[PP-NK-F1] <<Rovian Wars Part 1>> [Bhairyuu & Khrysaor] Build-A-Ship Workshop

Bhairyuu had been watching Khrysaor intently while wondering just what he was up to when he finally saw Khrys move towards the tree and go into performing a technique with the two hand-axes he had that resembled one of those used by a character known as Roronoa Zoro from one of his favorite animes One Piece. Upon seeing how the technique had neatly split the large tree into 3 neat, long blocks, Bhairyuu chuckled briefly while slouching with his right eyebrow and right corner of his mouth twitching intermittently and then spoke after kneeling down next to the cut sections of the tree.

"Seriously...did you just pull a Zoro move there? And of all his two swords style techniques it had to be that one...come on...surely you could have used the "Hirameki" instead...at least that would have been easier on us when it comes to collecting the wood...geez..what a royal pain...these sectons are so long...it will take forever to cut them down to size..."

Saying thus, Bhairiyuu let out a disgruntled groan as he stretched out his hand to take the two axes. He paused and spoke

"...Let me have those two axes...I want to see what I can do with them to trim these down to make them into blocks so that we can extract them as a quest item..."

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Khrysaor had listened as Ryuu went on his usual lazy tirade of the increased workload. Khrysaor started to tune him out because he didn't truly care, but he got the feeling Ryuu was at least slightly impressed even if he did not say anything about it. "Hold on, let me just show you how to gather and extract material." said Khrysaor.

He walked closer to one of the fallen blocks of the tree and picked up one of the ends of the block. He brought his axe and cut down snapping a few meter long piece of wood, and then brought the piece closer to himself, while at the same time pressing his index finger against the piece. A few seconds later a small window popped up asking if Khrysaor wanted to extract for the quest. He pressed on the confirm button and waited to see what would appear.

Message appeared, stating "nothing was found, termite infested" made Khrysaor drop and kick the piece away not wanting to continue touching the bundle of wood. Khrysaor turned to Ryuu and said with a frown, "Well guess I got unlucky and did not find anything, you might have better luck. At least now you know how it is done, and here are the axes." Khrysaor handed the Axes to Bhairyuu and stepped back to allow Ryuu to get to work.

"Oh yeah, also before I forget take these items and equip it to yourself, they should help you increase your chances to find better quality wood. You can give them back to me when we are done for the day." said Khrysaor. Khrysaor went to his inventory and clicked on the Rainbow Stone and Generic Plushie MK. 0, and finally pressed the send to Bhairyuu, transferring control to Ryuu.

Spoiler

Rainbow Stone (+1 LD)

Generic Plushie MK. 0 (+2 LD) - attach to hilt of weapon

ID# 70174

LD: 7 (Fail)

Edited by Khrysaor

[OOC: <<Rainbow Stone>> & <<Generic Plushie Mk 0>> now equipped to Bhairyuu's Off-hand slot from this post onward till the remainder of this thread.]

Bhairyuu received both the axes and was about to go to work trying to cut down another tree when Khrysaor had stopped him. He turned to Khrys and saw Khrys send over two items from his inventory, those items being a <<Rainbow Stone>>, an odd rock that glowed in all the various colors of the rainbow and a <<Generic Plushie>>, a rather creepy looking small-sized doll. Bhairyuu had listened with an incredulous look on his face while Khrys explained the effect of the two items on him and at the end, he remarked

"Geez, these are some really queer trinkets you sent me, Khrys...you sure they will help me gather this wood more efficiently...honestly, they don't look very impressive...but whatever, let's just get this over with, I guess..."

Despite his reluctance to believe what Khrys just told him, Bhairyuu went ahead and attached the plushie to the 1 foot long hilt of his shiny new sword, the <<Embodiment of Apophis>> and slipped the <<Rainbow Stone>> into one of the open pouches in his utility belt. Then, he went over to the tree right next to the one Khrys had cut down a few minutes before and positioned himself several feet away from it since he needed that kind of distance to perform his theatrics in a believable way. He nodded at Khrys to step back and then went into his own imitation of one of Zoro's two swords style techniques, muttering

"Niitoryuu Iai: Rashomon!!"

With that, he rushed at the tree and then in the blink of an eye, drew the axes, one from each side of the hip, threw them at the trunk of the tree as hard as possible, causing the tree to split into three sections which then started to fall away from each other slowly. The axes curved upward due to the force of the throw and then returned to his hands and he resheated them with a smirk.

