[PP-F3] Another quick level grind <Itzal and Beatbox> <<Searching for the Hoya>>

Itzal had heard of a very easy quest that gave plenty of experience points.  Thus he once again messaged his friend Beatbox in hopes that they could take it on.  He heard that it involved minotuars and wasn't sure what the stats were.  Hopefully this would be a bit harder than the stupid shark that they completely and mercilessly destroyed.  Itzal sighed as he equipped Niger Natio, which he only wore during battles at this point, and left the hood and mouthpiece down.  Ascendant's Rosario sat on his left hip ready for use as usual and Oblivion ring rested on his left hand.  He was sitting on the porch of his shop while waiting for Beatbox.  At this point his shop was dead.  He had no customers and he couldn't bother wasting more materials while his crafted items just sat in the display case doing nothing at all.  He heard about a rumor that professions would update, which he thought was long since due, but until then he had nowhere to go.  Thus the shop became more of a home than a shop.  The fire crackled and sparked as he waited for Beatbox, providing warmth to him.  Itzal wondered where this minotaur was and how difficult it would be to defeat it.  He hoped it would be a better challenge than usual...

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox was getting some sleep in his... well more of a home rather than a shop at this point. He didn't like his profession and he didn't really want to bother wasting his materials making things that honestly just sit around and don't get used, or will never get bought. But he figured "Hey, since I can't buy a home just yet and its technically mine... its still a roof over my head instead of sleeping outside all the time, so it cant be that bad." and its not too bad, but it bugs him how something given to him that's a roof gives him the protection he wanted, it was weird to him. He received a message from Itzal about some more bosses that were heard of on floor 3, "Well... it's EXP, it might just be not that powerful just like the shark was... but hey, free EXP... not complaining really." he said to himself as he went into his inventory and equipped his Light Armor "Legion's Protector", his necklace "The Sun's Blessing", and of course his sword "Sword of Legion". He walked out of his store to see Itzal waiting on the porch, Beatbox stretched his arms upward and yawned saying "Hey, @Itzal What's up?"

Itzal watched as Beatbox approached and he smiled at his friend before getting up.  "Nothing much.  I was going to accept the quest but I decided to wait for you is all.  Now that your here we could go ahead and get started."  He pulled up the list of available quests, pulled up the Search for the Hoya quest, and hit accept.  Surprisingly it gave him the exact coordinates.  It was inside the forest on this floor.  He had only been there once before and that was with Teayre.  He could still hear the screams echoing through the forest.  He shook his head to clear the memory.  It wouldn't be as bad without the murderous player with him.  "Odd.  It says the search for the hoya but gives the location of the quest.  Maybe we need to search for the bosses?  We won't know unless we find out.  I've been to that forest once before...  Although it was with an unsavory player.  I just hope I don't run into her again.  At least until the front lines, it will be inevitable at that point."  Itzal sighed and showed Beat the destination on the map before heading in that direction.  "So how's it been Beat?  Anything happening recently?  And I noticed you and Alisa are hanging out a lot.  You guys working together to level grind?"

@Beatbox

He yawned again after hearing him talk for a bit, "a quest huh? hopefully its a little more challenging than the shark we fought the other day, it wasn't that bad." he said with a look of disappointment on his face. "Oh yeah!" he said as he had an exstatic look on his face. He whistled and a Red Fox ran up behind Beatbox and jumped on his shoulder looking at Itzal with confusion and wonder as he also sniffed the area around him. "This..." he said as he patted his new familiar "... is Ocarina, my new fox!" he said with a smile. "This familiar this time around has some bonuses other than just having a friend around, although I have been treating Ocarina the same as I did Audio." he patted his familiar one more time. "Well, they are Minotaurs you said, I don't think they are that hard to find." he said with a giggle "Plus they guard a the gateway to a tomb... so I don't think they will be too hard to spot." He followed behind Itzal and heard what he had to say before giggling and said "Eh, its been. I have been mostly catching up on my sleep... like I always do. And... yeah, we are just two peas in a pod, we love each other very much. And uh, I see you have your own love interest..." he said as he nudged him with his elbow a couple of times.

