[PP-F11] Gathering for mat... Again <Itzal and Sey> Completed

For the third time the two players were on the eleventh floor, seeking to gather materials.  Itzal had found out that players were low, or drained of tier two materials, which meant he could get a lot of col from selling materials...  If they had the col at least.  He was willing to negotiate, but he really did need the col.  And thus he was here.  To stockpile on materials and gather them swiftly for players.  He didn't have much of a use for them since his profession wasn't the best, although he did need to craft a debuff for a friend...  As well as some healing songs for his girlfriend Kasier.  So he would be using some of the materials, but the rest would be stored for selling.  He wondered if there was a way to use two items that boosted his crafting abilities.  Then he'd have a much better chance at getting a perfect item.  Nonetheless for now he would worry about the gathering part.  Gathering was easy.  It was keeping yourself entertained that proved difficult.  This time however, Itzal decided to try searching for materials inside the city.  Some sightseeing so to speak.  And besides, materials were everywhere.

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

This was his fifth attempt at getting anything out of the searches. They have been doing this for a good amount of time now, and he was hoping that his luck would be a lot better this time than they were the last few times. Only one time had a really good amount of materials come home to him. The rest were just utter trash compared to how well he could have done. According the rule of probabilities, it was probably a fair amount. But he was not in the game to be fair, he was in it to win. Sure, he might have to win it fair, but as long as victory was existent, he did not mind having to get a little bonus in the process. "Yo Itzal, let's go and get some more materials. I really need some, you know how it is. Hopefully I don't end up falling behind this time. the last time was not such an easy trip." Oh man was that true, his lack of gathering despite the skill was just utterly awful during that one time.

Itzal watched Sey walk over and smile.  He nodded to his friend and guild mate.  "If you want me to show you how to scout for materials just let me know.  Getting the skill can be very useful.  Once you've maxed it out and have a proper item to help you, it boosts your percentage greatly.  There was an item that Beatbox ended up getting that can be worn separately from gear that boosts the chance a little per tier.  If I managed to get the item then I would have ranked it up a tier and then I'd never have a problem with materials.  Of course there's always that ten percent."  He nodded towards the streets.  "Come on let's go for a walk.  I figured we could do some gathering in the town for a change."  As the two began to walk he looked around at the Italian styled town.  "Have you ever played any of the assassin's creed games?"  He scanned the area for materials he could use.  He smiled as he spotted four dropped copper coins that nobody cared about and placed them in his inventory.

ID#  74424  LD:  11+8=19

+4 MAT

4 MAT total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

“I think I know what you mean. Was it that one item back when we were fighting that Christmas boss? I remember that he got the last hit from that boss fight, and I definitely can’t forget my boss fight.” Sey was not sure whether that item was a scouting item or not for getting materials, but to get it must have been really important if the Scout Paladin had his eyes on it. He did not know how many materials that he would be able to obtain with it either, but if it was able to multiply the earns even further, then why should one not take it? Sey was not in any position to be making deals with the small amount of col he was carrying with him right at the moment. It was best he continued to save up for the house. “Hm, Assassin’s Creed? I don’t think so, though I may have heard it once or twice. Can I assume there is an assassin?”

ID: 74503

LD: 10 + 3 = 13 (No Salt....)

Total Mats: 0

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal heard Sey mention that he had no idea what assassin's creed was.  "Well yes, it involves assassins.  Long story short, the Templars believe that the only way for there to be true peace is if they control everything.  Total and utter control of everything and everyone, choosing what everyone does and such.  The assassin's believe that everyone should have free will and thus battle against the templars.  All the games take place in historical events and thus turn out to be a much better way to learn history, since it entertains people.  Me?  I never liked history, so the games helped me out a lot."  He looked around at the town and smiled.  "The main character in Assassin's creed was a true master of parkour, and everyone's favorite character mainly operated in Italy.  This town reminds me of those games."  He scanned the area for any materials but he spotted nothing.  Thus he just continued to walk.

ID#  74505  LD:  6+8=14

4 MAT total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Any game about a fight for free will is just my type of game. Its like this one... But we are fighting for a lot more than just that. Still though, if I can get the chance to play games in the real world, i will give this a shot." The snow haired player would explain as he continued to look around for some materials, but to no avail as gartherer would not trigger once again. Ah was his luck rotten. "Still though, they ended up killing of course. Right? So they had to sacrifice a variery of lives in order to fight for the freedom they desired, right." looking back to the town, he noticed that it had a little bit more of an italian vibe, hich was not unfamiliar to him since he was half british and raised in britain. The other half of him was split into two, American and Japanese, making this weird child named Semato with white hair and an occassional british accent slip. "That kind of lifestyle sounds like tough work. Killing with no remorse in the shadows, a near thankless job."

