(SP-F9) A Burning Desire (Feeding the Enemy)

Jonathan finally stood on the ninth floor. The floor in which the flaming dragon had killed a few players in the boss fight. He was here with a purpose though. A rare monster was to be found on this floor, born of flames. He was going to tame it. The blond stepped forward, holding two items. He brought the angel food bar up to his mouth, and took a bite. It was sweet, and tasted amazing. Upon doing so, he felt his senses enhance, especially his vision. It would not be a bad idea to get some hunting in, since he had loot enhanced now. The item shoved in his pocket was a familiar call, which would also help him. He adorned his jacket and and accuracy ring, meaning his mitigation was low, but at the moment his scouting abilites were quite good. Meaning he could probably make an easy buck. "Well, lets get this show on the road, even though I know this is not going to be a long and hard job. I want to try some food here as well." He smiled turning toward the gate outward. He would probably need to climb the mountain to get the the familiar. 

-1 Angel food bar (+3 LD)

Edited by Morgenstern
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan walked forward from the town, his destination was the mountain. Luckily for him it was only a good fifteen minute walk, but he would probably end up prolonging it with other things. Like fighting monsters. As if on command, a small dragon-like creature crossed into the path, at first it did not seem to notice him, but as it did, its scales puffed up like a cat, and it shot forward, it claws striking into his arm. Jonathan threw the creature off f him, and slashed it mid air. The creature stood back up, a deep growl arising from its throat. Jonathan snickered and stood in a battle ready stance. Once again, it felt weird without his shield but he needed to get used to that. The familiar he was after would help him with soloing, though it would not be as much of a help until it was completely upgraded. His attention was diverted to the dragon as it began to slink to his side. "If you don't want to die, get outta my way!" 

Spoiler

74353 BD:5+3 MD:7

Jonathan 700/760 <70/76> 760-90 +30=60 DMG taken

Dragonite 310/380 380-70=310

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan smiled as the tiny dragon stopped in front of him, and arched its back ready to pounce upon him. He rose his weapon in front of him, and the little monster dashed to the side before pouncing, catching the blond in the side. Jonathan faltered backwards before catching his balance, and dashing forward, slashing the creature hard upon the neck. The dragon fell back, completing a roll before using its wings to push itself off the ground, where it gradually glided back down to its feet. So, apparently this dragon could fly. That was definitely reassuring. If I remember right, the floor nine boss was a huge dragon, and as it reached its last bar of health, it burst into flames. The man named Zelerius was the one that got the last hit I think. Probably some sort of fire weapon or armor, but I would definitely like it, it still is not my perfect type. Only holy is in this man's heart. 

Spoiler

74354 BD:9 MD:9

Jonathan 630/760 <64/76> 760-100 +30=70 DMG taken

Dragonite 233/380 310-77=233

Edited by Morgenstern

The dragon seemed to have recovered. The best was not huge as a full grown adult dragon would be, but more of the size of a man. Meaning ti was easy for him to take out. It hadn't even appeared to learn the secret of fire yet, which definitely made Jonathan feel better about his situation. It crunched its claws into the ground, which sliced open the rock ground like cold butter. 'Those are some really sharp claws.' The dragonite leapt high into the air, using a few beats of its wings to go even higher. Then it shot down like a lightning bolt, curving at the end with its claws out. Its claws ripped through Jonathan's chst like confetti, and the blond tumbled down pn the ground, when the Dragon landed safely on the ground. The blond stood back up, a bit ticked that it played a dirty move as such. He charged forward, much faster than the eye could keep up with. It a simple hard slash, Jonathan has struck the creature down once more, the having both dealt hyper criticals. 

Spoiler

74355 BD:10 MD:10

Jonathan 550/760 <64/76> 630-110 +30=80 DMG taken

Dragonite 149/380 233-84=149

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan and the Dragonite were both dong quite well when it came to accuracy. Their attacks were almost completely flawless, which was nice because it brought some real action into things. This mob, was also more fast paced that other down in the lower floors. It was quick and light on its wings. Jonathan smiled and twirled his weapon until he got a firm grip. The dragonite growled to him and charged, catching him square in the chest to send the blond sprawling backwards. As he regained his balance, the blond pointed his weapon forward threateningly. He was getting tired of being hit so easily by this creature. He did not wanted to have to set up time to rest, as that wasted valuable time. Jonathan charged forward, striking his weapon once again across the little dragon. The brute force of his blow brought it into the red zone, and Jonathan smiled devilishly. This was karma at its finest. 

