[SP-F2] Who will break First? <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>[Complete]

Aereth was climbing one of the highest mountains of the whole second floor. Today was the day, where he would get his desired combat skill, <<Material Arts>>. He heard about the skill way back when he hadn't even met Itzal and his other guildmates. A special quest on a mountain in the southern area of floor two, with a special reward. For beginners, sword art online was a game, like the name implies, which is about sword, spears or axes. However, the skill Aereth was looking for today was very different from the others, since it was a skill that didn't rely on any weapons at all. The material arts skill was an unarmed combat skill that had a massive damage output if it was grandmastered.

As Aereth reached his destination, a small hat with a hugea*s boulder in front of it, he grinned. "Finally found the quest..." he thought.

Aereth goes into this thread with the following stats and Items

Spoiler

Level: 20
Energy: 40
HP: 400

Equipped:
Rock Smasher, Goldcrest, Dexterous Intent

Battle ready:
Discovery Ring, Sword of Legion, Nightingale

Edited by Aereth

"Welcome traveler, and congratulations for your successful climb of this mountain here." The NPC that was standing in front of the hut said to Aereth. "If you want I can give you something that will make you even stronger traveler." After this a small quest window popped up in front of Aereth with all the relevant information about the quest. Aereth read through it and pressed the accept button shortly afterwards. "Very well, then let me interoduce you to your opponent for the next couple of days." 

"Days? Did this f*cking old fag*ot just say days?" Aereth thought as he followed the old man to the boulder. "You have to destroy this boulder with just your arms. No swords allowed. And until you finished this you'll have to wear these markings." He said while walking over to Aereth and drawing whiskers onto his face. Aereths eyes twitched a little bit, but he decided not to say anything.

Let's get over with this." he thought and unequipped his sword and armor, since he wouldn't need them anymore. But before he would start hitting the boulder, he searched his inventory for a special pair of hand-wraps that he crafted for this one special occasion...

Edited by Aereth

His hand got engulfed in light, and as the light faded away, he looked at the black handwraps he had crafted some time ago. <<Rock Smasher>> was now written under both hands in the equipment tab. 

Not wasting any more time he walked over to the boulder, clenching his hands to fists. "Pffff. Days... I want to be finished with this quest when the sun sets." he chuckled to himself. As he finally reached the boulder he rested his right palm against the boulder and looked at it. He then cracked a smile, and readied his left hand for a punch. cooking his fist even tighter, he let his left fist sped towards the boulder. A loud thud was heard as the fist made contact with the boulder. Aereth did a solid amount of damage to the boulder with just this one hit. He smiled even wider and thought. "Hello boulder, nice to meet you, my name's rock smasher."

Spoiler

ID# 71880 results:
Battle: 3+3
Damage: 1+3=4 DMG

Aereth: 400/400 <<40/40>>-1+1

Boulder: 46/50 -4HP form Aereth's attack

Edited by Aereth

After his first successful, hit Aereth retreated his fist, and took some steps back. He then looked at his left fist and smiled. "That felt... Good actually..." This one hit somehow felt relieving for Aereth. "Like always, huh..." Physical work always helped him freeing his head from everything that bothered him. He continued smiling and looked at the bolder once again.

Then with a loud roar, he stormed at the boulder again, readied himself for a hit, and as soon as he got into attack range, shot his fist against the boulder. Another dull thud was heard as his fist made contact with the boulder. This time however he retreated his fist instantly and followed up with his free fist. After that he jumped back and stormed again at the boulder, he started to spin once he reached the attack range and released another blow at the un-moving enemy.

Spoiler

ID# 71881 results:
Battle: 4+3

Boulder: 42/50 -4HP form Aereth's attack

Edited by Aereth

Finishing his combination of hits, Aereth again jumped back and cocked both of his hands to fists. The special handwraps he crafted for this special occasion were doing their job very well. Aereth already chipped away about a fifth of the rocks health points by now. The quest itself wasn't as hard as everybody was assuming. With the right equipment, and patience this quest would be no problem at all. 

Aereth again approached the boulder and hit it multiple times with his fists. Bit by bit, the health points of the boulder were decreasing with every hit Aereth threw at the stupid rock. "Will I really be investing some SP's into this skill after I unlocked it? Before I test this out, I have to talk with Itzal, and maybe even Beat since he also was wielding this particular skill." Slowly but surely Aereth also started to sweat form the physical activity.

