[PP-F16] Beauty of Warmth, Sky and Ocean <Itzal and Kasier>

Itzal stood there on the sixteenth floor awaiting Kasier's arrival.  It hadn't been long since their last date but to Itzal it was feeling like much longer.  He really wanted to see her again, especially after Ulises' death.  With his sword grandmastered, his 'split personality' dead, and once again in full control and with his emotions, he wanted to focus on Kasier more than anything.  However he was much less shy than he was beforehand.  He believed he could hold his own this time.  And this time he was able to choose where they went.  And of course he avoided the cold floor.  However neither did he select the desert floor.  Instead he chose the floor he visited Calrex on.  It was a beautiful Island floor and he thought it would be a great place to hang out.  He went ahead and scouted out the area before sending Kasier a message so that they could avoid all monsters.  He had found a spot in a forest clearing where the entire area was covered with flowers.  Then of course there was the beach, which he had uh, never actually visited one before.  So having another new experience with Kasier aught to be fun he thought.  He was wearing his Twilight cloak as he waited, but he had managed to get his hands on a pair of trunks and sleeveless shirt for if they ended up going to the beach.  He sighed contently and scanned the area for Kasier, eager to see her again.

@Kasier

Kasier yawned. It had been a couple of days since their last date and during the time, she had managed to spend one day doing a randomly generated quest which helped boost her experience points. However, she was still far from Itzal’s level even though it was her goal to make it as high leveled as he. Although Kasier wanted to level up quickly, she knew that it wasn’t wise to rush it because she would be drained of her energy. Instead, she should probably have fun in this game while doing the things that she needs to do in order to level up higher. Hence, she was glad when Itzal offered to go on yet another date today, and this time, it would be on a floor that she had never visited before.

Kasier struggled off her bed and got dressed as pretty as she could possibly before walking out of the shop and into the early sunshine of the first floor. To the left of her shop, there was a man that she recognized, an NPC that she was quite keen to.

“Good morning, Mr. Steven.” She said with a wave to the fellow cook who was an NPC to receive a grunt and a nod from the elderly man. Normally, she would engage the man in a conversation, but today, there was someone more important than he who was waiting for her on the sixteenth floor. After making her way up there through a teleport station, she, after getting lost several times, finally found the area that Itzal was at. With a smile, she saw that the man was patiently waiting for her next to a field of flowers. “So, didn’t we just go on a date a couple of days ago?” Kasier teased the man, “Miss me already?"

Itzal heard Kasier appear and smiled to her.  When he heard her comment a little red appeared on his face but it was clear he wasn't nearly as bothered as before.  He liked Kasier too much to be bothered by a joke like that.  "Kasier, you're all I think about nowadays."  He walked over to her and gave her a hug.  He learned from the tournament event that she didn't want this displayed in public, but this was a quiet area with no players nearby.  He had made sure of that himself.  He finished the embrace and smiled.  "So you've never been to this floor eh?  I haven't been here long to be honest, but I found some pretty decent spots on the island.  Calrex pointed out a good spot on the beach as well, so we have that.  But first I have some news to tell you Kasier.  Um...  I know you didn't know him very well, but Ulises died.  Or, shorted out, or...  It's complicated and I could give the long version if you want.  But long story short he mastered a sword technique and gave it to me.  It's, powerful but without someone to cover for the user, it can wear me out stamina wise.  I don't like keeping secrets from you so I thought it best to tell you as soon as possible.  With that out of the way we can have a little fun.  Anything in particular you want to do?  We could go for a walk, head to the beach, explore, visit the primitive village.  Surprisingly they have a smoothie shop."

@Kasier

Kasier didn’t recall anyone by the name of Ulises. Sure, she had known that Itzal had a split personality occasionally, but she was not aware of another person by the name of Ulises. It sure isn’t another player in this game of Swords Art Online, at least, not that she knew of. Sure, it was always sad news for someone to die in this game, since they die in real life as well, but it was quite the random thing for Itzal to say and it wasn’t a really good statement to talk about death in such a relaxed day. It didn’t matter though, Kasier knew that Itzal meant no harm in bringing up such a statement; everything he brings up holds a purpose, not in a bad way either. “Ulises? Never heard of him. It’s unfortunate that someone had died in this game, who is this man?” Kasier asked, curious to the death of this unknown person.

