[PP-F19] Escape and Return(Calrex, Baldur)

“How long has it been?” The Scarlet Dragoon asked himself as he reached his hand up and grasped a small leaf. The light layer of dew coated the spearmans hand as he sat up from his slouched position. Looking back and forth through the foliage. It had been some time since he had spoken to anyone… Enen thought the blonde had not participated in a raid in some time, he did follow them through the rabbit hole, and currently held himself up in the 19th floor.

“I wonder if that thing is still chasing me?” He asked himself as he looked back into the wide open prairie. A loud echoing roar reverberated across the landscape… “I guess it is…” He stated as he lifted his right hand and opened his interface. Scrolling through the different functions he found himself at the friend page. “I cant ask Tak or Oink…” He commented, as he came across two names that he felt less indebted to.

Selecting @Calrex and @Baldur he began to type. ‘Well hello guys… Long time no talk… Im being perused by  a rather unrelenting, giant mob…. Need some help... I know that you don’t owe me anything but I could really use the help…. I uploaded my general position to you guys, im near the Last Tower on Floor 19. Message me if you cant find me.’ He finished, as he stood on top of the branch he was resting on. Placing his weight on his front foot he jumped to another.

“I hope they find me sooner rather than later.” He commented as he brushed his hair over his left shoulder. Once more he jumped to another branch and looked over his shoulder once more, locking eyes on the titan of mob in the distance. Jumping once more…. He tried to put more distance between himself and the colossal mob.

After a short time exploring the nineteenth floor Calrex gave a small sigh as he stretched his arms behind him. Letting his arms fall to his sides his left rested straight down while is right hand came to rest on the handle of the Grand Blade II. The progress on the floors was certainly faster than the past when he was still making his way up to being frontliner levels, although from what he understood he had far exceeded it, "Guess looking back the huge level gap that occurred is certainly overkill on my end huh..."

Glancing up the bluenette spied his blue peregrine falcon familiar, Roc, as the bird of prey continued to fly around searching for food. However, the Ultramarine Knight's inbox suddenly gave him a message, the young man looking down and swiping to open up the user interface to pull it up, "Huh...it's from Law. Haven't seen him in quite a...best get moving."

Pushing the interface away with a swipe of his hand it vanished, fading into the background as the bluenette speedily made his way in the direction of the self-titled Dragoon's location coordinates. Ripping his sword from its sheath he used his free hand to summon the menu once again, quickly allocating his gear into the seven at-ready slots available. With his current skillset, he had set the Grand Gauntlets II into one so that he could seamlessly transition from sword to fist without missing a beat. Second was the five Safeguard potions he made sure to keep on him at almost all times as a precaution. The rest were filled with other pieces of gear and consumables which he only equipped in respect to a changing battle situation, meaning if he needed to go further into tanking or otherwise.

With Calrex's current position now drawing closer to the spearman's he could feel the shaking of the ground as the colossal mob that Lawfer had mentioned came into view, "Oh geeze...good thing it's a single target..."

Triggering his Squick Swap he flung the Grand Blade II to the side as it vanished in a flash of light, immediately being replaced by the Grand Gauntlets II as he readied himself for battle.

Baldur was on floor 19 scouting for what he thought would be a nice location for a house. After his adventure with Hirru, and some finally lucrative purchases in his shop, he had a little bit of money to throw around. The idea that he could now afford a house was something strange to him, as he was so used to being poor, however he had come up with a nice trade with Zandra to make sure he was prepared for the next couple of boss fights.

He had decided to look first in the area of the 19th floor close to the Last Tower, because it was a bit more remote, and because he loved the feeling of the floor. There was something more... quiet and meditative about the floor to him. While he was surveying a particularly lovely hilltop, the chime of a message filled his hears and the little icon of a floating envelop appeared at the corner of his vision. Tapping it brought up the message from Lawfer asking for help.

"Tsk. I'm not far off." Baldur looked over from his hilltop to the next, and then tried to orient himself so that he could see where Lawfer was before he started running. After a second of getting his bearings, Baldur sprinted as quickly as he could.

"Lawfer! Where are you?!" he shouted as he hit the copse of trees.

Looking over his shoulder once more, the spearman shook his head.... 'Of all the times I would run into something like this....' he thought to himself as he looked to his mini-map, a smirk danced across his face as he noticed the two blips that he was waiting for. "Looks as if I wont die today.” He stated as he stood tall, spinning his Highwind in his right hand. The cutting of the wind, echoed in his ear from the two blades dancing. Turning his body, the blonde lept from his current branch to one closer to the beast.

