[F12-PP] Eye of the Storm <<Lord of the Seas>> (Sey)

"Back here again." Hydra sighed as he scanned the murky swamps of floor 12. The spearman had traveled here in order to take on a quest, more specifically a so-called beast known as the lord of the sea. "It doesn't really make sense, I don't see a sea. Do you?" He glanced over at Twilight who happened to be perched on his shoulders. Letting out a cry she shook her two heads and then nipped the brunette on the air. "Ow, well, guess as long as there is sp then I will take it on." The brunette mumbled to himself. Currently, Hydra was stood just outside the gates to the main settlement of the twelfth floor. Also known as <Lazaro>. Like usual he couldn't exactly enter the area however it was easy enough to make out the features of the area. The houses and shops were all on stilts and what looked like to be canals ran through the town itself. Typically the whole area underneath was a swamp. "Oh, that reminds me." Hydra opened up his user interface and flicked through to the friend's list, he had also invited his friend Sey here to help out. It seemed not too long ago the pair had been here taking on a quest from the cardinal. In comparison, it seemed far less risky and far more rewarding than this one. But skill points were skill points and whilst Hydra believed this would be their greatest challenge yet, they had already outperformed what they believed they were originally capable of.

@Sey

It was time to check out a new floor! The 12th floor was higher up than 11, a floor was he was able to recognize easily. Placing his palms in his pockets, he would end up looking towards the front as he would then see the brunette a small distance away. "Hey Hydra! You needed me for something?" The invitation for another quest had been given out to him, and that was something that peaked the curiosity of the snow-haired player. They have been doing a lot of quests with each other as of recently, and it was nice to know that there was another. It did not have to give 8 SP like it did last time, but any one that they found seemed to offer a lot of rewards. That was the case for many of the recent cases he had been going through. "I have my weapon grandmastered and my damage up to a really high level. I think this will not be too hard, whatever it is. Unless you need me to stay back and play healer."

"Hi there," Hydra said raising his hand and greeting Sey with his usual smile. Now the party had gathered he could go into detail on the description of the quest. "In a nutshell, playing healer might be riskier, this thing could annihilate us with a few hits. Fortunately, from the rumors I also heard it has low health, meaning if we dealt enough damage we could kill it faster than it could kill us." Once Hydra was done he took a breath. Then looked back towards the swamps. "So apparently this thing lives out in a lake, and only shows up during storms?" He said slightly puzzled. Last time they were here they practically got stuck in a storm, so it wouldn't be too surprising to find themselves caught in a situation like that again. Quickly remembering the quest rewards he turned his attention back to the interface. "We get a 3sp, some col oh and an item which I have yet to find out what it does." 

"Sounds like a plan to me, I'm strongest in a DPS form right now anyways. Let's do this then!" It was a high damage inflicting weapon with a bit of a high energy cost, but most certainly worth it once they put the weapons to good use. Hydra was known to inflict the damage whenever they got into a fight, but let's face it, that was only going to hold up alone for so long. So now that Sey could do the same thing was an honor. "Those rewards seem decent enough. And if it has a low amount of health, we should have it taken care of quickly. Hm, perhaps it would be less risky for us if I aim for a stun first though just in case. Low health does not equate to the attack power it might have. Do you know what it might be?" He would ask as he tilted his head to the side. If this were just some common enemy with a low amount of damage, he could play tank. But if it's something much worse, then maybe a stun is the better idea.

"It goes by the name the <Lord of the sea> apparently it's some sort of alligator cross with wyvern being. Unfortunately, I don't know what its exact abilities are." Hydra responded to Sey's question. Speaking of which the two were exactly the same level now. "Looks like this will be my last adventure before you overtake me." The brunette chuckled. Still, Sey had a point. "I think trying to stun this thing is a good idea," Hydra said scratching his chin. "However I think we should both aim to stun in case the other misses. After that, we could go for pure damage. Or if we have enough power and both get lucky enough to hit, with our strengths combined we could bring it down in one go." Truth be told Hydra didn't want to fill anyone with false hope, however, he truly believed after seeing how they worked together in a team they could rival even the strongest of opponents. 

