now. Esther sighed, feeling Domarus gently stroke her face. "You shouldn't do that..." She mumbled, attempting to swat his hand away. 

"Don't you know? I'm nothing but a beguiling tease..." 

Domarus pushed, insisting Esther explain to him what had happened, what Lycan said. Esther took a deep breath. Just what would Domarus think of her? Esther started talking, about how she had met up with Lycan in a field to gather materials, only to have him snap, and accuse her of being Pker bait - how he crushed Evelyns mug - how he soon apologised, and how Esther thought everything was okay. Esther told Domarus about how she and Lycan first met, and how she apparently was under the influence of a potion by some guy named 'Addel' and she had begun to strip - she said that Lycan helped her,  but she made a strange potion that apparently tasted like her lips. 

Esther shook her head. Telling Domarus that Lycan asked for a kiss, and her - being an incredibly open and accepting person, did so - just a peck. Nothing more. That seemed to set him off, he grew cold, distant...he invited her out for coffee and scones afterward. Then...that's when everything happened.

After Esther finished, she went to stand. "So you see Domarus. I really am nothing but a tease. I don't mean to be, I don't mean to tug at peoples hearts. I don't mean to and yet..." She looked up at him, and the pained concerened look he held. "I'm doing it to you too..aren't I? So it's...it's why  I can't...I can't stay..."

Domarus listened to Esther's tale and his face was blank the entire time, except for a temporary frown at Addel's name.  Esther had mentioned the event once before with less detail.  He listened more carefully and refrained from growling as she spoke in detail of what Lycan had said and did.  When she finished she tried to stand and he let her but he kept a gentle hold on her hand.  After a quick moment of silence he stood up and kneeled down to look her eye to eye and raised her head slightly so they were even.

"Don't lower your head Esther.  Never lower your head like that.  Clear your head of the [censored] Lycan told you.  It's all lies.  From what I know and hear Lycan is a paranoid idiot who can't tell apple from orange.  Don't forget that I specialize in manipulation and deceit, so I know it when I see it.  You Esther, do not tease or trick others, and you are certainly not associated with any pk guild in any way.  You have tugged at my heart Esther, yes.  But in a good way.  If it weren't for you the only friend I would ever have would be Keres, and her heart isn't nearly as bright as yours Esther.  My heart is black with experience, truth and cruelty.  Keres is dark in her own way but it's up to her to tell you her own history.  You Esther.  You are the only light that I've ever found myself enjoying.  And I'm not about to let some [censored]head moron end that.  You say your a tease?  I say you are the most loving person I have ever met.  That potion Mari made, that you tested for me?  It forced your true intentions and desires to the surface.  Would someone who wants to help everyone in any way truly do something as dark as what Lycan said?  So do as I say right now, and clear your mind of that, and listen to my words."  He led her back into his lap as he continued to comfort her.

"And you don't need to leave Esther.  I am not hurt by anything other than your injuries.  Stay here as long as you like.  Anytime you need a break or encouraging words come to me.  If you need protection call me.  Or Mari if that suits you.  Don't push yourself away from people now.  Unless you intend to gain followers like I do, that will only lead to misery.  So don't run from everyone.  Run to those you can trust.  And Esther?"  He lifted her head once again and looked at him with shining eyes.  He couldn't believe he was about to say this but it was the truth.

"You are truly, now and forever, my friend." 

@Esther

Domarus told her not to lower her head, but Esther found it difficult not to. He placed two fingers below Esthers chin, forcing him to glance up at him, her eyes weary. Her brow furrowed when he said she had tugged at his heart. "D-Domarus..." She reached out with shaky hands to envelop his cheeks in the palm of her hands. She massaged them, allowing the tips of her fingers to fall up into his hair, brushing his bangs away from his crimson eyes. "Y-you can't say those things...I'm not...as good as you think I am..I don't, I don't know why you hold me in such high regard."

Esther shook her head, pulling her hands down to sit against his collarbones. She listened as Domarus explained the effects of the potion Mari made, how it simply showed that Esther wanted to make everyone happy. Esther had to admit, she found some comfort in his words, in his offer to stay here.

