[SP-F3] Bulls and Blades <<Search for the Hoya>>[Complete]

Today Aereth was about to do another quest he hadn't done yet. And this special quest would be the <<Search for the Hoya>>. He had already talked to the quest NPC, and got all the information he needed about this specific quest. It was a simple find the enemy and kill it quest. But the rewards were pretty good and the field boss wasn't very difficult to kill for Aereth right now. He had moved forward quite a bit, regarding his level. In these few months of training he managed to grow to level 20 without many problems. He had two extra skills under his belt, and was had a rather successful shop on the fourth floor.

As he was walking to the entrance of the Forest of Wavering Mist, he thought about his future build, and how he would spend his SP in the future. "Right now, I need to focus on my Serach and Detect skill. As soon as I have it on level three, I'll go and max out my one handed sword skill. But what will I do after this? Max out my S&D or invest some points into Sneak and Hide?"

Aereth will enter the thread with the following stats and equipment

Spoiler

Stats:
Level: 20
HP:400
Energy: 40

Equipped Items:
Nightingale, Sword of Legion, Dexterous Intent

Battle Ready:
Goldcrest, Discovery Ring

After some time of event-less walking, Aereth finally found the tomb of the king Minos. It wasn't as fancy as Aereth expected it to be, but who cares anyways. As he entered the little clearing, he heard Heavy footsteps behind him. "Seems like this dumb Minotaur already found me." Aereth said as he turned around. And indeed, behind him was the fabled Minotaur.

He was huge, walking on his back legs and wielded a massive sword in combination with a bulky looking shield. Aereth checked the stats of the impressing figure and sighed. "As fancy as you look buddy, you couldn't even kill me if I were naked." Aereth didn't even bother to activate his disguise skill to kill the dumb Minotaur. "Just one swipe." He said and pulled out his sword of its sheath. 

Then the Minotaur starte to charge at black hooded player. "Pathetic." Aereth said and rose his sword. He then jumped to face the Minotaur on equal height, and slashed downwards. 

A clean cut, and the sword, as well as the Minotaur itself was cut into two pieces. The congratulation screen popped up, and Aereth got his rewards.

Spoiler

ID# 71807 results:
Battle: 10
Damage: (7+2)*1*5=45 DMG

Aereth: 400/400 <<36/40>>
Hoya Minotaurs: 0/45 DEAD

Edited by Aereth

The quest reward got transferred into Aereth's inventory, and he choose to inspect it instantly. He clicked on it and it materialized into his hands. What he saw then hit him completely off guard. In his hands was a pendant which was looking like a ballet shoe. He immediately had to think about his girlfriend in the real world. She had been doing ballet since she was 5 years old...

Then he cursed. "F*ck you Sword Art Online, for being so damn accurate." He didn't know where the Cardinal system picked this this information up. "Could also be pure RNG..." he snorted, but notheless, equipped it under his armor.

"Sooooo. Let's go and get some... Materials..." he thought. Right now he was low on tier one materials so he needed to get some. And just besides the tomb he found some pieces of fur. "Nice." he thought and changed his equippment.

Spoiler

ID# 71878 results:
Loot: 19

+1 Minos Pendant
+4 Materials

Stored:
Nightingale, Dexterous Intent
Equipped:
Goldcrest, Discovery Ring

Edited by Aereth

After this quick encounter with the Minotaur, Aereth decided to head deeper into the forests of the third floor. He hadn't been here very often, so this was the perfect opportunity to scout out this floor. It was getting really lonely in the last time, since Birdie and Itzal had to work on their own stuff. Aereth, improved in the meantime a whole lot, but he somehow felt the loneliness getting the better of him. He was grinding almost non stop, and at times where he wasn't training he was reading news about bosses, quests or sitting behind his crafting table. At some days he didn't even sleep anymore, because he had too many things in his head.

Dismissing the bad thoughts, Aereth focused on the things he was doing now. Scouting the floor. Even though most of the monsters on this particular floor couldn't harm him in any way he still didn't want to let his guard down.

