[F1-PP-NK] The return (Wolfie) [Complete]

@Wolfie

"How long had it been now?" Hydra thought to himself. He looked down at his hands, they were cold, weak and ever shaking. The spearman had isolated himself outside of SAO's settlements for months since the incident. Occasionally he would move from floor to floor but otherwise avoided all contact with people... And now here he was, a nervous wreck sat outside in the cold. The brunette had never meant to hurt anyone, he couldn't really understand why murdering an NPC would give him an orange cursor, "It wasn't like they were a player..." He mumbled to himself over and over again. In any case, soon it wouldn't matter. The adventurer was almost out of food and col, his skin was bruised and battered and his armor worn down from the natural elements of this world. 

"Huh..." Hydra slowly opened his eyes, the sky was dark, and it had been raining. "I must've lost track of time again..." He whispered to himself in a depressed tone of voice. The young spearman glanced around for any sign of life, before continuing to pick up his belongings. His weapon lay to the side, a unique item dropped by a werewolf. It had taken practically everyone of the first floor to bring down the beast, and he had managed to land the final kill. "Ahah.." The thought bought back good memories of his friends for a moment, but they soon dissipated leaving nothing but emptiness. Hydra lifted up the weapon and slung it over his shoulder and then continued to move through the forests of the first floor.

Edited by Hydra
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wolfie Walked with purpose today, determined to find a forest. He wanted to remember his childhood once more, remember when he would sit under a tree during a downpour, with Abigail sitting next to him. His walk became a swift run. His cloak flowed around him, he swiftly took every step precisely as though he knew where he would step ten steps earlier. As he ran, he shed a single tear as he remembered his now lost companion. He couldn’t let it show, he knew that. He just wished he could see her again. Unknown to Wolfie, he darts past a man in blue armour. It was the first thing he hadn’t noticed sense he had started the game. Letting his guard down slightly due to his vast ability to reason, and based on the dark stormy clouds and there way on most people. Wolfie just didn’t care anyways. The rain pattered around him, and eased the tension in his heart. Though he didn’t run for long, once he was substantially outside of the city he slowed down to a walk and took in everything around him. 
(Note: Wolfie’s movements while running, especially in rain, are uncanny to that of Nixion)

@Hydra

The sounds were vibrant in the forest despite the darkening horizon. Hydra raised his head and took it all in for a moment. The sound of the rain was both chilling and calming but there was something odd, the sound of someone moving swiftly towards his position. For a brief moment a figure passed by, masked in the dark. Hydra couldn't make out a face but something was off about the way they moved. "This person, could it be him?" Hydra hadn't seen them since the storm on the seventh floor. "Is..that Nix?" He asked himself as various emotions swarmed him at once. Before the spearman knew it, he had taken off in the direction the stranger had gone. 

Unfortunately the fatigue of living outside for so long hit the spearman all at once. What started out as a sprint ended up with a stumble into a muddy puddle as Hydra tried to shout "Wait!". He lay there for a second in silence and self doubt and then peered upwards into the dark forest. "No! I can't give up yet..." The young adventurer pushed himself back upwards under the weight of his own armor and continued to limp through the forests. He had felt something he hadn't felt in a long time, a fiery feeling of determination that was driving him forward.

Wolfie didn’t realize he was being followed and thus he found a tree, sat and lowered his hood. There was a puddle next to him. He peered into it watching his own eyes as he sat. His red and gold eyes seemed to give off two different vibes. The red eye, one of fiery anger and the Gold, that of calm and lack of emotion. “Who are you?” he asked the man in the puddle out loud. “What have you become?” his voice low and graveled, becoming almost a growl. “What have you done with your life? Why have you forsaken everyone and everything? You even forsake Abigail!” his voice rose in volume at the end. And he winced as he once again attempted to suppress the wave of destructive and depressing emotions that washed over him. Before he could do anything else, his eyes filled with tears as he remembered his deceased pet. He longed to hold her in his arms once more but knew that was never again possible. Lightning strikes somewhere in the distance.

