[F12:PP:NK] Return of the Three Cavaliers! 《Lord of the Seas》

The weather seemed particularly turbulent on the 12th floor today. The murky waters that made up the marshlands were a roar with mighty waves and lightning in the skies above. Occasionally a bolt would touch down somewhere in the distance for all to see.

This is where Seul was going today and where he told Beatbox and Hirru to meet up him. Their target: The Sea Wyvern, the Lord of the Seas. Such a creature was a thing that was supposed to exist only in legends, but in a world like Aincrad they were real. Too real. If they didn't kill it the local sailors and fishermen would be in trouble so of course losing wasn't an option.

“Guess I’m early.” The Lodestar said as he approached the water’s edge. It didn't take long for him to reach the wyvern’s domain and like the regal status it claimed to have as Lord of the Seas it was patiently waiting out in the middle of the swampy throne for any who might have been foolish enough to engage it.

Edited by Seul

The weather was a perfect fit for how Beatbox had felt for the past few days, he didn't deny to help out Seul and Hirru on the next quest as they we're starting to be his friends... however from the actions he recently committed, he wouldn't blame them to not trust him anymore. It was a shame since Beatbox was excited at one point to see them again, he had gotten his Sword Rank to 5 along with Ferocity, and he wanted to show how strong he has gotten since the last time they had seen him... however his emotion lacked personality... he seemed dead. Most people stayed away from him since they never expected the change from them. "Teleport. Floor 12." he said out loud lacking with emotion, and he stood outwards on floor 12 not caring how high of a floor this maybe and walked forward towards Seul's location. It didn't take him long for Beatbox to arrive to see Seul, Beatbox stood ten feet away from Seul with a blank face and said "Hey Seul. A lot has changed with me. Some for the greater, some for the worst. But I will explain my status when Hirru arrives. Please don't be alarmed. I am not bad."

@Hirru @Seul

The hunter didn't understand the theme of the upper floors.  Nearly all of them had some swamp like areas, or were the entire swamp itself.  Of course, each of the floors were plenty different in the actual flora and fauna that would appear on them.  Even the architecture was different with each floor, which made the lore of the Great Separation that much more intriguing to hear.  

All of these were thoughts that the hunter had while appearing in the twelfth floor.  The hunter wondered if he had accidentally warped to the 18th floor, but knew what he said before warping to this floor.  The flag town that would be the hub seemed to be nearly the same as the hub town of the 18th floor.  The hunter could only say that this floor was much more well kept than the other.

The hunter followed the waypoint that Seul's friendly status would give.  Apparently, their next hunt was the Sea Wyvern, whatever that was.  When the hunter finally reached the designated zone, he was glad to see a slightly familiar blonde warrior with him.

"Seul!  Beatbox!  Are you rea..."

Orange.  That was all the hunter had to see.  His face wrinkled into a twisted form of itself, but just as quickly fell to a hardened look of disappointment.  He would walk over to the golden haired one before placing a single hand on his shoulder.  In a low growl, the hunter would speak.

"I don't know what happened, and I don't want to hear it.  All I need to know is that you're still you.  Say that, and only that."

The hunter had seen many orange crystal people by now.  Nearly all of them were that way, because they were defending themselves, or someone else.  He could understand, but that understanding also comes with a price.  He knew that someone had to die for that crystal to turn from jade to citrine.  He would have to go down to the first floor to look upon the Monument of Life, and pay some respects.

Beatbox's emotions, they all flowed outward when Hirru had gave him a low growl, Beatbox couldn't help it... he fell to the ground in tears. "I-I didn't mean too... I-I am so sorry..." he cried out for forgiveness "I...I know you may hate me... but, I truly mean that I didn't mean to do it... I still am myself, b-but... I just can't believe that it happened... please... I ask for forgiveness..." he begged out and cried. He didn't mean to have his anger take him over like that, he regrets the day he ever touched the sword... the day he ever met someone, even these two. "I-I'll do anything to prove myself... I'll quit, I'll die... I just want to be forgiven..." he said out begging. He didn't want this to end out like this, he wanted to stay friends with these two, but... its proving that Hirru didn't want to be friends with him, nor did he seem that he even wanted to talk to him. Beatbox highly regretted the decisions that he had made, and he would do anything to prove that he is still a good person.

