[PP-F3] <<Worn Out Welcome>> (Row/Morgenstern) (Complete)

Vargas awoke to the alarm he had set. The light filtered in to his room as he adjusted his eyes slowly. He relaxed into his bed as he waited while listening to the BGM In Your Past. Kayaba may have trapped ten thousand players in the game but he definitely was a great game producer. He turned off the alarm and got out of bed. He walked towards the mirror and looked at his attire. He still wore the same green shirt and black baggy cotton pants. His only equipment consisted of his Anneal Blade from the quest he'd recently accomplished not too long ago.

"Well I guess it's time for me to get some more equipment." Vargas said as he exited his room and descended the stairwell. Exiting the inn Vargas decided to stroll by the merchants' booths to see if he could find anything good. To his surprise he couldn't find anything that he could get, at least not without selling an arm, a leg, and his soul. Everything had high rates and he just didn't have the budget for anything like that yet. Vargas sighed as he walked out to the main square and looked at the notice board that was set up. Quickly scanning for a player willing to help him he finally found one.

Pulling out his menu he pulled up messages and sent one to the player named Row. Apparently he was offering his abilities to tank. Hopefully he was good if he could tank damage strong enough to do well.

Edited by Vargas
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

»Name: Declaration of War (1h Spear)
Quality: Perfect

Tier: 1
Enhancements: +2 Damage, +1 bleed.

Item: Deflective Gauntlets (Heavy Armor)
Quality:Perfect
Tier: 1
Enchantment:  27 Mit (3 mit slots)

Item: Dragon Scales (earnings)
Quality:rare
Enchantment:+2 LD

»Name: Embargo
Item Type: Shield
Quality: Perfect
Enchantments: +2 Thorn, 1 Paralyze

Health: 20
Dmg: 1
LD: 1

"Finally, someone who wants to go out on an adventure for treasures!" 

Row cheered upon getting the pm from a player called Vargas, grabbing her armor, her spear, and shield while rushing out to the meeting spot. The message said the main square on the 1st floor. She did not know what kind of person he was or where he wanted to go but she was ready to duke it out with whatever so long as it could drop treasure. Racing to the main square, she saw a teen with colorful hair that resembled some sort of fire. It was a very distinguishing trait for the sheer fact that she did not know you could get that color for your hair.

"Wow, your hair is like a fire. How much money did that cost you?"

She started walking around him studying the coloration. Though she did not think it was natural, looking closer, she could see the possibility. 

Edited by Row

Vargas turned around to see a girl, about 5 feet tall walking up to him. She appeared to be wearing a black sailor outfit with blue outlines. The shirt was frilled in the front and the skirt had lace cloth on the ends. Her blue....eye looked nice though the other was covered by an eye patch with a golden rose design. "Cost? This is my actual hair color," Vargas replied slightly confused. "I'm guessing you're Row."

He looked her up and down once more before coming to one conclusion....this girl looked like she could either fight or just had some larping issues. He twisted around as she circled around him, like a vulture watching its prey die slowly. Hopefully, that wasn't going to be the case.

"So...not to be rude, but I was just wondering what level you were. Since you're tanking and all," Vargas inquired the girl.

Edited by Vargas

Row backed up, startled at the mans answer. Sure she could see it after paying more attention, but it was still shocking none the less. What would you even call that color? The man asked if she was Row before asking about her level. She laughed while looking away. She really wanted to go on another adventure and knew it might be a problem if he ever found out she was level one. Putting on a big smile while trying to avoid eye contact. "Yes yes, I am Row and don't worry about levels. What truly matters is your spirit for adventure and your ability to find treasure. Both of which I fulfill." She scanned him a minute before returning to her speech. "I have gear ya know. I am super strong and stuff, trust me." She clapped and turned around. "So leader, are you ready to be protected by the great treasure hunter!" She pointed her fingers out to the sky and closed her eyes. She really hoped he did not press her too much for avoiding the question.

