PP/NK - F16 Just Another Day (Itzal)

It had been some time since Calrex had last visited the sixteenth floor, the most recent being the time he had met up with some other players for Zandra's beachside festivities. The event was kind of a blur, since things happened to go by so quickly. Before that was a casual duel with Jomei back when the ginger-headed player was getting back to the frontlines, and before that was his time taking on the new quest on his own. With things that had been happening, it was strange that he was a the figurative head of the Spectrum Coalition, and at the same time he had even more time on his own.

"Guess it is lonely being the highest level, even if I try to spend time with Teayre and the others."

With a small sigh he looked up as he saw Roc had materialized as well, the blue peregrine falcon soaring overhead as he made his way through the settlement of Zugaikotsushima, looking over as he saw a small hut that had set up as a small smoothie shop. "Odd that a primitive themed floor would be able to do things like this. I guess I won't question it though."

Ordering a simple smoother he took a seat in one of the open table seating areas, looking out towards the gates. With a small sip the mixed flavors of strawberry, banana, orange, and other fruits passed over his taste buds. "Well, they certainly did a good job of replicating these flavors."

Setting his drink on the table he gave a small stretch before looking over to see that Roc had perched on the side of the table, "Guess there's nothing up above of interest either huh?"

Itzal decided that it was time he start scouting the higher up floors.  With the fact that he was closer than ever to joining the front lines, he wanted to get a feel for the floors they spent their time on.  When he asked around for what floor would be a good one to start with he heard about this floor.  They told him it was a beautiful place to visit and that the monsters were easy enough to avoid.  Thanking them he had traveled to this floor.  The first thing he noticed was the nice warmth, yet a little humidity.  He had then looked around and discovered quickly that it was an island he stood on.  He scanned the area around and noted that the village was more of a tribal theme.  Parkour would be useless here.  He noted as well that most of the island was covered in forest and that a volcano sat in the center of the island.  Then his eyes fell upon......  A smoothie shop?  He couldn't believe it.  Then he shrugged as he had seen weirder things.  He never tried a smoothie before either.  He walked to the shop and as he did he spotted a player.  The blue hair made it obvious who it was.  Itzal hesitated.  Calrex was the most powerful player in all of Aincrad.  Then he thought for a second, realizing that his hesitation must be amplified for most players.  All because he was the strongest.  Calrex was respected more than anything.  And Itzal wanted to have more friend anyways.  He figured that Calrex might want a friend he could hang out with from time to time.  So he relaxed and walked over to Calrex' table.  "Hey!  Your name was Calrex right?  We didn't exactly have a chance to properly meet the last time we saw each other." 

Before Calrex could turn his head to look Roc's eyes had already locked onto the person that was approaching. Hearing his name get called the bluenette looked over as well to see someone he had met a couple of times in the past, and from what rumors had been passing around about up and coming new players, he was one of the ones of supposed interest. With a friendly wave he gave a nod, "Yep, you're right. Guess I should properly introduce myself then, heh. I'm Calrex, pleasure to meet you again."

Taking another sip of his smoothie the bluenette once again recognized the fruity taste, as well as the light sweetness present in the drink, one that seemed more natural, as if the fruits were in their prime sweetness when used, rather than being sweetened by added sugar or corn syrup. There was also still the tanginess from the citrus that was used, like oranges and possibly some lemon or lime juice.

"In any case, it was Itzal right? Good to see you're doing well."

Itzal saw the bird spot him and nodded to the familiar with a smile.  He loved familiars and couldn't wait to find Velnia again.  Boy did they have a lot to catch up on.  He watched as Calrex turned to look at him and gave a friendly nod.  Itzal smiled and nodded to the player as he introduced himself and paused when he was at the player's table.  "Yeah my name's Itzal.  It's been a bit crazy but I'm making it through.  Is it alright if I sit down?"  After getting permission Itzal sat down opposite to Calrex with a relaxed sigh.  He nodded to the familiar.  "I don't think we've met my friend.  I'm Itzal, what's yours?"  He loved talking with familiars.  Velnia didn't have verbal speech but the two of them always managed to communicate with each other.  She was a very intelligent dragon.  However she was also playful and a bit kidish.  Maybe she would be a bit more mature when he found her again.  After all introductions were made Itzal looked over at the smoothie place.  "I've never actually had a smoothie before in my life.  Hmmmm....  Do they all taste the same?  And if not do you recommend anything specific?"  Today he had wanted to scout out the floor so he could practice for the front lines, to reach their levels.  However in an unexpected yet pleasant turn of events he had run into a powerful player.  He didn't want to impress him.  He wanted to get to know him.  And besides, he doubted he could impress anyone at his stage.  Especially without a unique but that was alright.  Even if he didn't get a unique in the end he would still seek to be a great scout and supporter.  And that was all that mattered in his mind.

