[PP-NK-F1] <<Rovian Wars Part 1>> [Bhairyuu & Khrysaor] Build-A-Ship Workshop

Bhairyuu was exploring the same creepy old castle in that deserted alleyway in the <<Town of Beginnings>> when he saw the PM icon in his HUD light up with a small, red "1" superscript. Wondering who it could be, he took a break from his exploration and sat down on the the stone steps leading to the upper parts of the castle so that he could calmly presue whatever the message had in store for him. Upon opening the message, he noticed it had been sent to him by hiis buddy Khrysaor and had been tagged as urgent, and this of course ignited his innately insatiable curiosity. So he started reading through the message, and by the end, he found that Khrysaor had summoned him to a small forest at the outskirts of the <<Town of Beginnings>> and immediately set off for the coordinates indicated in the message.

A few hours later, Bhairyuu had crossed out of the <<Town of Beginnings>> and had somehow managed to reach the forest indicated without running into any monster mobs. Once there, he looked about, found the place he was supposed to meet up wth Khrys and sat down on a fallen log to wait for him to come on down and give him whatever that apparently important info was, all the while wondering what could be in store for him and hoping but not expecting whatever it is to be a walk in the park. To hasten the meet-up, Bhairyuu decided to send a return PM to Khrys to alert him that he was already at the forest and waiting for him

"Yo, Khrys...I am already at the forest you indicated on the map pic you sent in your initial PM, so whenever you're ready, come on down..."

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Khrysaor finished talking with the Rovian War Quest NPC a hour ago, and was now walking around floor 18, to get better oriented with Eriwald. He also wanted to explore and see the new sights so a added bonus of it being a adventure. As he walked his thoughts always turned back to the interesting new quest that he had a desire to join, but he had no clue how large a group he should make it. 'I know of one I should ask, that person should be able to help me out with this.'

Khrysaor then sent a message to his buddy Bhairyuu, and asked for him to meet me on the first floor in a small forest. Then he pressed on the send button, and the window popped away. "Yes, the spot will also be a great place to start searching for the quest materials there as well, win-win situation." whispered Khrysaor. After all that was done and over with, Khrysaor sped off towards the teleportation, intent on meeting up with Bhairyuu and starting on the amusing event quest. Once he reached the gates, he clearly stated, "Teleport-Floor 1, Town of Beginnings," and starting to disappear in a swirl of bluish-white light.

Just as suddenly as Khrysaor reappeared in Starting City he was gone like the wind. He was running at top speed, knowing he would be able to complete the journey in 10 minutes instead of the 30 minutes it would have taken him if he had decided to walk. By the time he reached the outskirts of the forest, Khrysaor was dead tired, he was leaning on his knees with his hands panting heavily. If someone was to see him, they would see sweat covering his face.

He dropped to the ground, and lay back to the ground to relax, and help catch his breath, before he started his search for Ryuu. He watched as the clouds drifted by for a few minutes, not feeling like getting up he decided to stay there for a while longer, and thought, 'I am sure Ryuu hasn't even gotten to the forest yet, and if he has he can wait a while yet.'

Bhairyuu had been waiting for over an hour for Khrysaor to come meet up with him at the forest as was requested and agreed upon in the PM he recieved several hours earlier that morning, but still there was no sign of Khrys anywhere. Bhairyuu got worried thinking Khrys had gotten involved in a mob battle and so he quickly rushed out of the forest and onto the plains looking about for any sign of Khrysaor. After a couple of attempts, he finally spotted Khrys and contrary to his expectations, Khrys was not involved in any fight at all...no, he was simply laying there on his lazy ass when he could have taken the time to go into the forest and do the meet up. Bhairyuu could very much appreciate the pleasures of being lazy and goofing off just as much as the next guy, but this was too much even for him. So he decided to play a little prank on his lazy friend.

He walked up into Khrysaor's blindspot and after making sure he was still unaware of his presence, he took out the <<Embodiment of Apophis>>, the new sword that Khrysaor himself had custom-made for him earlier and with one swift, fluid motion he plunged it into the soft earth millimeters away from Khrysaor's head, causing the razor-sharp edge of the blade slice off a few long wisps of hair from behind Khrysaor's right ear. Then with a wide, porcelain smile on his thin lips and with his eyes creased and a wicked gleam inhis jade green eyes he greeted Khrys, the words being used giving a totally different vibe than that of his actions

"Hey...Khrys...it is SO good of you to drop by...I see you're working EXTREMELY hard as always..."

