[PP-F8] Hunting the Primal King (Vargas, Beatbox) Complete

Hunting the Primal King

The hunter leaned out against the railing that made up most of the boundary between the town of Florenthia, that clung to the highest points of the trees, and the forest floor that held the boss for this quest.  His crimson armor put a bit of weight against it, but not enough to send him over the edge.  With a straight forward mission like this, he wanted to make sure that there were no chances of failure, so the hunter enlisted some help from someone that he thought could require a second chance.  He had not spoken much to him since the events on the twelfth floor, and he wanted to reconcile with the fighter since that unusual day. 

Every so often, the hunter would see other adventurers coming to and from the make-shift elevator that would allow people to venture into the dark underbelly.  He scratched his jade hair while hoping that someone may also be on the Monkey King's trail.  Though, he didn't want to get his hopes up.

@Vargas @Beatbox

Edited by Hirru

The monkey king, this boss was on his to kill list for a long time, he had been needing to get some more SP that way he could sharpen up his skills that he needed to finish. He took a deep breath as he teleported to floor 8 after having a good nights rest at his new home. He was going to partner up with Hirru with this boss and move on from that one day where Beatbox just had a bad week. He shook off his bad thoughts and told himself to keep moving forward and that they would forgive and forget the time he was ever orange. He wanted to set a good impression to everyone in KoB just in case if the Celestial Ascendants wont last. He eventually found his way where Hirru was and with a smile and a wave he called out to him "Hey Hirru, how have you been?" he asked. He wondered how he would react to his new look and build, but it was only a matter of time before he had learned his new build.

@Hirru - Posted.

Vargas had decided that today would be a good day to explore the other floors. He'd try to avoid the mobs on the floors until he got stronger but seeing the sites and what each floor had to offer was always nice. Walking up to the teleport platform Vargas said, "Florenthia." Upon arriving Vargas saw what people were talking about. Florenthia was a village suspended, high above the waters that were far below. Just thinking about the sheer distance, Vargas was certain that simply jumping over would kill you on impact. Those waters wouldn't save you, that is, if the system allowed you to fall that far. For awhile Vargas wondered around, looking at the shops available on this floor. He also talked to some of the NPCs, picking info on available quests. Finally, he went to the quest board next to, what appeared to be, a make-shift elevator that went up and down the tree. Casually looking through the board he could see that there were multiple quests, primarily for killing this floors standard mobs. One of them, however, was a wanted sign for the Monkey King. He looked at this interestedly, not knowing that this may very well get him into some trouble.

The hunter would look up from his personal thoughts when he heard the familiar voice of the golden haired warrior.  Gaining his balance, he stood from the railing that he leaned on to greet his wayward friend.  He had heard that the Beatbox had taken the quest to remove a pesky inconvenience, but the consequences were still fresh in the hunter's mind.  Raising his right hand to shoulder level, the hunter gave a slight wave with a closed fist excluding the index and middle fingers outstretched.  It would seem more like an unruly two finger salute than a wave.

"I've been well.  I see that you're up and at 'em."

"I figured that we could tackle a rather easy boss today."

The hunter said while leading Beat towards the notice board.  The quest activation would happen for anyone that collected the bounty warrant from the board.  It was while he was getting ready to grab the paper when he noticed someone looking over it.  He seemed to be a little under leveled to be around here, but that was about everyone in the lower floors.  He didn't really have to figure that out too hard, with the Anneal sword in the guys possession.  It's not a very strong one handed blade, but works for most users.

"Hey you!  You looking to fight the Monkey King too?  We could help you, if you want to."

Beatbox grinned, it wasn't really the reaction that he was hoping to go down... but he can't always been forgiven too easily, Beatbox would have to prove himself in many cases. But he smiled, he wouldn't let this get to him spiritually. "It's nice to see that you're still going, fighting bosses and taking name's yourself." he chuckled "Its no problem, I still hadn't fought this boss at all so I wanted to get this out of the way." he said with a determined smile. He had noticed Hirru speak outwards to someone and Beatbox had looked over there too, the player looked like a beginner carrying an anneal blade... "What is a player like that doing on floor eight?! Doesn't he know that he's risking his life by coming to a floor like this?!" he sighed and accepted it as it is, Hirru thought that he would help him out, so why wouldn't Beatbox? Beatbox smiled and waited for the player's response to Hirru.