"Shoot, we probably should have prepared a bit. Oh well, I think we can handle it as long as it does not go for an extreme amount of damage. This floor does not promise that we will end up facing that sort of nasty damage either... So I think we should be good then!" He would nod his head proudly and place his hands on his hips as he would continue to listen to the brunette in case any new information was brought to light. It seemed like they had a plan and a back up in case one failed. With the accuracy  build, he should be able to stun. "Remember what happened last time dude. If you keep missing, we might end up facing severe consequences against the monster. We need to hit it and end the battle quickly." The snow-haired player would explain as he would then place his hands in his pockets, and he wondered what might be done in that case. It seemed like they were going to have to think of a way around that.

Sey had a point, Hydra's heavy momentum build was based on capitalizing damage and energy efficiency. With the sacrifice of missing out on consecutive turn based damage. "Don't worry I have come prepared for that also." The spearman scrolled through his inventory and a few moments later his 'Armor of the Water Serpent' vanished revealing lighter blue clothing, a few more moments later some sort of necklace, with an amulet connected formed around Hydra's neck. "This is one of my more recent crafts I call 'Luna Light'", Hydra proceeded to hold up the pendant, revealing what appeared to be a small crystal with fog circling in the center of it. As he moved it towards a nearby shadow the amulet suddenly lit up emitting an eerie white glow. "With my crafts, I aim to make my objects illuminate, actually some customers have visited me for those exact reasons. Although the illumination is just cosmetic, I still call it a speciality of mine." Hydra paused and stared at it for a moment before regaining attention. "This boosts my accuracy also. So hopefully I should hit more than last time." He laughed lightly to himself, remembering how awful his aim had been back then.

Edited by Hydra

"Sweet! Then I think we should be settled. Now all we have to do is wait for the storm by a lake or something, right?" There was not too much that he knew about it but if their last mission was anything to go along by on top of the fact that the the word "lake" was in the title of the quest, then perhaps they should make their way over towards there. Then again, this was more like Hydra's quest, since he was the one that found it rather than Sey. "The new Sword Arts I have haven't been tested yet sadly. I can use them, but if I end up missing with them, well, you know why. It was only a couple of days ago when I even got to the GM point of the weapon." He explained humbly as he would then place his inventory up and equipping the weapon into his right hand, the usual one-handed spear he chose at the beginning of the game. Oh how he wished he could make it two-handed, but this will have to do for now.

"Yeah, that is about it," Hydra said as though it were going to happen at any moment. The walk was relatively short to the lake, after all, the general location was known well by the local fisherman so it would make sense that it would be closer to the settlement. The pair managed to make their way without getting stuck in the mud. Sey would move on to explain he hadn't had much of a chance to use his rank five sword arts yet. Hydra couldn't help but smile, "You are in for a world of power then. Although I suppose they aren't the strongest of weapons, they make up for it in versatility," Hydra said studying his own. The lake itself was quite a site, Hydra was surprised that no one was around at this time of day. The water spanned for quite the stretch. "I guess we wait now." The brunette mumbled to himself taking a seat under a nearby willow tree. His charm once again activating in the dark conditions. "We might have some trouble fighting in that swamp, but I'm afraid we have to according to the quest." The young adventurer remarked, gesturing at the lake itself.

Spoiler

Stats:

Level 31 | 635 HP | 62 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 3 ACC

Equipment:

Fang of the Water Serpent | T2 | 6 DMG

Luna Light | 3 ACC

Shield of the Drowned | T2 | 54 MIT

Skills:

Weapon OHAS (Rank 5)

Charge (Rank 1)

Heavy Armor (Rank 3)

First Aid (Rank 1)

Mods:
Athletics (+1 DMG, +15 Health)

Spoiler

Stats

Lv: 31 l 12 Dmg l 30 Mit l 3 CC l 62 Energy l 620 HP

Items

- Mini Memorilia Spear (Tier 2) - +6 Dmg

-Memorilia Armor (Tier 1) - +27 Mit

-Memorilia T - Pocket Watch  (Tier 1) - +3 CC

Battle Ready Inventory

-2 Rare T1 Health potions

Mods

Nothing to see here m8

Skills

-One-Handed Assault Spear (Rank 5)
-Battle Healing: (Rank 2)

-First Aid: (Rank 3)
-Heavy Armor: (Rank 1)

