[PP-F6] Natural Wildfire...? <<Deforestation>>

The next quest that he was going to be taking was called Deforestation, and the story behind it was kind of generic. So because of this, he was going to need a bit of help, because whenever a quest was generic, it seemed to have some difficulty behind it. So that was why he was going to bring the number one safari member to his aid, a player that has helped him a few times in the past. It would probably be a good idea to add him to the friends list, but there was no time for that right now. He was just going to have to message him as a regular person, searching through the members of the game and hoping that he would be on the floor that Sey was on. If not, the snow-haired player was out of luck. Though he would probably be lucky to get that in the first place. So he would open up the message icon and begin to type in the chat to him. "Hey Hydra? Are you here? I need a little bit of help on another quest this time, and the item drop is liiiiiiiiiit. Meet me at the border of the safe zone if you wanna come along."

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

"Been awhile since I last came here." Hydra mumbled as he walked into the lush jungle environment of floor six, the sound of wildlife filling the humid air. "Eh?" A messaged suddenly popped up in front of him off Sey. It appeared the two of them were constantly doing the same thing at the same time. "Wait I still haven't friended him?!" The spearman said in an alarmed voice nearly face palming his own forgetfulness. In any case it appeared there was yet another quest to tackle and the two had already proven their skill at working together. Quickly typing back a message, Hydra said he was coming.

The young adventurer had only been visiting so it wasn't taking anything from his day, and the rewards from this quest certainly sounded promising. Having made up his mind Hydra began to make his way to the meet up point. It didn't take too long and Sey was instantly recognizable, his snow white hair contrasted the deep green of this environment more than most of the other floors. "I must be getting triple vision." Hydra chuckled as he approached his friend waving. "So what's the quest this time?"

@Sey

Despite being a player killer, he was still the player that helped him get up a few levels, and even the player that got him the gatherer skill, which was something that he was surely going to remember. The least he could do was add Hydra as a friend. And so he would be approaching a few moments later at the border like expected, Sey was truly lucky to see him on the sixth floor out of all places. But he was there, and that was all that mattered. The snow-haired player would wave in return with a closed smile before he would then be asked about what this was about. Opening up the quest HUD screen, he would look to see where it was before opening it up. "We are going to be messing with some tiger that is messing with the Amazon's. This could mean trouble, but no more than the other two enemies we faced off gave us. I assume you have never taken this quest before, am I right?"

Hydra and Sey both seemed to add each other as friends. The spearman appreciated it both because he valued Sey as a person but also his current friends list was pitiful. The two greeted before Sey moved onto the quest description. "A tiger? Yeah, I can't say I have taken this before but if I recall the last time I visisted this floor there were a few rumours of a tiger roaming around." The spearman paused to think about it, he recalled a party of players talking about a party member being eaten by some sort of beast. The memories had mostly faded by now, it was unlikely the two related.

Coming back to he nodded "Well if we can handle a three headed dog and an army of elves, a tiger doesn't sound to threating... so does this creature just roam about the floor or does it live somewhere." Hydra was more worried about trying to find this thing for now, rather than it's actual strength. In any case the spearman had a hunch Sey already knew about the where abouts of this thing. If he didn't then they would just have to play a game of cat and mouse. Or rather cat and cat Hydra thought.

@Sey

Sey would continue by scrolling through the quest when the last question had been placed up. It was a little bit special of a tiger, since it had a little added effect to it. "Well, we can't quite call it just a tiger. There is a little bit more to it than what it sounds like. It apparently has... A small pause before he enlarged the image that the quest description offered. It was a tiger that seemed to be made from rock and fire rather than flesh and bone. The fire aspect of it made it a lot more threatening as well. "Check this out, it has both fire and rock at the same time. And a tribe of Amazons need help fighting it, so I don't think it will be as easy as fighting a real tiger. But the drop on this enemy gives a massive damage boost. Well, massive for what a quest item can provide, and I'm willing to take it. If you aren't interested in that, at least check out the skill points that the quest offers."

The quest certainly sounded interesting, it wasn't every day Hydra would fight a strange elemental tiger. They skill points were a bonus. "Alright sign me up." Hydra said opening up his own quest hub and accepting the <deforestation> quest whilst in a party with Sey. The spearman was usually cautious about these sorts of things, however he and his friend were getting use to these sorts of adventurers. By now it was getting hard to imagine that either of them might die. "Still..." Hydra mumbled to himself shaking his head slightly, "I shouldn't get ahead of myself, many heroes have fallen because of their own ignorance."