@Vargas

Vargas turned to see one of the people that had also been looking at the board. Looking behind himself he couldn't see anyone and realized that the guy meant him. Looking back to the board and then the guy Vargas said, "I was just looking around. I haven't really progressed very far in levels so I don't think I'd actually be able to take on this guys." Indicating the wanted poster as he tried to back up a little before he got dragged into another situation. He hadn't been able to accomplish much since he joined the game. Most of the time he'd gotten saved from his own mistakes or he'd requested assistance for a quest so he could level and get gear. One of those times actually resulted in him losing an arm and nearly dying. Vargas sweat-dropped at the thought of how he nearly died to a random boar and then when his 'tank' couldn't land a hit and take aggro, resulting in said arm loss incident.

"Don't worry about it."

The hunter responded to the early adventurer.  He would give a small beat of his fist to the crimson half plate that covered his upper body and left arm.   His blue eyes flaring in excitement while giving a fairly innocent smile.  The hunter wanted to help the young adventurer without getting him hurt.

"I know a way to level you up through this quest without having you see any combat.  Though, it's not really fun for you, but you'll be able to get stronger through the experience gained.  All you have to do is be in our party when we kill the field boss.  You'll gain the same experience that we would from the quest since you were with the party."

He would explain while giving a few points towards Beatbox whenever he was saying "we".  It was at this time that the hunter remembered that Beat was with him, but didn't ask if he wanted to help too.

"Oh yeah!  Sorry, Beat.  I didn't get your input on this."

@Beatbox

Beatbox stood back and waited for Hirru to convince the lower leveled player, Beatbox had no problem with the player coming along with us... but, what he doesn't understand on why that player was here in the first place, its too high of a floor for a lower level player, it just doesn't make any sense of him to be here, maybe he was feeling a little adventurous today... even then that's a dangerous thing to do in this game especially. Beatbox looked back over from staring into space thinking to Hirru and said "Nah its alright, I am pretty sure you already know my answer to that, he can come along. We're capable of keeping him alive." he said with a smile as he stared back out into space thinking about this, he remembered at one point him feeling adventurous... however, he wouldn't go this far up in levels so quickly... maybe it was better for that player to stumble into our sights he supposed, he chuckled and waited for the player to come over to introduce himself or deny the offer.

@Vargas

Vargas felt uncertain as to what to do. He'd become use to other players as he allowed himself to open up to others more and more. It made things easier, that way he didn't have to think of the past. The one in crimson red armor seemed so kind that it was hard to think that they'd try anything on him. Even if they did, not like he could stop them. When he apologized to 'Beat' about not looking for his input Vargas almost felt like he might get away from this, but it turned out he was okay with the idea. When 'Beat' said they were capable of keeping Vargas alive he sighed before nodding. "I guess that's fine then. I leave myself in your hands," Vargas said with a futsurei bow in their direction. Once he was standing straight again he proffered his hand and said, "my name's Vargas."

@Hirru

Edited by Vargas

The hunter gave a huge grin, the likes of which would only be seen on a certain two handed battleaxe wielder.  He gave a quick pound to his breastplate to form some symbolism that he wasn't sure of anymore.  It all just meant that he was happy with the outcome, or so it would seem.

"Alright!  Nice to meet you, Vargas.  I'm Jade Hunter, Hirru, but you can just call me Hirru.  The fighter behind me is Beatbox."

He would give a healthy grin before realizing something.  Even if they kept Vargas from fighting, there was no guarantee that any other monster on this floor wouldn't be any worse for him.  That was when the hunter had a great idea.  He opened his menu to browse through his items.  After a bit of fiddling, Vargas would soon get a trade request.

"You look like you could use some better gear, though.  Try these out.  If you don't want 'em, then that's fine too."

No matter what Vargas would do next, the hunter would then create the party and lead them to the primitive elevator.  It would drop them into the underbelly of the 8th floor, where the Monkey King resided.