ID: 74509

LD: 8 + 3 = 11 (No Salt....)

Total Mats: 0

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal listened to what Sey said and he nodded.  "Well yeah, they kill.  But only specific targets.  It's a little hard to explain but they only target those who are guilty and who threaten the free will of others.  And they don't really care about rewards, although throughout the game you are able to help peasants in need and they in return will help hide you from the guards.  It takes practice though.  Even though the character is a master of parkour you need to memorize where everything is so you can plan your infiltration route as well as your escape route.  And if you don't hide from the guards when out of site in time you could be chased forever.  It's more strategy than anything and I love it."  When he checked the nearby vicinity for any materials he spotted nothing this time around.  Oh well he thought, can't win them all.  It seemed Sey liked the game though and he nodded.  "Don't worry, we will get out of this world."

ID#  74570  LD:  4+8=12

4 MAT total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Sounds like a great game. I assume it's an open world one, like this. I can't imagine it being anything like an RPG since you kind of have to stay hidden. And this game is the exception since they actually made that a system. Unique, I'll be honest." The snow-haired player would explain if he would have to comment on the games systems. It was very well done, which was why after all of this was over, after the game has been shut down and never to enter their lives again... He was going to hack it and get the technology needed in order to further expand his fathers business. As he continued to search, he plucked up a few cocoa beans that were on stray pieces of plants left. "If I have to be honest, one of my personal favorites would have to be... Any Tycoon Game involving budgeting and getting richer. That is a game that I have been raised with for so long, like Clash of Clans or Game of War and that sort of thing."

ID: 74592

LD: 17 + 3 = 20

Total Mats: 4

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal nodded to the statement that it was a good game.  To that he very much agreed.  When he talked about sword art online he also nodded.  "I'm hoping to get to the point where I can make my very own virtual reality game.  I'm making notes all the time when I have the chance," he explained, pulling out a journal from his inventory and handing it to Sey to see.  If Sey opens it up he'd find notes written very small and fine as well as many drawings and sketches, though mostly sketches as he wasn't very good with drawing.  "The problem is, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get all that information from this world into real life.  Maybe by memorizing it before the big battle?  I don't know.  I played a tycoon game once or twice but I beat them to quickly.  I was too good at it.  So I played role playing games since it required more than just calculations."  He noticed a few herbs that someone had dropped and picked them up, placing them in his inventory.

ID#  74619  LD:  16+8=22

+4 MAT

8 MAT total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"That probably makes you the luckiest player in this game then, being able to experience it firsthand for who knows how long? You get to see everything from the inside and analyze the patterns this game has. I'll be honest, it is very well made, so it probably is a good idea to get ideas from here." He would explain as he continued to pluck a few herbs form the ground, and they seemed to be ripe enough for the taking, and there was a plentiful amount of them right there as well, so those factors all worked together for something to be made in his shop later on for the most recent customer he had, who seemed to be expecting something from the tier one selection. "That is indeed a problem. And memorization probably won't be working, as... Well, imagine it like this. The first thing you do when you wake up in the real world, it's not going to be those notes. You're going to be in recovery, like all of us will... But perhaps there is hope for keeping the knowledge and keeping it in mind for the real world, if you want to hear."

ID: 74621

LD: 19 + 3 = 22

Total Mats: 8

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal nodded.  "True, but think of it like this:  When you learn something in school and you don't really use it for a little bit, you seem to 'forget it'.  But then when you need it, for real, then the memory slowly resurfaces.  I kind of imagine it will be like that.  Every day I read the book so that I can fully and completely memorize it.  And seeing the pace we're going with in this world towards clearing the floors, I have plenty of time to memorize it all.  Hopefully.  But yes, when I wake up the first thing that will be on my mind most likely is Kasier.  We are getting out of this game alive I don't care how we do it...  Not involving murder though, you already know I'm not for that."  Itzal had very strong hope that they'd survive this and he intended to protect Kasier to his dying breath.  However he also knew that she didn't want him to die from saving her.  It was killing him to think about that so he chose not to.  They would get out alive and that was the end of it.  An npc walked past, carrying a sack of rice.  Some of it fell out but before Itzal could call for their attention they vanished into the crowd.  Shrugging he picked up five handfuls of rice and placed them in his inventory.

