[PP-F1] It's time... <<Redemption>> (Itzal, Beatbox)

The day had finally come. Hikoru had this day planned for months, slowly levelling up and now finding a guild, he felt that he had finally earned himself the ability to redeem himself. He sent out a PM to two of the players and he sighed. He knew that the player, Beatbox, was wanting to become a Sentiel, so he added that this would be his test. To see how much damage he could do. He breathed and continued forward until he was just outside of the area where they needed to meet. He waited and made sure that everything was equipped. He wasn't going to use any buffs today, he had no feeling that he would need to. He knew that this was Beatbox's time to shine. He knew that this would be a difficult and definitely a bumpy ride for all of them. He would take command as the highest levelled player out of the three of them, but he knew that if things got bad, he would be the only one able to get out of there easily. He shuddered and promised himself that it wouldn't come to that today. That he would stand his ground and fight. He sat on a tombstone and waited for the other players to arrive in their own time, knowing that they would soon show up

@Beatbox and @Itzal. Post your stats as I have.

Spoiler

Hikoru, Master of Shadows

Stats:
955 HP
94 Energy
+3 Accuracy
+2 Evasion
13 Base Damage
66 Mitigation

Items:
Yamkima (Weapon) +2 Paralyse +2 Bleed
Master of Shadows (Light Armor) +1 Evasion +36 MIT
Eclipsed Pendant MK. 2 (Lucky Charm) +1 Evasion +2 Accuracy
Sutetchi (Familiar): +6 Damage 

Battle Ready Inventory:
N/A

Buffs:

Skills:
Rank 5 Dagger (Max Rank)
Rank 5 Light Armor (Max Rank)
Rank 4 Sneak and Hide
Rank 1 Search and Detect
Rank 1 Shadowed Path
Rank 3 Familiar (Max Rank)
Rank 0 Meditation
Rank 0 Martial Arts
Concentration
Survival

Mods:
Precision +1 Accuracy
Athletics +15 Health +1 Damage

Beatbox had received a message from Hikoru, "Looks like its coming to around that time huh...?" he whispered to himself as he opened the message and read it. Redemption, Sentinel is all he could read from the message, matter of fact that's all he pretty needed to read to get the general idea of the message. He sighed and looked to his familiar Ocarina an gave him a smile "I guess it's that time for two things I suppose then? huh Ocarina..." he nuzzled his head into his furry companions, he opened his inventory for one of his damage potions that he had recently bought and drank it, this was a perfect opportunity to test out his new damage capabilities not just to himself, but to Hikoru and Itzal of the Celestial Ascendants. He grinned and walked himself to where Hikoru had sat on a tombstone and said to him "I guess it's coming to around that time huh Master of Shadows?" he gave him a wink and smiled wide "Ready to smash that big bad boss' skull in?" he giggled afterwards.

@Itzal

Spoiler

Beatbox, the Star of Aincrad

Stats - 

HP: 595 - EN: 58

ACC: 3

12 Base Damage / +6 Potion

Bleed: 24

Paralyze: 1

Damage Mitigation: 30

Thorns: 28

Items -

Sharpened Stardom (Bleed II, Para I)

Bad Boy Set (Thorns II, MIT I)

Musical Note Pin (ACC III)

Battle Ready Inventory:

N/A

Buffs: 

+6 Damage = Potion of Vicious Dragon Fang

Skills:

Rank 3 : One Handed Straight Sword (+3 Damage)

Rank 3 : Light Armor (+12 MIT)

Rank 0 : Martial Arts

Rank 3 : Familiar Mastery: Fighter (+6 Damage)

Concentration

Survival

Skill Mods:

Rank 3 : Ferocity (+1 Damage)

Athletics (+1 Damage, +15 HP)

When Itzal received a message and checked it he knew what it was about.  He stood up and told Aereth he'd be gone for a bit and equipped Niger Natio as well as Ascendant's Rosario and Oblivion ring.  As he walked over to the teleport pad he thought about what he read about the boss.  Because it negated status effects and MIT, Itzal would be nearly useless other than distracting or giving very little damage...  Essentially he'd be useless.  However this wasn't about him.  This was about Hikoru removing his orange cursor once and for all.  It was a big moment for his friend and he wouldn't miss it for the world.  When he reached the teleporter he warped to floor one and began heading to the quest site.  He had only seen Hikoru twice:  When he humiliated him in the tenth floor, and when they had the guild meeting.  He didn't know too much about Hikoru and hopefully he'd share some information about his life at some point.  For now he would leave Hikoru be when he wished and not pry on his life.  At some point however, he'd need to share his story with them as they should share their story with him.  Secrets pulled others apart, especially when they're big secrets.  When he reached the spots he noticed the other two and nodded, his hood and mouthpiece down, showing how he was in a serious mood for this.  "Looks like you two are ready.  I won't be much help but I'll do what I can."

