[PP-NK-F1] Seeking col (with Sey) {Complete}

Dominion heard Sey loud and clear. He opened up mouth and muttered Focus and... Dominion leaps from the ground with a small amount of lag following his body, as he brings the axe above his head. While coming down upon the boar, he whispers to himself a soft word "predict".  Dominion lands the blunt part of the great axe against the top of the boar's head. Its snout is smashed into the ground with such force. The health bar shows a critical hit, even though the health bar didn't move nearly at all. Dominion regained his composure and immediately realized the focus had just become even between them. "crud... should I attack one more time, just for the sake of attacking or wait for you to attract the attention again? Either way, the boar currently has equal attention between the two of us" Dominion said aloud.

Sey- 200/200 HP, 6/20 energy, Dmg 3, MIT 9 Hate: 6

Battle Healing: +5 HP per turn

Dominion- 53/60 HP, 6/6 energy, Dmg 1, MIT 3 Hate: 6

Boar- 39/100 HP, Dmg 10

Spoiler

ID# 71572

Battle: 10 (Critical Success) [1+2=3 Dmg to Boar]

Edited by Dominion
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a sudden moment as the Boar seemed to keep playing with Sey due to the amount of Hate he had stacked up. However, he was still the primary focus since he hit the high amount of hate first, therefore he was the one to be locked on. He needed to gain a little more hate to get the damage focus away from the one who was fighting alongside him. So he'd try to aim for another strike, though he was not so confident about it since he did not know what new approach to take for this scenario. So he'd just hope for the best as he lashed out forward with an outstretched spear in his grip, aiming to stab the stomach. However, due to a lack of attention, he'd hit the tusk and barely graze it as those same tusks launched him into the air, the critical sign being shown above his head. Without battle healing, that might have actually inflicted some damage. But at least he was able to obtain a little more hate in the process.

Sey- 200/200 HP, 6/20 energy, Dmg 3, MIT 9 Hate: 7

Boar- 36/100 HP, Dmg 10 [12-9+5 = No Dmg]

ID: 71597

BD: 8

MD: 10

Edited by Sey

Dominion took little notice to the Boar now seeming to put it's attention an Sey again. Dominion ran to the side opposing the boar, planning in his mind as he swiftly ran about every detail which protained to his next action. First I will side step past the boar as Sey does his next attack and hopefully land a successful hit. I know that a normal attack should leave the boar a little bit closer to defeat, especially since my best attack barely drains the health bar. All I need is a couple normal attacks and that will buy him enough time to do a final... Dominion didn't land his foot correctly on the ground and caused him to slip. He could not land an attack since the Great axe slipped out of his hands and onto the ground a few feet away from his body. He was pretty sure he would be fine since Sey most likely still had it's attention. Dominion began to stand back up, looking for the Great axe that slipped out from his hands.

Spoiler

ID# 71633

Battle: 1 (Critical Fail)

Sey- 200/200 HP, 6/20 energy, Dmg 3, MIT 9 Hate: 7

Boar- 36/100 HP, Dmg 10 

Edited by Dominion

The enemy had only a yellow mark, despite being pushed so far and so low in the amount of damage that it had taken. It was taking a beating and still standing. Then again, he should not talk, since that was just about his case, but no damage was being taken in the process. "My turn!" He'd exclaim as he lashed out the spear once again coating it in light blue light as his energy would decrease once again. It was a dangerous move, and he'd have to conserve energy from this moment on. But other than that, he should be good. Once again he'd aim for the legs, since he used Maiming blow on the enemy. He leaped forward without a care, not aiming for fancy tricks for he was trying to get a little pattern out of the NPC monster. Once he got within weapon range, uno slice, dos slice, and a leap back as he inflicted critical damage onto it once again. It returned the blow by knocking it's tusks at him, but once again, he was safe from the damage.

Sey- 200/200 HP, 2/20 energy, Dmg 3, MIT 9 Hate: 9

DMG: 4 x 4 = 16

Boar- 20/100 HP, Dmg 10 

ID: 71648

BD: 9

MD: 7

Edited by Sey

Dominion saw the great axe had slid several feet in front of him, and as he moved to go retrieve it, he took noticed to Sey. He moved forward and sliced at the boar, before doing a leap back. A change in color made it pretty obvious that he had done near maximum damage. Dominion just stood still and watched as the action was made. He ran over to the great axe, just barely not sliding past it. He picked up the hilt and turned around to get a strike at the boar. Making long strides forward, he stuck out the axe and hoped that he would land a solid hit on the boar. Disappointingly, the boar had moved towards Sey with a tusk attack. Dominion missed the boar by a great margin. "shoot" Dominion said under his breath.

