[PP-F2] Scouting more Lands <Itzal and Beatbox>

Itzal had decided to start moving up a few floors for his training.  He'd start by scouting the deepest secrets this land had to offer.  He appeared in the town that could be described as a medieval European kingdom which he found he enjoyed.  As he made his way through the town he noted that it wasn't as crowded as most towns were.  Or at least for now.  He continued to walk down the path in his Twilight cloak and made his way over to the gate.  As he walked some of the guards looked at him curiously as he hasn't been here lately.  He noted that all the npcs were elves, which made spotting players easy.  When he reached the gate the guards narrowed their eyes before nodding to him.  Somehow Itzal felt if he had Niger Natio on he'd need to parkour his way out.  When he saw the forest he smiled.  Now this was a forest he thought to himself.  He rushed to a tree and scaled it easily and began leaping across the branches, going deeper and deeper into the forest.  Somehow the forest felt...  Alive.

@Beatbox

Beatbox had found himself walking in the forest's of floor 2, he was looking for some more locations in which he could fine some more materials, since his luck had been running rather dry while in floor 1. He yawned as he walked through the forest he had found himself in and was rather confused on why some of the NPC's here were elves, it was to him rather weird why they exist here... but hey, I guess its nice to see some other NPC's that aren't just human. He didn't mind that fact, he just found it rather weird. He kept walking through the forest and heard the wind in the distance and enjoyed the walk that he had put himself through. However, he had kept and eye out for any materials that may or may not be here at all and of course, Beatbox hadn't found anything. His familiar was asleep on his head, not knowing where Beatbox had been walking through, Ocarina was rather sleepy today.

@Itzal

As he leaped from tree to tree he continued to get the feeling like he was being watched.  He didn't know why however.  His feet landed on each branch, following a steady pattern that seemed to follow a beat.  As he made his way through he thought he heard something and stopped, perching himself on a high branch.  He looked down and saw a flash.  When he narrowed his focus he nearly laughed out loud but held it in.  His friend Beatbox was ever easy to spot with his flashy outfit.  He noticed Ocarina on Beatbox' head and his smile grew.  He wondered why his friend was out on this particular floor.  He made his way through the trees silently.  He stopped at a certain point and made a whistle almost identical to a bird's call.  The sound seemed to get Ocarina's attention and the little fox looked for the source.  When it spotted the player Itzal smiled and waved before bringing a finger up to indicate for the little fluffball to be quiet.  The familiar seemed to get the idea and returned to it's original position.  Now that the familiar knew he was around, Itzal wanted to see just how easy his friend could catch Itzal.  He took off his trench coat and turned it inside out, and put it back on as a dark green coat, blending him into the background easier.

Stealth mode:  LD roll of 14+ to spot

Beatbox had continued to walk through the forest like its no big deal, and figured... why not? He was going to look for some materials while he was still here, he wandered off the trail that he had been following and into the actual forest in hopes to find some materials (or Itzal in this case.) However after some searching, Beatbox hadn't found anything... or someone. Beatbox had let out a sigh and shook his familiar that was on his head. His familiar slowly woke up and looked at his face over his head. He giggled and he told to his familiar and said "Hey Ocarina, can you head into the tree's to see if you can find anything of use?". His familiar licked his face and jumped off of his head and started to climb up one of the tree's to look for some things that we're of use. He smiled and continued to search for something, or someone.

ID: 69729 - LD: 10

He watched as Beatbox failed to detect Itzal on any level.  Ocarina played his part and stayed silent as Itzal leaped across the branches, easily keeping up with him.  He watched as Ocarina leaped from Beat's head and made his way to the trees, leaping to one of the lower branches looking for materials.  Materials huh?  Itzal decided to keep an eye out for some himself.  He noted that Beatbox walked with a sort of stride that showed he had no fear of anything around him.  Itzal thought that was a little reckless as he himself always kept a sharp eye out for any possible dangers, but to each his own.  After all, his friend was wearing a very very flashy outfit.  He shook his head as he noticed just how different the two of them were in tastes.  Still, many of their morals seemed to match, if not for the fact that his friend had a lighter grip on his anger than Itzal.  It was then his thoughts flashed back to the shadow he and Jonathan fought and the words it said to him, how he'd become the most wrathful player in Aincrad if he saw his friends die.  He prayed that wasn't true.

