[F16-SP] Last minute lumbering

Morning, sunbeams on my face, hearing splashing waves on the other side of the open window which with the help of wind blew in a faint smell of salt. I opened my crimson eyes and looked at the wooden roof. The wooden roof that was a part of my and Jomeis beach house. Our very own beach house, that we have own for several months by now. I thougth back to when we just bougth the house. Or rather, when I bougth the house. My loved Irishman didn’t had any money to contribute with, while I, back then I was one of the leading alchemists in Aincrad, got quite a bit. Specially from a now dead player that also was the owner of one ofo the unique skills. He himself was a chef, and talk about chefs, I rose from the bed and took forth my searching enchanting food I bougth from Takao not that long ago and eat it in just a few chews.

Food consumed +3 LD

Edited by Zandra

It was rely amazing how the game could make us believe that we actually did eat for real. Someimes I even forgot that this wasn’t reality, it was just a virtual world constructed by a maniac because, well that’s one of the biggest mysteries. Why did Kayaba do this to us? What would he  gain from risking ten thousand players life. Was he enjoying the power he had. That he controlled ten thousand players and could do whatever he wanted with them. Or was he just crazy and liked killing people, like a massmurderer back outside sword art online. I walk up to the window and stared at the virtual waves that splashed against the shore, even this looked real. But I still knew it was probably a random number generator that decided how the waves would splash, what speed, where it comes from, how high the splashes becomes from flowing over the sand.

Edited by Zandra

Well, now when we talks about splashing water, seas and other water features. There was an event going that I was participating in together with some other guys and gals. Together we have been down at floor one and farmed for tons of items to construct a boat. So, why would they need a boat in an MMORPG? It sounded pretty weird. Like, isn’t it better to invest the time in new equipment. Like better  weapons or more protective armours? Well, probably it would, but there was an event that would take place in just a few days time. I didn’t remembered where it would take place. But I could always check the event description for that later. Well, what they would do is that they was gonna defeat, a seamonster. Yepp, a huge monster in the sea. To reach the monsters territory, they needed boats to bring the fight to the boss.

Edited by Zandra

Lets go back to the ship. There was a shipbuilder that would construct ships to all players that was gonna participate in the battle. But you have to bring the materials needed to build the boat yourself. One of the items was wood, well pretty obviosly when you gonna build a boat, at least to me. So I took my twohanded battleaxe and exited the two storey building I called home. The most obvious place to find wood would be in the forest right? And the best way to chop down trees, from where the wood came, would be by using an axe. And thankfully, That’s one of the items I had. When outside I headed for the nearest tree and started attacking it. Chop by chop, the trees healthbar lowered. And then, after almost ten minutes chopping, the tree started to fall and I got rearded with a noble wood piece.

ID: 70563
LD: 15+6=21 +1 noble wood

Total 1 noble wood

Edited by Zandra

As the first tree has fallen, and giving a jackpot on the very first try, I got a shot of motivation. Of the two materials we needed, it was wood we was lowest on, and now we would have one more. I immediately headed to the next tree and started working on it. This time, a smile on my face as drops of sweat started to roll down by forehead. Several  time I needed to brush the hair out of my face since from my fury swings, the hair was flying around. Maybe would have been cleaver to knit it up in a ponytail. Thou I didn’t had time for that right now. Now I needed to get these precious wood pieces. With one final swing this tree as well shattered into a million pieces, and rewarded me with another noble wood.

ID: 70565
LD: 17+6=23 +1 noble wood

Total 2 noble wood

Edited by Zandra

This was going so, so much better then I thougthbit would. As a healer primary and secondary dmg dealer with some defence, I didnt had a single point invested in any kinds of scouting skills. The nearest was... nope... none was even near to help her in this situation. But still two trees has rewarded me with noble wood. With this motivation, I quickly headed to the next tree. There I started batter it again and again, seeing the durability bar lower as blue and white crystal shqttered to indicate wood was choped away. After a few minutes this tree decided to fall over and guess what, a THIRD piece of the highest quality wood appeared in ly inventory.

ID: 70566
LD: 20+6=26 +1 noble wood

Total 3 noble wood

Edited by Zandra

I rely felt I was on a roll here. Ive already gathered a fourth of what our whole group got for an entire day. Was the system trying to tell me something? Should I become a scout instead? Was that actually my true calling, was that what the game wanted me to be? These question I probably would never get the answer to. But maybe someday, if I train hard enough, I may be able to become a scout as well as my other life goals. I took a break from wood choping and leaned towards a nearby tree that was still standing. Then I realized I was breathing heavy. Probably I should take it a little easier from now on.

