[PP-F9] Wildfire <<Guardian of Fire>>

Sey was a player that was able to fight in both close and far combat, already helping him build a set designed to make him the Jack of all trades fighter that people told him he was. This took some work, but he was finally getting it. However, he was going solo on this job. It was a weird floor that smelled weird, but the sweet scent of Skill points was something far more powerful than the weird actual smell that was here. "This seems a little hard, but it does not seem that bad." Sey would tell himself as he pressed the blue circle of the quest. Now he was going to get burned, but that did not mean he was not in a good position. After all, with the survivalist skill, he should be able to do that without a problem. Placing his hands in his pockets, he would begin to walk out of the safe zone, but not quite there yet. He would look out from inside of the safe zone, seeing many holes on the ground. It was a terrible place to fall, for falling is an insta-death scenario.

It had only been a few days since Hydra had last visited his least favorite floor. Sighing the spearman opened up his quest tab to see what sort of adventures he hadn't yet taken on in this place. "No... no....no." Hydra flicked through the potential quests nothing seemingly jumping out at him. Thanks to his orange player killer status he couldn't enter settled areas where perhaps the better quests could be found. 

Slinging his new weapon over his shoulder Hydra pushed himself upwards from his seated position on a rock, and then glanced over the volcanic landscape. "Huh?" The spearman raised his hand to his head to block the sunlight. He could make out a figure wandering about the volcanic wilderness. "Is that Sey?" He mumbled in bewilderment. "I wonder what he is doing?" Hydra quickly jumped down and began to head towards his acquaintances position, of course keeping an eye out for any potholes or lava lakes as he traversed the hazardous environment. After a few minutes of walking he reached his friend. "Hey there. What are you up to?" Hydra said smiling as he approached Sey.

Turning to see where that somewhat familiar voices source would come from, he would notice a more familiar face. One that he could remember more by the looks rather than the sound. However, the orange crystal did not show a threat to him, since they met back in the past one time. And when he could indeed have killed the snow-haired player, he would instead help in fighting monsters and gaining the loot from the floor. "Yo Hydra! Seems like you hang around here often. I came here to take on a quest, nothing too special I guess." Sey explained as he would shrug his shoulders, placing his hands over his chest as he crossed them. He'd also tilt his head to the right side. "As for you? What are you doing around here? There are better floors than this one you know. One that doesn't possess the risk of falling to your certain doom... Or at the very least, doesn't possess quite the... Strong odor."

"I know tell me about it." Hydra half laughed half sighed. Pausing to think about what he was doing here the spearman scratched his head for a moment. "I was actually looking for a quest to do as well." He turned his head and glanced towards one of the larger volcanoes, a sort of 'go to floor nine they said, it'll be fun they said' look was spread across his face.  "Most that are available to me, either involve going to the stinky parts or falling into one of those volcanic craters. Truth be told I don't really like either of those options so I decided to procrastinate." At that point Hydra let out a long yawn and patted his mouth. Finalizing by zoning out momentarily his eyes staring off into space but at Sey at the same time. "Huh?..." The brunette shook his head. "So what was this quest you are going on?"

Edited by Hydra

"Doesn't sound like a healthy habit. But if you're happy, then who am I to stop you?" Sey would explain as he put his hands back down by his sides before smiling a humble amount. Hydra would then explain that he was looking for a quest to do, which meant that the timing was more than golden. On top of that, the brunette would continue by asking what he needed to do for the quest. Opening up the HUD screen with the quest description, he would aim to sum it up. "Basically, we have a beast to take down. It has three heads, though many hounds also follow it as well. It doesn't seem to be too much of a threat, but that can be the final words of those who die in battle. So I'd rather not be cocky. Since rewards are individual, rather than split, I don't mind you tagging along." Sey would explain before tilting his head to the side. Now if there were any questions, they needed to be asked now.

"Alright nice." Hydra said laughing a little. He paused to think of a question but none came to mind, he assumed Sey already knew about what direction they were suppose to be heading in so the young brunette decided that he would just follow him. In the worst case scenario Hydra had the survival skill, so if anything were to 'unexpectedly' erupt it was at least only half as likely to kill him, or alternatively leave him badly injured and only with half a body. "Im ready when you are." The brunette paused again as some sweat ran down his face. "Please be ready." He thought to himself  wanting to escape the heat and also the smell as quickly as possible.  The quest itself did ring a bell to Hydra, he had never taken it before perhaps he had heard others talking about it. Apparently if the boss could be killed swiftly then there was no danger, but if one were to miss then they could quickly meet their end. "Ah im sure it'll be fine." The spearman pondered shrugging to himself. There were two of them, how bad could a few canines be.