Esther mumbled. Pressing her face into his jacket. "Domarus..." She knew she was weak, she knew she was pathetic for requesting such a thing, but was it so wrong....was it so wrong to be so incredibly selfish for just once in her life? "Please..." Her grip around his shoulders tightened. "If you have anything to stop this ache in my chest...it feels like its breaking...a potion....a trick...anything...please....make it stop...." She whimpered. Lithe arms wrapping tighter around his shoulders as she crawled further onto his lap. Her knees either side of his waist. "Please...use it...." Her voice fell into a whisper.

"Just once...let me be selfish...Do that and just let me stay here..." 

Esther asked how he could hold her in such high regard and he smiled to her.

"I could ask the same of you Esther.  I'm a dark man at times, I'll admit it.  Most would either cower in fear or hate me inside and out if they saw what you had seen and want nothing to do with me.  Being someone as dark as that I can tell you aren't nearly tainted.  You're a good person Esther."  He listened as Esther begged him, to use a potion, a trick, anything that could fool her mind into a calming sensation.  And after she said that she begged him to let her be selfish and stay with him.  He continued to stroke her then paused.  

"No potion can cure this Esther.  In fact it would only make it worse.  However something that isn't an illusion will."  He leaned in and kissed Esther on the cheek, gentle and long enough for her to feel the emotions.  He cared for her.  She was all too precious to just toss aside.  She meant too much to Domarus at this point.  When he pulled away he smiled at her.

"You can stay as long as you want Esther.  If you wanted you could live here.  Do what you need to do, or what you want or feel to do.  Don't hold yourself back.  It's good to be selfish every now and then Esther.  So have at it.  Whatever you want just ask."  He felt it very odd, very odd indeed.  This sort of situation was never the sort Domarus had ever ended up in.  Normally it was he who demanded or requested things from others.  Never before had he told someone to ask of him anything and he would do so.  And yet in this situation he was perfectly fine with it.  In fact he wanted it.  If it healed Esther and made her happy again he didn't mind.  Whatever she chose to ask of him he would give it to her.  However at the same time he refused to let her be harmed again.  He mentally thought about how he would go about with Lycan.  Should he send him a message?  Or should he just surprise him?

@Esther

"WHY?" She almost screamed it at him when Domarus denied her. Her hands balling up into fists. "I don't care about tomorrow, I don't care about an hour away... what's wrong with wanting to escape...just for a little while? What's the difference between that and drinking?" She sounded erratic, and she continued on her tangent. "You'd do it for Keres right? Or someone else? Why would you so willingly use a potion on someone else...but when I ask you deny me!? You deny me the one thing I want right now...to not feel anything..." 

She pressed her head back into his shoulder, sobbing. Clutching at her heart. "It's not fair....it's just not fair..." Esther sniffed, as Domarus told her that it wouldn't help, instead offering something that wasn't an illusion. She could feel his crimson hair, bleeding over the nape of her bare neck like red wine onto a pale carpet, entangling in her own. He exhaled, close to her face, and the scent of cinnamon, and wood, the earthy tones of fire flared up her nostrils. Esther sniffed again, wriggling her nose. Then, Domarus kissed her. Pressing his lips fast to her cheeks. Esther drew in a sharp breath. They felt soft, and - in the typical Domarus fashion, it almost felt like fire itself was pressing itself to her lips. The heat from such a simple action spreading like wildfire. Esther didn't feel like she deserved it, but...it had done its job. It quietened her down. At least for a little while.

He insisted, whatever she wanted - to just ask. "How about...that drinking contest?" Esther asked, glancing up at him.

Domarus listened as Esther asked for a drinking contest.  He thought the request a little odd but from what she said earlier he could understand to a point.  He nodded to her, brushing her hair away again before rising.  He unlocked the door and called to Keres.

"Yes master?"

"Keres fetch the alcoholic drinks.  All of it."

"Yes master, right away."  Domarus turned to Esther.