Edited by Zandra

As I stood there, breathing heavy, my eyes followed another tree. From the roots to the crown. Then contiued upwards until I stared at the stone roof that actually was the floor of floor seventeen. I remembered back in the days when I and Jomei decided to settle down on this particular floor. Back then thos was the highest and most dangerous one. As two frontliners, neither of them was afraid or in any danger even up here. Except if finding an advanced dungeon. Once we did. And stupid as I was I charged in while he had to rest to regain his energy. That time, I was closer to death then ever before. I remember the panic when I realised that one more blow and I would be dead. I would disapear from this world as well as the other, where I had my family.

Edited by Zandra

But still, the other players that are trapped in this virtual world that a certain man calls a game, they had become like family to her. They have been thru more danger and heartbreaking events then any of her relatives on the real world. The loss of two dear friends striked my heart and almost made me a player killer myself. It was only thanks to the presence of other players and the danger of the boss that I didnt charged her myself. Otherwise, I would have been a green player killer. Someone hated by everyone. Since Teayre actually wasnt a bad person in real. Well, thats what the others had told me at least.

Edited by Zandra

I know I should put all this behind me and start looking forward. But it was hard. As I think of those two girls, the corner of my eye gets wet and a single tear starts to roll down my cheek. Manta Gaul, a red haired raiperess, together they defeated cerberus, the three headed dog and amost the banshee as well. They would have, unless they started thinking about other stuff and instead Manta turned a demonic weapon richer and I got a hundred materials as well as some cash for it. Since I didnt had any use of it because I was a pure damage dealing player that didnt used any kind of status effect. Except for the healing thou. But that has no effect on the enemy.

Edited by Zandra

Then the other girl. Back then, she was one of two others then myself that was working for the support role. Ebony, or by me called just Eb. Together, they had been on the quest to kill a pair of minoutaurs. But since both was dedicated healers the fight took longer then if someone had been dps.

My eyes went up when I saw one of the trees by some reason had respawned. A new smile on face and I went up to it with my large axe and got to work. Once agqin a few mminutes past before it decidednto fall and reward myself with some more worthy wood. This was rely getting better them I first thougth. Just to be sure, I checked out my inventory to check it was there.

ID: 70589

LD: 18+6=24 +1 noble wood.

Total: 4 noble wood

Edited by Zandra

With a confident smile on my lips, I closed my inventory screen. Since we needed as much materials as possible, I better get my ass moving to get more wood for our mighty bqttleship. As far as I know, we gonna have the biggest, most awesome ship of all. Since thru my personal intel source, Ive herd that we are the only group that have worked this hard to get the requeested items. They already had all required items that they had to turn in. But since there wasnt any highest limit, we had decided to get as much as we could possibly can. Since if we are the only group that is gonna fight the beast, then we need to have a rely powerful ship. Well, we cqnt die to drown in tye water right? That would just be weird rigth? Probably it was only a test from the system to see how it would go with this kind of challenge.

Edited by Zandra

But what of it wasnt just a test. what if this was bloody serious business? I suddenly felt that I got to swallow a clump that have grewn in my mouth. Did Im starting to fell fear? Was I on way to chqnge my mind to turn tail and flee with my tail between my legs? No, I cant do that. Im the captain. Im Zandra, the Berserk healer. One of the strongest players in Aincrad. Only outmatched by three mens. And also the laughin coffin member that I once thougth was my friend. My friend for real. But there I was seriously wrong. The other woman made it clear to her at the second last boss meeting. The boss meeting when so much happened. She rely knows how to make a scene.

Edited by Zandra

I took a look around to see if any of the other trees have respawned yet. But it seemed that wasnt tje case. So guess the only option is to wait. Well, I could continue chopping down other trees. But there wqs no one nearby. The trees I destroyed had a health bar around it. That was also whqt cought my attention at the start. Usually they just have a message saying immortal object. To have a healthbar must men possible to destroy in some way. And it turned out I was rigth. Not only was they destryable, they also rewarded her with the wood she needed. Four of them was like, okay. But I wants to bring more. We shall habe the biggest and strongest ship of them all.