-Concentration

-Survival

Buffs

None

"That's fine, I was never really an evasion build anyways,  I don't mind taking a hit or two." Said so proudly and boldly, but how long could those words hold up? After all, they were about to face a monster soon to be able to rip through defenses easily. Still, if they were able to get past all of the other enemies on an equally high floor as this, then one boss monster alone does not seem like too much of a problem. And like that, the rain was beginning to pour as they would begin to trek through the swamps like the quest demanded that they did. He felt such a heavy amount of restriction in his movement when he attempted to move his body, it was such an unfortunately nasty feeling to him, not at all a comfortable moment for him.  "It's raining Hydra, I think we are getting closer to our monster. Get ready and brace for a surprise attack in case it were to happen, we don't know this quest too well."

Edited by Sey

The wind howled and roared around the player's, their presence seemed to have triggered an event. "I think it's close." Hydra tried to shout over to Sey, although his voice was probably being masked in the storm. Suddenly a bolt of lightning struck the center of the lake and the whole area of water seemed to explode around them. Hydra just managed to prepare his <charge> skill in time although it seemed the whole area of water had expanded so they were now in the swamp. Hydra didn't really know how to react, several feelings surged through him at once. Fear, adrenaline, panic and awe. There in the center of the swamp rose what he could only describe as a sea dragon. Hydra turned around looking for his snow-haired friend but the flood, rain and the wind by now had completely obscured his vision and the deafening roar of thunder made it impossible to hear even his own voice. "SEY!" Hydra called out with all his remaining breath, "Dammit no use, I will just have to trust that he is fine." He growled at himself for his own carelessness.

The spearman turned around to make out the one thing he could and with all his might charged at it. The water meant he had no escape route but if he could buy even a second it could make the difference. "Contact!" Hydra thought as he activated <dragonfly cutter> burying his spear deep within the Sea Wyverns flesh. Letting out a cry of agony the sea wyvern raised its scaled tail and slammed it straight into Hydra, returning the damage three times over. The brunette couldn't really describe the pain as anything he had felt before. This was in a league of his own and, he had barely managed to raise his shield in time. The force from the hit created a visible shockwave which blurred his senses and sent him flying across the entire lake, his body was like a lifeless skipping stone as it rebounded off the lake over and over again. Eventually, Hydra's body reached the bank with enough force that the mud and earth sprayed everywhere. He lay there for a moment, eyes open staring up at the sky, at the very least he and stunned it.

ID# 74292 results:

Battle: 6+3 (hit)

<Charge Activated +1 DMG>

SA: <Dragonfly Cutter> (4x2) Stun = (13+1) x 8 = 112 DMG to <Lord of the Sea>

MOB: 4+2 (hit)

300-66 = 234 DMG to Hydra

_____

[H:1] Hydra - 401/635 HP | 51/62 Energy | 13 DMG | 3 ACC | 66 MIT

[H:0] Sey - 620/620 HP | 62/62 Energy

Sea Wyvern - 188/300 HP | 300 DMG   

@Sey

Edited by Hydra

"HYDRA!" Sey would exclaim as he reached out a free left hand, only for a sudden wash of water to strike down onto them and blind him from seeing his fighting partner. Upon trying to run, he fell onto the ground and got rolled over by the water that was rushing mightily in an attempt to drown him. When rolled over a few times, he would end up placing his left hand onto the ground to stop the momentum and push himself back onto his feet. The sea dragon arrived, and it made sure to gave the nasty dynamic entrance. Until they kill it, they would not be able to regroup. Now the snow-haired player was angered by it, and what perfect timing was well. The blade of his spear would not be coated it light blue anymore, but just straight up back to reflect his emotions. The sea dragon roared out of nowhere, possibly confirming that Hydra was still somewhere and handling it. If that's the case, he could not let him handle the sea dragon alone. Sey himself would charge at it as his sword art had been triggered, the ace move that was designed to end battles according to its description. Considering how it fit appropriately with his strikes, he would then unleash all of the hits to the midsection of the sea dragon through the water, despite how it was able to move freely while he did not. "Let's dance!" One slash to the right followed by an uppercut. "Keep up!" Two stabs directly through the stomach before a spinning jump to the right to execute the fifth attack. Upon landing, he sprung again before swiftly slicing the next three strikes in a left right left pattern, and the final few hits would be performed diagonally as he went back down, in which he would leap back.