"It will be a moment.  And no I would not let Keres do something like that.  She couldn't hold her liquor if it was the last thing on earth.  However if you truly want to drink some so be it.  I can't really get drunk at all as I've built up an immunity to it in the real world but I don't mind drinking with you.  Or entering a hopeless competition," he added with a wink.  Keres brought the large bottle and two small glasses and Domarus gestured for her to leave.  Keres bowed slightly to the two of them before walking away.  Domarus closed the door and locked it once again.  He walked over to Esther and dragged a small table behind him, placing it between the two seats.  He poured the two glasses.

"This should last us about one hundred glasses each I guess.  I can start us off."  There was no point in showing off to anyone by downing it and puffing out his chest as it had no effect on him.  She knew he was immune.  He let the fiery liquid slip down his throat, the fire igniting inside him.  It didn't burn him.  It was more of an emotional ignite.  He sighed as he finished it and turned to Esther.

"It's not the best medicine but I suppose it can be used for some issues.  I don't recommend it but if you ask I'll give it."

@Esther

Esther almost seemed relieved as Domarus reluctantly agreed to the drinking contest. Esther assumed they'd head to a bar, or an inn - but to her surprise. Domarus had called to Keres. The young girl entered, and Esther glanced up at her apologetically. Keres probably heard Esther bawling her eyes out and screaming earlier. It was...embarrassing to say the least.  Domarus' other friend quickly left again. Esther still didn't understand the dynamic between the two, but she had learned not to question it. She learned to deal with it, seeing that Keres looked genuinely happy in her predicament. 

Esther bit her tongue, she knew, and Domarus knew, that she couldn't hold her liquor. She was only doing this because he denied her initial request to use a potion. Esther couldn't waltz to Mari and ask for one herself. That'd be too suspicious. Domarus offered Esther a joke, followed by a wink. "Just as hopeless as the one I forced you into." Esther mused. "Don't you still owe me my prize?" Esther questioned. Trying to recall if she ever redeemed her 'favor' from him.

Domarus poured the glasses, Esther picked her own up, and downed the entire glass. Slamming it on the table. It instantly warmed her stomach, and burned her throat. The woman winced. "Ugh...what is this..." She questioned, signalling to Domarus to fill her glass up again.

Domarus raised an eyebrow with a grin when she mentioned a favor.

"While I don't seem to recall our agreeing to that I suppose it would only be fair.  Very well then.  Even though I've already made it clear that you simply need to ask any time for anything that I would give it to you, I'll go ahead and accept that debt."  He chuckled afterward and watched Esther grimaced when she downed the glass.  He should have warned her not to otherwise the burning sensation would be worse.  Then she asked what the stuff was and he chuckled again as he re filled their glasses.

"Well to be quite honest, beer, whisky, all those alcoholic drinks don't exactly taste the best.  And if you drink it slower the burning doesn't hurt as much.  This isn't the best drink in the game but hopefully that will change soon enough.  I can't spend all my col as of right now.  I'm saving up for something big."  He was finally glad to have a conversation he was comfortable with whilst drinking with someone.  Normally he used these things to get his target drunk and subtly interrogate them while acting like he was drunk himself.  When in reality he wasn't.  It was nice to just talk and drink with someone for a change.  And when she became drunk, as she inevitably would, he would take care for her until she fell asleep and would let her sleep on his bed.  The npc who gave him the whisky had also given him a potion that cleared hangovers so he could give Esther that the moment she woke up.  Hopefully Esther would be much better when she did, both physically, emotionally, and mentally.

Keres sat down behind the counter to think.  She was growing more and more jealous of Esther but she was realizing now that she had no reason to be.  Keres liked Domarus but not in a lovey way.  She smiled and hoped that Domarus found his love and that the two would let her be their servant.  She truly enjoyed calling Esther mistress.  It felt right.

@Esther

Esther quickly downed the second glass, not caring for the burning sensation. She coughed. Daintily covering her mouth as she did so. Esther didn't care about the burning, she didn't care about hangovers, she didn't care about her actions or how childish and pathetic she seemed. She just wanted to forget everything, and get drunk. Domarus mentioned it was whisky. Esther slouched forward. Edging the glass toward him again. "Eurgh...so I just downed what....4...5 shots worth of drink then?" She paused, "Good. More please." Esther pushed the cup further toward Domarus, but when the cup was pushed out of her reach Esther sighed. "Ahh, funkernickle...." Even as the effects of alcohol began to take place, she didn't swear - always replacing her cuss words with strange, sometimes made up alternatives. 

