[PP-F6] It Runs Loose Again <<Deforestation>>

Continuing back from their previous quest, since it was rather easy for them to handled, she asked him if he could take another quest with her. So he told her that he knew of one already that they could take, recalling the events back when they were fighting the sand shark. It was an enemy nailed with one blow, yet it offered a lot of skill points for the other player. With this in mind, he chose an enemy that holds a little bit more weight to it. So instead of the fifth floor, he would lead her to the sixth. “This one involves a rampaging flaming tiger. It had a bit more strength, so it won’t be as easy to defeat. But it will still be something we could take down, and it gives the same amount of skill points as an added bonus, so that is a definitely plus.”

@Ivory Lotus

Ivory nodded. "It certainly sounds a bit scarier than a sand shark. More realistic too, or at least like something you would hear about in ancient myth rather than a shark that swims in the sand. That's just someones idea of a bad pun." She said with a smile and a little laugh, walking next to Sey. She was thankful that he was willing to carry her through these quests, seeing as she really couldn't do them herself. If she were a damage dealer she probably could, but her build required others and a lot more skill points than any other build she knew of. "It shouldn't be a problem. I can take some hits, and although I didn't get to show it off in the last quest, my healing skills are grandmastered, so you don't need to worry about yourself. I'll keep you alive. Trust me in that." She said, giving a warm and full hearted smile to her quest partner.

@Sey

"Thanks, glad to know that you have my back. Let me know if you need healing. It's not in the most perfect state, but it hopefully should be enough to keep you up on your feet." he explained before then letting out a small smile of his, rather than anything that was considered "warm". He was a calm and collected player, it was tough for him to be able to let out a full out smile. It was not really in his nature, despite how some try to force it out of him. One in particular... The brunette that would, not, stop, poking him.... She was a special nutcase. To this day he had shivers thinking of her existence... But fortunately, there was no presence of her evident, so that was bliss news. "I took this one before, believe it or not. There is this one other player who helped me through it, I myself could not do anything to the monster. Pfft, how stupid of me. I didn't even have full healing either. At least you have mastered something before taking this."

She smiled to him again. "Well, i'm not going to be able to do anything to the monster either, unless you want me to heal it." She grinned, following him as they made their way up to the sixth floor. "So you have a lot of experience with quests? Who carried you?" she asked, it being common knowledge that everyone had been carried at one point by someone else. It was easier to get someone to carry you through a quest without you doing anything, and still get the reward. Ivory wouldn't have minded doing that for someone, but her build wasn't going to let her. She wouldn't be able to deal damage to the enemies, only protect from the damage. That wasn't going to work out ofr anyone unless she was partying with some damage dealers. It kind of sucked, but at the same time she was fulfilling her own desires and wants and at the same time helping to fill a void in the frontlines, both with her tank aspect and her healer aspect.

That was true, someone did carry him. A player killer to be exact, and the snow-haired player full well knew that they were able to kill players out of a total loss duel, and yet he still went along with them. At that time, Sey knew he could trust them, but there was a point when they were strangers and they were still a player killer... And still went with him. The ultimate gambler for sure. "Pfft, healing the monster. That's an interesting strategy." He chuckled lightly upon the thought before then addressing the real question. "The one who carried me goes by the name... Hydra. They have the orange crystal, but if he wanted to kill me, he would have done it a looong time ago. He's helped me out on so many quests, and I'm trying to return the favor by helping others. He has his slip ups, but he seems to be kind. still though, orange crystals don't magically pop up, so just consider me a lucky one."

"An orange crystal doesn't make someone a bad person. Maybe that sort of thing just makes them happy." She said, betraying a little bit of her unusual views about the world. She took her shield out of her inventory and slipped it onto her arm once again. "I suppose we both ought to get ready for this fight. You make it sound like it's going to be a lot harder and I want to make sure that neither of us is unprepared." She gave him yet another smile, the apparent lack of any other emotion besides happiness probably grating on his nerves or creeping him out somehow. It was yet another one of her quirks, an incessant happiness that seemed to pervade the air around her. It was actually interesting how the happiness of others seemed to anger others. "So what do you know about this enemies stats? Do you think my healing will be necessary?" She asked curiously.