Spoiler

ID# 71650

Battle: 2 (miss)

Sey- 200/200 HP, 2/20 energy, Dmg 3, MIT 9 Hate: 9

Boar- 20/100 HP, Dmg 10 

Edited by Dominion

His partner did not seem to be having much luck with the boar, which was fine by him since he felt a lot of energy pulsing through him. A sudden excitement, and instinct told him to embrace it and take the chance while it was in front of him. Whatever voice was speaking to him would be answered with a nod of the head as he moved out towards the boar, despite being so low on energy. The target was upwards, knocking it up into the air was the objective. However, he knew he was going to have to take a hit. But by this time, it should be obvious that it was not able to inflict damage onto him. So with that, he would stab the spear through the bottom of the head of the boar, knocking it up into the air. However, it left a scratch on his own virtual body from one of the sharp tusks, only for that wound to patch itself back up together within a few seconds of the hit. On top of that, instinct was right, for a red critical was above the Boar's head.

Sey- 200/200 HP, 2/20 energy, Dmg 3, MIT 9 Hate:11

DMG: 5

Boar- 15/100 HP, Dmg 10 

ID: 71652

BD: 10

MD: 9

Edited by Sey

Dominion had temporarily lost his natural instinct with his massive great axe. He would grab the great axe and strike forward and above his figure once again, after turning around from where he previous miss. He did halt in place for a second to regain a little of his composure, but it was not quite enough time. As he ran around towards the boar again, he lifted his blade and thrust it toward the ground again where the boar currently was. However, Dominion missed by just a small margin of space and time, which was improvement that he needed to regain self-esteem. He lifted his blade back from the ground and placed it behind his figure. He prepared himself by gripping the hilt with both hands in an attempt, hopefully, to swing it over his head and into the boar that was several feet, but not that far in front of him.

Sey- 200/200 HP, 2/20 energy, Dmg 3, MIT 9 Hate:11

Boar- 15/100 HP, Dmg 10 

Spoiler

ID# 71653

Battle: 4 (miss)

Edited by Dominion

The boar was gaining his number little by little as it's health was at the red point. his partner still seemed to be lacking the luck while Sey himself was having a pot load of it, landing each strike with success and with no damage inflicted onto him, since his battle healing skill kept him up and active in the fight. So with this, he'd place the spear up once again as the boar would continue to lash at him. A first sweep dodged, followed by a stab to the back from the snow-haired player, as he inflicted more damage. However, the boar refused to budge as it would lift him up with the top of it's head, launching him into the air. Upon landing, the red critical sign would appear above his head. While his health bar did not suggest it, that impact did indeed hurt him. So he needed to be a lot more careful next time with that attack. But at least damage was inflicted onto the dying NPC enemy.

Sey- 200/200 HP, 2/20 energy, Dmg 3, MIT 9 Hate:12

DMG: 5

Boar- 12/100 HP, Dmg 10 

ID: 71655

BD: 8

MD: 10

Edited by Sey

Dominion brought his Giant double bladed axe over his head and down upon the ground. He moved his left leg forward to balance his weight, so not to become unstable. His attack somehow managed to come up short from the intended target, but the overall swing was not that far from how he had originally planned. Dominion leaned back as he lifted the great axe from the ground that it had hit, and probably would have sunk into the ground in a wedge shape if this world was perfect. However, this blade did not really fit the experiment, since the blade was by no means sharp. "Man, I need to regain focus, or I will continue to miss." Dominion sat down where he had once stood and crossed his legs as if to meditate. 

Sey- 200/200 HP, 2/20 energy, Dmg 3, MIT 9 Hate:12

Boar- 12/100 HP, Dmg 10 

Spoiler

ID# 71688

Battle: 3 (miss)

Edited by Dominion

Sey felt himself willing to end this battle. His energy was low, to the point where some of the sword arts he has can't be used anymore. It was his only chance. He would coat his spear in blue light once again, but not planning to use the Maiming blow since sword arts can't go below 0 energy. Instead, he was aiming for Snake bite as he would dash towards the boar once more. He felt a nasty strain on his shoulders as he did this, he was pushing himself way too hard. The boar seemed ready for the impact unfortunately. When he aimed for the strike, he would end up taking a brunt of it's tusks against his stomach, and naturally, he took only one damage to be recovered by the Battle Healing skill. But by being so close, he would attempt to ignore the knockback and slice it's neck twice before accepting the hits recoil and falling to the ground. He was at full health, but he felt no urge to attack again.