ID#  74626  LD:  14+8=22

+4 MAT

12 MAT total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Nearly everything that my strategy consists of. Learn things in chunks, and learn them well. Like the English language, you learned it so that it would stay in the back of your head. Starting from now, you need to go piece by piece in order to memorize every single detail." He would continue on, only to notice a few berries that were on the stems of a plant. Upon further investigation, he wold notice that the berries were cute little plump strawberries, perfect for the shakes he planned to make in the future. Now all he would have to use was a couple of banana's and he would be set. The next part was that the first thought to pop of up Itzal's mind was Kasier, which was adorable in it's own way, but that would just remind him exactly of what she... At this point, he was probably going to end up having a phobia. "Good luck in the real world if you do. I don't think I will look to reciprocate that sort of thing."

ID: 74627

Total Mats: 12

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal listened to Sey explaining how he learned things and he saw the reasoning and logic behind it.  When he suggested Itzal did the same he nodded.  "Yeah it makes sense.  I'll try that method out.  Thanks Sey."  While Sey was picking a few berries he scanned the area for any more materials.  As he did he also looked at the scenery.  Since it was morning, the npcs were out and about.  Itzal wondered if the noble who had assisted Itzal on his randomly generated quest was around somewhere.  In any case, the npcs were up and about, making their way around, visiting shops and fetching their children who were playing in the streets.  It was lively and Itzal liked it, although he didn't like it when it was crowded.  He scanned the area for materials, hoping to get his mind off of the thick crowd coming up.  Then one of the children threw something through the air and was shouted at because of it.  The object came shooting towards Itzal who caught it in mid air, noticing that it was an orange.  Then his eyes widened slightly when he saw three others incoming, and caught those too.  Inserting the materials into his inventory he heard Sey's last comment.  "Eh?  Why's that Sey?"

ID#  74629  LD:  11+8=19

+4 MAT

16 MAT total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Oh? Hm..." How to put it was a good question. The thing was, he did not want to make it look like he was insulting the two paladins for their relationship. He was proud of them for having that sort of ending and would not prefer it in any other way. However, that was not what he was looking for in the game. Even if he did do that, to him, it was him just falling for a bunch of pixels that were made from a wifi router and the game itself. The goal for him was to gain power to get out of the game, that was the gist of it. "I'm happy for the two of you for being able to tie the knot, or nearly. But I'm in this game to get out of it, and I don't look to feel for something that was formed from pixels inside of a video game anyways. If you can pull it off, then so be it... But I am not looking for that, nor am I going to let it happen. If there is any way I could avoid it, then so be it." And that was that, hopefully the best answer he could give.

ID: 74630

LD: 9 + 3 = 12

Total Mats: 12

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal listened to Sey's response and paused for a moment.  He focused on Sey's words totally.  He blinked.  Pixels?  "You realize that while mobs, the world and npcs are just pixels, players aren't.  They're actual people with a soul, spirit and mind.  And don't cut yourself off from emotions Sey, especially love.  I'd go so far as to say that is the most important emotion of all.  And to be honest, one's true love can come from literally anywhere.  Whether it be here, in the real world, anywhere at any time.  And you won't know it at first.  Most of the time the percentage chance of someone finding the one right for them upon first contact is near zero.  All those Disney movies lie...  What gave you that perspective?  If I may ask of course?"  His eyes, ever watchful, were scanning for materials the entire time he had spoken.  He spotted a vase that rolled away from it's set and he picked it up, noticing that something was inside.  He reached in and pulled out five copper coins.  He looked up and noticed an entertainer whom random npcs were tossing copper coins too.  Some of them towards him, and some of them went off to who knows where, but the entertainer seemed interested in silver and above so he kept the copper coins, inserting them in his inventory.

ID#  74633  LD:  18+8=26

+4 MAT

20 MAT total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

His ears drank up the words that were being told to him as he would just listen, looking for a chance to jump in, but then would be let down as Itzal would continue. Oh man, where to start. When the explanation finished, he understood where Itzal was coming from, but he did not want to have that sort of life. Hey, if it didn't even have to happen in the real world, why bother? "It's just, what's the point? It's not like I'm trying to get someone in this game for that sort of affection. My goal is to get out of the game and forget about it, but say by some odd chance I actually do have feelings for someone, in which I really hope I don't... That means I can't forget this game and it's existence. I would never be able to let go." Sey would explain as he would then acknowledge the other question. This was the boyfriend of the one who gave him that one hollow memory. "Kasier told me as if it was guaranteed to happen... I'm not going to let it happen... It can't happen... It won't happen."