Hydra glanced around floor six once more, out of all the floors this one Hydra both loved and hated. Staying in the humid air too long made him ill and without any water he may aswell be on the ninth floor again. On the other hand, the rich jungle environment and scenery was truly amazing at times. Letting out a long drawn out breath he then turned to Sey with a smile. "Whenever you're ready I will follow you." 

But then he would be brought back to the real reason why he had done this in the first place. If he could message Hydra from any floor, that would have been better. To do this, they needed to be friends at the very least. "Before we do that though, I need to add you as a friend. You helped me so many times with the other quests and the monster encounters, so I might as well acknowledge you as a friend." He would tap the player icon that was Hydra before then having a list of options placed in front of his violet eyes. One of the buttons allowed him to send a friend request, in which would would press and send the HUD towards his direction. "If not at the very least, to be able to chat with you while on other floors, I don't need to be limited to just this floor. How I even got you is amazing enough on it's own, but relying on it will eventually come back to bite me hard. So I'll take advantage of this moment now.

Hydra listened to Sey and instantly agreed. "Of course, sorry I should have done it earlier."  He responded enthusiastically, quickly pulling up the friend invite and adding Sey to his friends list. With that the two players would no longer need to rely on pure chance to find one another, but they'd be able to communicate when and where they wanted to do a quest or if it was just a generic chat, Hydra wouldn't mind that also.

There was a sudden change in behaviour from the surrounding Amazonian tribesmen and tribeswomen as a ferocious roar erupted from the jungle nearby. It was nothing like the spearman had ever heard, however it was causing so much pain that Hydra found himself covering his ears as his conversation with Sey was interrupted. "Maybe this tiger is closer than we think." He pondered, a little concerned suddenly about the strength of this creature. It was too late to turn back in any case, the pair had accepted the quest which to Hydra meant a binding contract until it was completed. Once the roaring had stopped the young brunette swiftly equipped his spear and glanced around.

Sweet! now the both of them were on the friends list, which should make things a lot easier for the both of them if they ever needed to go on some quests. Despite Hydra being the player killer of the two of them who can't take a lot of the quests, it was usually the snow-haired player that made them go on it. Kind of topsy turvy. "All right, let's make our way over there then, and we shall take this on!" With that, he would move towards the direction of all the noise from the jungle. It did not seem like a hard quest, but it was those with that sort of mentality that would end up dying at the end of a quest, so he went into the jungle with a straight face, and then again he would hear a noise in it. Not just screaming, but a roaring as well. "Dude! I think I found it! We need to keep moving straight before it gets away!" And so now he would be moving at a sprinting pace, hoping to encounter it.

Sey had already started sprinting off before Hydra got a chance to speak. The spearman raised his hand and opened his mouth to try and change his mind, but his snow haired friend had already vanished. Hydra didn't know how others did it, he usually ran out of breath within the first minute. Hesitantly Hydra broke out into his own sprint towards the direction of the roaring. Perhaps this tiger wasn't looking for a fight... then again it's description made it out as a beast on the same level as cerberus. Just a cat rather than a dog, "No a tiger, rather than a wolf." Hydra said shaking his head, as a variety of his thoughts came across his mind. The jungle was near impossible to move in let alone run for Hydra. Roots, vines, creepers and other vegetation all condensed into one floor, accompanied by a hot sticky climate. What's not to love. Eventually Hydra managed to catch up with Sey, panting quite heavily but otherwise fine.

Continuing to pursue the noise that he had heard back a few moments ago, he would then arrive to his destination, which would end up being the center of an open area. A destroyed little station post that probably once belonged to the amazons, but there it was. The tiger that they were aiming for. "All right Hydra, I don't think I'll be too much help here. You can take the lead if you feel, but the monster of this job has a mitigation level that heavily surpasses my own." The snow-haired player would declare, putting on his supporting equipment in case the other player would need some form of healing in this battle. It was not too likely, but it was still a possibility. With this in mind, he would place up his spear in case he needed to stun the enemy, which was not too likely since his partner had quite the large amount of power, and since they were able to take on a three-headed... Dog? They were able to take on a fire tiger... Hopefully.

Sey: 440/440 7 Dmg l 27 Mit l 3 CC l 44 Energy
Hydra: ???/???

