[SP-F6] What are Demons? <<Calming the Mind>>

Domarus watched the demon make one last attempt at killing Domarus, and all he had to do was let go of his weapon.  Once he did he simply blocked the incoming attacks with his gauntlets, his thorns slowly taking away the player's health, while his own gauntlets flashed and therefore revived some of his health.  Soon enough the demon stabbed Domarus through the gauntlet and Domarus grabbed the demon by the neck with his other hand.  He threw the demon across the plain floor and pulled the sword out of his arm. Slowly, he made his way over, grabbing his ax from the ground as he did so.  

"Death, is natural.  Death, is expected.  Murder is when someone kills another knowingly.  The majority see murder as unforgivable, and since the only way to cover up a murder is through very very difficult ways, and even then still discoverable, the red marker announces your deeds to the world.  Reputation.  Manipulation.  Deception.  With these by my side I have no need to kill.  Even if I needed someone dead, I could easily just have an assassin carry it out for me.  If things go well, I won't have to touch another player.  You have nothing to say to me."  And with that he used the sword art to finish the job.

ID#  74800  BD:  9  CD:  12  MD:  6  Crescent Avalanche used  x7,  -7
Domarus:  392/420  19/42  
-42-27=15  +9 health regeneration-
Demon of Death:  0/210  -10+1x7-5+12=84  Crescent Avalanche and thorns

Edited by Domarus

With that the demon began turning into a black mist for the third time.  However he was still wearing a grin on his face.  And why not?  He still had one more fight in him.  That much was obvious, given the fourth doorway.  Domarus straightened and stood still for a moment, thinking about what the demon had recently said.  If he were to die...  Neither in the real world nor this world had he considered this as an issue.  Domarus wanted to gain power yes, but he really didn't care about what happened after he died.  However did he want to make a legacy?  Did he want to be a legend?  If he wanted to be known, he needed an heir.  He needed someone to take on his mantle.  Whether that person be found in this god forsaken world or the real world, he'd need to find one.  However whoever it was would need to have Domarus' own goals and determination.  Someone whom Domarus could very much relate too.  This was a very important task in hand for him now and he would need to seek out someone worthy enough to be his heir.

Energy:  (1/3)

Edited by Domarus

Domarus approached the doorway, now having to make more plans involving the off chance of his death.  When he returned to the large room he took note that the flames were much much stronger, stretching to the sky even.  He didn't really care about the figure nor the room.  He just wanted to clear this quest as soon as possible.  He approached the fourth doorway.  This doorway was completely blank.  Not a single clue as to what may lie inside.  Domarus hated not knowing something, he hated it very much.  However this quest would obviously give him no other choice but to take on the unknown.  And seeing as how the previous bosses weren't very strong at all he wasn't worried.  He entered the doorway.  When he did the first thing he noticed was he was in a very comfortable house.  Not rich of course, but very comfortable.  Something a normal person would want.  Would the demon try targeting his greed this time?  Or would it target his restlessness?

"Domarus?"  Domarus paused and turned around slowly.  Of course he thought to himself.  The one weakness he found in himself.  And he was staring right at it.  Or rather, them.  This time, he knew, this was a fight that had to be made.

Energy (2/3)

Esther, standing beside what he had eventually come to believe was what his mother would have looked like, seemed pleasantly surprised he was here.  As if this were their home.  As if Esther were his mother's daughter or something.  Esther rushed up to hug him but she stopped, seeing as he was in thorned armor.  She giggled.  

"Take the armor off and relax Domarus!"  His mother smiled and gestured to a seat.  

"Yes please!  Take a seat, I want to hear about your adventures dear!  Esther here was telling me about them."  Domarus, of course, didn't move.  He knew neither of them was real.  His mother he already knew was dead.  There was no chance of her existing in the real world, let alone in a video game.  And as for Esther...  This was a quest and therefore she was not real.  A conjured being.  There was no point in stalling.  He drew his blade, bringing horrified faces upon the two.  That's when he heard the demon.