"Maybe, but take caution regardless though. Like I said, there is definitely a reason for why they are orange." He explained as he would place his hands behind the back of his head, looking up to the sky with his lips locked in a neutral stance. The next topic was how they should get prepared because of how hard it sounds. "Welllll, I wouldn't go that far. As long as you don't actually heal it, I should have it taken care of in a couple hits. It just hard hard for me back then because I didn't have a lot of damage." Sey explain as he would continue cautiously. "It's nothing I can't handle, but it definitely hurts more than I could heal. So if I do take damage, I could most certainly use your healing." His head would tilt to the left. "What quests have you took anyways... I mean, you have healing down. You must have gotten your skills from some quests at least, right?"

Ivory smiled, a little proud of her achievement of grandmastering a skill without taking on a single quest. "Uhhh...." She tried to think back but couldn't think of any quests she had taken besides the one they had just done. "I think that last quest was the first one I've ever done. Its hard to remember. But as you know you get skill points from just doing things outside of the safe zone. They accumulate after a while." She explained. It was pretty impressive in her opinion, although not really a good impressive. At least it showed that she cared about more than just skill points, unlike many other people. "Not a big deal. I'll get them done eventually. At the rate we're going I'd say we have another nine years or so before we get close to getting out." She said, aware that most people would find that figure disturbing, but at the same time accurate. They were over leveled and moving much too slow.

"That is true, then you must have a talent for being able to do things outside. So if you take the quests on top of that, you will definitely be golden in whatever build you aim for, and not just healer." The balanced player would announce to her as he would look back from the sky back to the ground as they were approaching the borders of the safe zone. "I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. It's unfortunate how it will all be gone as well once the game is complete." But then he'd equip a smile. "They say that life is precious because it's limited though. And we live it while fighting for it. Besides, I don't think anyone else can say they ever had this experience. Give or take what you will from that statement. Though that requires us to live by the end of it. Even if this boss can be taken down easily, accidents happen. Do you have everything you need before we depart?"

"Yep, I'm good. Not like I have anything to get or use besides these starter items." She said, making a reference to her starting weapon despite the fact that she had never used it and didn't even have it out at the moment. Still, it was one of two items that she owned, so she felt like she ought to mention it even if she never planned to use it. She nodded to him and motioned for him to go first. "Lead the way. After all, your going to be doing all of the hard work. Im just here for the show." She said with a smile and a wink. She would do her best to heal him and all of that, but besides that she was really only there to watch and take the SP for the quest. She disliked being so useless, but understood that she really needed to get some more skill points and items before she could be even remotely useful to anyone. That was just the way of this world.

"Well show, who knows, I think you are a lot more needed than you might expect. This one has an additional annoying burn effect." Sey explained as he cringed a little bit as he remembered being on the wrong end of those burns. Never again did he want to get hit by them, but it was too late to turn back now. He would then begin to walk over towards the direction of the forest he best remembered from the last time. It was not too distant back when he was fighting it with Hydra last time, but it was a little bit hard to find the annoying tiger rampaging in it’s flames. Still, his orienteering skills improved a lot since then, and while he was nowhere near scout level ready for that sort of thing, he was still prepared to find the monster regardless. ""All right, it seems like we are going to be entering the forest. And I think the flames inside would leave the traces for us to follow, and the end of the trails should lead us to our destination."

