Back to the Bloody Sands (Blood in the Sand) [SP-F5]

Jonathan stood on the fifth floor. The sand and wind brushed his golden hair from side to side as his green eyes surveyed the endless sands. He sighed as he stood there. He actually hated the fifth floor for its heat and sand. And its heat. He was here for a reason though. First off, He had not soloed in forever. That was the reason he had fallen far behind Itzal who had been training nostop. Jonathan needed to start training again, and hopefully catch back up. Second, there was a quest here that he had not completed yet, which he needed to fix. He had heard numerous times of a quest that was on this floor, that involved killing a shark. Luckily, he had done the traveler quest and would not be injured by sandstorms. He opened up his menu's and opened up the quest tab. He found the quest <<Blood in the Sand>>. He clicked accept and read the instructions. He must find and kill the Shark. Wow, once again so helpful. Jonathan began to head out. Luckily the Quest gave him a map of where to go. He equipped his Sword Shield and armor which materialized. Let's get started. We need to really start training. Jonathan began to head off toward the edge of the sands. The location was through The <<El Paso del Diablo>> So it was on the way to a different town. Jonathan shrugged. This should go over quickly. 

Jonathan walked forward eyeing around him. He did not want to be caught by surprise by any unwanted visitors. Jonathan sighed. A few beads of sweat trickled down his face. It cooled his body temperature. One thing he hated about the Nerve Gear was the ability to manipulate your emotion's feelings and expressions. He wondered how Kayaba had developed something to manage that. He had also heard from some people that it even worked for Sexual intercourse. Jonathan shrugged. Some things people couldn't go one video game without doing. Jonathan shrugged, before stopping seeing as the ground began to shift in front of him about ten feet. Is this possibly the shark perhaps? Jonathan yanked his sword from its sheath, pointed it forward. As the shifting moved under him he leapt to the side, watching as a Giant Snake uprooted itself from the sand. Jonathan smiled, leaping back. He held his blade in a reverse grip, and he swung around, attempting to strike the enemy. His sword made contact with the snake. Jonathan returned his sword to a normal grip before continuing to strike the snake multiple times in alternating angles. He made sure his last hit was quite hard to knock the snake out of the sand completely. The beast hissed before returning to the Sand in which it came. 

Spoiler

69571 BD:10 Hyper Crit +2 DMG MD:2+2=4 Miss

Jonathan 420/420 <36/42>       Energy: 42-7+1=36  <<Lasing Chopper>> used. 

Sand Serpent 147/210       210- ( [7+2] x7) 63= 147 HP Remaining

• 50 Damage
  • 0 Mit
  • 2 ACC

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan smiled as he straightened from his final strike. He had done quite the number on the poor snake, and almost removed it down to Half health. Jonathan smiled, which quickly faded as he heard the sound of sands moving. He scanned around, looking for the source. Once again it was under him, and Jonathan jumped straight up and completed a half back flip  facing downwards to strike downward on the snake. He watched as the Snake erupted from the sands, coming straight upward at Jonathan. Jonathan slashed down, but missed by a couple of inches. Countering, the snake ran its body along Jonathan's side. Its body was apparently really sharp. Its body cut up Jonathan's side leaving a red gash. Jonathan fell to the ground, landing in a crouched position. The snake slithered forward, raising its head, rearing it back and then striking forward quickly. It barely gave Jonathan enough time to react. He put his shield in front of him, and the snake smashed into his thorns damaging itself. Jonathan smiled. Now was his chance to counter. 

Spoiler

69572 BD:3 Miss CD; 10 Regen MD: 6 Thorns Activated 

Jonathan 420/420 <35/42>       420- (50-43) 7=413+9= 420 HP

Sand Serpent 133/210 -14 Thorns

Edited by Morgenstern

After the Serpent smashed itself into his shield, it reared back, pain inflicting it. He hissed loudly, but Jonathan did not sit back and congratulate himself. He did not have time. With a bright golden light from his sword art Aura. Jonathan dashed forward, dodging the swipe of a tail from the wriggling serpent and leapt forward bringing his blade above his head, leaping up to strike. As he leapt up the Snake stopped moving. It dodged Jonathan's strike and wrapped its tail around him. Using the downward momentum, it threw Jonathan into the sand. Jonathan spit the sand that had gathered in his mouth and growled. He appeared to have gotten much to overconfident from his first successful blow. I also wish I worked on Accuracy some, but sadly I do not believe there is a skill for that. I also do not have the room in my equipment for the Accuracy stat. The Serpent dug itself back into the sand, making Jonathan stop thinking to listen fro the sounds of movement. 