Spoiler

74386 BD: 9 MD:10

Jonathan 470/760 <64/76> 550-110 +30=80 DMG taken

Dragonite 72/380 149-77=72

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan loomed over the dragon with his weapon held high. One strike, and this battle was completely over. Something told him that the creature knew it to. The tank brought down his weapon for the final blow, but it was far too late. The dragon leapt to the side, dodging his weapon. It then, instead of attacking, retreated to the side. The blond smiled. The creature knew what was good for it. Jonathan however, was not going to let it escape. It appeared to be far to weakened for flying, so it began to scramble up the mountain in a desperate attempt to escape. Pursuing the chase, Jonathan sheathed his weapon and followed, briskly moving in a bounding motion. 'Don't think I have ever met a mob that tried to escape. It appears to be heading toward the volcano, which is also good. He was catching up quickly surprisingly. He was only a few tens of yards away. 

Spoiler

74387 BD:1 MD:1

Jonathan 500/760 <64/76> 470+30=500

Dragonite 72/380 

Edited by Morgenstern

Within seconds, the tank had caught up to the creature. None to Jonathan's surprise, the creature already had a plan up it skeeve. They had finally reached the point in time in which they were at the base of the volcano. The dragon leapt up, ad with a single bat of its wings, it had glided over him, and stopped there and stood firmly. "Finally decided to come and fight me? That is quite brave of you, but I must say, probably not your wisest decision." The blond chuckled and unsheathed his weapon, a faint hum of metal came in between them. He was not a master with the sword, but he certainly knew how to use it.  He would end this here. "You have come quite far little dragon, but you no longer go any farther. Here you die." He ended with a faint grin that soon tightened up to a cold hard stare, as he looked for a quick decision to hit the creature with. 

Spoiler

74393 BD:1 MD:3

Spoiler

Jonathan 530/760 <64/76> 500+30=530

Dragonite 72/380 

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan smiled as he faced the dragon. It appeared to be trying to intimidate him, but it was not full size so nothing about it was intimidating. The blond twirled his blade his his hand, and willed a surge of energy from his reserves. Making the motions, Jonathan charged at his target, an aura of golden light falling behind him in his path. The dragon leapt forward, bearing its razor-sharp teeth and claws. Jonathan's blade made contact first, and the creature was struck mid-air. A second after his contact, the creature fell back over to the ground and pixelated. The shower of blue date engulfed him and faded. The blond sheathed his weapon, and became a bit sad due to the fact that he had not gotten any amount of col for the job. He needed to get his col back up again. After donating it all to the guild, Jonathan literally had no money left in his pocket. It had been worth it though. Now he needed to ind another mob. 

Spoiler

74689 BD:9 MD:2 LD:2+6=8 WHY

Jonathan 530/760 <64/76> 500+30=530

Dragonite 0/380 

Edited by Morgenstern

After the first one fell, another popped out of nowhere and the blond sprang right into action. He dodged the fist incoming attack and dashed forward, slashing seven times. The fist was an uppercut. With a few vertical slashes added in, and finally a volatile spin for two more slashes in. The small dragon did not look happy and ended up slicing his leg, leaving bright red gashes. His wounds were worthy, but they were not deadly enough that he needed to go out of his way to get his shield to bring back up his mitigation. Right now, col and a familiar were the only two things on his mind. He needed to be very scout like for these to work, and to kill this monster in time, he had to hit every single time. The creature he would be looking for would only reveal itself at certain times, and he needed to be as ready as possible. He could not let it get away. 

Spoiler

74790 BD:8 MD:8

Jonathan 470/760 <52/76> 530-90+30=470

Dragonite 310/380 380-70=310

Edited by Morgenstern

Keeping up the momentum, Jonathan acted quick. 'If I move fast enough it won't have time to react leaving me the advantage over it' Nodding to himself the blond flashed forward, but dove to the side to dodge an attack. Perfectly changing the direction of his spped, the blond kicked of the ground and slashed the dragon as he flew by. After passing and still in range, Jonathan turned using his momentum to slice his blade through the dragon. a few more good slashes in and the blond backed away. So far, the Tank Paladin was at an advantage. If he kept the momentum up he would be great. This was going a bit better than the last fight, and if he did not miss like a loser, than he would have a good and optimal chance on getting the familiar. He would rather get it sooner so he could get the hell off this floor. This floor worried him a bit for some reason and he never found out why. 