Spoiler

ID# 71927 results:

Boulder: 38/50 -4HP form Aereth's attack

Edited by Aereth

The minutes passed by, and Aereth was still trying his best to inflict as much damage as possible to the freaking boulder. The sun was burning down on him and he had already taken off almost all of his equipment, besides his hand wraps and accuracy ring. There he was, with naked upper body, hand wraps, and just his pendant hanging around his neck. He punched, he kicked, he elbowed. To sum everything up, he was using everything he could to damage the stupid boulder.

But then, on moment of carelessness, and his fist glided of the boulder, and his face hit the boulder head on. Aereth grunted, and spit on the ground as he pulled himself up again. "Seems like it is time for a little pause." He thought and went back to where he left all of his stuff. As he looked around him he found some metal like materials that he could use on his light armors, if needed.

Spoiler

ID# 71930 results:
Battle: 1
Loot: 19

Materials: 4

Equipped:
Dexterous Intent, Discovery Ring, Rock Smasher

Edited by Aereth

As he was walking around the plateau, where the quest was situated, Aereth could see almost the whole second floor, since this was one of the highest mountains here. The weather was nice and warm, even though it was almost Christmas. "Christmas, huh?" he thought and remembered the last two Christmas eves, and where he spend them. Mostly inside of bars, drinking himself into consciousness. Nothing he was very proud of. While walking around, he found a set of blue crystals, covered by some dust. He picked them up and stored them away. "Not this year!" he thought. This year he wouldn't spend the whole time drinking. He had found new friends, a family. 

As he reached the boulder once again, he let out another roar and started to punch it recklessly. "Left, right, left, kick..." small chunks of the Boulder started to fly away from where Aereth hit it. 

Spoiler

ID# 72319 results:
Loot: 10+5

Boulder: 34/50 -4HP form Aereth's attack

Materials: 4+4=8

Edited by Aereth

Lately, Aereth was thinking much about his build, and skill point investment. He had already ditched the thought of getting the lock-picking skill, since he wouldn't need to get chests for his ultimate goals. He could easily get some money from mobs on the lower floors. The mobs down there had a massive amount of hit points, but almost no damage output at all. He also had a very good running shop, with a cooperation to a special merchant... So things were running well for Aereth right now. The only question now was, if he would invest skill points into the Material Arts skill or not...

At least he had enough time to think about this while smashing the f*cking boulder. He looked at the health points of the boulder and grinned. "Already 2/5 are gone. Better start thinking about what I'm going to eat tonight." He chuckled.

Spoiler

ID# 72342 results:
Battle: 6+3
Damage: 1+3=4

Boulder: 30/50 -4HP form Aereth's attack

Materials: 8

Edited by Aereth

Again about thirty minutes passed, And Aereth decided to once again take a break. He was sweating very much, and his fists had gone numb somewhere between the first ten and twenty minutes of endless punching. “Thank god I brought enough food and water with me. Otherwise I would surely die.” He said as he fetched a bottle of water from his inventory to kill his thirst.

After he finished his drink, he decided to use the rest of the water in the bottle to refresh himself a little bit. He lifted the bottle, and poured the water right onto his face. His hair and face now soaked with the cool water, Aereth sighed. “That was awesome…” with a swipe of his right hand, he removed his wet hair from his face and combed it back. While he did so, he also was able to spot some herbs, that were growing on the left side of the house where the quest NPC lived.

Spoiler

ID# 72415 results:
Battle: 2+3
Loot: 20+5

Aereth: 400/400 <<39/40>>-2+1

Boulder: 30/50 

Materials: 8+4=12

Edited by Aereth

After his short little break, which consisted of a drink, a little bath, and finding some materials, man was Aereth a good scout, he continued to work on the health points of the stupid boulder in front of him. Rubbing his still wet cheeks Aereth mused. “Seems like it is really not removeable until if finished this stupid quest…” Aereth was talking about the quick drying ink whiskers he received from the quest NPC on the start of this quest.

Dismissing the stupid looking whiskers, Aereth turned once again to the rock and continued where he had left of. As he was punching the rock over and over again, he still felt, or better didn’t feel, his numb fists. “If we were in the real world, I would surely have some ugly injuries from punching a goddamn rock.” He thought while punching the rock over and over again. “If I make it out of here alive, I’ll have some real f*cked up stories to tell…”

Spoiler

ID# 72416 results:

Aereth: 400/400 <<39/40>>-1+1

Boulder: 26/50 -4 HP from Aerth's attack

Materials: 12

Edited by Aereth

It seemed like Aereth’s punches were getting sloppier and sloppier with every minute that passed. Even though he was a freaking stamina freak, he also had his limits. He took breaks from time to time, and found some materials in the meanwhile, but still. Punching a huge a*s rock for hours were taking its toll on him.