Itzal listened to Beatbox and nodded.  "Yeah.  Hopefully.  That monster was way to easy.  I wonder if that's how front liners feel like every time they help out a lower level player?  Must be boring all the time.  Still I would never get tired of helping someone out."  He watched with glee as he saw the red fox hop onto Beat's shoulder.  After hearing the name he walked over to let Ocarina sniff his hand before petting it between the ears.  "Congrats dude!  So happy for you!  Ocarina eh?  I feel like it should be blue or gold in respect for Legend of Zelda but meh.  He's still freaking adorable.  I can't wait to find Velnia either.  It's going to be great."  Itzal and Beat began to walk to the destination he listened to Beat talk about he and Alisa and mentioned Itzal's new girlfriend.  Itzal blushed a little with an embarrassed smile.  "Well yeah, Kasier is a really great person.  Although she's helping me get through it, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do as a boyfriend.  I had no social interaction in the-  Wait a minute.  You and Alisa are-"  He stopped walking and just stood there staring at Beat with a blank expression.  Beatbox and Alisa were together?  There was a moments silence before he burst out laughing and performed a facepalm.  "Why didn't I see that coming!  Of course you two would be perfect together!  Ha ha ha ha!  Hey congrats man!  She's a great person to hang around with!"

@Beatbox

"Well I have helped out my fair shared of low leveled players take down a boss to gain some EXP before, it's not too bad, the only thing that's boring is that you sit there and fight things that NEVER stand a chance against you, but the opportunity to see a player grow and get to know them is all worth it in my opinion!" he said with a giggle and a smile. He watched as he petted his new familiar Ocarina, and Ocarina let him pet him due to the fact that he actually likes this player... this fox was rather picky on the scents of other players. He laughed and said to him "Yeah... I didn't really know a name before hand... so I named him the first thing that came in mind... which was Ocarina! Sure, it may sound like a Zelda reference... but I didn't intend it to be." He giggled as he saw Itzal blush and have an embarrassed smile, this was rather rare... but he found it laughably enjoyable. "So you and Kasier were a thing huh? I was wondering if that was the case.. and you confirmed it for me!" he said with a laugh, he quickly was surprised and blushed when Itzal has said his last few words after talking about Kasier and stared at him with a blank expression. "Did... Alisa not tell him that we were dating?" he thought to himself before Itzal started bursting out laughing. He blushed more with a smile and spoke after he was done talking "Wait... she didn't tell you?! I thought she told you that we were!"

"No dude!  She didn't say squat!  But the point is that you two are perfect together!  Meanwhile..  I'm still unsure about how I'm supposed to behave with Kasier.  I keep trying to improvise but I'm a wreck at social interactions.  Not to mention with all of my level grinding I haven't been able to spend as much time with her as I wanted to...  How did you and Alisa first get together?  When Kasier and I became, well, you know.  It was an...  Interesting night.  Bit of a story too.  But it's long and I'm not sure how long it will take to get there.  We might get there in who knows how long, or it could be a short trip."  Thinking about this fact he went ahead and switched to his Twilight cloak so that he could keep an eye out for materials.  "What do you and Alisa like to do together anyways?  Kasier seems to like to shop, though I never really got into it in the past, I'm trying to do so now.  She also demanded that I stop thinking with tactics, strategies, and logically in general, and just live the moment.  I'm not sure if she means around her, all the time, or just when we're on dates...  Man it feels weird to say that word, or that I have a girlfriend.  I did not expect a girlfriend in this game.  I don't have a single friend outside SAO unless you count sibling friendship...

