[SP-F2] Material Gathering

"How long it has been," Hydra mumbled walking into the forests of the second floor. Today he had accepted the <<Earning a Living>> quest once more, in hope that with enough material gathering he would have enough to keep his store up and running for a while. Although the rewards were far less bountiful this time. Hydra unequipped his armor and shield and equipped his Luna Light charm, being in the shadows of the forest the amulet immediately lit up. Illuminating an eerie glow. "I probably won't even need this." He mumbled, whilst staring at the charm. After a few seconds he continued to equip his gravity orb. Whilst it wasn't the best he could have made, it would hopefully work providing a small boost to his searching skills. Finally Hydra had recently invested into the gatherer skill. This would help increase materials he found naturally, or at least it should do. "With all of this I can hopefully boost my overall amount of stock in the store. Oh and of course the earning a living bonus would be nice." Hydra had thought about saving his skill points and instead fighting some creatures. However with the recent updates that had become more time consuming. Well at least he predicted it would be more time consuming. "Time to head out." Hydra said in a light-hearted tone of voice as he continued into the forest.

Spoiler
Skills: Gatherer
Equipment: Gravity Orb (+2 LD)
Rainbow stone (+1 LD)
= +3 LD

Stats and equipment relevant to this thread ^

Edited by Hydra

"So materials which I can forge to emit light..." Hydra stroked the trees gently as he walked past. Pondering what he could use. After a few minutes of walking, in a subconscious state he arrived at a small lake. The appearance of it brought back old memories to the lake on the first floor he use to spend time at. "I need to return there someday." Hydra chuckled to himself lightly, remembering the amount of times he had slipped and fallen in. Wiping his tears away, the spearman glanced for anything around. Noticing a collection of small see-through like crystals he slowly approached as though bewitched by the objects. Hydra knelt down beside them and picked one up. He had used materials like these before, "Light gems." Hydra mumbled slowly, carefully turning turning the object in his hand. They spawned around the floor often, but usually not in groups. "Looks like the gatherer skill works." Hydra said energetically storing the crystals into his inventory.

ID# 74496 results:

Loot: 19+3 (1+3 materials found)

Total Loot:

x4 [T1] Mats

Edited by Hydra

Hydra continued to move around the lake, keeping an eye out for the materials he called light gems. "The problem is they are everywhere, I just can't see them as they refract light so well." Hydra thought to himself. He felt incredibly calm either way. The natural environment was peaceful and the sound of singing birds enriched the atmosphere. Sometimes Hydra thought this to be a death game. Other days the complete opposite, and it was at times like these he sometimes even preferred this world to the last. A nearby carp leaps from the water, its scales shimmering a deep burgundy as they caught the light of the sun. Hydra found himself smiling, a feeling of ease within him. "No monsters, no players. Just me and the forest." He took in a deep breath of air, and released it a few moments later. Unfortunately he still couldn't sight anymore gems, however it wasn't the only thing he was after. Anything that was usable, he would happily collect.

ID# 74497 results:

Loot: 7+3 (no materials found)

Total Loot:

x4 [T1] Mats

Edited by Hydra

Hydra had nearly circled the entire lake by now, the surface of the water shimmered as it reflected the sunlight. "Perhaps if I look in the water itself." the brunette pondered scratching his chin. As the spearman approached the lake's bank his eye caught the attention of some pond lily's. They may not have been exactly what he was looking for, but they would work none the less. Crouching down as close to the water's edge he could manage, the brunette proceeded to stretch his arm out and pull the water flowers closer to him. "Seems like these do count as materials after all." Hydra graciously collected them and stored them into his inventory along with the light gems. Turning back to the lake he noticed his reflection. His hair had grown a little wilder, and his eyes had a feeling of depth to them, that had been absent before this game. Slowly the spearman stretched out and tried touching the reflection only for it to break apart in ripples.

ID# 74498 results:

Loot: 12+3 (1+3 mats found)

Total Loot:

x8 [T1] Mats

Edited by Hydra

"Sometimes I forget this world isn't the real thing," Hydra said with a whimsical tone. He watched as the ripples broke his reflection apart and then shook his head. "Perhaps this is my world, now at least. Who knows how long I could be stuck here for." Standing back up Hydra once again looked around. So far he was able to collect flowers, so perhaps he could do the same with other vegetation. Noticing a nearby oak tree it contrasted much of the surrounding forest. Although it was hard to tell at times what tree was what. Feeling a little foolish for inspecting a tree, the adventurer moved over and examined it. A collection of white leaves sprouted from some of the branches here and there. Hydra had recalled he had used similar leaves for a previously crafted item of his. Without hesitation, he took the leaves and stored them into his inventory.

