[PP-F1] Mastering Soul Barrage <Itzal and Beatbox>

Itzal stood waiting for his friend in front of the gate of the town of beginnings.  This time he was wearing Niger Natio, which he rarely wore anymore since he hadn't done many fights for a while now.  Except when he soloed that was.  Today Beatbox wanted to train with Itzal and that ended up perfect for him.  Itzal still needed to work out the flaw with Soul Barrage, which was that unless he had a partner, he couldn't risk using the technique the entire fight or risk running out of stamina.  Which would not be good for him at all.  Thus when Beatbox arrived he'd tell his friend the truth about Ulises, Ulises' death, and the technique that Ulises had handed to him personally.  He would then demonstrate it to Beatbox and inform him that he would be attempting to use the technique with Beatbox in order to master it's teamwork stage.  Ulises had perfected the solo combat version, but had yet to master the teammate version.  Itzal drew Ascendant's Rosario.  It was a fairly heavy blade but he was certain that by the time he reached tier 3 he would be strong enough to order a heavier blade.  He looked at the icy blue blade as it reflected the sunlight before sheathing it again.  As he did an npc guard noticed the blade and nodded, approving the workmanship.  Itzal nodded back.  Mina had crafted the blade and he had no doubt she could become a very powerful blacksmith one day.

@Beatbox

Spoiler
Spoiler

Image result for kagamine len append

Beatbox had received a message from Itzal... looks like he wants to fight and get some Col going today... he replied to Itzal saying that he'll be there soon. With a smile, he unequipped his Leather Armor he once wore... and he put on his Append Set and Append Necklace... he looked at himself, he liked his new look... he looked rather amazing in his own head... he smiled and started to head to Itzal's location. People looked at Beatbox, some with Awe... some laughed... and some nodded there head looking the other way. The didn't care for what others thought about this players new look... he wanted to look like a star and in this world he can do so everyday with no down sides. He eventually found Itzal at the front gate of the town of beginnings. He waved at him and yelled out "Hey Itzal! How are you today!" then ran up to him and wants in front of him with a smile... he was curious to hear from his about his new look. @Itzal

Itzal heard Beatbox call out to him and turned to him, smiling at his friend.  "Hey Beat!  I'm good how have you be- woah."  Itzal blinked at the sudden change in his friend's attire.  He still had headphones, he assumed that would never change.  However the necklace, the shirt, the arm cloth.  It was so flashy.  He admitted that the design on it was pretty cool, and some of it appeared to glow, but overall it wasn't for Itzal.  It called too much attention to the wearer.  Itzal was the opposite.  He didn't want to draw everyone's attention.  He'd rather take a more delicate approach.  He smiled and shook his head with mild laughter before addressing his friend.  "How have you been your highness?He chuckled again and walked over.  "Care to explain the sudden change?  Or was there a side of you that you just haven't been showing me yet?  Either way that's an interesting getup you've selected.  I guess I'll just have to adjust."  He stared at the outfit again before blinking and shook his head with a grin once more.  Would he ever get used to something like that?  "Is this a vanity item or does it have an enhancement?  And did you by any chance change the way your armor looks?"

@Beatbox

Beatbox laughed as he didn't complete his full sentence, he guessed that Itzal just didn't know how to react to his new look. However he loved his new look, he looked like a star like he has always wanted to be. He removed his headphones from his ear, and extended an arm out to a fist bump and he laughed again when he called him "your highness". "I'm not royalty Itzal... I'm just dressing the way I have always wanted to." he said with another giggle. He listened to what he had to say and giggled and displayed a smile "I guess this is just a side you have never seen from me Itzal. A long time ago I have always wanted to dress like a star... y'know the ones in concerts and on TV and the internet and such... and I have never been able to do so... until now, in this game you can dress anyway you want to and I completely love that my dreams could be fulfilled in this world. And this is technically new Armor Itzal, and yes it has Enhancements, all of them happen to be pushed in Evasion. However my necklace..." he said pointing to his necklace that was wrapped around his neck "...provides Accuracy. Don't stare for too long, I don't want you to go blind from pure amazingness." he then laughed again. His familiar was on his shoulder looking at Itzal sniffing in his direction.

