[PP-F5] <<The Traveler>> (Morgenstern) [COMPLETE]

Spoiler

Quest Description:

A mysterious NPC wearing a thick cloak that wraps around her entire body, including her face, approaches and explains that she has precious cargo in the depths of the deserts, hidden beneath the sand. She has become weak with sickness, and must rest. However, the goods must be recovered within two days. It's up to you to find it.

The trip into the desert will take a day and a night, so you must be prepared to survive. Once in the desert, you lose 10 points of health every time you roll a 1 on your crafting die due to the wind and the sand. If you manage to survive this quest and find the cargo, you will be gifted with the <<Survival>> extra skill.

This skill will give you the ability to survive harsh areas.

Requirements:

At least One [1] Page (21 or more posts)
The cargo must be found
Repeat completions will not reward the player with additional skill points.

Quest Rewards:

Survival: (Extra Skill) No Ranks. Passive. Effect: Increases the health you regenerate per post to 6 when out of combat. Survival also gives immunity to damage dealing environment effects.
1 Skill Point

It's really hot here. She thought to herself, pulling herself through the main settlement of the fifth floor. It simply was not the correct temperature for someone with heavy armor on at all times. Indeed, it was either heavy armor, or a dress... And she was not going to wear a dress in front of everyone even if the floor was as hot as this. The only person she would wear a dress for is Itzal, and she had done just that a couple of months ago. That was a story for another time... A story that was already told. She had heard of a quest here that provided the quest completer a skill that provides health healing out of combat as well as immunity to harsh environmental effects. The first wasn't really significant to her but the second effect, boy that was going to be useful. Who knows when this skill will be useful? She had heard from a couple of front liners in a tavern that the atmosphere out on the front lines are harsh and dangerous and almost everyone had this survival skill... Except for her, of course, and she needed to have this skill in her skill pool if she wanted to join the front lines. Kasier coughed, her eyes tearing up from the heat before she sat down under the shade from the roof of a tavern. Me suffering from exposure of this heat is a sign of weakness. Kasier determined, looking around her and soon enough, just like she thought, an NPC wearing a thick cloak that around her body approached her.

"Dearest player... I am weak and I have lost cargo in the desert... I am too sick to retrieve it but I must have the cargo back in two days for political business... It is very important, and I cannot walk any further. Please help me on this quest." The NPC said, weakly, immediately after crawling at her feet. 

"But wait," Kasier said, helping the NPC to a seat next to her, "Do you know exactly where this cargo is?"

"No, young one... For a gust of wind blew it away from me. I suspect that it was the blood shark that caused such a huge sandstorm of a wind. But it should be a day's journey and at most one day and a half."

Immediately after she said this, she passed out from tiredness and sickness. Kasier sighed, accepting the quest, knowing that it would be necessary for her in order to obtain the skill that she needs as a soon-to-be front liner. Kasier, then looked around, wondering if there was anyone around who can help carry the sick, old NPC into the tavern so she can get some rest and maybe even some medical attention.

@Morgenstern

Edited by Kasier

Jonathan stood on the fifth floor. Why he did, he had no idea. He guess he was just walking in random places, trying to get the boss fight off of his mind. It would happen in a few days, and the blond was more worried than ever. The Tank Paladin adorned his Rare white and Gold Jacket with Jeans due to the heat of this floor.  He began toward he desert when he seen a familiar face. The face of the Healer Paladin. He headed over, smiling as he did. It was nice to see a familiar face. As he neared he gave her a slight wave. "Hello Kasier.... Fancy to see you in a place like this.... " Jonathan noticed the weakened and sick woman that sat on the chair passed out. "Wait a minute... You are not doing the Survival quest are you? Worst quest I have ever taken, but most likely the most beneficial." Jonathan kicked some sand away from the two of them, waiting for the woman to reply. He had never been good at starting conversations. Especially with women. I wonder if she will want help on this quest or plans to solo it. I guess there is really only one way to find out. 