ID# 74510 results:

Loot: 14+3 (1+3 mats found)

Total Loot:

x12 [T1] Mats

Edited by Hydra

"No more leaves?" Hydra commented as he looked up at the tree cover and towards the sky. The spearman could make out more of the white coated oak leaves, however, they were far too high to reach and Hydra wasn't the most athletic of people. "Alright time to move on then I guess." Opening up his inventory the spearman began to note down these locations he happened to be visiting on the second floor. Not just so he could gather more materials in the future, but simply because they were more quiet and peaceful locations. Hydra would undoubtedly return here to relax, well if he ever got the chance to relax. He could be farming materials for the next month. "Guess I should try a glade next, or perhaps a meadow." The spearman pondered, now walking with his hands in his pockets. He recalled his nickname the daydreamer and laughed lightly, that's what he was before all this. Perhaps he was still that now.

ID# 74517 results:

Loot: 9+3 (no materials found)

Total Loot:

x12 [T1] Mats

Edited by Hydra

As Hydra traversed his way through the forest he didn't seem to notice anything that he could craft from. Wood was always a resource at hand for artisans, however, unfortunately, the properties meant only cosmetic goods. Small trinkets or sculptures of animals for the most part. Hydra recalled his very first item that was just the sort. A small carving of a wolf, "I wonder if that is still in my store." The adventurer pondered. Speaking of wolves, a pack suddenly took Hydra by surprise as they burst through the forest, weaving in between the tree trunks as they tried to catch a doe. Letting out a sigh of relief, the spearman watched them all past. Fascinated by the spectacle, although sympathetic to the deer that was being chased. "I wonder if that is programmed in as an event or if the wolves are programmed to chase natural prey... Probably the latter." He considered thinking back to how animals behaved on Earth.

ID# 74551 results:

Loot: 5+3 (no mats found)

Edited by Hydra

Hydra eventually reached an opening to a small rolling meadow. It wasn't quite the same as the ones that could be found on floor 3, however, it was attractive in its own sort of way. Especially considering the forest environment that surrounded it. "How beautiful," Hydra said his eyes matching the rhythm of the flowing grass. As he always did when he found something beautiful, the young adventurer stood straight and took it all in. "Haha, I think I spend to much time, in place's like this." He laughed lightly, muffling the sound with the back of his hand. Hydra's blue clothing flowed in the breeze completely camouflaging him with the environment. One may have used the word gentle over strong or manly to describe Hydra as a person, but those words were also true. Hydra valued a kind-heart over any amount of power, in fact, he hated terms even related to those sorts of things. Especially as a measurement of value. "Unfortunately in this world, not everyone holds those same morals," Hydra said, a calm yet sad look in his eyes as his vision drifting up to the blue sky above.

ID# 74561 results:

Loot: 7+3 (no mats gathered)

Edited by Hydra

Hydra moved into the field graciously and began his search for materials. At first, everything was merged as one. Silver blades of grass mixed in with flowers of all varieties, however, with a keen eye, Hydra was able to select what was needed. "This should do." He mumbled happily to himself picking up some more light gems that had been hidden amongst the flowers. Thanks to the work of both his gravity orb and rainbow stone combined, the spearman was able to effectively gather what was needed for his store. As per usual, he examined the object of course. Light gems always seemed to be transparent, although share the color of the surrounding environment. These particular ones happened to be a silvery red. Whereas the ones earlier had a deeper blue. "Probably the lake." Hydra thought. His first ever light gem had been a bright orange, that was when he had crafted the 'daydreamer's light'. A unique trinket of his, although one he hadn't used in a good while.

ID# 74562 results:

Loot: 14+3 (1+3 materials gathered)

Total Loot:

x16 [T1] Mats 

Edited by Hydra

As Hydra collected up the gems, he noticed even more not too far away. "This gatherer skill is a real perk." The spearman chuckled. It was his first non-combat based ability but despite the cost, it was performing incredibly well. Hydra visioned he would fighting with forest spiders or some other beasts of this floor if he wished to even come close to a number of materials he had currently collected without this skill. Once again storing the materials in his inventory he decided to take a short break in the meadow. "Now let's see." The spearman withdrew what items he had to eat, some mushrooms and an apple weren't exactly the best of food but it was hard to store a fully cooked meal that wasn't a sandwich. "Is this even safe to eat?" The spearman said with a voice of concern as he looked at the mushroom. "I can't even recall where I got this..." Sighing he threw the mushroom behind him and instead munched on the apple.

