[PP-F3] <<Worn Out Welcome>> (Row/Morgenstern) (Complete)

Invited by Row

(Description of Shield and Armor and sword in My spoiler in my sig)

Jonathan stood on the outside of the Forest of Wavering Mist. He was planning on doing the Hoya of Mios quest, but he would have to wait until nightfall for the forest to turn into the maze. He sighed and sat on the ground. He had on his armor, shield and sword, that was he would stay a bit warm. It was a bit uncomfortable though. The silver steel metal was kind of hard. It was okay, he did not plan to sleep, because sleep PKing was now a thing. He pricked up when he heard something. It was the sound of pounding, and a faint cry. Jonathan was onto his feet in seconds. What was happening? Was someone player killing? Was it a player about to die? Or was it a false alarm? Jonathan came into a clearing, and seen two players. One beginning to get dangerously low on health, the other seemed to be very low leveled. He then looked at what the attacker was. The Dark Elf. Jonathan growled. He had almost died from this once. He stepped into view and the clearing, the sun glinting off his Celestial Ascendant shield and silver armor that covered his entire body. The golden slots where he was supposed to see were glowing a fierce gold. He looked at the Elf and <<Howled>> louder than he had ever before. Emotion and passion drove his words and actions now. He pointed his blade, that somehow was now in his hand, at the male whose health was low. You are done attacking. Back off a bit until I can get more control on this thing. He turned to the woman. You back off as well. I wish for there to be no casualties. He held his shield forward ready to be attacked by the elf. His mind on an almost robotic mode. Protect players. 

Health Bars

Spoiler

Jonathan 620/620 <<62/62>> Hate: 3

Row 17/20 Energy: 0/2 Hate: 1

Vargas 40/100 Energy: 4/10 Hate: 3

Dark Elf 15/50 <<Attacking Jonathan>> 

Jonathan's Stats

Spoiler

Lv.31 HP 620 Energy 62

7 Base DMG

92 Mit

1 Paralyze (Removes 1 enemy turn if user hit on a unmodified roll of 9 or 10)

2 Regeneration ( Heals you 36 HP  after every attack turn from your opponent

Battle Healing [2] (Heals 20 HP Every turn while in Combat

More in Signature Spoiler

@Vargas @Row

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vargas felt everything slow down. What was it with near death experiences slowing down time? It just made the expectation of death so much longer and aggravating. He'd joined this game to escape reality. He got his wish by being stuck in here. Now he might end up taking it one step further. This might literally be his release from the pain he'd suffered for so long. Vargas felt like his body was just becoming drowsy. There was no point in fighting much longer. He couldn't do anything to stop it. His arm was gone, the elf was towering over him, and Row didn't seem able to help.

Vargas's squinted his eyes a bit as a glint of light flashed into them. It felt almost cliche to him that he'd be seeing a light, if it wasn't for the howling sound heard accompanying the light. Vargas shoved the elf off of him once more and rolled out of the way as it's attention was drawn away from it's earlier proxy. Looking to where the sound had come from he saw a guy with silver armor, along with a gold and silver kite shield.

You are done attacking. Back off a bit until I can get more control on this thing.

Vargas sheathed his blade and moved away from the newcomer. He quickly moved over to where Row was and helped her up with his good arm.

ID #71321

Mob: 7

DMG: 30-54(Mit)=1

As Vargas moved away with Row the elf reworked it's aggro, now including the new player. The sudden increase in aggro and the distance applied from it's target having left, made Morgenstern more of a threat and thus its new target. It charged forward with it's blade streaking downwards on to Morgenstern. The attack easily hit but the sword and elf were sent back with no noticeable difference to Morngenstern's health.

Dark Elf 15/50 

Row 17/20 Energy 0/2 Hate: 1

Vargas 40/100 Energy 5/10 Hate: 3

Morgenstern 619/620 Energy: 62/62 Hate: 3

Edited by Vargas

It felt as if a knight in shining armor arrived on a steed of justice and hope. The difference here was that the guy was not riding a horse and she was not the damsel in distress. This did not make her any less happy as her friend's life was saved. Nothing could beat that feeling. Tears did not stop rolling down her face, especially when Vargas offered her his hand. She was not even that hurt and yet Vargas was standing over here. She grabbed his hand and picked herself up but it did not end there. A loud cry exploded from her as she tackled Vargas and started crying in his chest. "You baka! baka! Why didn't you stand back and let me tank." 

