[PP:F15] Dark Farm (Teayre, Calrex, Domarus, & Evander)

Teayre had found herself once again on the fifteenth floor. The dark gloom of the forest hid her face. She had just come away from her training session with the Azure Chevalier. Gritting her teeth she drew the curved blade for a moment spinning it around her hand catching it before returning the weapon to her sheathe. Her hand taking a potion out from her inventory the girl downs it shivering as the warmth spreads to the tips of her fingers. She examines a pastry as well before eating that her vision becoming much sharper and clearer. “I know what you said Calrex, but I just can’t.” She dismissed the notion from her mind of using a safeguard potion. Opening her menu Teayre quickly selects her husband’s name.

Cal, I’m sorry I can’t find a safeguard. I’ve gone to the fifteenth floor to get the rest of the materials for all of us. For our boat.

Teayre

Hitting send the red head breathes a sigh of relief, kneeling down she rummages around in the bushes and finds some noble wood. Smiling she adds it to her inventory and leans against a tree, sending a party invite to her husband just before his reply appeared on her screen.

ID: 70620 LD: 28 (19 + 9 LD) – Noble Wood Found

Spoiler

Wood:

Normal: ? Bundle

Rare: ? Bundles

Noble: 1 Bundle

Animal Fat:

Normal: 1 Bundle

Premium: ? Bundles

Teayre’s Thread Stats

Spoiler

Tier 2 Damage potion consumed +6 DMG

Equipped
Finder’s Keepers Equipped. (+1 Search & Detect, + 1 Loot Dice)
Searcher’s Eye Equipped. (+ 2 Loot Dice)
Ketsueki Kanashiki Equipped. (+6 DMG)

Battle Ready:
Banner of Command (+1 Damage to Four members of Party, 3 of 3 charges).
Hidden Stone (+3 EVA)
Finding Stone (+3 ACC)

"Guess we really do need to get on obtaining the rest of the materials."

Upon receiving Teayre's message the bluenette made his way over to the teleportation plaza, immediately transporting himself to the fifteenth floor. Making his way out of the settlement he began to equip the various items that would be required for the task. This time around they weren't going to be encountering any dungeons...at least to start off. Should that come to pass he could always equip the Aegis Armament to function as the tank for the pair.

In the meantime the Grand Blade II was replaced by the Grand Gauntlets II, soon being followed by the Amethyst Charm and Tide Pendant. The Grand Dragoon was already equipped on his person. As the changes continued he selected the array of skill mods to make use of, opting for a slightly different array from usual.

Confirming the location the Ultramarine Knight speedily made his way over to the redhead's location, and upon having her come into view he gave a friendly smile and wave, "Sorry for the delay. More item gathering for this event right?"

ID: 70621
Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 23 (Noble Wood Found)

Looking down at his feet the bluenette picked up what looked to be another piece of noble-class wood, adding it to his inventory, "Well, off to a decent start at least."

Spoiler

Wood:

Normal: ? Bundle

Noble: 2 Bundle

Animal Fat:

Turning her head Teayre spotted her husband walking towards her, the girl grinned at him. “Cal.” She said before bounding over to him and returning his wave with a tightly wrapped hug around the waist. “Hey.” She mutters quietly to him before letting go and turning around. “You’re right, mostly material gathering, bit of monster killing and perhaps a dungeon?” The crimson haired girl asks glancing over her shoulder. It’d been quite some time since she had been this relaxed and Teayre wanted things to go smoothly. Especially after the conflict that the two of them had last time. She swallowed as her mind went back to the sixth floor. Shaking her head the girl rummages around in some more bushes this time finding a bundle of rare wood. “What do you think? Get the animal fat from the mobs in the dungeon? I should be able to find us one easily enough.” Brushing her hair behind her ear the girl gave a weak smile to her partner.

ID: 70632 LD: 13 (4 + 9 LD)  Rare Wood found.

Spoiler

Wood:

(LD 9+) Normal: ? Bundle

(LD 13+) Rare: 1 Bundles

(LD 17+) Noble: 2 Bundle

Animal Fat:

Edited by Teayre

ID: 70633
Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 22 (Noble Wood Found)

With the embrace Calrex gave a warm smile as he returned it, "Sounds like a plan to me. It's been a while since we did one together, so it'll be fun."

"Well...I guess fun because as we are we haven't yet encountered something that would return that sense of fear and dread like when we were lower level. We're both high level, but that doesn't mean we should lose our sense of caution. It only takes one or two mistakes to find yourself in the red zone or lower."