Of course, despite this unusual topic, Kasier must continue on with the date that Itzal had invited her on. The day was meant to be a happy and relaxed one, not one to talk about death and things of the sort. “Uhm, maybe we can go to the beach first and then grab a smoothie on our way back. The beach does sound really appealing, however, it’s unfortunate that I don’t have any swimwear of any sorts. Do you think they have rental places there?” Kasier asked, “Of course, only if you want to go there.” Kasier made sure to add in.

Edited by Kasier

Itzal listened to Kasier as she asked who Ulises was and he rubbed the back of his head with embarrassment.  "Oh yeah, you didn't actually get an introduction did you?  Well, he was the one who fought you the night we, uh, kissed.  Like I said, it's a long story, but he's gone now."  He listened as Kasier said they could go to the beach and then get a smoothie on the way back.  Itzal nodded.  "Alright then!  I'm not sure if they have a rental place but I'm going to make a guess that they do.  And yeah I want to.  I've never been to a beach before in my life so I'd like the experience.  I have no idea what we'll do there of course, but I'm good at improvising!"  He chuckled nervously before stretching and pointing down a hidden path.  "I found that not too long ago.  There aren't any monsters and it heads straight for the beach.  We can go down that path and be safe."  As they began to walk down the path Itzal wondered what they would do at the beach.  Sand castles?  Bury each other?  Swim?  He heard lots of stories from his sister but mentally being in a digital world at the time he didn't really get all the details.  Now he wished he hadn't been 100% focused on those games in the real world.

@Kasier

Kasier nodded. Itzal had made it clear that he really didn’t want to talk about this Ulises but it only brings up more questions, especially since he said that Ulises had been the person fighting Kasier the night that they kissed. Still, Kasier was sure that she had kissed Itzal that night, which was weird. It didn’t matter though, because Kasier knew fully well that Itzal’s love for her was genuine and unflawed. There was nothing that can stop him from loving her and there was nothing that can prevent Kasier from being attracted to Itzal. Indeed, it was the perfect relationship, at least, so far that is. Only time will tell whether the two players will stay this way.

“Alright, let’s get on our way then. It seems that we have quite a lot to do today.” Kasier said and with a wink, grabbed onto Itzal’s hand, which was just a bit shorter than hers and ran down the path that the man had pointed to.

Immediately upon entering the beach, Kasier was awestruck. The place was absolutely astonishing and filled with relaxed people. This was a place of relaxation and enjoyment, a break from all the fighting and action that goes on in this game. The waves attacked the sand fiercely at times, but other times only calmly skimmed the surface of the land. It was a perfect day for the beach with the sun flying high above in the sky. “What a great way to spend the day. Alright, I guess we should probably get our swimming gear from that building over there.” Kasier pointed over, making note of a building that had a gigantic sign which read, “Rental Place”, an obvious sign that that was the location which should be visited first. “Come on. Let’s go then."

Itzal smiled when she took his hand and he was a little caught off guard when she ran him toward the path.  He supposed that was something about her.  When she was excited she ran.  Of course it wasn't hard for him to keep up with her, in fact it was easy.  When they came to a stop he was amazed by the scenery, as well as the smell of the ocean, the breeze and the warm sun.  Then he noticed all the people.  His heart sunk a little bit as he had hoped for some privacy but then he noticed Kasier was happy and he decided that maybe crowds weren't a problem after all?  He heard her mention the swimwear rental shop and as she brought him there said to her, "Um, I actually have swimwear already.  I can wait outside the changing room though."  When they walked into the store Itzal stopped dead at the door and gave a long whistle.  He had no earthly idea mankind could come up with so many swimsuits of every size and shape.  Some were appropriate, some were typical, and some Itzal barely glanced at before looking the other way.  Well, he thought.  More options means more customers he guessed.  "I'll wait for you then."

