{PP-F1} The Will to Dominate, and the Will to Rise -Hakai and Myself-

Domarus was not in the town today.  He was taking a break from all the acting, the fooling, the pretense.  At a moment's notice he could easily set that up and appear like a knight in shining armor at any time he wanted, but he had come to this darkened area that players chose to avoid in order to do as he wished.  Keres followed closely behind him as they made their way to the area.  It was on the other side of the map and thus it was a long way to walk.  Domarus' black two handed battle ax pulsed a dark red glow from the blade, hanging on his back over his dragon bone armor.  He was still waiting for Macrodon to finish his set of armor.  It was to be a black suit of armor, thick and intimidating, glowing just as his ax did.  The armor was made up of two parts:  The overall armor and the gauntlets.  The armor would have three MIT buffs while the gauntlets had two thorns and one regeneration.  It would become extremely difficult for others to take him down and that was his goal.  However there was one thing he wanted to get to ensure his rise:  A unique skill.  He had heard about them and how expensive they were.  However with the help Esther offered him, his shop which would hopefully produce more customers soon, as well as mob grinding, dungeon grinding, etc. would gain him the one hundred and fifty thousand col he needed.  When he gathered the col he aimed for getting a damage based unique.  If he couldn't get his hands on anything combat related that suited his needs he would wait until someone with a unique died.  It would be inevitable.

@Hakai

Pkers often hid around here. It was certainly a good spot, and the fact that there was a miniature field boss that liked to spawn always seemed to keep the lower level players away. The best part was that once that boss was killed it wouldnt respawn as long as a p[layer was in the vicinity. This darkened area of the fourth floor always seemed to be overcast and on the verge of raining, but it never happened. She glanced around at the rocks and the cave that she had just been inspecting. It wouldnt be long before the boss came out. It wouldnt be a hard fight. The rock giant likely wouldnt be strong enough to even give her loot, although it's massive damage was enough to make even her nervous. As she continued to wait however, no giant appeared. She frowned and gripped her katana in one hand. Someone must have come through here before her. She slowly sheathed the black and green bladed katana. She had had emotion boiling inside her for so long, she had been looking forward to decimating a field boss. She had been spending so much time with Rin and to tell the truth, the girl was quite annoying despite being so cute. She was too shy and to dependent on others. She would be useful though, if Hakai could manage to keep that anger inside of herself. The woman was one of the premiere material gatherers in the game at this point in time, excluding Davros who wasnt even doing that sort of thing anymore. She sat down on a rock and adjusted the collar on her neck. It was a symbol of submission, although few would guess that it actually symbolized her own submission to herself, and a reminder that she was in complete control of herself.

Equipped:

Manaei's Breastplate: +3 EVA

Chainmail Armor: +27 Mitigation

Limbo's Fang: +2 Blight, +2 Envenom

Hakai: 440/440 HP 44/44 EN

Edited by Hakai

Domarus approached the area in which he might get some peace and quiet.  He heard there was a fairly strong boss that would spawn here but if it was too much for Domarus he could simply avoid it.  Although it didn't make much sense to have a powerful boss on the first floor that the lower levels couldn't handle, he accepted it as a fact and took it into account whenever he travelled.  Keres was unafraid as they walked through the dark area.  Domarus was nowhere near foolish and he wouldn't take her somewhere she couldn't escape from.  Thus she followed him dutifully.  Domarus turned around a corner and spotted something.  Or he should say someone.  There was a player with chainmail armor and a breastplate as their outfit, with the hilt of a katana protruding out of her sheath.  A collar sat around her neck.  He cocked an eyebrow as Esther also wore a collar.  She told Domarus it was because she enjoys the comfort and also because Mari had told her to wear it if she were to be with her.  The reason for demanding it was to shoo Esther away but she quickly accepted it and enjoyed the collar.  However this player seemed to be the opposite of Esther and he wondered what her own reasons for the vanity item were.  As he looked at her he wondered if she would be a customer interested in a tattoo.  He had recently made his first one for Alisa, a player he intended to add into his ranks and ever since he had no other customers.  Keres spotted the woman too and when she saw the collar she grinned.  Domarus looked around at the area and realized that this was where the boss was rumored to spawn.  With this information he approached the player.