Following behind as Teayre found another bundle of wood he gave a nod, gently brushing the back of her head as he looked past, seeing yet another piece of noble-class wood, "Like I said I'm all for it. This floor should pose anything that we haven't handled before, and we both have equipment that should allow us to be up to the task."

Picking up the piece he stood upright once again, giving a small stretch with his arms before returning them back down at his sides, looking around the area,"Seem like this area has a good bunch of wood so far, although I think we've still got some ways to go before we'll have enogh for a decent ship."

Spoiler

Wood:

(LD 17+) Noble: 3 Bundle

Animal Fat:

She looked at her husband nodding. “Hopefully.” The red head says. Eyes narrowing Teayre leans slightly considering the foliage past her husband. The reveal skill and her night vision highlighting the area in front of her. “Where are you?” She mutters to herself. “Calrex. I think we’re being followed.” The red head quickly changed out her searching equipment for her combat attire. “I’ll see what it is in a moment, you keep looking for wood. You’ve always been the better gatherer.”

Flashing a smile a her husband Teayre draws her blade and begins to walk towards the leaves her eyes scanning from side to side, the leaves offering no protection from her reveal skill. Squinting she thought she could see paw prints in the dirt. A low growl rumbled from the otherside of the path. Teayre turned her eyes glazing over the dense underbrush there and unable to see anything she rests on one leg. Her lips pulled tight. “Something’s following us.”

ID: 70635 LD: 7 (2 + 5 LD)  - Mob not Found

Spoiler

Wood:

Animal Fat:

Edited by Teayre

ID: 70636
Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 10 (Normal Wood Found)

"Alright, but if it's something of real threat be sure to yell. I don't think there's anything in the field zones here we need to worry about, but that doesn't mean that the game system can pull a fast one on us."

Looking down across the ground again Calrex searched around. Unfortunately, this time around all he found was a piece of normal-class wood, "Better gatherer huh? Heh, I think that's a matter of opinion there."

Adding the item to his inventory he stood up again, stretching his arms before scanning around, "It might be this patch might have stopped spawning noble wood, so we might need to move to another spot if we're going to find anything more."

"Hey Roc, go ahead and see if you can get a bearing on anything else possibly nearby."

His familiar materialized in a flash of light, flying through the trees at his partner's command, darting left and right through the branches.

Spoiler

Wood:

(LD 9+) Normal: 1 Bundle

Animal Fat:

The low guttural growl came from the other side of the path yet again, this time a large black cat bounded out towards Calrex. Its paws swinging towards him.  The red head smirked as the beasts claws didn’t even scratch her husband’s armour. Without hesitating the girl shot forwards her charge skill activating. As she was midstride three more panthers had leapt towards her husband Teayre rocked onto the balls of her feet changing her stance as she began to activated her aoe sword art. Butterfly Illusion. The blade rippled and cut through each of the mobs before the red head came to halt. The four creatures burst into pixels as she stood smiling. Adding the Normal animal fat into their inventory she hugs her husband. “It could have been worse I guess.” Shrugging she sheathes the blade taking the man’s hand as they continue onwards into the darkness of the night.

ID: 70637 BD: 6 (2 + 4 ACC) CD: 6 LD: 3 MD: 1

Butterfly Illusion Used (16 Energy) – 25*8 = 200

Teayre: 1085/1085 EN: 90/106
Calrex: ???/??? EN: ???/???

4 x Panthers: 0/60 200 DMG

4 Normal Animal Fat Looted

Spoiler

Wood:

(LD 9+) Normal: 1(3) Bundles

(LD 13+) Rare: 1(2) Bundles

(LD 17+) Noble: 3 (8) Bundles

Animal Fat:

Normal: 4(5) Bundles

Number in Brackets Represents how many in total including the other thread

Edited by Teayre

ID: 70640
Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 21 (Noble Wood Found)

Teayre's suspicions were definitely confirmed as the four panthers leapt at him, but just as quickly they were dispatched as the redhead quickly cut through them with her one-handed curved blade Sword Art. Just before he was brought back to his feet Calrex looked down, spying another piece of noble wood, picking it up before his wife took him by the hand to continue onwards.

"Yeah, appears so, heh. At the least it seems we're making some good headway towards the required amount we'll need for the ship. Hm...any ideas as to where we can check next?"

"She did mention a dungeon, and going by the amount of time we've been out in the field zone that should mean there's a chance we can discover one, at least going from past experience looking for those things."

Spoiler

Wood:

(LD 17+) Noble: 4 (9) Bundles

Animal Fat:

Normal: 4(5) Bundles

The girl couldn’t help but laugh at the nonchalance of her husband. Just casually bending down and picking up some more noble wood. She raised an eyebrow as more movement could be heard from behind. “Seriously. What is it now?” The girl muttered before turning around letting her charge skill take her forwards avoiding the dripping fangs from the spiders that lunged at her. The blade of her sword sang as she cut into the spiders easily finishing them off and pocketing some more of the animal fat. She sheathes the blade for a second time and starts to walk back towards her husband. “Hopefully they’ll leave us alone for a bit.” The girl mutters. “Cal.” She paused for a moment, “I’ve been meaning to ask. What are your thoughts on Hirru?” Stopping a few steps away from the bluenette Teayre looks him in the eyes. Her legs shaking as she clenched her fists.

ID: 70641 BD: 8 (4 + 4 ACC) CD: 5 LD: 1 MD: 4 (7 – 3 EVA)

Butterfly Illusion Used (16 Energy) – 25*8 = 200

Teayre: 1085/1085 EN: 90/106

4 x Spiders: 0/60 200 DMG
4 x Normal Animal Fat

Spoiler

Wood:

Animal Fat:

Normal: 8(9) Bundles

Edited by Teayre

ID: 70642
Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 10 (Normal Wood Found)

With more monsters dispatched Calrex gave a nod as he looked around the immediate area. Unfortunately, this time around the only thing he managed to find was a piece of normal wood, feeling a bead of sweat form on the side of his head, "Talk about nearly all or nothing."

Adding the piece to his inventory the bluenette got to his feet once again, looking over at Teayre before responding, "Hirru? Hm...well I can't really say. The most I've ever interacted with him was one time with Mack when Sword Arts were first discovered. I have fought alongside him in many battles, and so far he seems to have a fairly level head on his shoulders when it comes to understanding the field of battle. Outside of that unfortunately I really can't say, as I haven't spoken with him much outside of that."

Looking over he gave a nod and a calm smile, "Why do you ask? Did something happen?"

Spoiler

Wood:

(LD 9+) Normal: 2(4) Bundles

Animal Fat:

Normal: 8(9) Bundles

“N-nothing…” She kicked the ground slightly, before turning her head to Calrex. “After Malethis, the way he was commanding the groups. It showed potential. He wasn’t stupid. He worked things through. He was there on time and… I’ve given him a jade badge.” Teayre let her voice fall silent as she took a step back. “Sorry… I know we’re supposed to consult each other on this. I’m not sure if he realises what it means or not though.” She took a few steps alongside her husband before stopping and glaring over her should at several more panthers that bounded out to greet them. “For crying out loud!” The red head cried out. “We’re trying to have a conversation.” Without waiting for Calrex to move Teayre dashed forwards her blade a blur yet again as she cut more of the creatures down. More animal fat appeared in front of her and the red head dismissed it again

ID: 70643 BD: 12 (8 + 4 ACC) CD:  8 LD: 16 (11 + 5 LD) MD: 2 (5 – 3 EVA)

Butterfly Illusion Used (16 Energy) – 25*8 = 225

Teayre: 1085/1085 EN: 60/106

4 x Pathers: 0/60 225 DMG
4 x Normal Animal Fat

Spoiler

Wood:

Animal Fat:

Normal: 12(13) Bundles

Edited by Teayre

ID: 70651
Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 17 (Noble Wood Found)

As Teayre spoke about her actions with Hirru the bluenette remained attentive, and curious at the same time. Of course, they had originally expressed with their fellow Spectrum Coalition members to agree on any potential recruits before handing them a badge of representation. Of course, even before they became official it was something that he, Teayre, and Oikawa had bore to show their allegiance. "Well, while it would be a good choice, the only issue would be that he's currently a member of the Knights of the Blood Oath. I don't know if attempting to recruit one of their members would send the best message..."

Unfortunately their conversation was interrupted once again by incoming monsters. With a small laugh and a sigh he gave a nod, "I think at this point as long as we're out we we might as well expect to be interrupted at the worst of times in conversation, right?"

With the panthers dispatched he checked the ground surrounding him once again, finding another piece of noble-class wood, adding it to his inventory, "Well, at least there's a good collection of materials around here so far."

Spoiler

Wood:

(LD 17+) Noble: 5 (10) Bundles

Animal Fat:

Teayre looked around the bushes again, her breathing slow as she carefully watched the undergrowth for signs of any more mobs. Satisfied the red head swapped out her combat gear for her searching gear. “I know, but they should at least wait to die. I mean come on Cal!” Rolling her eyes at her husband, the red head raises her hand to Searcher’s Eye adjusting it slightly she lets it go. “I’ll look for that dungeon in a second.”

“About Hirru Calrex.” She paused for a moment looking at the bluenette dead in the eye. “I wanted to ask you all, I really did but it was something I had to do. Whether anyone else agrees. The way Macradon treated him at the boss raid. It made my blood boil.” Turning left Teayre ducks into a darker part of the undergrowth. “That apart. Let’s get a move on. I’m planning on getting a familiar soon enough. Not sure what yet though, I’ll see what colour I decide to go.” A small giggle escaped the red head’s lips.

Spoiler

Wood:

Animal Fat:

Edited by Teayre

Calrex gave a laugh at Teayre's response to his statement. It certainly seemed like the unprecedented interruptions by the monsters was something neither of them had taken any liking to. "Sure thing, I'll keep an eye out in the meantime for any materials. At least the noble woods seem to stick out like sore thumbs against the other trees in this area."

ID: 70704
Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 7 (No Wood Found)

Unfortunately, it seemed that there was no wood of any decent quality in their immediate area. Giving a small sigh the bluenette stretched his arms behind him before looking back over, following the redhead along through the undergrowth, "I won't deny that Hirru would be a good addition to the coalition, but we do need to play our cards carefully. The one thing we want to avoid is gaining the same ire as the Azure Brigade once did in their later years. We are after working with the other high-level guilds to clear the frontlines, and any inter-guild rivalries would cause problems with that."

"Any ideas on what type of familiar you were aiming for?"

“What familiar?” Teayre mused quietly running her hand over the Ketsueki Kanashiki, “I’m honestly not sure Cal, I was going to see what I would get.” Looking up at the canopy the red head sighed for a moment, “If I can I’d probably like to get something like a raven maybe?” Shrugging Teayre made her way over to one of the nearby trees she began to rummage around the bottom of it find a small bundle of normal wood. Huffing the girl stands up.

“I really wonder what I’m going to do.”

Her eyes went wide as she pondered before the crunching sound of feet sounded behind her. Jumping out of her skin the girl whips around, a large sigh of relief as Calrex appears behind her. “Seriously, everytime Calnus.” Glowering at her husband she gently pushes against his chest before wrapping her arms around him. “I’m sorry I’ve been so out of it again.”

ID: 70707 LD: 11 (2 + 9 LD) – Normal Wood Found

Spoiler

Wood:

(LD 9+) Normal: 3(5) Bundles

Animal Fat:

Edited by Teayre

ID: 70714
Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 21 (Noble Wood Found)

Giving at laugh at Teayre's startled self Calrex returned the embrace with a smile, "Was I really that quiet. I'd think with all the armor and gear I'm wearing, plus lacking the Sneak skill I thought I'd be alerting creatures and players to where I am halfway across the floor, heh."

Looking down behind the redhead hd gave a smile as he brushed the back of her head, gently breaking the hug for a second to pick up another piece of noble wood, adding it to his inventory before wrapping his arms around her again, "In any case whenever you plan to go after it let me know and I'd be happy to lend a hand, although if that quest is anything like it was in the past, finding one will be particularly difficult. As for being out of it, we all get that way sometimes. The frontlines isn't exactly very glamorous anymore once you finally have participated a few times, right?"

Spoiler

Wood:

(LD 9+) Normal: 3(5) Bundles

(LD 17+) Noble: 6 (11) Bundles

Animal Fat:

• 2 weeks later...

“Not really… I’ve got to say the only time I’ve truly felt like I’ve enjoyed the front lines was when…” Her eyes cast down as she looked to one side. “Sorry…” As her husband’s arms wrapped around her Teayre pressed her forehead against the steel clad chest of Calrex. “I am trying to change, I swear… The thrill of fighting though, my life being on the line…” She stopped talking, “Does he really want to hear this?” Pushing away just enough to let her gaze up into her husband’s eyes. She batted them a few times. “It just gets to me sometimes, its been that way since Beleram… No before that…”

Stepping back, this time breaking the embrace between her and Calrex. Teayre sighs. “It’s been since I lost Liss hasn’t it? Perhaps just perhaps… Her raven hair…” Her voice was quiet, withdrawn. Looking down at her hands the red head turns them over. “I’m no longer that crimson maiden am I Cal?” She asks her husband her voice catching in her throat. Without waiting for a reply Teayre begins to walk forwards disappearing into the brush. Kneeling down she rummages  underneath one of the bushes pulling out a pile of rare wood. Standing she walks back to Calrex, “Cal… I’ve been thinking. I might give up on the frontlines… Drop out support the lower players for a while. Help them with what needs helping. I’ve recently helped Domarus and Evander out gathering a load of materials for this event to… Would you mind if they came along? Even if it’s just to help us get the required bits? Not necessarily joining us as permanent members though…”

Spoiler

ID: 71433 LD: 14 (5 + 9LD)

Wood:

(LD 9+) Normal: 3(8) Bundles

(LD 13+) Rare: 2(3) Bundles

Animal Fat:

Normal: 12(44) Bundles

Edited by Teayre

ID: 71441
Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 7 (No Wood Found)

Calrex kept calm and quiet as he listened to the redhead speak, going in and out of the brush as she also expressed the thought of retiring from the frontlines. It wasn't exactly a new concept, in fact Jomei had done so in the past, and it was only after the bluenette himself had spoken to him had he decided to return of his own will, "Well, that was because of his own concern of lives being lost in two floor raids one after another. He hasn't exactly returned yet, but I'm sure Zandra is already speaking to him about it.

"That sounds perfectly fine to me. With all of the unnecessary politics that happens in the planning and raid themselves, I've thought a couple of times of stepping away from that madness. Helping other players survive and grow stronger is an equally good idea. As for Domarus and Evander, I actually don't really know either of them very well, but if you think they're alright then I'm alright with having them come along."

Spoiler

Wood:

Animal Fat:

Domarus had received a message from Teayre requesting that he came and searched materials with her and Calrex, so that they could gather the last of them as well as meet one of the front liners.  Domarus knew this was a very good chance to make an impression and thus accepted the offer.  He made his way over to the fifteenth floor and observed it.  A huge forest with it's branches and vines blocking out the sunlight as well as a thick fog on the ground.  Domarus switched his equipment from the dragon bone armor, for when with new players mainly, and equipped his Hopebreaker set, the black intimidating armor materializing around him.  The moment it emerged it began to pulse a dark red glow as always.  Domarus unequipped his helmet and kept his two handed battle ax, also black with a dark red glow, hanging on his back.  His spiked gauntlets he also kept equipped as he didn't know what monsters were lurking.  He looked to Rhozarth, the red dragon with a black iron, skeleton like armor who was consistently ablaze, and it nodded.  Domarus made his way through the forest, the armor and Rhozarth providing plenty of light for him to make his way through without any worry.  Soon enough he spotted the red headed player as well as a blue haired player.  As he made his way over he nodded with a smile to Teayre.

"Teayre, thanks again for allowing Evander and I to join your group."  He then turned to the blue haired player.  

"I believe I saw you before at the lake but we never did meet.  You were fighting the giant fish were you not?  My name is Domarus, and this is Rhozarth."  He held his hand out to shake the man's hand and Rhozarth studied the man's eyes before bowing it's head.  This meant the player was strong both in level, skill and strength, but also in spirit and resolve.  Of course Domarus knew there was no chance of adding him to his list of followers.

ID#  71535  LD:  4

@Calrex

Edited by Domarus

The red hair girl nodded at her husband. “Well-” She stopped as a greeting came from her left. She nodded. “Domarus.” Her eyes flared as she looked at the boy, turning Teayre nodded at Calrex. “I’ll be back later, if I find anything I’ll put it in our inventory. With that the crimson maiden walked away.  Her blade sheathed as her cloak swayed around her ankles. The pumping of her heart could be heard in her ears, her breathing was quick and shallow. After several minutes of walking the red head stopped. She glanced back before sinking against a tree letting out a long sigh. She drew her blade her eyes staring intently at the metal. Letting out a scream she sliced the tree in front of her cutting it down, her menu pinged saying she had found some noble wood. Adding it to her inventory the red head sheathes her blade. Clenching and unclenching her fists, “Close… So Close…” She mutters quietly to herself.

ID: 71620 LD: 22 (13 + 9 LD) Noble Wood Found

Wood

(LD 17+) Noble: 7(12) Bundles

Animal Fat:

Edited by Teayre