@Kasier

“Geez, what was that whistle for?” Kasier asked, giving Itzal a teasing look as she walked into the shop that held quite the amount of swimwear for both men and women. It was strange that such a place even exists, a place for players to rent swimming equipment seemed rather weird. Of course, Kasier wouldn’t question this game because literally everything in this game was possible, as long as the system allows it. Of course, Kasier was never the type of girl who would choose a swimwear that was too exposing. She had no intentions of looks from other male players, sure, she wouldn’t mind if it was Itzal but some of the players in this game were messed up, and she was shown this by an encounter with a giant known as Domarus. That occasion had long slipped her mind but she had learned something important that day.

A sigh was brought as she grabbed a small sized blue bikini, which seemed to suit her good and appeared to cover her up completely, exposing only her stomach and her leg and nothing else, which was what she needed. Heading into the changing room, she hinted to Itzal to wait for her and began to change immediately with the use of the equipment function, which was located within her HUD, Ahhh…. The wonders of this game, I don’t even have to undress by myself now. She thought, rolling her eyes as she changed into the bikini. After she was done and after looking into the mirror, she opened the dressing room and walked out before asking, “So? How do I look?"

Somehow Itzal knew she wouldn't grab a one piece.  He saw her grab the bikini and although it was covering, he drew in a hidden, sharp breath.  As she entered the dressing room he sort of paced back and forth.  He couldn't handle all the bikini's at the lakeside party and he was somewhat happy that Opal had filled his mind with thoughts as it allowed him to avoid being embarrassed by everyone there.  However it was his girlfriend this time.  As he paced back and forth the shopkeeper's eyes followed him, her lips curling into a smile as she saw the slight red on his cheeks.  "A bit eager to see your girl in a-"  "Don't, even start" he said, turning on her with a hand pointed at her.  The woman smirked before letting him be.  Itzal sighed and continued pacing until Kasier walked out of the dressing room and he forced all the redness to stay off his face and although it was difficult, he kept his body relaxed to restrain all the nervousness from showing.  As he hoped, it wasn't very revealing and made it easier to look at her.  In fact, since he could actually look at her with it on, he thought she looked stunning.  "How do you look?  You look amazing!  I-I didn't mean it like, well, you know."  Now he couldn't help the blush from showing.  "Uh, give me a sec and I'll change."  He quickly moved into the dressing room and used the hud to change into his swimming shorts and sleeveless shirt.  He wasn't embarrassed to go shirtless, but he was at least hoping the shirt would reduce the cold of the water a little bit.  He walked back out with a smile.  "Ok, you ready?"

@Kasier

Kasier didn’t mind it. Sure, the bikini wasn’t the most sheltered thing but it was probably one of the more “safe” ones in the shop. Plus, as long as Itzal didn’t mind it, she wouldn’t mind it either. In fact, she was quite embarrassed to come out from the dressing room and when she did, she saw that the shop owner had quite the grin on him while Itzal’s face was practically red. That… Didn’t help the situation at all for Kasier either. Feeling both of their eyes on her in this empty shop only brought a blush of embarrassment and forced her eyes downwards. Kasier nodded as Itzal stated that he would go ahead and get dressed as well. Meanwhile, she would pay for the short-term rental and after doing so quickly, she stood there, waiting for Itzal to come out… A queen waiting for her king, perhaps that was what seemed nostalgic to Kasier. Her past, however, is not the present and her childhood had long disappeared by now.

As soon as Itzal walked out of the dressing room, Kasier smiled. The man’s costume was plain, a bit dull but fitting for a player like him. He really didn’t like attention, and it was to be expected due to his past. Perhaps Kasier will make it her goal, to make Itzal more social and free to communicate with other people. “Wait, let me grab a blanket, lotion, sunglasses, and a giant umbrella.” She said, grabbing all the above items and paying for them. “Ok, now I am ready to head out. Let’s go then, I can’t wait to lay there under the sun, unless you want to buy something yourself?"