Khrysaor had listened to as Ryuu doubts that the items he passed on to him worked like Khrysaor explained. Khrysaor sarcastically replied, "If you don't want... what did you call them... ahh yea queer items. You can always give them back since you think them useless, at least they will help someone find the items easier."

Khrysaor then decided to sit on the ground leaning against a tree while Ryuu got to work. He watched on a Ryuu got into another very familiar stance of Zoro's, and continued to watch as he successfully caught both axes. This was one of Khrysaors's favorite nitouryuu techniques that Zoro uses, and watched in awe as Ryuu was able to complete such a complicated technique. After, the move was used, he watched on as the tree split into 3 blocks, which were falling at a slow speed.

"Now, why don't you give me one axe so we both can use them to gather the material." said Khrysaor, as he got up and brushed off the dirt from his armor.

Edited by Khrysaor

Bhairyuu smirked at Khrysaor and instead of returning one of the axes, he put on yet another show of theatrics all in order to cut the sections of the tree that were now just the right distance from the ground. So he held both axes at his right hip as he dashed toward the three sections of the cut tree and then once in range, he muttered

"Niitoryu Nigiri: Hirameki!"

With that, he went into the technique once again pretending to be one of his favorite anime characters, namely Zoro, and swung the two axes from his hip hard toward the left, hitting and slicing right through all three sections of the tree, causing them all to fall into a roughly stacked pile on the ground. Then, he knelt down and tapped the pile, causing a translucent options window to appear in mid-air, hovering in mid-air and displaying the results of his gathering.

Spoiler

ID 70216 II Battle: 10 II  Craft: 12  II  Loot: 11 [8 [Natural Roll] +3 from <<Rainbow Stone>> and <<Generic Plushie Mk 0>>] II  MOB: 4

Interpretation: 1 <<Normal>> Wood Bundle gathered!

Bhairyuu looked over at Khrys and swiped in his direction, sending the gathering results menu to him and called out

"Yo, Khrys, check it out! I got a <<Normal>> wood bundle. It's a good start, but we'll need a lot more of these to create our concept ship."

Edited by Bhairyuu

Khrysaor had become pissed that Ryuu did not give one of the axes back to him but it did not show on his face. "Yo, now that you are done showing off your cutting and gathering skills, could you pass one of the axes over here so we are not stuck here all day." said Khrysaor with a small sneer on his face.

Khrysaor was internally surprised that Ryuu found something decent on his first try, it usually took most beginner gatherers a few tries before they get some decent loot. Even he himself didn't enjoy gathering loot, because it is so damn hard. He was much better at getting better loot fighting mobs, than gathering from the environment.

He tried his hand at trying to get a bundle of wood this time. Khrysaor went up to one of the neat piles of wood stacked there by Ryuu's last attack, and tapped the pile holding his finger there for a few seconds to wait for the window to pop up. 3 seconds later a window popped up in his face with the results of his try.

After looking at the results, he was able to return the superior smirk Ryuu had given him not too long ago. Khrysaor said with a smirk, "Well look at that, I got a rare bundle of wood, and that on a normal roll, unlike some people."

ID# 70217

LD: 14 (Success)

+1 <<Rare>> Wood Bundle

Total Loot: +1 <<Normal>> Wood Bundle | +1 <<Rare>> Wood Bundle

Edited by Khrysaor

Bhairyuu smirked as Khrysaor started showing off his gathering skills as well and when he came within earshot, Bhairyuu spoke, with some chuckles in between

"A <<Rare>> bundle on a natural roll, eh? Now who's the one showing off, eh Khrys? If I recall, you were ribbing me for doing that just now a few minutes ago. Still, it's impressive...I will give you that much."

After that, he gave Khrys one of the axes while saying

"Here's your axe then...now...where do you think we should gather next? Also, should we do it as a team or have each one of us focus on gathering whatever quest item we are best suited for? I mean, since I dont have any <<Skills>> down yet, I think it would be safer for me to gather from the environment than risk fighting mobs and such, right?"

He suggested and then looked about the forest, trying to spot potential wood gathering spots which he could take advantage of to get good wood at a decently good rate while he waited for Khrys to give his opinion on their further course of action.

Khrysaor had listened to Ryuu ask him on there next course of action. Khrysaor sat down and leaned against a tree, to take a small rest, while he thought of their  best course of action. He put his hand under and chin while thing and hummed a bit.

After, a few minutes Khrysaor stood up and said, "I think the best way to do this for now is to work together for a little while longer to gather few more bundles of wood, before we take a small lunch break, at which time we could head back into the town, before we split up and gather the material separately. Since, it will be easier for me to get the animal fat, why don't I take up the work of taking down the mobs, while you stay around the forest and keep gathering bundles of wood."

