PP-F9) Fight Fire with Fire

Spoiler

<<Guardian of Fire>>

This quest takes place on Floor 9
This quest is repeatable

This RP will not count in the benchmark

Cerberus_Dog-like_form.png

Rumors about a three headed dog are floating around Vulcan Village, that spawns a rare potion that gives the user the ability to inflict burn damage. They say it is hard to get to. It takes two days and three nights due south to get to the cave in which the beast lurks.

The Cerberus only appears after players make their way into Inferno Cavern a cave that is immensely hot. The heat is so strong that all players who enterloose 10 HP If their craft roll is below 6. There they must defeat an unknown number of  
«Hell Hounds»  to awaken Cerberus.

Cerberus appears from seemingly nowhere; a dark body covered in dancing flames; its three heads are ferocious; and each attack individually, players must destroy all three heads in order to defeat Cerberus.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)
- Must RP that two days have passed from «Vulcan Town» to «Inferno Cavern»

-Once in Inferno Cavern - players must use the Perma Roller to roll craft Dice. Any roll below 6 incurs 10 HP damage
-Must Defeat X amount of Hell Hounds At 30 HP each.  (Where X is 3 hounds per player present)
- Cerberus MUST be defeated

Cerberus Information:

«Cerberus» is a Field Boss and has the following statistics:
Head 1: 75 HP
Head 2: 75 HP
Head 3: 75 HP

Damage per Attack: 80 + 10 Burn Damage next turn
Cerberus ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 9-10
Each head attacks independently of one another. 
Thus, every hit you inflict the Cerberus will attack you three times.

Rewards:

1. Cerberus Soul: A Potion that when used on Weapon adds burn damage for the duration of the thread, burn damage at +2 for 2 turns on Natural Dice Roll of 8-10
  2. 3 Skill Points.

Jonathan stood on the ninth floor. It turned out he had been taking it to casually and had been left in the dust when it came to level. Something needed to change about that. He needed to become stronger. He knew somebody that was in the same boar as him though. A certain somebody that was also in his guild. Kasier. She had also been left behind in level as both of them were too busy with other things to constantly train it seemed. He opened up his menu and sent a message to @Kasier asking her to assist him on a quest that would help them both out. He had heard she was working on tanking skills. If she was, she could tank while he dealt the damage. He smiled the idea of that and waited silently. He knew that it would be hot where they were going, but she had survival so she would definitely not burn up. Still take damage, but she would not burn up. He stood there, his blond spiked hair swaying in the wind. It is good if she comes. We don't get together really that often so it would be good to be able to catch up. The blond waited silently for the healer to arrive. 

Kasier looked up from her inventory. She had been sorting it out... Something that she should've done a long time ago. Her disorganization was a disgrace for a healer yet she didn't care. Healing was practically useless in this game anyways because once the road is set, a player basically never faces the threat of death unless it is in a boss battle. Although this game had its flaws, the positives certainly does outweigh the negatives because the concept in which players grind for skills is absolutely astonishing. Grinding is a long but satisfying process yet Kasier found no interest in doing so. She knew that it was essential to grind leveling as hard as one possibly can but the inspiration was simply not there and as a result, she had fallen behind everyone else. While everyone else was unlocking skills and achieving great things, she was stuck not being able to harm mobs and not able to take very much since she had leveled up quite high at this rate and the result of that was her lack of combat skills that can be used against mobs and the strength of the mobs that she would have to come across in order to fight and obtain loot for it. Basically, she had become a player that needs others to help her with basically everything.

The path of the healer. I did this to myself.

Kasier thought, her eyes reflecting the rays of the sun as her serious face peeked out of Itzal's shop. Then, she received a message from Jonathan that was an offer to obtain more skill points through a quest that neither one of them had done. To be fair, it was quite an appealing offer since this particular quest gives off three skill points in total upon completion. Kasier sighed - the day was going to be eventful. But she's not sure whether it is going to be in her favor or not. Soon enough, she made her way up to the ninth floor where the quest would begin - <Vulcan Town>.