"Yeah, help me with this getting this NPC inside, please. It's pretty obvious that she's in need of a cooler environment." Kasier said after deciding that a formal greetings would not be necessary as they were guild members. Besides, she would much rather bringing an NPC to safety than to greet a worthless greetings that doesn't get much done in the grand scheme of things. Unless, of course, it was Itzal she was greeting. Kasier grabbed onto the woman's head and pointed at the woman's legs, signaling him to grab ahold of the woman and help her carry her into the tavern that they were next to. "I am going to need some assistance with this quest. I hope you are free for a day or two." Kasier stated, grunting from weakness as she struggled to bring the woman up from the bench that she was sitting on. Eventually, though, they were able to carry the woman into the tavern and after paying the tavern boss/inn keeper, Kasier paid a few insignificant amount of Col, renting a room for the woman to stay in until she returned after obtaining the cargo. "Okay, then. If we set out right now, we should be able to make it back by tomorrow night at the latest. It's a shame that she said she had no clue where this cargo was but I guess a big cart of... Items in the middle of sand should stand out quite a bit. Let me go purchase a few bottles of water first. You should probably do that too." Kasier suggested, walking to the inn keeper once more and after whispering, obtained a few bottles of water, which surprisingly, were free. Excellent. I don't have to waste my limited supply of Col then. She decided.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan looked to Kasier, who ended up keeping things short. He nodded his her as she asked for him to help her carry the woman inside to the tavern. He the woman's torso which was quite light due to her small frame and weakened state. Kasier however seemed to be struggling a tad. It did not surprise him. She was quite small herself, and had invested all of her points so far into support, even though something told Jonathan she should have had healing completed so far meaning she should be working on something else. He set the woman in the place Kasier wanted and walked out of the tavern with the Healer Paladin. No worries, I will help you. Mmediately the woman began to move for supplies and then advised Jonathan to do the same. No worries, I should be fine. The survival skill allows me to transverse this area easily. I am able to avoid all enviormental struggles on all floors. It also helps with temperature and dehydration. Jonathan smiled to the woman, but grabbed two bottles of water to make sure she was satisfied. It was her quest, so she would lead the way, so Jonathan remained put. 

"Very well. I didn't realize that the skill obtained from this quest would be useful in eliminating thirst. Now that I think about it, isn't that just a bit too overpowered? The ability to have complete endurance of thirst and environmental harshness?" Kasier asked, but it was more like a rhetorical question rather than an actual question that needed an answer. Of course, she didn't need an answer either, for the game does whatever Kayaba wants it to do. If Kayaba wants such a skill to exist, then the skill shall exist even if it makes the players' life a lot easier than it would have been without the skill. It wasn't like the players had any sort of say in the skill being created but she is sure that the players wouldn't mind to have the skill at all. "Ok, then. We shall head out straight away." Kasier decided. She wanted the quest done as quickly as possible so she can obtain the skill points necessary in order for her to reach the next level as well as obtain a possible new rank in one of her skills. Which reminds me... I need to ask him about the tank build sometimes. Kasier thought to herself, I hope I remember, I can do it tonight probably. Kasier opened the door only to be greeted by a sudden gust of sand and wind, which was definitely not a good combination. She needed to get used to it though, since she's going to be out here all day and night even if the tavern was a lot more appealing than the desert. "I wonder if they have any camels for rent. I wouldn't mind not having to walk through the middle of the desert. Do you see any around?" Kasier asked.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan stood as Kasier prepared for their journey. She appeared to be contemplating if the survival skill was a bit overpowered. It was a huge help, but over time it barely becomes noticeable. He stepped forward himself. The desert looked much calmer today then it did when he and Itzal were out here. His smile faded as he came to that name. I don't believe I have really seen him in a while. Previously, you would never find us apart, but over time we have appeared to have grown.... Distant. Jonathan shook the thoughts out of his head and returned his attention to Kasier. She appeared to be done with getting everything ready, but did not appear to keen on walking. She requested for him to help her and find camels. Camels..... I have never seen them in this floor but I guess it would make sense. He turned to Kasier and gave her a slight nod before heading in the opposite direction for camels. He scanned the area, not seeing any camels on this side of town. This won't do now will it? Jonathan returned to Kasier, shaking his head in disapproval of finding the camels. 

ID: 72535
CD: 6
LD: 13
No damage taken
No materials found

Kasier stared at Jonathan for a while as he appeared to be reading her mind. She had some strange feeling that he knew exactly what she was thinking for a moment but soon, the man walked into the opposite direction, seeking for camels to rent out. During this time, Kasier looked around as her hair was being bombarded by a sudden wave of heat. This isn't good. Kasier thought, at this point, I would have to wear my starter clothes... And that is definitely not going to be useful in the case of an ambush. Kasier came to the conclusion, deciding soon after that she would much rather be exhausted by heat than be unable to defend herself against mobs and enemies that might pop out at them suddenly. Soon, after sitting down for a while to avoid unnecessary exposure to heat, she stood up once more when Jonathan walked towards her, shaking his head. "Very well then. Let us head out... There is no point in wasting Col on camels anyway. This quest should not take more than a day so camels are completely unnecessary. I am now ready and we shall now head out into the sea of sand." Kasier said, officially declaring the quest's beginning as she took one step outside of the safe zone and immediately felt a gust of sandstorm pouncing into her face. "Well, follow up then." She exclaimed, "And I might as well search for some tier one materials while we are at it... It doesn't help to waste time walking through the desert." She finished, strolling through the outskirts of the desert.