He thought he came up with a decent enough plan that will allow them to gather the most material in the shortest period of time but he still asked for Ryuu's opinion, "Do you think that sounds good, or have you come up with something better, Ryuu?" Khrysaor stood up and dusted himself off, before he went towards Ryuu to get his axe back.

Bhairyuu listened as Khrysaor laid out his plan for how to proceed with their current event quest efforts and when he came near enough, he got up and held out the hand with Khryaor's axe in it towards him, saying

"Hmm, I couldn't have made a better plan myself, to be honest. So yeah, let's go with that strategy...Operation "Divide & Conquer" is officially a go."

Bhairyuu said with a smirk and then looked about once more to see if he could spot any better wood gathering spots. As he was looking, he heard the faint sounds of what sounded like rushing water falling over something, so he pointed in that direction, asking

"Yo Khrys...is it just me or is there the sound of rushing water coming from over in that direction? Perhaps we will have more luck there...after all, the vegetation has to be more lush and thriving there than it is here, wouldn't you say?"

"Operation Divide and Conquer, I like it. Let's go with that." mumbled Khrysaor. He pumped his right arm into the air and stated, "Yosh, let's do this. Operation Divide and Conquer is now underway." Khrysaor started to head in the direction that Ryuu pointed to and could also hear the sounds of falling water, and it wasn't the sound of the waterfall that they went to before.

He decided to check it out, first, he picked up his axe which was on the ground and made sure to place it back in his inventory, since he did not feel like lugging the heavy thing around, especially with all that was already equipped to him. As he walked forward at a small pace, the path he walked on was getting thinner and more tree branches were starting to block his way. He had to push aside the branches to keep on proceeding forwards on the path.

While he pushed some of the branches away from him, he unintentionally let few of the branches go, which would snap back and behind him towards Ryuu who was following closely behind him. 'I wonder what we will find up ahead,' thought Khrysaor, as he reached a small clearing where he took a small breather. Khrysaor could still hear the rush of water not to far away now.

Edited by Khrysaor

Bhairyuu had started following Khrysaor as they went deeper into the forest in search of the source of the rushing water sound he had heard earlier. On the way, he had quite the time trying to dodge and duck under all those breanches that Khrysaor was unintentionally letting go at him, but somehow managed to come out of that whole ordeal more or  less unscathed except for a few scratches. At they came near to the source of the sound, Ryuu saw Khrysaor stop at the clearing and he did too so that he could rest for a few minutes before they started their search for the waterfall again. As he rested, he remarked, his breathing faintly audible due to the sudden bout of physical exertion he had engaged in

"Oh man...that sure was a tricky trail to navigate, eh Khrys? There were a few times I nearly lost my footing thanks to those branches you were pushing aside...lucky for me, my reflexes saved my hide every time, hehe."

With that, he fell silent and gazed about the clearing, looking to see if there were any trees they could gather from in order to quickly and efficiently increase their wood pile for the event quest.

Khrysaor had been waiting for Ryuu to catch up to him and enter the clearing. In the mean time he took out his almost finished water bottle and took a few sips. He could hear some rustling of branches, and turned towards the source to find Ryuu coming out looking exhausted, with scratches and dirt all over.

Khrysaor thought, 'What the hell happened to him, it looks like he had just gone through the fight for his life.' He was about to open his mouth to ask, but was interrupted as Ryuu himself spoke to him about his condition. As Khrysaor had listened to the explanation, he fell to the ground laughing his ass off at the situation, but managed to control himself. "Oh, woops, sorry buddy, you should know I did not mean it, right?" stated Khrysaor sheepishly while rubbing the back of his head, while at the same time still trying to hide his snickers at Ryuu's predicament.

Khrysaor then said, "Well, I think  we should get moving. We have wasted enough time."

Khrysaor stoppered his empty water bottle, and took it along with him to get a refill at the flowing water. Khrysaor headed in the direction of the water, through the remaining part of the forest until he spotted the bottom of the waterfall through the foliage of trees.