"Either your here like I am to take a break from the world and just get some peace and quiet, or your a more higher level player power leveling or simply bored."

@Hakai

"Your statements contradict themselves." She stated passively, not bothering to look at the newcomers. "I doubt that there are many places where one could find peace and quiet, and a way to avoid being bored." She unsheathed her katana, the blade making a vicious hissing noise as she unsheathed it. She didnt look up, but she was paying attention all the same, mainly to how the man would react to her unsheathed weapon. She thumbed the blade with her finger, looking as though she were concentrating deeply. There was no purpose to the action. She just needed a reason not to pay any mind to the other player. She was curious as to how he would react to being almost completely ignored. She sat down on a nearby boulder, sitting in a very relaxed way before giving her sword a few practice slashes through the air before finally speaking. "Judging from what you said, your either here to take a break from the world, or your simply bored." She had little doubt that his statement from earlier contained his reason for being there.

Domarus watched as the woman drew her weapon but he wasn't concerned.  He was willing to bet he could draw his ax and block her attack faster than she could charge towards him.  He heard her statements and simply shrugged.

"As for contradictory, I did place the word or in that sentence.  That you were either here to get some peace or to get some action because you were bored.  So no, they did not contradict as they were opposites and separated.  And as for my reasons I need a break from what I do.  It can be tiresome and very irritating to be around others, thus I seek solitude."  His eyes watched her movements and could tell that she was skilled with the katana.  From the information he collected, that meant that she had grand mastered the selected tool.  However something about her actions told him that she had no intention of killing.  Or, at least not right now.  The way she swung her blade around was graceful, yet cruel in it's own way.  And although he had yet to see her eyes, he was certain the same could be said there.  She wasn't a pker, but she had the potential to become one.  If she did and he ever needed someone eliminated....  Perhaps an assassin could be useful.  He doubted and hoped he wouldn't need one but he knew more than anyone else that it paid to be prepared.  And oh did he prepare.  He would always create plans for hundreds of scenarios, plans for those as backups as well.  He never let a situation grow out of his control.  He was always the one pulling the strings.  Nothing escaped his notice that wasn't turned into a pawn to his games.  And this player had just so happened to end up in his path.  Fate worked in mysterious and humorous ways.

Keres stood there watching the exchange.  She was surprised Domarus was taking the player's attitude so calmly but then again, she recalled that this was how he was after he'd kept up a pretense for weeks at a time.  It kind of stayed on whenever any player emerged.  It was never up when it was just Domarus and Keres of course, she enjoyed his darker side.  However this player she knew might not agree.  Thus, Keres would probably have to wait until they returned home for Domarus to beat her down.

@Hakai

She would let him think that he was right. She knew his type, he wouldnt back down. The implication of his words had been that this place was one where you came if your were bored and one that you came to if you wanted peace and quiet. That didnt match up. She sheathed her weapon with one hand and stood up, bothering to look the player over. He was a low level. She doubted that he could take the boss on by himself, so it was lucky that it had already been defeated. She didnt know where this confidence came from. Normally low level players were naive crybabies who could barely do anything on their own. Only time would tell if this man was the same. In this world stats and allies were everything, and she could pride herself on both. That made her strong and influential for as long as this game existed. She looked him over again. Something about his attitude and way of standing seemed familiar in a very off putting way. She frowned and started to walk away. "I'll leave you and your pet to your solitude."

Keres listened to the woman's words.  She listened and she wanted to make a comment so badly.  She was an expert in annoying, embarrassing, or ticking others off and she enjoyed it when it worked.  When the woman began to walk away she couldn't help herself.