@Hydra

Edited by Wolfie

Time seemed to slow down as Hydra moved through the forest. The area had grown dense and the path beaten, the previous sound now an eerie silence. Hydra sighed and slumped against a tree for a few moments to catch his breath, then he heard something. "Could that be?" It was difficult to see most things by now but a little further ahead part of the tree canopy had broken, the faint glow of the moon made someone out. A feeling of happiness rose in the spearman's heart but something about it didn't seem quite right. "I shouldn't just rush in." He thought to himself.

Hydra slowly edged forward to get a better view, as he did his hearing became more clear. Whilst he couldn't see the person, the voice was turned into something like a growl, filled with an anger at something or someone. "Abigail?... Forsake?" The young brunette didn't understand what was going on, Nixon had never mentioned these names before. And that's when it happened, the young adventurer accidently stepped on a rogue bit of wood trying to move in further. *SNAP*. The silence of the forest was broken, and all the brunette could do was stand there with a puzzled and frantic expression on his face wondering if the figure noticed.

*SNAP* A sharp and sudden sound ruptured the rain, it was not that of lightning. In one swift and elegant action Wolfie leapt into the air.  His eyes had an untapped fire “How could you have been so careless!?” His mind yelled at him as the section of the chest that housed his anger was opened full force. He quickly scanned the area as lightning struck nearby. Seeing the man who stalked him, he removed his war-hammer from his belt and rushed the man. Not giving the man any time to react, Wolfie had pinned him against a tree, Wolfie’s hand at the man’s throat. *SMASH* the war-hammer strikes the tree with force, sending bark flying around in every direction. Another flash of lightning struck behind the man, briefly illuminating Wolfie’s face. His multicolored eyes had a fire of hatred and anger that only spawns from the past he had gone through. His face was in an expression that showed bloodlust. The overbearing amount of dominant and menacing aura he gave off was enough to make any normal man sick to their stomach. “I will give you one chance” Wolfie said, his voice no more than a hellish, wolfish growl. Sending a chill down the spines of anyone who heard it. “Why are you here?”

@Hydra

Edited by Wolfie

The next few moments went by in a whirl, before Hydra could even react the stranger had him up backed up against a tree. A bolt of lightning struck illuminating a menacing pair of eyes, burning with a rage. Hydra's own eyes completely contrasted them, a deep and sad abyss of blue and black. The adventurer listened to his growls and waited a moment in silence before answering. This person... whatever had happened to them in the past they had become lost in a blood lust. The spearman spoke in a calm and depressed tone, "I thought you were someone else, that is the only reason I am here..."

Lightning continued to strike somewhere in the distance, the rain also picked up, breaking through the forests cover. It drenched Hydra, he slowly lifted his head and let it run down his face, it almost looked as though he were crying. After a few moments he looked back at the player, most would fear this type of person. Maybe earlier in his life Hydra would have been the same, but not now. All Hydra felt now was emptiness. "I'm lost... I think you are as well." From Hydra's tone of voice, it was clear there was a deeper meaning to what he said. The spearman wasn't referring to being lost in the forest, but rather lost within the mind.  After that he remained in silence, eye to eye with this stranger.

(Spoiler - How Hydra looks up at the rain) @Wolfie

Spoiler

Image result for anime rain

Wolfie took note at the man’s similar disposition. He lets go of the man and lowers his weapon, placing it back on his waist before letting out what could be assumed to be a rough sigh. “In order to be lost, you must have, at some point been found” Wolfie said his voice loosing its growl and hatefulness but still remaining graveled. Whilst his eyes have calmed, the fire seeming to dwindle, his expression and dominant aura remains unchanged. “I know that if I attempted to kill this man I would loose, but there is something inside me that feels something what is it?” wolfie thinks to himself “I can place the feeling…. Its so… familiar…” Wolfie looks around, not letting down his guard. He realizes the need to seek shelter. “I feel we have a lot in common,” Wolfie says looking back at the man, “there wouldn’t happen to be a pavilion we could sit under and talk would there?” pausing to wait for a response he thinks what the hell are you doing? You cant trust him!... but I do need to get out of the rain first….”