@Morgenstern

Edited by Kasier

72547 LD:7+2(Jacket)=9 No Mat

Jonathan stopped behind Kasier who turned after his news of now camels. She ditched the idea, and apparently wanted to get started as soon as possible. She seemed to search the ground for materials, and Jonathan did as well. It was a good idea, espicallly since he needed some. He did not need tier one exactly, but it was better than not having anything. After not finding anything in close proximity, he sighed and caught up to Kasier, planning to go with light conversation. He opened his mouth to speak but faltered. He and Kasier were friends now, but he never knew what to say. They never really had anything in common. They worked together, but they did not really talk with eachother which was fine. He sighed but continued his journey, silently n=but surely. Kasier needed this to progress. Lots of bosses had environmental effects. Just about everyone had survival. 

@Kasier

Edited by Morgenstern

ID: 72564
CD: 1
LD: 6
Damage Taken
No Materials Found

Kasier continued to walk in silence and it had been a few hours by now, enough time so that the sun was already beginning to drop. Night time was a time of danger, a time when dangerous night mobs soared free and day mobs seek protection from the midst of the night. Indeed, a player who was wise knows not to mess with Aincrad at night. Even the most experienced of players can face difficulty at night if they are not cautious, be it on the fifth floor, a floor that excitement had long disappeared from since the day it was discovered... In fact, Kasier does not even remember that day when this floor had been discovered for she had still been hiding within the safety of her hotel during that time. Those were pitiful times... If only she had been out here grinding since the beginning of the game, she wouldn't be as weak and pitiful as she is now. A whimper soon appeared from her mouth when she was suddenly struck in the face by an oncoming desert sandstorm. If she had been paying attention, she would have noticed the arriving storm of sand but she hadn't and the result of it was her losing ten health points... Not that she cared necessarily because her health was far superior than the damage that she might take from this quest. Once more, Kasier continued on without the use of her mouth in speech.

Kasier: 550/560

@Morgenstern

Edited by Kasier

Jonathan walked beside Kasier to which it eventually became hours. He remembered doing this quest previously, and it was just as boring as this quest was. The tank sighed and looked around, but still did not see any materials popping out of the ground. He sighed and looked forward at the sun. It had already began to drop in the sky, indicating night was becoming close. Where had the day gone? Jonathan looked around. here was nothing but the sea of sand in front of him. An endless amount of sand. This quest better be over by the end of tommorow. This quest was long and boring. No hunting anything, just searching for an item and returning it. It was just a rather long game of "fetch" He looked over to Kasier. In the next hour or so, we need to find a place to bunk for the night. Most things in the night travel over ground, so most likely the higher the better."

72623 LD:10+2

Edited by Morgenstern

ID: 72630
CD: 3
LD: 14
No Damage Taken
No Materials Found

Kasier had noticed it as well... How much darker the desert was compared to when the two first entered the desert. She figured that it going to be night time soon and she didn't need much experience to know that night time was dangerous. After a approximately one and a half more hours of walking and not being able to find the luggage, she soon found that there was a cave in the midst of the sand, a cave that the two can reside in for the night. "That one will do." Kasier said plainly, pointing to the cave which was slightly above the earth's surface's elevation. Plus, it was in quite the concealed area hence mobs should be unable to see this cave... Even if they do, most probably won't bother to look inside for easy prey due to how uncommon it was for players to reside in an area such as this one. Without hearing a response, seeing that the temperature was already dropping and the sun was falling, Kasier strolled along the sand, dust coming from her shoes as she made her way to the hidden cave. A cough followed as a few pebbles got in her nose and mouth but she would have a drink of water as soon as she reached the interior. As she pulled out the water from within her inventory, she slowly sipped it while observing the cave. The inside was lit up by a few torches and in the midst of the cave was a campfire. Surprisingly, there were only sand on the outside of the cave, yet none in the inside. It was obvious that this cave was meant to be a check point in the original game.

