[PP-NK-F1] Seeking col (with Sey) {Complete}

Dominion noticed the critical sign show above the boar's head, which gave him the all clear. moving to the side in an attempt to hit the boar almost the instant Sey removed the jabbed spear from its leg. Dominion did not want to swing his giant great axe while being so close to the boar. Instead of bringing the blade above his head, he flipped the great axe around so the hilt was facing the boar. He ran forward, keeping the bottom of the axe in line with the boars main body, smashing into the boar. A critical sign came up above the boar as it was knocked to the side, making a rather nice sized dent in the health bar. Dominion looked at the bar with confusion. "How does that create a critical hit? That was just the hilt of this terrible weapon, not even the blade." Dominion quickly shrugged the random success away and hoped there would be another for Sey.

Spoiler

ID# 72028

Battle: 10 (Critical Success) [1+2=3 Dmg to Boar]

Sey- 200/200 HP, 6/20 energy, Dmg 3, MIT 9 Hate: 10

Battle Healing: +5 HP per turn

Dominion- 60/60 HP, 6/6 energy, Dmg 1, MIT 3 Hate: 8

Boar 17/100

Edited by Dominion
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another critical hit from his partner, which would put the amount of hate on both sides about as close to each other as they were back in the past. Unfortunately, this meant that there was still a chance for the hate to be shifted towards the other direction. But the good news was that the boar was put in the red zone, and one more hit was all that was needed. However, Sey was the one who was taking the brunt of the attacks in the process, and he was unable to find a way to get through to the boar unfortunately. So because of this, he would end up placing his spear up defensively while moving backwards, only to fail at defending himself at one point and taking a nudge from the enemy's set of tusks to the stomach. However, he would just merely flinch from the attack before continuing to move back, and no further taken had been dealt for that turn. Hopefully he could end this soon enough.

Sey- 200/200 HP, 7/20 energy, Dmg 3, MIT 9 Hate: 10

Boar 17/100

ID: 72030

BD: 5

MD: 9 (10 - 9 = 1 Dmg)

Edited by Sey

Forgoing action

Dominion watched his partner go into the defensive position, and placed his great axe at his side. He took a rather large step back in order to give Sey space for another sword art, if Sey would get the chance. He proceeded to lean against the hilt of the axe, realizing how many attacks they had made during this amount of time. Dominion didn't necessarily want to stop making attacks, especially when his attacks would do so little when they did hit. However, by not attacking, he might give Sey enough time to either defeat the boar with a sword art or just allow Sey the time to rebuild hate against the boar, which would give Dominion a few more hits at best. Dominion wouldn't complain with either result from this battle, and instead decided to double check if Wolfie was nearby. When he looked at his friends icon, it was not on his floor, so he got of the list and began watching the battle, ready to jump in when the time seemed right.

Sey- 200/200 HP, 7/20 energy, Dmg 3, MIT 9 Hate: 10

Boar 17/100

Or maybe staying back away from the battle works as well. Whatever happened at the end of the day, as long as the boar was defeated, was just about all right in the opinion of Sey. A clear opening was created with the movements of the boar, and it did not seem to notice the side as it was being left unguarded so that it could keep attacking from the right. So with one swift movement, he'd leap forward towards the left all of a sudden to cause the boar to spin too sharply. As a result, it would skid against the ground before the player jumped into the air above the boar. He then slammed the boars legs twice upon arrival to the ground. That was the hate needed, though it won't matter at this point. Based on what he could see, the health bar was so low, it probably would only require a poke to end its life.

Sey- 200/200 HP, 3/20 energy, Dmg 3, MIT 9 Hate: 11

Boar 5/100

ID: 72035

BD: 7

MD: 3

Edited by Sey

Dominion noticed the very low health bar and decided there was no longer reason to hold back any hits. So, moving to the boars right side, he lifted the giant great axe above his head with both his arms. He moved his arms forward and his left leg back to keep a balanced stance as he struck at the boar. The hit of the axe against the boars hide was not much for cutting, but did do a small amount of damage. Sey needed a good hit on the boar, but either way this battle was coming to a close. "Just one more hit from you and the battle will be over. There is not much left of this boar, and I do not wish to drag on the battle against this boar too much longer." Dominion did not put his axe down, but instead prepared for another attack on the off-chance that the battle would be prolonged.