ID#  68935  LD:  10+3=13

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

"Are you serious?! She didn't say anything!? NOTHING AT ALL?" he said as he laughed and face palmed, he took a deep breath and looked back at Itzal with a smile "I wouldn't say we're "perfect"... but she is way more adorable than me... I'll tell you that much. Well, you haven't been much of wreck talking to me... and you should really spend some more time with her... she may have been thinking about you a lot, you never know!" he said with a wink. "Well... its kind of a long story." he said as he looked at him and laughed a bit "Well, I met her at floor 4, she seemed really depressed and upset when I first saw her. However, I didn't want to see a player, especially a women be upset in a game like this, so with the help of Audio I helped cheer her up, she talked to me about the situation that had happened, apparently two of her friends were fighting... she blamed herself for it. And well, I helped her calm down and accept the fact that it wasn't her fault... and well, after that she got really sleepy and fell asleep on my shoulder.. she looked very adorable and I didn't want to leave her there. I took off my jacket and wrapped it around her... and well, he spent a good two days after that getting to know each other and spend time together... and next thing we knew... we developed really strong feelings for each other. But in some words, she's just perfect." he said with a blush and a smile. 

ID: 68937

LD: 13

He had kept an eye out to see if there was any materials around... and he didn't really find anything. He looked over and smiled "We like spending time together to be frank, we spend most of our time together either eating or searching for materials. Her food is really really good. She likes to shop huh? Well, I hope you haven't been flat broke for the past few weeks!" he said with a laugh. "The best thing I can tell you to do is to act like yourself, express yourself and not your strategic self, because when you spend time with another they don't want to worry about the game... they want to spend time with YOU and get to know YOU! So just express yourself rather than your SAO self." he said with a smile.

Edited by Beatbox

"I do huh?  Then why on earth is it so hard for me around her?"  He hated that he had an issue he needed to work out and had no idea where the issue was.  That's how his mind worked.  Beat then talked about how he and Alisa met.  Depressed?  Friends fighting....... Oh no.  He placed his head in his hands and let out a groan.  "Crap, oh no, she saw us.  She was hiding dang it.  I can't believe.  Ugh, I'll have to explain this...  It all started when Kasier was spending time with Alisa, just the two of them.  She tricked Alisa into entering a duel with her and she pretended to be a pker who planned on killing the entire guild.  She manipulated Alisa essentially in order to make her angry.  She did all of this behind my back.  Afterwards I noticed Alisa had a bit of an anger issue during combat, which was a problem.  She told me about Kasier and, well.  I sort of snapped.  Uli- I mean I went to confront Kasier and.  In the end we entered a duel.  I'm not sure how long Alisa was watching but.  That was the night we ended up together ironically.  After I made a stab at her she pulled me in closer and.  Kissed me."  It was indeed a strange event and he was very weirded out by it.  "So.  Just spending time together doing anything?  As for food, Kasier makes coffee which I never liked in the real world....  Not sure if that's changed at all.  But, Beat.  What other self besides my strategic self is there?  I legitimately stayed in my room all day every day playing countless video games, or researching in order to create a video game.  I legitimately did nothing else, had no friends.  What is there left to learn?"  He wanted Beat to give him an answer, he really did, but he wasn't sure there was one. 

ID#  68939  LD:  3+6=9

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

ID: 68940

LD: 18

Materials: 1

Beatbox had looked around for a material for a moment, he could of sworn he saw one in the corner of his eye. He eventually found it, he inspected it and liked what he had saw, he put it into his inventory and went back to Itzal and listened to his speech. He listened carefully to the whole situation that had happened and what he had heard almost made Beatbox angered at Itzal, Kasier... tricking Alisa to be a Player Killer? It made him mad for a moment. "What...? KASIER DID WHAT?" he yelled out to Itzal "WHY IN HER RIGHT MIND WOULD SHE DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT? DID SHE DO THAT AS A JOKE? What in the hell is wrong with her? I want to know. NOW." he said with a serious look on his face. Beatbox did not like the fact that Kasier did that at all to Alisa and let alone that Itzal actually started dating her after that fact. After he had calmed down he told him "Well... tell her more about the video games that you played... or the game that you want to create... heck, even if you didn't really do much I am sure that she wants to know more about you and what you have done or the struggle or loneliness that you had felt... it becomes a concern to people...they want to know what you have been through." he said as he patted his back.