Spoiler

69597 BD:1 MD:6 Regen and Thorns Activated

Jonathan 420/420 <34/42>       420- (50-43) 7= 413 +9 (Regen)= 420

Sand Serpent 119/210 -14 Thorns

Edited by Morgenstern

The snake removed itself from the battlefield and hid it itself in the sands below, obscuring it from view. Jonathan grunted, and then went completely silent, trying to figure when the Snake would reveal itself. He thought he heard movement underneath him and he leapt to the side. From about twenty feet away, the snake jumped out of hiding, and wrapped itself around Jonathan. Then it began to constrict him, literally squeezing the life out of him. Jonathan struggled free and the snake hissed. This is practically unfair. He can hide himself away from the battle, from my strikes. Jonathan sighed as the Snake buried itself under the ground once more. Jonathan held out his blade, and put himself in an crouched position. Being closer to the ground would make him feel and hear better of the ground. I have to determine a good plan. That is the only way to complete this. 

Spoiler

69767 BD:3 MD:10 Hyper Crit, Regen Activated. 

Jonathan 420/420 <33/42>       420- (52-43) 9= 411 +9 (Regen)= 420

Sand Serpent 119/210 

Edited by Morgenstern

As Jonathan crouched he began to figure where the serpent would rise from. It has seen itself in advantage of Speed. But I can out maneuver, and I can outsmart it. Jonathan felt the movement of the sand directly underneath him. This was it. He leapt upwards, watching as the snake jumped up. Jonathan twisted himself away from its fangs, and then spiraled downward, slashing the serpent on the process seven different times. Jonathan smiled, leaping backwards away from the snake. The snake hissed and began to slither toward him slowly. As it moved close enough, it snapped at him, but Jonathan dodged, with much time to spare. I just have to identify its next move. That is the way how it is done. Jonathan watched as the snake sunk back into the sand. This would quicken up from here. Jonathan crouched once more, his blade extended outward. He would not fail. He would come out on top, whereas these low minded bits of data would crumble. 

Spoiler

69769 BD:8 MD:1  No Regen

Jonathan 420/420 <<27/42>> -7 +1 (Lasing Chopper)

Sand Serpent 70/210 -49     119- (7x7) 49= 70 HP 

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan sat still. Listening for the familiar sign of the snake's return. Will doing this get me as strong as Itzal is now? Jonathan thought. Itzal was much stronger than he now. The man grinded repeatedly like it was nothing. Jonathan would need to train a lot, and would end up training endlessly. There was a rustle, headed towards him. Now was his chance. He leapt to side, watching as the Serpent unearthed itself. Jonathan quickly changed motion, his extended blade moving quickly. He slashed horizontally, then put the rest of his sword in an upward slash. A ray slashed up its body. Finishing his attack, he leapt up and removed most of the serpents body. As Jonathan fell, most of the snake was gone, leaving a four foot snake. It was rather large, but no match anymore. Its health only had a mere sliver. Jonathan laughed and readied himself, advancing on the smaller creature. 

Spoiler

69770 BD:10 Hyper Critical +2 Damage MD:2

Jonathan 420/420 <<21/42>>  Energy -7 +1 (Lasing Chopper)

Sand Serpent 7/210 -49     70- ([7+2] x7) 63= 7 HP 

69770 BD:10 MD:2

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan smiled as he advance on the smaller creature. It wriggled round as if were helpless. Lost little snake? Didn't your mother tell you not to mess with strangers. Jonathan smiled raising his blade to smite down the serpent. Then everything happened all to fast, The snake rolled out of the way and turned its body. It lunged at Jonathan aimed at his chest. Jonathan staggered back and blocked with his shield. The Snake shattered upon impact. Jonathan smiled. It actually did much better at the end that I thought it would. Jonathan sheathed his curved sword and began to move on. He had found a snake but his real enemy was nothing else but a shark itself. It would probably be at least about another thirty minutes of walking. Perhaps the Shark would give a bit more of a fight. Though Jonathan had heard rumors that it was quite easy. Well at least the gemini quest will not be that hard. 