@Hydra

Edited by Wolfie

Hydra watched as the man lowered his weapon, "A war hammer that is an interesting choice." The young adventurer thought to himself, before looking at his own weapon. He remembered the struggle of mastering it, there weren't too many spear users around making him one of the most skilled users with it. Perhaps it would be the same with this person. Hydra turned back to the player, "I agree, I felt something incredibly strange when I saw you." The spearman paused and thought for a moment then continued. 

"I haven't ventured to these lands for a long time, but if my memory is correct a little north from here there is an abandoned cave, a werewolf by the name of Lyrica use to occupy it. Until it was killed off by a party of players. We can talk there." The tone of Hydra's voice became slightly friendlier, just like it use to be. The sensation felt strange but welcoming. For a brief moment Hydra almost felt as though nothing had ever changed, before coming back to. "My name is Hydra by the way. I hope we can get to know each other better."

@Wolfie

Wolfie glared at Hydra for a moment, the fire not completely dead. “Yes, let us go to this cave, But if you honestly think you want to get to know me, then you are sorely mistaken. My name is Wolfie and for now that is all you need to know.” Wolfie pauses and waits for Hydra to take the lead. “I am not a man anyone wants to get to know. No one needs to be in my mind or I guarantee it will drive whoever it is insane. I haven’t survived it and I have no doubt that you would fail as well.” Wolfie’s voice picked up a selfish and uncaring property that had been previously vacant. His eyes now equal in the intensity of light, as if the two sides of his mind had made a temporary truce. “This man knows not what he is getting into, Nor should he want to. He is already broken, I need not break him more than I see him now”

@Hydra

Edited by Wolfie

Hydra listened to Wolfie for a moment, remaining in silence until he had finished and simply nodded. "Very well." Then the spearman began to walk ahead, his dark colored armor mixing in with the night, but his spear glistening in the moon. Somewhere in the distance the sound of wolves howling echoed through the night sky, mixing in with the lightning. The sound reminded Hydra of the day he and Nixon had climbed the mountains of floor seven, it had been incredibly stormy then as well, since then he hadn't seen his friend. The brunette feared for the worst, not that his current situation could get much worse, being an outcast and such.

Hydra shifted his eyes back towards the other player whilst still walking. "Does he realize I am an orange player, perhaps I should say something." The young adventurer hadn't been in contact with anyone for so long he had almost forgotten the reason he was out there in the first place. "I suppose I should bring it up at least." Hydra turns his head to the side of the forest and speaks out. "Just so you know I have an orange cursor. I never killed anyone... at least I don't think I did. I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time..." He awaits a response not really knowing what sort of reaction to expect.

@Wolfie

Edited by Hydra

Wolfie Walked quietly and hesitantly behind hydra, taking in everything around him like a paranoid conspiracy theorist. When he heard something that sparked his interest come from the man in front of him. "Just so you know I have an orange cursor. I never killed anyone... at least I don't think I did. I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time..." Wolfie immediately stopped dead in his tracks. “You have better explain yourself. If you mean to tell me that you killed without intent, then you have nothing to offer me and I have nothing to offer you. If you killed with intent, then you are someone who’s company I can tolerate.” His voice descending into a growl once more, and yet, even with how deep it was, it pierced the area like a warm needle through soft butter, loud enough that no one would be able to ignore what he said, the fire in his red eye becoming preeminent.

@Hydra

Edited by Wolfie

The response took Hydra back a little, he too stopped and now fully turned around to face Wolfie. For a moment a chill in the air hung and then the spearman burst out laughing. Not the jolly sort of laugh, but a sinister one, he seemed like an entirely different person. After a few moments the young adventurer wiped a tear away from his eye, a smile still spread across his face. "I suppose I should be honest, then. Truth be told I didn't land the final blow, but I buried my spear deep in the victims leg. Preventing his escape, torturing him slowly. The screams... I still remember them now. Always at the back of my mind... Never ending."

