[PP-F10] Lower Your Volume <<Wail of the Banshee>>

Seems like they did not have to go too far in order to find anything. Hydra was the one to locate it in the first place, resulting in the gate being possibly found. Well… That was rather uneventful. “I’ll investigate. If something goes down… Well, I’ll see you in hell.” Ah, puns. Even at a time like this, this was apparently a time for him to be making such jokes. Placing his left hand out, he would feel the burning of the door in a single second before everything just blanked for a little bit, all he saw was black before red flashed out in front of him, the doors being opened. Sey couldn’t see… The red was far too much for him to take, and closing his eyes would leave a bunch of flashing lights in under his eyelids. However, he charged forward as he tried to get in. The intimidation was strong, but he was not going to let even the gates of hell bother him.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hydra watched as Sey took the plunge first. The spearman could even make out the bright led light and he was a few feet away. A few moments passed and his snow-haired friend didn't reemerge. Hydra paused for a moment and took a deep breath. Eventually after taking the time he needed he followed in after Sey. The door itself was certainly hot, enough for Hydra to pull his hand away in reaction. Finally he looked up, just for a brief moment and peered into the gates of Tartaros. He couldn't see Sey but there was no way he would leave him in this place, certainly not hell. Gritting his teeth Hydra rushed forward into the jail, becoming engulfed in the red light.

After a brief moment of flashing lights and a burning sensation across his whole skin, Hydra opened his eyes on the other side of the gate. "What is this place?" The spearman stood up whilst looking around. The area was identifiable as the jail he had previously seen. Except it was also much more distorted, as though a murky haze was spread for as long as the eye could see. Hydra was also peering down at the floor of the building, he was somehow stood on the roof. "I need to find Sey, then this banshee and we need to get out here fast." Hydra thought. He had a bad feeling about this place.

He saw nothing for a few moments, not a vivid dream that he could try to make lucid, or a dastardly evil nightmare he had to survive. Remaining on the hard ground below, his body was knocked uot from being so close to the gate for so much time. The only thing to be seen was the top left corner health bar and energy bar, both of which seem to be full at the moment. He was alive. But for how long? His violet eyes would open up once again, slowly as they blurred and his head aching. A little tingling sent out through his nervous system, not even the slightest bit of a break. “Ack… Hydra?” He would try to emit his voice, but would only have a little bit come out as he felt the damage to his throat preventing him from saying much else. Shoot. Now he was forced to just limp along and hope for the best… Again.

"Well..." Hydra rubbed his eyes, the distortion didn't seem to fix itself. Sighing he looked at his general surroundings. "At least I can still move." It was odd, whatever Hydra thought in his head seemed to echo throughout the dungeon. Not that there was anyone to hear his thoughts which didn't want to kill him. The spearman glanced from left to right and then deciding to go with his earlier tactic he began to walk down the left corridor humming a tune to try and distract himself along the way. The whole area seemed void of life, Hydra wondered if Sey had ended up in the same place as him or somewhere different. For now, all he could do was hope that they would happen to find each other. As Hydra kept walking he found himself meeting another set of doors, iron and barred although the corridor seemed to grow darker after that point so despite being able to see through the gaps the spearman couldn't make anything out. Hydra steadily prepared his spear for whatever was on the other side, if there was even something on the other side. As the gate slid open he put his left leg back and prepared to activate his charge stance.

He was slowly getting back to walking again as he ventured whatever labyrinth that he was in, only to hear a few footsteps ahead, in which he stopped. Placing his right hand over to open his inventory, he found the Memorilia spear before equipping it at that moment, prepared to now fight whatever was coming up ahead. “Hm…” As he slowly approached, he would notice that there looked to be a shine of bars in front of him, followed by a shadow in front of him in the shape a human. But instead of lashing out, Sey investigated to notice that it was someone familiar… Yup, it was them. The last thing he needed to do was scare Hydra though, so he would wait for him to get into an encounter before leaping in and helping with the fight, so that way the brunette would not lash back at him out of fear.