She glanced around curiously, noting the ashes and embers around them, all seeming to point in one direction. She motioned her hand that way. "So we follow the trail of destruction  and hope that we can handle the enemy we find at the end of it?" She asked with a smile and a wink. "I have confidence in you abilities, and you should in mine too. Together we shouldn't have any problems. I can probably heal any attack it makes and more in one heal." She said confidently, cocking her head to one side, her smile seeming a bit cocky. If Sey thought he could take it she knew that they wouldn't have any problems. She had told Sey that she had grandmastered first aid, but she didn't think that that fact would sink in until she actually healed him and showed him how much damage she could erase in one go. The same was true in real life. So many people didn't understand that certain herbs could do tons for their health. She wanted to show the real world too.

“Yup, that seems to be the plan. And oh and I definitely know you excel in your abilities. I don’t have much healing as you do and I still take pride in it. Just because I can take the pain doesn’t mean I need to pass up a chance at having health.” He explained with a calm smile as he would then pace himself towards the direction of the ashes, feeling the temperature increase in the process, meaning that the recent flames that traveled were still in existence. Placing his spear up, he prepared for the impact that was about to occur. It was not too far from there. The next sound alerted him of the monsters existence as they just about arrived… “I think we found it…” He explained from behind as the hound would turn around with a flame-induced snarl, the hot breath it emitted dazing him for a small moment as it roared, picking two more targets.

Sey: 700/700 l 12 Dmg l 57 Mit l 3 ACC l +20 BH l 70 NRG 
Ivory: ???/???

Byakko: 150/150 l 60 Dmg l Mit 40

Edited by Sey

Ivory nodded as he spoke. What he was saying was pretty obvious, but maybe he felt like he needed to explain? She didn't know. What she did know was that a beautiful flaming tiger had just pounced out of the burned forest in front of them. It was a shame that they had to put it down, but she knew that it would respawn for the next player to take the quest. It was just a respawning field boss after all. She raised her hands in preparation to heal Sey if he needed it. She had a feeling that he would be one shotting the creature again, although from what he had said earlier it might take two shots. It still wasn't too big of a deal. She could already see the four skill points that she needed to reach tier 2. She smiled to Sey and nodded. "I'll let you get the hate first, so go at it." She said, informing him of her plan. She was all set to heal him even though she didn't think that he would be needing it.

Sey: 700/700 l 12 Dmg l 57 Mit l 3 ACC l +20 BH l 70 NRG 
Ivory: 480/480 48/48 | 1 DMG |

Byakko: 150/150 l 60 Dmg l Mit 40

@Sey

She already knew what the plan was. The tiger would emit a sudden loud roar to strike intimidation, though Sey tried to lash anyways. Though his accuracy was near off, it was able to connect. And if it was going to be this difficult trying to hit it, he might as well try to get as much damage in as possible. So he triggered the strongest sword art he could unleash, the merciless flurry, as he would slash with an excessive amount of force eleven times, letting the flames fall on his body, though only minorly damaging his body before he swept forward with the spear shoved through the core, knocking it to the ground for a small moment. However, there was no chance for him to capitalize as he would end up meeting a wall of fire from behind the monster, preventing him from attacking any further. In this case, he was forced to dash around it to get back to the healer. “Ah… Those flames are annoying…”

ID: 76881

BD: 6
Dmg: 12 x 12 x 1 = 144 - 40 Mit = 104 Dmg

MD: 9
Dmg: (30 - 57 Mit) + 30 Burn Dmg = 31 Dmg

[1] Sey: 669/700 l 12 Dmg l 57 Mit l 3 ACC l +20 BH l 70 NRG 
[0] Ivory: 480/480 48/48 | 1 DMG |

Byakko: 46/150 l 60 Dmg l Mit 40

@Ivory Lotus

Edited by Sey

ID# 76932 results:

Craft: 7

Ivory's face fell as she stepped forward and activated her healing skill, the gentle glow from her hands flickering and disappearing without restoring any health to him. "I need to get equipment..." She said before perking up again. "Its okay though! You've got this in the bag Sensey." She said with a wink and a smile, making a cute post and holding up the peace sign. "I'll be your cheerleader since Cardinal doesn't want me to heal you." Nothing could get her down for long, and certainly nothing as silly as not being able to heal when it wasn't even entirely necessary. She thought to herself as she waited for Sey to attack again. She wanted to get combat craft, and obviously some mitigation. But what else? Maybe some regeneration, but she really wanted a unique enhancement called lifemend that she had heard was rumored. Still, that enhancement was rumored to be cursed, killing off its wielder.

