{PP-F1} Priming for War -Evander, Teayre and myself-

@Evander @Teayre

With the gathering part of the quest nearly over Domarus knew that they needed to get right into gathering.  So after they met and agreed to team up, they went straight to floor one to make easy and quick gathering.  It was settled:  Evander would borrow Domarus' LD enhanced charm and gather materials.  While he was doing so Domarus and Teayre would gather meat from mobs until they had enough.  Once they did they would help Evander gather wood until they had enough supplies for the ship.  As they walked down the floor Domarus turned to Evander, his familiar not budging as it sat on his shoulder.  He opened his menu and pulled out The Void's Eyes and handed it over to Evander.

Spoiler

Name:  The Void's Eyes
Profession: Artisan
ID:  68497
Roll: 11
Item Type: Miniature Masterpiece
Tier: 1
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: +2 LD
Description: An Ebony charm dotted with deep purple jewels

"Here's the item.  I'd suggest getting started as soon as possible since we might be done before you are."  With that Domarus opened his menu and equipped his HopeBreaker Set, his body being engulfed in the black armor.  It was designed to look intimidating and a dark red glow pulsed under the armor.  The same could be said of his two handed black battle ax.  With his gear equipped he turned to Teayre with a nod.

"Let's get to work," he said, his voice sounding much darker and metallic through the helmet.  He spotted four boar nearby and approached them, preparing to destroy them all.

Mob info:  4 boar, 10 dmg, 0 MIT, 180 hp

The red head had been silent. Why would they have asked her to help of all the people they could have? Her tongue clicked on the rough of her mouth as she eyed up the person who had asked her. A red head. Two handed battle axe. Black Armour. The girl simply raised an eyebrow as he gave the command to get started.  She stepped forwards her foot hitting the ground Akuma’s vein flicking up around her as she shot forwards her charge skill activating. The Finding stone glowing a bright white as it activated alongside the Amaranth Rose’s sword art.

The blade made four quick cuts, one on each of the boars. Standing in the middle Teayre sheathed the Ketsueki Kanashiki. Her eyes glared at the boars around her as they made their move. The tusks striking the red head, who simply laughed as the tusks made contact with her. The armour deflecting the majority of the damage. The final bits scraping through. She felt the red gashes close as quickly as they had been made, her battle healing easily rejuvenating the damage. Her tongue stuck slightly out from her lips before the girl made a concerted effort to return it into her mouth. “Mr Black. You’re up!” She calls to Domarus.

ID: 70787 BD: 6 (2 + 4 ACC) CD: 6 (Battle Healing Activated) LD: 16 (13 + 3 LD) MD: 10 [+2 DMG]

Butterfly Illusion (16 Energy): 8 * (13 + 5 Charge) = 144

Teayre: 1085/1085 EN: 90/106 (10 + 2 Crit DMG – 12 MIT = 1 DMG x 4) – Battle Healing Activated +20 HP
Domarus: ???/??? EN: ??/??

4 x Boar: 36/180 144 DMG Dealt

@Domarus @Evander

Edited by Teayre

OOC- Next time I recommend we both take on our own monsters.  If you joined my fights and it's leveled to me, then we need to roll for materials rather than just getting them

It was painfully clear that this woman enjoyed combat and ripping her opponents to shreds.  Indeed, Domarus himself enjoyed the thrill of combat himself.  And she was exceptional at it as well.  Indeed it seemed he might have a friendly rival for most damage dealt in this game.  Either way however they needed to finish this and move forward.  Domarus began to take heavy steps forward, immediately gaining their attention.  He began to rush forward, moving faster than most would with such heavy armor, and slammed his shoulder into the first boar, knocking it into the others.  His familiar, the dragon with red scales, black iron skeleton-like armor, covered in flames, landed on a branch to observe and learn how to better fight.  After knocking them back he swung his two handed ax, almost with one hand, twice at them and destroyed them all.  He looked for the loot menu but nothing emerged.  Domarus grunted.  Figures he thought.  If Teayre wished to annoy him with that name she used on him, it wasn't working.  Domarus turned to @Teayre.

"Moving on then?"

