(PP-F10) Just SHUT UP ALREADY! (Wail of the Banshee) Itzal

Jonathan stood on the tenth floor, he was leaned against one of the buildings in the shadows. He was still easily able to be seen, due to his <Jacket of the Fallen> which the gold trim gave off a faint glow. He held his eyes closed thinking. He had been informed by Hikoru and what he heard had been decided for the meeting, and that they would wait, gather items, and level up, and hopefully get another tank in to help. Jonathan grinned. If he trained hard, he could be that tank. The frontlines needed him which was quite a happy thought. He heard of a quest he could do, but needed a bit of help to do it. Beat was probably flaunting off somewhere, and he would much rather have his partner. He opened his messenger and sent one to Itzal. 

To: @Itzal

Body:

Hey man, According to Hik and things I have heard rumored, they really need another Tank for the next boss fight or so. They said the sooner the better, So I need you to come help me. Meet me on the tenth floor, to do the Wail of the Banshee. You can paralyze her and I can tank. You can alose deal the damage, and maybe we can find a treasure chest or dungeon. 

Jonathan pressed send, and pushed off the wall, moving to the teleport pad. Itzal would be key in this battle, because apparently the Banshee could paralyze, and occasionally ignore mitigation. Itzal needed to have that prevented. If it were to ignore his mitigation, it would have to deal with his paralysis, which would be great, because then While he was getting his read handed to him, the Itzal could kill her. He could take one or two of the creatures death hits, but would rather have Itzal. Anyway it was supposed to be fast, and hard to hit. 

Itzal was enjoying a nice peaceful and warm day on his porch by the fireplace.  He gave a sigh as he strummed a few notes on his guitar.  It really was a very beautiful- suddenly a message popped up on his menu.  He sighed.  Well, fun while it lasted.  He put the guitar aside and read the message, grinning as he read through.  Indeed they needed tanks very badly.  In fact the lack of tanks was why Itzal couldn't risk joining the front lines...  Or well, most of the reason.  And when he spotted the quest he nodded as he recalled it.  Hirru and Baldur dealt a massive amount of damage while Itzal himself did...  Decently enough.  When his friend mentioned a chest Itzal blinked in surprise.  He had rank two picking, yes that was true, but he had never actually looked for a chest.  Would this end up being his first time doing so?  Getting a little excited, he stood up and jogged over to the teleporter in the town.  When he reached it he teleported to floor ten.  When he did he wondered if he shouldn't have skipped night vision but shrugged the thought off.  He'd get that after getting the picking mod.  His sharp eye and Jonathan's jacket.  He walked over, his Twilight Cloak flowing behind him.  "Hey Jonathan!  So you chose this quest eh?  Let's get this party started then!"

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan stood waiting for Itzal by the teleport pad. It was taking quite a bit actually. He was probably out in the field. Then a flash of blue indicated someone was coming through. Jonathan's eyes lit up and he smiled.... but it was not Itzal. It was an elderly lady that was just seemed to go for a stroll. Jonathan fowned which returned to a smile as the pad lit up again revealing Itzal. Jonathan smiled and said, "Hey man! How have ya been?' After a few questions Itzal go to the point. So you chose this quest eh?  Let's get this party started then!" Jonathan grinned and said, "Yes. I have always wanted to expplore this floor a bit. I bet it is loaded with treasure around the place where we will be at. Tartarus is probably a lot bigger than you explored, or it would be just an random jail sitting in the middle of nowhere. Jonathan laughed a bit and sent A party request Itzal's way. He would equip his new armor and show it to Itzalin a sec. He wanted it to be more of a surprise, even though it would make Jonathan more happy then he. I fought with Itzal when I was level five. Look at where we are now. We are practically brothers we know and understand each other so well. That is why I have to improve to keep him alive at boss raids. How was the boss meeting? I heard it was recently or something of that sort.... 

Jonathan mentioned how he wanted to explore this floor and Itzal chuckled.  "Well then I guess it's a good thing I'm here.  You'd need a scout to get to the good places on this floor.  I may not have received night vision yet, but I have a pretty darn good searching ability when looking for materials, players, dungeons...  Even chests.  If you wanted to do something else while here then we could look for chests or dungeons.  Although I'm not sure about a dungeon.  The bosses have become a whole lot tougher than last time.  You sure you can take the hit?"  Then as they walked his friend asked Itzal how the boss meeting went.  He sighed.  "Eh, it went ok.  Some players believed it would be easy, such as Macradon, and others believed it would be best if players like myself and Beatbox stayed out of this one and joined the next raid.  I took the vote on caution.  However...  The leader of the knights of the blood oath came in.  He made this speech of how we need to make haste to keep the morale of the lower players from dropping.  I countered that we would need to take caution as well...  I don't like that guild and I especially don't like that commander.  The way he looked at Baldur when he called him samuri, it was like he was mocking him."