"You would truly kill them?  My you are heartless, heh heh heh."  

"They aren't real.  They're a conjured version of the real one that you brought up."

"True, but answer me this:  If someone held them hostage, would that keep you from achieving your goal?"  Domarus gripped his weapon extremely tightly, causing the demon to laugh as it drew a black katana that emanated a black mist.  The last battle had begun.

Energy:  (3/3)

Domarus watched as the demon began moving towards him.  Esther whimpered.

"Domarus..  Why?"  This had no effect on him because he knew she was a fake.  A nothing.  A shadow of the real Esther.  And yet that one thought, thinking of Esther again, started to annoy him.  The demon grinned.  

"You and I both know you can't stand the thought of those men holding her captive, doing what they please with her.  You want to be with her, don't you?"  Domarus was over with this demon.  He wanted it dead and he wanted the prize.  He charged the enemy with a roar, swinging his huge ax at it.  However the demon was a mirage.  And that mirage turned into Esther, who had a face of terror and horror, seeing Domarus in his Hopebreaker set charging at her wielding a huge ax.  It threw him off but his ax met the mirage, hacking through her like butter.  The demon laughed from behind and Domarus saw his health drop as the demon stabbed him from behind.  A critical hit he noticed.  That meant no thorns damage.  If his opponents kept getting critical hits and nothing more, then that would be a problem for Domarus.

"Can't you focus long enough to hit me?"

ID#  75244  BD:  3  CD:  8  MD:  10

Domarus:  415/440  43/44  -63+2-27=38.  +9 regeneration
Demon of Weakness:  330/330  63 dmg,  8 MIT

Edited by Domarus

Domarus turned around and glared at the demon who was laughing very confidently now.  This being was really getting on his nerves.  However it was clear that this fight wasn't going to be easy.  There was no way Domarus would be killed unless he was the most unlucky man alive and never landed a single hit through the entire fight, but it was clear that this fight might last a little while.  He thought about it. He needed a way to land a hit on his foes.  This wasn't turning out well for him.  Most likely he'd need to obtain multiple types of gear for different types of foes.  He'd need to think about that at a later time though.  For now he knew his current gear and also knew his foe.  He rushed at him but he turned out to be another mirage.  Then five versions of the demon, as well as five versions of Esther, all of them appearing alike to one another, appeared around him.  The demons each charged and struck at him, Domarus unable to deliver a decisive blow, only slashing through mirage's.  He grit his teeth.  There was no way he'd be able to spot the real one at this rate.

ID#  75245  BD:  3  CD:  11  MD:  10
Domarus:  397/440  42/44  
-63-27=36.  +9 regeneration
Demon of Weakness:  330/330

Edited by Domarus

Domarus was continually struck over and over again by the demons and he stopped striking back.  The Esthers were there to throw him off but in the end they would help him strike back.  Naturally the demon would want to avoid attention to it's real self rather than the mirages, so Domarus followed her eyes.  And he turned to look at the general area she was looking at.  There.  Domarus was fully certain of where the demon was and he charged his weapon before releasing it upon two mirages and the real one.  The demon was knocked back from the blow, all of the mirage's exploding after the strike.  When the demon landed Domarus slowly made his way over.  This wouldn't be over for a little bit.  The demon's health was increased after all.  Multiple hits would be needed.  However he would be able to take him down in the end.  Patience was all that was needed.  The demon looked up to him with a grin.  

"Now this is gonna be fun.  Although let's make this interesting shall we?"  The demon morphed into a mixture of his mother and Esther.  Pink hair with red stripes, red eyes, average size, and her armor was red and pink, with her arms exposed and spikes on the gauntlets and shoulder guards.  This was appearance only of course.  She wore no helmet, but rather wore a golden tiara.