ID#  70788  BD:  8  LD:  11

Teayre:  1085/1085  EN:  90/106

Domarus:  360/360  EN:  24/36

4 x boar:  0/180  {< Trample Act - 9 x 3 x 2 = 54 >}

Edited by Domarus

Evander took the ebony charm from Domarus. So, The Void's Eyes, huh? An interesting name, for an interesting trinket. "Thanks, man. I'll put it to good use. Call out if you need me for anything, okay? I'm gonna be over in the forest. See you two later. Let's, uh, meet back up in about an hour, I guess, to see how far we're getting." Evander waved to the two of them, and headed towards the trees.

<The Void's Eyes> equipped!

Evander ducked under a low branch. How hard could it be to find wood in a forest full of trees? Well, he supposed he would find out. A cool breeze blew through. A bird chirped high above in the trees. Well, at least there was some nice weather. He took a deep breath. Now, how was he going to get this wood? Did he just have to pick up random sticks and hope for the best? Perhaps there was some special location where there was an abundance of wood planks? Did he need to try to chop down a tree with his sword? That last one probably wouldn't work, considering these trees were mostly immortal objects. Well, he guessed he would just have to resort to gathering some sticks, then. He bent down and began picking up good sized branches. This was going to take quite a long time, wasn't it.

Obtained one <Bundle of Normal Wood>!

ID# 70789 results:

Loot: 12+2(LD enhancement)= 14

Edited by Evander

As the armoured man turned towards her, Teayre put her hand on her hip. Glaring at him her eyes narrowed. “First things first. One. Why did you ask me to help you?” She stepped forwards her sword pointing to the ground. “Two. Don’t be annoyed. The grunt gave it away. You should have seen four normal animal fat. Unless your skull is as thick as your helmet.” Her words were blunt but the girl didn’t want anything left in the air.

Bending her knee Teayre slots her weapon into the ground, folding her arms she taps the floor as she waits for a response. Her eyes flickered over to Evander who was busy gathering wood. “Three. What are your names? Four. You’d be better off letting me do the gathering as I imagine you two would be better at the fighting, especially when you can get the fat from weak mobs.”

As she finished speaking the red head looked Domarus in the eyes through his helmet, the red tint like steel.

Edited by Teayre

Well, he got one bundle of wood sorted out. How many more did he need, again? He pulled up his list of required materials. Ah, right, 12 minimum. Well, shoot. That was a whole lot. That wasn't even counting the mystery feature thing, which required three bundles of Noble wood. Holy cow, he had to collect a lot of wood. Well alright then. Evander stuffed the wood in his inventory, and stretched, cracking his back. He heard some fighting off in the distance. Well, he supposed Teayre and Domarus were already going at it. If he were being completely honest with himself here, they probably already had more of their needed materials than he did. Oh, gosh. Well, he wasn't doing any good just thinking about the monumental task ahead of him. He had to get going. With a sigh, Evander bent back over and continued picking up sticks. How would he even know if the wood was good enough to be counted as Noble or not? He supposed he would get the notification when he had collected enough wood for another bundle, but there had to be an easier way of doing this. Maybe there was some certain look about the Noble branches? Well, if there was, he was pretty much out of luck. All of the branches here looked the same, really. He would just have to collect branches and hope for the best. Evander jumped, dropping his branches, as a voice rang out. He turned to see what was happening. Oh, it was Teayre. She looked pretty mad. Oh, she didn't know their names? He thought she... oh, huh, that's right, they didn't introduce themselves to her back on the eighteenth floor. He and Domarus had exchanged names, but not with her. Oh, uh, wow, okay, that was a serious blunder. "Oh, uh, hey, Teayre. My name is Evander, and the gentleman over there is Domarus. Sorry for not introducing ourselves earlier, I guess we were preoccupied. We asked you to help us because we thought you were doing the event thing too. And, uh, now I'm realizing that we never asked you whether you had a group you were with. Oops. Uh, so, yeah. If you want to do the gathering, that's fine. I can kill mobs. Do you want to use Domarus' charm thing for LD, or do you have your own?"

ID# 70821 results:

Loot: 1+2(LD enhancement)=3 (haha okay)

@Teayre @Domarus

Edited by Evander

As the woman turned on Domarus he listened and smiled.  Not only was she a fierce fighter, but she was a rebel, headstrong.  When she finished she stared into the blackness of the slitted eye holes as if she could see his eyes.  If she did she would see a fiery strength that bowed to no one.  However to see past the pitiless slots required extreme effort, as the armor was designed to hide all features and show nothing but an intimidating being of destruction.  He chuckled very soft and low, barely audible.  