@Morgenstern

OOC- sorry for the wait XD

Jonathan listened halfway as Itzal talked about what scouts can do. He had actually heard this speech a million times. Jonathan's eyes lit up as Itzal said the word chest. Wait, you can find chests now? That is really cool. We should look for one today or some time soon. He mentioned that bosses have become a lot stronger lately, and were able to deal a ton of damage now. Give it a bit, and it would be easy for I. I have been working my tail off to get to the frontlines. Jonathan then listened to Itzal talk about the raid, in which they decided to wait, but it was quite the talk. Yes I agree with you... If  you even have a good chance of just one dying, then you need to think things a bit better through and wait a bit. Let people get more time. Anyway, the Frontliners are finding the rooms far too quick. They need to slow down a bit and do some leveling or such. Also, gives some other players to catch up like myself. Jonathan sighed. He wished to meet the commander, even if Itzal did not like him. He was said to be the strongest or one of the strongest players in all of Aincrad, and no one had ever seen his health go below half. Jonathan sighed and looked to Itzal. Well, we better get going, don't have that long. But first, I got something to show you. Jonathan smiled and opened his menu, equipping his three items. A blue light completely engulfed him, and his vision was blurry for a few seconds after it faded. Jonathan looked down as his vision cleared, becoming more enhanced form the lenses. His silver armor covered him from head to toe, and where Jonathan's eyes were supposed to be. We glowing golden slots. Jonathan grinned but was unable to be seen. Joanthan spoke and his voice was deeper and more formal sounding inside. So, What do you think? Not that flashy like my other one. I never really was into that anyway. Upon Jonathan's shield was the Mark of Sun of the Celestial Ascendants and behind his back, sheathed on his waist, was the same sword that Itzal knew. (More info about armor and appearence in stat spoiler then Equipment.)

When Jonathan reacted to his saying he could find chests he nodded.  "Yeah but I'm not a pro at it...  Yet.  But it's only a matter of time before I get the mod and get it to rank four.  I'll just get an item to increase it's rank to max from there.  Save myself some sp."  When his friend said he wanted to show him something and switched his gear, Itzal let out a whistle.  It certainly was a change.  He grinned and even chuckled to show how much he liked the outfit.  "You're officially a knight in shining armor my friend.  You even have the emblem on your shield.  You're the knight of Aincrad."  He chuckled again as he thought about himself.  A scout.  Second best to be precise, as he'd always would be, but he wanted to be known as something else entirely.  He gave out a sigh before patting his friend's arm since he was too short to pat the shoulder.  "Come on then, we'd better find those monsters soon so we can finish this quest."

@Morgenstern

Jonathan listened to the man who stated that his picking skill had now reached level three and he was working for level four. He said he would get a mod and get an item to increase its rank from there. Jonathan smiled. Aereth worked hard, but Itzal was the hardest worker he had ever met. Pretty soon, he would probably be caught up with Hikoru. He sighed and then Itzal referred to his armor as he put it on. "You're officially a knight in shining armor my friend.  You even have the emblem on your shield.  You're the knight of Aincrad." Jonathan sighed. Knight was exactly the opposite of what he wanted to be, but he liked this look so it was all cool. As long as I am not as flashy as Beat, I am cool. Anyway, this armor protects my entire body, including my head unlike my last armor. Also, the lens appear to enhance my vision a bit. It feels a bit more zoomed in. Jonathan made one final look and down and began to start off, passing the dragon as he walked through the gate. Itzal's scout ability allowed him to recieve more col and mats, so Jonathan was kinda envious, but it was all cool because Jonathan was more useful in combat. He could protect players.  Jonathan moved forward going to find tartarus, Itzal trailing behind him. After while Itzal should take charge and lead, because he has done this before and able to see quite a bit more. 