Edited by Khrysaor

Bhairyuu growled in exasperation as he saw Khrysaor making light of his ordeal from a few seconds ago and his right eyebrow and the right corner of his mouth started to twitch as he watched Khrys roll around on the ground laughing his head off. He was about to retort, but then Khrys had pre-empted him by suggesting they move ahead, so he scoffed and then took the lead at this point, moving ahead of Khrys with a disgruntled expression on his face. After several minutes of fighting through the thick foliage, he came across the waterfall that Khrys had been looking at earlier. However that was not all the scenery had to offer...there was a medium sized lake at the foot of the waterfall, so he looked back and called out

"Hey, Khrys! Check this out! It isnt just a waterfall, bud...there's a lake here too...no wonder the foliage is so damn thick around here...it must be the water from the lake feeding it and making it so lush...that in turn means we will probably get some good trees to cut down for the <<Wood>> quest item we need in that <<Rovian Wars>> event."

After that, he waited for Khrys to catch up with him and in the meantime, he set his disgruntled face back to normal and started looking for a nice set of trees to go lumberjack on for the wood.

Khrysaor had allowed Ryuu to pass him by and lead them towards the waterfall. He was lagging behind somewhat, but listened as his friend talked abou the lake and lush greenery. Out of breath, he finally caught up to Ryuu and stared at the environment, and it truly was a breath to see. He looked around and could see much more greenery and beauty which was only enhanced even more with the waterfall, Khrysaor was thinking, 'I am guessing the water helps the wildlife around this area.'

"Yea, this place should be a great place to search and gather the bundles of wood we need." said Khrysaor, agreeing wholeheartedly with Ryuu's observations. Khrysaor went up to the small lake and took out his water bottle, and filling some extra water in it to drink later. He placed the full water bottle back into his inventory, and finally started to look around for a great place to start cutting some wood down to size.

Bhairyuu smirked as he saw and heard Khrys agreeing to his suggestion about the wood gathering and after finishing his once-over at the woods to their left and right, he too took out a water bottle from his inventory menu and drained it in a few gulps. After that, he took out his axe and then turned to Khrysaor, saying

"Let's start with that large tree over there to your right...that one looks like it will yield a good amount of wood, which means we won't have to prolong this wood search too far...hopefully my bad luck won't set in and throw a monkeywrench into our plans..."

With that said, he went over to the tree that he had indicated and then aimed a mighty swing at the thick trunk of that tree, cutting it halfway through and then swung over to the other side and slammed the axe into the tree trunk again with the same amount of force, causing the trunk to start to fall over. While it was still in free-fall, Bhairyuu aimed several more swings at the trunk, cutting it into smaller sections and then tapped the wood pile, hoping the returns would be decent

Spoiler

ID# 70546 results:

Battle: 10 II Craft: 11 II Loot: 18 [15 Base + 3 (from Rainbow Stone and Generic Plushie Mk. 0)] II MOB: 1

Interpretation: 1 <<Noble>> wood bundle gathered!

As he saw the results from the pop-up menu that hovered above the wood pile, Bhairyuu smirked widely and turned to Khrys calling out in an uncharacteristically enthused sounding voice

"Hey Khrys! I was right after all, check this out! Noble quality wood, bro! Try to top that!"

Edited by Bhairyuu

Khrysaor watched on as Ryuu picked one of the trees to cut down, he could see it was one of the better and more lush trees in the region. He watched as his buddy cut the tree into smaller pieces and pick up one pile to check the result of his gather, and Khrysaor observed on as Ryuu called out he got a noble bundle of wood.

Khrysaor was happy at another successful attempt and even that of the best quality of wood that can be found. He wanted to eagerly get on with his attempt, especially overjoyed at their success so far. He got his trusty axe out and held firmly with two hands, and looked around for another good quality tree. He found one on the opposite side that seemed as lush as the tree Ryuu had found and hoped that it would also provide a bundle of noble wood.

He raised the axe to the side and brought the axe towards the tree, but something unbelievable happened. When the axe hit the tree it rebounded back and flew out of his hands and into the lake not too far. Khrysaor frantically ran to the lake to see if he could find the axe, hoping he would not lose it, but something strange occurred. Bubbles started to appear in the center of the lake and a feminine figure started to appear and come out of the water.

Spoiler

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EWdyZxZmLQQ/V1OjQ5ZxNfI/AAAAAAAAO2Y/tDg1Mnn3b_w-jN4wIcHaqLd9v50RSkngA/w426-h639/16%2B-%2B1

Bhairyuu had started howling with laughter and rolling on the ground as he saw Khrys's blunder with his axe and had continued laughing till he saw the axe fall into the lake. He would have continued, but then his attention was drawn to the feminine figure who had risen up from beneath the surface of the lakewater. As she turned about to face him and Khrys, Bhairyuu was, for once in his life, struck speechless by the breathtaking beauty of the figure. His eyes wandered her voluptous form which was the fabled "hourglass figure" that was widely taken to be one of the main traits of the quinitessential woman and as he continued to take in all the details, his jaw went slack, causing his thin lips to part noticeably. The woman was dressed in a blue-colored two-piece dress, the top being a small blouse like garment that served to cover her rather ample bosom and the bottom piece being a sort of ankle length skirt that was swirled around her lower half and hanging low over her wide hips. In addition to this, she had matching metallic blue armbands from which flowed a material that looked very similar to gossamer and a headband that was also blue in color.