Hydra waited for a moment but nothing came out at him. Relaxing his body he let out a sigh and left his charge stance. "If I can't see my enemy they can't see me." He mumbled to himself whimsically as though it would protect him from whatever was in the darkness. "Alright time to enter." Cautiously Hydra stepped forward and allowed the shadows to cloak him. The brunette had no armor on so if something were to strike out at him it'd be up to his shield for protection. All he could hear was his own breathing, his echoed footsteps and the beating of his heart. Which didn't exactly help because the more anxious it made him the faster the beating got. In his left hand, Hydra had his 'water serpent's fang' at the ready. In his right hand, he held his 'luna-light' amulet. Unfortunately it wasn't quite enough to illuminate the whole room however he could just about discern objects scattered about. Eventually, the spearman arrived at a large circular room, in the middle lay what appeared to be a gravestone was some strange inscription on. "Why is this here?" As the brunette moved forward the sound of groaning surrounded him. It wasn't a human groan and it certainly wasn't Sey's. Hydra spun around in a panic only to be met with four undead guards clad in armor and they seemed pretty angry for Hydra's sudden intrusion.

Undead Zombie Guard - 40/40 | 120 DMG | 15 Mitigation

"Get back!" He announced his presence as the enemies would all lash out at once to strike at the both of them, though Hydra seemed to be the first target. Sey did not want to let that attack go through, so he would wildly swing his might spear around in order to get them all at once, despite being in the dark. As a result, he would slice through them all with just that one shot before then placing his spear head onto the ground. His shoulder hurt from moving so much so early, but at least the fight was over before it already began, and Sey was definitely grateful for that being the case.  That was close. Sheesh, these monsters do not give it a rest. Argh... Man, that hurt though. Anyways, where even are we?" It should have been obvious that they were still in the quest, but he was not in his best thinking state as of right now. It was unfortunate, but at least he handled the monsters.

ID: 75294

BD: 8
Sword Art: Forceful Attack - 1x7 - AoE - (14 Energy) - A powerful mid-tier thrusting attack aimed for the enemies chest.
Dmg: 12 x 7 = 84 - 15 = 69 Dmg
MD: 3

Hydra - 675/675 | 66/66 Energy | 13 Damage | 66 Mitigation | 3 Accuracy
Sey - 660/660 l 53/66 Energy l 13 Damage l 57 Mitigation l 3 Acc

Undead Zombie Guard - 0/40 | 120 DMG | 15 Mitigation

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

Hydra went for his spear but he was to slow, the things were about to strike out at him. Pacing backwards a few steps and falling over he braced himself then a flash of blue filled his vision and the zombie guards were no more. The brunette quickly glanced over to his savior, the snow-haired player and Sey was the one who stood behind the final kill. "Thanks." Hydra said in a voice which indicated he had been scared half to death. Forcing himself up the spearman looked around, there appeared to be no more zombies at the very least but everything suddenly felt deathly cold. Hydra started shivering. "Do you feel that?" He asked Sey who was stood just in front of the coffin. Hydra's own face went pale for a moment as he looked at the creature behind him. A figure of a woman with beautiful long flowing hair, but eyes of burning rage. "I wouldn't recommend turning around right now." Hydra managed to whisper. Slowly crouching down he reached for his spear that he had dropped and readied his <charge> stance. "The banshee is floating right behind you." Was what Hydra wanted to say, instead as he opened his mouth the creature let out a scream and went straight at them both.

Hydra - 675/675 | 66/66 Energy | 13 Damage | 66 Mitigation | 1 Accuracy (3-2)
Sey - 660/660 l 53/66 Energy l 13 Damage l 57 Mitigation l 1 Accuracy (3-2)

Banshee - 250/250 | 200 Damage | 2 Evasion

The sound scream would be met with his own sudden instincts as a Sword Art would trigger and he would spin his body around, lashing out at it while it screamed, despite how bad it was hurting his ears. It was a simple case of instinct that made his do this, while he had it up so close to him anyways. But that was not strategy, it was simply a case of chance, and he had that on his side. His strikes were aimed specifically for the body to lower her health at the weakest point. Every strike had a red "critical" appearing, showing that he was inflicting a heavy amount of damage onto it. Upon the final jump, he swung the tip of the spear down onto it and send it below the yellow point, though not exactly near the red zone. He did full damage onto it, and it did not have a way of avoiding damage. With such low mitigation, they would have this settled in about a few seconds. It seemed easier than he thought. "Argh... My ears... If you still can hear me, know that it doesn't deal well with taking damage!"