Byakko: 150/150  40 Mit l 60 Dmg

Hydra burst through the brush only to be met with what apparently the Amazonians called 'the tiger'. There were a few notable differences, this was far larger and had a body made from rock and fire. Although the spearman had already read about that in the quest. "Nice Kitty..." Hydra said shaking nervously as he raised his hands to show he meant it no harm, a small drop of sweat running down the side of his cheek.

For a moment he thought the tiger would turn and run, instead it roared and started charging towards the pair of players. "Alright then..." The young spearman said calmly, dropping the facade that he was nervous. Placing his left foot behind him Hydra then activated his charge skill, this time he would go straight for the kill. Player and beast crossed paths, Hydra letting out twelve strikes and the beast one large bite. Both came out harmed, a deep burning fang mark had gone straight through Hydra's chest. Fortunately his regeneration activated lessening the severity of the wound. The tiger on the other hand was in a worse condition. His spear had left gaping holes in it's body, the parts made of rock partially crumbled.

If Sey could stun the tiger Hydra was sure the player's would come out victorious.

@Sey

ID# 73548 results:

Battle: 8 (hit)

MOB: 9 (Crit +1) = 31-61 = 1 DMG + 31 Burn damage

<Regen activated>  (+18 Health Recovered)

<Charge activated> (+1 DMG)

SA: Merciless Flurry = 13 x (12x1) = 156 - 40 = 104 DMG

________

[H:0] Sey: 440/440 7 Dmg l 27 Mit l 3 CC l 44 Energy
[H:1] Hydra: 527/540 12 Dmg | 61 MIT | 18 Rgn | 0/8 HM | 54 Energy

Byakko: 46/150  40 Mit l 60 Dmg 

Edited by Hydra

It was his turn to try to strike, though he needed to be very careful with the fire tiger. It seemed to have gotten Hydra, showing that it must have been extreme in the level of speed that it could emit. Clenching his spear tightly, he would aim to stun the enemy the best he could, moving onto the scene and trying to prevent the brunette from having to take any more damage. However, this turned out to be nothing more than just another wonderful fantasy as he would end up missing his attack when aiming for a slice to the chest, where a good amount of the nervous system was located if the anatomy of the tigers body worked the way he thought. Jumping back, he would look over towards his partner. "Sorry man, I couldn't do it. You're up, but I'll try next time if we need to." And so the snow-haired player would stand back and be minding his business, not looking to get involved until he can.

ID# 73549

Battle: 4

________

[H:0] Sey: 440/440 7 Dmg l 27 Mit l 3 CC l 43 Energy
[H:1] Hydra: 527/540 12 Dmg | 61 MIT | 18 Rgn | 0/8 HM | 54 Energy

Byakko: 46/150  40 Mit l 60 Dmg 

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

"Alright no problem!" Hydra shouted back to Sey, although he winced slightly at the wound which was engraved onto him. Turning around to face the tiger, it appeared there would be one final strike. Hydra lifted up the Fang of the Water Serpent activating his <concentration> skill to guide its way into the opponent's heart which was now visible and vulnerable. A ball of twisting fire within the beast's chest.

Hydra no longer had the speed of charge and his energy was beggining to drain, the next hit was important. He rushed the tiger once again, however used maneuverability rather than speed to gain an upper hand. Byakko lunged for him with one of it's claws, scorching the ground in the process. Fortunately the spearman lifted up his shield in time with the attack completely blocking it. There was his moment to strike, the brunette lifted his spear and as fast as he could go struck it into the tiger's chest twelve times. Byakko let out a final roar before the fire dwindled and it shattered into crystal. The players had done it once more.

@Sey

ID# 73550 results:

Battle: 5+1 (hit)

MOB: 2 (miss)

<concentration activated>

SA: Merciless Flurry = 13 x (12x1) = 144 - 40 = 104 DMG

________

[H:0] Sey: 440/440 7 Dmg l 27 Mit l 3 CC l 43 Energy
[H:2] Hydra: 527/540 12 Dmg | 61 MIT | 18 Rgn | 0/8 HM | 31 Energy (Energy edited to match previous turn)

Byakko: 0/150  40 Mit l 60 Dmg 

Edited by Hydra

"It seems I wore out my use for now. Sorry to be a shackle for the quest, it seems that you could have soloed it and you would have had no problem." He would explain as he placed his hands in his pockets and would tilt his head to the side, shrugging a small amount. It was as if he were a level one player again, where he needed other players in order to help himself up in the game. It was annoying to feel like he had no use, since he had plenty back in the real world. It made him feel needed. But for now, he was not going to dwell on it. There was no point in doing so. So he would end up looking over to the side where the tiger had been slain. "So tell me, do you think that it left the items on the ground? It is supposed to help increase the amount of damage that we inflict you know, which I find to be really useful for the battles coming up. If there is only one, you may have it, since I got the woodland armor."