ID# 74563 results:

Loot: 13+3 (1+3 materials found)

Total Loot:

x20 [T1] Mats

Edited by Hydra

"Juicy," Hydra said in a muffled tone, with a mouth full of food.  The brunette seemed to be staring at the apple, rotating what was left of the fruit in his hand. Reflecting and contemplating life, as he usually would. After finishing the piece of fruit he dug up some dirt and buried the core. "What am I doing?" The spearman thought, to shaking his head slightly. Nothing would come about from it if anything it would have probably already shattered into crystals. Letting out a half-hearted laugh the spearman stood up and gave the meadow one more quick scan. He took note of the looming gray clouds on the horizon, it appeared a light rain would be on him soon. Hydra gave a blank stare, biting his cheek slightly. "I should be alright, but I'd rather not get drenched." Brushing flowers, grass and the sorts of himself that he had been mindlessly twiddling with, the young adventurer moved towards the mountain range of the second floor.

ID# 74566 results:

Loot: 2+3 (no mats found)

Edited by Hydra

"Nearly there now." Hydra let out with a breath of air as he tried to scramble up a rocky surface. The terrain had begun to get significantly steeper the closer he got to the mountain and much more treacherous. Hydra had never really come this far out, certainly, on the second floor at least. A sense of excitement hung around him, and whilst he didn't expect to uncover too much, he was always up for a change of scenery. According to the floor descriptions, the mountains were supposedly flat-topped and had large settlements on them. Unfortunately, the adventurer knew he would have to look from afar but it had been that way for a while now. "There we go." The spearman grumbled in determination as he finally neared the top. The path leading up was nowhere near vertical but it still had difficult rocky outcroppings that one needed to make their way around. Rolling onto his back, Hydra stared at the sky a moment. The dark clouds were nearly upon him. "A spot of rain would be refreshing."

ID# 74579 results:

Loot: 10+3 (no materials found)

Edited by Hydra

Hydra felt the first sign of the rain, as cool droplets began to roll down his cheek. They felt like tears, only no sadness or happiness for that matter accompanied them. Just that calm feeling, that resided within. The brunette lay there for a moment, his arms and legs spread. He looked to be in a deep trance. "I never was very good at meditating," Hydra smirked to himself. Opening his eyes to blink a few times the rain had now picked up into a heavier downfall. Soaking his cloth armor and chilling him to the core. Turning his head to the side he noticed more light gems. They appeared much easier to see when there was no sunlight to refract. The adventurer strained his arm outwards and pulled them in. "Dusty gray." He whispered to himself in a hushed voice, commenting on the color of the gems. A sharp stabbing pain suddenly came from his left ear. It appeared getting drenched had woken Twilight up and she wasn't too pleased about the whole ordeal. 

ID# 74595 results:

Loot: 18+3 (1+3 materials gathered)

Total Loot:

x24 [T1] Mats 

Edited by Hydra

"Now lets see what loot I can find." Hydra eventually pushed himself onto his knees and glanced over the flat mountain tops. Towards the center he took note that the vegetation grew denser. As for the bordering sides of the mountain, they were mostly barren other than the bits of rubble surrounding them. "I have to start somewhere." Hydra thought as he begun a walk around. He probably wouldn't stay out there long but it was worth taking a look, especially with views of the rest of the floor. The drop possibly wouldn't kill him, although it would certainly leave cuts and bruises maybe a few smashed limbs which would need regenerating. Hydra was glad that health regenerated in such a way, who knows what he could have lost up to this point if it wasn't for such a mechanic. Whilst the adventurer walked around he didn't notice anything. The rain obscured most of his vision anyway so it was unlikely. Murmuring words to himself he then headed towards the center. This wasn't the only flap-topped mountain, however it was the only one he would be on today.

ID# 74598 results:

Loot: 1+3 (no loot found)

Edited by Hydra

The walk wasn't too long, this mountain being one of the smallest on the range. Still, Hydra had managed to get soaked. Flicking his hair free of water, he then moved towards a rogue tree on his path. "This will have to do," Hydra mumbled bringing his knees to his chest and resting his back against the tree. Unfortunately he still couldn't see any more materials, however, he did eye a small valley before where more forest had seemed to grow. "Perhaps I can try there." Twilight who was still annoyed from earlier let out a wyrmling's cry as she flew to the top branch of the tree. Hydra's eyes followed her, the scales from her serpent-like body glistened even now, despite the lack of light. "Maybe I can use you in one of my items." The spearman chuckled jokingly. The familiar didn't seem to like that her two heads letting out a hiss. Sighing to himself Hydra turned his head once more and looked back into the storm.