Suddenly something hit her. He was still a stranger, why did she feel this way. Still she kept crying in his chest not wanting give into logic. After a few more seconds of crying and calling him stupid, she managed to calm herself down and look up at their hero. He clearly was a high level cause he could use a skill she never seen before. He just shouted and the mob targeted him instead. It was a true tank skill. Still, she did not want to just give up. Unlike Vargas, she still had some spunk in her. Though her attack might miss, she still wanted to charge forward and fight with this hero. 

ID# 71322 results:

Battle: 10
Row crited the Elf for 5 and inflict bleed (12 damage for 2 turns) and Stun (1 turn). The Elf will die on its turn. 

The elf was not looking at anybody but the new player and thus was wide open to Row. She screamed while running at the elf. The elf did not move. She jumped into the air and then impaled her spear through its back. Then she dragged it down and nearly cut the elf in half. The Elf froze and blood started dripping from its back. It fell on one knee and its death was sealed. 

"I did it.. I DID IT! I HIT THE STUPID ELF MWHAHAHAH"

Dark Elf 10/50 Bleeding (2/2) and stun (1/1)

Row 17/20 Energy 0/2 Hate: 3

Morgenstern 619/620 Energy: 62/62 Hate: 3

Edited by Row

Jonathan watched as the injured player sheathed his blade and backed away, only to get tackled by the crying woman, who was obviously concerned about her friends safety. With a slight cackle, the dark eld began to advance on his, speeding forward and striking Jonathan's silver armor with its knife. The damage did not really effect him at all, and the dark elf drew back. Jonathan took a minute to think about finishing this off, but it appeared that these two players had it all covered. Jonathan sheathed his blade and let out another <<Howl>> . As he did so, the woman of the group snuck forward, stabbing the elf right in the back undetected. With a cry and a strange laugh, the girl happily skpped away. The dark elf shrieked in agony, and bleeding sealed its fate. Jonathan looked over to the injured blond boy. I have a strong amount of hate over you, the deal has already been sealed, but you can strike now.  Jonathan returned his attention to the elf, thrusting his shield  to get the creature moving and on its feet. The creature no longer stood a chance and no one would die now. It was qyite possible that both of these players might have did, if Jonathan had not shown up in time. What If I was not nearby. That would have added two to the wall. 

Jonathan looked down at his shield, which faintly began to glow, as it healed his wounds. It was unnecessary because his own Battle Healing would have done the same, but it did not matter. Jonathan kept the elf on its feet, with small pushes from his shield. He mentally screamed at the elf. You will NEVER get another life. You jave taken FAR too many. perhaps when you die, you should just stay DEAD! 

Spoiler

Dark Elf 10/50 Bleeding (2/2) and stun (1/1)

Row 17/20 Energy 0/2 Hate: 3

Morgenstern 620/620 Energy: 62/62 Hate: 6

Vargas was somewhat dumbfounded to see Row crying over him. Sure, he'd come close to dying but she didn't know him. Worry was one thing, but out like crying and best thing the crap out of him was another.  Vargas just pat her head trying to calm her down. When she did she turned to the mob. He just watched as Row charged the mob once more screaming. The elf's attention was stuck to the kite shield user, leaving an easy opening for Row. Half expecting her to miss, again, he was actually glad to see her deal quite a bit of damage to it and leave a bleed effect. He gave a slight grin as she came skipping back.

The dark elf quickly turned to Row to retaliate but another howl from Morgenstern drew it's attention back. It attempted to move towards Morgenstern, but was unable to move due to it's paralysis status effect. It growled in feirce anger, unable to attack it's target and end it's miserable life.

(Forgot it was stunned so ignore this)

ID #71408

Mob: 5

Edited by Vargas

Rei turned to the new player who jumped into the fight and saved Vargas. There was so much she wanted to say. Before that though, there was one thing she knew she must do. She walked closer to him and returned her shield and spear to her inventory. Then she bowed to the man. "Thank you so much for saving my friend when I could not. I don't know how I... could have lived with myself... had he died." Tears started forming in her eyes again. She was not a murderer, nor had she every lost anyone in her life. Death was but an afterthought in her short youthful experience that was all about fun. To be honest, she never once thought about it until now. 