"My apologies Mistress!  If this was a 'special spot' of yours for your own private doings then we can leave if you want," she finished with a smirk.  Domarus would have struck her right then and there for that rude and twisted reply but he was still unsure how the player would respond to acts of violence towards another player.  It could be that she was pretending, playing dangerous to get him to leave.  Or she could actually be as cruel as Domarus was.  Domarus was a punishing man, knowledgable in how to torture someone, both mentally and physically, and while he didn't really torture others, he would give them a beating they would never forget.  However in this world pain was dampened by the system.  Fortunately for Domarus, Mari had made him a very special potion that removes the dampeners for a short period of time.  He knew that if he used this potion on someone, even if they're stats were huge, the pain would most likely cripple them and they would be at his feet.  For players whom he didn't need to use the potion against, he simply learned about them while he manipulated them, getting to know their personality and history, and therefore could make his manipulation much more effective.  This player seemed to be the 'I'm high and mighty, because I'm so strong I don't care what you think' kind of player.  While Domarus was similar in the sense that he intended to be invincible in the future, he never let his guard down.  Every player, every monster, he kept an eye on them all.  And now he would need to see this woman's response to Keres' comment.

@Hakai

Hakai turned around slowly and faced the woman, a neutral expression on her face. She wasnt at all bothered by what the woman had said, but she still felt obligated to say something. "Words are some of the strongest weapons we have in this game. They can be used to cause pain, give pleasure, or to inspire loyalty or hatred. The important thing to remember is that while sticks and stones might break bones, but words dont." She smiled. "Be careful how you use them." She turned to the man, feeling obligated to warn him. "This is a  well known pker spot. The boss is already dead, and it was before I got here, meaning that someone was just here.Whether or not they happen to be a player killer, I'd watch out." She didnt make a move to leave again however, instead waiting for a response. The girl was entertaining, but the man seemed to be a bit too close in personality to her. She didnt like it.

Keres' face went neutral as she didn't get the response she had desired from the woman.  Obviously she wouldn't be having any fun today.  However at the mention of pkers she decided that Domarus would take it from here.  He was clever and cunning, never allowing anything to go wrong.

Domarus listened to the player's words and gave off a small smile.  It showed no emotion other than satisfaction at her words.  At least she knew to some degree how powerful words could be.  She understood that they could either make bonds or break them, or stir up love or hatred.  However he knew far more capabilities.  If completely mastered, and with perfected timing, a simple discussion could turn an innocent player into someone as dark as Domarus.  However it was more than just mastery over the tongue.  You needed the target's history, personality, likes and dislikes, reasoning behind their morals.  You needed to summarize them, get the general idea of their thoughts.  Once Domarus had that he could set up the scenario that would change their fate.  This was something he was doing with a girl named Alisa.  She was so naive, so innocent, so weak, and so ever trusting.  He intended to help both her and himself by breaking her emotionally by using a potion.  When she was in a depressive state Domarus would push her the rest of the way, leaving her completely and utterly broken.  After which he would take the remnants and, with a few select sentences, suddenly forge her anew as a strong and trustworthy warrior to act as his general.  He needed four for his goals to succeed.  A dps, a tank, a scout and a healer.  Alisa would be his scout and he had his eyes set on Arc as a DPS.  Arc however would take much more time than he'd need for Alisa.

"Well then, at least your not a novice when it comes to the truth behind words.  A pker place you say?  Well," he said as his thoughts traveled to a specific potion that sat in his inventory.  It was one of Mari's creations that turned off the pain dampener.  He doubted there would be a pk guild here so it would most likely be a single pker.  With only one target he could easily pin him down and force the potion down his throat.  Once the player began feeling pain, Domarus doubted he would have any courage left.  Then all that was left was to teach him a lesson.

"They'll find more than they bargained for.  By the time I'm done with them, regardless of their level, they'll spread the word to avoid me.  Heh heh."

@Hakai

Hakai raised an eyebrow. "I feel like you would have a bit more trouble than you anticipate. Most pkers arent going to be wimps that you can scare into backing down. Player killers are murderers, plain and simple, and ones that are still alive are probably a lot more hardened than you expect." She shrugged. "But if you have faith in whatever trump card your holding I wont try to convince you otherwise. Confidence goes a long way." She let out a short laugh. "Too much gets you into fights though. I remember before this game, I was always breaking faces and coming home with with cuts, bruises, and broken arms. In fact, in the real world..." She paused and rubbed her left arm. "I have a scar all the way from my wrist to my elbow. I fancied myself a knife fighter." She smirked. "Maybe I wasnt actually a very good knife fighter, but I think my scar looks a lot cooler than the crooked nose I gave him." She stopped, wondering if she should really be giving background information to a stranger. She doubted it would matter. She was actually considering eliminating him here and now. As she had the thought her hand trailed down to tap the pommel of her katana with indecision.