“Good to see you Cal!!!” Lawfer boomed as a smirk crept upon his lips. “Guess its time to handle some business.” He stated as he leapt forward from the tress once more, eying the colossal beast. Its giant stone hands shattered the landscape as it crushed everything in its path. “Cal! I think Baldur is on his way as well. I’ll take first hit and cover for me. We should be able to fell it pretty quick.”

he finished as his feet planted firmly on the branch. Over looking across the small gap between himself and the Mob, he chuckled. 

Pressing off his front foot, <Charge> Activated sending the Dragoon in front of the mob as he activated <Dimension Stampede>. In a flurry of strikes the ancient colossus kicked back in agony before he leaned forward. And flung its hand directly at the spearman. Trying to brace himself in the air, Lawfer flexed, only to be obliterated by the mobs overwhelming stength. Being launched into the ground, LAwfer stood and reared back. "That did some damage...: he commented as he watched his health shrink down. At that moment he heard a familiar voice. "Yo Baldur!!! We I'm over here!!!"

ID# 74270
BD: 7
MD: 10
SA Used : Dimension Stampede- -17EN l 12DMG +5DMG(charge)= 17*12=255 DMG

Lawfer: 754/880 l 71/88 192DMG-66MIT= 126DMG
Calrex:
Baldur:

Ancient Colossus: 745/1000 l  190DMG l   -255DMG

Edited by Lawfer

ID: 74271
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3 / Precision +1) = 8
Sword Art <<All Might>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (17 Energy Used / 139 Remaining)

As the bluenette briefly got to see the two-handed spearman he gave a friendly nod before seeing the man leap forward, unleashing his most powerful Sword Art. Unfortunately, as he was about to smirk he saw Lawfer get struck down to earth by the giant creature's retaliating attack.

Focusing his attention on the creature he tightened balled his right hand into a fist, just enough to trigger his most powerful <<Martial Arts>> Sword Art at the same time as his <<Charge>> advance. The combined energy blazed through his gauntlet, jetting out from the opening at the back like ignited fuel from a rocket. The Ultramarine Knight was able to hold back from launching for some time before blasting forward, the combined efforts of his attack and the assisted system leading him straight where his attack's flavor text described as his target: The creature's face.

With a single punch the massive buildup of energy transferred through his fist into the monster's cheek, sending it reeling as he landed on the ground, next to the recovering Dragoon, "Next time maybe I should handle the opening action. It's what tanks do after all. In any case..."

Opening and closing his right hand as he looked back at the creature, confirming the status effect his opening strike had inflicted, the familiar Stun state from his Bull Rush mod, "Looks like that thing's not gonna be moving for a bit, so maybe we should wrap things up."

Lawfer: 754/880 l 71/88
Calrex: 1560/1560 | 139/156
Baldur:

Ancient Colossus: 400/1000 l 190DMG l   (15+5 * 15 DMG = 300 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

Baldur heard Lawfer's shout, but he saw the giant monstrosity of stone that was pursuing them first. He witnessed the furious attacks of the Dragoon and the Ultramarine Knight, and he pushed himself to run as fast as he could. All he needed to do was get within range to use his charge. Rushing down the hill, he drew his katana <<Fudoshin>>, the blade glowed with a blood red light but as Baldur crossed the distance, he spun into his <<Charge>> stance and flew through the air faster than any man was capable of running, the crimson arc of his <<San Ge>> sword art cutting the air as his blue and orange body crossed the distance and planted right before the Ancient Colossus. His blade bit into the stoney form of the giant, driving it's HP down further, and then another slash and another has he spun around it's form, the attacks almost seemed to come at the same time.

When the sword art finally ended and Baldur was paused for a moment in the post sword art motion, and he watched the HP drop to almost nothing, but he also saw a small digital drip come from the red gashes which exposed the beast's wireframe model. It meant his bleed had activated. It wouldn't live long enough for the effect to matter, but he was pleased to see the effect none-the-less.

ID#74287 BD: 9+3 LD: 14+3
San Ge: 3 (2 hand)+5(rank)+2(Familiar)+4(Sword)+1(athletics)+1(ferocity)+2(charge)+1(crit)=19x14=266 DMG

Lawfer: 754/880 l 71/88
Calrex: 1560/1560 | 139/156
Baldur: 995/995 | 84/98

Ancient Colossus: 134/1000 l 190DMG l STUNNED | 24 DMG BLEED

Edited by Baldur