@Hirru @Seul

Seul grit his teeth as he watched the scene unfold. What was he supposed to say? He didn't know. What was clear though was that Beatbox wasn't in any position to fight in a state like that. His attention drifted toward the Sea Wyvern and as if it was taunting them to step forward another crackle of lightning bathed the area in a bright flash as it touched down near the creature. Dealing with it now would have been the best course of action. The longer the boss was alive the more damage it was likely to do to the area. Turning back to Beatbox, he began to speak.

"To Hell with forgiveness. You’re still orange until you do the <<Redemption>> quest; you just have to live with it. Here’s a little story though: Opal, the now ex-vice commander of the Knights of Blood is as green as me and Hirru, but you know what else she is? A traitor, a liar, and a murderer. Her actions almost single-handedly destroyed the frontlines and our guild. Regardless of the color of her cursor now, the Berserker’s blood will be on her hands when everything's said and done.

A little while after I left the Starting City the Berserker helped me fight Avalanche even though he was an orange player. Me, some nobody player that he could have easily ignored or cut down without even breaking a sweat. I even told him about my dreams becoming strong and joining the frontlines. He encouraged me to surpass him and told me not to die before I made it as a frontliner or he’d come kill me himself. In a way I’ve done both.

So you killed someone... Wallowing in guilt now won’t change that. What matters is what you do moving forward. Quitting or dying isn’t necessarily the right path. You might be depriving someone out there of an experience like the one I had with a PKer. But if you can’t stand up again and fight then I need to ask you to leave. An unstable heart is the worst armor one can wear into battle and I care too much about my life, yours and Hirru’s to let you join us here if you aren’t going to be 100% focused.”

• 2 weeks later...

Beatbox shook his head, he listened to his story... and he felt like the biggest idiot in the world. he shook his head with a laugh as he wiped the tears away and looked upward to Seul with a smile "Heh heh... I feel like the biggest idiot in the world now..." he stood up and looked at him with a determined smile "Things only get better... I guess I just have to believe that. Redemption exists, at least I didn't ruin friendships or change how everyone thinks about me. I am still the same guy, just temporarily different colored. Let's kill this thing." he said with another smile as he pulled out his sword Sharpened Stardom with pride even though it had been stained to him. He had to deal with the fact that he can't change his decision and at least he's not seen as a "traitor". He looked back to Hirru and Seul and said to them "I promise I'll be green again soon for the boss raid. The last thing I want is Opal knowing that I had killed someone." he sighed as he looked to Seul with a smile "Lead the way."

@Seul @Hirru

- WOO! Finally Posted!

It would seem that his speech had managed to reach Beatbox and returned the boy to his senses. The crisis had been averted, but it wasn’t like the group was going to have much time to celebrate as another dilemma waited only a short distance away. Another bolt of lightning struck down near where the Sea Wyvern was idly floating. The thought that such a grotesque creature was capable of goading them into a fight was a little sickening, but after passing another fleeting glance at his companions Seul decided he would be the first to plunge into the murky depths of the swamp.

He dipped a leg in and then the other, eventually wading out far enough until he was about waist high in water. The arena’s effects were twofold: First his movement speed was significantly reduced while partially submerged. Second, having to fight in wet clothes was mildly uncomfortable. Those two points combined meant he wasn’t really expecting to have a good time, but even with that in mind he still unsheathed his blade.

The boss finally noticed that someone was brave enough to face it, but rather than go in a straight line for the player it decided to dive. Only once it was within striking range did it burst from the surface with a guttural roar that resembled the sound of crashing thunder. Its jaws were wide open and aimed for the knight.