"Yes yes, I am Row and don't worry about levels. What truly matters is your spirit for adventure and your ability to find treasure. Both of which I fulfill."

Vargas laughed at the energy Row seemed to exhume. She didn't seem to be letting their situation get her down. Vargas smiled at her as clapped and continued talking. 

"So leader, are you ready to be protected by the great treasure hunter!"

Vargas looked up at the clear blue sky as Row pointed up. It was another nice day for adventuring as Row would likely have said. Vargas nodded and accepted that this was just how it was gonna be.

Vargas placed his hand on Row's shoulder as he passed by her. "Well then let's go, better start now before the day gets away." Vargas said. He continued down the road until he reached the teleportation platform. "Delilah Village," Vargas activated the platform, sending him to the third floor.

Edited by Vargas

"Wait... the third floor?" Before she could even debate the risk, Vargas disappeared to the designated floor. She took a deep breath before operating the device. She never been off the first floor and thus did not know what to expect. She never even been to the second floor and yet she was running forward to tank for the third floor. This had to be the dumbest decision she has ever made. Yet before she knew it she was warping to the third floor.

There was a delay between the time Vargas appeared and Row followed. Granted some of that was the fact that Row never used a teleport before, but most of that delay was just her worrying about nothing. "I did it... am I alive? Is this what death is like? Oh look Vargas is here." She ran over to him while taking in the surroundings. "Wow it's so... primitive, compared to the Town of Beginning."

Edited by Row

Vargas waited a little while for Row to teleport. It took her awhile and he was tempted to go back and see if she had walked off or something. The phasing blue graphic that appeared signaled that she had indeed crossed through. She looked a little surprised when she did though. He laughed at her bewilderment when it came to grass existing around them. Maybe she hadn't gotten the chance to see much of the floors, he definitely hadn't. Vargas had been too busy of late trying to get a couple levels first under his belt.

"Wow it's so... primitive, compared to the Town of Beginning."

"I'm guessing you don't get outside the Town of Beginnings much, do you?" Vargas inquired, curious as to how much of the game she'd seen.

Turning away, Vargas walked in the direction his map was indicating the quest was at. Following the cursor down the streets he eventually reached a blacksmith's shop and opened it. Inside he found, wouldn't you believe it, a blacksmith and what could more than likely be his wife. Walking up to the NPC blacksmith he inquired about the quest and allowed the debriefing to pass by quickly. In short, he wanted a piece of leather armour and so had to go get some from a dark elf in the Forest of Wavering Mists. This basically meant it was a bit of a fetch quest.

Sighing, Vargas accepted the quest and walked out the door. "Well, looks like it's time to go kill a dark elf so I can get through this quest," Vargas said as he stretched with his arms above his head.

Edited by Vargas

"Unless you count running into an open plain to fight the treasure boars... no." She smiled while clapping her hands. It was nice to visit another city for once. Vargas started walking down the road and stopped at a blacksmith. Row did not follow him in but she quickly realized what he did when a new quest popped open in her window. Once he came out, he said that they had to kill a dark elf to finish the quest.

"Dark elf? They have those. Do they drop good treasures? Wait... if we are on the third floor, wouldn't this elf be super strong?" She started to ponder this mob. Ultimately, she would fight it anyway because it was what she signed up for. "I am not afraid if that is what you are think. I can take her or him... or it." She folded her arms and turned around to hide her worried face. Sweat was running down her face as she imagined fighting this giant boss that could just step on her and crush her with one attack. 

"I don't know about good treasure, but I do know I need it for the quest. As for strength, it shouldn't be too difficult. However, if it appears that we need to pull back and get out then do so. It's not worth your life to fight a monster we can just come back for later." Vargas said sternly, he didn't want to lose more people in his life. She might just be a temporary ally but that doesn't mean he wanted her death on his conscience. He ruffled her hair before returning the way they came so they could go straight to the forest.