Spoiler

68822 MD:8 Thorns and Regen activated

+1 Material

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan walked forward. The walks on this floor were quite boring when he was alone. At least on the fourth floor he enjoyed himself quite a bit. He felt much better in the colder climates than on this floor. The only thing on this floor that was interesting was the church of the Damned that had no intention of letting the player in. He sighed but stopped as he seen something sitting on top of the sand. Perhaps this was the shark. Jonathan brandished his weapon and seen a human shaped creature. It was a Urutan-Yensa mob. They carried small knives and wore cloaks to mask their identities or what they looked like underneath. Occasionally they carried a Katana. The creature began to advance and it whipped out a knife. Jonathan smiled before he heard footsteps behind him. He ducked quickly watching as the blade of a katana sailed over his head. There was more than one. Jonathan dove in, slashing the one with a katana. Jonathan watched as the other one ran off in the other direction, possibly warning the rest of the mobs nearby. Good, I only need one at a time. 

Spoiler

69895 BD:7 MD:3

Jonathan 420/420 <<15/42>> -7+1 Lasing Chopper

Urutan- Yensa 161/210 -49

60 DMG +2 ACC

Edited by Morgenstern

The Urutan held out its katana as its friend began to run off into the distance. This should be fun. I like fighting mobs with weapons. Jonathan quickly moved forward, but the Urutan was almost as quick. Their swords caught eachother multiple times as Jonathan swung his sword, testing an open region. Jonathan blocked a few attempts and came in with his blade. Their swords locked for a split second. Jonathan smiled and shoved back giving him some distance. The tankling charged forward, leaping to side. The Urutan fell for his trick. The Urutan struck forward missing him y quite a few feet. Jonathan dove in taking his chance. He struck the creature seven times in total. The creature fell back, swinging its weapon as it fell. The weapon grazed his shield dealing a bit of damage. Jonathan smiled as he healed some. It was not enough for his health to be full but it was decent enough. My... You sure you can hold me off until your friend returns?

Spoiler

69899 BD:9 Crit +1 DMG MD:6+2=8 Thorns and Regen Activated

Jonathan 412/420 <<9/42>>    HP: 420- (60-43) 17+9= 412   Energy: -7+1 Lasing Chopper

Urutan- Yensa 91/210 -56 (8x7) -14

Edited by Morgenstern

The Urutan faltered away keeping its blade close to it. Jonathan smiled holding his blade out in front of him. He was breathing heavily as his energy was beginning to get low. The second Urutan was out of sight, and hopefully would not be fast enough to warn its friend. Jonathan dashed forward. He would have to make the most of the energy he had remaining. He extended out his sword and struck forward multiple times. The Urutan blocked and dodged a few, but then Jonathan began to land some hits. Its health bar drained until it blocked again. It thrust his sword forward which was blocked easily by Jonathan's shield. Jonathan smiled before pushing off the ground and backing himself away from the Urutan. You fight well for most mobs on this floor. Too bad you won't be able to tell your friends I said that. Why am I talking to a mob. Is it the suspicion that one of them could actually talk back? 

Spoiler

69901 BD:7 MD:8+2 Thorns & Regen activated

Jonathan 404/420 <<3/42>>    HP: 412- (60-43) 17+9= 404   Energy: -7+1 Lasing Chopper

Urutan- Yensa 28/210 -49 (7x7) -14 Thorns

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan watched as the Urutan fell back. Its health had entered the red zone, and the end was near. Jonathan grinned. This would leave it all to easy. Only problem was, now that it was in red its pattern would change. Got any tricks up those sleeves of you cloak? Jonathan smiled and charged forward. A quick clean slice would seal the deal. Jonathan slashed horizontally aiming for the creature’s neck. Quickly, The Urutan ducked, causing Jonathan’s blade to sail over its head. Jonathan gasped and quickly leapt backwards and into the air. Jonathan heard a cackling noise made from the Urutan. The creature leapt up after him, slashing repeatedly at Jonathan. The Tankling blocked the blows and easily fell to the ground. He had gotten damaged but not to terribly. The Urutan had also been affected by the thorns. It was a good move, but you will have to do better than that. Jonathan raised his blade once more preparing for another assault.