[1] Sey: 669/700 l 12 Dmg l 57 Mit l 3 ACC l +20 BH l 70 NRG 

Byakko: 46/150 l 60 Dmg l Mit 40

Edited by Ivory Lotus

Sey would place his spear up once again, though then turning over to the healer to see the hand sign she made with her hands. Well, it was encouragement.  “Thanks for that. I don't hope to hold you up for too long.” So with that, his eyes would lock into the eyes of the beast, the both having a moment of peace for a moment before the player broke said peace by launching his body forward. He wanted to end this battle swiftly, so he triggered the same merciless flurry sword art, despite how much of an overkill it might have been. To him, it was just best to stay safe than sorry. So he would lash the spear out against the enemy’s stomach with the same left-right-left barrage before using the last hit to pierce the chest. The result, the monster ended up shattering into glowing pieces of binary.

ID: 76933 

BD: 6
Dmg: 12 x 12 x 1 = 144 - 40 Mit = 104 Dmg

MD: 8
Dmg: 60 - 57 = 3 Dmg

[1] Sey: 686/700 l 12 Dmg l 57 Mit l 3 ACC l +20 BH l 44 NRG 

Byakko: 0/150 l 60 Dmg l Mit 40

Edited by Sey

"What a sad life. All it knows is dying and killing." She stated as Sey landed the finishing blows on the enemy. That was truly the only purpose for its creation. She smiled to Sey. "Well, now I can get some equipment to help me out with actually landing my healing." She said happily. She already knew what she wanted, although she didn't know anyone reliable that she could get it from. She looked over at Sey questioningly as she started to walk back towards the settlement. "So, do you know any blacksmiths and artisans that are reliable and quick? I need to buy my tier two equipment now, and im kind of in a hurry to get it. I want to join in the valentines event that's coming up and I want gear before I do events, even one that's just a dance." She explained to Sey, wondering if it was rude to ask him for anything more after all that he had done for her already.

"Yup, it's a never ending loop for the benefit of the players. Let's just be grateful though that we didn't die. Plus, this should earn some skill points or ya, right?" The snow-haired player player would explain to the similarly colored-haired player as he would then place the spear back into his inventory. In doing so, he would then address the next question, about who he would recommend for that sort of thing. He would place the tip of his left pointer finger onto his chin while looking up, clearly thinking for a bit before letting two names emit from his lips. "I do know a Blacksmith indeed. I have a deal with her, so I don't think she would mind a guest sent from me. Search for "Forged by the Sun" on the... I wanna say first floor... But I don't quite remember. Should it be there, I think you should be good." With this he continued onto the Artisan. "Well the Artisan is a little busy right now. So you'd have to wait. But when she is open, she is extremely fast. Bluebird Workshop is the name of the shop.

Ivory nodded, not necessarily agreeing with Sey's point about the never ending loop being beneficial to players. Well, she agreed that it was beneficial, but she didn't think that anything so lifelike should be forced to relive its death over and over again just so that players could get some skill points. Still, she smiled to Sey. "Yes, I just hit tier two, which is why I was asking about equipment." She explained to him, smiling thankfully at him. "Thanks for your help in getting here, and for the suggestions. I hope the artisan stops being busy. That's a major part of my build." She explained. The mitigation wasn't going to help her protect people for a while yet, so she had been trying to focus on the healing portion of her build. She really needed combat craft if she wanted to advance in that way. She wanted to help people, but now it seemed that she was going to have to focus on the tank aspect more for now.