ID#  75246  BD:  10  CD:  10  MD:  2  Crescent Avalanche used  x7  -7
Domarus:  406/440  35/44
Demon of Weakness:  254/330  -10+2x7-8=76 dmg

Edited by Domarus

The Demon gave a seducive grin as well as batted her eyes.  

"How bout this darling?  Your two favorite women all wrapped up in one?  Care for a spin?"  Domarus charged and was shocked to see how fast the demon dodged his blow, his ax smashing into the ground.  He turned to view the demon once again, who was still trying to seduce him.

"That disgusting tactic of yours only makes me want to punch your skull in even more.  Get over here you pile of s**t."  The Demon charged forward again and swung it's blade with incredible speed, but Domarus simply spun his large weapon, blocking it's attacks left and right.

"Oh come, on!  You destroy for power, you manipulate for control!  You've gone so dark, why don't you take a little turn for a little fun?"  

"That sort of thing holds no interest me, and never will.  It has no use and does not help me gain anything.  So shut up and die you freaking dog!"  Domarus charged again, swinging his ax at the demon that was doing everything it could to drive him crazy.  He hated this scenario.  Everything about it.  The demon took shape as a combination of his mother and Esther.  Or at least, what Domarus believed his mother looked like.  In truth he had no clue what she actually looked like.

ID#  75251  BD:  1  CD:  4  MD:  5

Domarus:  406/440  34/44
Demon of Weakness:  254/330  

Edited by Domarus

Domarus charged again, locking blades with the demon who was still grinning seducively.  

"It's not about how it helps you rise.  It's about having a little fun."  

"I think it's time you shut up for good this time."  Domarus swung a very hard punch at the demon, straight in the face and caught her by surprise, knocking her back and enough force to switch it's disguise back to his original form.  The demon landed dressed in it's trench coat, black shades and the blade in it's hands.  The demon grumbled as it stood back up, clearly annoyed more than angry.  He scoffed.

"You're no fun at all."  Domarus grinned evilly.  

"No I'm not.  I'm powerful and I will rise above all."  The two charged again, releasing their best attacks.  The demon struck with intense speed while Domarus struck with all his strength, both landing a hit on the other.  They didn't stop there however.  They continuously struck at each other with every chance they had.  Domarus couldn't wait till he ended the freaking demon once and for all.

ID#  75817  BD:  8  CD:  8  MD:  8  Crescent Avalanche used  x7  -7
Domarus:  372/440  -  27/44  -63-27=36  +9 regeneration
Demon of Weakness:  192/330  -10x7-8=62

Edited by Domarus

The demon tried to make counter attacks, but Domarus was able to block each, with either his weapon or his armor.  Soon enough, as he expected, he started using dirty tricks such as kicking in the nuts, flinging dirt in his eyes.  However nothing would work.  Even if he could kick him in the balls it wouldn't hurt thanks to the game's pain reducer.  As for the dirt it was blocked by the helmet, and survival kept the few grains of dirt that sipped through the slit from touching his eyes.  After that Domarus made his own attempts at killing it.  First by normal strikes, but then he altered his strikes so that he'd cut the bottom of a support beam when the demon dodged, bringing either the beam, or the roof onto the demon.  However it was able to dodge the debris fairly easily.  They were balanced in this part of the fight.  Each trying everything to gain the upper hand.  They locked blades again and stared each other down.

ID#  75817  BD:  2  CD:  2  MD:  3  
Domarus:  372/440  -  26/44
Demon of Weakness:  192/330

Edited by Domarus

The two stared hard and strong.  However Domarus had superior advantage.  He was much taller than the demon.  His armor made him appear larger and it's cruel shape was intimidating.  The dark red pulsing glow that emanated from his armor and his eye slits added to the effect.  As well as his constantly pressing down on the demon.  Whereas all the demon had was a trench coat, sword and some shades.  Domarus kept staring until he saw the demon twitch.  When he saw that he shot his knee forward and struck the demon in the stomach, releasing Crescent Avalanche not long after this.  He struck the demon hard and fast, knocking him back.  When the demon hit the wall he coughed, growling afterwards.  He couldn't get up yet due to the force, and thus threw a dagger from nowhere, which Domarus dodged by moving his torso slightly and began to make his way slowly over to the demon.