Edited by Beatbox

Itzal took a step back as Beatbox suddenly burst out with his own anger and rage and demanded to know where Kasier was and he shook both hands in the air.  "Wait wait wait, hold up pal, calm down for a second!  I don't know where she is right now, and even if I did I won't let you near her like this!  Not until you've calmed down!  First off, that happened a while ago ok?  We sorted it out, the past is the past.  Second of all, Ulise- I mean I was going to help her get angry at some point as well.  The reason why is because she needs someone to help her learn how to control her anger in the first place.  There isn't anything wrong with anger unless you hold onto it.  We agreed that there was communication issue and we resolved it so that this sort of thing won't happen again ok?  And well, once you get past Kasier's cold side.  She can be a very wonderful woman Beat.  Her smile is that much better since she rarely had it before.  It's still a bit hard to get a real smile from her, making it that much more rewarding."  Finally, Beatbox calmed down and changed the subject, drawing out an unheard sigh from Itzal.  "Eh?  Progress on my game you say?  Hmm...  Well, I have been writing ideas down in a journal, so I suppose I could discuss it with her, though I'm not entirely sure if she would enjoy it.  But if you recommend it then maybe?" 

ID#  68941  LD:  15+6=21

+1 MAT

Itzal paused as he saw a mushroom on the ground and picked it up, examining it to ensure it wasn't poisonous before placing it in his inventory.  As he did he heard the sound of a woman screaming.  He took a deep breath before looking up.  "Well, this is it."  The entrance into the forest was two trees branching into an archway, leading into a maze of trees and pathways towards two different gates.  It was a labyrinth.  "We could split up or go together, your call."

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

"First off, I don't care on where she is... I just want answers to why the hell she did something like that. It's not cool and its certainly not funny, by ANY means. And okay, Past is in the Past, that's whatever, but if its making Alisa angrier about it and she hasn't been explained to about it then its not solved yet now is it? And say what now, you want to help her make her angry? That's one the most stupidest things I have ever f***ing heard this entire week. This game is not worth making a effort in if you're angry and upset all the time would YOU Appreciate the fact that you spent all that time training her and becoming a good friend with her only to make her angry at you because you feel like it needs to be improved on? Excuse me, but now that we're together that is MY job now, I don't appreciate what you two did and planned. It's not funny." he said to Itzal with an angered voice as he looked forward into the maze. "I'm going this way, you go that way. I don't want to see you right now." he said as he went an opposing way that Itzal had been going.

@Itzal

Itzal watched Beatbox suddenly burst out on him in rage before storming off in the opposite direction of Itzal.  "Wait Beat, thats' not, there's more to!"  Itzal hung his head, sighing to himself.  If Beatbox wasn't cooled off by the time the quest was done he'd have a real issue.  He didn't want to help Kasier in making Alisa angry.  He wanted to unlock whatever anger was already inside her so that he could help her control and contain that anger.  If Itzal hadn't taken the quest Calming the Soul then he would have been screwed, doomed to snapping in anger for the rest of his life.  And that's what he had planned.  During her final exam she would need to complete that quest, but only after he attempted to help her control her anger.  However he couldn't worry about that now.  He took a deep breath and let out a sigh before turning around and heading down his path.

OOC- To find the minotaur an LD of 10 must be rolled.  If a 15 is rolled, Minotaur and a precious gemstone (MAT) is found.