When his friend spoke Itzal gave a little light laughter.  "Yeah, his armor is a bit flashy isn't it?  Wait, your helmet zooms your vision?  Is it an ld enhancement or something?  Or is the helmet a separate part of the armor?"  He shook his head so that he could focus.  "Here, let's talk on the way.  There's a cave over there.  The entrance moves so we'll need to keep an eye on it."  They made their way into the caves of Tatarus.  It wasn't as long a walk if they chatted though, so Itzal was hoping they could spark a conversation.  As they walked he kept an eye out for the entrance to the lair.  As they walked he noticed something.  He approached the cave wall and observed it closer then finally smiled.  He grabbed an oddly shaped stone and turned it like a lever, revealing the hidden entrance to the lair.  He smiled at his friend.  "Well that was easy enough.  Come on let's get this quest done." 

ID#  70878  LD:  20...  Well that was easy XD

Lair found

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan walked beside Itzal talking to him about his armor. No. It does not have any loot or search enhancements. The helmet is all part of the armor, it is just removable, that way so I can drink potions or something like that. As they reached the area of jails, Irzal took one quick look around, turned an oddly shaped stone, and the wall turned and faded, leading to the entrance of the Lair. Well. That was rather easy huh? Let's go. Jonathan stepped in quickly, pulling out his blade.He had heard there were guardians, and multiple guardians at that. He looked around spotting nothing. He looked to the left of the long and wide corridor and seen them. Four in total. Jonathan smiled, preparing himself. A few seconds later he <<Howled>> They Zombie Guardians eyes flashed and began to go after him. This should easy. they have rather quite low health which removed their effectiveness. This should end quickly, and then finally we can kill the Banshee. Jonathan held his shield forward. They had some mitigation, but It would not be much, since Itzal had stronger sword arts than Jonathan. The zombies began to advance on him, na dJonathan looked to Itzal for a quick second trying to see what he would do. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 600/600 <<60/60>>

Itzal X/X <<X/X>>

Zombie Guardian A 40/40 120 DMG 16 Mit

Zombie Guardian B 40/40

Zombie Guardian C 40/40

Zombie Guardian D 40/40

When Jonathan explained about his armor Itzal nodded.  He heard about modifying armor so that it could do various things.  Jonathan seemed a bit eager to get this done and pushed onward, immediately getting caught by the guardians and used howl to draw their attention.  Itzal sighed as he opened his menu to switch his gear.  He replaced his Twilight Cloak with Niger Natio, equipped Beauty Incarnated, a ruby ring with golden designing on it, and finally his Ascendant's Rosario.  While the armored guardians received his attention and charged at Jonathan, Itzal observed the four.  They each had a chestplate as well as damaged and ripped chainmail underneath, their legs guarded with a studded waist cape and iron boots.  Their arms were unprotected save for steel gauntlets and they each had an open helm.  All in all it looked like they were about to fall apart.  The areas to strike would be the upper arms and face it seemed.  He drew Ascendant's Rosario.  "Aim for the face or upper arms, where they have no armor."

Itzal:  840/840  <>  84/84

Jonathan:  600/600  <>  60/60

Guardian x4:  40/40

@Morgenstern

Jonathan stood still waiting for Itzal to burst through and annihilate all of them. A few seconds passed and still nothing had happened. Jonathan sighed, all four were beginning to get quite close, so he had to do something. Jonathan stepped forward, slashing, grazing one's armor, not doing any damage to it. Then he was quickly overwhelmed. The strength of these four creatures was INCREDIBLE! Jonathan backed away, taking quite a bit of damge, but if Itzal were to actually do something, things would go good. Then he heard the man tell him to attack the face and upper arms. Jonathan rolled his eyes, healing a bit. Itzal better start doing something, as of Now! Hey man, it might ever occurred to you, but I still need your help in killing these things. Jonathan sighed and raised up his shield which also healed him. I can easily take the damage from these guys. They really don't do all that much. Perhaps he was equipping items or something, is that why he waited so fricken long? I am still holding firm though, so no need to worry!