Edited by Zandra

And as I mentioned earlier, to make the ship strong amd powerful, wood was one of the two materials needed. Thou there was three different qualitys of wood. Normal, Rare and Nobel. Since noble seemed to ne the best quality, me and my crew had decided to go for only that. And we wanted to get as much as we could. From our gathering day, we gathered a total of a dozen noble woods. Itzal had said he was going to get some wood on their own, together woth Kasier. I had agreed and we worked hard to get the required minimum and more to make the ship strong. So I raised my axe again and let it fall down on a respawned tree for a few minutes until it shattered to pieces and left a single piece of npble wood.

ID: 70615

LD: 13+6=19 +1 noble wood 

Total:  5 noble wood 

Edited by Zandra

One of the small partys tjeories have been that tje more wood they gathered, the more mitogation the ship would have. At the same time, they also needed animal fat. It was still a mystery to me what they would use the fat for. Their theory about the fat was that the ship could whitstand more hits, in other words increase it HP. Another tree respawned and I walked up to it. My large violet axe cleved the air and the tree several time, until it finally sjattered into pieces and rewarded me with a piece of noble wood.

ID: 70616

LD: 16+6=22 +1 noble wood 

Total 6 noble wood 

Edited by Zandra

I looked around, seeing if there was any chance that one of the other trees had respawned, making me get more wood for the ship. But there seemed to be not even a single tree in sight. Well, there was a lot of trees, but none that was gonna give her a piece of noble wood that is the whole point why Im here. But not many seconds later, one of the trees did respawned. It did that right infront of me and I had to take a step back to not be knocked down from its sudden appearance. A smile on my face as I started to lift and lower my two handed axe. Again and again and again. After just a few minutes, the durability bar was empty and the tree exploded into blue and white crystals, just as mobs and players, and rewarded me with my seventh piece of noble wood.

ID: 70618

LD: 16+6=22 +1 noble wood 

Total 7 noble wood 

Edited by Zandra

I streatched my arms high in the air again. Hearing my spine crack as it jumped into place. It was a really hard work this. That Itzal had succeded gaining so much during their grinding together. It was pretty cool. Then what if he had focusd on that, to only gather wood instead of spending all that time o killing wolfes. I had thougth that we decided that. That he, that has both great searching skills but also the gatherer mod, allowing him to find twice as much wood, would be his task during the whole grind. But suddenly, he had went to kill some wolfes. Because, I was well capable of handle all the fat myself. But well, maybe he didt wanted us to survive the sailing. When saying that, I saw that a piece of the tree thata was shattered from my last chop, was nible that I had missed completely. I picked it up, another piece.

ID: 70768

LD: 11+6=17 +1 noble wood

Total: 8 noble wood

Edited by Zandra

I couldn’t stop myself by now. So I opened up my inventory. Then I entered the quest item storage. There it was filled with fat from that day. I scrolled down to the materials Ive gained from todays lumbejacking. As I counted them, it was almost ten of them. Just two more and I would have gotten ten noble wood. That wold be awesome. This gave me new energy. I looked around until I spotted a tree that wasn’t chopped down. I walked up to it and started attacking it with my axe. Again and again and again. The durability bar went lower and lower until… it exploded into several small wood pieces. A smile on my lips as I started to search thru the splitter. I found several normal wood. But they wouldn’t be to any use for us. So I kept looking. And there, I saw a noble wood piece, picked it and placed in inventory.

ID: 71175
LD: 17 +1 noble wood

Total: 9 noble wood

Edited by Zandra

There, now I only needed one more to reach two digits aamounts. This was so exiting. I started to search for another tree more intence. I had to find a tenth piece. Please, if there is a god, that I don’t believe in, please give me one more perfect wood. And guess what, it worked. I walked up to another respawned tree. Looked at it and touched it with my right hand. ‘’Does you gonna give noble wood,plese do.’’ I said before working on it with my axe. Again and again. I didn’t knew how may times Ive swung my axe today. But it didn’t really matter actually. Since Ive been rewarded with nine noble wood thus far, and soon it would be one more… hopefully. As the durability bar turned empty, the tree shattered and I started to search thru the debris. With a smile from ear to ear I picked up my tenth noble wood piece for today.

ID: 71176
LD: 20 +1 noble wood

Total: 10 noble wood

Edited by Zandra