@Hikoru

Spoiler

Level:  41

820/820 hp

82/82 energy

3 MIT

3 evasion

2 accuracy

8 base damage

GM OHSS - +5 dmg

N Light armor - +3 MIT

N Meditation - +1 energy on cd of 10+

Disguise

Niger Natio - +3 evasion

Oblivion Ring - +1 evasion +2 accuracy (+3 evasion negates the +1 evasion= +2 accuracy)

Ascendant's Rosario:  +1 dmg  2 bleed

Hikoru listened to Beatbox speak for a few moments, giving him a small nod, but didn't laugh back. This was a serious moment for him, and he knew that even though he'd love to laugh, he knew that he would put his guard down, which he didn't like at this moment. He just nodded and looked at Itzal, who seemed to be in the same mindset in this moment. He breathed and looked at the two of them, putting down his scarf from his nose and looking at the two of them with his most serious face

"Alright boys, i'm glad that you heeded my call on this one. This isn't just my redemption, this is Beatbox's chance to show he's ready to be a Sentinel." He turned to Beatbox "I want you to hit this creature with everything you got. I'll be dealing a small smmount of damage, I won't be using all my strength. It is your job to finish off the creature. If you don't you'll be hit by the creature, and it ignores Mitigation, which I know none of use want to be hit by. I don't gain hate, so there's no way I can save you." He turned to Itzal and crossed his arms. "and Itzal, you stay back on this one. Im glad you could come, but I want to see what Beatbox is made of. If he doesn't kill it in one shot with how much damage I had already taken off, you do not interfere. He will take the damage and I will finish it off, understand? I know that sounds rough, but I know that I can easily finish it if need be at that point. This is his test, and even though I am a bit cruel, this is my test that I have made for him. So please, unless I miss my attack, I want you to not take the chance of taking any damage." He breathed and looked at Beatbox "I will put it to at least One-hundred health, so if you can one-shot that, you have earned your place as a DPS Sentinel." He said, and waited for his words to sink in. 

Moments later, Itzal had arrived... however there was no time for greetings, nor was the mood for greetings was settled, today was a more serious day... and it shouldn't be joked about. Beatbox's smile had stayed though to keep a light in the darkness as they say in this array of darkness. He looked over to Itzal and as he did Hikoru and removed his scarf to reveal his serious face "Ooooo, Serious Hikoru is Serious..." he giggled and listened to his words and request with respect. He didn't really know what to expect from this quest and test to be Sentinel of the Celestial Ascendants, he knew that it wouldn't be a easy task... but he figured it'd be... just a tad bit harder? He smiled wider as he finished and he stood up and said "I can handle 100 HP no problem Hikoru, I'm not worried about getting hurt... and honestly I am not afraid of dying either. However I can firmly say that I'm not dying from this, not by a long shot." he winked and looked back at Itzal waiting for a response from him.

@Itzal

When Hikoru began to speak, he did so in a way that made it clear he was in charge.  Itzal was fine with this because not only did he have the right being Beatbox' mentor, as well being the wisest one in terms of combat here, but this was his quest:  His redemption.  He had every right to be in charge.  When he told Itzal to stay out of it he nodded.  "Understood.  However if he's about to die I refuse to just stand by and watch.  I will never accept such a thing to happen on my watch."  With that he drew the heavy, icy blue blade Ascendant's Rosario and let it fall by his side, not active but ready to be used at a moment's notice.  So this was not only Hikoru's redemption, but Beatbox' promotion.  He wondered how things would turn out and what Hikoru wanted to do afterwards.  He may be in charge here, and there was a good chance he was good at it, but Itzal wondered if the player would be willing to listen to advice in the heat of combat with stronger opponents, as well as step down in leadership when dealing with things out of his expertise, or if he would push to leading.  He had a feeling the player wouldn't try keeping the mantle but it was good to make sure.