Spoiler

69904 BD:4 MD:8+2 Thorns & Regen Activated

Jonathan 396/420 <<2/42>>    HP: 404- (60-43) 17+9= 396   Energy: -7+1 Lasing Chopper

Urutan- Yensa 14/210 

Edited by Morgenstern
This time Jonathan stood steady, readying himself for the Urutan to attack. I’ll have this creature attack first and counter it, ending`the fight and escape before the rest of the Urutan tribe gets here. They stood facing eachother. Jonathan held his sword out waiting for the attack. After what seemed to be forever the Urutan stepped in charging. Jonathan smiled, dodging. Now comes the counter! Jonathan swung his sword. The Urutan dodged and countered. Jonathan smiled blocking and slashing until finally he gave up on the assault and leapt back to take a small breath. The Urutan was going to be impossible to hit now. Going to be hard to get. Sorry to break it to you though, I have to finish this quickly your friends will be arriving shortly and I do not plan to be anywhere near. Jonathan smiled holding his sword out. A good slash and it would be all over. This creature is not going to let it go easy, I will have to surprise it. It should not be that hard.
Spoiler

69905 BD:3 MD:1+2=3

Jonathan 396/420 <<1/42>>    

Urutan- Yensa 14/210

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan watched as the Urutan took a defensive stance, taking its sword and holding it forward. Jonathan smiled. It was perfectly open if he moved quick enough. Jonathan readied himself making the motions to charge a low level sword art. No energy would appear though. Dang! I’m out of energy! The Urutan made a cackling noise and Jonathan dashed forward straight at it. Seeing his move, the Urutan backed away but it was too late. Jonathan’s sword severed his opponent’s chest. Jonathan smiled, he thought that would finish the job. The Urutan fell back, ending in a crouched position. Jonathan growled at the Urutan. I have places to be! It would be nice if you would die! Jonathan held out his weapon extended preparing to go full assault. The Urutan would probably not attack. If I move just fast enough, one more quick blow should do it. Then I will have to hide...

Spoiler

69997 BD:9 MD:1+2=3

Jonathan 396/420 <<1/42>>    

Urutan- Yensa 5/210 -9

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan held his sword out, pointing forward to keep the Urutan at bay. He was breathing heavily, the fights in succession left him out of energy. This would mean his attacks would be slower, weaker, and uch less dynamic. Jonathan held his breath and began to run forward, bringing has blade in from the side. The Urutan deflected his blade and cackled taking advantage of Jonathan's weakened state. Jonathan grunted as the Urutan charged quickly, out manuvering him and sliced thrice on his chest. Jonathan fell onto the ground, his weapon skidding away from him. The Urutan cackled and Jonathan began to crawl to his weapon. Retrieving it, he stood, preparing himself for the enemy. "Your currently much better than me, but you will activate my thorns before I die!" The Urutan cackled and began to advance on him. It slashed at him, but Jonathan masterfully blocked with his weapon, the sound of a clang as their weapons met. Jonathan pushed back giving him some distance. 

Spoiler

69998 BD:2 MD:9 Regen Activated

Jonathan 387/420 Health: 396- (61-43) +9=9 DMG

Urutan-Yensa 5/210

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan stood in a defensive stance. It was going to be impossible to get a decent hit to finish this guy without sword arts. Jonathan held his shield in front of him, waiting for the Urutan to attack. It took a bit as the game decided what move to make for it next. Jonathan watched the ground shuffled as the Urutan dashed forward. Jonathan smiled as it thrust its blade forward colliding with Jonathan's shield. Jonathan shoved back into the Urutan, causing it to faal back and get stabbed by Jonathan's golden thorns that lines his shield. The Urutan shrieked and shatter, dissolving into nothing. Jonathan sighed and collapsed, falling to the ground with a thud. He was breathing heavily. He was exhausted, the game made you tired as you reached low energy and he was completely out, every last drop of it. He sat up, his head spinning just a bit. He looked over at a overhang, that barely had any entrance. In there, that is where I can hide... Jonathan stood, walking over, and then went prone and crawled inside. It was dark, but there was no sign of life. He slumped over laying on his back. He would be able to heal in peace in here. 