Predictable AI as always. As it neared Seul swung his sword toward its face while using Galaxy Destroyer, ripping through its scaly flesh and taking off a majority of its health at the same time. The Sea Wyvern fell to one side, popping out at its original spot soon after swimming away.

Seul's Stats:

Spoiler

Stats

895 HP

88 Energy

15 Base Damage

84 Mitigation

24 Holy Blessing

16 Flame Aura

10 Battle Healing

1 Recovery  

6 Picking

1 Search & Detect

Taunt Active

Equipment

Crusader MK II......... // +6 Damage

Regret................. // +24 Holy Blessing | +1 Recovery

Manticore Mask.........  // +Taunt | +18 Flame Aura (Def) | +16 Flame Aura (Off) | +18 Mit

Skills

Two-Handed Straight Sword.| Rank 5

Picking...................| Rank 4

Light Armor...............| Rank 3

Search & Detect...........| Rank 1

Battle Healing............| Rank 1

Howl......................| No Ranks

Extra Skills

Providence(Protector).....| Rank 2

Meditation................| Rank 0

Concentration.............| No Ranks

Survival..................| No Ranks

Skill Mods

Athletics

Dismantling

THSS Ferocity (Rank 5)

Inventory

1. Woodland Armor - 3 Charges Left
  2. Basic Teleport Crystal - x1
  3. Banner of Support - 3 Charges Left
  4. Generic Armor MK.9 (+3 Evasion)
  5. Lucky Coin (+3 LD)

BATTLE START

Field Effect: All players recieve -2 EVA due to muddy swamp water.

Party

• [H: 2] Seul | 895/895 HP | 75/88 EN (-13 EN)
    • Sword Art: Galaxy Destroyer | 15 + 1 Ferocity x 13 = 208 DMG
  • [H: 0] Beatbox
  • [H: 0] Hirru

Enemy

• Sea Wyvern | 92/300 HP (-208 HP) | 300 DMG | Effect: Crits activate an AoE attack and ignore mitigation. 

Rolls

• ID: 72383 | BD: 6 (5 + 1 Concentration) | MD: 1
Edited by Seul
  • 3 weeks later...

The hunter had nothing else to say to the fighter before him.  He broke one of the sacred beliefs of this world, but he wanted to repent for his sins.  Though, it made the hunter happy to hear; he wasn't going to let that show.  There was still some skepticism in his mind that wanted to keep Beat at a distance, if only for a bit.  Especially when he used the name of the traitor so easily, when Seul let his heart out about the very events that made the traitor who she was.

It was probably this thinking that brought about the lack of precision of his first attack.  Immediately after Seul performed his devastating attack, the hunter was right behind him to follow-up.  The hunter wasn't in the game, though, and didn't notice the creature shifting itself with ease in the bog.  He fell into the muck and mud before getting back up.  He was now covered in the stuff.

"Damn it!"

Spoiler

Hirru

780 HP
78 Energy
2 Accuracy
1 Evasion
12 Base Damage
61 Mitigation

Items

Oath of the Unknown Knight ....... // +6 Damage
Pride of the Guardian ................. // +54 Mitigation
Spirit of the Jade Dragon ........... // +2 Accuracy, +1 Evasion

Battle Ready Inventory

<Wasp Venom Drink> x3....... // +9 energy
<Lucky Heart> x1.................. // +2 LD
<Greedy Antenna> x1........... // +2 Col Multiplier
<Lion Heart Steak> x1.......... // +2 Col Multiplier

Buffs
+1 Safeguard

Skills

One Handed Straight Sword  | Rank 5: +5 DMG
Heavy Armor                          | Rank 2: +7 MIT
Search and Detect                 | Rank 3: +3 LD
Concentration                        | +1 to your BD / 5 turn cooldown
Survival                                  | Heal 40 HP when out of battle each post / Negate environmental damage

Skill Mods

Reveal

Party

• [H: 2] Seul | 895/895 HP | 75/88 EN
  • [H: 0] Beatbox
  • [H: 1] Hirru | 780/780 HP | 76/78 EN (-2 EN)

Enemy

• Sea Wyvern | 92/300 HP | 300 DMG | Effect: Crits activate an AoE attack and ignore mitigation. 