"Firstly my dear, I asked you because your strong, and you have my respect.  Secondly, While I am indeed a fast learner, there are pieces of information I do miss.  Thankfully you have crossed one off the list, and soon enough I will know all there is to know in this world.  Thirdly, my name is Domarus.  And finally I will agree with you on this."  He turned to Evander, his dark metallic voice speaking once again.

"Yes Evander, unless she has a searching item of her own she can borrow that, although I doubt a high leveled player such as yourself wouldn't have one of those, correct?  At any rate we can save chit chat for later after we've collected the materials.  From what I've heard we started late so time is against us.  Let's focus on gathering for now."  With that he turned to begin combat with mobs.

OOC- @Evander what is your level?

Edited by Domarus

Evander reequipped the Void's Eyes. "Hey, Teayre, just let me know if you ever want to use it, okay? Good luck finding wood out there- surprisingly, finding good wood in a forest is pretty difficult. Or, at least, it was for me. It probably won't be the case for you." Evander waved to her, and walked out of the woods, and over to Domarus. "So, you ready to go kill some monsters? Since these are just Floor 1 weaklings, how about we split up and try to take down as many boars as we can? Maybe we can even make some sort of competition out of it? You know what, that sounds like fun. Person who gets the most kills has to buy the whole group lunch, okay?" Evander drew his sword, Retributor, and sped off in search of mobs. It was time to get cracking on that ship. Evander scanned the field for mobs. It seemed like there was a group of boars over there. He grinned. Ah, good ol' boars. He remembered when he used to hunt them down, and fight them one on one, because he was too weak to even considering fighting more than just one. Now, he was just farming them for loot. Oh, how times changed. Evander charged the group of boars, sword lashing out at them. He activated a sword art, Rage Spike, and let System Assist take over. His sword carved through the mobs like they were nothing, and he looked at his loot. Sweet! He was already reaping the rewards.

Obtained four mats and four <Bundles of Normal Animal Fat>.

Combat

Evander: HP: 260/260 Energy: 22/26 MIT: 12 Base DMG: 5

Boar: HP: 0/4 DMG: 10

ID# 70935 results:

Battle: 9+1(ACC)= (effective) 9 (critical +1)

Loot: 15+2(LD enhancement)=17 (4 mats for me)

MOB: 5 (fail)

Sword Art Activated: Rage Spike (AOE)

Total DMG: (5+1)x(1x2)=12 DMG done to the mobs

Total ship building materials count:

8 Bundles of Normal Animal Fat, 1 Bundle of Normal Wood

Edited by Evander

Foregoing Action

Domarus nodded to Evander and chuckled to Teayre.  

"We'll be good friends, I can tell already."  As he walked away he knew this might not exactly be true.  Partners possibly, but her distrust was something else.  He could tell she was a woman who respected strength above all else.  As he drew Vindicem again he watched as Evander ran up and destroyed four boar with ease.  Low leveled monsters eh?  It wouldn't get him the experience or col he needed but they were in a rush.  Domarus spotted four more boar who had recently spawned and made one thunderous step towards them, gaining their attention.  As they charged Domarus did as well, gathering momentum as he rushed at them.  He knew that if his ax didn't kill them, they had the chance of hitting him and dying by his gauntlets.  They were pathetically weak after all.  He wanted to see how long it would take for them to die so he didn't use his weapon just yet.  The first boar landed a solid hit on him, but it's weak damage didn't pass his MIT and it landed right into his gauntlet, shattering upon impact.  The same thing happened with the other three monsters.  He straightened as no loot emerged and sighed, immediately searching for the next group of animals.  He had told Keres not to come and to take care of the shop while he was away, so he wasn't worried about her.