Spoiler

ID# 72066

Battle: 6 (hit) [1 Dmg to the boar]

Sey- 200/200 HP, 3/20 energy, Dmg 3, MIT 9 Hate: 11

Dominion- 60/60 HP, 6/6 energy, Dmg 1, MIT 3 Hate: 9

Boar 4/100

Edited by Dominion

He did not have enough energy to carry out another maiming blow. Some strain in his body prevented him from doing so every time he tried to use it. But he still did have a chance to use a regular sword art. Snake bite. He'd lunge his body at the boar quickly once again at the sacrifice of nearly all his energy as he would aim for the neck of the boar twice in a roar. Upon stabbing that area twice, the boar would fall over before shattering into pieces of light all at once. With a smile on his face, Sey would place the spear head down on the ground as he leaned his weight on the pole, knowing that they had just finished the fight off. Seems like he was able to protect a player in his weakest state. "Well, seems like we did it, eh? That was easy enough."

Sey- 200/200 HP, 1/20 energy, Dmg 3, MIT 9 Hate: 12

Sword Art: Snake Bite: (2 x 1)

Dominion- 60/60 HP, 6/6 energy, Dmg 1, MIT 3 Hate: 9

Boar 0/100

ID: 72248

BD: 7

MD: 3

LD: 19 (500 Col + 2 Mats)

Edited by Sey

Dominion shrugged his shoulders as he began to relax his muscles from combat. He placed the hilt of the axe on the ground with the double blade above his head. "Yeah, we really are on a roll." Dominion didn't apply much of his weight to his right side, considering he didn't know about how durable the hilt was at face value. He decided to rest his body where he stood by going into a contraposto form, keeping one knee slightly bent. He began to wonder about what he would do with all the currency they might make from these battles, especially against such great foes. He had intentions on making a piece of heavy armor that would keep him alive if he were to be attacked, but maybe he wouldn't if that didn't fit his line of work or would be too expensive. All he needed was better gear, so practically anything would work.

"Just... Give me a moment to rest." Sey would explain as he would place his hands behind the back of his head before looking around from left to right to see what else might have been around them. Nothing at the current moment, but that could change at any instance. As of right now, he energy did not suggest that they would do too well against an enemy that would appear all of a sudden. Not due to damage, but due to a lack of energy. Nothing special like the sword arts would be used if they engaged in combat without a bit of rest in the process. That was why he planned on getting a different skill later on, meditation, which should be able to cover him and his energy if he was able to get lucky enough, which he knew he would be. It was a thing that helped his balance a lot more. So with this, he would place his hands in his pockets.  "Well, what's the next approach? Wanna try another one? Look for loot? Or go home? I'm down for anything."

1/3 posts out of combat.

Edited by Sey

"Well, I need to collect materials and apparently doing these battles can, at times, bring them. I am also up for looking for loot, but I have no idea where to look." Dominion said with some thought. "After, of course, we take a decent sized break from combat. My great axe is surprisingly not in any worse of a condition than it started out being, so that is a relief." Dominion remained standing beside the great axe, eyeing its general quality. The blade had not dulled any more, mostly because it was already dull when he had gotten it, but no other cracks or needs for repair were visible. He just shrugged and turned back to his partner. "So, if we were to search for loot on this floor, where would we go? Does loot usually just spawn? And if not, is there a spot where it will most probably be?" Dominion had been in the grasslands of the first floor only in passing previous to this day.