After what took probably half an hour, they reached the outskirts of the Forest of Wavering Mists. Drawing his blade from it's sheath, Vargas pushed forward through the mist. It didn't appear to inhibit their vision but more or less created a white airy sheet across the ground. Each step he took caused the mist to spring up a little and break around his feet like the wake from a boat.

"I told you, I am not scared. Also, I don't back down from a treasure hunt!" She folded her arms pretending to be mad even though she was still worried. She could not help but smile when he patted her head. For some reason she felt like they could do this. Then they set off to the boss mob.

When they arrive at the Forest of Wavering Mists, Row noticed all the mist. Her eyes glowed with delight as she rubbed her hands together. The spooky atmosphere signaled the challenge that existed in the area. Even more obvious was the fact that really good treasure should exist here. How could it not. The flags were all there after all. "Vargas, you know we will find the treasures." She stared at him with fiery determination while holding her fist in a ready pose. "I am sure the Great Dices Gods will be on our side."

Vargas looked at Row with dull look. Yep, he was pretty certain she was a god damn larper. At least that or she had some really bad case of eighth grade syndrome. He pushed forward a couple more steps before they came to a clearing. The lighting here changed from the clear sunny day outside, to being a dull light permeating through the cover. In the center sat a girl near a small fire. She had long white hair, dark skin, and dark green armor. When Vargas focused on her he saw that she had no cursor and pointed ears.
"The dark elf is right there. We aren't in her aggro range just yet so she hasn't taken notice of us. You should charge in first and gather hate and I'll follow behind and try to block her attack with a follow-up attack." Vargas suggested while taking note of anything else they could use. The dark elf was in the center of the clearing which meant they'd be out in the open. If there were any adds then they might have problems, but as it was a lower floor from the clearers it wasn't likely to be too difficult.

HP: 50/50

Attack: 30

Edited by Vargas

Row saw the elf and let out a sigh. She was nowhere near as scary as she picture her to be. In fact, she looked surprising beatable. When Vargas gave her approval to start the fight, she dived into the fray without a second thought. "RAWR You walking thing of treasure, die now so i can loot your corpse mwhahaha." She spawns her gauntlets spear and shield. Her stats drastically rose compared to her level and her killing intent rose exponentially. Holding her spear out, she spun out in the air like a helicopter's rotor in an attempt to appear cool. However, her hand slipped and the spear flew out of her hand behind her. "Uh... you didn't see that!" 

ID# 70939 results:

Battle: 8

Holding her spear to the elf, she charged forward yelling her battle cry. She leapped into the air and then launched a powerful horizontal strike. Her blade sliced through her chest dropping her health points by a few points. "I did it!" 

Dark Elf 47/50
Row: 20/20 hate 1
Vargas: 100/100 energy 10/10 hate: 0

Edited by Row

Row shot of the moment Vargas had finished his plan. Not even pausing or considering her surroundings, she just charged the dark elf. Vargas was a little concerned at her treasure frenzy that she was suddenly on. Suddenly, he considered what would have to Sinbad if he was a mob in this game. The image was amusing yet slightly horrifying. Once Row's attack connected Vargas started charging forward to attempt to block the dark elf's retaliation.

ID# 70995 (Dark Elf)

Battle: 7

DMG: 30-27(MIT)=3

*takes 14 DMG from Row's thorn*

ID# 70997 (Vargas)

Battle: 7 +1(Acc)= 8

DMG: 1+1=2*3=6 ((base)+(sword skill)*(snake bite))

However, he came up just short and was unable to block the attack. The dark elf slashed through Row with a horizontal slash draining some of her health. Vargas brought his sword back for the system assist before unleashing his <<Snake Bite>> skill. Three angular slashes connected with the dark elf and caused a decent piece of health to drop. Vargas quickly looked at his HUD and saw that Row had already lost almost 25% of her health. This worried him as this proved she likely wasn't very high level or she didn't have high mitigation. He had to end this quickly before things went wrong.