ID# 74691 results:

Loot: 1+3 (no loot found)

Edited by Hydra

Although the rain didn't stop it settled making it slightly easier to cope with. "I'm already soaked so we can go out." Hydra talked to himself. Twilight flew down and coiled around his body. The brunette could never tell what her likes and dislikes were. "Well other than sleeping... or is it basking?" Hydra whispered whilst scratching his head. In any case, he began his descent into the small valley. The area itself was of course very nice, even in the rain. A natural waterfall surged into a small pool thanks to the rain enhancing its flow. A few stones here and there allowed the spearman to step across and get a proper view of the area. "Looks like more meadows and forest," Hydra said in a pleasant tone of voice. Forest was a bit of an overstatement, but still, it was certainly a nice area. "I will need to note this down, the brunette mumbled. "Huh?" Hydra's attention suddenly switched from its natural beauty to its bounty. "Another collection of flowers that I can use." He said half running over to pick them up.

ID# 74697 results:

Loot: 18+3 (1+3 mats gathered)

Total Loot:

x28 [T1] Mats

Edited by Hydra

Hydra let out a yawn indicating his tiredness. The spearman surprised himself, he had barely done anything today other than traverse the second floor at a steady pace and take multiple breaks. Yet here he was, yawning his head off as per usual before rubbing his sleepy eyes. "Maybe I have that sleeping disorder," Hydra mumbles before tripping over and falling into the pond. Raising his head back above the surface he let out his signature sigh and decided to try and continue on. "Can't see anything, can you Twilight?" By now his familiar had deserted him for one of the trees. Hydra could spot her from his current position snoozing on a branch. Hoisting himself out the pool with his spear he did a quick count of his current amount of materials. "Only twenty-eight. I was aiming for forty." Groaning slightly he went into his inventory and equipped a set of drier clothing then stumbled on.

Loot: 2+3 (no loot found)

Edited by Hydra

Hydra began to hum a tune to himself as he walked through the rain. He had no song in mind, just created one as he went along. The sound was both sad yet uplifting. It reminded him of loss. "All I have lost..." Hydra said looking down at the palm of his hand which was now shaking a little. A slight glistening in his peripheral vision quickly diverted his attention. "More materials?" The spearman pondered walking over to the source of the light. Certainly there was another collection of light gems waiting for him. These ones more green in color than those from earlier. The brunette crouched down and began to store them one by one into his inventory. "I am going to need items to actually craft from these." Truth be told he hadn't actually considered any of that yet. Customers had left him requests, but unfortunately he had to turn them down due to a lack of materials. "What I really need it a specific set of items rather than just making random ones each time." The spearman mumbled scratching his neck.

ID# 74706 results:

Loot: 20+3 (1+3 mats found)

Total Loot:

x32 [T1] Mats

Edited by Hydra

Thinking back to it Hydra had started on some sort of set. Unfortunately the rings he was forging both got sold off though. "Guess I will need to start from scratch. I wonder how I should approach this." The spearman didn't mind taking peoples requests, however he often found making his own items intrigued him more. Not that his design concepts were better in anyway, he just felt more comfortable making something more to his liking. As Hydra contemplated and walked it seemed that this particular area was rich in materials. Stopping along the way he made sure to gather all the ones he could see up. It appeared the day had nearly drawn to a close by now, "Looks like its time to head back." Hydra mumbled glancing over at the deep orange horizon. "That makes 36 materials. It should be enough for a while." Hydra said scratching his neck. "One more search then I will head back." The brunette patted his mouth trying to muffle a yawn. His next material search would probably be on a different floor so that he could get a change of scenery once every now and then.

ID# 74801 results:

Loot: 16+3 (1+3 materials found)

Total Loot:

x36 [T1] Mats

Edited by Hydra

The walk back seemed longer than the walk there much to Hydra's disappointment. It had also stopped raining although that was probably good rather than bad for most people, unfortunately not for the brunette. Hydra took a similar route back making sure he would definitely remember the locations he found the materials at, as well as just general good relaxing spots, finally arriving at the original lake he first visited he took a large yawn. "Seems I was not lucky enough to spot anything on the return home." Hydra mumbled. Pausing for a moment the spearman took his time to stretch both his arms and legs out. He wondered if muscles were even a physical thing in this. After all whenever one was cut it'd usually just show a pixel cut. "A tongue counts as a muscle." Hydra suddenly remembered. Twilight seemed to ignore his private speech, simply by coiling up on his head. "Nearly there now Twilight just hold on a bit longer." Hydra slowly made his way through the forest. Shadows now stretched for as far as the eye could see, the spearman would have just called it dark however there was still some light filtering into the forest as the day drew to an end.

ID# 74802 results:

Loot: 8+3 (no mats found)

Edited by Hydra