"Yeah, I am ready to go now. They say that it takes a couple days of traveling south to make it over to the cave, so if we want to get this done by the sunset, we should try to sprint for a few hours. I'm down for it." The snow-haired player would explain before pressing the soles of his feet against the ground, then leaping away from the scene hoping that his partner would be running behind him. While Sey did not have any speed boosts, he was a balance trait character. Spear in hand in case they were to get encounters. The farther away he was from the village, the safer he felt. They said that the worst of the enemies would end up spawning far from the safe zone, to make things hard. But all of the time that he spent playing the game, he learned that those were just lies to scare the players away. The ones who did not know any better anyways. And Sey was an explorer, so something that stupid would not be believed until he found out first-hand. Perhaps it was a stupid mentality to have, but he was still alive, and that was what mattered at the end of the day.

Hydra thought he heard the word 'run' for a moment. "Ahah Sey don't make jokes like that, especially on this floor." The brunette opened his eyes only to see Sey was no longer there. "Err Sey?" Over in the distance Hydra could make out his snow haired acquaintance already moving swiftly towards the location. Hydra stood and watched for a moment, he would cry if he could. Unfortunately the heat meant that was impossible. Settling with a long sigh instead Hydra did a quick equipment check before following after Sey. 

"So this was the catch." He half laughed half mumbled to himself. The thought of a two day trip was already draining the spearman of all life already, and he had barely even taken a few steps. Hopefully the scenery would improve along the way... as well as the smell. In any case this was going to be a long adventure. At least he and his friend had one thing in common, they were both one handed spear users, "Hmm I wonder what kind of skills Sey is going to invest into?" Hydra pondered. The young adventurer himself was investing into a good survivability and damage build. The main source of damage coming from his weapon. In any case it wouldn't hurt to find out. 

Running on this floor was by far the best idea had so far. The risks were minimal for sure, including passing out from exhaustion, passing out from heat stroke, falling to one's death, but that was about it. However, with an extreme amount of luck, he just NEARLY fell off of the edge, almost slipping, but his other foot kept him up from falling. "That was FAR too close!" He'd exclaim, only to look forward again and see it in front of them. And then it made sense. Yeah, it took two to three days, but that was an estimation. Did they account for the stupid white-haired, white-skinned boy that was actually willing to run rather than look on the ground every few seconds? "Dude! Check this out! I think I found the caverns!" He would announce as he would place his spear up in excitement. Far too much luck presented to him today, it was only a matter of time before they enter and meet the enemies. But with this, he was prepared.

Hydra came up behind Sey panting for air. The snow haired player  mentioned something about reaching the caverns where the creature was supposed to be located. How much time had passed since his multiple near death experiences from running the spearman did not know. None of that mattered now, Hydra practically crumbled to the floor a feeling of relief in his heart that they had stopped moving. That relief was quickly shattered by the precarious positioning he had managed to put himself in. Glancing down at yet another lava lake that would incinerate him if he were to move.  The brunette gulped slightly and quickly stood back up trying not to look down anymore. "I swear im either dying on this floor today or never coming back again."  He then gestured to Sey. "You take the lead, if anything shows up I don't mind attacking first. Or if you want to attack first that is also fine." 

"Dude, you worry too much! Come on! That orange crystal shows that you definitely can stand up for yourself." Sey would announce with a smile before taking things at a soft pace, walking carefully to make sure not to trigger any missing steps. Locking his eyes on the caverns, he would brace himself in case the enemies were to arrive and try to rip at them. Sey will strike much harder if needed, and he had no problem in doing so. "All right, let's find our hounds and show them how it's done! I have a good accuracy item on me, so I can try to take the lead." The snow-haired player would explain before walking forward, prepared for the hounds that would arrive. The heat of the caverns was immense, but not quite enough to inflict damage onto him. And suddenly, the pact arrived, in huge numbers as well as they tried to attack. "I got some of these!" First strike, he used an AoE attack to make sure to handle them. Swinging his spear wildly, he would aim to hit four of the six hounds there, and in doing so, they ended up shattering to pieces.

Spoiler

- Mini Memorilia Spear (Tier 1) - +3 Dmg (Equipped)

-Memorilia Armor (Tier 1) - +3 Mit (Equipped)

-Memorilia S - Pocket Watch (Tier 1) - +3 ACC

Sey: 340/340 7 Dmg l 27 Mit l 3 ACC l 2 Hate l 22/34 Energy
Sword Art AoE: Tribal Fury (3 x 2)
3 x 2 x 7 = 42 Dmg

Hydra: ???/???

Hound 1: 0/30
Hound 2: 0/30
Hound 3: 0/30
Hound 4: 0/30
Hound 5: 30/30
Hound 6: 30/30

ID: 72837
BD: 3 + 3 = 6 (Hit)
MD: 4
CD: 10 (No Damage)

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

For whatever reason, Hydra believed that the cave would be better than the floor itself in terms of comfort. Of course it wasn't. If anything it was worse, they were now closer to the lava lakes and it felt as though he were slowly being baked in an oven. To make matters worse it wasn't long before the hell hounds caught their scent and were already swarming the pair. Hydra readied his spear to attack, although half his mind was focused on getting a drink to quench his parched throat than the fight itself.