Dark Elf 27/50

Row 17/20 Energy 2/2 Hate: 1

Vargas 100/100 Energy: 7/10 Hate: 1

Edited by Vargas

That slash attack send Row flying back a few feet. While she was able to throw her shield up, to block some of the force, the attack still went through. She clenched her teeth as she hit the ground. Her shield glowed on contact but by the time she checked her equipment, it had returned to normal. The red marks on her body vanished and her health bar dropped quite a bit. This was her first time taking this level of damage so she was a bit startled. "Ouch... They don't call this a boss for nothing." She stuck her spear into the ground and pulled herself. The boss had almost half its hp since last she check. Vargas must had landed a critical attack or something. She did not want let down her teammate. 

"Round two! Stupid elf, is that all ya got!"

ID# 71010 results:

Battle: 4

Row missed the elf.

Row lunged at the elf with her spear fully extended, and she lost her balance tripping onto the ground. "Oof" 

Dark Elf 27/50

Row 17/20 Energy 0/1 Hate: 1

Vargas 100/100 Energy: 7/10 Hate: 1

Edited by Row

(Energy +1)

It didn't take long after Row picked herself up before she tripped. Vargas charged forward as Row lost her balance to give her cover. He brought his sword in an uppercut swing parrying the dark elf attack from hitting Row. Bringing his sword back he initiated his <<Snake Bite>> sword skill releasing the tri-angular attack and sent the mob a couple steps backwards, giving Row and him some breathing room. He watched as the dark elf's hp dropped into the yellow. Turning a little so as to keep an eye on their proxy, Vargas offered a hand to Row for support.

ID #71013 (Dark Elf)

Battle: 2

ID #71014 (Vargas)

Battle: 6+1(Acc)= 7

DMG: (1+1)*3=6 ((Base)+(Sword Skill))*(Snake Bite)

"I got your back. You good?" Vargas asked while he check his hud for his teammates status. She didn't have any sort of debuts and her hp had remained the same. Once she'd gotten up he'd turned back to the dark elf and steadied his blade. "I'm gonna have to pull back out of its immediate range just in case since I'll have likely drawn it's aggro off of you."

Dark Elf 21/50

Row 17/20 Energy: 0/2 Hate: 1

Vargas 100/100 Energy: 5/10 Hate: 2

Edited by Vargas

"Thank you Vargas!" He was really fast and useful for sharing aggro of the boss. Looking at the elf, Row saw Vargas going in for a attack after the boss made an opening. "Time for a combination attack." She ran forward while yelling. Her spear was held in front of her while her shield was up ready to block the next attack. All she had to do now was make use of the opening that her teammate was making for her. Vargas's sword glowed brightly as before he unleashed another wave of furry attacks. The elf staggered and started looking at him. Then he mentioned he had to pull back because he obtained too much aggro. "Copy all, don't worry, I got this!" 

ID# 71094 results:

Battle: 1

She lunged forward but ended up tripping over a pebble, not just any pebble though. It was the mithirl pebble of player tripping. She gripped the ground as she watched the elf continued facing Vargas.

Dark Elf 21/50

Row 17/20 Energy: 0/1 Hate: 1

Vargas 100/100 Energy: 5/10 Hate: 2

Edited by Row

(Now realizing I screwd up dice, so I'll fix it starting from this post.)

Vargas had just stepped back to get out of the Dark Elfs aggro range, when Row charged forward yelling. Her shield was held forward, ready to pierce through the enemy, while her shield was brought up in preparation. The elf was looking at him still from the aggro draw, which helped leave a perfect opening for her. She had great stride and was covering distance quickly to deal what could've been assumed as large damage. However, it began to dawn on Vargas that Row might just be a klutz as she tripped over a pebble, once again. He was gonna have to talk to her about that later.

The dark elf still continued to stare at Vargas, not caring about the klutz. What did it care? It's not like she was meant to take notice of anything but the aggro that was made from the fighting. Vargas chose to charge forward with his sword drawn charging his <<Snake Bite>> once more. He was hoping to deal the most damage he possibly could with his three strike sword skill but so far he hadn't gotten lucky with any crits.