Domarus listened to her lecture on confidence and then listened as she went on to talk about how she ended up in many fights getting cuts, broken bones and bruises.  Domarus grinned slightly.

"In the real world nobody would dare attempt to fight me, save for once.  That was in school when the bullies saw how popular I was becoming and tried to take me on together.  What they didn't realize was not only did I know how to fight properly, but I also had, allies in the school.  With my size, strength and skills, as well as their numbers it was the bullies who left with broken bones and bruises.  Ever since they feared and respected me.  Just as it was meant to be.  The same thing will happen in this world.  It will simply be a little more time consuming is all."  Then Domarus saw the woman's hand begin dropping to the hilt of her sword and his hand moved like lightning, summoning the potion from his inventory, materializing on his belt loop and hanging at his right side.  He let his own hand hover above it.

"Don't try it.  You make an attempt and you'll regret having been born."  Most people would think this statement empty and cliche, ignoring it completely.  However his eyes made the clear point:  She could charge at him, but he knew how to disarm others.  He was certain that he had a pretty good chance at stopping the attack and forcing the liquid down her throat, therefore activating her doom.  Once the liquid was down her throat and the effect began sinking in he'd simply toss her weapon away before drastically changing her mind on attacking him again.

"I will not tell you it's contents, but I will tell you that you don't want to find out."  

The moment Domarus pulled out the potion Keres jumped backward, staying out of harms way.  She wasn't scared but she wasn't about to throw her life away either.  Besides, if the player did decide to charge, Keres wanted a good view for the show that would follow.  Keres enjoyed being beaten, but she had never actually seen Domarus do it to someone else.  The thought made her a bit giddy.

@Hakai

She smirked as he materialized a potion, making a threat with his hand. She continued to tap at her pommel... "Your really forcing me into a corner here. I'm not afraid of your potion, as I doubt your fast enough to catch me, but if I dont do anything i'll give the impression that i'm weak." She wondered if that was his plan all along. "Hmmm... But if i'll regret having been born I doubt that you would kill me." She paused once more, unsure of how to continue. She looked over at the woman. She had jumped away for whatever reason. He probably wasnt bluffing. "I really only see this going a few ways, and none are very pleasant." She wasnt used to being so indecisive, and she was actually starting to get a bit angry, although she hid it very well. She took her hand off of her katana, not wanting to go orange just yet. She wasnt done playing with Rin just yet.

Domarus watched her eyes and saw the tiny glint of murderous intention leave her eyes and moved his hand away from the potion, however he left it hanging there.  Once the intention is revealed it can always resurfaced.  He heard her state her indecisiveness and shrugged.  He was never indecisive.  He had plans and backups for everything, even backups for the backup plans.  Indecisiveness was never an issue for him.  

"I have no intention to fight you whatsoever, so count that out.  I suppose the only options here are a few.  You could attempt to attack me and regret it, though it seems your smart enough to avoid that as of now.  You could leave.  Or we could have a little chat.  You look like you've got a fire in your eyes.  That's something that interests me.  But what I want to know is, a fire for what?  If you tell me a little about yourself, including your goals for Aincrad, then I will share mine.  Whatever we tell each other stays here, and neither of us will attempt to cross one another in the future.  That sound suitable?  Or would you rather walk away.  I don't care which you choose."  In truth he did care to some extent.  He was interested in how this player could help further his own goals and if she were willing.  It was clear she was brutal, which made it all the more necessary to have her close by.  The more dangerous the individual, the closer you want to keep them, to both keep an eye on them, and to keep them in line.  She also seemed to have some experience in this world, and seemed extremely skilled with the blade.  therefore she might make a good fighting follower if she were willing.  Not a general, he already had a player in mind for that:  Arc.  Arc was a powerful player, and his ideals would make it easy for Domarus to manipulate him into his own services.  Another general was going to be Alisa, an ignorant and naive girl whom he intended on emotionally breaking, then reforging into a strong woman who would follow him loyally.  She was going for a scout build and he needed this as well as a tank general, and a healer general.  If he joined this Celestial Ascendants guild then he would have a great chance at finding more followers.  Keres frowned slightly as she had hoped for a display of Domarus cruelty from a different perspective but recovered quickly and smiled.