"I have failed my job as a tank... I cannot accept my portion of the reward so please take it in my stead." 

Satisfied with her show of gratitude, she ran to Vargas and tugged on his arm so that his head was closer to her so she could whisper in his ear. "Look! I was only crying because I didn't want to be the reason you died... Don't misunderstand or tell anyone ok!"

Oh and the elf bleed to death and didn't drop anything because loot requirements were not met

Jonathan watched as the poor dark elf burst into data, from the woman's bleed on the creature. Jonathan sighed and pushed the small unnoticable button on the side of his helm. His helmet vanished revealing his blond hair and his face. The woman immediately began to thank him, and Jonathan rose a hand, shushing her. I did not do it for, and so I do not deserve any thanks. I am just relieved I have made it here on time. It appears to me that neither of you have any armor at all, and are quite low leveled. Tell me, why would you still move out? It does not really matter I guess. Jonathan looked away, leaving the two to themselves to converse for a moment. These players were an example of why he did what he did. He returned his gaze to the two. I really don't expect anything, but if you need help or anything, find me.... I am around. I will gladly prevent death. You thank me, but have no idea who I am or my motives. Jonathan smiled faintly, and continued, "My name is Morgenstern, but most people call me Jonathan. I am the founder and Tank Paladin of the Celestial Ascendants, a guild based on helping and raising lower leveled players. The blond smiled, he had no idea how they would respond to this information. 

Vargas blushed st the sudden closeness to Row, but quickly returned to normal when he realized she was just saving face. He gave a slight nod to show that he understood. Using his arm to get up he pushed off from the ground, almost losing his footing as the balance wasn't quite right without his other arm. Either the debuff would eventually vanish or he'd have to wait till he got back to town. "We did the quest because of me. I wanted to complete it to earn the armor that is awarded. It's my fault things ended up as they are. The fault's not hers," Vargas said, answering his earlier question. When they guy carried on saying how they didn't know him he just nodded. The guy talked like he was a knight from romantic medieval times, the times people think- or wish- they were like. Has to be a larper. Like the dialogue the guy is saying screams larper, Vargas thought to himself. I wonder if people take offense to being called a larper or just accept it as a role?

After the now named Morgenstern, or Jonathan, finished telling of his guild Vargas just cocked his head to the side and shook it slightly, "Never heard of it, though I'm kind of low-level and don't pay attention to what you guys have been doing on the front lines since I joined."

When Vargas started blushing, she also started blushing. However she was not ready to show such an emotion after making that earlier comment so she folded her arms and turned around to hid it. She did catch him nodding in agreement so she was happy. However something knocked her out of this embarrassing expression shortly after. Their hero was being all hero like and refused her offer. She felt so relieved because she really wanted that money. A grin appeared on her face which she hid behind her hand. However, his next statement would confused her. He said neither of them had armor. Why it was true that Vargas had no armor and was going to die because of it, Row was a different story. Not only did she have a set of perfect heavy armor, The Deflective Gauntlets which almost made the boss do minimal damage to her. She also had a shield which could reflect the damage back at the boss. She was far from armorless. 

"But i do have armor..." Row pointed to her gauntlets and shield, "That is why I was hired as a tank."

When they guy mentioned that we should not just trust him without knowing who he was, she wondered if he was over reaction. Had he been one of those rumored player killers, then he could have just watched us die or kill steal the boss. "It ok, If you were a bad guy, then you would not have used that cool yell attack that distracted the boss." She then bowed once more, "My name is R.O.W."

Edited by Row

Jonathan listened to the two responses, and the male said he had never heard of the guild as he did not pay attention to frontlines. We are not exactly A frontline guild, nor will we probaly ever, our purpose dimnishes that. Anyway, that is enough about my guild, why don't we go ahead and turn that armor in? It should be best. Jonathan looked to the woman, who was giving him quite the strange look. He argued that she had armor, and Jonathan facepalmed. He seriously did not notice any of her armor or shield, perhaps he just looked at the man with all of the damage taken. Okay, I see that now, how did he get to be the one being attacked then? It is important for a tnak to gain the hate of their opponent before their friends or else it would just be pointless to be a tank. Jonathan sighed and decided to give it up. They did not have as much SP as he had invested so the girl, Row, would not have any hate skills. Quick question though, you plan on being tank period? Or just for now? He was quite curious on this matter, because the frontlines needed to see upcoming tanks. He and Khrysaor were the only ones so far that he knew of if this girl wasn't included. 