Spoiler

ID# 71879 results:
Loot: 3+5

Materials: 4

Edited by Aereth

Continueing his hunt for materials, Aereth walked deeper and deeper into the Forest of Wavering Mist. He stopped, and activated all of his searching skill to find at least one material, but unfortunately couldn't see anything material related in his surrounding area. No materials, but something other. Aereth could notice two hooded players waking towards his general direction. Aereth immediately leaped into the trees, and activated his stealth skill. Unfortunately he hadn't leveled this particular skill up until now. "If worse comes to worse, I'll need to activate my Disguise before they are able to spot me.." He thought and waited in the trees, for the two hooded players to pass by. He would definitely follow them, but what would he do afterwards?

As the two players came closer to Aereth's hiding spot, he held his breath. If they found him right away, Aereth would be in a tight spot...

ID# 71888 results:
Loot: 8

Edited by Aereth

"Invest in stealth, invest in stealth, invest in stealth..." he thought as he was hiding in the tree crowns, to see what the players were doing. Aereth also noticed that he was weraring the complete wrong armor for something like this. The gold and blue colors of his Goldcrest were not the best colors to hide form players in the forest.

Fortunately the players seemed not to pay too much attention to the tree crowns as they should. They just walked past Aereth's hiding spot, and didn't even bother to look up even once. As they were far enough away, Aereth immediately equipped his Nightingale and started to follow the suspicious, hooded players. "As soon as I have Grandmastered my sword skill, I'll start to invest some points into my stealth rating. For now this whole thing is too risky. They could detect me easily if they just had some SP's invested into search and detect...." He thought as he trailed the two players.

Spoiler

ID# 72318 results:
Loot: 6+3

1 Minos Pendant
4 Materials

Edited by Aereth

Keeping his distance to the players, Aereth moved from tree to tree with little to no effort. "At least the forest is so dense here that the traveling in the tree crowns is no problem at all..." He thought as jumped to the next branch. Unfortunately he couldn't hear a word the two players were talking, because he was too far away to hear anything. "I really need this f*cking stealth skill sooner than I have thought..." It was true. If he had the proper skill level in Sneak and Hide, Aereth would be able to get closer to the two players, without having to fear that they would detect him instantly. As it was right now, he couldn't afford to get too close to them...

After some minutes of sneaking and trailing the two players, they finally came to a halt. They were standing in front of a medium sized cave. "Maybe a hideout, if I'm lucky..." Aereth thought and didn't even know how f*cking right he was with that assumption...

Spoiler

ID# 72341 results:
Loot: 7+3

1 Minos Pendant
4 Materials

Edited by Aereth

The two players vanished into the cave, and Aereth choose to hide in the near area around the hideout, so that he could see who would walk in and out of this cave. “One of the two players was red, the other one was green, I need more Information about this place.” He thought as he sat down on a big branch in the dense tree crowns. He could barely see through the dense leaves, but that in return would mean, that he was almost invisible for anybody who didn’t have a high enough search and detect level.

Seconds turned to minutes, and minutes turned to hours as Aereth was sitting in his spot to observe what was happening at the cave entrance. Pretty much nothing happened since he followed the two suspicious players to this special location. But suddenly another pair of players neared the cave entrance. Once again, one green player and one red player…

Spoiler

ID# 72414 results:
Loot: 4+3

Materials: 4
Quest Rewards: 1 Minos Pendant

Edited by Aereth
  • 2 weeks later...

More and more players were coming to said hideout. And the constellation of the players was always the same one or more, up to two green players, accompanied by one orange player. "Most definitely a group or guild with a PK background. But I don't have to come to premature conclusions. I need to gather enough information before I will take action...." Aereth thought and still stayed hidden. As the forest once again came to rest, Aereth swiped open his menu, selected the map, and marked the location the hideout was on it. "I need to talk with Itzal about this place, and I need to start gathering information about this group. From what I counted, there are at least 34 players inside. Not counting the players that may have been there before I started observing the entrance..." He then looked around once more and started to leave the area of the cave carefully, in order to avoid an encounter with other players that were heading to the cave. On his way back he even found some materials, which he stored away into his inventory.