@Hikoru

Hikoru breathed and nodded at Itzal, accepting what he said and agreed to it. He motioned for them to follow and made his way to the quest area. He knew that this was his moment. Soon the creature moved from it's statue, wings outstretched and long spear in hand. It looked at him with a silent gaze, eyeing him with it's ever-stone-cold gaze, and Hikoru breathed, staring back

"I have waited months for this, and now it's my time..." He said, and moved forward. The statue followed suit with lighting quick speed, faster than Hikoru had anticipated. But he adjusted accordingly and dealt a powerful move. Not his strongest, but he knew that it would give Beatbox a good opportunity to attack and hopefully defeat the creature. He breathed and stood, calling for Beatbox, breathing in and calling out loudly "Now Beat! Prove that you have what it takes to defeat this creature!" He said, and stood back, awaiting to see what would happen next. 

ID: 70274

BD: 3+3=6 Hit!

MD: 5 Miss

Hikoru used Accel Raid: 11x1=11x13= 143 Damage

Hikoru: 955/955 94/94

Beatbox: ???/??? ??/??

<<Redemption>>: 107/250 

Beatbox had seen Hikoru's face not change and seem emotionless, Beatbox with an angered look said to him "Dude. Cheer up, you're going back to Green soon. Plus this game isn't worth it if your upset all the time, put on a smile for once." he looked to the statue that stood proudly in front of them, "So... this is the mighty beast for Redemption huh? His stats are too puny to get forgiveness back... what a waste." he said with a smirk as he watched Hikoru amazing amounts of damage to the giant statue, more than half of its health in damage. Beatbox shook his head and walked up to the monster "Too bad that you weren't a challenge at all..." and performed a series of combo's in the form of a star, ending its life. It exploded into white and blue crystals, and he took a deep breath and walked away from the area in disappointment.

@Itzal

-----

Sword Art Used: Star Quint Prominence (Damage: 11+1=12+6=18*6=108)

Hikoru: 955/955

Beatbox: 595/595

Itzal: 820/820

<<Redemption>>: -1/250 -108 Dead.

Itzal noticed how Beatbox responded to Hikoru and put a hand on his friend's shoulder.  "Some things are too serious for someone to smile Beatbox."  He watched as Hikoru paused to saver the moment.  When he did he rushed up and dealt just enough damage.  Then it was Beatbox's turn and as he attacked Itzal noticed the bored and slightly frustrated expression he wore.  Was it the lack of difficulty of the boss?  Or was it his frustration with their taking this quest serious?  Either way Itzal did not think it becoming of his friend to be in this state of mind.  After it perished Itzal nodded to Hikoru as the cursor turned from orange to green.  "Hikoru my friend.  I don't drink, but if you're ever interested.  I'll buy you one."  With the player's cursor green again he once more had access to towns.  It was a twisted and cruel way he had become a red player, since he didn't kill any player, but rather an npc which everyone knew would simply respawn.  Now however he was free of that symbol.

@Hikoru

Hikoru watched as Beatbox sprang forward as the boss missed it's attack, and soon the creature looked at him, and pointed at his cursor. As he pixelated, his eyes flashed red, and soon he noticed the light around him grow... Lighter. He looked up, and saw his green cursor had returned. He stared in awe and soon, tears started the form from his eyes. He fell to his knees and started to laugh. Not a meniacal laugh, not a small chuckle, but a full on belly laugh, a laugh of relief, a laugh of happiness, a laugh of freedom. He was free from the curse of the orange cursor, and he looked at the sky, smiling as wide as he could, his arms outstretched sideways and his dagger falling out of his hand, clattering and pixelating back into his inventory. He was free. Free at last, able to go home once more. His store, his home. He was finally able to return, and visit Ariel again without worried about restrictions. He breathed and hears Itzal say something about a drink, and he gave a small chuckle and wiped away the excess tears and looking at him

"I haven't stepped foot into a store since I ever got my Orange Cursor.... Let's go." He said with a laugh. He looked at Beatbox, and gave him a small nod "And you, you are now a DPS Sentinel. For now at least. Your not done training, not by a long shot." He said with a small smile and ruffled the players hair. He stood and looked around, remembering this area well. He looked at the two and readjusting his glasses "Now, let's go grab a drink shall we? My treat."