Spoiler

70250 BD:1 MD:4+2=6 Thorns and Regen activated, Mob killed.  LD:20!!!!!

1050 Col and 2 materials

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan laid quietly waiting for the sound of footsteps outside. He did not believe that he would be discovered here. His energy was beginning to restore as well as his health which was good. He had to be nearing the end of the quest to get to the shark. It would be not cool if he had to travel much farther. He had been out here for a bit, and he really did not like the fifth floor. He brought himself up to sit. He slowed his breathing and observed around. It was much smaller than he thought as it was a large rock. Hopefully it would not fall over and smash him. A few more minutes and the passing of the Urutan's and it would be safe to return to traveling. The shark should be easier than most mobs that he had been fighting. Afterwards, he would go ahead and fight the gemini. It would be much harder now that he had battle healing. The bot would heal, making it entirely impossible. Thanks to block, it would have a decent amount of mitigation as well. He would probably need some potions to help with it as well. There would probably be quite a long fight

Jonathan sat in the darkness and cover of the rock overhang. He was being completely quiet because he heard raspy voices and footsteps approaching. It was hard to make out but it sounded like, Right here... signs of struggle... murder our people.... Is it possible that they have a more diverse system in which they can think, converse and even have colonies? I did not think video games like this could have diverse mobs like that. Or are they even mobs, just rogue NPC's that travel around hunting.... I don't think it could be that diverse though.... The footsteps approached his rock and Jonathan held his breath, backing away, farther into the darkness. He seen the face of a Urutan. The Urutan's face showed no sign of being able to see him, and it began to move away, and walk off. Jonathan let out a breath, and waited for the footsteps to cease.Thank god.. Jonathan peered his head out, seeing no sign of the mobs. As of now, he was in no condition to fight these creatures. Hopefully the only thing left was the shark he had to kill to complete the quest. 

Jonathan exited his rock overhang, squinting from the brightness of the desert sun. The Urutan's did seem to have vanished. That was okay though, even if he was about to be at full strength again. Now was the time to go ahead and find this darned shark. He needed to really start racking up the Skill points. He heard Kayaba was releasing yet another update. This update my include some more skills I need to invest to, So I will save up SP I suppose. Jonathan glanced around once more before continuing his journey. Now I wonder where this shark will be? I heard it travels under the sand as it would water. Probably like that serpent. This will be a much larger target I suppose, and when it leaps out of the sand, it exposes it's underbelly. Jonathan began to think of certain tactics, just by the possibly anatomy of the creature. The quest was for groups much lower leveled than he, but it would be better to keep going. This should not be that hard, so no need to continue planning, as long as I am prepared. 

Jonathan walked forward. Where in the world is this damned creature? I should have came across it by now! I have already passed the location of where it was supposed to be. It was true, Jonathan had past the location of the great beast by 400 meters. He had his sword and shield at the ready, and they were starting to feel useless to be in hold. Jonathan was just about to sheath his blade when he heard NOM NOM NOM! Jonathan looked back seeing a huge gaping mouth opening and closing, heading at him, with brilliant speed. Jonathan grimaced and leapt out of the way is it almost reached him. It passed him and dove under the sand, obscuring it from view. Jonathan felt a surge of energy and seen the sand disrupt again and the Shark was flying him in the air. It was not hard to find as it was making the sound NOM NOM NOM NOM! As it came. Jonathan smiled, moving quickly to strike along its side. He heard the shark squeal and vanish underneath the sand once more. Jonathan smiled, resting the flat of his sword on his shoulder. 

Spoiler

70383 BD:6 MD:4

Jonathan 520/520 <<46/52>> Energy: -7+1 (Lasing Chopper Used)

Sand Shark 79/125 I 50 DMG I -49 HP (7x7)

Edited by Morgenstern