From the looks of things it didn't seem to matter anyway. Hydra watched contently as Sey whipped up his own spear to perform <Tribal Fury>. "Ah that brings back memories." The spearman laughed to himself whilst taking some water out of his inventory and taking a seat on a nearby rock. On his way past he lazily stuck out his weapon to try and get the two remaining hell hounds only to miss. With Sey's pinpoint accuracy he was sure it wouldn't matter to much.

@Sey

ID# 72839 results:

Battle: 3 (miss)

Craft: 9 (no damage)

Stats:

Spoiler

Stats:

• Health - 500/500
  • Energy - 50/50
  • 12 Base Damage
  • 3 Evasion
  • 1 Regeneration
  • 25 MIT

Equipment:

• Fang of the Water Serpent (Tier 2, 6 Damage)
  • Armor of the Water Serpent (Tier 1, 18 MIT)
  • Daydreamer's Light (3 Evasion)

Skills:

• Rank 5 One handed Assault Spear
  • Rank 1 First Aid
  • Rank 2 Heavy Armor
  • Rank 1 Charge
  • Concentration
  • Survival

[H:1] Sey: 340/340 | 7 Dmg l 27 Mit l 3 ACC l 22/34 Energy
[H:0] Hydra: 500/500 | 48/50 Energy |12 DMG | 25 MIT | 1 RGN | 3 EVA

Edited by Hydra

The sudden two hounds that were left did not even back down when it came to the fallen brothers, they would instead start a wild barrage of their own as he lashed out his spear threateningly, only to receive a retaliation of a lump sum when the enemies decided to attack him from both sides. As a result, despite how accurate his eyes were on the battlefield, he found himself helpless to strike at them since they did not give him a chance to hit them back. They were not ordinary either, they were massive damage dealing enemies, and his armor could nly block so much damage, so he was not prepared to let the enemies hit him, for the final boss was not even around yet. And he knew that much energy would be needed. So he would proceed to just keep dodging and hoping for the best.

Sey: 340/340 7 Dmg l 27 Mit l 3 ACC l 1 Hate l 23/34 Energy

Hydra: ???/???

ID: 72840
BD: 1
MD: 1
CD: 5 (10 Damage) + 10 Battlehealing = 0 Dmg

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

Hydra had only been sat down a few seconds before a scorching hot flame shot out from above him, sending a portion of his health dissipating into crystals. "...Ow" The spearman rubbed his cheek which had been slightly burnt. "I suppose we should try to get out of here as quickly as we can." He said to himself, suddenly coming to a realisation of the difficulty of the quest. Raising the Water Serpent's Fang just slightly over his head and now approaching the combatants, Hydra struck out four times slicing the last two remaining hellhounds in half as they continued to pester Sey. There was little time for whimpers as they shattered into crystals.

Letting out another one of his sighs he drank some more water. He felt nervous about the last pack leader to show up but there was no turning back now. At least if he died here it would be at the hands of some epic beast as opposed to a level one boar.

@Sey

ID# 72841 results:

Battle: 9 (crit +1)

Craft: 4 (-10 Health to Hydra)

SA: <Hurricane> AOE = 4x13 = 52 DMG 

[H:1] Sey: 340/340 | 7 Dmg l 27 Mit l 3 ACC l 23/34 Energy
[H:2] Hydra: 490/500 | 41/50 Energy |12 DMG | 25 MIT | 1 RGN | 3 EVA

Hound 5: 0/30 
Hound 6: 0/30

Edited by Hydra

"Good job! Now here it comes, brace for impact! This is going to be dope!" Sey exclaimed with excitement similar to that of a child. He was an extremist in the heat of battle, very little pun intended with that one. The beast would roar with what seemed like echoes at first, but as it popped out of hiding, it would reveal three heads, all of them roaring in the same tone. It seemed to be the one that the both of them had to take down, which he had no problem with at all. "It's going down! Charge!" Sey would announce with confidence as he would rush over to the target, the heads aiming to bite down on his body to try to inflict damage. As nasty looking as all of them seemed, they were not able to hit him as he would jump onto the head of one of them. Using it as a platform, he would slice to the side wildly when triggering one of the sword arts he had, tribal fury once again, this time lashing out the attack on all of the heads before landing on the ground, then jumping back. "You're up!"