@Beatbox

Beatbox had continued to look around for some materials while in deep thought at this point, "Why...? Why did Kayaba really do this? I know we are making really good progress... but we don't even know if this game is even beatable to be perfectly honest..." he sighed as he continued to think deeply "I would say its unfair... but in this world I can fulfill some dreams I have always wanted... like dressing like a star... in some weird way this game is unfair... yet has made us all free in some way shape or form..." he sighed again and shook his head. Beatbox after thinking looked again for some materials, but eventually couldn't find anything of use. He looked up to the tree's to find his familiar, and it looked like Ocarina didn't find anything either. "Look's like I wont be finding much today..." he whispered to himself as he continued to look for materials.

@Itzal

ID: 69735 - LD: 3

Itzal watched as his friend appeared to be deep in thought.  He wondered what Beatbox could be thinking about and as he was he noticed that Ocarina seemed to be searching for something.  Was Beatbox asking him to search for players, or.  Then he realized it's purpose.  A smile appeared on his face and he decided to help the little guy by looking for materials and placing them in an easier to find location for him.  With that he stood up and moved from tree to tree looking for materials.  As he moved from area to area he looked for anything that could be used:  A different leaf that stood out, a fruit or two, possibly royal wood for the event quest, but he spotted nothing.  Ocarina didn't seem to find anything either.  He shrugged to the fox but he refused to stop looking.  A comment from below seemed to say the same for on the ground.  Itzal decided to focus on the task and keep a going.

ID#  69738  LD:  5+6=11

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

ID: 69739 - LD: 19 (Found you.)

Beatbox had kept looking for some materials as he was still in deep thought, he shook his head after believing that this game may be unbeatable and just accepted that it would be rather backwards for a game to be. He sighed and continued to look around for some materials, however he heard a bark from the tree's. He looked up and saw that Ocarina was barking towards something, Beatbox unsheathed his sword and looked for the thing he had been barking at, and he saw a figure in the tree's as well. Beatbox with an angered look yelled out "I see you there!" and started to climb the tree as fast as he can, "You have messed with the wrong player, I'll tell you that much!" then reached to a point to where he jumped from tree branch to tree branch to reach the player. Once he reached a certain point he saw that it was Itzal, with a disappointed look he stood there on the one tree branch "Itzal. How long where you here?" he asked him.

@Itzal

Itzal had found a material hanging from a tree.  It was another royal wood he noticed.  He reached over and grabbed it, only to discover it was two woods connected.  He placed them into his inventory when he heard Beatbox yell and nearly lost his balance.  When he recovered he heard Beatbox's voice and turned to him with a nervous smile.  "Uh, not long, but when I saw you were gathering materials I thought I uh...  Might help?"  He gave a weak smile to his friend before leaping over to him with graceful speed and when he was beside him he stroked his familiar.  "Hey there Ocarina!  How you doing buddy?"  He looked back to Beatbox.  "So how are things holding up on your end?  Anything going on?  Any plans?  And how's the shop going?  If you need help with it whatsoever let me know and I'll be there."

ID#  69740  LD:  13+6=19

2 Royal wood found

0 MAT

2 Royal Wood

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox looked at Itzal with a bit of anger and disappointment, he looked to see that he leaped over to Ocarina his familiar to give him some pets but as he grew closer to Ocarina, the fox familiar let out a bark and was growling at the player, moving his head so he wouldn't pet him. He looked at Itzal after asking that question and said to him "Don't avoid my question for one. Two, don't sneak up on us like that, I would have had your head if you were not careful there. Third, I have no plans right now besides growing stronger and help the front liners in any way I can." he looked away and started to climb back down the tree. After he got to certain point of height, he jumped off while not taking any fall damage. He called for his familiar for him to come by his side, without much time the familiar climbed down the tree and climbed up to his shoulder. He kept looking around for some materials "If you want to help Itzal you can. Just don't hide from us this time." he said with a bit of disappointment in his voice.

@Itzal

He frowned slightly when the familiar growled and Itzal knew something was wrong with Beatbox.  His friend's words confirmed it.  He sighed as his friend climbed down, not waiting for a response.  When he spoke to Itzal again it was clear things did not start off well.  Unfortunately this seemed to be occuring more and more often.  Itzal sat there for a moment in silence, wishing Velnia was there suddenly.  He hadn't had her for a while and with Ocarina growling at him he suddenly wished she was by his side.  Unfortunately he had yet to find her.  He sighed and stood up before leaping to the ground and followed his friend in silence, save for the crunch beneath his feet.  He doubted Beatbox wanted to talk so he stayed silent and continued to think.  He was originally going to explore the floor when he saw Beatbox.  And apparently the fact that he was testing his sneak skill pissed off his friend.  He made a mental note never to do such a thing again, but the issue now was how to undo the anger that was now there. 

ID#  69741  LD:  3+6=9

Edited by Itzal

"What? You now have nothing to say?" he asked towards Itzal, "You have something to say regardless of how bad of a mood I am in, and now you have nothing to say?" he said with a monotone voice. He sighed and continued to look around for some materials, however after looking around a tad bit more for some more materials he didn't find another material that he could use. "F---." he said under his breath, he got rather annoyed that he hadn't found a single material he could use. "Of course I didn't find anything, its just my luck to find nothing at all in this god d--- game." he thought to himself in anger towards himself. He looked around again in hopes to find something, however he still hadn't found anything at the moment, he sighed once more and shook his head. He has been having very terrible luck, and it doesn't seem to let up.

@Itzal

ID: 69742 - LD: 2

Itzal knew, better than anyone, that it was very difficult to reason with someone who was angry at you.  So he figured the best option was to let him cool down a little first, even if that meant he needed to yell at Itzal to vent off his anger.  Either way he continued to walk in silence.  He recalled how angry he was at Kasier and how he had approached her.  That night he nearly lost three friends.  He didn't want the same thing to happen to Beatbox.  True he gained Kasier as a girlfriend that night, but he still was dangerously close to losing everyone.  Such a risk shouldn't be taken.  He scanned the ground for anything he could use for materials but was still a little heavy hearted.  He tried to change his thoughts to more light ones.  Like how on earth was he going to train two apprentices at once?  He shook his head lightly as that would be a tough one, even for him.  As he walked he spotted a group of herbs and quietly bent down, picked them, and inserted them into his inventory.

ID#  69744  LD: 17+6=23

+4 MAT

4 MAT

2 Royal Wood

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox hadn't heard anything at all from Itzal, he looked back to Itzal with a bit more saddened expression "So you're just gonna ignore me now?" he said with a bit of anger. "Then fine. I guess I'll be seeing you later then. Friend." he said with emphasis on thread as he turned back around and started walking away from Itzal. "It's bad enough for people to be sneaking up on people in this game, but completely ignoring someone is another thing as well. It shows you don't f***ing care." he thought in his head with a very upset look. On his way back to the town in which he didn't want to be here anymore, he spotted a material! He ran over to the material that he had found and picked it up and inspected it, he saw that it was nearly perfect so he had put it into his inventory with the others and kept walking away.

@Itzal

ID: 69745 - LD: 17

Materials Gathered: 1

As Beatbox accused him of ignoring his friend, which he made it obvious that he was considering otherwise over this small issue he knew he needed to speak up.  He walked a little faster and called out to him.  "Beatbox!  I'm not ignoring you, and before you get angry and start shouting hear me out.  There was a time with another friend who was fine with my doing that.  Ever since then I never thought to ask before doing that with anyone else and I should have asked you first.  For that I truly am sorry.  And as you know I never make the same mistake twice.  As for not talking to you I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to talk to you while you were angry but again I was wrong and I won't do that again.  Please forgive me Beatbox, I really didn't mean any harm by this.  I never did and never will."  After he finished there really wasn't anything else to say until Beatbox responded.  He hoped he would be forgiving and a little less angry.  If not...  Well hopefully he'd cool off eventually.