The brunette's face was torn between a sick grimace and an expression of deep guilt. He raised his hands and grasped his head and started whispering frantically "Go away, go away,  go away!" Then he just stopped, looking at the ground for a moment. In those brief seconds his eyes returned from a crazed state to the sad blue they once were. Carefully he raised his head to look at Wolfie, his aura once again in the calm and depressed state. "I try to run. It always finds me though..." He paused for a moment contemplating what Wolfie said about 'killing with intent' "It's true that I don't know you, or what you have been through... but if you are planning to kill someone know that it could plunge you deeper into the darkness that you are already in and will offer you no salvation." 

As Hydra turned to continue walking the thought crossed his mind. "Then again, this one might already be past salvation."

@Wolfie

"It's true that I don't know you, or what you have been through... but if you are planning to kill someone know that it could plunge you deeper into the darkness that you are already in and will offer you no salvation." Wolfie almost scoffed at this. “There is no such thing as salvation. However, let me say this you did what you did, do not feel sorry for yourself. You did what you did, you did it for a reason. Don’t let that detour you from the end goal of your existence, whatever that might be.  One life is not worth the distraction.” The had arrived at the cave and Wolfie motioned for Hydra to enter. His eyes balanced out and his aura just of dominance. He wasn’t sure what to think of Hydra but he knew that this man needed to ignore his past actions because  he could never achieve his future goals, others don’t matter in the long run only does the self.

@Hydra

Edited by Wolfie

It was clear to Hydra that these two contrasted each other in almost every single way. But at the same time, it felt as though he shared something similar. What that was he did not know. "Some things,  one cannot forget. Even if I tried." Hydra thought to himself. In any case he had become weary of recalling his past. The adventurer looked towards Wolfie and nodded, cautiously walking into the cave. The air was damp and moonlight filtered in through various cracks in the ceiling, illuminating the room. A variety of rusted weapons lay strewn across the ground, torn cloaks and battered armor. "Seems these were some of the unfortunate." The spearman said as he crouched down and ran his finger across a horned helmet, picking up the dust.

At that point the sound of a dragon wyrmlings cry erupted from beneath his armor, a few seconds later two snake like heads popped out and began scanning the room. A little surprised himself Hydra let out a light chuckle and turned to Wolfie "Oh I forgot to tell you about this strange creature. This is... erm, my familiar. She is called Twilight." The nearest head turned and looked at Wolfie with a pair of beady purple eyes. After a few moments the creature ducked its head back in vanishing once more. Hydra stood now facing Wolfie. "I have a few questions for you myself, only if you wish to answer them. In return I will give you what I can, if you even need anything that is."

@Wolfie

Wolfie noted the interesting amount of in-tact armour the littered the ground. “I’m surprised these things had more durability then their wearer” He said without emotion. He noted Hydra picking up one and seeming to lament the battle that took place here “Does this man know nothing of ignoring others? How can he care so much about people he doesn’t know and never will? They never affected his life and he will never affect theirs, he need to push on and forget the unimportant details” Wolfie thought as he leans up against the wall of the cave, looking at and observing Hydra

As he was thinking he caught the heads of a wyrmling, “Interesting,” He thought “Both that he keeps this thing in his armour and how common dragons seem to be as pets” 

Hydra then said that he wanted to ask Wolfie some questions. Wolfie lets out a small sigh “I don’t really have a choice. Ask your questions but there is no monetary things I need of you..” Wolfie trailed off for a moment. “In fact, how about this. You survey me as a defender until I become powerful enough to fend for myself, and I will teach you what I know and have learned throughout my life.”

@Hydra

Edited by Wolfie

Hydra paused and scratched his cheek as he thought the deal over. "Defense in return for knowledge. It seems like a fair trade. Besides I could do with some training myself." After a very brief wait the spearman nodded. "Alright, I will help defend you. Until you no longer need my service." There was another moment of silence, then he continued. "My first question is actually related to someone else, the person I mistook you for earlier. He was called Nixon. I was wondering if you had ever met him, perhaps had a relation to him?"