Itzal heard Kasier mention how she wanted to get a few more items and watched her go search the store for the items she had in mind.  He could hear the woman begin to smirk and almost comment before he raised his hand.  "I don't know if your a player or npc, but either way could you please just let us enjoy ourselves?"  He looked at the woman and although she was clearly wanting to add to their embarrassment she kept her mouth shut.  Itzal nodded and saw Kasier bring up the items and ask if he wanted to get anything.  Hmm he thought.  "One second..."  He moved through the store looking for something specific.  "I've heard about people doing this, though I haven't exactly tried it, let alone seen anyone do it, in person or on television since I never really cared for that stuff, but."  He grabbed the item and returned to the group with a surfboard.  "Never too late to try new things right?"  He paid the rent for the surfboard and grinned at Kasier.  "You ready?"  The two finally stepped out of the doorway and Itzal felt the warm breeze of the ocean much more than with his Twilight Cloak on.  Itzal scanned the area for a suitable spot and when he did he pointed to the area.  "I can set up the umbrella there if you want.  We could sit down for a bit or go into the water.  I'm up for either as it will be a new experience for me either way."

@Kasier

Kasier smiled a warm smile, perhaps even warmer than the rays of the sun as Itzal grabbed a surfboard and rented it. The remainder of the day seemed very bright and despite the fact that Itzal seemed very annoyed at the shop owner, she didn’t let the woman get to her even with that awkward facial feature that she was making. Whatever. She thought, turning away and waited for Itzal to finish up with whatever he was trying to grab. As soon as the two were ready, Kasier walked outside with Itzal and after her eyes were adjusted to the brilliant rays of the sun, she looked around and listened as Itzal offered something that they can do.

“I think I am going to lay there and just chill until later and do something else more fun eventually. Actually, I can set up the umbrella myself if you want to go to the ocean. Of course, I wouldn’t mind if you want to come and sit with me for a while.” Kasier said, walking ahead of Itzal and placed the blanket on the ground.

(Sorry, short post, a bit short on time atm)

Itzal listened as Kasier said she'd lay down and relax for a moment and do something exciting later on.  He heard her say how she wouldn't mind him sitting with her for a while and smiled when she did.  "Alright then."  He helped Kasier get the umbrella into the sand deep enough to be sturdy while she lay out the blankets.  When she sat down he did the same beside her with a sigh.  The ground was surprisingly comfortable for sand.  Much different than the desert.  He wondered what the difference in the sand was.  Then he realized he hadn't sat down for comfort in who knows how long.  The breeze and the warmth of the sun was a wonderful feeling he thought.  He closed his eyes for a moment and a gentle smile touched his lips.  "You know, I think the last time I just sat down or lay down to relax was when we first met.  You remember Kasier?  You were doing the earning a living quest and I ended up helping you out.  You reminded me that day that I shouldn't spend all my time level grinding, to take frequent breaks just to enjoy the world I'm in, and the others around me...  I'm so glad I met you Kasier."

@Kasier

Kasier laid down as soon as she set down her pink and green blanket. The blanket itself was not the most attractive of all things but that was not the purpose of the blanket. Just like everything else in this game, it has a purpose. Not a single thing in this game is wasted, unable to fulfill the purpose that it has within this game. That is the brilliance of the programmers that worked so hard to finish off this game; they have created a game that is no longer simply a game.

Kasier looked forwards at the shore of the beach after Itzal set up the umbrella on the beach, which offered both of the players shade from the blazing sun as they lay on the ground of the hot sand. She truly enjoyed the peace of this beach despite the fact that various people, both NPCs and players alike, surround them. The environment truly did not matter to Kasier, as long as Itzal was by her side. Perhaps he is the one who has kept her active in this game for so long, so long that she had already become a high quality healer. A few more skill points and she would reach the front lines and fight floor bosses with those high-leveled players.

It was all thanks to Itzal really. “Yeah, back then, I was still just a little girl huh?” Kasier said, humorously speaking, “I was still so innocent back then. I guess I have changed so much since then.” After acknowledging that she had changed, a moment of silence arose. “You haven’t changed at all Itzal. You’re always willing to help anyone who needs help and always so enthusiastic about spending time with me. That night, I kind of forced my way onto you. So… Itzal, do you really love me?"