@Itzal

Itzal listened to Beat explain and Itzal nodded.  "Ah ok.  Personally I never liked drawing attention to myself but I suppose it's just me.  Still I'm glad you're fulfilling your dream Beat.  Now all you need is a really epic unique skill to grab all the attention."  He chuckled for a moment before considering whether he was getting one or not.  It had been a while since he last thought of it, and he wondered if he were really going to make it.  Let alone did he actually want it?  The more he thought about it the more unsure he became.  Still, he wondered if he couldn't help someone else get a unique skill.  He nodded to Beat as he mentioned the outfit was his armor.  "Well alright then, makes sense.  I suppose I'll need to adjust to your rather flashy outfit.  It may be amazing, but epic is displayed on the field my friend.  How about we go and test it out shall we?"  He gestured for the gate and waited for his friend to take the lead.  As they walked Itzal wondered about something.  "I wonder if we should come up with a nickname or two.  That might be fun, and possibly toward what you're shooting for?  I've got to learn the new you pretty fast or my head will explode."  Itzal chuckled.

@Beatbox

Beatbox gained a serious look as he mentioned "unique skill" he leaned in closer to Itzal, looked from side to side and whispered "Have you not heard Itzal? They say the uniques will be available again via rumors... however I need to Col to do that... its roughly 150,000 col to even get a rumor. And sometimes not always will they be true." he leaned back with a determined look. "And I tend to get one." he said before breaking into a smile. He giggled as he described how it could be epic displayed "Well then, I was about to ask if we can fight some mob's today, I need the col... And I need roughly 150 thousand of it. It's going to be super hard for me to even get that much. I do have a necklace that gives me the enhancement Prosperity... I just really need that col..." he said as he thought about having a unique skill, he thought about it so much, that he had accidentally forgot what Itzal had said last. "Say what now? What I am shooting for? Could you describe that a little more?" he asked after being brought back from his thoughts as he walked with him into the plains.

Itzal listened to his friend talk about the unique skills and when he backed up he looked at his friend with a totally blank stare.  "Dude....  I already know all of this.  Why on earth do you think I've been mob grinding so freaking hard?  Materials?  I get that stuff by the bucket full, I don't need materials!  I recently got a ring that increases the amount of col I get from the loot!"  As he spoke he pulled out of his inventory the silver and blue gem ring, which was perfectly swirled to represent the sky and it's clouds, showed it to him, and put it back.  "I certainly know about the uniques and rumors and how difficult it is!  I knew ever since I heard of the information broker!  I've been working till I dropped for this!  And I'm not about to stop now."  He finished with a smile to show Beat that he wasn't angry, just pointing out what he knew.  "And as for what I meant by shooting for, it seemed to me you wanted attention, or to get famous or something.  I thought having a nickname, or title might help you with that.  If you wanted I could always blend in with crowds and spread a rumor.  It was a random thought though, don't worry about it."  He looked up as they were nearing the forest and spotted four lizard men, each holding what looked like machete's.  Itzal drew his sword and adjusted his Oblivion Ring and pulled up the hood and mouthpiece of Niger Natio, shrouding his features.  "Ready?"

Mob info:  4 Lizard Men  <>  450/450 HP  <>  10 dmg

@Beatbox

Beatbox smiled after his first thing that he had said to him, he smirked as he thought that he was after a unique rumor as well... he looked at him and said "Well... it looks like me and you are both looking into getting one... however the col amount that we both need to get is ridiculous. Hey... you know there is a quest also that give a hefty 15,000 col on completion? It's called the <<Arabian Nights>> and I would love to do it one day... however, I truly think that I need to get to level 25 before I do a quest like that." he said as he kept walking with Itzal into the plains. He laughed and looked down with a huge smile "Well... I have come up with a title that I would love to give myself... "Beatbox: the Star of Aincrad"... yes, that title fits me so well wouldn't you think?" he looked forward to see four lizard men, he smiled and pulled out his sword and said "Ready." Beatbox lunged himself forward to the four lizard men and swung his sword at one of them and performed an AoE on all of them dealing a good amount of damage. He smirked and looked back at Itzal as he leaped back "You're up." he said.

ID: 69243 - BD: 4+3=7 / Sword Art Used: Vertical Square (8*4)

--------------------------------------

@Itzal: HP - ???/??? / EN: ??/??

