[PP - F2] Raven Hollow [Church]

The voices of the robed figures began to give Prince orders. "Stop..." he whimpered. "I just want it to STOP!" 

He stumbled again and his entire body went numb as he pressed his hands onto the red marks again, infecting himself even more. He felt like he had no control at this point: he was desperate to make this horrible effect end, and by listening to what the figures wanted him to do, perhaps it would. Without warning, Prince unsheathed his sword. The robed figures had a strong command that they repeated several times in his ears: sacrifice. It was clear that with every touch of this paint-like fungus, his hallucinations and fear would get more and more dangerous. If he were in his right mind, he would suggest that they had to figure out a way to get rid of this red paint. Instead, his eyes darted back and forth with his sword gripped tightly in his hand as he tried to figure out which player the robed figures wanted.

Itzal watched as the player's hallucinations seemed to become increasingly worse.  He was about to help try calming him down when the player drew his sword.  Itzal immediately pushed Birdie behind him and drew his own sword, opening his battle menu and equipping Niger Natio Ascendant's Rosario, his icy blue blade, and Oblivion Ring before standing between Birdie and the player, his sword in the air in a position made for either defensive or offensive strikes.  "I understand you are going through hallucinations right now but know that I will not let you make a single strike against any of these other players.  I will stop you if I must."  If the player attacked, Itzal could always use a stun sword art and stop him in his tracks.  He hoped it didn't come down to it however.  He knew his own hallucinations were going on as he could see the player's weapon looked like a tier two demonic and, no offense, but he clearly hasn't been in any boss raids.  Itzal kept his hand sturdy as he watched the status timer slowly tick down, nearing zero on his own end.

After Itzal made his appearance Calrex took a step back as the young man immediately went to work helping Prince with what was ailing him. It seemed from the usage of his <<Reveal>> skill mod that the substance Prince had touched was apparently linked together like a web...no, likely more like the way a fungus works. It creates a network through the interior of whatever it was in, with the mushrooms that everyone knows being only a small part of a huge connected structure.

However, it seemed the immediate concern was not yet over. Prince had reached for his blade, something that the bluenette had suspected might happen. Unfortunately it didn't seem like the effects were going away anytime soon.

Walking over to Itzal he gave a calm breath, "At this point drawing swords isn't going to help. You said that this is connected somewhere below? Then we should probably try and shut down whatever is there. If whatever effect is occurring is in fact a status effect, then it will either cooldown, or potentially refresh until the source is dealt with. You and Birdie go on ahead. I'll take up the rear, that way there's a wall between in case Prince isn't able to keep the hallucinations at bay."

• 5 months later...