He listened as Kasier talked about how she was so innocent back then and how she changed.  Itzal smiled at her.  "You may be much more mature than you were back then Kasier, but you're still just as kind.  I can see it in your eyes even if others can't."  As she talked about how he hadn't changed he chuckled as he thought of how he had entered the game, so stiff and stressed, focused on nothing but getting stronger, surviving the game, and seeking out and killing player killers.  He wondered how she'd react once he told her that.  He was about to share this information with her when she continued and once the question was asked he lay on the ground.  "After that night I went home to my shop and tried to make a few crafts.  I failed the first few and finally I decided to just let my emotions do the talking.  The one and only item I could craft that day, was the very song I gave to you Kasier.  That song came from my heart.  Before that song I was confused but as I sang it I began to realize that yes.  Yes Kasier."  He turned to look at her.  "I love you.  As something much more than a friend or sibling.  You mean much more to me than that.  And the more I learn about you, the more I get to see in you.  It only makes me love you that much more.  I haven't found anything I dislike as of yet."

@Kasier

Kasier blushed, her head looking down in attempt to hide her face of both joy and embarrassment. She was glad that Itzal loved her just as much as she did and she wasn’t afraid to show her affection for the man that she so loved. However, there is no way that she is being this cheesy out in public. Despite the fact that no one around was even sparring them a glance, it felt like the whole world was staring when Itzal was staring at her. It felt like she was the star, the star of the show, and the main character of a novel.

And she loved it.

Kasier, still looking down, began to speak once more, “Y-yeah. I’m glad that you love me just as much as I love you. I know that I have changed since the beginning of the game, and although many players might not like me for such a transformation, I don’t care. All I want is for you to love me, for you to approve of me and for me to stand by your side no matter what circumstance. I will never, ever leave you alone as long as I stay alive… And I can stand by that oath.” Kasier finished, realizing that she had spoken a bit too loud and looking around to see if anyone was watching. Fortunately, no one seemed to notice. Of course, talking such deep words in a beach was very unfitting. “Geez, do you want to go into the water? The conversation has gotten way too deep for my likings out here."

Itzal noticed Kasier blush and look down and he blushed ever so slightly himself.  He knew how it felt to be embarrassed and while he didn't know the source of it he could respect it.  He heard Kasier mention how all she wants is his love and approval.  When she swore she'd never leave him alone he smiled to her.  Then he saw her glance around looking at other people and he was starting to get an idea of where her embarrassment was coming from, so when she suggested they go into the water he nodded and complied immediately.  He walked over and grabbed the surfboard.  "Well, I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm teaching myself from ground zero....  This should be interesting I think."  He walked over to the water and the moment he touched it he regretted this.  Instinctively he jumped back from the cold water but then he forced himself forward.  He shoved through the water and slowly made it to the deeper area, ignoring the cold that was attempting to sap at his skin.  Actually he realized, it wasn't that bad.  Just like how phantom pain worked, he had expected it and thus felt it.  Survival was ignoring most of the cold.  He held onto the board as he made his way out then pulled himself onto it, trying not to slip.  When he was sitting on the board he saw that one or two people were watching besides Kasier.  He hoped this didn't go too badly.

@Kasier

Kasier sighed as Itzal dropped the topic immediately. She knew that the man was fully aware of her source of embarrassment. It was very obvious, at least, what she was so embarrassed about. She figured that Itzal must have caught on by now, for it really wasn’t hard to see what Kasier was thinking at this time… Especially when she is doing so bad trying to hide her face, which was now pink as a peach. Although she really didn’t like this much attention from the ordinary person, she loved the way that Itzal stared at her. Actually, she was rather disappointed with Itzal went off into the ocean immediately without saying much else to her. She had wanted a word of assurance such as “I will never abandon you, either” but that is okay, because deep inside, she knew fully well that he would never leave her in the darkness, in times of struggles.