He purposely laced his usually baritone and melodious tone with as much sarcasm as he could muster up at that moment and then stood back to see how Khrys would react to his rather unique greeting.

Khrysaor had only planned to rest up for 15 minutes, and did not plan on taking any longer. He did not notice that at one point he fell asleep, and before he knew it the 15 minutes became 2 hours, at which point he was jolted awake with a very familiar sword sticking out from the ground a few millimeters from his face.

From the corner of his eye he could see small wisps of his beautiful hair fly away, and he thought, 'What the hell is going on here? Hey isn't that one of my creations, and the only player I know who...... Oh bugger, I am in trouble aren't I?' His eyes then traveled slowly up from the sword to the owner and his fears became a reality as he saw Ryuu standing over him with a scary gleam in his eyes.

At that instant, Khrysaor body unwittingly went into a reverse exorcist walk and stood up suddenly a good few feet away from Bhairyuu, and calmly dusted off himself keeping his "I am calm" composure on his face without giving away that he was freaked out from the earlier experience of a sword so close to piercing through his skull.

Khrysaor raised his arm in and hand in a way of greeting, "Yo Ryuu, sorry I am late. A black cat crossed my path, so I had to take the long way around, and then there was this old lady I had to help cross the street, and finally I got lost on road of life, which led me to a big huge beast that knocked me to this clearing where I had fell into a deep sleep." He clapped his hands together once, and exclaimed, "Enough of that, lets get down to business, shall we."

Edited by Khrysaor

Bhairyuu had been standing over Khrysaor when he noticed that Khrys had finally come back to the world of the living and realized the gravity of the situation. Needless to say, he was relieved, but then Khrys went and did the reverse exorcist walk, surprising him greatly. So, for a few seconds, Bhairyuu was speechless and wondered just where Khrys had picked up such a extra-creepy maneuver from, but after a while he had to abandon that idle wondering since Khrys had started to give some lame excuse. He listened out of courtesy but the more he listened, the more he was reminded of that old perverted genius Kakashi from the anime Naruto and its sequel, which happened to be one of his favorites. However, he couldnt believe Khrys would give such a blatantly bad excuse and so his right eyebrow and the right corner of his mouth started twitching and his eyes narrowed at Khrys as he replied

"Oi oi, give me a break you damn liar!! If you're going to make excuses for your tardiness...atleast make them amusing...geez, you're troublesome, you know that?...Ah well whatever, let's get this meet-up over and done with so that both of us can get on with our lives, eh?"

Bhairyuu said in that usual totally unenthusiastic, bored, and even sleepy voice of his while slouching and sighing in exasperation, wondering just what was so important that Khrys had made him drag himself out of bed and come to this godforsaken excuse of a forest.

As Khrysaor listened to Ryuu's response, he had raised his eyebrows, surprised that Ryuu would give a Shikamaru like response. At the moment, Khrysaor did not want to waste any more time, bantering and reminiscing about anime, 'That is one of the past times I miss the most. This game does not allow one to read manga or watch anime which is idiotic.' was thinking Khrysaor. Instead of responding he beckoned Ryuu to follow him into the forest.

Khrysaor did not feel like talking at the moment as he was still not fully awake from his sleep, as it took him some time to be on full alert. He was comfortable in the knowledge that he had a companion to watch his back while they traversed the boar/wolf infested forest. He was leading Ryuu to one of his favorite places within the forest. As Khrysaor walked on, it would feel like a maze to anyone but Khrysaor as he had already memorized the path long ago. The route they walked on was twisting, and at one point they traveled off the path jumping from small rocky ledges, until they reached a small clearing where the small rush of water could be heard.

At this point, Khrysaor let Bhairyuu pass him so he could get the view of a small waterfall within the clearing, and mentioned, "This is one of my most favorite places to be, especially when you want a quite and private place to relax. Follow me, let's first sit down and get comfortable before we talk about what I found out."

Khrysaor led the way to small flat rocks where Khrysaor sat himself down, while waiting for Bhairyuu who was lagging behind somewhat, 'Maybe because he was staring at the majestic view of the waterfall.' thought Khrysaor. After, Bhairyuu found himself a seat he started the conversation, "Hey, did you by any chance get an alert earlier in the morning of the new event quest and the NPC you had to meet up with to join in the quest on the 18th floor?" asked Khrysaor.