"Nope." Hydra said shaking his head, "Firstly I probably would have never stumbled across this quest, and secondly it wouldn't be half as entertaining." The spearman smiled. "Don't worry, if you compare our levels you have practically caught up to me anyway, the power surge will hit you all at once." It hadn't been to long ago Hydra only had access to tier one equipment, once he was able to wield better tier items the power increase was huge. Sey would become stronger than him soon enough, the spearman didn't mind though. He judged character on feeling rather than strength. To him a level one player with an open heart and the ability to forgive was just as good as any frontliner. 

Sey mentioned the loot drop. "Oh yeah of course, and thanks!" Hydra quickly ran to where the tiger had fallen and glanced around. Much to his delight, Byakko had dropped a item for each player. "Catch." Hydra said spinning round and tossing his snow haired friend a bottle. The quest item red as <Tiger Rage>, some sort of potion which boosted a player's damage. Hydra could use something like this is the future, he recalled the Cerberus potion from an earlier quest. The two combined would make an interesting display for certain.

With his right hand still in his pocket, it was a little bit forced when it would have to exit the pocket that it was inside of. With it, he would catch the potion before looking t it, and something about it seemed to have that little burning aura that some fighters had, and he could sense it in this weird little drink. "I wouldn't be so quick to say such things t flatter me, but I can't say I dn't appreciate it either. I am very close to gaining a lot more power. So if I want to continue going forward, I'll have to be a little bit weaker. As for entertainment, I don't now how I was entertaining, but I'm flattered." Sey would explain before giving a small but genuine smile from his lips. The guy was certainly nice, this was why they were friendly. He killed a player, but any player could be a killer. There were reasons, but it was not the past that mattered, but the present as long as that present is not touched by the past.

"What I mean is I appreciate your company." The spearman said laughing. This fight had been one of the quickest so now the pair were out of things to do. Letting out a yawn the spearman took out his water skin and quenched his thirst with what was left of the water. Despite this being virtual reality Hydra still felt it was real enough for him to keep up a healthy diet and keep himself hydrated. Before the day would end Hydra felt he could get to know Sey a bit better. "Why'd you pick the spear?" Hydra said sincerely. Most players with spears equipped the heavier two handed variant which dealt more damage, the one handed version sacrificed that damage for better survivability. That was why Hydra picked it, however it was rare to see another player with a one handed spear. Most other one handed users took swords or daggers so Hydra was genuinely interested in finding out about Sey's reasoning. Whilst the two of them would most likely end up with different builds, the path to obtaining them could possibly show some similarities.

"The ironic thing about the answer is that most people choose the spear because it's original when you put it side by side with the Sword wielder. But honestly, I just love how spears worj. Long range allowing multiple enemies to fall to such a weapon. It doesn't have some special meaning sadly if that is what you are looking for, but hopefully the truth will suffice." With this, he would then look to the side to see the sky turning orange. The evening was about to arrive, and he was a long way from home. Pixel would be worried sick for him if he did not get back to the shop on time. "Oh shoot man, we have to go! I have a player I need to take care of back at my shop. It was nice seeing you again though! If you ever need me, hopefully you can now message me rather than me relying on you." With this, he'd wave Hydra off as he would begin to jog out from the forest.

Sey's reasoning was good enough. "Aha I see, well that is a sound reason." Hydra responded, smiling as usual. Sey suddenly realized he had a player waiting for him at his store, it was time for another goodbye. "No worries and likewise. Good luck with your ventures, and don't die." Hydra called out waving his friend off as he dissapeared into the forest. Hydra stood for a moment and watched before turning to look at the darkening sky. A crimson orange much like his player crystal. The brunette's smile slowly vanished as he thought for a moment. Twilight shuffled beneath his armor breaking the silence. "Do you ever come out..." He mumbled peering down at his familiar.  "Another day another quest complete, but is this enough power." Hydra shook his head, he needed more. Much more. Picking up his shield and spear he himself then headed back into the jungle of the sixth floor. It'd be a while before he got back, so a little bit of sightseeing would be nice...