Rolls

• ID: 72404 | BD: 1 (404 attack not found)
Edited by Hirru

And thus the battle began after a rather odd conversation that we had all shared, and he saw Seul and Hirru attempt to attack the mighty sea beast, Seul was successful, however Hirru was not. Beatbox knew it was his turn to strike against the beast, and he didn't want to disappoint. He pulled out his sword and lunged forward slowly through the water to fight against the boss... however, he had horribly missed. He growled at himself as he missed and looked back to the boss "Don't hold back now Lord of Seas.. kill me." he said with an angered tone as he refused to move anywhere from then on, he knew the sin he had performed and he was ready to accept his fate as he didn't want to continue with this cursor of his. He looked back to Seul and Hirru, it was their turn to strike against the boss... hopefully they could strike down the boss better than Beatbox could apparently

@Seul

Party

• [H: 2] Seul | 895/895 HP | 75/88 EN
  • [H: 0] Beatbox | 715/715 HP | 68/70 EN (-2 EN)
  • [H: 1] Hirru | 780/780 HP | 76/78 EN

Enemy

• Sea Wyvern | 92/300 HP | 300 DMG | Effect: Crits activate an AoE attack and ignore mitigation. 

Rolls

• ID: 72828 | BD: 1 (Dang it...)

@Hirru

The wyvern had easily avoided both of the follow up attacks, but kept its attention focused on the one who initially dealt its wounds. It swam toward Seul with an impressive show of speed, but the knight had anticipated such a move and prepared accordingly. His taunt enhancement coupled with the attack he landed almost guaranteed he was going to be the one to receive any punishment from here out.

Just as the jaws of the monster were about to sink in he managed to use his sword to intercept, having it bite down on cold metal rather than his flesh. Shaking the creature away also proved to be a simple task, but at the cost of his balance this time around. Once the serpent landed back in the water it returned to the usual routine of diving below the surface and popping up a short distance away from the group. It was only a matter of time before it met its demise.

Party

• [H: 3] Seul | 895/895 HP | 75/88 EN (+2/-2 EN) [Taunt: +1 Hate]
  • [H: 0] Beatbox | 715/715 HP | 68/70 EN 
  • [H: 1] Hirru | 780/780 HP | 76/78 EN

Enemy

Rolls

• ID: 73404 | BD: 4 | CD: 10 (Recovery Activated) | MD: 4 (2+2)
Edited by Seul

It seemed that the swamp muck and the serpentine nature of the leviathan before them, was making everyone miss their strikes.  Throughout the short instance that they fought, the hunter could see that the beast was going to have the upper hand.  They always did, in some way.  With enough prowess and foresight, the team could deal the final blow, but it would seem that something would be hot in their minds.  This feeling would not set off the hunter, until he heard the words of Beat.  Looking at him standing still, not from bravery, but what seemed to be guilt.

It was those words that made the hunter bound forward, pushing Beat aside.  All of that force would be disrupted by the muddy environment, but that wouldn't be his only action.  Immediately after, the hunter would rip through the uneven terrain to deliver the final act upon the Lord of the Sea.  It gave a final cry before shattering into thousands of light shards.

With the fight over with, the hunter sheathed his blade, and walked over to Beat.  His face still carried a scowl throughout the encounter.  He would then grab the golden haired fighter by the collar.  The scowl now tightening into something worse.

"What the hell was that?!  Asking for forgiveness one second, then awaiting death the next!  You think you have that choice anymore?!"

Party

• [H: 3] Seul | 895/895 HP | 75/88 EN
  • [H: 0] Beatbox | 715/715 HP | 68/70 EN 
  • [H: 1] Hirru | 780/780 HP | 66/78 EN (+1, -11)
    • Sword Art: Meteor Break - 12x11=132 dmg

Enemy

• Sea Wyvern | 0/300 HP | 300 DMG | Effect: Crits activate an AoE attack and ignore mitigation. 