Kasier nodded as Itzal grabbed the surfboard and moved to the ocean. Kasier, personally, had never attempted to surf on the waves before, but she wasn’t sure about Itzal. The man had stated that he was a shut-in back in the real world so Kasier was quite worried when he decided that he would attempt something such as this. Still, it excited Kasier to see Itzal trying something so new with such bravery. A grin arose on her face, watching as the man took his first steps into the ocean. “Alright Itzal. Don’t hurt yourself, please.” Kasier said, imitating the voice of a mother, caring for her child. The voice had come out to be quite the caring one, maybe that was why people used to tell her that she would be a great mother when she grows up and she was never so sure about that one. “I’ll be at the shore, cheering you on!”

When Kasier talked to her as a mother would he looked at her with a joking 'really?' look before laughing a little bit.  "I'm not going to get scratched, don't worry."  He chuckled as he sat on the board.  He was so sure he could figure this out but now that he was out here.  was he really ready for this?  He took a deep breath.  Ok Itzal,  think about it.  Wave comes up so you need to be moving forward when you see it coming.  According to what you're fellow gamers from the real world have said it needs to be pretty big too.  After that something about standing up and keeping your balance.  Balance wasn't what he was worried about.  It was the first time when he didn't know how it felt to be on a wave at all.  This was after all, the first time he'd been at a beach.  He learned how to swim thanks to their pool, but that was nothing with moving water.  He heard a rushing of the water and looked behind him but it didn't seem big enough.  He continued to keep an eye out until he finally spotted something in the distance.  A bump emerged, then shrunk back down.  Then appeared closer and bigger this time.  He quickly calculated it's size when it reached his area and knew it was going to be big.  he adjusted his permission and kept his breathing even.  Soon he began to hear the roar of a large wave forming behind him and began to paddle forward with his arms.  He was moving slowly but then he could feel the board moving on it's own and decided it was time to get to his feet.  He was a bit slow as it was his first time but made it long enough to be able to feel the movement under his feet.  Unfortunately the combination of the moving water, the moving and tilting board, and Itzal's complete unreadiness for all of this caused him to fall backwards into the water.  The water moved him around and he opened his eyes only to find that he couldn't spot the surface.  He saw his breath meter go down slowly and thought fast.  If he couldn't move upward since he didn't know where upward was, he'd let the water push him out.  He closed his eyes and relaxed.  The water slowly rose him up and when he felt his body break the surface he shot his head upward and smiled to Kasier to show her he was ok.  "I didn't really expect to succeed the first round.  You want to try?"  He finished with a joking face so that if she didn't want to or was afraid to she didn't feel the need to.

@Kasier

Kasier looked on from the shores to see Itzal begin the process of surfing. The man seemed quite experienced and looked forwards with fierceness. Perhaps this was just an illusion of Kasier’s because that was what she wanted to see from Itzal, her lover. However, it would turn out that the man was inexperienced, something that was to be expected from a shut-in such as he. Kasier didn’t mind though, he didn’t have to be perfect; in fact, Kasier would probably lose interest if he were perfect. Kasier smiled and held back a huge laugh when Itzal was washed over by the ocean, digging him within the blueness of the fierce ocean. At first, she was worried that Itzal would drown but soon enough, the man came right back up and offered her the surfboard, asking if she wanted to try. Now, there was no way that she would attempt to do something as dangerous as this.

In fact, Kasier couldn’t even swim. Of course, she was sure that the game did automatically do such a thing for you when you are thrown to a situation where you must swim, this is how this game was, your physically abilities in this game are not determined by what you can or cannot do in real life. Even so, Kasier wouldn’t ever willingly go too deep into the ocean… Sure, she can go to the places where the water wasn’t deep but there was no way that she would go any deeper than the shore. A sigh followed as she held out her hand, “Uh. No thanks. No way I’m going to surf after what I just saw you do.” Kasier said, closing her eyes and speaking with sass. “Hey, let’s go explore the beach. This place is really big, and we have plenty of time left today to do whatever we want.” Kasier said, grabbing onto Itzal’s hand and running away into the horizon on the heat of the sand.