@Hakai

"We could have a chat. But if you plan to do something that interferes with what I want I will cross you." She stated. "I simply want to finish this game. I dont like being under Kayaba's control. And because of that I dont believe in killing other players unless its necessary. At the end of the game im pretty sure that we'll need all of the players that we can get." She looked at him, anticipating a question about why she had considered attacking him. Still, if he was as dangerous and intelligent as she suspected, he would already know the answer to that. She caught the frown on the woman's face and frowned herself. She was finding the woman less and less entertaining. "So what about you. What do you feel your purpose is in this game?" She would probably be fine with whatever his goal was as long as it didnt interfere with her directly or the few people she cared about, just because of the time she had put into molding those people.

Domarus couldn't help but chuckle when she talked about crossing him if his plans interfered with her own.  Little did she know that if she crossed him, she'd be crossing a literal small army given enough time.  She talked about being under Kayaba's control and hating it.  When she spoke of not believing in killing players unless necessary he cocked an eyebrow but said nothing.  It was quite possible she saw him as a possible threat and thus questioned whether she should remove him then and there.

"Very well.  Let's chat."  He didn't remove the potion from his hip however, seeing as how the woman still had her sword sheath hanging on her as well.  Only if she chose to remove that would he remove the potion entirely.  Caution and precaution, defenses, all of this was useful and kept him alive in the real world.  Then he heard the question directed to Keres and he knew she would answer semi truthfully, telling her half the truth.  Keres smiled.

"In the real world I hated my parents.  They spoiled me and if I got the tiniest cut they acted like I lost a limb.  They were disgusting.  I hated being babied like that.  When I found Domarus I begged him to make me his servant.  After nearly a day of doing so he finally agreed and here I am."  Domarus nodded.  The woman was speaking truthfully so the player opposite of them would know this.  However what Keres left out was that she was bullied at school for a time and enjoyed the pain she received.  Her request to Domarus also involved daily beatings, which he still gave today.  Domarus sat down on a large rock opposite to the woman.

"Seeing as how I'm the lower level here I guess I'll introduce myself first.  My name is Domarus and this is Keres.  A pleasure to meet you miss."

@Hakai

She nodded to the woman. She was a weird one, but she also reminded Hakai a little bit of Sierra. They were both certainly submissive to their respective leaders. "I'm Hakai. I wouldnt say that it's a pleasure meeting you." She didnt particularly like him. She was pretty certain that he was very dangerous, and although he was a lower level than her she had no doubt that he had plenty of tricks up his sleeve. She leaned against a boulder , not taking her eyes off the two of them but also listening for any other footsteps that might be approaching. Domarus probably wasnt the only danger around here, especially with the strange absence of the boss. "So, let me guess. You want to gather an army of players and control this world." She said with a smirk, attempting to make a joke. Not that that would be a bad idea by any means. She couldn't see why she shouldnt pursue that herself. 

Domarus chuckled when she mentioned how it wasn't a pleasure meeting him.

"Obviously you don't like having all your options open.  I like to see everyone as an option, a chance for something.  I never rule anyone out, even if they are my enemy.  You might want to take that into consideration."  He watched as the woman leaned against the boulder and joked, nearly accurately, about what his goals might be.  He looked at her with curiosity, wondering how she would react if he told her the truth.  However they were on a truce and promised to share each other's goals.  He may be a manipulator, deceptive, and cruel, but he kept his word.