Vargas agreed with the suggestion of leaving and turning in his quest. "Let's walk and talk then. It'll be a little while to cover the distance anyways." Vargas suggested to the other two. There wasn't much to worry about anyways in between the forest and town. Hearing Jonathan's question Vargas tried to think about how to explain. "I drew too much aggro without thinking about the reprecutions...plus, she didn't seem able to hit the broadside of a castle wall." Vargas said after considering the facts. After this, Vargas looked to Row to answer Jonathan's question. Was she going to be a tank? If so, she did have some ways to go before she reached that point. Thinking it over, getting the same howling ability Jonathan had would probably do the trick. Looking to Jonathan he considered that maybe the next time he needed a tank he'd ask him. Just for practicality, not to be mean.

Edited by Vargas

Row started sulking and lowered to the ground after being reminded of her failure. Swirling her finger in the dirt, she stated her excuse, "I told you already... I couldn't hit the boss." If was not like she did not have a plan, in fact, if Vargas would just have backed off everything would of worked. Luck was just not on her side for this battle or most battles if she was honest. Still she was a treasure hunter and she needed her luck there. Her eyes started to glow when Vargas admitted he made a mistake. He was a nice guy to take the blame or at least was until his next comment made fun of her inability to hit the creature. She froze in shock as if she was just stabbed by a rusty blade, but instead a physical blade, it was a verbal one of betray and evil. "Vargas!!" She whined while stomping her feet in protest to his comment. Before she could continue, Jonathan started asking if she wanted to be a tank. She froze and moved her finger to her lip. Ideally she wanted to be the a super guild leader that supplied the front lines but she also did not want to die. That was why she had heavy armor and was so tanky even now. "I... I never thought that far. I kind of just wanted to look for treasure. If I become a tank will i get a lot of treasures?"

Edited by Row

Jonathan listened to the blond agree to turning in the quest. He then made a joke about Row not being able to hit. Jonathan chuckled as Row whined in reply. This is quite entertaining. I wonder if these two are a couple... He turned his attention to Row who was contemplating about being a tank. It appeared she was completely wanting to find treasure. Hmm... It is possible for a tank to find a lot of treasure, but it would have to be a Scout Hybrid Build. Meaning you would actually have to invest SP into Scouting, and then Later invest into Tanking Skills. If you want to find treasure though, and still be able to go alone, then Invest into Scout and just wear heavy armor. It was a shame this girl wanted to be a scout, but it was the road she and many others wanted to take. Jonathan had no want to change that on them He was not going to go out of his way to change someones way of thinking. Anyway, If you want to be a proper tank, you can't invest into other categories. Tank is a hard thing to hybrid. Now it would be easy to Hybrid Scout healer, or Scout Damage Dealer. Jonathan left his final words there. 

(OOC: Sorry, took me a bit to try to think of what to write.)

Vargas lead the way back out of the forest. He casually listened to the conversation the other two were having at the moment. Seemed tanking was hard. Especially, when going as a hybrid tank. Vargas considered what it was he wanted to go. He chose the one-handed sword just because it felt right in his hands. The balance wasn't perfect with his <<Anneal Blade>> but he figured that it'd be different when he got better weapons. "So are you a pure tank player or a hybrid tank yourself Jonathan?" Vargas when Jonathan stopped explaining Scout hybrids. He turned over his shoulder to look at him, but in doing so he tripped over a root that he'd missed in the fog. His eyes shot open in shock as he realized he was falling and tried to catch himself but couldn't, his arm was still missing. He twisted around as best he could and landed on his butt and rolled backwards to get to his knees. Feeling a little disoriented, he tried to get up but fell to his left and landed next to the tree from which the root seemed to originate.

"Hybrid..." This game was so interesting. "If being a tank and scout is hard... then that means nobody else is doing it. That means it's a treasure!" She giggled and raised her arms. "That is what I want to do then. I will be the unkillable treasure hunter and be able to give all my friends a 'hand'" She turn to Vargas with a mischievous grin. Before Vargas could respond, he tripped over something. Falling to the ground, he appeared to try to catch himself with his missing arm, which was not going to work. He ended up rolling around in the dirt in a silly manner, which Row could not help but laugh at. This was very serious but so funny. "I'm sorry, but you're funny without your arm. Will it grow back?" She snickered more in an attempt to hold herself back. She meant for that question to come off a little more serious but when you are in a game... it's hard to take things serious.