ID #71133

Battle: 8+1(Acc)=9

DMG: 6

Mob: 8

DMG: 30

The attack landed excellently, dealing further damage to the mob. It staggered back once more, but this time charged it's own attack. Vargas was still stuck in his freeze frame from the attack and couldn't dodge. He tried moving out of the way at the last minute but wasn't fast enough. He was forced to suffer through the loss of his left arm as he moved to the side. "Damn it!" Vargas yelled as he jumped back from the dark elf. He saw in his HUD that he was stuck with the <<Dismemberment>> debuff.

Dark Elf 15/50

Row 17/20 Energy: 0/2 Hate: 1

Vargas 70/100 Energy: 3/10 Hate: 3

Edited by Vargas

As Vargas ran at the elf, Row tried to warn him that he still had aggro. "Wait, Vargas. The mob will attack you if you dont stop." She picked herself off the ground but it was too late. The two were already engage in a trade of blows. Once again, Varus landed his sword art, but it came at a price. The elf managed to land a powerful blow that sliced off his arm. Not only that but Varus lost over 25% of his hp. This was terrible. Sure, she was getting hit hard, but she never took that much damage before nor has she ever lost an arm. She had to do something quick or the arm would be the least of their worries.

ID# 71135 results:

Battle: 3

She ran at the Elf and lunged her spear however the elf evaded using its flexibility to evade. "Argh don't ignore me elf!" She lunged one more time but ended up tripping again. "Ouchie."

Dark Elf 15/50

Row 17/20 Energy: 0/2 Hate: 1

Vargas 70/100 Energy: 3/10 Hate: 3

Edited by Row

(Energy +1)

Vargas held his sword at the ready to block the dark elf's next attack. He couldn't take any more than a couple attacks before he'd be screwed. Vargas watched as Row charged the elf with her spear. It dodged the attack easily, which seemed to piss off Row. She charged again but ended up sprawled on the ground once more.

ID #71237

Mob: 6

DMG: 30

Once again, the dark elf ignored Row's presence. She might've been closer, and thus a larger threat, but the continuos hits and aggro generated put Vargas at the top of it's list. The dark elf charged forward with an uppercut which Vargas was able to parry easily. He shoved it off before rolling to the side, trying to add more distance between them. However, the dark elf slashed down at him and caught his leg, dropping his current health even further, and dropping it into the yellow.

Once again, the dark elf ignored Row's presence. She might've been closer, and thus a larger threat, but the continuos hits and aggro generated put Vargas at the top of it's list. The dark elf charged forward with an uppercut which Vargas was able to parry easily. He shoved it off before rolling to the side, trying to add more distance between them. However, the dark elf slashed down at him and caught his leg, dropping his current health even further, and dropping it into the yellow.

Dark Elf 15/50

Row 17/20 Energy: 0/2 Hate: 1

Vargas 40/100 Energy: 4/10 Hate: 3

Edited by Vargas

Row's heart thumped when the elf ran to her friend. It thumped again when it launched its uppercut. Her heart nearly busted out of her chest when the elf launched its second attack. The attack connected sending Row into a panic. For the first time ever, she stopped smiling. For the first time, she learned why a death game was not a game. Time slowed down as everything in her head spun and whirled. She had to do something, she had to save Vargas. She let out a desperate cry as she charged the elf. She needed to land a critical. That was the only thing she had left that could save him.

ID# 71246 results:

Battle: 5

However the dice gods were not on her side. Not only did she fail to land a crit, she failed to hit the elf at all. The creature swatted away her attack like a fly sending Row into the dirt. Then it continued hunting down Vargas without mercy. Tears ran down Row's face as she gripped the virtual dirt. She wondered why she couldn't hit the damn creature. Why it constantly dodged her. Was it her level? Was it her skill? Was it just a sick joke? What could she do?

Edited by Row