[H:2] Sey: 340/340 | 7 Dmg l 27 Mit l 3 ACC l 11/34 Energy
[H:0] Hydra: 490/500 | 41/50 Energy |12 DMG | 25 MIT | 1 RGN | 3 EVA

Head 1: 27/75 HP
Head 2: 27/75 HP
Head 3: 27/75 HP

ID: 72843
BD: 9 [8 x 3 x 2 = 48 Dmg]
MD: 5
CD: 6 (No Damage)

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

"Impressive." Hydra said, his nerves had calmed slightly after seeing Sey's performance with his spear. The snow haired player had certainly improved since the last fight, it probably wouldn't be long until he overtook Hydra in strength. "Better go overkill whilst I still can." The spearman said laughing to himself. As Cerberus prepared to attack the players Hydra whipped back his spear in one swift motion. For a moment everything went quiet and time seemed to stop. Then with a battlecry Hydra bought his weapon back forward with a single strike that ripped through the cave itself completely decimating what was left of the three headed beast.

Hydra let out a sigh having exhausted a large amount of his energy. Sey had done most the work but it was good to let loose every now and then, although the cave did seem a little unstable after that blow. Glancing around the spearman smiled "I think we make a good team now time to get those rewards!"

@Sey

ID# 72846 results:

Battle: 9 (crit +1)

Craft: 10 (no damage taken)

SA: <Forceful Attack> AOE = 13x7 = 91 DMG

[H:2] Sey: 340/340 | 7 Dmg l 27 Mit l 3 ACC l 11/34 Energy
[H:2] Hydra: 490/500 | 28/50 Energy |12 DMG | 25 MIT | 1 RGN | 3 EVA

Head 1: 0/75 HP
Head 2: 0/75 HP
Head 3: 0/75 HP

Edited by Hydra

"Thanks! Though nice job on ending the fight for me, those looked like they could actually do some nasty harm onto a player. Though there should be an item drop that comes along with this as well." He'd explain before looking over towards the area where the three headed beast ended up dying in. There was a little sparkle for him to see, and so he would approach it before picking up the item, in which there were two. "Found them! Here, it should set fire to your weapon for a battle. Basically, you can inflict burn damage for a battle, which can serve to be real handy in the future. Check it out." It was as if the previous Sey with a huge rush of adrenaline died down, it was him back to normal. He truly had fun in battle, for it was a thrill, and thrill was something he lived for. Despite his formal appearance and his equally formal personality, there was a person that still wanted to have fun on the inside. He tossed over the quest item to Hydra to see how he'd reply.

ID: 72847
CD: 9 (No damage)

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

"Im sure you would of been fine by yourself, thanks though. I really appreciate you letting me tag along." Sey seemed to have found the monster loot and threw one of the drops Hydra's way. The brunette already tired, barely managed to catch it. Still the potion was certainly intriguing. Hydra's was a large vial filled with a deep red liquid. "Thanks, s potion which sets weapons on fire sounds like it could be a lot of fun... although fire isn't my type." Hydra laughed.

Suddenly a rumbling came from beneath the spearman. "Huh?" He glanced down just as a lava geyser exploded into his face. Thankfully his survival activated quickly regenerating the wounds although the smile had gone replaced once more with the, near death experience look. "I think it's time I get out of here and back to the second floor."  Twilight poked her two heads out of his armor as always, most likely distrubed by the noise before nipping Hydra and reburying herself beneath the plate.

@Sey

ID# 72848 results:

Craft: 3 (- 10 HP, +20 HP Out of combat survival)

Edited by Hydra

"Anytime man! Sorry you couldn't get to the quest due to your status, so I'm glad to get that problem solved for you." He said before he would witness the unfortunate event of having a geyser blow up in the face of his partner. Perhaps it was about time they got out of there for sure. Hydra would mention that he would go to the second floor, which was nice, but not the way that Sey needed to go unfortunately. Seems like they were going to have to part paths for now. Hopefully they would see each other in the future. "Sounds good to me. I'm going to go off towards the first floor and get myself some sleep there. See you later then!" And with that, he would bail out, waving his right arm back towards him before departing from the scene, leaving nothing but quiet footsteps before those echoes fell to nothing as well. A success in the mission, he could have not been any more proud of himself and Hydra.

The two reached the cave's exit and then it was time for a goodbye. Hopefully only a short one. "I can't promise I'll be around the settled areas much because, well you know. Hopefully I will stumble across you elsewhere and we can do something like this again." With that the two spear users said their farewells. Sey headed off first, he was returning to the first floor so it wasn't like he'd be that far away, especially with christmas around the corner, who knew what might be planned. 

Hydra folded his arms and looked into the darkening sky, "My old friends may have all gone but I just have to keep moving forward." A slight smile returned to his face, but he quickly realized that he was now outside a cave in the dark, with miles to travel before he reached the teleportation gate. "Oh well I suppose I can walk it at my own pace this time." He said in his own optimistic pessimistic style of way. With that Hydra began his long journey home to the second floor.