He would cross his arms as he would be asked the question based on the loot. Materials were a part of loot as well, so he could look around to get the tier one materials. "Nah, I meant the materials. You tend to find some if you look hard enough. I don't really need them in all honesty, but I'm sure you could make better use of them than I do." Sey would explain before placing his hands in his pockets before continuing his explanation. "Though treasure chests are also a thing as well, and we have spent a decent amount of time outside. Sometimes they arrive, and sometimes they don't. It's out of chance, though I believe the chances are increased if we actually go out of our way to search for it." He'd explain. It was just a theory, it was not like he was able to get a chest before. Heck, he never even got one opened up before either, like he tried to do in his first day inside of the game.

2/3 posts out of combat.

Dominion payed very close attention to his partner explain that when he said "loot" he meant " material". His partner made it seem like materials were all around them, and that they just had to look around well enough to find them. Then he heard mention to finding one of these so called "Treasure Chests", which intrigued Dominion greatly, especially since he had never seen one in this game before. However, the comment made prior to this, about the materials being found if the person who looked for them was looking hard enough, also intrigued him. So because of that, he commented back to his partner, "We should definitely look for materials then, with the possibility of finding a treasure chest along the way. After we find a couple materials, I say we go looking for a treasure chest, and make that be our main goal before calling it a day."

OOC- I accidently left two filler posts, so we have 10 more posts to make before we find treasure. I'll look for a staff member to handle them ASAP

He would nod his head when he explained that he would be looking for materials, possibly find some form of treasure chest if there even was one, then they could call it a day. That was fine by him, Sey did not mind waiting a bit. Though getting the materials was not exactly the most fun thing to do, it was better than to just roll around and watch as the grass continued to grow. Or perhaps not, there was little to no use for materials for him anyways. Placing his hands in his pockets, he would tilt his head to the side. "I am genuinely curious, Dom. What do you want? As in, what do you plan to do with the col? The materials? Obviously, buy and make stuff. But then what. What do you think your purpose is in this game?" Sey would ask. It was not often he was the one asking other people. Usually, it was the other way around. but he might as well be the one to say it this time.

*Energy Restored*

When Dominion was targeted by his partners question, "What do you want", Dominion was going to reply with better gear, but when his partner elaborated on the question, he was almost stunned. Dominion knew what he wanted to do. He wanted to become a Nomadic Healer. He intended to be an asset to those who could required his abilities, but would move as he saw fit. When he put this idea into words, he told his partner, "I plan to become a healer, putting most of my skills into healing others as well as myself, and then, I will remain Nomadic, with no affiliation to any specific group or alliance, so that I may be of service to any and all who may require my skills. By doing this, I will allow myself my own free will in this game, as well as help players when I see fit. However, I need much better gear in order to acquire such traits, especially since I am basically a starter and these beginner mobs do so much to me. I figure that I will need custom made gear, after I come across regular gear, and level up in quests to get tier 2 items." Dominion just shrugged as this was all hypothetical, however he did hope he could last long enough to see it through.

"Healer, huh? That's a rare build, the frontlines could use a little bit more of that. Things are getting dangerous for the DPS builds. So you just want to be a free fighter doing whatever he wants, whenever he wants?" Sey would ask, tilting his head to the side, not quite sure if he got it right. If he did, that was good for him. But if not, he was curious to know what he meant. Things were getting a little rough for those who are fighting up in the front, the spaces are lacking the floors are only being cleared up so fast. Barely noticeable, the game has been going on for such a long time, it should not be so long. But Sey found out about how high the climb is, and it was a brutal one for sure. Placing his hands in his pockets, he would look to the side, thinking about his own meaning and what he wanted to do. Sure, fight on the frontlines. But he can't fight there forever. There had to be some other purpose for his existence in the game. Exploration was one thing, but he can't explore forever, now can he?