Spoiler

Name: Sorrow of the Matron Wolf
Item Type: Light Metal Armor (Heavy)
Quality: Perfect
Tier: 1

Enhancements: 3X Regen 
Description: Light Metal Armor made from the remains of a mother wolf and jade plate armor.  The chest piece has several tufts of fur around the neck and shoulder pieces.  The armor embody the entirety of the left arm as well as the cuirass.  The hide acts as bindings for several areas of the metal, and neck guard around the neck.Has been known to heal the wounds of the one who wears it, as time passes.

"The blood flowed freely from the young pup as its mother looked on in horror.  Nothing she did could stop her little ones untimely demise.  As the little one's cries grew softer, the matron wolf lifted her head to the sky and howled her sorrows; wishing for the spirits to have mercy.  The moon light shown off of her fur as she finished to look back at her cub.  Its wounds seemed to heal in the moon light, as if the spirits had answered her call." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Solace of the Lone Hunter
Item Type: Weapon (One-Handed Straight Sword)
Quality: Perfect
Tier: 1

Enhancements: +3 Damage
Description: An ordinary sword that seems to be no different than any other blade, but the wish to become more would make it sharper than most.

@Beatbox

Edited by Hirru
  • 2 weeks later...

OOC - I AM SO SORRY, I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS THREAD.

"Its a pleasure to meet you." he said with a bow as Hirru introduced him to Vargas, he regained his posture and extended his hand out for a handshake "Beatbox, unofficial title of "the Aer Soldier", Sentinel of the Celestial Ascendants, Secondary DPS in my group in front lines, I hope to work with you on a later day." saying with a informative introduction staying professional, "However you can call me by what everyone else calls me... "Beat"." he chuckled as that nickname was honestly forced upon him, however he didn't really complain about it. He looked over to see Hirru giving him some equipment, and Beatbox felt like he was kind of responsible for helping this player out in some way, so he opened his inventory and scrolled around for anything of use that he could have, however most of his items are Tier 2 weapons in such which he cant use. He sighed and said to him "Well... unlike Hirru were I have extra items, I don't really have much. But if you wish, I could give you some starting col so you could get your own equipment." he said with a warm smile.

@Vargas

(Sorry about the wait)

Vareas nodded and accepted Beatbox's outstretched hand. "Nice to meet you Hirru, Beat." Vargas wondered as to why Beatbox had chosen that username. He recognized the word as a form of free form music. Vargas was drawn out of his ponderance as he was notified of a trade request from Hirru. He opened it and saw that Hirru was trying to give him a heavy armour piece and a sword. Vargas looked at Hirru and accepted as he saw no harm in accepting and trying out the equipment. 

It wasn't long before he'd unequipped his gear and equipped the other two pieces. His left arm was now covered in armour, leaving his right with easy mobility to fight. The armor wasn't restrictive as the hide held the jade plates together on his back and chest, though the fur was a little strange to get used to as it was right along his neck. There was nothing unique about the swords design but it was a sharp weapon and would help him deal more damage.

"Thanks, I'll make good use of this for the time being." Vargas said as he sheathed the blade. Turning to Beatbox, who seemed a little put off at not being able to provide any equipment, "Don't worry. This quest will be enough for me when we complete it."

He followed behind Hirru, who lead the way into the elevator, and began the descent into the depths of the jungle. "Anything I should watch out for specifically?" Vargas asked Hirru as he watched their descent into the dark jungle canopy.

@Hirru

Descending from within the elevator, the light from above would slowly dim due to the canopy of leaves and branches.  As such, the true ground that covered the entirety of the eighth floor was covered in darkness, and nocturnal mobs that prowled their home.  What little light that could be found were through natural and artificial clearings.  The natural ones are always pocketing around dangerous areas, but will sometimes house a safe zone.  The artificial clearings were made from the tree villages.  They would clear the canopies of any debris that would block their every extending bridges.  On the ground level, these paths are main roads to and from certain areas.

The band of three would head out immediately after the elevator stopped.  The undergrowth would impede them if they went into the unsecured forest, so the hunter would lead them through the main road to get closer to the Monkey King's domain.

"Hmm.. I would say, 'watch your back'.  The mobs here are all ambush predators, but the armor I gave you will help out.  Just don't enter the boss fight when we find it."