Rolls

• ID: 73666 | BD: 6+2 (Hit) | LD: 19+4 (3000 Col & 2 T2 Mats)

@Beatbox

Edited by Hirru

Beatbox grew more angered at Hirru grabbing him by the collar and yelling in his face, he listened though he didn't want to interrupt him, after he was finished he responded back "Look, you haven't killed anyone out the sheer fact that you forgot what this world is, I know I don't deserve any kind of forgiveness and I know that I shouldn't even be trusted anymore by the likes of anyone due to the things that I did, I might as well give up, there is nothing left for me to do, you understand?!" he yelled out to Hirru as he grabbed his arm to try to pull himself back up. He looked towards Seul then back to Hirru, it looked like his chances of joining Knights of the Blood at some point was now ruined, he didn't know what to do, he let go as he tried to pull himself back up and fell to his knees looking down upon himself, "I'm just a fool... I know we're all human and we make mistakes but... I just don't know how to respond to these situations... I have mixed feelings about this all, I wish I'd just wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time." he said as he cried. He let go of his sword into the water where he didn't want to look at it and placed his hands on his eyes where they couldn't see his tears. He didn't want to kill, he didn't want to die either... he just doesn't fully understand what to do. "everything I once wanted to do... shattered off this one kill... off this one mistake that I had wrongfully had done... this one thing that separates me from the others... I just- I... just, I..." he couldn't just say it he shook his head and said out "Look, I wanted to join KoB at one point, and I still do to this day. And I know I cannot join at this condition and at this mistake that I have made... but I will become a better person, I promise to you to Seul, to Heathcliff, to anyone that I need to promise to, to become a better person I swear on it." he cried out.

@Seul

Rising from the muck, the boy let out a joyful cheer as the boss had finally been finished off. Even though the people of the floor would be safe for at least least a little while longer the celebration would need to be put on hold. In the short time it took for him to get his footing back, Hirru had grabbed Beatbox and if he wasn't as rational as he was, things could have turned uglier real fast. Thankfully the situation seemed to diffuse itself, but he still couldn't help but shake his head in frustration.

“What he did was dumb, but there was no need for that Hirru. I had things under control, so neither of you were ever in danger.” After addressing that and listening to what Beat had to say he was at a loss for words. What more could he do to ease the situation? He wasn't prepared to deal with these sort of things.

As if the world was responding to them, a light drizzle began to fall from the storm clouds that had been looming above. Seul had his fill of being wet for one day.

“Let's go back to town.”

@Hirru @Beatbox

Edited by Seul
  • 2 weeks later...

"I haven't killed anyone, because I already know the feeling."

The hunter had let go of the young man before him before letting that escape his lips.  It wasn't in the low growl from before, but a monotone voice that would occur every so often.  In fact, his entire body seemed to relax a bit from the knowledge.  Though he did not know why he felt disappointment towards the blonde fighter; but, even more so than that, he felt empathy.  Why he felt this way and why he said that was unknown to him.  The only thing he knew was that there was some memory that could tell him more about it.  Was there something in his past that lead to the death of another?  Obviously, or else he wouldn't have said that.

"If you really want to know what to do, then you have much to learn."

He would turn to Seul, and the world would come back to him.

"Right."

@Beatbox

[Apologies.  I just lost the muse for this thread for a bit]

Beatbox didn't really know what to say nor do after the conversation between them had ended, he took Hirru's advice to heart, but a part of him just... feels... empty, like this one part feels like it could make him entirely feel empty... who knows, maybe its the lack of people actually liking him and putting false judgment upon him. He just wished he had someone to go to to let it all out. He shook his head and wiped the tears away, he cannot believe it had to end this way... he had listened to Seul to just head back into town... its probably better that it'll have to end this way... but theres not much Beatbox can do to honestly change it. "Alright..." he said as he stood up from the water, looking down upon himself. He walked as though he was trying to put more life into him... he just felt empty, he wanted to give himself meaning again... because everyone didn't look at him that way in all honesty.