ID#  70937  CD:  4  LD:  2  MD:  7

Boar x 4  0/4

Domarus:  356/360

@Evander

Edited by Domarus

Evander was impressed. Domarus didn't even really do anything to kill the boars. He just charged into a group of boar, and stood there, waiting for the mobs to attack him. And attack him they did- only to promptly explode in a bunch of pixels. Domarus' must've had some thorns enhancement or the like on his armor, but, still, there was just something awing about seeing four huge boars charge someone and die upon impact. It made him want to do even better. Evander grinned at Domarus, and ran off towards another group of boar. The sun shone brightly above. A breeze blew through. How much time did they have left to gather the materials? Well, regardless, he knew their time for building their ship was ticking down, so they had to move as fast as they could. He flourished his blade as he neared the boars. He really hoped Teayre was getting a whole lot of wood- it would be horrible if they managed to get enough fat and miss out on wood. It turned out that it was a really bad idea to not focus on the battle, even against enemies as easy as these. Evander's sword carved into nothing. Well, that was embarrassing. The four boars surrounded him, looking at him with their red beady eyes. This wasn't going to be pleasant, was it. They all charged him at once. If he could feel pain, he was sure he would be screaming right now, but as they were just in a game, and his armor was high enough, they did minimal damage. Thank goodness these were just floor one trash mobs.

Combat

Evander: HP: 256/260 Energy: 21/26 MIT: 12 Base DMG: 5

Boar: HP: 4/4 DMG: 10

ID# 71114 results:

Battle: 2+1(ACC)=3 (fail)

MOB: 9 (critical +1)

Mob DMG: 10+1(critical)-12(MIT)=1 DMGx4(boars)= 4 DMG done

12 Bundles of Normal Animal Fat, 1 Bundle of Normal Wood

Edited by Evander

Foregoing Action

Domarus didn't focus on Evander, especially since he didn't actually speak to him.  Instead he moved on to the very next group of boar, the four of them turning to face him with eyes of hatred.  They had seen what had happened to their comrades and wanted to get revenge, but were reluctant since they shattered when they hit him.  Would that happen to them if they tried?  If this were true then there would be no point in opposing the figure.  However as he advanced they soon realized they wouldn't have a choice but to give it a shot.  Their best option was to look for any weak point in the armored figure's defenses and exploit it.  Domarus?  He knew they couldn't deal s**t.  Whereas whether they hit him or he hit them it wouldn't matter.  Either way they'd be dead.  Domarus adjusted his two handed war ax and let the boar's take the first strike.  When they did nothing he stared at them, wishing they'd make a move.  When nothing happened he spoke.

"Alright then.  My turn."

ID#  71115  CD:  3  MD:  3

Boar x 4:  4/4

Domarus:  360/360

@Evander

Edited by Domarus

Evander steadied himself on his feet. Alright, that was kind of annoying. He had a feeling that if he managed to kill the mobs then, he would've been able to get a whole ton of loot, but sadly, that wasn't the case. He grit his teeth. Man, missing floor one boars, and being actually hit by them. That was pretty embarrassing. He should have been done by now. He glanced over at Domarus. Looked like he was just standing in a group of boar, probably trying to replicate his previous thing. It seemed like the boars weren't being very cooperative though, as he hefted his ax on his shoulder and prepared to attack. Oh, wait, right, he really needed to focus on what he was doing. Otherwise, it would be a repeat of what happened last time. The boars still circled him in a tight-knit circle. He didn't know if he could somehow position himself so that his sword art would manage to hit all of them, but it was worth a shot. He prayed the system assist cooperated with him. Evander lifted up his sword, and attacked. System assist activated, then spluttered out as the four boars knocked into him from all sides again. Shoot, he had really bad timing, didn't he. Then, one by one, the boars all burst into pixels. At least his thorns were actually being of some use this time.

Obtained four mats and four <Bundles of Normal Animal Fat>.

Combat

Evander: HP: 252/260 Energy: 20/26 MIT: 12 Base DMG: 5

ID# 71126 results:

Loot: 13+2(LD enhancement)=15 (4 mats)

MOB: 6

Total DMG: 7(thorns) DMG done

Mob DMG: 10-12(MIT)= 1 DMGx4(boars)= 4 DMG done

16 Bundles of Normal Animal Fat, 1 Bundle of Normal Wood

Edited by Evander

Foregoing Action

Domarus moved to attack and the boar finally moved.  They tried striking in weak sections of his armor but completely and utterly failed to do so, dealing minimal damage and getting themselves destroyed while they were at it.  Domarus sighed as no loot popped up.  Perhaps he needed to kill them in order to get loot rather than them killing themselves on his thorns.  Domarus scanned the area for another group of boars but wasn't seeing any.  Except in the distance a little bit.  He walked in their direction, passing Aereth as he did so.