@Calrex

"Yeah, sure thing, it is open seating after all, heh."

Calrex gestured over to the open seat at the table as he took another sip of his smoothie. As Itzal addressed Roc the blue peregrine falcon shifted to face directly towards the young man before ducking its head slightly as if bowing. Calrex gave a smirk before introducing his companion, "This here is Roc, my familiar companion for quite some time now. I actually earned his help from his group some time back on the second floor, since he was the second largest peregrine falcon."

Looking back at the smoothie shop the bluenette quickly went through his mind of suggestions on their selection, "I wouldn't go so far as to say they're all the same, because it really depends on what goes into it, heh. If you have a favorite fruit, then you might want to try a smoothie of it. Generally the standard that I know of would be either a banana or strawberry banana smoothie, but it really does depend."

"Hehe, I never really had to think of a suggestion. However, it is interesting to see smoothies as both the trend the health craze, and at the same time also just a different way to get something cooling and refreshing during hot summer days. I guess technically speaking if you add enough ice cream to it a smoothie can also just be another form of a milkshake, but that might be stretching that train of thought a bit too much."

@Itzal

Itzal listened as Calrex introduced Roc, who bowed to Itzal.  Itzal smiled and bowed his head in return.  "Nice to meet you Roc!"  He listened to Calrex talk about the smoothies and how they were all based on fruits.  Fruits eh?  He was a big fan of the Kyoho fruit, a fruit that tasted much like a grape and could grow as large as a plum.  Maybe that would be a good smoothie?  Again he had no idea what to expect.  He went ahead and ordered it though and while waiting for it to be made, turned to Calrex and Roc.  "So, I still haven't seen what the front lines are like, and I'm pretty sure I haven't met all the front liners.  Lets see, correct me if I'm wrong or if I'm missing someone.  So there's you, Takao, I'm guessing the player Oikawa is a frontliner too?  And then I met Teayre...  Not the best experience I've ever had I'll admit.  And there was one other player, what was her name......  I met her at the lake, she had dark hair, not the most modest clothing....  Argh, I forget her name but I'm sure I'll remember it sometime today.  It was a really interesting meeting though.  Anyways, I'm pretty sure I'm missing some people."  He accepted the smoothie with payment and took a sip.  He refrained a wince when he felt how cold it was.  He could have ice cream any day but this was seriously cold.  He needed to take his time.  However the flavor....  The flavor was amazing!  Thus he had to fight hard not to drink more.  "Of course I'll get to them at another time.  If it's alright with you I'd like to get to know you.  Not as the strongest player in Aincrad, just as Calrex.  And in return I'll answer any questions you have for me.  No matter how serious or silly," he finished with a chuckle.

@Calrex

"Heh, well there's certainly far more than just the people you mentioned, although I think the woman you're referring to is Opal. However, there's more than just us, with many other members like those of the Knights of the Blood guild, as well as a few solo players that have participated in the past. Of course I do appreciate the company, although I would avoid the strongest player title. You'll have to believe me that being the highest level doesn't make you the strongest. At best it just means you have the most skill points invested and the most HP, both of which are easily equalled with the correct tools or equipment."

Taking another swig of his smoothie Calrex gave a nod before looking over to see that Roc had decided to go exploring around, taking a quick flap to fly to the ground before waddling around with a regular bird walk. "In any case, I'm guessing that if you've met so many frontliners, that you are planning to eventually join the floor raids as well?"