Spoiler

74791 BD:9 MD:2

Jonathan 500/760 <52/76>470 +30

Dragonite 233/380 310-77= 233

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan stood and gave his blade a nice twirl. his last tactic had worked out quite well for him. He liked that. 'I wonder If I can get away with doing the same thing' Preparing himself, he kicked off the rock, but the dragon dodged his first move, so he kicked off the next rock in a quick change of direction. He came into range and he swung his weapon, slashing through its body once more. Jonathan stopped cleanly on the other side and safe. He was untouched from the whole ordeal. 'Alright, this is going quite well. I need to keep it up. This tactic will probably not be as effective anymore since i used it twice in a row.' The blond grinned grasping his weapon tightly, holding it in a two handed stance. "Are you sure you want to go through with this? Trust me you probably do not, I will just keep doing this" The creature let out a low growl. 

Spoiler

74926 BD:4+3 MD:3

Jonathan 500/760 <46/76>470 +30

Dragonite 163/380  233-70=163

Edited by Morgenstern

<<Running>>

Jonathan smiled as the battle raged on. He looked at the creature's health. It would take at least another few hits to finish it off. That was when he saw it. At least he thought he caught a glimpse of it, flying out of sigh over the next small hill. He could not let it get away. He turned to the monster, which of course struck him. Then he sheathed his weapon and tried to get away. It was absolutely the only option left for him if he wanted to be able to get to that bird now, and get to that familiar fast. It may be the only chance he would ever see it again. It was a a rare creature that hung around here. Most players would usually only be able to see it once, maybe a few more times if they searched for it and really got lucky. He would be one of the few to get one of its kind, as he knew one of his members had one, but the opposite of it.His feet began to shuffle against the ground as he started to pick up some speed. 

Spoiler

75317 MD:6 

Jonathan 440/700 500-90+30

Dragon 163/380

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan still tried to get away, but the dragon was being difficult and much too fast. It stood in his way over the hill, and Jonathan tried a duck and weave manuever that appeared to not be working that well for him. The dragon was quite stern about how he wanted Jonathan to not get away. "Oh get out of my way already! I can come back to kill you real quick if you would just move!" The dragon growled, seeming to demand that he stay there and fight. 'He might succeed in letting me not get away. If so, that is a shame because I will just have to down right kill him. I don't have time for play time. I need to get to that creature. I might not see it again, and If I do I have to chase it even farther.' Jonathan sighed and began to figure out his options and ways to be able to escape this battle. 

Spoiler

75319 CD:5 D:2

Jonathan 470/760

Edited by Morgenstern

<<No longer Running>>

Jonathan was getting a bit upset. This creature was not letting him escape. He would try one more movement, if not, he would definently have to go on down fighting. He sped in one direction and watched excitedly as the dragon followed. Quickly, he shuffled his feet and altered his direction and sped away. Sadly, The dragon was smarter than that, and altered its direction just as he did. It slammed him over and into the dirt, not harmfully but enough to get its point through. Joanthan grimaced and unsheathed his weapon one more time. "Alright, you want to play like that? I will surely bring up the stakes. You just lost me my chance, and I will ensure you will pay for that."  Jonathan twirled his weapon, swinging it side to side to slice through the air. Finally he stopped the blade's motion cold and began to advance toward his target. It had lost him an entire chance. 

Spoiler

75320 CD:4 MD:2

Jonathan 500/760

Dragon 163/380

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan kept on going. His eyes were blood cold. He raised his weapon, red energy coursing through it as his anger projected it. He kept moving forward raising his weapon as he neared. The dragon turned to back away, but he sped up quickly, slamming his weapon into the dragon. The helpless scaled dragon fell back from the mere force of his blow. He felt a bit better though. He felt good for the pain with the creature. It appeared his blade a lopped off a large potion of the creature's side. Fighting seemed natural to him. He always had really good reflexes, and this was just a fast paced game, testing his abilities to think quickly and problem solve. If he was not fighting for his life, this game would be great. Instead, Kayaba had to ruin everything by adding death to such a great game with so much potiental.