Kasier: 560/560 (+10)

@Morgenstern

Edited by Kasier

Jonathan eyes glanced to where the woman indicated for a place to stay would be. Jonathan seen a small hole in the side of rocky mountain. He smiled and followed her into it. As they arrived Jonathan the scene front of him. There was a few torches and a place full of logs ready for a fire. Obviously it was to be used as a place for a player to stay, or another player was around here. Jonathan shrugged and stepped inside. It was quite spacious and immediately Jonathan opened his inventory and pulled out a bed roll and placed it down in the corner of the cave. He nodded to Kasier and said, "Night. See you in the morning." Jonathan gave a quick wave and pulled up the hood of his jacket and sat on his bedroll. He took a glance around the cave one last time before propping himself against the wall of the cave. From there he slowly began to drift off to sleep. Jonathan's dream began to drift until he found two simple words etched in the back of his mind. Welcome Back. 

@Kasier

Edited by Morgenstern

ID: 72699
CD: 9
No Damage Taken

The desert was an exceptionally cold place at night. Far colder than the average temperature in Aincrad, not that it made that much of a difference for the players anyway. Still, Kasier would rather not feel the breeze of the freezing, bitter cold touching the soft, white skin that she so possesses. Kasier sat up, deciding that she would be nice and offer some food for the two players but she found out that the man had already fallen asleep in a still motion. Pathetic... Kasier thought, shaking her head and lighting up the fire in the middle while covering herself with a blanket. The fire provided both her with warmth and a method of heating up her food, especially the coffee that she had just poured out. There really wasn't much situations in this game that allows the player to peacefully think about life and all that they have been through but Kasier had just been given this opportunity. Here she was, in the middle of nowhere, sipping a cup of coffee that held utmost warmth from the fire that she had built and she was finding it hard for her to become tired... Coffee didn't help very much either. Kasier pulled out a sandwich that she had made earlier, beginning to chew on it. Soon, after thinking about things for a couple of hours, she found herself asleep, just like Jonathan.

@Morgenstern

Edited by Kasier

Jonathan's mind slowly wandered about his dreams, to half of which were nightmares. He would only end up remembering one. Meeting his end to the foot of a giant stone collosus. His interpretation of what the boss fight would look like. He forced himself to wake up to find Kasier asleep a fire roaring next to her and it was still obviously night. Give it about another hour and there would be more light. He stood slowly and stretched. From there he leapt quickly and silently over Kasier and into the darkness of the desert. After getting enough distance from the cave he sprang away. He would return surely, with something he believed Kasier would enjoy. He stopped his run at a nearby town. He strolled forward, noticing this was a small town with few to little NPC's in i. Not a single other player was here. He walked up to the food area and picked an assortment of items including doughnuts, eggs, coffee, and some more water. He smiled to the register man and began his journey back. As he reentered the cave he noticed that Kasier still appeared to be asleep. He sighed and sat around, waiting for her to awake.

ID: 72752
CD: 4
No Damage Taken.

Kasier yawned, stretching her back as she found it quite stiff after the long passage of walking from noon all the way to night. It had been a boring one as well, with no conversation or anything of the sorts. Still, it was better to have someone with her then nobody in case anything happened out here in the deserts. She had found that robbers and enemies tend not to engage in combat if the target is not only or if they looked tough. Kasier was by far not tough but Jonathan was a tank, someone who should do just fine in scaring people away. Kasier looked around, seeing that Jonathan was already up and appeared to be eating. Unfortunately, she had not gotten enough sleep out here. The atmosphere wasn't that good and the ground was stone cold during the night, it was a miracle that Jonathan could fall asleep immediately after crashing into the ground. Kasier sighed, standing up and checking that all her gear is already prepared, began to walk out of the cave. "Alright, let's get this quest completed and done with. I don't want to spend too much time out here in the harsh conditions of the desert. And, I'm not hungry. Plus, you can probably carry those and eat them as you go. I wish to complete this quest as soon as it is physically possible." Kasier declared, taking a step out of the cave and into the hot, sunny desert.

@Morgenstern

Edited by Kasier

Jonathan smiled and she watched the woman yawn and stretch. "Good morning sleeping beauty, ready for another round?" Jonathan chuckled and watched her observe around, noticing he had food. She appeared to be in a rush wanting to get things done though and declined food. Jonathan frowned. He guessed she had no idea that he completely left to go and get them. "You really should eat, but I am not going to force you to do anything"  Jonathan smiled and popped a donut in his mouth. "Hmm... Wait a second. I don't like coffee though. I got it for you. You just want to take it and drink it later then?" Jonathan equipped his weapon and stood exiting the cave behind the woman. In an instant his eyes met the sun and he felt a blaze of heat. He had not realized that the cave was cooler than outside. If we move quickly, we should be there around three in the afternoon. We have gone at a good rate, and cut off a great deal of time. Jonathan smiled and looked around ensuring that there was nothing in thier path. 