He looked back after the boss had been defeated toward Hikoru that had tears forming in his eyes as the green cursor had been returned, Hikoru finally smiled at this situation, without much effort his green cursor had returned. "Congratulations." he had said to Hikoru with a wink, "Even though you did practically did majority of the boss' health, it was a job well..." he coughed "easily done." he looked back forward looking at whatever else he could see while he was here. He figured on what they were going to do next, the boss had been defeated and fighting any other mob's is just another day in paradise that Beatbox does on a daily... plus he's terrible at finding the right materials and such... quite a shame. He had looked up to Hikoru with a smile and said to him after listening "Thanks. I'll make the Celestial Ascendants proud." and giggled as he ruffled his hair. He had a look of "oh lord..." as he mentioned to get drinks on him, however he never really liked drinking, but for today's occasion... he will do so. "Sure, since we have nothing really much else to do, why not." he had said with a smile.

@Itzal

When Beatbox made a joke of how easy the boss was, Itzal felt he didn't understand the gravity of the feeling Hikoru must be having right now.  He didn't care about the difficulty of the boss, and while Itzal loved a challenge too he also could care less.  Hikoru had been freed from a burden and punishment he did not deserve in the slightest.  Once again he could be seen with kind eyes and greetings, once more he could enter the towns and see his friends whenever he wished.  He walked up to his friend and pulled down his hood and mouthpiece with a smile and his eyes wet from his happiness for his friend.  "I can only imagine how wonderful you feel right now my friend.  I'm glad you were able to reach this point."  Itzal nodded to Hikoru's request as well as a shrug.  "Why not?  I suppose I could have a small glass of red wine for a toast.  I know a good spot in town too.  Come on."  And with that the three began to walk over to the huge and massive town.

@Hikoru

Hikoru listened and just chuckled as he spoke about the boss. He had to agree with him, that it was much too easy, but at the moment he couldn't care less. He was finally able to go and get a drink, something that he had missed as his time as an orange player, the ability to grab a drink of ale, or wine, or anything of the sorts. He gave a nod and small one-armed hug to Itzal, and gave a small smile

"I'm glad you could make it brother, and thank you for your time." He said with a small smile, and came over and ruffled Beatbox's hair once more, giving a laugh and sighing, hearing Itzal say that he knew a good place, and he nodded his head and dragged the small Star with him, laughing and having a large smile plastered on his face. He chuckled and swung around the small player for a bit before setting him down and continuing forward with him "So tell me about yourself young Beat. I know quite a bit about Itzal, but I know nil about you." He said with an eyebrow raised in interest.

"Br-brother?" he asked himself in his head as he ruffled his hair once more, making it a mess. "Come on Hikoru, I need my hair in top condition at all times... I need to look good..." he said as he fixed his hair making it nice and straight. He looked back forward as they walked forward while thinking about what he needs to do to get more and more EXP that way he could get better stats before the next boss raid, he though about bringing up his Martial Arts a bit that way he could have a sword art at a future time, he sighed and listened to Hikoru as he had talked to him. Beatbox laughed and he said "Well, there's not much to learn about me to be quite frank. I just come from a family from an abusive father and a mother that didn't do much to stop him, and I just played other Roleplaying Video Games and I eventually found this game, and... well, here we are. There's not much to learn about me, except on why I wear outfits like this... however, I wish to keep my mouth shut about it." he looked back forward as they kept moving forward.

@Itzal

Itzal did nothing but listen after Hikoru asked for James to tell him about himself, and as he did he checked for any materials nearby that he could snag.  He heard James talk about himself and how there wasn't much to tell.  As he talked about his abusive father and his mother Itzal recalled when James spoke in anger that night, confessing his reasons for choosing such flashy outfits.  It broke Itzal's heart to see him in such a state and he hoped his friend could one day break out of it.  For now however he seemed to be doing alright.  Itzal of course would not tell Beatbox' secret on any level.  So he just went with a statement.  "I still don't understand why you want something so freaking flashy.  I don't think I could handle the attention on any level."  he chuckled to the two.  By this point they were nearing the gate and Itzal realized he still had his Niger Natio outfit on.  Beatbox couldn't exactly parkour, and he wasn't sure about Hikoru, but either way Itzal tended to use his Niger Natio armor to sort of 'part the Red Sea' as it were.  NPC's were a bit reluctant to be near someone dressed as such and the players had recognized that when he wore this armor he was in a rush and moved aside for him.  Thus it kept crowds at bay.