As Row thought for a second, Vargas asked an easy and simple question. Am I a hybrid? No I am not. As my main priority at the moment is being strong enough to tank bosses. He head Row begin to speak and he turned. She thought out loud and contemplated that if being a tank hybrid is hard, then that means nobody else is doing it, meaning that it is a treasure. Hmm... I would not say that really. I don't think there is any scout ones, but for sure there are some damage dealers out there that can take a hit as well. What is more rare then Tank Hybrids is pure tanks, but most people are being Hybrids so they don't die, and it gives their avatar more flexibility. Row appeared to taking in his words like a sponge, and Jonathan was happy to lend information away, even though he had never received the same. Jonathan watched as Vargas tripped, trying to catch himself with an arm that was not there. I have never loss a limb in this game yet, It probably is a matter of time before I do though. 

He glared at Row who was laughing at him. It didn't take long for him to catch on to her earlier pun. Vargas attempted to get up once more, this time with more control and a steadier head."I'm good. I've still got a hand. I'm sure the other will come back when we get to the town. It shows up in my HUD as a status effect, so I doubt it's permanent." His shoulder moved a little for an unknown reason to the others before he said grinning, "you can't see it right now but I'm giving you guys a thumbs up." He dropped his shoulder before continuing on down the trail out of the forest. 

Calling over his shoulder to Morgenstern, "I think it was due to the amount of damage I was talking to an unprotected zone. I imagine if I'd taken more damage than that to my neck I would've been....well beheaded." Vargas thought about that image before pushing it away. He'd nearly died and was trying to keep himself calm about it. It wouldn't do him any good to lose it at this point. If anything he could at least wait till they weren't near him before he lost himself to the torrent of emotions that was occurring for him. It took everything he had just to keep his avatar from showing how he really felt.

She was disappointed to hear that her new build path was not the rarest one but it would not deter her. Picking a path was not about being different. She was a treasure hunter before everything. She listened as Vargas and Jonathan continued speaking about tank stuff like how a lot of people try to get a little tanky. She would not blame them. Her friend nearly died because he was not very tanky. She was unstoppable at level 1 because she was very tanky. Then the conversation shifted to Vargas arm, or lack thereof. She snickered again as he got up but was a little disappointed when he did not fall again. However, his comment about giving them a thumbs up did send her into another fit of laughter. "Well, maybe next time you won't take my aggro." She marched forward ahead of the group as if she was the heroine. 

Edited by Row

Jonathan listened the two players, Vargas was on the topic of not having an arm, but as far as Jonathan knew, it would come back. With a smile Jonathan stepped into the safe zone. It has been... Interesting here with you two today, I hope we will not meet again under the same circumstances. Jonathan equipped his Jacket, as he would not be engaging in any combat. I do plan to see you two again, I am not sure if it will be soon though. Well, This is goodbye I guess. I will see you some other time. With a wave, Jonathan smiled and turned. It was good to be able to save somebody, but it kinda sucked that it was on his day off. He would do it again. He would sacrifice all of his off days to help another player not die. He also was able to meet two new players who may rise in the ranks. Most did not, but he had a feeling with as much energy as those two had. With a smile, Jonathan faded off into the distance. 

When they entered the proximity of the safe zone Vargas saw the status box disappear from his HUD and his missing arm slowly phased back in from the shoulder till the fingers reappeared. Vargas swung his arm around and rotated it feeling it actually be there once again. Looking at Jonathan, "Hopefully we don't, but at least if that happens to be the case I know we can count on you to help." He gave a curt wave back to Jonathan as he left.

Turning back around Vargas traveled down back the roads to the blacksmith's shop. "We're back," said Vargas. After handing over the items that the blacksmith wanted from killing the dark elf he was prompted with a Quest Completion window. It gave him a choice of a Leather Coat or a Dragon Bone Cuirass. He selected the coat before exiting. He'd gotten a little exp which would definitely help. The equipment would help keep him alive longer too. "Thanks for the help Row," Vargas genuinely said when he exited the house.