Spoiler

ID# 73586 results:
Loot: 16+5

Materials: 4+4=8

Edited by Aereth

Aereth finished observing the cave, and choose to go back to material gathering and hunting, since in the last hour or so, nobody else entered the area around the cave. He marked the position on his map and made a mental not to come back here in the future in order to trail some of the groups, to scout out what they were really doing.

Finally reaching a place where he was wide enough away from the hideout, he started to look around for materials once more. He was graced by a quick find, since some herbs were just hanging down from a branch in the front of his face. “I really need to get these materials, since I’m very low on them right now. The shop’s running very good at the moment, and I’ll need all the materials that I can get.” He thought and continued to walk around…

Spoiler

ID# 73587 results:
Loot: 18+5

Materials: 8+4=12

Edited by Aereth

The wind was rustling the leaves of the trees in the forest of floor there. It was already way past midday, and the sun started to descend again. Aereth unfortunately spent some time observing the entrance of the cave he found by following two suspicious players. But he needed to get at least twenty materials before he was going home again. But for a player with search and detect level two in combination with a perfect searching item, this wouldn’t be a hard task. And after some minutes of walking he indeed found another set of useable materials. “Hmmm. I need to close my shop until I also got enough materials from tier two.” He would have to search for materials on the eleventh floor in the next days. On the eleventh floor you get bonus materials every now and then, and this was very useful, and would be exploited to the maximum

Spoiler

ID# 73588 results:

Materials: 12+4=16

Edited by Aereth

Aereth still was thinking about the hideout he had found some time ago. There wasn’t anything he could do as for now, he was too weak to do much. But as soon as he got to level 25 he would go back to the hideout and trail some of the shady players that were walking in and out of that cave today. He cursed inwardly for not doing this today, but he was smart enough to stay out of trouble until he reached the second tier. This would give him a boost in power, and thus make the whole mission more safe. Even though Itzal told him not to do something like this until he had completely finished his scout training, he couldn’t wait that long. God knows what they could have been doing in that until he finished his training, and he didn’t even want to imagine how many players they could have harmed

Spoiler

ID# 73705 results:

Materials: 16+4=20

Edited by Aereth

Right now he needed to finish the quest he was doing earlier today as well as to gather some more materials. He destroyed the boss mentioned in the quest and already found a good amount of materials, but he still needed to keep going for them, since his shop consumed a sh*t ton of materials lately. Aereth sighed at the thought, of how many materials he used for one full day of crafting.

Dismissing the bad thoughts, he focused back on finding some materials. But this time it seemed like there were no more materials available in the near area around him, so he decided to head back in the direction of the main settlement, to see if he had left back some materials on his way here. “Hopefully I don’t run into some of these shady players while exploring this floor.” He thought, and checked if somebody was following him

Spoiler

ID# 73706 results:
Loot: 3+4

Materials: 20

Edited by Aereth

Seeing nobody behind him he let out a loud sigh. “Am I getting paranoid, or what?” he said and leaned against a nearby tree. After that he fetched a water bottle from his inventory, and started to drink from it. His head was hurting like sh*t and he was a little bit exhausted from fighting and hiding from the red players, after today he definitely needed a break. But he couldn’t afford to take a break right now, he needed to get stronger and reach tier two in a couple of days, if he really wanted to get behind what those players in the cave from before were doing. He quickly emptied his bottle of water, and continued his search for materials, and got graced with another set of four tier one materials. “Right now I have 24 materials from today’s hunt. Just a little bit more and I’ll call it a day.” He thought and continued.

Spoiler

ID# 73707 results:
Loot: 18+5

Materials: 20+4=24

Edited by Aereth

Right now he needed more information on what the players from the cave would be doing when they got out from their meeting, in order for him to make plans on what he would do. But right now it was much too dangerous for him to trail some of them. The risk of being discovered was just too high, and he wouldn’t want to risk a battle against two players at once before he hadn’t reached tier two. And in order to reach tier two, he needed to train harder, to get there without letting too much time pass.