Edited by Khrysaor

Bhairyuu had wordlessly followed Khrys as he led them along a dangerously twisted and winding path to their destination which turned out to be a small clearing with a giant waterfall in the distance. Then he sat down on one of the small, more or less flat rocks that he had seen on the ground after staring at the waterfall for several minutes and began to listen to Khrys's narrative. To his surprise, Khrys brought up the mention of some event notification, but since Ryuu had not seen it, he shook his head saying

"What event is that? I was up pretty late and so was still pretty sleep-addled when I got your message, so I must not have noticed it...Hang on let me check..."

Bhairyuu trailed off and then opened his notifications menu and scrolled down up and down till finally after several seconds, he spotted the new even notification Khrys had spoke of earlier and quickly skimmed through it, gleaning all the basic details about it. Then he swiped his hand forward sending the notification menu over to Khrys, asking

"Is this...uh...<<Rovian Wars>> thing the event you're talking about?"

Khrysaor had waited for a few minutes for Bhairyuu to sit down and peruse the bare minimum details about the event quest. As Khrysaor waited, he sighed and took a deep breath of the fresh air, relaxing himself and stared at the waterfall. When Ryuu started to ask about the Rovian Wars Quest Khrysaor turned his head back to face Ryuu and replied,

"Yup, exactly the quest I am talking about is the Rovian Wars Quest. It sounds amusing, doesn't it. I want to go for it, but I need few party members for the quest to go smoothly. The first part is only about building a ship suitable and strong enough to traverse the waters of the 18th floor. Our job would be to gather the necessary material like wood and animal fat, then we have to send them up to the ship builder on the 18th floor. As you can already guess, the animal fat can be obtained by fighting against mobs, while the collection of wood is needed by cutting down trees, doesn't sound too bad, right? The best part is the quest rewards for just this part of the quest would help boost our col reserves and EXP. One other benefit is before the second part of the quest starts, we are able to opt out of joining the battle, so as to not endanger ourselves, just in case the monster that is needed to be fought is much too strong for us. Sooo, What do you say Ryuu, does that sound like something you would be interested in joining?"

After that, Khrysaor patiently waited for Ryuu's response.

Bhairyuu listened intently as Khrysaor went over the basic details about the <<Rovian Wars>> event quest, absorbing as much as he could about it so that he could save himself the royally painful chore of asking questions about it. Before he knew it, Khrysaor had finished his narrative and was now asking him if he felt the event was amusing enough for him to take interested in it, so Bhairyuu nodded in the affirmative, saying

"Hmm, I am following you so far...but what are the event rewards like for this shindig? My final decision will depend on that, to be honest."

After that he fell silent, leaned back and while he waited for Khrys to reply, he enjoyed the feeling of the nice cool breeze wafting through his jet black hair and through his breathable clothing as well, all the while casting his jade green gaze about the clearing lazily and trying to take as much detal as he could without having to move from his spot.

Khrysaor did not have to wait long for Bhairyuu's response. He listened to Ryuu's question, and thought, 'Of course he would be most interested in the rewards, most everyone would be. Even I would not have bothered wasting my time for lousy rewards.'

Khrysaor quickly replied, "As I said before, that is the best part about this quest. For the completion of this part of the quest you will get 3 SP and 3000 col, but not only that. You have to also take into account the load of col and SP that will most likely be obtained to the second part of the Rovian Wars Quest, since the second part will be more dangerous, and one last thing don't forget about all that awesome loot from fighting the mobs, which is all bonus."

Afterwards, Khrysaor sat back with a smirk as he knew he caught Ryuu's attention hook, line and sinker. As he waited for Ryuu to think it over, Khrysaor made sure to go into his inventory and check out all the items he had on him, to be sure he was ready to take on the quest.

Edited by Khrysaor

Ryuu had been enjoying the cool breeze through his hair when his ears caught what Khrysaor had just said about the event rewards in reply to what he had asked before and so, before responding he stopped to think, putting his fingertips together and arranging his hands in the shape of a circle while he had his eyes closed not unlike a certain anime character he greatly admired and endeavored to be like in his day to day life. After about 3 minutes during which he considered all the information he had received from Khrys and all the ramifications of that information using his innately high 180+ IQ, he looked up at Khrys and replied

"Let's do it, Khrys! I would be a fool to miss out on this event since the rewards are so damn huge, so let's milk this for all it's worth!"

With that, he fell silent as he too looked through his player menu at his inventory and Col reserves while waiting for Khrys to reply back and hopefully to tell him some more about his plan on successfuly completing this <<Rovian Wars>> event quest.

Edited by Bhairyuu

Khrysaor had been fidgeting while he waited a few minutes for Bhairyuu's response, wanting to do something. He didn't have to wait for much longer as Bhairyuu responded with a affirmative, which meant they could start planning for the actual quest now.

