[SP-F1] <<Earning a Living>> Way of the Forge [Complete]

I hammered away once again like before. All the while a warm glow took upon the ore and began to slowly change shape. With a final hit the warm glow began to fade and it took its final shape! I looked in amazement, but as it was about to finish the piece shattered before my eyes. 

Holme put his hand behind his head, and looked to me with a smile "It's not the outcome we wanted." Resting his hand on my shoulder, he continued to smile at me and said "However if you don't fail once in a while you can't really appreciate when you succeed."

I was sad that the weapon did not come out, but Holme was right. If we don't know what failure, how do we know when things go our way? "Thank you Holme" I turned to return the smile. "I think I would like to try one more time." Taking the hammer in hand with a fire in my eyes. 

Holme nodded, and with a fire of his own "That's the spirit! Never give up!"

With this newfound spirit I placed the ore upon the anvil. Took a deep breath. "This is my last chance. I can do this!" He thought as he took his last strong swings at the ore.

Edited by Percival

I hammered away at the ore with my newfound spirit, and the familiar glow appeared with the steady changing shape. "I got this!" I thought hammering away at the ore, when finally the glow began to fade and steadily changed into the final shape. When the item finished its transformation, there lay a large two handed straight sword upon the anvil.

"Now that is a sword I would take into battle." Holme says without even picking up the sword. "Go on and pick it up! inspect your craft!" Holme said motioning for me to pick up the sword.

I picked up the sword and was instantly surprised at the weight behind it. "Jeez it's heavy! How do the other players lug these around so effortlessly?" Holme laughed as I almost dropped the sword. Upon inspection of the sword it was fairly basic, it was relatively balanced considering the size, but it would get the job done. "Holme? I would like to give this to you." I said as I made my way to the NPC blacksmith. "Consider it as payment for the knowledge, and also for the display case I broke on ya." Holding out the large sword to him.

"I will gladly accept this." Holme chuckled and taking the sword from my hands. He turned and placed the sword inside a display case of its own. He turned back and extended his hand to me "You did well. Don't be a stranger you hear? I might have that dragon quest for ya next time!".

Giving a slight chuckle, I extend my arm out to shake his hand. "Thank you Holme. You will see me again. I can assure you." With that a small menu displayed in front of me stating that the <<Earning a Living>> Quest Completed. I turn to exit the shop, and as I open the door I turn back to Holme. Even though he was an NPC, Holme was his first true friend in this death game. He smiled and continued to walk out the door. 

He looked up to the sky, and with a deep breathe "Things are starting to get better."