Beatbox: HP - 440/440 / EN: 36/44

Lizard Man 1: HP - 418/450 -32

Lizard Man 2: HP - 418/450 -32

Lizard Man 3: HP - 418/450 -32

Lizard Man 4: HP - 418/450 -32

Edited by Beatbox

"Beatbox the star of Aincrad eh?  I think I'd like to shoot for 'Beacon of hope' to be honest.  I think that's something we all need right now."  As he watched Beatbox charge he noted that although he dealt more damage than usual, he seemed to have the same sword rank.  So he was collecting the ferocity mods eh?  It was a good idea.  He'd need to try getting those once all the scout ones were completed.  He handled Ascendant's Rosario as Beat called to him before preparing himself.  Ok, time to use Soul Barrage for the first...  Wait, should he just use it or explain it first?  No, he'd try using it first and see how Beatbox reacted.  Itzal watched as the lizards struck their weapons at Beatbox and he dashed forward.  The monsters spotted him and swung at him.  However they could not prepare for what he was about to do.  He lashed out at them, turning on his anger and fueling his sword with it, keeping the anger in check and under his complete control.  Fueled by emotions and guided by his mind, he struck at all four of them nearly at the same time, using the technique to deal nonstop strikes.  Swing the sword, let to, grab and swing with the other hand, repeat.  It was a process too fast for the eye to follow.  The monsters were taken by surprise and nearly fell over.  When he saw this he stabbed at two of them in the blink of an eye, jumped off of the other two, and shot powerful blue energy downwards at them all from his use of the sword art Lightning Fall, landing the bleeding effect on them all, as well as decent damage.

ID#  69245  BD:  7  CD:  7  MD:  9

Itzal:  640/640  <>  50/64

Beatbox:  403/440  <>  36/44

Lizard 1:  362/450  -  Bleeding added:  24 dmg per monster's turn  -  2 left

Lizard 2:  362/450  -  Bleeding added:  24 dmg per monster's turn  -  2 left

Lizard 3:  362/450  -  Bleeding added:  24 dmg per monster's turn  -  2 left

Lizard 4:  362/450  -  Bleeding added:  24 dmg per monster's turn  -  2 left

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox has smiled at Itzal and said to him "Beacon... of hope? Well well... that title fits you so perfectly Itzal. I mean if it wasn't for you I would have leveled up from when you last saw me... which was level 14 if I remember? Man... look at me now, level 22." he said with a giggle and said "You've given me hope Itzal. Keep doing what you do!" he said before he lunged forward to do his first attack. After his first attack was done he watched Itzal strike against all of them with an AoE... something was off though... he doesn't remember Itzal doing that much damage to all of them with THAT kind of power before... either way he smiled and knew that he was growing in stats in this game. He knew it was his turn and he lunged forward again to strike against them some more, and he struck them with another AoE combo dealing more and more damage to all of them at once. He looked back at @Itzal again and nodded... it was his turn now.

ID: 69246 - BD: 5+3=8 - Sword Art Used: Vertical Square

Beatbox:  403/440  <>  28/44

Lizard 1:  330/450  -  [Bleeding] -32

Lizard 2:  330/450  -  [Bleeding] -32

Lizard 3:  330/450  -  [Bleeding] -32

Lizard 4:  330/450  -  [Bleeding] -32

Edited by Beatbox

Foregoing Action

Itzal backed up real quick to allow Beatbox to strike the opponents and the moment he did he charged at them again.  The four monsters turned and each worked together to block Itzal's upcoming attack.  When he struck he completely obliterated their defense with Soul Barrage but they managed to keep themselves from getting hit.  They all worked together to parry his blade and with four swords working together, they managed to hold him at bay.  However having to parry, block and deflect an onslaught of nonstop, endless, insanely fast attacks was wearing them out very quickly.  Itzal, while his stamina was at last beginning to drain just a little, could feel his energy start to replenish.  It was good news and his stamina would be recovered when Jonathan swooped in and fought the monsters.  The moment the bleed effect kicked in and they flinched Itzal leaped backward calling "Switch!"

ID:  69247  BD:  3+2=6  CD:  9  MD:  6-3=3

Beatbox:  403/440  <>  29/44

Lizard 1:  306/450  -  [Bleeding]

Lizard 2:  306/450  -  [Bleeding]

Lizard 3:  306/450  -  [Bleeding]

Lizard 4:  306/450  -  [Bleeding]

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

ID: 69274 - BD: 9+3=10

Beatbox had watched Itzal strike against all four lizard men... and boy was he doing a lot of damage, like more than he possibly expected from him to be quite frank. Itzal was always worried about getting his skills done that he forgot about necessities with his equipment, but now... it looks like he has updated his equipment and has been putting in work since the last time he's seen him... it looks like not just Beatbox has changed since their last meeting. Beatbox smiled at Itzal's progress and he knew it was his turn next. Beatbox lunged himself forward to the four Lizard Men and performed an AoE Sword Art Combo that dealt more damage this time around to all four of them. Beatbox smirked and lunged backwards and looked at Itzal with a wink "Switchy switchy!" he yelled out with a giggle. He found this to be rather funny on how Beatbox had changed. 