"So opal is her name eh?  As I said it was a bit...  Interesting meeting her.  And I'm not sure how I feel about the knights of the blood oath.  Other than Macrodon, it seems most of them care nothing for the lower levels, only for themselves.  Of course as I said to Macrodon, I won't judge an individual until I've had time to get to know them.  That's why I was willing to friend Opal but she seems to have secrets she doesn't want to come to light."  Itzal listened to Calrex and nodded his understanding.  He spoke total truth.  For lower levels, being the highest meant you could be invincible to most.  However there was only so far you could get with that.  Just like most MMO games if you didn't continue searching with every moment for the greatest gear, then you could be taken out by most.  And as of now, tank gear and skills could make you invincible.  However Itzal knew the cardinal was making updates every now and then.  Perhaps things would start balancing out soon.  "Your right on that point Calrex.  Sorry," he finished with a grin.  "And I do want to help you guys with the front lines and raids, though with Takao I'm not sure how much need you'll have for a scout.  And I may not go to every event.  I have other things I need to take care of.  However I will be attempting to stay as active as possible.  Kasier wants me to slow down sometimes though, and she's right.  I can't push myself too hard.  We all need some down time with others right?" 

@Calrex

Listening to the young man speak, the bluenette couldn't help but think that he spoke in a more mature fashion, at least compared to his age. Itzal wasn't exactly much young than him, but he was still more weathered in mindset. "It just may be something that is a result of our time in here. I wonder how many people during medieval times thought in such a way as well."

"Opal is certainly a complex individual, as probably a lot of the people you'll likely meet both making your way up and on the frontlines. We've all been in many ways changed by the game, for better or worse. As for the Knights, it's hard to say what it is they are up to. Originally when Mack was leading the guild actively, he did his best to assist those that were lower in level, as well as training them to in some ways be enforcers of justice. However, with his disappearance and other things, they have lost a lot of the activity they once had. As for the idea of higher levels not really caring about those lower in level, I'll have to sadly tell you that is for the most part the status quo. The times that a high level does assist someone starting out is few and far between, and normally only when it is convenient. It's part of the reality of this game, most high levels are still having most of their time taken up getting better equipment and skills in order to actually stay 'relevant', whatever that term means."

Downing a large chunk of his smoothie Calrex set the glass down as he gave a small sigh to let the excessive chill escape, "As for your plans, I will have to agree with you. The 'grass being greener' concept really applies to this. There are many strong players that do not participate in the floor raids, so the frontliners are merely a small representation of the entirety of the forces present in the community. It's because there's a lot of drama and confusion currently still present that I would even recommend avoiding it for a while, not because there's no role, but because the disputes that happen there sadly put participants at risk. Many unnecessary lives were last in the previous floor raids, lives that could have been saved with the correct preparations. So as Kaiser told you, yes, go at a slow and steady pace. This is the advice I can give you, coming from what I've experienced."

Itzal listened to Calrex talk and found he was enjoying having a good discussion with another player.  Most of his discussions either never lasted long or never got this deep.  It was nice to have someone just to talk with.  "Unfortunately I have to agree to the fact that there is a wall between low levels and the higher levels right now.  My friends and I were working to bridge that gap any way we could, and we set up a guild to do it.  Celestial Ascendants.  No leader but four members of a council.  Below council is sentinel.  Council members and Sentinels can each find a lower player and take them up as their apprentice, training them both in mind and level so that they can get on their own two feet.  Once they do they can choose to either stay with the guild or go on their own.  I understand that we can't help everyone, but that shouldn't mean we can't help whoever we can."  He took a sip of his smoothie again, drinking a bit but slowly so he didn't freeze his insides.  "Of course if we don't progress in the right direction, Celestial Ascendant's could fall apart at any moment.  Which is why I'll be talking with the council soon.  Apparently a player named Hikoru and another player named Xion want to join.  I actually ran into Hikoru by accident on the tenth floor.  He...  Sort of messed with me before he actually let me chat with him.  Wasn't the best introduction but there you have it.  I haven't met this Xion character yet though.  I'd like to talk with them as well as Kasier.  After all they're taking place of Alisa and Jonathan, our tank and dps.  I'd like to discuss the future and the guild with them."  He listened as Calrex mentioned drama and confusion and how it would be dangerous for him to join for a while.  To this Itzal became curious, which as a scout was in his nature.  He never liked being in the dark and he especially didn't like it when there was something going on that he might stumble into.  Dangerous events.  "What do you mean by that?  What's happening at the front lines?  And is the woman Teayre involved?  I only met her once but it was clear she would kill me on the spot if she felt like it."