As the hunter said this, he heard the sound of thunder crackling within the forest.  No, that wasn't thunder, but trees breaking from stress.  Around this time, he activated Reveal just in time to see an outline approaching fast from within the dark.

"Beat!  Prepare for action!  Vargas!  Get back, and don't initiate combat!"

A large monkey paw came out from the dark depths to try and grab at the hunter.  He jumped away while giving a quick session of damage against it.  Retracting its hand, the Monkey King would reveal itself through its glowing eyes and bio-luminescent fur.  

[ID: 74288]
[BD: 6+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Meteor Break] 13x11=143-50= 90 DMG
[MD: 4-1] Miss

Hirru - [835 / 835 HP | 71 / 82 EN][DMG: 13 / MIT: 66 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 1]
Beatbox - [ Fill in current stats (Don't remember stats from this date)]

Monkey King - [160 / 250 HP][DMG: 240 / MIT: 50]

@Beatbox

Edited by Hirru

Time had passed by and the Monkey King had finally decided to appear itself in front of the party of three, Beatbox had unsheathed his sword and looked towards the boss with a smirk, looking back to Vargas for a split second to make sure that he is okay. Beatbox had nodded as Hirru wanted him to prepare his attack as he had unleashed his, and Beatbox perfectly synchronized his attack with Hirru's as his was done Beatbox ran in with a battle cry and unleashed his, the same sword art that Hirru had used. He looked over to Hirru for a split second with a smile showing that he had grown as a player and strived to become a better person that day, he finished his combo and took a leap back looking over to Vargas and said to him "I don't think its a good idea to try to attack the boss, I'd stay back Vargas." he said with a smile as he looked back forward to the boss.

@Vargas

-----

ID: 74401 - BD: 9

Sword Art Used: Meteor Break (Damage 14+1=15*11=165-50=115)

Hirru: 835/835 - 71/82

Beatbox: 855/855 - 73/84 [-11 Energy]

Monkey King: 45/250 [-115 HP]

The three continued on as the elevator stopped its decent. Little light was able to penetrate through the canopy. "Watch my back...got it, Vargas replied, feeling like that was probably a given, but with how many players had already passed on it was still good to keep in mind. Just as they'd finished, loud rumbling noises were heard. Vargas was about to ask when Hirru shouted his orders. A large paw appeared suddenly, reaching for Hirru and blowing Vargas back as it sped past.

Vargas watched from his sitting position as the two attacked synchronically. Both unleashing multiple hits upon the beast before backing. "I don't think its a good idea to try to attack the boss, I'd stay back Vargas." Beatbox said over his shoulder to Vargas. "Yeah, yeah. I got that when Hirru said it the first time," Vargas replied, disgruntled, as he got himself up and moved himself further back to a safe distance. Drawing his sword he scanned the visible area for any potential mobs that might join the fray. As he looked he could see the beast preparing it's own attack and it was directed at Beatbox. "Beatbox, watch out! It's coming after you!" Vargas yelled, trying to draw his attention to the hand that was coming down on top of him.

(Realized you guys said don't join fight, so ignoring this anyways.)
ID #74822
BD: 1

@Hirru

Edited by Vargas

The hand was a feint.  The hunter could see something else coming out from the forest that seemed as big as the trees themselves.  There was no way that thing could be...  It wasn't until the cracking of thunder that the hunter knew what was going on.  Bark was breaking; living wood screaming.

"Get down!"

The hunter shouted before the limbs of a tree could be seen falling over them.  The tree was as large as the others that covered the eighth floor, which gave a quick reminder of the power that this creature had.  It could level the entire forest, without anyone knowing where or why.  No wonder the tree villagers are so scared of this creature, as it will destroy their homes and lives.

The attack blasted him and Beat back into a rough landing against the trees.  Both stunned, and unable to attack, they could only hope that it would not target Vargas, or that he would not attack the creature.  Though, they should already have the hate advantage.