Sword Art Used: Horizontal Square

@Itzal:  640/640  <>  50/64

Beatbox:  403/440  <>  22/44

Lizard 1:  270/450  -  [Bleeding] -36

Lizard 2:  270/450  -  [Bleeding] -36

Lizard 3:  270/450  -  [Bleeding] -36

Lizard 4:  270/450  -  [Bleeding] -36

Edited by Beatbox

Itzal watched as Beatbox leaped out of the way crying out a unique version of a switch.  Normally Itzal would have chuckled, but when he used Soul Barrage his raw emotions were channeled and his face, if one could see it, was constricted and focused.  As it was the darkness from the hood and mouthpiece, as well as his aggressive strikes, made him seem like someone else entirely.  The lizards once again thought they were prepared for his upcoming attack but they were dead wrong.  Itzal dashed forward like lightning, no faster than lightning, and with five strikes within one and a half seconds at three lizards individually, he struck at the one still standing.  It had registered what happened to it's comrades and threw up it's weapon in defense, attempting to block all of Itzal's insane strikes, nonstop attacks, going faster and faster each and every time.  Finally he made three final strikes before the lizard's blade went flying and his sword ignited in a black and red glow this time as he released the sword art Shadow Explosion, slashing and stabbing it's combo faster than Beatbox could even see and with such force the monster flew completely through a tree, snapping the trunk and it began falling before shattering into crystals.  "Switch!" he called, his voice only slightly deeper than usual.

ID#  69276  BD:  7  CD:  3  MD:  4-3=1

Itzal:  640/640  <>  41/64

Beatbox:  403/440  <>  22/44

Lizard 1:  174/450  -  Bleeding over

Lizard 2:  246/450  -  Bleeding over

Lizard 3:  246/450  -  Bleeding over

Lizard 4:  246/450  -  Bleeding over

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

ID: 69307 - BD: 7+3=10

Beatbox had giggled at his choice on how he would say "Switch." and he would expect Itzal to chuckle at it for a moment as well, but something didn't seem right. He didn't chuckle at all about that, that put a grin on Beatbox's face... he had watched Itzal continue to fight against one of the lizard men... he wasn't even doing an AoE attack, that was rather odd for a player to do while fighting a group of monsters. And the way he fought the lizard... well, it was different. Beatbox giggled and said with a a slight smile "Smile for once Itzal, you are only in the presence of one that dreams to become a star!" then gave a wink as he lunged forward to the group, he waited for the other Lizard Man to come forward... he wanted to damage everyone... and as soon as it grew close enough he performed the AoE combo that hit all of them. He looked back to Itzal and said "Switch and what the hell you doing? Get all of them not just one!"

@Itzal

Itzal: HP: 640/640 / EN: 41/64

Beatbox: HP: 403/440 / EN: 15/44

Lizard 1:  142/450 -32

Lizard 2:  214/450 -32

Lizard 3:  214/450 -32

Lizard 4:  214/450 -32

Edited by Beatbox

Itzal nodded as Beatbox struck all four monsters, hardly hearing his friend's comment as his mind began to calculate the next phase of his strike.  He knew Beat was going to shout switch before he said it and by the time he said the words Itzal was already beside him, preparing his attack.  When he heard Beat's question he turned to him mid swing out of instinct.  "I'll tell you after."  When he turned back he realized the grave mistake he made.  Soul Barrage required much concentration and thus when he looked away mid swing the monsters saw their chance and struck at him at the same time, each aiming for disarming him.  He twisted his body to avoid getting hit, but in the process his sword flew out of his hand, swinging through the air until it planted firmly in the tree.  Itzal muttered something Beat couldn't hear before taking evasive action, ducking in between, under and over the dancing swords around him before kicking one of the lizards and rolled out, landing beside Beat.  "Buy me time, I've got to go get my sword back."  With that he dashed toward his weapon.

ID#  69309  BD:  1  CD:  12  MD:  6-3=3

Itzal:  640/640  <>  43/64

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

ID: 69310 - BD: 9+3=10

Beatbox had listened to Itzal speak and he grinned and said to him "Tell me later? Dude, we are in combat speak to your team mate here, don't just ignore me!" then watched him absolutely miss against the lizard man, he sighed and lunged forward regardless if he said "switch" or not. He struck one of the lizard men and performed yet another AoE combo to hit all of them, dealing a good amount of damage to all of them he looked over to one that was much lower health in comparison to the others, Beatbox growled at that and took a leap back. "Now now, all of them could have the same amount of HP if you didn't swing at just one of them, we need to get them down all at once for a better chance of getting better rewards. Switch dude." he said with a little bit of anger.