@Seul

The wall back was silent and awkward. At least that's how he viewed it anyway. Seul didn't have much to say and figured the others were too occupied with their own thoughts to pay him any mind even if he wanted to talk. Was this part of the reason he enjoyed soloing quests? Perhaps. But doing so came with the tradeoff of security in the end all the loot in the world would be considered worthless to a dead man.

Once they arrived back at the town’s gate he debated what the best course of action would be. Leaving things as they were seemed like a poor end to this particular story. He figured they all just needed to forget about the fight for a while.

“You guys up for a trip to the local tavern? I'll treat. Think of it as my way of saying thanks for having my back out there.”

@Hirru

Edited by Seul

They traveled backwards to a town in which Beatbox could be in along with the two being comfortable being around, the walk back was... quiet, awkward at best. He didn't know how to react from all of this happening in one day, he simply just needed to stay within his thoughts for the time being as they had walked back to town. When they had gotten back Beatbox didn't make any eye contact with the players passing by... it just felt uncomfortable, but he was at least comfortable being around Seul and Hirru, which made him feel just a tad bit better. He had gotten a little better as they walked back in silence, he had quite a bit of time to think upon himself and he somewhat managed to get his confidence back just a tad bit better, he looked over to Seul seeing if they had wanted to go to the tavern for a drink or two, Beatbox smirked and said to him "I'm no drinker, but I guess I could. I ain't got anything else better to do at the moment."

@Seul

“I haven't much alcohol myself, but hey it seems like one of those times ya know?” He smiled but turned his attention to Hirru who remained the quietest of the trio. Maybe he just wasn't in the mood to go with them and that was fine. Another theory might have been he was still upset about what happened earlier, but Seul doubted that was the case. The hunter didn't seem like the type to hold petty grudges. I'll “We’re gonna go on ahead Hirru. Definitely catch up with us if you're interested.” With that he made a beeline straight for the tavern and swung the door open as he entered with Beatbox in tow. He made his way over to the bar and took one the stools before slamming some col coins down on the counter.

“I'll have your most expensive drink and for my friend… Uh, what do you want?”

@Beatbox

Edited by Seul

"I assume that its just a good time for it I guess, I don't suppose one drink would hurt that much..." he said in temptation, he eventually decided to head with Seul to get a drink, one drink wasn't going to hurt anybody, as long as Seul doesn't treat him with drink after drink... he should be fine. "Would Seul do something like that?" he thought in his mind, he eventually shook off the thoughts in his head and eventually say goodbye to Hirru on his way outwards, and following Seul into the tavern. He watched him slam down the col like he had been declared victorious and ordered their most expensive drink, he asked what he wanted and he said "Just a glass of wine shall do. I don't want anything that special." he said as he took a seat at the bar table, he placed a hand on his cheek and looked around to see some players giving him the stink eye and some trying to avoid having eye contact as much as possible, he shook his head and looked back forward... he wasn't a bad person.

@Seul

The bartender brought them their drinks and as soon as his arrived Seul quickly downed it, barely coming up for air as he did. “Woo, feeling good now. One more please!” He said while passing a glance toward Beatbox. Obviously a few players in the room weren't too excited to have to share the space with someone sporting an orange cursor. He thought about just ignoring them, but decided instead to get up from his seat.

“Why don't all of you take a picture, it'll last longer! Unless you wanna be next on this guy's hit list I think you should keep your eyes to yourself.” He'd say before before returning to his chair and starting on his second drink. Wouldn't it be something if they got into a bar fight after all of this? It seemed like a fitting way to sum up this whole experience, but he wasn't going to actively seek one out on his own. At least not yet anyway.

“Don't worry about these people man, they can't even imagine half the stuff we go through.”