ID#  68989  LD:  18+6=24  +1 MAT

Itzal made his way through the maze.  He wanted to get this over with so he could talk to Beatbox about the issue and get this entire affair cleared up.  However it might take a while just wandering through the maze.  He could make a map but he doubted the maze stayed the same way twice.  Thus he activated his reveal mod, allowing him to see through the walls and discover the correct path.  He made his way until he reached the end.  That was easy he thought.  Then he stopped and looked up to see the huge Minotaur guarding the entrance of what looked like a ruin.  Itzal sighed and switched to Niger Natio while also drawing Ascendant's Rosario.  Looks like he'd be fighting it alone then.

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

ID: 68990

LD: 17 / BD: 8 / MD: 5

Material Got

Beatbox had angrily walked into the maze opposing to Itzal, he did not want to hear what he had to say, he was building up Alisa's anger which is not cool by any means what so ever, he just wanted to get this quest over with and demand for answers, because he needs to explain himself pronto. He eventually found himself to an room that had a gemstone in the middle of it, he picked it up and inspected it before putting it into his inventory. What he did realize that one of the Minotaurs was in the same room as the gemstone. He swung his sword next to Beatbox as a warning to put the gemstone back. Beatbox looked at the Minotaur with a angered look and he told it "Funny. You're merely just target practice worthless mob." before pulling out his sword and perform a series of combos on the Minotaur in the shape of a star. Apparently it didn't have that much health as they thought and it died from that one combo. The Minotaur yelled out in pain which lead to a terrible screech of death as it hit the ground with a thud that could be heard from a far distance as it turned into white triangles that flew in the air and disappeared. Beatbox put his sword away and went back to the entrance to find Itzal again.

@Itzal

Beatbox: 420/420 EN: 36/42

Minotaur: 0/45 -48

Edited by Beatbox

Itzal watched as the Minotaur glared at him, and he noticed a purple gemstone behind it.  The Minotaur followed his gaze and gave him a warning look.  Itzal looked between the gemstone, the minotaur, the gate and then shrugged.  "I'm supposed to get past you either way dude.  Sorry."  The minotaur roared in anger and wrath and it threw it's ax at Itzal.  The blade grazed his shoulder but it only dealt thirty damage.  It might have been a bigger issue before, but a while ago, health and energy seemed to be given a boost and thus this was no issue whatsoever.  He cocked an eyebrow at the monster which now realized that it was defenseless.  Itzal rushed up, a dark blue glow around his sword as he powered Howling Octave and leaped to stab the monster in the heart, but it was fast and almost dodged the attack but all it ended up doing was reducing a crit to a normal strike.  Still it was a powerful strike and destroyed the monster instantly.  He landed over by the gemstone and sighed.  "I hope he'll listen to me later..."  He went forward to descend into the ruins.

ID#  68991  BD:  4+2  MD:  7

Itzal:  590/620

Minotaur:  DEAD AS DEAD CAN BE <6x8=48 dmg>

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox figured to walk all the way to were the the other boss lied and where the ruins where that Itzal had entered. He knew that the Minotaur fell in battle because he saw the triangles disappear in the air. He followed that direction and saw Itzal enter the ruins. He walked behind him at a distance so he wouldn't see him and watched him take the treasure that laid within this temple. He laid his back at the side of the door that entered to the area where you would get the item and waited for Itzal to take the item and put it into his inventory. He said to him with a rather annoyed tone "Is that for your partner in crime to ruin a girl's emotions or are you going to sell that to a player at a later time?" he looked at him with a angered look and wasn't tolerating any jokes at the current moment. 