Aereth prepared his left fist for yet another punch, and as he finished, let his fist fly towards the rock. Unfortunately, his fist slipped as it made contact with the rock, and he lost his balance. He hit the rock with his head and stumbled back a few steps, before ultimately falling on his ars*.

There he was, sweating, panting and cursing like a wood worker that severed one of his feet while working. The only thing that was good for him was, that nobody else had seen his hilarious stunt. But one strange thing was, that he would have actually enjoyed it if somebody had been here to watch him…

Spoiler

ID# 72417 results:
Loot: 11+5

Aereth: 400/400 <<39/40>>-2+1

Boulder: 26/50

Materials: 12+4=16

Edited by Aereth

Deciding to take another rest, Aereth sat on a bench beneath the boulder, and found another set of herbs directly under said bench.

Even though he was used to train alone, he still missed his guild mates, his dead friend Adrian, and his girlfriend. He didn’t even know how she was right now. He had spent over two years inside this game, with no information what was happening in the real world. Aereth frowned. His bitter feelings were getting the better of him, so he decided to take a deep breath to calm himself down again. Lose emotions, were something like poison for him. All the hatred he had stored inside of him… If he ever lost control over his hatred it would mean nothing good for him. Itzal told him in one of their sparring sessions, that he should under all circumstanced stay calm and collected in combat. Aereth was thinking that he was calm and collected while fighting, and that he only used the hatred inside of him when ultimately necessary, but it seemed that it was leaking out more than he had expected…

Spoiler

ID# 72418 results:
Loot: 16+5

Aereth: 400/400 <<40/40>>+1

Materials: 16+4=20

Edited by Aereth

And this wasn’t good at all. Calmness was one of the things he needed the most in his way to reach his goals. Aereth didn’t want to turn into a blind being, only driven by hatred and revenge. He wanted to protect, to save. But somehow he couldn’t get rid of the hatred inside of him. Too long was he living with it, too deep were the wounds the death of his friend left, too good felt it to use the hatred in combat… “What?!” he snapped. “What the f*ck am I thinking?” He said as he got back up on his feet, hands shaking. Was he really enjoying to fight, to let his hatred loose? “No! This isn’t me. I only use my hatred to drive me when there is absolutely no other choice for me.” He said. “I won’t let my hatred control me. Quite the reverse! I. Control. My. Hatred."

Spoiler

ID# 72419 results:
Loot: 5+5

Materials: 16+4=20

Edited by Aereth

After a couple of minutes to calm down, as well as to recover some of his stamina Aereth got up again and walked towards the boulder in front of him. He touched the stone with his left palm again and took another deep breath. Suddenly he felt calmness wash over him, and all the bad thoughts felt like they weren’t even relevant any more. He opened his eyes, retreated then retreated his and cooked a fist.

With a swift left hook, Aereth continued to chip away the health points of the boulder that was standing in way to get the material arts weapon skill. And again, slowly but surely the health points of the boulder started to decrease again.

Some minutes later he had already put the boulder under half health, due to him getting some good hits on it. Aereth right now only focused on punching that rock. No bad feelings, no hatred.

Spoiler

ID# 72421 results:
Battle: 9
Damage: 1+1+3=5DMG

Boulder: 21/50 -5HP from Aereth's attack

Materials: 20

Edited by Aereth

It really seemed that the break with the calming down did wonders to him. Aereth was hitting the boulder less furiously, but with higher precision, less power, but targeting the weak points. After landing another very good hit, Aereth could hear some cracking noises that were coming from the boulder itself. “It really seems like I’m getting close to destroying this boulder.” Aereth thought as he stepped back a few steps to wait and see what would happen to the boulder. After some time, the cracking voice disappeared again and there was no noise at all anymore. Just the sound of the wind.

There he was. Standing on the top of a mountain punching a boulder until it would finally crack into two pieces. Looking at the damage Aereth already did to the boulder, he was slightly proud of himself. Its health points were deep in the yellow, and just some more punches would end the quest

Spoiler

ID# 72422 results:
Battle: 10
Damage: 1+2+3=6DMG

Boulder: 15/50 -6HP from Aereth's attack

Edited by Aereth

On the boulder were now some small cracks that signalled Aereth that he was very close finishing the quest at hand. Once again breathing in deeply, Aereth started to damage the boulder again. He wasn’t felling anything. His fists were numb; his soul was calm. He had only one thing in his mind. Finishing the quest by destroying the boulder. Punch after punch the health points dropped. And with every punch the cracks on the boulder grew bigger and bigger.