ID#  75817  BD:  6  CD:  12  MD:  2  Crescent Avalanche used  x7  -7
Domarus:  381/440  -  19/44  +9 Regeneration
Demon of Weakness:  130/330  -10x7-8=62-

Edited by Domarus

The demon struggled to get up but Domarus got there first.  He released another sword art on the demon, getting a critical hit on him this time, and when he finished the sword art, the demon was hanging off of the ax' blade.

"We both know who's leaving this place alive.  Why not just end it sooner?"  The demon gave a wicked and evil smile.

"Not a chance.  If I can irritate you at least that would make my day."  The demon pulled a longsword out of nowhere and lashed out at Domarus, who stood completely still as if nothing were happening.  When he finished, Domarus' armor flashed again, indicating some more health returning.  Domarus held the ax with one hand and gave a massive punch with the other, driving the demon through the doorway and into the massive room.  The demon landed at the feet of the black figure, who simply looked down at the demon as it got up.  When the demon saw where it was, it seemed confused, and a little scared.

"What is this?  Wait, this is.  But how?!  You could only access it if you defeated me!"  

ID#  75817  BD:  9  CD:  11  MD:  9  Crescent Avalanche used  x7  -7
Domarus:  353/440  -  19/44  
-63+1-27=37.  +9 regeneration
Demon of Weakness:  61/330  -10+1x7-8=69-

Edited by Domarus

Domarus walked slowly into the room, the doorway closing.  The demon was shaking as he got up, horrified that such a thing was possible.  Domarus chuckled darkly.

"This is my mind, my soul, and my world.  You have no control.  Now bow before me or PERISH!!"  The demon got over all sense of fear and gritted his teeth at Domarus, charging at him with his sword in hand.  He tried to slash at Domarus but he blocked with one gauntlet and grabbed the demon by the neck with the other.  He squeezed until the demon dropped the sword.  He then raised the demon before smashing him into the burning coals, searing the demon's back and causing him to howl in pain.  Domarus grabbed the demon's sword and stabbed it into the demon's chest, pinning him to the ground.  He walked over and stomped on it's left leg, causing him to roar with pain and agony.  Domarus glared at him.

"Since you won't give up easily, how do you like that advice you gave me?  Nobody will know, nor care, what I do with my demons after all."

ID#  75817  BD:  5  CD:  12  MD:  1
Domarus:  362/440  -  18/44  
+9 regeneration
Demon of Weakness:  61/330  

Edited by Domarus

Domarus watched as the demon growled, his eyes still concealed.  Domarus reached over to take his shades off but the demon summoned a dagger and stabbed Domarus' hand.  However he hit one of the spikes and howled in more pain, his own health going down as well.  Domarus stood up straight.  This being was useless to him, and wasn't going to be joining him outside this quest anyways.  It was a one time thing.  He gripped his weapon and released one last sword art, finishing it off.  As he watched the demon's health hit zero, he looked up to see the congratulations menu.  He saw the skill added and read it.  Meditation was the title.  Apparently it regenerated energy for each rank.  It was activated on a CD of ten and up.  Domarus knew this would come in handy, especially for him.  However he was more concerned about dealing damage, health regeneration first.  Once he had those dealt with he could spend sp on meditation.

ID#  75817  BD:  5  CD:  12  MD:  1  Crescent Avalanche used  x7  -7
Domarus:  335/440  -  18/44  
-63-27=36.  +9 regeneration
Demon of Weakness:  0/330  -10x7-8=62  +12 thorns-

Summary

400 col, 3 sp, Meditation

Edited by Domarus