ID: 74299

BD: 10

Sword Art: Merciless Flurry - 12x1 - (13 Energy) - A high-end sword art that strikes the target with a flurry of rapid thrusts.

Dmg: 14 x 12 x 1 = 168

[H:1] Hydra - 401/635 HP | 51/62 Energy | 13 DMG | 3 ACC | 66 MIT

[H:2] Sey - 620/620 HP | 50/62 Energy l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 30 MIT

Sea Wyvern - 20/300 HP | 300 DMG   

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

Hydra felt the cool feeling of rain running down his cheeks. His cloth shirt now drenched, his head ringing. "Urgh." The spearman sat up more than dazed. "What on earth happened?" He managed to whisper, weakly, glancing at the crater of mud and dirt he was sat in. Slowly his memories returned about why he was here, and as soon as he recalled what happened he snapped to. "Huh, Sey?!" Hydra looked forward, he must have been out for moments because it looked like the Sea Wyvern was still doing battle. Its cries could be heard echoing even throughout the storm. The adventurer could make out a figure doing combat with the beast, it must have been Sey. And from what it looked like he had crippled it. "Nice! I'm coming," Hydra growled in determination to himself, as he forced himself up. Suddenly a blue light shone from above and throughout the clouds. It wasn't the sort of light that instilled hope in Hydra, in fact, it signaled pure danger because whatever was about to happen it appeared to be the Sea Wyvern's last stand against them.

Hydra found himself breaking out into a sprint, he doubted Sey could hear him so his only choice was to try and kill the beast before it could activate its move. The closer he drew to the wyvern the harder it seemed to reach, torrents of water pushed him backward but with his remaining energy and the activation of <concentration> Hydra managed to plunge his spear into the Sea Wyverns tail. It was enough and Hydra's face lit up for a moment as he watched its health drop below the red... But it was just a moment. The last thing Hydra remembered was turning to face Sey on the other side of the lake before a bright flash of light blue lightning erupted around them and engulfed them both...

ID# 74307 results:

Battle: 2+3+1 (hit)

<concentration activated>

SA: Soul Pierce (1x5) = 13x5 = 65 DMG to Sea Wyvern

MOB: 8+2 (chain lightning - 300 DMG to Sey and Hydra)

____

[H:2] Hydra - 101/635 HP | 47/62 Energy | 13 DMG | 3 ACC | 66 MIT

[H:2] Sey - 320/620 HP | 50/62 Energy l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 30 MIT

Sea Wyvern - 0/300 HP | 300 DMG

@Sey

Edited by Hydra

The sudden flash of the lightning that appeared upon the final blow given would obliterate the health bar of the snow-haired player as he would end up taking a heavy amount of damage. It was not mitigated either, and the only thing that remained was the battlehealing that came after the hit. It was an interesting approach to take for sure. The rippling and cracking of the lightning through his body would leave a tingling sensation through his nervous system for the moment, leaving him lying on the ground and groaning in a bit of pain. "Argh..." Eyes trying to open up again, but wincing in pain as he moved his body. The top right part of his health bar would alert him that he was near the yellow zone. All of that damage, and yet he was still alive. How far had he gone into the game? Regardless, the task had been done. But now it was a matter of time before he and Hydra met back. His job was to get back onto his feet and start limping. And so he would try his best to make an attempt to go just that.

"Am I dead." Hydra wandered as he lay briefly paralyzed beneath the swamp. His eyes slowly shifted to his health bar as he floated downwards into the depths, it appeared he was in the red zone. "I am lucky to be alive." He thought to himself. As he continued drifting down, motion soon returned to his arms and legs. After a few moments he found he had enough strength to rise to the surface, thank goodness that he hadn't drowned. That would have been anti-climatic after that battle. In any case the brunette found himself surging out the water and gasping for air all of a sudden. After a few minutes of painful breathing he looked around for Sey. It didn't take long, there was hi snow-haired friend, their own health nearing the yellow zone. Fortunately recovering. Hydra slowly moved over, his whole body still shaking from the fight. "Here this is for you." Hydra laughed lightly handing Sey the field boss drop. "Sorry I haven't had a chance to read what it does yet, I just found it under the swamp." Hydra turned to cough into arm. He had seen better days but at the same time he felt as though he had never been in so much danger as he had today.