Spoiler

70945 BD:1 MD:6 Regen Acivated!         Battle Turn: Battle Healing Actvated!

@Itzal:  840/840  <>  84/84

Jonathan:  544/600  <>  59/60 HP: 600- (120-92)28x4(112)=488+20+36=544 HP remaining

Guardian x4:  40/40

Edited by Morgenstern

After he had re equipped he heard Jonathan's comment and sighed.  First he was impatient and just rushed in there, and now he was getting pissed at this?  He loved Jonathan but he could be impatient at times.  Itzal ran towards them, ran up the wall, leaped off and released Shadow Explosion as he seemed to glide through the air, destroying all of the guardians in one strike.  He landed and rolled to the ground and stood up, his face cloaked still, and turned to his friend.  "You do realize I had my searching gear on and not my combat correct?  I needed time to re equip.  I can't just rush in unprepared."  He glanced at his friend's health bar and nodded at it.  "If you want we can wait till that's refilled.  As for the boss once you use howl I'll strike it and stun it.  Then at that point you and I can keep striking it till it's dead.  Shouldn't take too long at that rate."

ID#  71145  BD:  8 

Itzal:  840/840  <>  66/84

Jonathan:  544/600  <>  59/60

Guardian's dead <8 x 9 = 72  [AoE]

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal burst forward, decimating the creatures that stod before them. Jonathan smiled, but Itzal seemed a tad bit irritated. Oh. Sorry, I did not realize. I probably also just burst in there without even looking. Jonathan faced the ground. For a second he thought of what he had done wrong. I just rushed in there without even making sure the party was ready, or prepared. I might have endangered Itzal. That is something I need to work on. I am a bit Headstrong. I charge first, and ask if everyone is ready later. A good tank would not do that. Then Jonathan began to look for a material, but the barren prison appeared to not have anything. He sighed and looked back up to Itzal. We will take another few minutes, and then I will howl for the Banshee. It will be quick and easy. I don't have to be at full health if we can keep this thing stunned. 

@Itzal

+40 HP

564/600

Edited by Morgenstern

When he heard Jonathan's reply Itzal sighed himself.  Itzal could take constructive criticism easily, but it seemed others could not.  Even so they needed to practice communication and take it slow and steady otherwise they would have even more problems in the future.  "If your sure you can do that then ok.  Her lair is just ahead with no other minions.  I have a few healing songs in hand if we need them, though I very much doubt we will.  It helps to be prepared though.  I was thinking about getting the weight skill and mod so that I could carry debuffs into battles as well as multiple other items as well.  Therefore I can heal, refresh, or debuff enemies and the such.  I figured it would help balance my failure to deal damage.  Although I can now craft a song that doubles the damage status effects deal, so there's that.  Ok this is it.  You ready?"  With that the two entered the room.  The Banshee hovered in the middle of the room, her red eyes glaring at them.  She let out a piercing scream and Itzal yelled back "Oh Shut up already!"

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Ahem @Itzal These are the real stats.....

Health: 250 HP
+2 Evasion

Damage per Attack: 200
Banshee ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 9-10
-Banshee's Screech: On a natural roll of 10 she will add a scream to her attack that will paralyze all players present for 1 turn.

Jonathan stood looking forward toward the direction of where the banshee. She was not going to be easy, bit luckily Jonathan brought a healing crystal and potion. If they could stun her, she would be easy. I hear if she gets a good hit, she ignores mitigation, if she does tough, she will automatically b paralyzed. Though occasionally she could paralze as well. Jonathan sighed and headed forward, into the large room where the banshee was. This room felt a bit more dead, and was a few degrees colder.  Jonathan shuddered, where he finally laid his eyes on the banshee. He smiled mischievously at her as his battle lust came into battle. He reared his heard back and <<Howled>> Her red eyes glared at him as she switched targets. You're all mine. The blond smiled as he began to slowly walk forward. He began to scan her stance, looking fr possible for weaknesses. She appears to have nor armor, but is probably light and can move quite quickly. Weak areas would include head chest and back. Problem is going to be to hit those areas. It is possible though. We can do this. It might just be a bit dangerous, but if we could stun her then she would not be able to move. We need to get a stun on her fast a possible. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 600/600 <60/60>

Itzal 840/840 <84/84>

Banshee 250/250

Itzal watched as Jonathan used howl to gain the Banshee's attention.  The Banshee flew over to him with incredible speed and tried to attack him with her talons, bouncing off his armor dealing no damage at all.  Itzal observed her and noted that this would be interesting at best.  Then he threw a rock to annoy her but not gain her hate and she turned to him, releasing a concentrated scream that took the shape of a beam attack which Itzal dodged by turning his body sideways except for his legs.  After the attack he ran up, leaping off of pillars getting higher and higher before jumping at her, his sword charging and glowing purple.  "I said SHUT UP ALREADY!"  He released Nova Ascension, slashing her throat three times, her torso twice and finishing off by smashing the side of his guard into her face and sending her flying into the ground.  He watched her health nearly touch the yellow zone but not quite.  However now that she was both paralyzed and had the bleed effect, this should be over quickly.

