[SP-F6] Duel With a Clone... Again <<Gemini>>

Itzal had scouted multiple floors but had not yet checked out certain ones such as floors six, seven, eight and nine.  Most of the floors from twelve to eighteen he hadn't seen at all.  However he didn't want to scout the higher floors until he'd scouted the lower ones first.  Thus he went to the next newest floor, floor six.  When he teleported, his twilight cloak shifting slightly, he glanced around and as he was told, the environment was a jungle.  The town was made entirely out of wood and as he walked around he noted that all of the npc inhabitants were....  Girls.  There wasn't one male around.  As he walked around he couldn't help but see some of the npcs stare at him, as they most likely rarely saw men.  His cheeks began to flush slightly and he tried to focus on spotting any possible stores of interest before heading out.  As he walked around he didn't spot any and decided to go ahead and explore the outside.  As he turned to leave he spotted out of the corner of his eye, a woman who was staring at him.  When he took a few steps to the gate he noted her movement towards him and he turned around.  "Is there something I can do for you miss?"  As he observed her he noted the rapier hanging on her hip.  The npc smiled and nodded.  "Yes there is.  I'd like to have a friendly duel with you if that's alright!"  Itzal was a bit shocked that he could duel with npcs but he didn't see why not.  He nodded and saw the duel menu pop up.  "Sure, I'm always up for a friendly spar."  As he looked at it he noticed women of all ages coming over to observe.  He opened his menu and switched to Niger Natio, the black gear materializing around him, cloaking him neck to toe as it materialized with the hood and mouthpiece down now.  Some gasped from the sudden change but the woman didn't stop smiling.  When he selected accept however, the woman's smile turned to a smirk.

Edited by Itzal

As the countdown timer started, which surprised Itzal because he wasn't fighting a player, he equipped oblivion ring as well.  As he stood there he heard movement behind him and turned to see a girl a few years younger than him run up behind him.  "Be careful mister!  She's not who she says she is!"  Itzal's brow furrowed and looked back at his smug foe.  He nodded to the girl.  "Thanks for the warning.  I'll be careful."  The girl nodded before running back to the crowd, her cheeks a little flushed from embarrassment of running up to a man like that.  He had to wonder how they repopulated if there weren't any men.  He shrugged the thought away as he had to concentrate on the duel at hand.  As the countdown dropped he noticed something that surprised him.  A full health duel?  He shook his head, mentally kicking himself for doing something so reckless.  He then heard the opponent give out a chuckle.  Itzal looked to her.  "What's your name anyway?"  The woman grinned.  "My name you ask?"  She smiled to him before her body changed suddenly, morphing into Itzal himself, Niger Natio and all.  "Itzal!  Felix Arno!"

Itzal blinked in surprise and the two stared at each other, Itzal blankly and the other Itzal waiting for a reaction.  Finally Itzal did a facepalm and sighed.  "Great.  Another clone.  Last thing I expected today but oh well."  The other Itzal stared with a face of disbelief and the women around muttered to themselves.  "What the hell do you mean by THAT?!  What do you mean by another clone?!  Aren't you surprised to see yourself standing before you?!"  Itzal chuckled a bit as he rubbed the back of his head.  "I think this might be the, what, eleventh time I'm fighting someone who looks exactly like me?  It's a long story but the point is this isn't the first time."  The figure sighed with frustration and drew Ascendant's Rosario.  "Well either way I've got-"  "My skills, stats and gear?  Yeah I pretty much guessed...  Wait, do you have my gear?"  "No.  Otherwise you wouldn't stand a chance and this wouldn't be fun."  Itzal shrugged with a nod.  "Makes sense."  The timer hit zero and the two figures charged at each other.

Itzal:  680 hp <> 68 energy <> 8 base dmg <> 3 evasion <> 2 accuracy <> tier two 2 bleed slots <> 3 MIT <> Rank 1 Meditation

Gemini:  680 hp <> oo energy <> 30 dmg (6*5=30 <> 3 MIT

Itzal watched as the figure swung his blade at him and he thrust' his blade at his opponent's, pushing it away from himself.  They exchanged turns striking at one another and deflecting or parrying the attack.  As they struck at each other the other Itzal seemed to have grinned.  "Well well, looks like you have fought yourself.  I'm impressed."  Itzal shrugged in response.  "Eh, you get used to it."  He deflected another strike, throwing his opponent's weapon upward and thrust at his torso.  The other Itzal spun his weapon in a circle, deflecting the original Itzal's blade back a little himself.  The original Itzal....  "Hey what do I call you?  The other time I fought me, his name was Ulises.  What do you call yourself?"  The figure cocked his head and purposefully entered a lock with Itzal.  "Alright I guess there's no harm in telling since you've clearly done this before.  Call me Gemini."  Itzal's brow furrowed as he thought.  Gemini?  He snapped his fingers.  "Gemini!  That's the quest they told me about!  Oh, now I get it!  Nice to meet you Gemini!"  Gemini showed shock on his face.  "You realize that I'm trying to kill you right?"  "Yeah, well so was Ulises the first time we met."  Gemini thought for a moment then nodded as it made sense before they broke the lock.

ID#  69784  BD:  1  CD:  4  MD:  6-3=3

Itzal:  680/680  <>  66/68

Gemini:  680/680

Edited by Itzal

As the two returned to striking each other the women continued to watch and mutter to themselves.  Most of them were truly confused about why the two were talking normally when they were in a duel to the death and had never seen anything like this.  A few actually thought it interesting and tried to listen to the conversation as they fought.  Itzal swung an uppercut but was blocked by Gemini who smiled.  "Dang, you are good!  No wonder you grandmastered the sword!"  Itzal smiled and struck again.  "Your me right?  Show me what I've got!"  Gemini smiled back and locked blades for a moment.  "You don't want what I have to offer.  Trust me."  Itzal leaned his head to the right.  "Yes I do my friend."  He broke the lock and charged, releasing Shadow Explosion, striking nine times on Gemini who stumbled back and observed his health and noticed the bleed effect.  "Dang.  Too bad I can't copy equipment.  Either way you want a fight?  Very well."

ID#  69786  BD:  8  CD:  1  MD:  3-3=1

Itzal:  680/680  <>  59/68

Gemini:  608/680  Bleeding for two turns

Edited by Itzal

The two figures charged once again, striking repeatedly in every way they knew.  Gemini struck in different forms Itzal himself knew, and countered them.  However Gemini, copying Itzal, knew how to counter those counters.  The fight continued as such, neither of them gaining any ground as they were both equal in skill.  As they fought however, Itzal couldn't help but wonder if Gemini knew about Soul Barrage.  If he did Itzal could be in potential trouble.  The women who were watching were either becoming more nervous with the fight, or more excited.  Some were interested by how the two fought and talked at the same time.  It was mainly the mothers and the elderly who were nervous.  As the two fought the bleeding kicked in and Gemini flinched, allowing Itzal to thrust his blade past Gemini's defenses and land a basic strike.  Not much but it was progress he thought.  Gemini leaped back with a grin.  "Great timing!"  Itzal nodded with a smile.  "You're not so bad yourself.  I may be fighting another clone all over again, but you fight precisely like I do.  Ulises was more aggressive."  The figure grinned and looked off as if recalling a memory.  "Yeah, I remember fighting some players like that.  Fun times."

ID#  69794  BD:  6  CD:  1  MD:  5-3=2

Itzal:  680/680  <>  59/68

Gemini:  579/680  Bleeding for one turn

Edited by Itzal

Action replaced with potion

As the two began to strike at each other again, one women left, losing interest.  However most of them continued to either watch at the duel intently, or continue discussing things with one another.  There was even a small group of teens who were placing bets.  The younger ones were either cheering the players on or hiding behind their mother's legs.  The elders of course just sat there thinking the entire thing was stupid.  Fighting was pointless, let alone to the death in their minds.  All in all, Itzal was being watched by all their eyes, and yet he didn't notice.  His eyes were locked with his duplicate.  As they struck and parried, it was obvious they were getting nowhere.  Itzal could use Soul Barrage, but he risked Gemini using the same exact skill, which would make the duel much more deadly, for them and the crowd around them.  Thus they continued to perform the same tactics:  Look for weak points and evade and parry until they could find the right moment to strike.  When he found the chance however, he pushed Gemini away and pulled out a greater damage potion and drank it.  As he did, Gemini stared at him in disbelief.  "That's cheating!"  "This was going to be one sided anyways with my equipment."  Gemini raised his hand about to speak, but then saw the point and submitted.

ID#  69837  BD:  2  CD:  8  MD:  1

Itzal:  680/680  <>  60/68  <>  potion drank:  12 dmg for remainder of the fight

Gemini:  554/680  -  Bleeding over

Edited by Itzal

The two went at it again and the potion began to surge through Itzal, increasing his base damage by four points.  Gemini chuckled and the duel continued.  The two struck faster and with a little more force.  Itzal because he needed to land a strike and because the potion added strength to his strikes, and Gemini in order to keep Itzal from getting through.  However now that Itzal had the potion the battle was pretty much one sided.  He soon broke through Gemini's defenses and released shadow explosion, dealing a good amount of damage on Gemini.  The false Itzal stumbled back from the strike and locked blades with Itzal.  "You realize if you use a trick like that, I get to do the same?"  Itzal frowned for a moment and then his eyes widened with shock as he watched Gemini drink a potion that materialized out of nowhere.  "The quest let's you do that?"  Gemini shrugged with a grin.  "Guess it does!  I also have another trick too.  I learn from the other players I fight.  So I can use all their techniques.  I also know a stun skill or two."  Itzal groaned and Gemini laughed.  "Come on, it has to be a little fun."

ID#  69882  BD:  6+2=8  CD:  5  MD:  3-3=2

Itzal:  680/680  <>  51/64

Gemini:  446/680  <>  Update:  Gemini now deals 90 dmg.  On roll of 9-10 he uses a stun sword art

Edited by Itzal

Foregoing Action

The two continued to strike against each other, their movements going faster and faster, each trying to take down the other's defenses.  However they were both beginning to lose stamina and the crowd could see it.  Those betting were making new bets after Gemini had increased his damage and skills.  The elderly were now no longer interested in the fighting, but they were curious about the two figure's words.  Talking about quests and such.  Quests can't allow anything they thought.  What a curious group of people.  The young ones didn't really understand anything and either ran from the fight, hid behind their mothers or cheered the players on more vigorously.  Gemini and Itzal finally stopped, panting from lack of stamina rather than energy.  The two of them wanted to get a hit so bad they forgot to slow down and watch their body.  Itzal grinned at the Gemini.  "This isn't exactly working out is it?"  "Nope.  Let's take a breather and think about how we'll continue shall we?"  Itzal gave a friendly nod and the two leaned against separate buildings.  The women continued talking to themselves and Itzal hadn't noticed that a few had rushed off to get supplies.

ID#  69883  BD:  1  CD:  1  MD:  4-3=1

Itzal:  680/680  <>  52/68

Gemini:  446/680

Edited by Itzal

As Itzal rested up against a building Gemini watched as a few young women emerged from the building with water and a towel in case the two needed it.  Gemini saw there were a total of three who were willing to help and he glanced at Itzal before grinning and shaking his head.  The three then moved over to Itzal.  As the player rested against the wall he felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to look, ending up staring into the face of a young woman with blue eyes and blonde hair handing him a water.  She didn't say anything but gave him a gentle smile, encouraging him to continue.  He noticed the other two women and his cheeks reddened slightly, causing one of them to giggle, which made his cheeks even more red and he accepted the drink with a nod and took a drink.  She nodded happily as he gave her the drink.  "We bet on you by the way."  Itzal's face reddened much faster as he moved forward to continue the duel.  It seemed Gemini was eager too.  The two shot forward at each other, but Itzal knew he'd be copying his own style, so he knew how to start the strike.  He made it past Gemini's assault and released Shadow Explosion, and applied the bleeding effect.  Gemini stumbled back, his eyes flashing.  "K, I'm not going easy any more." 

ID#  69953  BD:  9  CD:  12  MD:  5-3=2

Itzal:  680/680  <>  44/68

Gemini:  329/680  <>  Update:  Gemini has 2 evasion and 3 accuracy.  Bleeding added for two turns

Edited by Itzal

Foregoing Action

After Gemini spoke he began using a technique foreign to Itzal.  In fact he wondered why he didn't think of it earlier.  Gemini swung the weapon in a way that attempts to knock out Itzal rather than harming him.  The action was unexpected and he grinned at Gemini.  "You're using someone else's fighting stile aren't you?"  Gemini grinned and locked blades real quick.  "Yep.  Now watch this cheap move."  Gemini kicked at Itzal's lower legs, causing him to lose his balance, and allowed Gemini to release a sword art on Itzal at last.  Itzal watched his health drop a good amount and recovered from the surprise attack.  Gemini flinched as the bleeding did it's work and grimaced.  "That really bites you know."  Itzal nodded.  "You like learning techniques as much as I do.  I'd teach you my own technique but I also don't want the world to know how it works."  Gemini chuckled.  "They'll learn about it eventually my friend."  Itzal thought about it and nodded.  "Good point.  I guess I'll use it then."  The women looked at each other as they figured out that things were about to get even more intense and backed the circle up just a tad bit.

ID#  70033  CD:  2  MD:  8

Itzal:  593/680  <>  45/68

Gemini:  305/680  1 bleed left

Edited by Itzal

Foregoing Action

Itzal had decided to use Soul Barrage but not until he could find an opening as well as detect what skill the duplicate was using.  Gemini noticed this and took his advantage seriously.  He was enjoying this conversation with the player, but he was programmed to kill him, so that was his main goal.  If Gemini died no biggie, he'd just respawn.  He charged Itzal, switching between multiple chosen techniques to keep Itzal guessing.  And it worked.  Itzal was surprised at the consistent and sudden change in his tactics.  As he focused however he noted that even with the random techniques being used, there was a pattern.  A technique used to strike, followed swiftly by a defensive technique, and then a counter technique before going assault again.  Gemini's blade hit Itzal again due to his not focusing but the next time he struck Itzal managed to get into a lock.  "Better get ready."  Behind their backs, more women were placing bets.  The blonde woman doubled her payment on Itzal and looked at him with a smile.

ID#  70046  CD:  9  MD:  7

Itzal:  503/680  <>  46/68

Gemini:  281/680  Bleeding over

Edited by Itzal

The two struck faster and faster, however Itzal was keeping up with Gemini now that he'd figured out the pattern.  Due to Gemini never using the same tactic twice however, he couldn't land an accurate hit, so they were both locked in a steady dance of blades.  The women were growing nervous as the duel continued, old mid and young.  Soon however both Itzal and the Gemini saw an opening and both took it.  Itzal decided to change tactics and stun his opponent so that he could have a breather.  Gemini thought the same exact thing.  So when they released their sword arts, the two were shocked but didn't realize the full weight of it until after their strikes ended.  Both gained paralysis and fell to the ground.  There was silence in the air and the npcs gasped, backed up, and one girl even screamed as they thought the figures had died.  "Well that went well," Itzal mumbled through the paralysis.  "Tell me about it," Gemini replied.  The women relaxed as they noticed what had really happened.  Three women rushed up to help the two figures, one going to Gemini and the other two to Itzal.  He felt a towel against his neck, soaking the sweat off of him and saw the blonde haired girl with a towel in front of him, doing the same to his forehead.  Itzal's face turned bright red.  "Th-thanks."  She smiled gently.  When the women finished they rushed back to the audience and the paralysis was over.

ID#  70047 BD:  6  CD:  10  MD:  9

Itzal:  413/680  <>  35/68

Gemini:  209/680

Both stunned for one turn XD

Edited by Itzal

As the two were paralyzed the woman who ran over to the Gemini pulled out the fresh towel.  As the Gemini saw her come into view it grinned.  When she brought the towel down she stopped as she noticed he didn't have any sweat.  "I'm not real remember?  I'm the fake, the mission."  The woman frowned and pulled out some water, slipping the liquid into his open mouth.  When she finished he gave her a puzzled look.  "Even if you're not one of them, you still have things you enjoy.  And from the way you talk to him it sounds like you remember each lifetime...  Don't you want to enjoy yourself for once?"  The Gemini chuckled to the woman.  "No, not really.  I live to fight, that's why I challenge them all.  Don't worry about me my dear."  When the paralysis effect wore off the woman hesitated before running back to the crowd.  The two figures rose at last and nodded to each other, preparing their weapons for the final round.

ID#  70050  CD:  11

Itzal:  413/680  <>  37/68

Gemini:  209/680

Edited by Itzal

The two charged at each other once again but this time Itzal chose a different tactic.  He was using Soul Barrage.  As Gemini struck at Itzal, he noted that the player did nothing to evade the attack.  He tried to counter the incoming strike and barely succeeded.  His shock grew as the player seemed to keep up an endless stream of attacks, keeping Gemini from hitting him again.  Itzal was so concentrated as well, that his face showed no emotion as he pushed harder and harder.  Gemini smiled.  He had no time to figure out how the technique worked.  He simply had to enjoy the fight.  Itzal pushed passed the Gemini's defenses and released Shadow Explosion, hitting the Gemini in every critical area and landed the bleeding effect, but he didn't stop.  He kept pushing forward.  The women were astonished by the sudden change in his tactic but some of them recovered quickly and were either cheering him on, or wishing they bet on the player.

ID#  70052  BD:  9  CD:  3  MD:  8

Itzal:  326/680  <>  28/68

Gemini:  92/680  -  Bleeding for 2 turns

Edited by Itzal

Action swapped for item use:  Healing song

As the two struck harder and harder Itzal's stamina was wearing down fast.  Gemini was strong and was able to hold against Soul Barrage just as well as, well, Itzal.  Thus he was forced to leap back to avoid another hit.  When he did he pulled out a crystal.  The women looked at it and some of them became anxious, recognizing it as a song crystal.  Itzal began to play the song and as the song played, his health went up by eighty points.  As the song played, the song being Red is the Rose, some of the girls fell in love with the tune.  Others didn't care and then some noted that Itzal was healed a bit.  Gemini shook his head.  "I may be going to lose soon, but I won't go down easily."  He flinched when the bleed effect kicked in and dashed forward, striking Itzal with a stun art and as he fell he watched the paralysis appear beside his health.