Khrysaor had been wondering about this for some time, so he asked Ryuu, "Do you think we should  get more people in on this or continue with only us? Also, what do you think we should do about the ship? I have been thinking we should base our ship off of the famous pirate crew with the straw hat. I am sure you know what I am hinting at, right?"

He  leaned back with his arms crossed against his chest and waited to see if Ryuu got Khrysaor's hint. He was thinking of making the ship scaled down version of the straw hat's Sunny Go if they were only going for them 2 doing the quest, then it would be best to pick the 2-seater ship.

Edited by Khrysaor

Bhairyuu listened silently to Khrysaor describng his plan for this <<Rovian Wars>> event quest and took in as much of the detail as he possibly could during that time. After that, he once again pulled a Shikamaru-esque move and arranged his hands in a circular shape with his fingertips touching gently and closed his eyes while steadying his breathing so that he could regulate the flow of his thoughts. Once he had done that, he thought about all the new information he had just gotten from Khrys in light of the old information from earlier. After spending a few minutes in silent contemplation, he finally looked up, opened his eyes and replied

"I would suggest we go with just the two of us since more people means less individual rewards for the two of us at the end of this event...I know we'll be taking a big risk with just the two of us, but honestly, I wouldnt want to disperse the rewards anymore than necessary...plus if you take into consideration all the effort we'll need to put in to getting more crew members...it end up becoming a wholly unnecessary, king-sized pain in the neck...so yea, only the two of us will suffice for this."

He paused to collect his thoughts about the ships and the mods he thought of and then replied

"Hmm, yea I was just about to suggest that myself...let's model the ship after the Sunny Go from One Piece the anime, but we should go with something more than a 2 seater ship...perhaps make it a 3 seater like the Going Merry, but make it in the image of the Sunny Go...So what do you think?"

Edited by Bhairyuu

Khrysaor listened to Bhairyuu's explanation for why we should keep the party size to only 2 and also about the ship details. After, Bhairyuu finished his say, Khrysoar added,

"Hell yea, I like your idea of only just us two as well, more loot for us. Okay I can see why it would be better to go with a 3-seater, at least it is a  larger ship and it will take a more likeness to the Sunny Go. So, lets make it a caravel in the Merry Go's honor but with Sunny Go's figurehead. Everything from top to bottom, ship will be structured similar to the Sunny Go."

With his 2 cents added in, Khrysaor sat back and waited for if Ryuu wanted to add in anything else. He started to feel thirsty, especially from the travel and all the talking, so he went to his inventory and pressed the water bottle and a water bottle appeared before him.

Edited by Khrysaor

Bhairyuu nodded as he heard Khrys's suggestion of making their ship a fusion between the designs of the Going Merry, the earlier ship of the Straw Hat Pirates, and their later one, the Sunny Go, saying

"Hmm, good idea on the structure of the ship...I suggest adding black flame shaped highlights along the whole design to bring out the brightness of the red and metallic gold colors that adorn the body of our ship...oh and let's add wings too like those in that Skypeia arc...and what else...am I missing anything?...Oh yea, what should we do about the pirate flag? Putting a pic of a straw hat would be too obvious a reference...so let's come up with our own design..."

He paused and his lips twisted upwards in a perverted grin as he spoke

"...I suggest we go with a duo act...post-timeskip Nami-chwan AND Robin-chwan...in a sexy two piece bikini...both striking sexy poses...ehehehe...the colors being metallic gold for Robin...because you know...she is an archaeologist...and for Nami...lets go with crimson red...since...hmm...oh yeah...her fiery hot temper...the background being the sterotypical black...they will be sitting Nami on Robins's lap with the Jolly Roger as the throne they're sitting on?...Now that...would be sizzling hot, hehehe."

As he said this, Bhairyuu started to drool and even had a minor nosebleed while his fingers started wiggling in a perverted manner as though he was groping a pair of huge breasts, all the while chuckling pervertedly with a lecherous grin on his face as he imagined Nami and Robin in his mind's eye.

AS Khrysaor listened to Ryuu, he had taken out the water bottle, and unscrewed the cap. He had nodded with along with the explanation of the ship agreeing full heartedly on the designs for the ship, and liked the mental image that came with it. When Bhairyuu got to the design for the pirate flag, Khrysaor had a mouthful of water, and at that point got so surprised by the mental image that he spat out the water full force towards Ryuu's face.