On the top left part of his eyesight, he noticed that while he was still in the green zone, his partner fell into the red zone. "It seems like I can have some more use, even after the battle." There was nothing else to use healing for, but the pain that Hydra must have been feeling has to be far worse than what Sey was feeling as of right now. So when the brunette would approach him, he would take the drop, but refuse to open and read it as of right now. There was a concern for his partners health right now. "Hold still." The snow-haired medic would order as he would lift up his hands to channel the first aid remedy through the nervous system of Hydra, a successful attempt no less as well as a decent amount of energy would be recovered from the attempt. The health bar of Hydra would then be lifted from the painful red zone to the yellow zone, which should lessen much of the pain inflicted. "You all right? You nearly died..."

ID: 74356

CD: 9 (First Aid Triggered, 24% HP recovered)

Hydra: 253/653 HP

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

Hydra felt his energy returning, the feeling of pain and tiredness left his system and his health returned to a more stable number. "Ah thank you Sey, I really appreciate the healing. And I have seen better days." He chuckled lightly. Hydra glanced around at the swamp, the water seemed to be draining back into its original shape and the storm had settled by this point. "Some battle, I would have died if you didn't come along." Hydra said wiping his brow. "Still skill points are skill points." Hydra laughed again. Even close to death he was surprised how calm he was. "To think tomorrow I am going to be spending the whole day farming for materials." The spearman then muttered to himself, how this game could change so quickly.  Hydra had the first aid skill also but compared to Sey's his was lacking, and he was sure his friends battle healing was doing its work. After getting out of the swamp Hydra let out a sigh of relief, he wasn't planning on returning to this floor any time soon. That was for certain.

"Nah. Its nothing dude. Glad to know you made in through that. That lightning took a good bite out of my health bar. My arms are still tingling." He explained as he would use his left hand to rub his right arm, trying to get some blood circulation to move through his bloodstream. Unfortunately for him, he could not use first aid on himself. But that was to be expected since it was able to heal a lot of damage. If two balance types fought against one enemy, if they have their health maxed out as well as their first aid, they would have a near perfect defense. Demonic effects not considered. "To think we took a lightning bolt. We at least did it though. Provided I went alone, I would be put to the dust s well. Thanks again for showing me the quest. We should make our way home though. I could use some material as well."

Ooc mobile post

Hydra nodded, the lighting bolt and the full body flying at high speed had certainly put him into a minor state of shock. In any case, he was alive and that was what mattered. "No worries and, I have no idea what I should invest my skill points into," Hydra stated. He wanted to capitalize his damage but that could all come at a later time, perhaps battle healing was a good idea the spearman mulled over it all. "Hey Sey, how does battle healing work. Does it just trigger or does one need the regeneration effect on armor?" Hydra didn't really look into these things that often so any advice was useful. Perhaps he would invest into the gatherer skill, but then again he didn't really need tier two materials being an artisan. Most there items were not affected by the tier scale so Hydra could just fight mobs for the same method. Hydra wondered what Sey was going to invest into next, perhaps more healing and defense? He already knew his snow-haired friend was going for the ultimate balance so it could be anything. In any case, Hydra was looking forward to seeing what he invested in.

"If you are a good enough dps, try to aim for a tank hybrid. Not many weapons have phase, and it will help you against anyone that is a Dps." Sey explained as he would open up his skill list to see what he had as of right now. Hydra asked him about how healing worked, which was a little complicated for sure, but it could be easily be understood with practice. "Assuming you mean the skill, you just need the skill alone. It heals you passively, but only in battle. Out of battle, it wont be active. If you want it out of battle, try to get survival." that was based on what be knew anyways. Both healed him the same currently, and if he kept his mitigation up, he should be fine. Right now though, he was a bit outdated on his mitigation, so he needed to focus his skill points on his heavy armor. It provided only a small amount of mitigation, but it was enough to get what he truly wanted, a certain damage increase skill mod. "Its only really useful with mitigation."