@Hydra

ID: 75521

BD: 9
Sword Art: Merciless Flurry - 12x1 - (13 Energy) - A high-end sword art that strikes the target with a flurry of rapid thrusts.
Dmg: 13 x 12 x 1 = 156 Dmg

MD: 2

Sey - 660/660 l 53/66 Energy l 12 Damage l 57 Mitigation l 1 Accuracy (3-2)

Banshee - 94/250 | 200 Damage | 2 Evasion

Edited by Sey

As Sey turned to counter the banshee Hydra readied his charge stance. Bits of crystals flew everywhere as his snow-haired friend brought it withing killing range. After that it was down to Hydra before the ghostly like a woman could open her mouth to let out another scream which might have been more severe, the brunette rushed forward combining the effect of charge and merciless flurry as usual. He sent the water serpent's fang straight into the ghost's body over and over and over again. Until the scream diminished into a then into a sob until there was nothing left to here. "Thank goodness that's over." Hydra let out with a satisfied breath of air before slumping down against the coffin. After gathering his thought he looked back to Sey and gave him the most confused looking smile ever. "Well, that was no way near as hard as I expected it to be." Once the color had returned to Hydra's face he pushed himself up and gave one last look around for anything of note.

@Sey

ID# 75523 results:

Battle: 8+(3-2) = 9 (hit)

<Charge> activated (+1 DMG)

SA: Merciless Flurry (12x1) = 14x12 = 168 DMG to Banshee

Sey - 660/660 l 53/66 Energy l 12 Damage l 57 Mitigation l 1 Accuracy (3-2)

Banshee - 0/250 | 200 Damage | 2 Evasion

Edited by Hydra

"I know, right? Honestly, that was kind of disappointing. Not that I should be complaining, but I thought for the rewards that it gave, we should have been able to end the battle with scars on our bodies at least." Sey would explain as he would look back to the shattered pieces of data that once made up the boss monster. It made him question how strong it was really supposed to be and how they were able to destroy it so quickly. What was it supposed to do? Was it an error in the game? No, that would have make it flawed, and the game did not like flawed things. They would end up getting taken out of the game thanks to the cardinal, that was what he had seen back in the past anyways. "We should have gotten some skill points out of this. What else do you think there was? I don't remember since the quest board was hard for me to even see in the first place, do you remember?"

"Let me see." Hydra scrunched up his face and thought back to the rewards, it appeared they were in for a total of four skill points as well as... Hydra suddenly lit up like a light bulb and shot over to the desiccated corpse of the banshee. "If my memory serves me correct there should be an item here." It appeared nothing had dropped from the final blow. "Perhaps in the spawning location." Hydra mumbled to himself moving over to the coffin. There an item named as <bottled banshee scream> had suddenly spawned in. Carefully the spearman picked it up and took it over to Sey. "Here you did the most damage, as well as kill all those guards, take it." Hydra said light-heartedly pressing the item into Sey's hand.  "Now time to get out of this place." Hydra laughed, although there did seem to be an extra spring in his step as he began to walk. "Wait how do we get out of this place?" They had put a lot of effort into getting here but the brunette had no idea how they were suppose to get out. He paused, stood silent momentarily, and then covered his face with his hands, showing clear signs of stress. Hopefully his friend would know a route out.

"Thanks. Though I should probably start using the items eventually if I am going to get them all. You sure you don't want it? I just seem to be constantly collecting without actually using them." It was just that he felt that he was already ready. The items were a oneshot before gone, and he felt he needed a real reason to use it before actually going into a battle. Placing his hands in his pockets as Hydra would ask about the exit, he would look around. "Video games sometimes requires you to look around and connect clues together. We need to think, if we were in the gates of hell, which we are, what would force open the doors again? The fantasy answer would be something mythical, but we don't quite have that access. If we want to reopen the door, we should probably start off back where we landed... Though I don't quite know where I landed back myself, so that's probably no good."

Hydra nodded, retracing there steps was the only sound idea he could think of. "I found myself somewhere down this corridor, oh as for the bottled banshee scream to be quite honest I am not sure I want anything to do with a ghost on my person." Hydra laughed nervously before turning and heading down the route they came. "I will try and keep an eye out for anything unusual." As the pair began walking back down the corridor, Hydra wasn't expecting to find a cluster of usable light gems to one side. "I'm surprised I didn't see these earlier." Hydra laughed crouching down to collect the fancy gems up, he would use them in his store at a later date. Returning his focus to the corridor he glanced around. "I think it was somewhere around here that I came in. Near a set of stairs perhaps. I can't really remember all that well." He said in a forgetful tone. Slowly the brunette rotated his body giving the area another look around.