Esther grabbed the glass, and pushed herself up and out of her seat. She took a few steps, and plonked herself at Domarus' feet. Esther draped herself over his leg. This time pushing the glass into his chest. "More please." As he took her glass Esther mad herself more comfortable, curling herself up and around his leg. "Saving....what are you saving up for Domarus? a House? You gonna start a guild and get a giant guild hall?"

Domarus mentioned the favour and Esther nodded, "Yes. I'll ask you that favour..." She muttered. The effects of the alcohol were quickly creeping up on her. Esther knew this, she could feel it happening, but that is exactly what she wanted. The dull sensation of alcohol buzzing around in her head - and the warmth of it resting in her stomach.

Domarus watched her eagerly push her glass towards him and nearly chuckled when she failed to curse.  He lifted an eyebrow with a humorous smile.

"Funkernickle?  I'm going to have to remember that one."  He watched as the girl attempted and failed to stand up and bring the glass to him.  Well, half failed.  She pressed the glass into his chest but she was lying on the ground when she did.  He took the glass and felt her press herself against him.  As he filled the glass he heard her question and sighed as he handed the glass to her.

"While I would love to shoot for a mansion first, comfort cannot be my first goal.  I heard about unique skills popping up every now and then but the rumor's are costly.  No doubt there will be more at some point and I want to get my hands on one.  Preferably one that allows me to deal more damage.  With that I shouldn't have much to worry about and I can then save up for a mansion, guild hall etc.  And, yes I plan on replacing this whisky as soon as I can to something more...  Enjoyable."  He slowly drained his glass and looked down to Esther who was beginning to get drunk.  He understood why she was doing it, as it was a big reason most people had alcohol.  To forget the pain.  To feel nothing.  It would only last so long however and he knew it.  He would be there for when she woke up in case the alcohols effects weren't enough.  If she showed signs of addiction however he would warn her against it and try to persuade her to ease up on it.  He didn't mind her constant downing it right now of course as she was eager to forget, but still.

@Esther

Esther grinned, as she was handed back a full cup, another 3 shots of whiskey at least. She swirled it in her hand, before downing half of it. Choosing this time not to drink the entire glass. Esther reached up and carefully placed the glass on the table, pushing it far enough away from the edge so it wouldn't topple over. Her head began to swim, good she thought to herself. Her eyes blinked haphazardly, and slowly. "mmm...I don't like swearing." Esther mused as Domarus questioned her choice of words. "Heh. You'd think I was a child for it, I just - never saw the point in it." Esther shifted, letting go of his leg. She yawned - opening up her HUD, and lazily scrolling to her sleepwear. In a quick flash, she was wearing a light, off white silken night gown. It dropped down in a V-neck, and had thick straps that draped over her shoulders. It was long enough to reach just above her knees. It wasn't exactly the most modest of sleepwear - but it wasn't risque' either. It was comfortable, everything about it screamed Esther. The practicality of it, the light color - even the small, purple bow that adorned the bottom of the V-neck. 

"So you want Col for strength?" Esther asked, "I can help with that. I'll give you the Col I make from my shop." She offered him a smile. "It's not like rrrrr I errr need it anyway." Esther offered him a wink. "With my help, you'll have so much Col and Materials, you won't know what to do with it." She paused, pushing herself up to stand. Esther picked up the glass and finished the last half of it. The sudden motion caused her to falter, and she stepped back - landing in Domarus' lap. 

"I don't get it..." She mumbled. Despite not being very comfortable, having two people on the one chair - Esther didn't move. "You're like a fire." She grabbed his free arm, dragging it across her mid section so she could bring his wrist to her nose. She inhaled. "You smell like...a bonfire, in the middle of winter, almost like cinnamon...and your body - it practically oozes warmth. You're like a portable heater. Then you have that red hair, and eyes. Is it something you planned?"