Aereth’s calmness got interrupted by the quest NPC who was now standing behind him. “My, my. I’m impressed that you made it this far. Most of the players taking this quest for the first time go home after the first one or two hours. But you have been here for almost five hours, continuing to destroy the obstacle in your way. You my friend have real fighting spirit.” The quest NPC said to Aereth who rose an eyebrow

Spoiler

ID# 72423 results:
Battle: 9
Damage: 1+1+3=5DMG

Boulder: 10/50 -5HP from Aereth's attack

Edited by Aereth

Aereth turned around to face the NPC at hand. He didn’t really like to talk to NPC’s since they are only AI’s that were programmed to guide you through the game, or to f*ck up your life. Sighing Aereth answered. “You know… I really need to get stronger. And there is only one way to get stronger. Hard resolve and a sh*tton of training. You don’t get stronger by giving up everytime you face hardships. You have to overcome them. And that’s what most players seem to forget…” Aereth answered the NPC in a calm tone.

Very wise words from somebody as young as you. I have no doubts that you will finish your task at hand, and that you will reach your goals, if you continue to think, act, and work like you do here.” The quest NPC answered and walked towards his house once again.

Aereth let the words of the NPC sink in a little bit before he continued to fight the boulder again

Spoiler

ID# 72429 results:
Battle: 1

Aereth: 400/400 <<39/40>>+1-2

Boulder: 10/50 -5HP from Aereth's attack

Edited by Aereth

What the NPC told him was indeed true, but he already knew that. Although he needed some time to fully understand it. The time where Aereth just drank to drown his sorrow in alcohol helped him in finding this way. And after that his life took a turn for the better, he met Itzal and the other guild comrades, he finally got stronger, and even managed to get a home. Yes, the way Aereth was walking was definitely the right one. It was hard indeed, but it was the only way to get stronger.

Aereth then returned his attention to the rock and started punching it over and over again. “Just a little bit more. It’s already in the red zone. Come on!” He thought and landed one hit after the other. The cracks also grew bigger and bigger, and after two more assaults it would be over for good.

Spoiler

ID# 72431 results:
Battle: 6+3
Damage: 1+3=4DMG

Aereth: 400/400 <<39/40>>+1-2

Boulder: 6/50 -4HP from Aereth's attack

Edited by Aereth

The weather was changing, and the first raindrops started to fall. It was about 4 o’ clock in the afternoon, and the sun also began to set. But soon it would be over for Aereth. The boulder only had tiny bit of health left which would vanish completely after one or two hits. Aereth was sweating and panting again, but right now he didn’t want to take a break anymore. It was so close. He already thought about what he would eat after he finished the quest. “Maybe sandwich… Or should I eat something warm?”

Dismissing the thoughts about food for now, he took, for the hopefully last time, a deep breath and focused all of his remaining strength and power in the next few hits. His whole body felt somewhat numb and he had to look at his hands from time to time to see if they were still closed, since he couldn’t feel them anymore...

Spoiler

ID# 72432 results:
Damage: 1+3=4DMG

Aereth: 400/400 <<39/40>>

Boulder: 2/50 -4HP from Aereth's attack

Edited by Aereth

His whole body was shaking from the exhaustion of punching a rock for hours. Aereth wanted to take a step forward, but was unable to do so. “Come on! This is no real body! I can push harder. I just have to do it!” He yelled, and tried to move forwards. Still shaking, his feet started to move again, through the sheer amount of Aereth’s willpower. He needed just one more hit and the boulder would be no more. “Just one more hit.

Suddenly his vision went a little bit blurry and he could see the silhouettes of some of his friends. The first one was Alice, Aereth’s girlfriend, and she was giving him an encouraging smile with her hands crossed over her chest. The second one was Itzal. He was sitting on the boulder giving him a thumbs up, and the last one was… Adrian. His dead friend was just standing between him and the boulder, casting a cocky grin at Aereth.

Spoiler

ID# 72433 results:
Loot: 16+5

Aereth: 400/400 <<38/40>>-2+1

Boulder: 2/50

Materials: 20+4=24

Edited by Aereth