"Killing them is easy.  Getting something is the hard part."  The boar spotted him approaching and did not know of the fate the other two groups had fallen to.  Thus they charged and Domarus blocked them, wanting to do damage and test out his theory.

OOC- I'm not going to make my posts long as usual due to time issues

ID#  71149  CD:  11  LD:  1  MD:  8  Figures

Enemy info:  original group deceased.

Domarus:  360/360  -  36/36

@Evander

Edited by Domarus

Evander closed his loot window. They were making a lot of progress, which was good. He glanced over at Domarus. The man was already fighting another group of boar. Evander totaled up in his head the amount of supplies they had. If his calculations were correct, they were almost two times the necessary amount in animal fat. If he offed another group of four, and Domarus finished his off, they should be more than done with animal fat, which was swell. He couldn't really see Teayre amongst the trees, but he hoped she was making some progress on the wood. Evander looked around. The two of them had just about cleared this field of boars, which was impressive, but expected, considering these were just floor one mobs. He managed to spot another cluster of four near the trees. Huh, the AI really liked clustering groups of no more than four together, didn't it. Maybe it was programmed to make it so that it wouldn't be too difficult for starting out players to kill these mobs? Perhaps. Evander rolled his neck and charged towards the group of boar. After this, it would be time to go look for some wood. He tripped over a stone, and landed on his face. Agh, he thought he had learned his lesson about focusing on fighting- apparently not. The boars walked on over, and began to graze the grass by him. He sighed. At least the boars didn't notice him.

Combat

Evander: HP: 252/260 Energy: 19/26 MIT: 12 Base DMG: 5

ID# 71163 results:

MOB: 1 (critical fail)

20 Bundles of Normal Animal Fat, 1 Bundle of Normal Wood

Edited by Evander

Teayre had been watching the two boys fight the mobs for some time. As she watched the red head’s finger was twitching, as if it had a mind of its own. “Evander and Domarus.” Teayre replied inclining her head. “Right. Leave the wood to me there’s also something else Domarus.” Her eyes narrowed as she looked at him. “I am not your dear.” Her thumb pressed against the tsuba of the Ketsueki Kanashiki. The girl stopped, frozen. Taking a deep breath she moved her thumb and let it drop. "Sorry about that.” Turning Teayre started to make for the tree line her feet crunching the leaves that had fallen to the floor below her. Bringing up her menu the girl swaps out Akuma’s Vein and the Finding Stone for two of her other trinkets Finder’s Keepers and Searching Eye. As they materialized on her body the girl noticed her vision clearing up suddenly. “Right now to find the wood.”

(I will try and post every other post to get as much awesome wood as I can)

16 Bundles of Normal Animal Fat, 1 Bundle of Normal Wood

Domarus rushed at the four boar but they weren't foolish.  They ran away from him and circled around, not attacking but observing.  Domarus turned again and saw that he was surrounded.  If he tried to use an AoE skill he was certain they would spot the glow and back up quickly enough to evade the attack.  There was no way for him to strike them with their full attention focused.  He needed to aggravate or distract them first.  At the same time the boar were struggling very hard with their pathetic minds to find a weak point in his armor.  If they could get past his gauntlets and armor, they could land a decent hit and evade the chance of getting harmed simultaneously.  The two groups glared at each other but Domarus was also grinning as he recalled Teayre's reaction to his calling her dear.  A little touchy it seemed. He did not mean it in that way of course, but obviously he hit a nerve.  He'd have to examine from a safe distance how large that nerve was, and how to avoid it in the future.  And...  If it was a nerve or just a mask to hide whatever was behind it.