@Itzal

Itzal: HP: 640/640 / EN: 42/64

Beatbox: HP: 403/440 / EN: 8/44

Lizard 1:  106/450 -36

Lizard 2:  178/450 -36

Lizard 3:  178/450 -36

Lizard 4:  178/450 -36

Edited by Beatbox

Itzal dodged the lizards in time to avoid Beatbox' AoE attack and as he reached the tree he could hear the aggravation in his friend's voice and forced himself to stop, take a deep breath, and nod.  "Yeah, sorry, it's just hard to concentrate with this technique.  I'll explain afterwards, too hard during combat."  He ripped the sword from the tree with a single yank, shattering the tree as he did so and charged the monsters.  "Coming at ya!  Out of the way!"  Itzal leaped in the air just as the lizards turned to his voice.  They saw nothing so they didn't notice Itzal's leap and thus, didn't see Lightning fall charge and struck at them, striking all four.  They all shivered and fell to one knee.  Unfortunately the bleed effect didn't land but that was alright.  When they stood up Itzal charged at them using Soul Barrage, forcing them back.  The ferocity and ruthlessness of the technique pushed them back far enough to keep them unbalanced and at the right moment he nodded to Beat.  "Your turn!  Switch!"

ID#  69311  BD:  6+2=8  CD:  12  MD:  3-3=1

Itzal: HP: 640/640 / EN: 30/64

Beatbox: HP: 403/440 / EN: 8/44

Lizard 1:  50/450 -56

Lizard 2:  122/450 -56

Lizard 3:  122/450 -56

Lizard 4:  122/450 -56

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

ID: 69312 - BD: 1+3=4

Beatbox had listened to Itzal speak about why he hadn't been saying about it at all, he still was rather upset and said "Well... why didn't you say before we got into combat then Itzal? Or where you still admiring my new look?" he said with a giggle. He continued to watch Itzal fight against the lizard men and hit all four of them instead of only one of them, he smirked and knew it was his turn next. He waited for Itzal to get back and say the word "switch". Once he heard the word he lunged forward to one of the lizard men, however on his way there he forgot to see that there was a rock there and he fell to the ground. He quickly got back up and brushed off the dirt from his shirt... "Good... it didn't get stained..." he said as he leaped back away, he looked at @Itzal and yelled out "Switch!"

Itzal: HP: 640/640 / EN: 30/64

Beatbox: HP: 403/440 / EN: 7/44

Lizard 1:  50/450 

Lizard 2:  122/450 

Lizard 3:  122/450 

Lizard 4:  122/450 

Edited by Beatbox

Foregoing Action

Itzal heard Beatbox' comment and instead of giving an answer that seemed like a weak one, and possibly could irritate his friend again, he simply responded to the second question jokingly.  "Dude, that outfit is so flashy, an astronaut would be blinded if he looked down the right way!"  He chuckled before dashing at the monsters when his friend tripped.  The lizards attempted to strike Beatbox but Itzal dashed between the two groups and parried all four strikes using Soul Barrage, before striking at them himself, once again letting loose a flurry of attacks.  With Beatbox standing directly behind Itzal, if he focuses he can spot, just once, Itzal letting go of the blade mid air while grabbing it with his other hand instantly and landing another strike.  The rest appears as a blur.  When the monsters failed to keep Itzal back they were forced to retreat again.  "let me know when you're good to go alright?  Until then I'll keep these morons off!"

ID#  69313  CD:  9  MD:  5-3=2

Itzal:  640/640  <>  31/64 energy

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox looked at his energy... right now it is extremely low... he could wait this one out to get some more energy to do one last AoE attack with what energy he has left... however he doesn't know if he'll be able to take down all of them in one go, but he can at least deal a lot of damage. He listened to his joke and gave out a hefty laugh "Pfft. I am sure some astronauts have been worse." he giggled. He took this moment to rest, he couldn't use a viable AoE with this amount of energy that he has right now "I need to get just a little energy right now, I can't attack right now. My next attack will take all of my energy that I have... so I need you to be ready to strike down all of them either now or after I am done attacking them, because after that... I am out and I can't really do anything..." he said as he looked to Itzal with a smirk "We gotta take them down soon... otherwise our efforts may have been for none."

@Itzal