@Calrex

"Well, before I go any further into that, this isn't a threat, but you might want to be careful how you talk about her. She's actually my wife, heh. Don't worry, but just wanted to give you a heads up. As for your question, I will have to say you are correct. I'm not sure how much word has gotten around, but in the sixteenth boss fight against a giant ape, something snapped for a second and she ended up claiming two frontliners lives as well as the bosses. On its own it is an act that has gained much ire from a lot of people, but she's been through a lot before getting to the state she's in now. I'm not going to exonerate her from that, but as I've said before, it is worth more continuing to live and redeem yourself for the past aggressions rather than being executed in a single act of revenge, disguised as redemption. There much to her I'm trying to confront, but I can tell you that that threatening feeling she puts up is more out of defense than intimidation. Being an orange crystal paints a target on your back, and you are basically never safe, so it's very common for survival instincts to kick in. The fact of the matter is that a player-killer crystal on the frontlines means virtually nothing, because everyone there is more than capable of killing a person that decides to step out of line. Something to remind anyone you know of if you ever meet them: Being a killer doesn't gain you any merits, and a whole ton of problems."

With a small sigh Calrex gave a small stretch before continuing, "Celestial Ascendants huh? Sounds like a good idea for your guild. I used to be a member of a guild in the past, Absolute Pin, that had a similar idea in mind, but in the end I think I was the only person that actually ended up taking on a protege to train. It's not an easy thing to do, but something that hopefully will help the community as a whole. The Spectrum Coalition hopes to eventually start doing the same, but right now we're currently working out some other things before we decide to start taking on more tasks. I actually know both Hikoru and Xion from before, and I can vouch for their skills in the field. However, they are both still young, and have much to learn, so hopefully they can gain more working with your guild."

Itzal listened to Calrex and his eyes widened for a second.  "Wait, she's your."  He stopped and shook his head with a smile.  "Teayre is your wife...  Well I have to say I didn't see that coming but I'm not one to point fingers or argue.  Everyone has reasons for doing things and you don't seem to me to be the type of person who would go dark on any level.  Except to protect someone of course."  Itzal listened to what he had to say about Teayre and he nodded thoughtfully.  Upon his first hours in SAO he would have flatly argued with Calrex that a killer was a killer.  However he had learned much since that point thanks to his friends.  When Calrex finished Itzal thought for a moment before replying.  "I get it now.  It's understandable how she'd use something like that to protect herself.  Does she have any friends besides you?  I'm willing to befriend anyone, provided they don't lash out and kill me that is.  It sounds like she could use a friend.  If she needs space for now though, I'd be fine with that.  I understand the feeling."  He wondered why Teayre snapped.  He didn't doubt that it could easily be a trigger from her past.  He would have been triggered easily before calming the soul.  With the death of his parents in front of him he hated killers above all else.  However he had learned to get past it.  To get over it.  To learn about the individual and their reasons before making any judgement or any sort.  Even then he still wouldn't.  Itzal then listened to Calrex talk about how he was part of a guild who were planning to do somewhat of the same thing and he smiled.  "Hey who knows?  Maybe our guilds could partner up in the future.  And don't worry," he winked.  "We'll take care of Hikoru and Xion." 

@Calrex

Upon seeing Itzal's reaction to his statement Calrex couldn't help but give a small laugh. From what had transpired recently, it probably was almost like looking at night and day, with many people that didn't know the two before they completed the <<Saying Vows>> quest being confused as to how they got together. "Well, I would like to say that would be the case, but things here in Aincrad don't exactly function under normal means at times. However, with a clear mind I would say that I aim to only kill when it is absolutely necessary, and there is no other way around it. As for Teayre, I would like to say that she could definitely use more friends that she can trust. She, Oikawa, and I have been friends since all of our beginnings here in SAO, and that bond has only gotten stronger as we've moved our way up to the frontlines. However, if you do wish to try and befriend her, I hope she's open to it."

Finishing another part of his smoothie the bluenette glanced over at Roc, who was now at another empty table wandering around along the top before hopping down and circling around the underside, "I wonder what he's looking for? Actually...when was the last time he got some food? Maybe we'll need to make a trip into the field zones later today."

With a smirk he answered Itzal's response, "That might be something for sure, heh, definitely something I'll need to ask the others about when we meet up again. I'm sure you'll keep a good eye on the two of them."