@Itzal

#1000thPost

Edited by Beatbox

Itzal heard Beatbox walk in behind him and with his dead silence knew he was up to something.  He did a bit of walking as the two entrances needed to meet in the center and found the room.  In the center he saw what looked like a small medallion.  He walked up to it and picked it up.  It was surprisingly accurate he thought.  A fireball and an ice ball, chasing each other around and around, while at the same time there seemed to be a unification inside the circle they made.  The unified image was extremely beautiful and the fact that the medallion was silver made it all that much more beautiful to him.  He heard Beatbox' voice and let out a sigh before turning around.  "Beat I didn't really explain the why very well.  Please forgive me on that part.  Like all issues, anger must be faced and resolved.  I personally know how powerful and dangerous anger can be, and I also know that even if it doesn't show, even if the seem like the nicest person on the earth, they still have anger.  I wanted to force the anger out in a controlled situation, later on when she matured a little more, so that I could help her face her own anger and learn how to keep it from getting out of hand.  If she didn't then the anger would build up and explode randomly.  Imagine if her anger built up and was released on you in the future and you had no idea where it came from, as well as she didn't either?  This way she can keep that from happening.  As for Kasier as I said, it was wrong for her to do it without me and I didn't plan on her doing it with me either.  However we talked about it and she promised never to do anything without other people's permission.  Don't forget that she was my apprentice before you were her boyfriend.  I cared for her like she was my daughter, and I still do Beat.  I wouldn't do anything that would harm her physically or emotionally.  However you can't be led by the hand all the time.  You need to fall to learn to pick yourself back up.  Please understand and if you still hate me, so be it.  I can't erase the past, only make changes for the future."

@Beatbox

Beatbox had looked at Itzal as he spoke to Beatbox, he gave him a angered look as he listened to him speak. He would not interrupt him, he wanted to hear him speak of the situation before he would do anything. He sighed and said to him "You should have explained it fully first then. And... yes, I know the dangers that come with anger. But think about it for a moment... what could the things that turn out wrong with your plans? Its already have gotten a tad bit wrong with Kasier saying those things to her like that. That already has turned it wrong. You two should have discussed it further and planned it further in this case. And I know you can't change the past and she was your apprentice before we got together. Just promise me these Itzal, control Kasier to make sure she never does something like that again, explain things first not later and..." he said before walking up and placing a hand on Itzal's shoulder giving him a smile "Make sure than Alisa learns to control her anger, it hurts to see her angered or upset..." he raised his other arm to Itzal for a fist bump. 

Itzal sighed with relief as Beatbox seemed to have calmed down.  He nodded as he completed the action Beat was doing with Itzal.  "Don't worry Beat.  She can appear cold sometimes, but she's really a warm hearted person inside.  Just give her a chance is all I ask.  I'm working on keeping that smile of hers up, but.  Honestly it's the fact that she rarely smiles that makes it all the more enjoyable.  Alisa almost always smiles so I don't think you could understand what I mean.  Either way the Minotaur was destroyed in an instant.  I assume you did the same?  Man we went from two hitting a mini boss to one hitting it.  Could this be any more boring?  Not even the labyrinth was a challenge.  It was pathetic to be honest.  I think the only hard thing about this forest is the constant screaming that accompanies it.  Well I have the medallion" he said as he lifted it for his friend to see.  "So the quest is done?  These things are getting way too easy for us.  We need a challenge that we won't die from, but can still get some entertainment eh?  And man, it hurts me to see anyone hurt or upset."

@Beatbox

Beatbox giggled and walked down from the shrine and went towards the exit of the ruins. "I kind of figured on the inside she is a warm-hearted person, because trust me I have met someone who is seen to be a monster, but from when I met her she seemed nice enough to hang around with. I am sure you are familiar with the name in which I speak. But hey, if you aren't aware then I guess you have never met her before. Alisa's smiles bring me joy whenever I see her like that... you have no idea how much she means to me in a world like this. A world were we either die or fight long enough to see the end." he shook his head as he walked up the stairs and outward to head out of the maze "The minotaur? No it was that hard, it died on my first assault. And yes, the quest should be done Itzal. We did well... well we kind of just came here and wrecked sh** up. I wouldn't say that this was the most entertaining thing, but hey... we still managed to kill time will getting EXP." he said as he winked to Itzal.

@Itzal, finish this I want SP XD