ID#  70054  CD:  5  MD:  10

Itzal:  316/680  <>  29/68

Gemini:  68/680

Edited by Itzal

Stunned for turn

After Itzal was stunned and fell to the ground, two women were about to rush over but Gemini raised a hand to stop them.  The blonde woman hadn't moved at all and was actually waiting for something.  As the Gemini reached Itzal he squatted down so they could look at each other.  "Itzal, Itzal...  Why do you fight?  What is the reason?  That technique of yours...  It's powered by emotion.  You may not show it but emotion is what drives it.  You seem to be one of the most nicest and kindest people I've dueled so far...  Which is why I believe you might also be the opposite should you lose something close to you.  Or someone.  Remember that Itzal.  I like you and that's why I give this warning.  Be careful to guard you're close one's jealously.  For if they're lost to you, you might lose yourself as well..."  Gemini rose and backed up, his weapon ready.  As the paralysis slowly wore off, Itzal couldn't help but wonder if he was right.  he wasn't the first one to have mentioned this.

ID#  70055  CD:  6  MD:  2

Itzal:  316/680  <>  30/68

Gemini:  44/680  Bleeding over

Edited by Itzal

Equipment re-equipped

Itzal watched the effect vanish and rose to his own feet, slowly.  All eyes were on him as he did so.  When he was standing straight he was silent for a moment.  The entire audience listening carefully to what he had to say or do.  The blonde women had a feeling what he was about to say.  "Wrathful....  That's what you're talking about.  To become wrathful...  Maybe I will, and maybe I won't.  But you know what?  I hope I do."  Gemini's face switched to complete shock.  "What?  Why the hell would you want that?!"  "Because it means that I loved those whom I befriended...  It means that I cared.  If I didn't why would I get angry at their loss?  The closer other's are to us, the more angry we get when they are hurt.  And so, if I have a friend, family, or girlfriend, I hope I get very angry over their loss.  I'll get over it eventually, we all have to in order to move on.  But in the short run?  Anger is a good thing in that sense."  And in the crowd, the woman smiled.  With that he switched his armor to his Twilight Cloak.  It was time to get that skill he heard so much about.

ID#  70056  CD:  4  LD:  1  MD:  3

Itzal:  316/680  <>  31/68

Gemini:  44/680

Edited by Itzal

Foregoing Action

There was brief silence as Gemini and the crowd took that reply in.  Gemini grinned, then chuckled.  Soon the chuckling became laughter.  "Man oh man!  I honestly don't think I've ever met someone like you kid!  Oh dang!  Talking about anger and wrath like that!  Ho ho ho!  So fun!  Well if that's the case, let's wrap this duel up ok?  I'm sure you've got places to go, people to meet, bosses to slay right?"  Itzal nodded slowly, pulling his sword into a defensive position.  The Gemini cocked his head a little bit.  "No special technique?"  Itzal shrugged.  "I need that skill.  Disguise is harder to get.  I have to time this perfectly."  Gemini nodded his understanding before charging and striking at Itzal.  Without Niger Natio Itzal's movements were slower and therefore he was easier to hit.  After that strike however he flipped his blade around and blocked Gemini's weapon.

ID#  70057  CD:  7  LD:  7  MD:  7

Itzal:  229/680  <>  32/68

Gemini:  44/680

Edited by Itzal

Itzal deflected blow after blow, waiting until the perfect moment to strike.  As time went on he spotted it.  He swung hard at Gemini's sword and forced it out of his grasp, then roared as he released Shadow Explosion, dealing the last bit of damage he needed.  After the Gemini's health hit zero, it grinned.  "Keep on loving kid.....  Don't stop...  And don't let your anger......  Hold you back."  With that Gemini shattered into crystals.  For a moment there was silence.  Then all of a sudden, half of the crowd cheered his victory.  Some groaned as they had lost the bet.  At the same time his menu popped up saying quest complete!  And had been given the disguise skill.  He grinned as he read the description.  He wondered if he should use it for pranks and such.  He nearly jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to look at the figure, blushing a bit when he saw it was the blonde woman.  "My name's Jennifer.  I know you have to go, so I'll wait for the next time you come here."  Itzal's face reddened slightly and he stammered before he finally pointed to the teleporter and walked over. 

ID#  70058  BD:  6  CD:  6  MD:  18+8=26  MD:  1

Itzal:  229/680  23/68

Gemini:  Dead

Edited by Itzal