ID#  71392  BD:  10  CD:  4

Itzal:  840/840  <>  66/84

Jonathan:  600  <>  60/60

Banshee:  160/250  <>  Stunned for next turn.  Bleed added:  24 damage for two turns

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal chucked a rock at the Banshee, and caught her attention a bit. She screamed at Itzal, which only seemed to anger Itzal, because he returned a yell, and began an attack that dropped her health in a considerable amount. She was now paralyzed and was bleeding. Jonathan smiled, and rose his blade to smite the banshee down, but then realized that Itzal had the same amount of hate as him. Jonathan sighed, rose up his emotion and finally let out a great <<Howl>> . He felt his hate level rise, and he backed up with a smile. Itzal still got a turn with the enemy having zero evasion. That was a huge advantage for the man since he already had a good chance for accuracy. Jonathan looked at Itzal with a smile. This will go much smoother and quicker than I previously expected. It should be over in at least another few minutes or so. Jonathan tightened his grip on his weapon and readied for next turn. She is quite fast, but I believe I will have to stun her next time, So I will need to get a good hit. 

Spoiler

@Itzal:  840/840  <>  66/84

Jonathan:  600  <>  60/60

Banshee:  160/250  <>  Stunned for next turn.  Bleed added:  24 damage for two turns

Hate: J:6 I:3

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal watched, or heard rather, Jonathan use howl, his voice echoing off of the lair's walls.  Itzal used his finger to clear his ear out.  "I'm going to go deaf from this quest one way or another...  Anyways this thing will be dead soon."  When he saw the Banshee's status effect running out, he handled his sword again and rushed up at the fallen Banshee, gathering momentum and activating Shadow Explosion, choosing to use the Soul Barrage technique as well for practice, slashing, letting go of the blade, grabbing with his other hand, and striking, which sped the sword art up by nearly seventy five percent, making it appear almost like a blur and the sword art finished, dealing a good amount of damage plus the bleeding effect added to his total damage and her health dropped faster.  This thing was nearly killed.  He leaped back and glanced at his friend with a grin.  "You've got way more hate than me so, could you lighten up on the yelling?"  Hopefully he looked like he was joking.  He wasn't very good at jokes after all.

ID#  71396  BD:  6+3  CD:  3  (I guess I'm doing the md  :p  )  MD:  4

Itzal:  840/840  <>  48/84

Banshee:  64/250  <>  72 sword art damage + 24 bleed.  1/2 bleed

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan chuckled as he heard Itzal make a joke about going deaf from his howling and the Banshee's screaming. Jonathan faced the Banshee looking for an opening. Itzal made an attack, striking again, dealing a massive amount of damage to his target. Right as he hid it, the Banshee was turned away from Jonathan, majorly exposing its back. Jonathan smiled, taking a breath. A second passed and Jonathan began to dash forward, slicing the back of his exposed opponent. The Banshee shrieked and fell to the ground as he health was barely a sliver. Are you freaking kidding me! you are dead creature. THE GAME IS RIGGED! Jonathan sheathed his blade and threw his hands in the air exasperatedly. We should just call it here, as Bleeding will kill it in a few seconds. The enhancement really is useful. If I were to get any enhancement though, it would have to be holy damage. I have always liked the idea of being a holy warrior.

Spoiler

71397 BD:10

@Itzal:  840/840  <>  48/84

Banshee:  1/250  <>  -63 (9x7)

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal laughed hard when Jonathan got pissed that he couldn't finish off the boss.  He was going to point out that it wasn't rigged that it was the mathematics behind it but decided to laugh some more instead.  Unfortunately Jonathan shouldn't have let his guard down and while he talked about how good the bleed enhancement was the Banshee flew up quickly behind him and scratched Jonathan's back.  It wasn't enough damage to kill him of course, not even half way, but it was enough to irritate his friend.  Itzal shook his head.  "Never back off until the monster or boss is finished.  Otherwise it still stands a chance.  And now that you've beaten the quest let's head on out.  I don't think a dungeon on this floor is a good idea.  You think the same?  Which floor you want to try out?"

ID#  71398  MD:  6

Banshee is dead due to bleed

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal