[SP-F1-NK] The Second Coming of the Sunny Go <<Rovian Wars Event Part 1 - Gathering>>

Bhairyuu had handed over some of his potions to Khrys and then after bidding him adieu, he had gone further into the lush forest on the bank of the lake they were at several moments ago with that <<Lady of the Lake>> NPC. After searching for about an hour, he found a cluster of trees that seemed promising to him in terms of probabilty of wood yield and so he decided to take a break and sat down on one of the fallen logs covered with moss, wondering

"Hmm, now how should I go about gathering all that wood? Should I go fancy and pretend I am Zoro? Or should I go the bland, uninspired route and simply chop them down without any theatrics involved?...Hmm...decisions...decisions..."

He thus became lost in this reverie for several minutes as he considered all the possible options available to him in order to do his end of the task more efficiently.

Edited by Bhairyuu
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After several minutes had elapsed, Bhairyuu finally finished laying out a plan of action that he felt was efficient enough to get him the wood without him have to take any great pains to obtain it. So, he got up, dusted the moss off the seat of his trousers and then headed toward the first tree of the cluster he had found earlier. Once there, he ran his hand across it, trying to gauge how difficult it would be to cut through it. Thankfully this particular tree was still rather young compared to the rest of its cluster and yet held the promise of yielding wood of a decent quality. So he pulled up his inventory menu and clicked on the picture of his hand-axe, causing it to materialize in his right hand. After that, he put a few feet between him and the tree and then slammed the axe into the tree trunk with a powerful swing, cutting halfway through it to the center. Then he went to the other side and repeated the same procedure, causing the trunk to go into a fall. While it was still in mid-air, Bhairyuu hacked at it several more times, causing it to be cut into several smaller sections which fell into a pile on the ground next to him. Bhairyuu laid his axe on the ground and then tapped the pile of wood, causing a translucent window to pop up and he eagerly waited to see the results, wondering

"Hmm, I hope I get some <<Normal>> quality wood from this at least...it would be a pain to have to do this too many times.."

Spoiler

ID# 70654 results:

Battle: 8 II Craft: 7 II Loot: 5 [3 (Natural Roll) + 2 (Trinket)] II MOB: 2

Interpretation: Gathering Failure! Wood was underdeveloped!

Bhairyuu took one look at the results of his gathering and let out a soft groan of exasperation as he noted the undeveloped nature of the wood pieces

"Ugh..come on...Lady Luck...why do you seek to thwart me thus? And I was hoping for atleast decent wood...Ah well...onto the next tree, I guess..."

With that, he trudged over to the next tree and after taking a few minutes to rest from his previous attempt, he took up his position again, hoping this next one would do the trick.

Edited by Bhairyuu

Bhairyuu let out a woebegone sigh and muttered as he faced the next tree which was slightly thicker than older-looking than the one he had just cut down

"Hopefully this one will give me some wood...at this point, I don't really care about high quality...please, let it be suitable..."

With that he swung his axe at the trunk fo the tree in a series of powerful swings, cutting it down into smaller sections which he let fall to the ground beside the previous wood pile and knelt down, tapping on the new wood pile to see if he got some better wood this time around

Spoiler

ID# 70655 results:

Battle: 2 II Craft: 5 II Loot: 15 [13 (Natural Roll) +2 (Trinket)] II MOB: 3

Interpretation: Gathering Success! 1<<Rare>> Wood Bundle found!

To his great surprise, the results of his gathering came out showing that the wood he had gathered this time was not only suitable, but of a higher quality that the usual, causing Bhairyuu a fair degree of elation as he muttered

"Yes...now this is what I am talking about...Hopefully the rest of my attempts will be this successful...Come on, Lady Luck, dont fail me now..."

With that, he put the pile of good quality wood he got this time into his inventory under the quest items and then went over to the next tree.

[OOC: 1x <<Rare>> Wood Bundle]

Edited by Bhairyuu

Bhairyuu moved on to the next tree in the cluster and stood before it, running his hand on the trunk and even on the branches, wondering aloud

"Hmm, this promises to be a good source of wood as well...and what's this...it feels like pine..."

He muttered thus as he took note of the pine needles and the characteristic seeds this three had growing from it before retreating a few steps to give himself enough room for his next strike. He then began to hum his most favorite theme song from one of his favorite anime "One Piece" as it was appropriate for the occasion since the concept ship he had designed was going to be based off it's namesake from the anime as he swung the axe at the branches first, cleaving them in one strike and causing them to fall to the ground. Then he slammed the axe against the trunk a few times on the right, and then a few times on the left, causing it to fall to the ground. After that, he hacked it into several smaller sections which also fell to the ground in a loose pile. At that point, he paused and got down on one knee and tapped the wood pile gently and waited for the usual popup screen to come, hoping that he got a hit this time too

Spoiler

ID# 70659 results:

Battle: 9 II Craft: 5 II Loot: 5 [3 (Natural Roll) + 2 (Trinket)]  II MOB: 8

Interpretation: Gathering Failure! Wood was infested with termites!

To his great chagrin, he was awarded with termite infested wood despite the tree having looking like a promising candidate, causing him to sigh

"Aw man...struck out again...I guess I have a long way to go in judging a tree's worth in the way of wood yield...Ah well...on to the next one..."

Thus, with his head hung low and a dejected expression on his face, Bhairyuu moved to the next tre in the cluster, this one being a pine tree as well and silently prayed that he would be blessed with better luck this time as he brought his axe into position once more.

[OOC: 1x <<Rare Wood>>, 0 added]

Edited by Bhairyuu

With the next tree, Bhairyuu was much more careful and thorough in examining the tree beforehand from root to branch and was thus confident that his pick would yield him decent quality wood which was not infested with termites or anything else for that matter. So without any further ado, he set about heaving his axe at the branches and trunk of the tree and thanked his lucky stars when it fell to his blow easily and formed another loose pile on the ground. He got down on one knee, examined the wood again to be doubly sure of his hunch, and then tapped the wood pile while uttering a silent prayer like before. After that, he began the few seconds wait for the pop-up screen to show with his eyes closed

Spoiler

ID# 70660 results:

Battle: 10 II Craft: 9 II Loot: 13 [11 (Normal Roll) +2 (Trinket)] II MOB: 8

Interpretation: Gathering Success! 1 <<Rare>> Wood Bundle found!

It was not till the alert sounded to indicate the presence of the pop-up window that he dared to open his eyes. As he then gazed at the result of his hard work, his thin lips parted and curve upward into a smile and he sighed in relief

"Holy Heisenberg, now that...was nerve-wracking indeed...I was so worried I would get bad wood again...but I guess my luck hasn't run out quite yet...let's keep it going then..."

With that, he came to the last tree in the current cluster and positioned himself so he could swing his axe at the tree and not end up hurting himself in the process. Like before he offered a silent prayer, hoping he would get lucky this time too.

[OOC: 1x <<Rare Wood>> + 1x <<Rare Wood>> added (CURRENT)]

Edited by Bhairyuu

This last tree had Bhairyuu practically sweating bullets because he was so afraid of ending up with bad wood again like he did a few attempts back, but he somehow managed to calm himself down to normal and then went on to examine the tree as he did with the previous one looking for any signs of termite infestation or anything else that might make the wood unsuitable like rot or fungus. He spent several minutes doing this and at the end, he breathed a sigh of satisfaction

"Well, this one looks okay, now let's see..."

With that, he began the same process of hacking the tree to small more manageable sections, arranged them in a loose pile and then tapped on it. He was pretty optimistic about this one as well, but little did he know that fate had other plans for him with this tree

Spoiler

ID# 70663 results:

Battle: 6 II Craft: 9 II Loot: 4 [2(Natural Roll) +2 (Trinket)] II MOB: 5

Interpretation: Gathering Failure! Wood was rotten to the core!

When the results window came up, he eagerly read through it, but by the end that expectant smile he had on his lips fell slightly, and he muttered in with a crestfallen expression on his face

"Damn...not again...oh wait...I didn't think to account for the tree having become rotten inside...I will keep that in mind for the next one, I guess..."

Consoling himself thus, he moved deeper into the forest in search of another cluster and luckily enough for him, there were several clusters situated not too far from each other, but he did not let himself get pulled in to another false hope. Instead he carefully examined the trees for any common diseases he could think of and then got into position for chopping them down, beginning with the first one.

[OOC: 2x <<Rare Wood>> + 0 added]

Edited by Bhairyuu

After he had checked the trees to try to see if he could determine what sort of wood they would give, he had begun to work away at the first of the trees in the new cluster, first hacking at the branches, and after they had fallen, he cleaved the tree trunk into several smaller pieces of lumber. He arranged these pieces of lumber in a loose pile at his feet and then sat down, gently touching the pile and then waiting for the pop-up menu to show up with the results of his efforts

Spoiler

ID# 70675 results:

Battle: 7 II Craft: 8 II Loot: 7 [5 (Natural Roll) + 2 (Trinket)] II MOB: 6

Interpretation: Gathering Failure! Wood was rotten!

Alas, to his dismay, he found that luck had deserted him yet again as she had before, but he did not become depressed like before. Instead, he simply pushed away the useless wood pile which was full of rot on the inside and went over to the next tree. Sadly, his previous series of exertions had tired him out, so he was forced to sit down to rest on one of the large, relatively flat rocks lying nearby. While he sat, he took out a loaf of bread and a bottle of waterfrom his inventory menu and proceeded to have a quick meal while considering his options for the road ahead.

[OOC: 2x <<Rare Wood>> + 0 added]

Edited by Bhairyuu

After finishing his meager rations of bread and water and considering all that he had gleaned from his experiences with gathering wood from the trees in the forest around him, Bhairyuu stood up, stretched to iron out any kinks in his joints, and materialzed his axe from his inventory menu while heading over to the next tree that he had decided was his target. As he did before, he spent a few minutes examining the tree for any termites, rot, or any other agent that could possibly make it unusable, but since he didnt find anything in particular, he went on to chop it to pieces wth some effort and after the wood fell to the ground, he tapped on the pile to pull up the gathering results window with a relatively calm frame of mind

Spoiler

ID# 70678 results:

Battle: 1 II Craft: 11 II Loot: 17 [15 (Natural Roll) +2 (Trinket)] II MOB: 3

Interpretation: Gathering Success! 1 <<Noble Wood>> bundle found!

This time, since he was more thorough, he was able to acquire a high quality boundle of wood as per the results shown in the screen hovering over the wood pile, so he smiled and tapped it once more to confirm the receipt, causing the wood bundle to register in his inventory menu under the same quest items section. After that, he started working on the tree right next to it, examining every inch before taking the trouble of cutting it down.

[OOC: 2x <<Rare Wood>> + 1x <<Noble Wood>> added]

Edited by Bhairyuu

Once he finished examining the tree, Bhairyuu set about chopping it down, this time mainly focusing on the trunk where the wood seemed to be experiencing the best growth. After several minutes of diligently hacking away at the thick trunk, he finally made enough of a dent which then caused the tree to crash to the ground with a loud thud. In the process, fortunately for Bhairyuu, the branches also broke off, thus saving him the troublesome task of cutting them by himself. Bhairyuu gathered the branches of the tree, set them in a neat pile and then turned his attention back to the fallen trunk, cutting it into long pieces of roughly hewn lumber. Then, like before, he tapped on the wood to pull up the gathering results window and then waited to see what his efforts would yield him this time

Spoiler

ID# 70681 results:

Battle: 10 II Craft: 2 II Loot: 18 [16 (Natural) + 2 (Trinket) II MOB: 1

Bhairyuu allowed himself a small smile at the sight of his lucky streak continuing and hoped that it would continue for a long time to come. He clicked the "Confirm" button, causing the wood to disappear from view and the number of the <<Noble Wood>> in his Inventory menu's quest items section to increase by 1. Then he moved on to the next tree in the cluster, hoping he would get just as lucky as he did with the previous one.

[OOC: 2x <<Rare Wood>> + 2x <<Noble Wood>> added]

Edited by Bhairyuu

Bhairyuu repeated the same process again of checking every inche of the tree for any signs of rot, termites, fungus, and the like for several minutes. Luckily, he did not detect any signs of agents that could prove to be de-valuing to the quality to wood, so he set about chopping the tree down. Once it was down, he knelt beside it and then chopped up the fallen trunk into several smaller, more manageable sections and then collected the chopped up branches as well, laying all of that in a neat pile which he then tapped gently in order to bring up the results window once more

Spoiler

ID# 71079 results:

Battle: 1 II Craft: 10 II Loot: 16 [14 (Natural) +2 (Trinket)] II MOB: 3

Interpretation: Gathering Success! 1 <<Rare Wood>> bundle found!

As he saw his efforts and precaution from several minutes back pay off in giving him decent quality wood this time as well, Bhairyuu smiled, thinking to himself

"Hmm, this is looking promising so far...I just hope I don't blow it on the next tree..."

After that, he tapped the Confirm button, converting the wood into an item which he then took into his inventory menu under the quest items section causing the <<Rare Wood>> count to increase by 1 this time. After that, he moved to the second to third to last tree in the cluster.

[OOC: 3x <<Rare Wood>> + 2x <<Noble Wood>>]

Edited by Bhairyuu

Again, like before, Bhairyuu examined the tree before him closely for any signs of agents that would depreciate its worth in terms of ship-building material. After several mnutes, he didn't find any signs of such agents, so he stepped back a little to give himself some more room and proceed to hack away at the tree with powerful swings from his hand-axe, slowly but surely working away at the branches, the trunk and whatever other parts of the tree that he could see as being valuable to his cause. After he was done fellng the tree, he divided the trunk into sections once again and trimmed the branches as well to uniform lengths, placing them in a neat pile on the ground. He then knelt down and tapped on the pile, causing the results window to pop up, showing the fruits of his labor

Spoiler

ID# 71080 results:

Battle: 3 II Craft: 11 II Loot: 13 [11(Natural) +2 (Trinket)] II MOB: 9

Bhairyuu smiled as he saw that he had gotten decent quality wood and then accepted the wood, making it appear in his inventory under the quest items section, increasing the count of the <<Rare Wood>> by one yet again. Then, he moved on to the second to last tree in the lot, hoping it would yield the same decent or even higher quality wood than its predecessor.

[OOC: 4x <<Rare Wood>> + 2x <<Noble Wood>>]

Edited by Bhairyuu

Perhaps it was because he was running low on energy or perhaps he had just zoned out in the midst of examining the tree, but he could not deny that he had made a major faux-pas in doing his precautionary scan of the tree for any offending agents. Of course he didn't know it at the time and so he had gone through the trouble of cutting down the tree and making the wood into a neat pile. However, once he tapped on the pile to bring up the results window, he realized his error as he saw the returns for his efforts

Spoiler

ID# 71081 results:

Battle: 7 II Craft: 4 II Loot: 4 [2 (Natural) + 2 (Trinket)] II MOB: 7

Interpretation: Gathering Failure! No wood found!

Bhairyuu let out an exasperated sigh as he saw that he had failed in getting any wood of usable quality this time, but he did not let it depress him. He merely threw the wood away and then continued on to the last tree in the cluster he was working on, wondering what sort of wood the tree would yield to him.

[OOC: 4x <<Rare Wood>> + 2x <<Noble Wood>>]

Edited by Bhairyuu

Having taken his earlier failure into account, this time around, Bhairyuu was much more careful and thorough in checking the tree out for any signs of rot, fungus, termites and other such agents. However, he did not find any conclusive evidence for damage to the tree from any of these agents, so he set his energies to chopping down the tree and was much more efficient and streamlined in gathering the wood into a neat little pile. After he had done that, he knelt down like before and tapped on the pile to pull up the results window and while waiting he closed his eyes and took a breather while looking about to identify the next cluster of trees he would be using for gathering the wood needed for the event quest.

Spoiler

ID# 71091 results:

Battle: 5 II Craft: 8 II Loot: 16 [14 (Natural) + 2 (Trinket)] II MOB: 2

Once the results window showed up with an alert sound, he turned his attentions back to it, reading the content carefully. As he noticed the decent quality wood that he had managed to obtain, Bhairyuu smiled and tapped once more, making the wood pile disappear and in his open Inventory menu, under the quest items section, the count of <<Rare Wood>> increased by one more. He got up and before he went over to the next tree cluster, he decided to take a short break, so he sat on one of the fallen logs and rested for about a hour or so.

[OOC: 5x <<Rare Wood>> + 2x <<Noble Wood>>]

Edited by Bhairyuu

After having rested for a whole hour, Bhairyuu awoke refreshed and ready to go. So he arose, swiped downward in mid-air to pull up his inventory menu and took out a <<Water Bottle>>, using the water therein to wash his face and the back of his neck to thoroughly wake himself up and get all his systems online for the next round of wood gathering. After that, he dismissed the inventory menu after materializing his axe as well and then went over to the tree cluster closest to him. Once there, he got down to work immediately, hacking up the tree into smaller sections and letting them fall into a pile on the forest floor. He then tapped the wood pile and waited to see what fate had in store for him.

Spoiler

ID# 71352 results:

Battle: 5  II Craft: 6 II  Loot: 19 [17 (Natural Roll) + 2 (Trinket)] II MOB: 8

Interpretation: Gathering Success! 1 <<Noble>> Wood bundle found!

After about a second, an alert sounded and the results window popped up, showing that he had gathered high quality wood this time, but Bhairyuu simply allowed himself a smile, reminding himself

"Well that's good, but I have to be on my guard...this could just be beginner's luck striking again...Anyway, on to the next one..."

With that, he swiped his finger across the "Accept" button, causing the wood to vanish and in the inventory menu he just pulled up, there appeared a small red "1" icon next to the quest items showing the count of the <<Noble>> wood had risen by one yet again. Putting this away, he got up and moved to face the next tree in line.

[OOC: 5x <<Rare Wood>> + 3x <<Noble Wood>>]

Edited by Bhairyuu

Bhairyuu got to work almost immediately on the next tree in the cluster after examining it as he did with the previous ones and after finding no evidence of unsatisfactory quality, he began chopping it down. After that, he laid the wood sections from the tree in a loose pile on the ground and then tapped it, beginning the wait for the results to show up. While he was waiting he wondered how Khrysaor was doing and whether he had gotten down to business with his end of the workload.

Spoiler

ID# 71354 results:

Battle: 1 II Craft: 5 II Loot: 10 [8 (Natural Roll) + 2 (Trinket)] II MOB: 2

Interpretation: Gathering Success! 1 <<Normal Wood>> bundle found!

Soon, the results window popped up, hovering over the wood pile and Bhairyuu sighed as he saw that the wood was atleast usable this time around instead of being completely worthless as he had seen plenty of times before. So he tapped the "Accept" button and the wood was turned into a quest item, causing a new entry altogether in the quest items section of his inventory menu that he just pulled up, the entry being a small regular wood icon with a small red "1" on it. After checking once more, Bhairyuu went over to the next tree to check it out as well.

[OOC: 5x <<Rare Wood>> + 3x <<Noble Wood>> + 1 <<Normal Wood>>]

Edited by Bhairyuu

Just as he had done with the previous tree, Bhairyuu checked this one out thoroughly, staying alert for any signs of any sort of disease or infestation. Then, he chopped it into several small sections which he placed on the ground in a loose pile and then he tapped on the pile to pull up the results menu. While he waited, he checked the event requirements for the one he and Khrys decided to do, the <<Rovian Wars>> to see how far he had come in reaching the wood goal for the event.

Spoiler

ID# 71355 results:

Battle: 9 II Craft: 7 II Loot: 17 [15 (Natural Roll) + 2 (Trinket)] II MOB: 6

After about a second, the results window showed up, floating over the pile of wood and showing that Bhairyuu had managed to snag a good quality pile of wood this time around. Bhairyuu nodded to himself, put away the wood into the quest items section of his inventory menu that he had displayed in his HUD. With that done, he moved on to the next tree wondering but not if his lucky streak will end anytime soon.

[OOC: 5x <<Rare Wood>> + 4x <<Noble Wood>> + 1 <<Normal Wood>>]

Edited by Bhairyuu

Bhairyuu once again went through the motions, checking the tree all over and from root to branch for any abnormalities he could find, but since he did not spot any, he began to chop the tree down. Once it fell, he hacked it up some more into medium size, manageable pieces of lumber which he placed in a rough pile. After that, he tapped on the wood once, pulling up the results menu and waited to see what he would get this time.

Spoiler

ID# 71356 results:

Battle: 2 II Craft: 7 II Loot: 13 [11 (Natural Roll) + 2(Trinket)] II MOB: 5

Soon the results window showed up, displaying that Bhairyuu had managed to procure decent quality wood from this tre which he had just chopped down. Bhairyuu performed the same swiping motion to open his inventory and stored the wood in the quest items section. With that done, he moved to the next tree in the cluster, wondering how he was getting so lucky all of a sudden, but not really expecting it to last at all for the next tree.

[OOC: 6x <<Rare Wood>> + 4x <<Noble Wood>> + 1 <<Normal Wood>>]

Edited by Bhairyuu

Bhairyuu had reached the last tree in the cluster so he spent some extra time examining the tree from top to bottom for any unwanted agents, but since he did not find any, he made himself busy in cutting down the tree into manageable pieces of lumber which he then laid on the forest floor like a pile. He then pressed on the pile lightly with his right index to bring up the results window

Spoiler

ID# 71357 results:

Battle: 2 II Craft: 10 II Loot: 14 [12 (Natural Roll) + 2 (Trinket)] II MOB: 4

Interpretation: Gathering success! 1 <<Rare Wood>> bundle found!

Once again, the results showed up in about a second, and Bhairyuu was relieved to see that his efforts had been rewarded with the acquisition of decent quality wood like last time. So he swiped his right index through the air to bring up his inventory menu, placed the wood inside under the quest items section, and after closing the menu, he sat down for another break after all that hard work he had just done.

[OOC: 7x <<Rare Wood>> + 4x <<Noble Wood>> + 1 <<Normal Wood>>]

Edited by Bhairyuu

After the break, Bhairyuu set off again, this time going deeper into the jungle in search for more tree clusters to use for wood. A few minutes into searching, he found one and took up his position before the first tree in the group. He then began to swing his axe at the branches, the trunk and other usable parts of the tree, converting them over the next several minutes into long sections. He arranged these sections into a heap on the forest floor and then pressed the top of the heap to bring up the results menu.

Spoiler

ID# 71362 results:

Battle: 5 II Craft: 5 II Loot: 4 [2(Natural Roll) + 2 (Trinket)] II MOB: 1

Interpretation: Gathering failure! No Wood found!

When the results came with the bad new that he had not gathered wood that could be of any use this time, Bhairyuu was anticipating that since he really had not spent enough time studying the tree for any undesirables ths time and so he was not shaken in the least. Instead, he firmly made his way to the next tree and began to examine it closely with the intention of discovering any devaluing things that may be using the trees fot shelter or sustenance.

[OOC: 7x <<Rare Wood>> + 4x <<Noble Wood>> + 1 <<Normal Wood>>, none added this post]

Edited by Bhairyuu

He had spent several minutes examining that tree by now, but he did not find anything too strange about it so he decided to take the risk and make an attempt to gather some wood from it. To that end, he started chopping the tree down to size like before, first felling it and then hacking it up into manageable parts so it would be easy to organize it into a pile. After he finished hacking it up to his satisfaction, Bhairyuu laid the lumber pieces on the forest floor stacked atop each other and then pushed his right index against the stack gently. Then he waited for the results window to show up as usual, while wondering what it would grant him this time around.

Spoiler

ID# 71409 results:

Battle: 7 II Craft: 1 II Loot: 12 [10 (Natural Roll) + 2 (Trinket)] II MOB: 6

Interpretation: Gathering success! 1 <<Normal Wood>> bundle found!

A second later, the window showed up and upon seeing that he had been granted average quality wood, Bhairyuu sighed, but put the wood away in the quest items section of his inventory anyway, muttering

"Hmm, just average wood this time eh? well I will take whatever I can get, I suppose...hopefully my attempts will reward me something better next time..."

With that, he moved over to the next tree in the cluster and began to look it over for any termites, rot, fungus and other such things, hoping he would not find any there.

[OOC: 7x <<Rare Wood>> + 4x <<Noble Wood>> + 2 <<Normal Wood>>]

Edited by Bhairyuu