Itzal saw Calrex give off a small laugh and ended up laughing a bit himself.  He couldn't help it.  He listened to Calrex talk about only killing if there was no other choice and Itzal nodded.  "I agree with you on that.  I don't believe in killing out of anger, pride or greed.  Killing should be reserved for self defense or protecting your family, or others if they're being attacked.  No more and no less.  However if there's an option to avoid killing and everyone is still alive I'd choose that road."  It was what he learned during the quest <<Calming the Soul>>.  One of the demons he had to face was bitterness, who took the form of a very young girl who had slaughtered hundreds maybe thousands of players, and was ten times as bloodthirsty as Teayre it seemed.  Itzal had hated her but he needed to let go of the anger in order to win.  In the end all he held for her/it was pity.  He listened to Carlex talk about his wife and Itzal smiled gently.  "In that case I'd love to be her friend.  I always do my best not to let people down...  Maybe you could, uh, help me out in that area...  Seeing as how all I know is her bloodthirsty nature and that she doesn't seem to care much about me."  He chuckled nervously.  He sipped on his smoothie again, still taking it slow to avoid a brain or heart freeze, and listened to Calrex respond to his comment and chuckled.  "Will do...  Say, a while ago I think I saw Oikawa on the first floor charging at a player and a boar.  I ran in to see if I could help the player with the boar or, if need be, block Oikawa's attack but he killed the boar and sort of.  Gave me a quick lecture.  Was he trying to recruit for his guild then?"

@Calrex

"Well, hm...that is the tough part, finding a common ground. I'm not sure what your profession is, but she was originally, and I think still might be, the top artisan in all of Aincrad. She used to have her shop on the fourth floor, but once she became an orange player she moved it to the thirteenth floor outside of the safe zone. Even though we're trapped in here, she enjoyed the small things that make life here a bit more bearable, like the delicious foods that are replicated here, as well as the sights. I think rather than looking at her by what you've seen so far, try to see a bit more past what facade. She puts up a dangerous face in order to keep others at a safe distance, however with what's happened recently she also seems to value strength, probably bit more than what would be reasonable."

Looking back at his drink Calrex gave a smirk as he saw that the glass was empty, having had finished the drink a few moments ago. Dismissing himself for a second he dropped the glass back at the storefront before returning back to the table, listening to the next piece Itzal said about Oikawa. His eyebrows furrowed in curiosity for a second as he listened, "That's odd. Oikawa is usually pretty level-headed, so having him act in such a way is definitely a rare occurrence. I only saw a more unforgiving side of him a few times in the past."

"Do you happen to remember the name of the player he went to? From what you've told me that doesn't sound like how Oikawa usually acts. He tries to be helpful to others as well, trying to bring out the better parts of them. It's rare for someone to gain his ire, so it seems odd."

Itzal listened to Calrex talk about his wife and he nodded when he finished.  Itzal pulled out of his inventory, a bracelet.  The base was like several emerald stems and on the top were three purple verbana flowers that were made out of amethyst gems.  "Teayre crafted this, so I indeed know what you mean.  She may be cruel outwardly, but I found that our real emotions tend to get wrapped up in our work as well.  I'm a performer, and while that's technically useless at the moment, I didn't choose it for usefulness.  Though a little col would be nice if I ever get any customers.  No I did it because I love singing.  And that part about food and the scenery?  I'd say that pretty much defines my tastes as well.  While I do love combat, I love the food in this game as well.  At night I love to just lie on a hill and stargaze for about an hour.  And as for strength, well, I'm not nearly strong enough, but I think my power leveling may have gained her attention?  Either way I'd love to be her friend."  Then he listened to Calrex ask which player Oikawa was headed to and he frowned slightly as he tried to recall.  "I never got her name.  A woman named Hakai showed up right after I did but the woman who was charged at didn't give a name.  Actually I don't recall any interaction with her at all.  I would have liked to have a name though.  Well I trust your word for it, but if he wants people to be friendly around him, he might want to loosen up his outward look.  He seems like the 'I'm strong so listen to me' kind of guy.  Or at least that was my impression.  However I try not to judge on first impressions like others."

@Calrex

"Hm...I don't think I've never met a player by the name of Hakai before, so unfortunately without that person's name I don't think I'd be able to tell you why Oikawa lashed out like that. He tends to be a fairly patient person, so if he did get aggressive so quickly it must be someone he knows from the past that ended up on his bad side somehow."

Inspecting the bracelet that Itzal showed him Calrex took a closer look. It was certainly Teayre's handiwork. Even though she had not crafted in quite a long time, his wife still had the touch of a master artisan within the game. Like Oikawa, the both of them had worked hard to get to the level of master in their professions that they were current performing at. In fact a lot of his companions were fairly well established as renowned craftsmen. Zandra, Baldur, Hikoru, Ariel, and many others were at the peak of their crafting ability.