ID#  71189  BD:  4  CD:  7  MD:  1

Domarus:  360/360  -  34/36

Edited by Domarus

Evander got to his feet, spitting out grass. He picked up his sword. Man, he was just full of mistakes today, wasn't he. It was quite embarrassing. Perhaps he was just distracted or something. He didn't even have bad weather with which he could foist the blame onto. He took a deep breath, and focused. It was kind of disappointing, really, that he had to do this for floor one boars, but if he had to do it, then he had to do it. Much less embarrassing than continually missing his every attempt at attacking. He looked around at the boars surrounding him. They kept on grazing their grass. Now, that was just adding insult to injury. They didn't even see him as a threat. Time to show them. Evander tightened his grip on his sword. Alright, no distractions. Just himself, and the four boars. And also the bright, shining sun and random birds chirping, but he couldn't think about them right now. He prayed that system assist cooperated, and let loose his sword art. His sword cut through the boar, and they all burst into pixels before they could even raise their heads. Well, that was... anticlimactic, at best. How had he gotten so worked up over floor one boars? Man. Evander walked over to Domarus. "Hey man, if you're done with yours, I think we have enough animal fat for now. We should go over and help out Teayre in collecting wood. I also got some mats from some of the boars, surprisingly, so we can split those amongst us when we're done. Since it looks like we killed the same amount of mobs, lunch is on me."

Combat

Evander: HP: 252/260 Energy: 16/26 MIT: 12 Base DMG: 5

ID# 71211 results:

Battle: 6+1(ACC)=7

Loot: 9+2(LD enhancement)=11 (no mats)

MOB: 1 (critical fail)

Sword Art Activated: Rage Spike (AOE)

Total DMG: 5x(1x2)= 10 DMG done

24 Bundles of Normal Animal Fat, 1 Bundle of Normal Wood

Edited by Evander

Foregoing Action

When Evander spoke Domarus did not take his eyes off his target's as this would give them the distraction they needed.

"Indeed," he said simply, his mind focused on the battle.  The four boar still made no movement and spotted nothing in his armor, nothing that could give them the edge they needed.  As he had intended it to be.  Meanwhile he was still considering Teayre in his mind.  He had heard stories and rumors, but nothing more.  And rumors could be exaggerated.  He needed to see first hand what this mass murderer as others called her, was like, and just how dangerous she would be to his personal goals.  If she was indeed a great threat it proved even more important to keep her on her good side when around him and give her no reason to take him out.  Either way he very much doubted she would join him in any of his endeavors but you could never be too sure.

ID#  71221  CD:  12  MD:  2

Domarus:  360/360  -  35/36

@Evander @Teayre

Edited by Domarus

Evander looked at the four boar that Domarus was fighting. He was so focused that he almost looked like he was having a staring contest with them. Evander chuckled a bit at this image. Perhaps his thoughts were on the battle, perhaps they were on other things, but one thing was certain- he was thinking heavily. "Alright, man, when you're done, just go on over to the forest and look for some wood with us, okay?" Evander smiled at him, and walked to the edge of the trees. He noticed Teayre nearby, looking around for some branches and the like. "Hey, Teayre. How's it going with the wood? I finished with my portion of the animal fat so far, so I'm going to be helping you out in collecting wood. Domarus should be done soon, so he should be coming over to help shortly. After we collect, say, 5 bundles of wood each and get 3 bundles of noble wood altogether, we should meet back up in that clearing to go look for some tougher monsters for the premium animal fat, alright? I'll be somewhere over there if you need me." Evander walked off and bent over, looking for branches. He sighed. This was going to be the boring part of their item collection.

ID# 71224 results:

Loot: 1+2(LD enhancement)=3 (fail)

24 Bundles of Normal Animal Fat, 1 Bundle of Normal Wood

@Domarus

Edited by Evander

Foregoing Action

When the boar finally moved Domarus spun his weapon quickly but was a little too slow.  They slipped past his weapon and they ultimately failed to do anything the other two groups had done, ending up smashing right into his thorns and shattering.  He muttered a curse to himself and as he expected no loot menu popped up.  He looked at the other two gathering wood.  If they had enough meat they'd still need premium meat.  If Domarus fought a leveled mob he had the chance of getting some.  He turned around and spotted another four boar but these of course were leveled.  He began to move forward, his heavy feet making indents into the ground as he made his way over.  Rhozarth his flaming familiar glided to a branch to observe his combat with an actual foe.  It could tell this was going to be no match for Domarus but it wanted to observe his sword arts.  And possibly help out for the first time.

ID#  71228  CD:  8  MD:  6

Domarus:  360/360  -  36/36

Boar x 4:  0/4

Edited by Domarus