Sey- 200/200 HP, 0/20 energy, Dmg 3, MIT 9 Hate:14

Sword Art - Snake Bite - 2x1 - (2 Energy) - Two high speed thrusts aimed at the neck.

DMG: 5 * 2

Boar- 2/100 HP, Dmg 10 

ID: 71704

BD: 10

Edited by Sey

Dominion stood up from the meditation on the ground. He was clearly still not focused, but a small amount of time had passed and the boars health bar was extremely low. "All we need is one solid hit from either of us, and the boar will be defeated." Dominion gripped his double bladed great axe as he rose from the ground on which he had sat and walked forward. The boar was giving Sey a really bad beating, even if the health bar was truely unaffected by the result of the attacks. Dominion attempted to flank the boar from the side, but as he brought the great axe down upon the side of the boar, it had moved to attack Sey right in the stomach. Dominion's blade hit off of the ground and he lifted it for another attack. Just one more hit will defeat this boar, Dominion was thinking.

Spoiler

ID# 71705

Battle: 4(miss)

Sey- 200/200 HP0/20 energy, Dmg 3, MIT 9, Hate 14

Boar- 2/100 HP, Dmg 10

Edited by Dominion

There was nothing for him to do as the boar would lash into him once again, knocking him down onto the ground as he would roll back in order to stumble back up onto his feet. The heat of his body was intense was it was, seeing the lack of energy as it was slowly being regained. The boar did not even seem to have health anymore, the health bar looking as it if were in a critical state to the point of non-existence. He just needed to holdout a little longer, and the fear of dying was very minimal as of this moment. At least he was able to safely say he did his job protecting the other player. But this battle was taking far longer than he had anticipated. For him to waste all his energy on one boar, it felt like a waste. But it had been done regardless.

Sey- 200/200 HP, 1/20 energy, Dmg 3, MIT 9 Hate:14

Boar- 2/100 HP, Dmg 10 

ID: 71719

Edited by Sey

Dominion recovered from his last strike towards the boar, which hit against the ground, and tried to move the blade smoothly across along the boar's body. As the blade trailed the boar, which in its own right was lunging at Sey another time, It brushed against some of the taller grass, slowing down the original momentum. The boar had gotten just out of reach again for that attack. Dominion could not help but wonder what was wrong with himself. "I only need that one last hit" Dominion spoke this aloud as he yet again concentrated on combat accuracy over amount of damage. He knew he couldn't do nearly the amount that Sey could do to this boar, so accuracy was LITERALLY the only thing he needed.

Boar- 2/100 HP, Dmg 10 

Spoiler

ID# 71748

Battle: 3 (Miss)

Edited by Dominion

They were extremely close to finishing off the battle. Sey would raise his spear up one final time, hanging his head low as the strain on his body was heavy. But there was enough energy to carry out desperate attacks. And he just needed one more to land. The boar was on its way to try to impale him once again. But once it got in range... It received an equal amount of retaliation. The player would clumsily leap towards the side, stumbling upon a rough landing before jumping up into the air with the spear in hand. With that, he would slam the blade of the weapon down onto the bar of the unsuspecting boar... And finally, it would shatter to pieces of little data particles as it would float away. On top of that, loot would present itself to the both of them as well. There was no energy, but now that he was out of battle, he knew that he would begin to recover it. "Heh... Too easy..." Sey learned to never show weakness.

Boar- 0/100 HP, Dmg 10 

ID: 71719

BD: 6

MD: 3

LD: 15 (Sey and Dominion earned 500 Col [100 HP times 5 Col])

@Dominion

Edited by Sey

Dominion was partially relieved by the final attack from Sey. The boar had gone down with one heck of a fight... and Dominion had intended to fight at least one more mob on the first floor. However, after such an intense battle against that boar, Dominion could be swayed by whatever Sey wanted to do. Dominion kept his great axe by his side as he moved to stand beside Sey. "I am so sorry for the lack of help I presented during the latter half of the fight. I don't know what got into me, but that is not my usual fighting ability." Dominion moved his head to look around the grasslands, "I had planned to go and find some materials and possibly fight at least one more mob, but after that fight, whatever you want to do is fine with me." Dominion turned to look around where the two of them stood and see if there was any materials to obtain in the general area, while paying close attention for Sey's next comment.