"Well, I do hope that you're able to become friends with her. I feel like a lot of us could use more than less, especially in this world. They can be like a support network, especially when the sadder and darker times come. It's easy for people to lose their way here, and without people to bring them back from those dark thoughts, it's possible to get completely consumed by them."

Itzal listened to Calrex as he sipped more of the smoothie before shaking his head and spoke to clear something up.  "I'm sorry, I guess I didn't exactly clarify precisely what he did.  He didn't seem to be attacking her at all, but the way he pulled it off gave the illusion that he might be attacking her.  I think he was pulling off some sort of test.  However I can't just sit there and watch someone die in front of me while I do nothing.  Even if it meant I was killed in the process, if I could save a life that would mean everything to me.  Of course if I could save a life, live, and then train that life to keep them from being threatened in the future that would be much more agreeable for me," he said with a chuckle.  "Needless to say, Oikawa didn't seem happy about my rushing in to save them.  Talked about how if he wanted the player dead they would have already been dead.  I still don't understand why he was so upset with what I had done.  Either way I felt like he was testing the lower leveled players.  And I agree with you for the friends part.  A real friend sticks by others through good times and bad, and I intend to do both.  Perhaps you could help give me a head start with her?"  There was only a little bit of his smoothie left so he decided to take the risk and finish it off quickly.  When he did he placed his hand to his head as he felt the brain freeze.  It didn't last long but it was irritating, and when it ended he shook his head.  "I should have finished it slowly," he said aloud.  He stood up and returned the item to the stand.  Curious he thought, how it didn't turn to crystals like other items when their durability ran out.  Must be a new feature they're adding.  "So Calrex, were you planning on doing anything today?  I'd love to spend more time with you whenever you have the time.  If that's alright of course."

@Calrex

"Hm...that still seems rather odd, at least from what I know of Oikawa. But of course I only know what I've seen of him, so there's definitely more to the man than what I have experienced. However, for him to act like that does seem a bit strange. In any case one sec."

Getting to his feet Calrex walked over to the stand, ordering another smoothie, this time a blueberry and banana. The purple-ish liquid appeared in the glass before the NPC slid it over to him. Giving a nod of thanks the bluenette returned to the table and sat back down, "Hm...a head start. Heh, well I'm not sure how I would go about that. We're not exactly the type of people that would be doing things like social mixers and the like. Plus I can't really bring you over and use the line, 'Haaaave you met Itzal?' But I guess if you really need I could be there and at least mediate, that way if things don't go smoothly I can be there to lend a hand."

"Teayre has a handful of close friends, but going from what I've seen at the frontlines meetings and such she tends to put up a strong front, for reasons I am not sure. We're not exactly trying to command authority there."

When the young man asked what he was up to today he gave a shrug, "I'm actually not really sure. I'm fine with chatting some more if you'd like, but really once you get to the level I'm at there's really no strong reason to go out and adventure, at least not as much as if you were closer to the level most frontliners are at. I do take on the quests as they happen, but I haven't had as strong of a pull to search out dungeons right now."

Calrex seemed to think it very odd of Oikawa to do something like that and Itzal decided to trust his judgement.  After all, he knew the man far better than Itzal did.  He asked for a second as he stood to get another smoothie and Itzal just watched him do so.  He wasn't sure how many cold drinks he himself could handle.  He'd probably freeze from the inside out.  When Calrex talked to Itzal about Teayre Itzal closed his eyes in thought.  "You mentioned how she respects strength right?  So what if the three of us went on a quest together?  I sort of...  Created a fighting technique that has helped me in combat multiple times.  However by myself it can wear me out stamina wise.  I'm only level thirty two but I could show her just how far I've come right?"  He wondered if he should display Soul Barrage, his personal technique, in front of Teayre.  His guess was that she would either be vaguely interested, not impressed at all, or conflicted feelings.  Either way it was worth a shot he guessed.  Then he heard Calrex talk about how his level made most things boring.  Itzal smiled to Calrex.  "That's one of the many reasons I chose to be a scout.  There's so much that Kayaba made in this world, so much to see and explore.  However once you've discovered the different fighting styles, it's hard to come up with something unique, let alone encounter something unique.  It just becomes the same thing over and over again.  Well, perhaps we could learn more about each other.  You know, ask questions about each other.  We could take turns if you'd like.  You start."

@Calrex