His eyes were filled with determination, more than ever before. “I won’t let something like that what happened to you ever happen again, Adrian. I promised you. And I don’t go back on my word. I’ll get behind their schemes, and stop them if they want to harm others.” He thought and found some more materials.

Spoiler

ID# 73709 results:
Loot: 13+5

Materials: 24+4=28

Edited by Aereth

After picking up another set of materials, Aereth decided to check on his stats once more. “I just need to finish this quest and do the wasp queen quest, then I’ll be level 25 he thought and closed his menu again. He indeed wasn’t that far away from tier two. Now he just needed an appropriate weapon and a familiar, and he was set to go on his mission to gather information about the shady people he encountered today. He knew that he might have to fight at least two players if sh*t hits the fan, but as a tier two player he shouldn’t have that much problems in dealing with them. Or at least he thought so. On the other hand, if he weren’t tier two, it could be a close call if he was able to survive such an encounter. He would only have to rely on his ability to dodge as well as his speed…

Spoiler

ID# 73710 results:
Loot: 15+5

Materials: 28+4=32

Edited by Aereth

After all, he didn’t want to die either from the possible encounter. But even if he was only scouting out what they were doing, Aereth wanted to be at least at tier two, in case he would have to start a fight, since the new tier would give him a massive boost on his mitigation and damage output. But like he promised to Itzal, he wouldn’t attack unless there was no other choice for him to do so, hell he didn’t even know right now if they are really a group of red players that were aiming to harm anybody. They could even be players that had no other choice than to turn red. “F*ck. I’m thinking too much about this stuff. I need to get my quest finished and then head back to my shop.” Aereth thought, and shook his head a little bit before continuing. But somehow he couldn’t get the thoughts about that cave from his head…

Spoiler

ID# 73732 results:
Loot: 7+5

Materials: 32

Edited by Aereth

Slowly but surely the sun started to set, and Aereth knew that it would be time to start going home again. He didn’t want to be out in the night, since you got major debuffs if you were doing something in the dark, if you don’t have the night vision skill mod. So he was walking slowly along the main “road” or what you want to call it, in direction of the main settlement of the third floor. He had a good amount of materials in his pocket which would help him to keep his shop running for some days. “I need to get my tier two weapon as soon as possible.” He thought. He already had a tier two armour with an unique enhancement, and he would also keep his accuracy and loot rings, so the only thing missing right now was the sword, and the familiar to be precise

Spoiler

ID# 73733 results:
Loot: 9+5

Edited by Aereth

His familiar would definitely be a damage dealing one. Since familiars scaled in tier with tier tamers it would mean a familiar was an equivalent of a second damage dealing weapon, which was a huge advantage in fighting both mobs and other players. It was just that enhanced familiars were almost impossible to find. But he knew that he would get some help from Domarus if he asked him for it. The next thing he would spend skill points in would be his material arts skill. Yes, they consumed a lot of energy, but the damage output was just too good. And he could get the finesse perks for the highest ranking material arts sword arts as well, which reduced the energy cost by a whole lot.

Now he could already see the main settlement through the forest, and it would only be a couple more minutes until he finally reached it…

Spoiler

ID# 73734 results:
Loot: 9+5

Edited by Aereth

On his way back into the city, Aereth managed to find another set of materials, and greedily stored it into his inventory. “It’s awesome to have the search and detect skill. And even at rank two, in combination with a perfect loot item you are able to find almost everything. I can’t even imagine what amounts of loot you are able to find if you finally reach tier five and get the reveal mod…” He thought while he stepped through the gates of the main settlement. “Now I only have to find the f*cking quest NPC and get my rewards…”

After some more minutes of walking he found the said quest NPC and reported back to it. Then he got his rewards and started to head back to the teleport gate of the third floor.

Reaching the gate, he selected his home floor, got engulfed in light and was gone.

Spoiler

ID# 73735 results:
Loot: 11+5

Materials: 32+4=36

Edited by Aereth