@Beatbox

Beatbox had looked back with a rather upset look "Think about your actions then, in this world no one wants other player's sneaking up on them Itzal. And I am especially more upset that you just stood there and said NOTHING." he said with anger as he turned to him. "DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW IT FEELS TO BE IGNORED LIKE USELESS TRASH?" he yelled at him with tears. "WHY DO YOU THINK I DREAMED OF BEING A STAR HUH? SO WOULD BE IN THE EYES OF OTHERS RATHER THAN ROTTING IN A D*** CORNER." he yelled some more as he turned away wiping away his tears. He stopped for a moment to take a deep breath and calmed down a bit, "People in this world find killing to be fun. I hope you know this. And I myself, don't want to fall for PK'ers that abuse the sneak system that this game offers... just because we can't see them. That's why I took it so seriously. I appreciate my life more than to die to other's hands..." he said as he walked forward to an area in which he could find more materials.

@Itzal

When his friend suddenly let out a burst of emotion, as well as a hint of what his past was like, tears began to form in his own eyes.  When Beatbox was silent for a moment Itzal's own eyes were wet.  Then he mentioned pkers and how they abused the sneak system.  He walked over to his friend and looked at him with sadness.  "Beatbox, I had no idea, I....  I'm sorry that had happened to you....  I didn't mean to ignore you like that.  I'm sorry, this entire scenario didn't turn out right at all...  As for pkers well...  To be fairly honest it's no different than the real world...  Nothing except the fact that they can't exactly one shot kill you unless there's a huge level difference.  And even then it would be hard.  However know this much:  I've always got your back, no matter what happens.  Just give me a call and I'll be there.  I'm sorry for sneaking around like that and I promise I won't do it again without letting you know first."  He held out his hand with a weak smile.  "Can we try this gain?  'Star of Aincrad?'"

@Beatbox

He stood there and listened to Itzal speak to him, he stood there not looking at the player, he was crying all the way though, after he was finished talking he fell to the ground in tears, "Y-you don't even know how more dangerous it is here in Aincrad do you? In the real world yes people kill others just for the hell of it, and I understand you're side of the story it comes from... but in this game, PK'ing is much much more simpler than it is in the real world you know. Once a players HP hits 0, you're done... no saving you now. But in the real world at least sometimes you can be saved..." he hit the ground with his fist. His familiar jumped down from his head to the ground and ran up to his face and started licking him, he pat his familiars head and said to Ocarina "It's okay Ocarina... everything is going to be fine..." then stood up once more from the ground he had fell too, he wiped off his tears and looked back and said "Try what again?" he said with a wink and went to look for some more materials that we're around.

Itzal listened to his friend talk about how dangerous Aincrad was and when he finished he put a hand on his friend's shoulder.  "Think of it this way Beat.  Along with that danger is an equal chance to defend ourselves.  Players can team up to train in safety, raise up their stats, and with the proper gear and skills they can stand a chance.  In other words, this world is balanced.  I agree that there are more dangers though and players should be careful no matter what.  That's why our guild exists in the first place Beatbox:  To train players and teach them caution."  He chuckled a little when Ocarina jumped up and licked Beatbox' face.  When Beatbox asked what, he chuckled and nodded.  His eyes began scanning the ground, branches, and everywhere in between for materials he or other professions could possibly use.  He spotted four crystals hiding inside a bush and reached in, taking out the four and inserting them into his inventory.

ID#  69783  LD:  10+6=16

+4 MAT

8 MAT

2 Royal Wood

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox looked up to Itzal that had placed his hand on his shoulder, he listened to his words and looked forward with another disappointed look "I understand that we need to train players to be prepared for situations like that, the problem is... there is a lot of them that need to learn about the potential dangers that are in this game, they all just locked themselves away instead of training themselves to stay alive." he stood up after Ocarina had licked his face and he said his previous words to him and proceeded to look for some more materials... however after a bit of searching, Beatbox hadn't found anymore materials. He shook his head, and place his hand on his forehead, "Please forgive me Itzal, I need to head back to my store to cool myself down. I must go, sorry. I'll be catching you around Itzal." he said as he started walking back to the town where the floor teleporter lied. 

@Itzal

ID: 69785 - LD: 6

Materials Gathered: 1