He didn't notice what he did a moment ago as his mind was imaging the sexy ladies from one piece came to mind, especially with the pose they would be making and bikinis on that got his heart pounding and his nose bleeding. He was in this state for 5 minutes, before he snapped out of his daydream.

He turned towards Bhairyuu who was making perverted gestures, without even noticing the water soaking him from head to toe. Khrysaor was confused as to how the water got there in the first place, but decided it was not important as he needed to snap Ryuu out of his own daydream. "Hey would-be-alchemist come back to the world of the living, or you will die of blood loss!"

Bhairyuu had still been deep in his daydream when the water from Khrys's mouth hit him in the face full force, but since he was still entranced, he could not respond immediately. It was not till he heard Khrys's words that he came out of his perverted daydream with an uncharacteristic exclamation

"Huuggahh!! Eh...what the heck happened to me just now? Ah, dont tell me I started daydreaming again...Geez...how troublesome...oh well...nothing I can do about that now..."

He then looked at Khrys and then shook his head to reset his thoughts and cleared his throat loudly, then saying as he dried himself off

"Well then, that's enough talk about the ship...shall we get to gathering the requisite quest items now?"

With that he got up from where he was sitting and then started walking towards one of the deeper parts of the forest which he had scoped out earlier and looked around, and then back at Khrys, saying

"Oh wait...I...dont know how to gather Mats yet...so you need to show me how to do that first...only then can we truly begin this quest in earnest."

Edited by Bhairyuu

Khrysaor had waited for a minute or so before Ryuu snapped himself out of his daydream. He stood up with Bhairyuu who started to move deeper into the forest to looking for the best gathering spot. Khrysaor saw his friend eyeing a specific tree, and Khrysaor thought, 'I am sure he is thinking of starting the gathering by cutting down that tree.'

He expected for Ryuu to bring out his axe to start the process, but was surprised when his buddy turned to him with a questioning look; Khrysaor was picturing Ryuu with a "?" over his head as Ryuu asked for help in gathering the material. Khrysaor's jaw dropped in amazement and he could not believe Ryuu hasn't learned how to gather mats. yet.

Khrysaor sighed and rubbed his head, and was thinking, 'What a drag... I don't feel like teaching right now, but I guess the faster he learns the techniques, the faster we can get on with actually gathering the material.'

So, with another deep sigh Khrysaor his inventory menu and picked the axe. An axe materialized in his right hand, and he looked at his left hand which still held a half filled bottle of water.

He brought that hand out and gestured for Bhairyuu to take the water if he wanted to quench any thirst he might have, and asked, "Do you another axe on you by any chance? I would love to show you something you will find cool/amusing."

Edited by Khrysaor

Bhairyuu looked quizzically at the axe in Khrysaor's hand and then at him as he asked for another axe in order to display some apparently cool and/or amusing technique in his repertoire, wondering what sort of technique would require two axes just to cut down a single tree, but he did not question Khrysaor and instead, he simply opened his Player Menu and from his inventory, he materialized a standard sized hand-axe and gave it to Khrysaor while asking

"Amusing technique, huh? Well don't keep me in the dark...I hate to be kept waiting, in case you didn't know."

With that, Bhairyuu fell silent, now standing back several feet from the tree that he and Khrysaor were at so that Khrys could have a large enough space to work in and wondered if the technique was just going to be Khrys showing off or whether it was actually going to be useful in helping him gather the wood for the ship more efficiently.

Khrysaor was waiting for Ryuu to give him a extra axe, so he could show him a good imitation of one of Zoro's techniques. 'Too bad the game does not allow for us to create our own techniques, I would then have been able to create my own versions of Zoro's techniques.' thought Khrysaor. Khrysaor took Ryuu's axe once he was able to get it out of his inventory, and replied, "Why would I try to waste our precious time. If you truly are as much of an anime freak as I am, then I know you will love this next move, and not think of it as a waste of time."

After, he got both axes in his hands, he noticed Ryuu move out of the way from the corner of his eyes. Now was the time to show his move, Khrysaor got into the starting stance. Khrysaor spread his legs apart, and brought his right hand across and just below his left hand, while, keeping both axes pointed towards the right both parallel to each other.

Then he said, "Nitouryuu Nigiri... Outourou." and with that Khrysaor ran at his top speed towards the tree and jumped high into the air, while at the same time, bring both his arms up and swinging the axes in a downward slash. Causing the tree to be cut into 3 long strips of that toppled down to the ground. Khrysaor turned his back to the tree to stare at the expression Ryuu would be making from seeing that display.