Spoiler

75461 BD:5+3 MD:4

Jonathan 530/760

Dragon 96/380 -70

Edited by Morgenstern

The battle raged on and Jonathan was in the lead by far. A few more hits and the dragon was dead. Then again, the dragon should already be dead. He should have killed it a while back but here it was. He brandished its weapon, and the dragon did not appear to like the sight of it. It had tasted his blade, it probably had no intentions to do it again. Shooting forward, the dragon sunk its claws into his chest, causing him to fall back and had slash marks covering the front of his chest. As he recovered, Jonathan came forward slashing wildly, but the dragon backed away in plenty of time. The blond retreated a bit, but held his ground in the end. If he only had his shield he would have the advantage, but instead he had chosen loot over that. There was an advantage to a shield, and it mostly ensured that his sword was free to attack. 

Spoiler

75589 BD:1 MD:8

Jonathan 470/760 -90+30

Dragon 96/380 

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan was quite impressed with his opponent. Most creatures would have given up, or just started to attack wildly, but this guy kept his calm ad made some very decent attacks. Jonathan was not going to go down so easily though. Shield or not, he was goung to get through this battle. He adcanced forward and he could hear a deep rumble coming from the dragon. Satisfies with his result he leapt forward slashing. The only problem. The creature jumped right along with him. He slashed the creature, bringing it to the brink of its health, but its claws snake in to his leg. It must have had quite amazing speed if it were to still hit him like that. It was down to less that one of his hits left. It was going to be his next one as well. This fight had prolonged much to far, and he needed to have it ended as soon as possible. 

Spoiler

75590 BD:6 MD:6'

Jonathan 410/760 -90+30

Dragon 26/380 -20

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan was getting a little bored with the dragon. The battle had gone on just a little bit too long. Its health was quite low, enough for him to end rather quickly. He advanced holding his curved blade in two hands. The dragon seemed to be tiring, hopefully meaning that it would slow down a bit. As he got into range he smiled and said, "Any last prayers? I don't think your gods will save you." He rose his weapon and brought it down, its aim heading straight for the creatures head. As if getting a surge of strength, the dragon leapt to the side, evading its death one more time. 'Alright, maybe your gods will save you. But just for now, don't even think you are going to get away. " It made no attempt to attack, hopefully meaning that it was just dead inside when it came to energy. "Let's try this again" she twirled his weapon. 

Spoiler

75652 BD:1 MD:1

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan stood and he loomed over his opponent. It had appeared to have managed to triumph for this long, but he had made it devoid of energy. Running and fighting were certainly now futile. Not many creatures were out there could fight him and have a chance at succeeding. This mere dragon had gotten quite far, but as it seemed, not far enough. Laughing, Jonathan stood with his weapon raised over the dragon. It made no move as it accepted death. Moving with speed, Jonathan struck his opponent and it shattered upon touch. Blue shards filled the air and the blond became a bit disappointing as he learned that he did not gain any cash from the feat. "You fought well dragon, but alas it was an unwinnable fight. And when you do respawn, I hope you are just as unsuccessful in your battles among players.

Spoiler

75675 BD:7 MD:5 LD:4+6=10

Jonathan 410/760 -90+30

Dragon 0/380 -70

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan smiled and sheathed his sword. Another mob in his way was dead. The second one had taken far too long for his tastes, but he also had not recieved any col, or a material so far meaning his hunt still continued. He looked over the hill and still seen his wanted creature there. Perhaps he could just go over and tame it? As if on command, the creature flew away, shining brightly. He smiled at its brilliance and began to follow it. It appeared to just keep going farther and farther away from town, meaning it might take a while to get back to town. He began to jog after it, trying to keep it in viewing distance. Just then, it took a sharp turn, moving up the mountain. 'Seriously? I have to climb... the volcano! I heard the bigger dragons live up there, scorching all that try to get up' he kep going after it. The familiar was worth the dragons. 

75578 LD:6+6 No dungeon found

Edited by Morgenstern