ID: 74640

LD: 18 + 3 = 21

Total Mats: 16

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

What's the point?  Itzal mentally repeated.  There was so much to it he thought.  Then he smiled sadly to Sey when he heard that he wanted to forget this world.  "Sey.  Whether we like it or not we have to accept two things about this part of our lives.  The first being that this game will ultimately change us.  It already changed me very much.  Believe me, I was very different when I came in.  And the second thing is this:  It will always be a part of our lives.  Just like a breakup between couples, or the death of family or friend, or a childhood with an abusive parent.  The memory and feeling will always be there and will never go away.  And the same goes for this game.  If we escape this we will always be reminded of it.  The key isn't forgetting about this world.  It's learning how to cope with it, and reminding ourselves of any benefits that come from it.  As for the point of having someone to love.  Well that depends on perspective.  Do you have a mother or father you love?  Or siblings?  Have you ever seen a girl and had a crush on her?  All emotions are important Sey.  And all emotions are good.  Love, hope, excitement, even fear and anger are good.  There are negatives to these of course, such as lust, doubt, obsession, terror and hate.  But love is the strongest emotion.  If you want a drive in this world, love is the way to go.  In fact, that's the emotion that gives us the most drive, as well as the most strength.  My love for my mother and father, sister, and now Kasier drives me to train harder, so as not to die and lose them.  Not only that, but I get to know Kasier on a more deeper level.  And it's breathtaking.  I'm glad she's not perfect since nobody is.  We both have faults, things in common and some that aren't.  No relationship is or ever will be perfect, but we're all born with that need and desire."  Finally Sey mentioned what Kasier had said.  He raised his eyebrow.  "Kasier said that?  Well I didn't know she'd be so open to say that...  But I'm glad.  She started out very closed up.  I'm glad she's opening up a little......  If you really don't want to connect with others that's your choice Sey.  But coming from someone who's been totally isolated his whole life and thought that he had it best.  It's worth it.  I'd trade half my life if it meant we'd be together."

@Sey

"I do love my father, like a son should. Even if we weren't related by blood, I love him all the same. But that's far different from a girl you love not related by blood. I don't expect a perfect relationship, because I don't expect one. Not from the game if I get a say... Er, Sey in it." Sey would explain as he would then consider the other points being taken. There were more things he could rip to shreds, since that was just his role as a businessman. But he was going to play nice and bring things up nicely. "The emotions of satisfaction and unity are fine. Even the negative ones I don't mind. But love and lust, two categories that I wish to not have. I can have strong bonds without having to use either of the two. There are good people I could get the number of here for sure, but to go for a long-distance relationship... That would never work, not with the kind of life I had. Friends, I could do that all day. But a lover, I can't... I still can't comprehend how that would happen for me."

Itzal couldn't help but laugh when he said he didn't expect a relationship from a game.  When he stopped he smiled at Sey.  "That's exactly what I said to myself Sey.  In fact I thought I'd never meet anyone right for me, nor someone who would actually like me, nay love me.  Yet I found her.  Actually we found each other.  There wasn't anything bad about it.  Sure I was nervous at first but I got over that pretty quickly.  And while it's true that they are different from each other it's not that different.  You simply love another person more so than you would your parents, it's not a bad thing.  Far from it actually.  And no, the negatives aren't good on any level.  Lust I despise.  Doubt isn't good although I admit it does serve a purpose from time to time.  Terror only drags you down.  Obsession leads to disappointment and unhappiness.  And hatred tears friendships apart.  And anything can work out, if you allow it.  If you continually push the factor of love out of your life you might end up lonely someday.  However I'm not pressing anything.  We have our opinions and beliefs.  I was just curious as to why you refused the very thought of having a girlfriend.  Although let me ask you this:  How can you be sure it would be bad, if you're not willing to give it a go?  And if one day you decide to, don't do so grudgingly, fearfully, or with doubt.  Just roll with it."  He felt it was time to change the subject and scanned the area for some materials.  However he spotted nothing.  "On another note, how's your shop doing?  I haven't touched mine for a bit, though I should get back to work on it.  Probably making good quality items again soon."

ID#  74649  LD:  2+8=10

20 MAT total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

The scout was clearly very passionate about this, though Sey would only look to see that it was just bias being used. Perhaps that isn't the response that would occur if the paladin were not hooked up to someone else. Then again, who was he to say what someone would say and what they wouldn't? "I don't have to be completely "lonely". That's what friends are for. Besides, it doesn't force me to desire something that was not real in front of me for a while. I get it that there are humans in the game, but eventually, the game will soon pass. And for lingering feelings like that to be left, not in my best interests. As for why I wouldn't want one, it would direct me from my original goal." His voice paused as he would then pluck a few cherries from a tree with a low-hanging branch allowing him to pluck them in the group of five that they came in. He was feeling very lucky today, there was no doubt about. "As for the shop, it's holding up, but I really need to start crafting again. I don't need to leave my customers hanging.

ID: 74685

Total Mats: 20

@Itzal

Edited by Sey