ID#  70449  LD:  1+8

@Hikoru

Edited by Itzal

Hikoru nodded and listened for a moment, giving a small nod and such as he explained where he was from. He could relate one way or another, as he had his own story that he lived with. He took a small sigh and opened his HUD, looking over his items and his col, and looked at what he had at the moment. He had quite a bit of items, and he had a good chunk of change to boot, but he had heard about something from Itzal at the meeting the other day, and it interested him. Both of these players seemed to know each other well to joke as he did, and he cleared his throat

"So, I have a question, and I do hope i'm not crossing any boundaries." He said quietly as they passed the NPC's "But are you going for a Unique Skill, as I have?" He said so the others wouldn't hear, only him and the scout in front of them. He wanted to make sure he was doing the right thing here, and he gave a small breath as he hoped he was talking to the right person.

Beatbox had thought to himself for a while... he knew he wanted to be the center of attention to not only for the front lines but for other players, he wanted to feel like he was making an impact to the cause of moving on with the game... he knew was relying on Unique Skills existing... he wanted one and he knew it. However, he still doesn't rather know if they even exist at the moment, he had heard him clear his throat and ask him the question he didn't expect from Hikoru... Beatbox giggled and looked at him with a smile "So... Unique Skills do exist... and yes, I am wanting one... however..." he opened his menu's to get to his Col tat he currently had and let out a sigh "... I maybe a little too late... I barely have enough col to pay for the rumor costs... those d*** brokers charging absurd amounts of col... I'll never get enough col in time..." he said with another sigh.

@Itzal

Itzal turned to the two and he was surprised but satisfied that Hikoru asked Beatbox if he was getting a unique skill.  As Beatbox talked they walked through the streets, the crowd keeping just out of their reach so they could pass on through.  Itzal wondered if either of them noticed this but kept his silence.  When Beatbox mentioned that he was nowhere near the col he needed to be Itzal sighed.  "Yeah I forgot to tell you, I'm giving all my col in order to help you get there Beat.  I thought about getting a unique myself but decided against it.  Not only is it too much effort to get on my own, but I don't think I'd like the attention the way you would.  I'm better off without one it seems.  Right now I've got about forty five thousand col but nothing more than that.  I'm working on it though.  Once you get your unique skill, and we will get you that unique skill, then I'll work towards donating to the guild as well as building up col for a house of my own."

@Hikoru

Hikoru listened and nodded, a small smile as he realised that he was correct. He opened his HUD and opened his Col amount, sending all of his remaining Col to the player. He wanted to help him as well, and this was the best way he knew how to help him. He gave a small chuckle and waited for the player to accept his col, as he did hopefully. He gave a small sigh and just chuckled

"Here, it's a small token of my appreciation for helping me today, and as a reward for completing your training for now." He said with a small smile and awaited the players reaction. He just chuckled and gave a small sigh as he looked to see the crowd around them. He just kept his eyes low and did his best to not try and gain attention. He was a high level on a very, very low floor for what they were on now. It was weird, as it made him feel young again, and he didn't know how to react. He just breathed and waited to get to the tavern when he could.

+49,000 Col to Beatbox

Beatbox had saw him finally gave a small smile, it was about time that he let out a smile. However what came next... surprised Beatbox. He had saw a menu pop in front of him sending a huge amount of col to Beatbox. Beatbox opened his eyes wide and couldn't believe how much it truly was... 49,000. He looked back up to Hikoru and said to him "C-can I really accept this gift Hikoru? Even if its a gift for helping you fight this boss... but... b-but..." he let out a sigh before turning his frown upside down happily "I guess it is what it is, it brings me so much closer towards a unique skill rumor... hopefully I'll choose the right one..." he said to himself with a smile as he pressed the accept button with a smile. He looked around him and saw that the crowds pay no attention to them, well... not as much as others looking at his own outfit. He took a deep breath and looked forward with a smile.

@Itzal