"Well, believe it or not you were close.  I intend to duplicate what I have done in the real world.  My plan is to manipulate others into my services, becoming either one out of four of my generals, a follower, or simply an ally of mine.  I also seek to become the strongest damage dealer in Aincrad and be an essential help to the frontlines, in order to make me too vital and important to dispose of.  This position, plus the followers and allies I gain, will put me in a position where I can do much more that I please.  I won't share my real life story however unless you share yours.  I already have two potential generals, one or two potential followers, and I already have the player Mari and Esther as my allies, so I already have a good foothold in my plans.  And I've only just started.  I never enter a situation until I have plans, and plans to back those up.  I think of every outcome, of every situation.  I very much doubt I'll fail.  And the best part about all of this?  I already have power in the real world when I get home.  Not to mention I can use the SAO event to rise my status even further."  He paused to see how Hakai would respond to all of this and as he did so, Keres opened up her inventory, wanting to do more servant stuff, and pulled out a platter of beverages.  She walked over to Domarus first and he picked up the bottle of whiskey and poured it in his glass before allowing her to take the platter over to Hakai.  

"I've shared my goals.  Now you share yours Hakai."

OOC- the second beverage is whatever Hakai enjoys drinking

@Hakai

"I already told you my goal. I suppose you didn't understand the extent that I meant it. I like this world and I like how everything is equal opportunity, at least for the most part. I don't like being under Kayaba's control though, and that's my number one goal. I want out." She thought for a moment and then smirked. "There used to be a frontliner just like you. She wanted to manipulate everyone into being her allies. In fact, most frontliner nowadays still owe her some type of debt. She never called any of them in though, and she never actually manipulated anyone. That because despite what she said, she was too soft hearted for it." She paused. "You plan to do something to much more of an extent than she did, but I want to know if you have the dedication and will required." She had no doubt that he had the hard heart to achieve his goal, but determination was another thing entirely. She waved Keres away, not really wanting anything to drink and not really trusting Domarus either.

Domarus listened to Hakai talk about having the surprisingly cliche goal to escape the game, though her reasoning was different than most others.  He had to agree about not like being controlled however he doubted Kayaba was controlling anything other than whether they could leave or not.  Domarus doubted Kayaba wanted to just sit there and run everything.  Most likely he would be interacting in the game somewhere but Domarus honestly didn't care.  He listened to Hakai talk about a player who wanted to manipulate others to become her allies and questioned his determination and will.  He smiled to her challenge.

"I could tell you the story of how I rose to power in the real world, but I'd rather keep some of my own secrets.  Suffice it to say that my goals for this world I have already done at least five other times in the real world.  This is normal work for me by this point.  My desire for power and invincibility, to be in a position where others can't touch me, to be able to punish those who fight me.  I have had this in the real world and I will continue to pursue it.  And nothing will stop me.  Out of curiosity, who was this player you mentioned?"  Domarus wanted to know who this player was.  He wanted to know the names of all players and have a face and personality to match it.  When he had allies, followers or enemies, he wished to know everything about them, as it gave him an advantage over them.  Keres shrugged when Hakai refused the offer and walked back over to Domarus, who then took the very drink they offered and began drinking out of that.  If she chose to distrust him he not only understood but he didn't really care as long as she didn't get in his way.

@Hakai

"Maybe your fated to achieve your goals multiple times, or maybe youve just been lucky and gotten the right people on your side." She shrugged. She didnt care. His goals weren't likely to coincide with hers, although it was quite likely that they would cross paths again and that him and his allies would get in her way somehow. She had no intention of getting caught up in his goals, and she certainly didnt plan to join him in his cause. She wasnt going to hinder him either though. She thought back to Rin. The girl still needed to be taught a bit more, but it wouldnt be long until she was working alongside Hakai. She preferred a more emotional sort of manipulation. She wondered if Domarus was in the habit of manipulating people into being his followers as well. She didn't doubt it. She looked up at him. "I'll get out of your way. To state it clearly, I have no intention of getting involved with you or the group you plan to create. However.... I do know some people. If you want some ideas for potential recruits you can stop by my shop sometime in the future." She sent him a friend request along with a message giving him the address of her shop. "I'll leave you to whatever you were planning to do before we met." She stated before starting to walk away, back towards the town.

Edited by Hakai