Spoiler

ID# 71750

Loot: 5 (found nothing but grass)

Edited by Dominion

"Pfft, something like that has nothing on us. I'm sure a few more can't hurt us. I just need a bit to catch my breath." The snow-haired player would reply in turn to the explanation he had been given about the mobs. It was a nice treat to be able to fight them and get a lot of Col in the process. In fact, that was just one monster. If that was the case, those with high level gear and high stats as well can easily grind their way through the game to get high amounts of currency in the game. The shops looked like they were giving out bargains now when he compared their prices to the amount of loot that he had just obtained at this very moment. "The boars are nothing, but I am not really interested in looking for materials. I don't have a profession or anything, so nothing I could use with that. Perhaps currency, but I don't like being cheap. I want to just keep looking for Col, and these monsters do just that."

1/3 Out of Battle Posts (Full energy once at 3/3)

Dominion seemed most satisfied with the answer, but he then had a question come to mind. "So, I was looking to buy something from Macradon. Do any of the shops in this game prefer that you bring in your own materials for the creation of the item, or do they just require the amount of col they ask for?" Dominion had heard a rumor that materials were needed to get items from most of the shops, but he didn't know if that was necessarily true. Dominion didn't look around him for materials any longer, but instead began to walk in search of another Mob. "So, I know I asked a lot of questions earlier, but are you in a... is it called a party? like a group of people... I don't remember the word for a group of people teamed together in this game..." Dominion looked down at the ground trying to come up with the word. "Anyway, are you in one of those, or do you tend to fend for yourself?"

"Oh, I think what you are looking for is a preference." He would explain as he would look at his inventory to see the amount of Col that he had. It was much higher than the materials for sure, nearly 3,000 more in fact. "Every player is different, Macradon is not something I quite know personally yet. Seems like a nice guy and a great Blacksmith. I did meet this one young lady though, and she seemed to love the fact that I am paying with Col. Sey would then turn to the blonde player by his side, preparing to give a little example so that things could be seen in perspective. Looking through the eyes of someone else is rather tough, but it was a crucial skill that many have yet to learn. It saved a lot of trouble for sure. "Say you were the shop owner. If you made the shop to earn money, then you would expect to be paid with money. Sure, materials are nice... but it's not currency. It's not Col. While they do offer payment with Col, I would assume you become special if you pay them in Col. You are giving them money, and helping their purpose in the process. See what I mean?"

2/3 Posts Out of Battle

Dominion seemed to understand as Sey put the example in perspective of the owner. "So, the shop owners would rather more currency that materials because of col's worth in the game." Dominion was attempting to put the two together. "So going out of my way to find materials would be less useful than defeating mobs and getting more col. That is definitely something I did not think about before going into the grass lands." Dominion noticed a boar with the same intense outgoing presence as the other boar seemed to have, except this one was almost twice as big around. Dominion turned to Sey while pointing nearby at a large boar, "If I had to guess, I would say that the boar over there has more health than the previous boar. It will probably take much longer to kill, but I would be surprised if it does more damage". Dominion remembered his slowly growing col count in his inventory. He raised his head suddenly as if remembering something he had forgot, "So, I realized that you heal faster than the other boar was able to deal damage to you... why is that?".

"I would not suggest triggering it just yet. We have both been out in the fields for quite a while. If you want to do something good, I would suggest looking for a Treasure Chest. They reward those who stay out here long enough." He'd explain, watching his energy bar rise up quickly in the process. It was nearly time for them to start fighting the next batch of enemies. But he really wanted to look for a chest as well, since they were extremely hard to obtain. "As for the damage infliction, let's do some math. The boars here inflict ten damage. I can block nine damage. But I have the Battle Healing Skill, so that one damage I took ends up being recovered. Even if they land a critical on me, that is also recovered since only two more damage can be inflicted with critical. Basically, because of Battle Healing, on this floor, I never take damage, even when I do." It seemed like a rather confusing explanation. His only hope was that the player could comprehend that.

OOC- We can look for a Treasure Chest on ze next post! :D

3/3 Out of Battle Posts (Both Players Energy restored)