"Yeah, I hear that it is a rare build. And that is a pretty accurate understanding." Dominion was surprised slightly by how quickly he comprehended his statement. "Now, I was wondering if anyone in the high ranks were full healers, but I don't know anyone at that caliber to ask, so I just keep quiet about it." Dominion began to sit down, as he had been standing most of the day. As he sat in the grass, he turned his head to face towards Sey. "So what about you? You have something that you would like to accomplish in this game as we progress from one level to the next? I actually am about to have what I wanted from real life actually happen in this game." Dominion remembered his friend Wolfie, someone who he had been with a couple days previous to this day. "I don't necessarily know what will happen, but I think the people in this game have a chance to succeed. 

"I plan to be a guide for everyone, aiming for a balance build. this world revolves around four builds. DPS, Tank, Healer, and Scout. I want to fuse them all to make my own build, though it will require a lot of work to pull off for sure." Sey explained as he placed his hands in his pockets, refraining from looking for materials. Instead, he would just about swing his left leg a little bit as a habit, but nothing special. That hopefully answered what he needed to, since a balance is supposed to be able to help out anyone in any situation. Or at least, make sure that he was not left open for damage from an opponent. "Seeing how the game is nowadays, players are unable to help themselves without help. If the mercy of the players were non-existent, the rest of the new players have little to no hope. The goal for me is to strengthen them high enough so they don't know that sort of hopelessness."

Dominion heard these words and took them to heart. Sey seemed to be building a perfect build. That idea would most definitely be no easy feat, but Dominion couldn't think of a reason why it would be impossible. "That is definitely a interesting idea, to create a build of equal balance that can guide everyone seems to be a stretch, but I suppose it would be possible. Hopelessness is a part of life, a stepping stone which some must overcome to become strong, though, I suppose some people would be better off without it as they may have fell into deep sleep" Dominion remained sitting in his spot, but extended his had to pick a blade of grass. As he did so, the blade of grass instantly dissolved into many data particles. "What are these small specks of light fragmentation that come from these mobs and appear to come from this grass as well? I don't remember seeing this in the America's, The Asian countries, or anywhere else I have been to before. Do they affect us at all? Where do they go? They seem to just disappear into the air around us." Dominion was suddenly fixated on understanding these shiny blue particles coming from the plucked grass.

"I don't think the thought of anyone being trapped in this game is believed to be impossible, not just a stretch, but impossible. Unfortunately, we can't tell what is even possible and what is not. The game limits you only to the amount of work that you put into it. And only then will someone be able to do anything, even if one thinks it's a stretch or just a wonderful fantasy." Sey would explain as he would then get a little sense of the area around him. It was a chest possibly, they did exist, and he knew they were around here somewhere. It was hard to believe at first, but maybe this time they would be a little bit luckier with it. Shifting his eyes around, he would proceed to try to locate where one might be located, stepping around and keeping his senses sharp. It was a random time to find one for sure, but it was not completely impossible. Placing his palms inside of his hands, kept on trying to search.

"Oh are we looking for the treasure chest now?" Dominion had glanced to his partner as Sey finished his comment to see his partner began to eye around the area. His partner began stepping around as if in focused search. Dominion didn't want to be a drag, so he stood up from where he sat and began looking around the other way. They could have potentially missed a treasure chest behind them, but he didn't remember any as they had wandered this far. Dominion looked left and right from where he stood, as he did not see anything out of the ordinary. "You see anything over there? I don't thing there is anything from where we had passed just a few hours previous, so we might as well just keep moving." Dominion gave one last glance around the land, but turned to catch up to his partner as they search the land for a treasure chest.

"All right, I think it's nearby. I usually feel things on a whim, though it usually has lead me correctly. Though in this game, your luck needs to be extreme in order to even get a chance to open it. Keep searching." He explained, so sure of himself and his senses. And they were true as well, he nearly got to one of the treasure chests before, only for it to disappear right in front of his eyes in front of a player. As a result, no treasure, for it denies those who were unfortunate enough to find it too late. But now could be a chance to redeem from that moment. All they needed to do was find a treasure chest, though that on it's own served to be a tough task. This was where Sey wished he invested points in the scouting part of his build, which he has yet to develop. It was no time to regret now, they would have never taken down boars if he never invested skill points in fighting damage.