As the woman regarded him and Khrys, the gentle breeze blew forth from behind her, causing her mid-back length, wavy brown tresses to gently stir as it caressed them. She gave them both a gracious smile and spoke, her voice sounding like the lyrical notes coming from an angel's harp

"Welcome, young warriors to my lake...I see that you have dropped your axe in these waters...but fret not, for I shall return it to you in due course...However, you both have to pass the test I give you...and it is a test that shall reveal the innermost working of your hearts and minds...so are you ready?"

Edited by Bhairyuu

Khrysaor had been watching on from the spot on the ground that he was kneeling on in the hopes of finding his axe which was lost in the lake. His eyes were fixed on the rather alluring figure that was slowly breaking away from the surface of the water. After, the figure fully unveiled herself, Khrysaor kept his eyes riveted to the woman, and scanned her from head to toe.

He saw one of the most beautiful faces he had ever seen, and he watched as her wavy brown tresses of hair flowed like the water through the wind. His turned his gaze to the her ample chest, and then the perfectly sculpted abdomen and hips that flared out.

Khrysaor was lost in his little trance and he only heard her speak in the most melodic, feminine voices not catching the meaning in her words. He managed to shake himself out of his trance by stretching his head a bit, and then turned his gaze back on the woman and tried to speak confidentally, but only managed to stutter out, "Sor-sorry, my fa-fair lady, I... uhh... was not pay-paying atten-att-attention before, because I was sta-staring at your beautifully sculp... umm... I mean was lost in my own thoughts. Could you please repeat what you said."

A few seconds after Khrys had made his little verbal faux-pas since he was too busy ogling the woman, Bhairyuu also snapped out of his red bloodedness-induced stupor and hastened to reply to woman lest she grow cross with him and Khrys, his hurry causing him to fumble with his words

"H-huh? Oh, s-sorry ab-about that, mi-milady. I too w-was entranced and en-enthralled by your etheral beauty and so was struck dumb for a few moments...please forgive me and my friend...I humbly beseech thee...If you would be so kind, please repeat the conditions for retrieving the axe."

He spoke in a tone of reverence, keeping his eyes riveted on hers and did not dare to snap them downward towards her statuesque body since the woman had a countenance and an air about her that resembled that of royalty. As he waited for the woman to reply, he shot Khrys a look that told him to be more reverent in addressing the woman so that they could avoid provoking her. As he turned back, he noticed the small NPC icon floating above the woman's head and realized it was some sort of mini trigger that was set to activate whenever someone's axe or other such implement fell into the waters of the lake. A few seconds after he had responded to the woman, she spoke again

"Very well, young warriors...it would behoove you to pay heed to my words for I shall not repeat this a third time...now listen well...I will return your axe to you if you can recognize it from a trio of axes that I, the Lady of the Lake, shall present to you now."

With that, she presented the first of the axes, this one being a hand-axe made of solid gold. She asked him and Khrys

"Tell me, young warriors...be this the axe that you seek?"

Khrysaor had paid attention to how Ryuu asked for forgiveness on his and Ryuu's mistake of not paying attention when the woman was talking and he nodded along with Ryuu and said confidently after recovering from his few minutes lapse of judgement, "I truly am sorry my fair lady. I will do my utmost to pay closer attention to what you say from now on."

This time when the woman started to talk about the conditions to retrieve the axe, Khrysaor Listened with apt attention, not even noticing the look Ryuu sent to him and was not able to pay any heed to his warning.

The water goddess brought a golden axe out from behind her and asked if the axe was the correct one. Khrysaor was internally salivating at the sight of the very expensive looking axe, but kept a calm outward composure which did not give any of his thoughts away. 'Man, I would love to get my hands on that axe, but I should be honest. I am almost certain this is a test and she knows which axe is truly ours.' thought Khrysaor with a sigh.

"I am sorry my lady but that does not look like my axe. Could you please show me the other axes you seemed to have found." said Khrysaor reverently.