Just as Hydra had finished asking the question the sound of a large growl came from outside the cave. The spearman turned to the entrance and then back at Wolfie with a confused look on his face. There didn't seem to be anything there, although it was dark and his vision was impaired as a result. "I think my mind is playing tricks on me again." The brunette said whilst laughing. "Or perhaps it was you making those growls?" His tone of voice had changed once again, to something light-hearted, something he hadn't experienced in a long time.

@Wolfie

Wolfie listened to Hydra’s question and thought for a while. “No,” He said with assurance “I can’t say I know of a player named Nixon. Nor have I heard of him.” Suddenly there was a growl from outside the cave, One not of his own style. Still observing Hydra, Wolfie watched as Hydra too seemed to hear the noise.

Listening to Hydra questioning whether or not it was real, he drew his own weapon. In a hushed voice, Wolfie says to Hydra “No I heard it too, and it wasn’t of my style. I think it is time you prove your worth in combat. I will do what I can but seeing as I am level one I will be heavily relying on you.” With that Wolfie fell behind Hydra as to allow Hydra to attack first. He knew he didn’t stand a chance on his own but hydra was substantially more powerful then himself. "I hope this man knows what he is doing, the last thing I need is for another person to stab me in the back, so I shouldn't let my guard down."

@Hydra

When Wolfie turned to tell Hydra it wasn't him, and he too heard it. Hydra let out a sigh, he hadn't been expecting to get into combat this quickly. Turning back towards the entrance, it was clear there was actually a creature there. It's eyes hungry and glistening in the dark "Well then." Wolfie mentioned about not knowing Nixon. Hydra felt his heart sink a little, but by no means was he surprised, it was a long shot after all. The growls grew louder and the spearman quickly remembered the deal they made. Nodding he turned to face the beast.

It didn't take long. Hydra went into a crouched stance which seemed to provoke the beast. It pounced, claws and fangs ready to rip apart its prey. Fortunately Hydra had his own fang. He quickly struck upwards with one swift movement, his spear pierced the beast from beneath. It lay there for a moment, silent and still. Then it burst into crystals. "That wasn't as dangerous as it looked." Hydra mumbled as he received a material for killing it. "Still there may be more of them. Whatever they are, I didn't really get a good glimpse of what it looked like." 

SA: Focused Strike (1x1) = 9 - 1 Mit = 8 DMG to Beast

Hydra 460/460 HP | 46/46 Energy | 9 DMG | 18 MIT | 3 EVA

Beast 0/4 HP | 10 DMG | 1 MIT

Spoiler

Rolls:

ID# 70999 results:

Battle: 7+1 (hit)

Loot: 18 (+1 mat)

MOB: 5 - 3 (miss)

Edited by Hydra

Beating the beast in a single hit, Hydra seemed to think he had defeated the only one. Once hydra had finished talking Wolfie looks up at him "Hey Hydra?" he says with urgency "turn around" as he said this a beast, on much larger and significantly stronger lunges them, missing. Wolfie jumps back readying his mace (I made a mistake in an earlier post he has a mace not a war hammer, though the skill is the same) "I hope you know what you are doing Hydra because this thing seems much more powerful. Then the last." He knew that regardless as to this beasts abilities Hydra could kill it. It was only Floor 1. Though he was very curious as to how this man would fight under pressure. “I wonder if he has a similarly suppressed blood-lust as I do, or if he has something else entirely.” Wolfie thought to himself observing the beast as is reared its front legs as if trying to intimidate us. Lightning struck somewherr in the distance proving that the rain was still active. Because of that we would have to be careful, as it may be a challenge to identify any threats that might be next.

Hydra 460/460 HP | 46/46 Energy | 6 DMG | 18 MIT | 3 Eva

Wolf 20 Hp | 2 Energy | 1 Dmg | 3 MIT

Beast 230 Hp | 10 Dmg

DICE

Spoiler

ID #: 71000

Mob: 4 (Failure)

@Hydra

Edited by Wolfie