ID: 72758
CD: 2

"Gratitude for buying some coffee for me," Kasier said, willingly receive the coffee that Jonathan had bought for her. She had to admit, it was quite considerate of him to buy coffee for someone like her and she won't refuse the gift due to the fact that she truly needed as much energy as she can for the rest of the day. As soon as she returns, she is going to crash into her shop and sleep for as long as possible in hopes of being able to replenish some of the sleep that she has lost from doing this quest. Luckily, it really shouldn't be that long. "But we need to head out immediately. I desire to finish this quest with as much haste as physically possible," She stated, eyes already seeming to be bombarded by an oncoming sandstorm. Taking a sip of her coffee and walking out of the tent, she began to walk, expecting Jonathan to be right behind her. "Oh, and by the way. Never look at a lady when she awakes from sleep. It can send the wrong message. Oh, one more thing, if you are ever going to find a girl friend... Please don't call her sleeping beauty. Like ever. It's awkward," Kasier finished, walking and soon settling into silence, slowly sipping her coffee (which, surprisingly, doesn't have sand in it. Ah~ I love the logic of this game.)

@Morgenstern

Edited by Kasier

Jonathan began to walk forward, Kasier beside him. She led the way, but they were making... some kind of conversation. She did enjoy the fact that he had bought her coffee, but needed to get a good head start. Jonathan shrugged. It certainly would not take that much longer to get there, and the road back was much easier and faster to transverse. Especially since there was a town you can teleport to. As they walked, Jonathan did fade back a bit when Kasier mentioned him calling her sleeping beauty, a tad weird. Jonathan threw his hands up silently. Nothing was not weird to say around women he guessed. Jonathan sighed and fell back into silence, occasionally taking a bite of a chocolate doughnut. He did not eat them a lot, so they were more a delicacy to him. They were quite tasty and filling. If only he had gotten a thing of milk as well. Then everything would be just great. Well, this trip really should not take much more time, give it another hour or two, and we should be there for sure. Then Kasier can go to a nearby town, and teleport to the town she needs to go to. 

And hence, another hour or two has passed and just like Jonathan had predicted, the two were able to find the cargo lying on the top of sand. It was a box in poor conditions but there was no doubt that it was the objective that needed to be found in order for this quest to be deemed complete. And she had done it... This was yet another quest that had been complete and yet another skill point or two that would add to her skill point pool, taking her closer to a new block rank and also taking her closer to level thirty. With the skill points that she would receive at the completion of this quest, it was inevitable that she shall reach level 29. One more level, and she will be level thirty. The level that she needed to be for the last boss fight... The level that she will be for the next guild fight. Kasier smiled in confidence and satisfaction as she picked up the box and put it into her inventory. Kasier looked over at Jonathan and once more began to walk... Towards the nearest town that she sees. "Indeed, this should be the end of the quest. It is a relieve that we have managed to find this cargo without experiencing any dangers which might affect us too terribly. I express my gratitude to you for accompanying me along this quest. Have a good rest of your day, for I must return the cargo to the sickly woman." Without another word, Kasier walked into the teleportation zone and with one word was teleported to her destination. By the way... I wonder what is inside the cargo. She thought, shaking her head and deciding that she probably didn't want to find out.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan followed Kasier, ad he spotted a crate of items almost buried in the sand. He was about to say something about it, but she appeared to have already seen it. She retrieved and thanked him for helping her. Jonathan nodded and said, "Glad I could be of use, anyway, this quest is important for boss fights, and gives some needed skill points. It will be a pleasure to see you on the frontlines." Jonathan watched as the woman moved to the teleport pad to be able to tend to the sickly woman. He waved as she faded in a bright blue light. Where to next? I have completed my work here today. It was a good amount of training anyway. I am only a little bit away from getting Battle healing to rank three. It needs to be upgraded and soon. I better get to work. I have my Accuracy item now, so little work left to do. Jonathan slowly began to move his way over back to the town. He wanted to be alone, so he walked. Without Kasier, he would be able to run, and get there in half of the time. 

@Kasier