[ID: 74830]
[BD: 1] Miss [Stunned]
[MD: 9] Crit [Stun AOE Attack = 120 Stun dmg] (120-66= 54 hp lost)

Hirru - [781 / 835 HP | 71 / 82 EN] (-54 hp) [Stunned]
Beatbox - [801 / 855 HP | 73 / 84 EN] (-54 hp) [Stunned]

Monkey King - [45 / 250 HP][DMG: 240 / MIT: 50]

@Beatbox

Edited by Hirru
Fixing health to damage taken

Beatbox had spaced out for a moment, he had watched Hirru attack the monkey king believing that he was about to take it down without much effort at all, however it took him a moment to register that the boss had indeed got out of the way and threw a tree at both Hirru and him. He snapped back into reality with shock and failed to get out of the way of its strike. He was hit and was forced to hit the ground due to the force of impact that had hit him, forcing a paralysis upon him. Beatbox groaned out in pain and looked out to Vargas and yelled out "Don't attack! Leave it to us!" then recovered from the paralysis pushing the tree off from him, he pushed it off and he got himself from under the tree, patting the dust off his pants and standing back up looking for his sword, he went over to grab his sword and looked at the boss with an angered look, he did not like what it had done to Beatbox, at all.

@Vargas

-----

Beatbox Recovers from Paralysis, +1 EN

Vargas watched, stunned, as the attack he'd tried to warn Beatbox only for it to be a feint, resulting in both of them being stunned. The blast blew both Hirru and Beatbox back. Vargas moved forward quickly, wanting to help, only for Beatbox to yell for him not to. He stopped where he was. Letting them fight this thing on there own didn't seem right to him, but putting himself into harms way just to mess things up and get someone else hurt would be worse. 

Stepping back reluctantly, Vargas watched as the two continued to fight the monkey king. There was nothing he could do. He could try to stun the beast but that'd only piss it off. Even if he wasn't able to, it would only draw its attention on to him. Thus, leaving him in a bad position. Not just for himself but for the others too. Scanning the area once more, he found nothing as far as other mobs in the area. Seeing none, he focused his attention back to the boss.

@Hirru

Edited by Vargas

Getting up would be easy, but getting up with a large creature attacking you was a little harder.  Especially after having a tree thrown at you.  The hunter eased up along the trunk of the tree that he was smashed into.  The shock was still overcoming him, but he couldn't let that slide.  The Monkey King was back at it, and was about to descend on Beat.  Although it would be fine for Beat to take the damage, as he and the hunter were similarly leveled, he still couldn't allow harm to his team.  Not that Beat would allow that either.

It didn't matter.

The monkey king would miss its lunging attack, as Beat was much too fast for it.  The hunter's attack would fall in vain, as well.  The creature was just as fast.  It would take a little more from him to get through that reaction time.  Hopefully, Beat could take it out in time, or maybe...

"Beat!  You got this one!"

[ID: 75021]
[BD: 2+2] Miss
[MD: 3-3] Miss

Hirru - [781 / 835 HP | 69 / 82 EN] (+1 EN, -2 EN)
Beatbox - [801 / 855 HP | 73 / 84 EN]

Monkey King - [45 / 250 HP][DMG: 240 / MIT: 50]

@Beatbox

Edited by Hirru

Beatbox had looked over to Hirru as he had stood up and had failed to strike down the monkey king, however that all did not matter at the moment, Beatbox had looked forward to the boss and with a burst of sudden energy, Beatbox had lunged forward striking down the boss with his ultimate combo Meteor Break, and struck the boss with slash after slash and blow after blow until its HP eventually had fell to nothing. The boss had let out one last final roar and breath as it fell down exploded into crystals that had faded away from the air. Beatbox had taken a deep breath and sheathed his sword as he turned around the boss and started to walk away slowly from the site of the boss exclaiming "Well, that was simple yet challenging all at the same time. Wouldn't you agree Hirru?" he looked over as he had asked.

@Vargas - I am pretty sure Hirru wouldn't care if you ended the thread now, its been going on a long time, and theres nothing left we can do except post it out 20 times to find a dungeon, which I don't wanna RP really. 

-----

ID: 74631 - BD: 10

Sword Art Used: Meteor Break (Damage 14+2=16*11=176-50=126)

Hirru: 781/835 - 69/82

Beatbox: 801/855 - 64/84 [+1 EN / -11 Energy]

Monkey King: 0/250 [-126 HP]