@Sey

ID# 75594 results:

Loot: 18 (4 T1 mats found)

Edited by Hydra

Light gems had been found by Hydra, so those should be able to help them navigate their way through. "Until something contradicts what you say, we have no other choie but to believe it. Stairs are a possibility, so we need to try to locate them." He explained as he would pick up one of them, give them a gentle little shake, then hold it out forward and watched it illuminate the scene a little bit. His eyes shifted back towards the metallic door that the both of them entered the scene through before making his way towards that direction. Upon further inspection, he noticed that the enclosed space had a small little dangling rope. Putting the light upwards, the rope was a connected to a floating set of stairs a few feet above them. "Looks like you were right. Hopefully these stairs can bring us to somewhere we need to be, we don't need any more trouble with these things." And so he would begin to climb up.

Hydra watched Sey begin to climb and turned around to give the room one last scan. He didn't feel like anything had followed them, but it was best to just make sure and check. Letting out a sigh of relief Hydra then turned around and began to tail after Sey. He didn't know how long they were climbing for but eventually it felt as though they were about to break free of the prison that Tartarus was. "Thank goodness that's over." Hydra said taking in a deep breath of air as the pair emerged out from the abandoned looking jail. "I think we were luckily not to bump into anything other than that banshee." The spearman pondered to himself scratching his neck nervously. Despite the banshee being one of there easiest foes to tackle, that didn't change the fact that her appearance frightened Hydra a little. The brunette could still feel his ears ringing from the first time she screamed.

"Yup! That's definitely a plus without a doubt. And now I think up the stairs we should probably find..." *Clunk* His head would hit against the doors for he could not see them in the darkness. Rubbing his head, he would moan slightly in pain from the impact. But placing his hand onto it, he would push it forward and allow the darkness from the outside to reveal itself. "Yeah... This definitely looks like the exit. Nothing heavenly I'm afraid, but I think this should just about do it." Sey would announce to the brunette as he made his way out of the doors and into the scene of darkness in the caverns. Fortunately, that was all over, and hopefully they did not have to do that again. Any more noise like that and he was sure to go deaf. It was expected since all Banshee's seemed to wail, at least according to the old lady. But still, maybe other quests did not  have as much noise. And those would be preferred.

Now they were out they could begin to make there way home. Only Hydra had completely forgot the way in which they came, as everything was pitch black. Sighing slightly the adventurer glanced around the cavern, he couldn't really make out anything other than the dim light that was being shed from the various objects they had picked up along the way. "Well... how is your sense of direction." The spearman laughed lightly. Whether Sey knew or not the spearman proceeded to get a general bearing of his surroundings. Along the floor he could only make out the cobbled path of broken stone. "No good." Hydra mumbled. If Sey had no idea then they could potentially be walking around for a while. The thought of it all Hydra want to equip his spear, once more he took his weapon out. There could be anything lying in wait for them so it would be down to his reaction time above all else.

@Sey

ID# 75774 results:

Loot: 6 (no loot found)

Edited by Hydra

At this point, he really did not know. The map was about as useless as a needle in a rubber factory since the darkness covered it in darkness. "Well your crystal suggests that we can't go inside of a safe zone. We are walking on your territory I'm afraid, so if you know of a teleporter outside of the safe zone, we should best go over there. Splitting up will only get us killed." There was a lack of trust on the floor, it already lowered their ability to see, and those who had night vision were able to strike whenever they wanted, which was not something that brought his spirits up. If they stayed together, they at least had the numbers on their side. "Well, if you don't know, we just have to walk aimlessly with our spears in hand. It's not going to get any better right now anyways, so we should just brace for the worst in case it is to come." And so that was his proposal. Not the best... But it was still something.

"Hmm........" Hydra paused to think about it, there wasn't much to go off but he supposed if they could find the house from earlier they could make their way back from there. "I guess we'll just have to wander for a bit." Hydra said lightly. The brunette was keeping an eye out for anything which would glow, usually in these caves there were plants and the sorts which would help to guide there way. Eventually he sighted a patch of fluorescent green mushrooms. "Not exactly what I was hoping for," Hydra said scratching his head. "Do you recall anything like this." He turned to ask Sey. After moving on from the mushrooms they must have wandered aimlessly for what felt like a few hours, just as Hydra was giving up on hope they arrived at a very familiar spot. "Is that the quest board?" The spearman said squinting his eyes at the wooden plaque before them. Somehow the pair of players had managed to reach there destination from a completely different path, but it was no matter. From here they could find there way back to the teleportation gate and back home. "Thanks for the help by the way." Hydra said turning to Sey.