@Morgenstern

Edited by Kasier

Jonathan looked around waiting for Kasier. She was often not easily motivated, os he would not be surprised if she would take a bit, or perhaps she was just busy. Several minutes passed before he caught glimpse of the blond haired woman. He stepped forward, hands behind his head. As he approached, he scanned the Healer Paladin's facial expressions to determine a mood. She was one of the harder to read. He smiled and said, "Hey Kas! How have ya been?" He chuckled and turned to the side, shoving his hands into his jacket pockets. "I just figured we have not sen eachother in a while, and figured we might as well do another quest together." The blond turned back to face the woman and sent a party request. It took him a second to find the words to use to ask but he finally got out, "Hey, I have been hearing that you are working on the tank build now? Is that true?" He stood questioningly. He was quite curious, and perhaps she would even be ready to tank this quest. 

@Kasier

Kasier looked on as the figure of Jonathan became bigger and bigger until she was facing him. The man haven't changed since the last time they had met. His hands were behind his back as if he couldn't care for less and a smile that Kasier despised when she first saw it. Now, she was used to it. Kasier looked at the man with a straight face as he continued to speak, asking her several questions that she didn't have a straight yes or no answer. "It's been good." Kasier answered. "And I would not mind the additional boost in SP myself." She had made sure that she emphasized the fact that she was doing this simply for the skill points that would be added to her collection at the conclusion of the quest. "And indeed. I have been working on tanking a bit. To be precise, I am currently at 89 mitigation. A few more skills and mods should get me above 100 mitigation." Kasier explained. She knew fully well that Jonathan was the tank paladin but she did not want any advice. This game was supposed to be played in a trial and error manner and that is what she shall do even in this life or death situation. It was more for her pride than for anything else really. Healing had taken its toll on her and now she is finally expanding what her capabilities can hold. "How are you? Why do you ask?" Kasier responded with a two questions herself, which she added when she remembered to be polite.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan listened in closely to Kasier. He gave her his undivided attention, knowing it was best for a leader or a person in general to listen closely to his co-leaders and those below him. If he did not, they would suffer from chaos. He grinned as she mentioned she had taken on a bit of tanking. The blond smiled. "So we are not complete support, you are also willing to get in the center of the battle. Let me tell you, occasionally, it is a bit scary." He laughed and turned away, throwing his hands into his pockets. "Like when you get thrown over a thousand feet by a tree, or crushed by a stone colossus." He smiled and looked over to the woman who continued. According to her, she almost had over a hundred mitigation. He clapped. "You really have done well. I have only a bit more mitigation then that. I am only up to a hundred and sixteen" He smiled. That meant she was only thirty away, and she was a hybrid. How? How had she already almost caught up to him in Mitigation? It did not matter, but he would find out shortly enough. 

"Why do I ask? That is always an excellent question. I have found that when a person asks quite a few questions, they are actually quite intelligent. Or really nosy, but that is beside the point."   He laughed and met her eyes. "I ask, because I want you tanking this quest" He left it there. Meaning he would be up for DPS, so this could end a little faster. 

@Kasier

Kasier shrugged. She had reached the fourth rank of blocking after all. Another rank of blocking should be enough to get her past ninety and then some ranks in heavy armor would allow her to reach the same mitigation as Jonathan. Kasier was quite surprised to find out that the man's mitigation was so low for a tank of his caliber but she did not know what the rest of his skills were and what he had invested in addition to the the blocking skill that most tanks had. "You want me to tank?" Kasier repeated, a bit surprised at the statement but soon enough decided that it was reasonable enough. They could always switch roles if necessary and Kasier had no damage, therefore, Jonathan would have to be in charge of damage dealing, although Kasier did not necessarily know how much damage he dealt either. "Very well. I shall tank." Kasier said, before holding her hands up, signaling the man to wait as she opened up her inventory and changed up all her gear to her tanking gear. This armor, despite also being heavy was far more heavy and tanky than her healing armor. Her shield had come to rest on the back of her armor and her regeneration plate was the secret to keeping her health high and full despite people landing attacks on her. This was the perfect tank build for Kasier and everything was at tier two - it had taken her quite the work to buy all that equipment. "Alright, let us go on then. I believe we have a lot of work to do in order to complete this quest." She stated, rubbing her eyes. "Also, I think asking a questions don't make you smart. It makes you curious. Smart people ask questions that they already know the answer to."

@Morgenstern

Kasier seemed rater surprised he wanted her to tank. "Essentially" He cracked a smiled as she seemed to b putting two and two together. If he tanked, and she healed, then who would deal the damage. Eventually she agreed and he smiled. He opened up his inventory, and equipped a few items. His Curved Sword, Dying light. His Jacket, Heaven's Jacket. Finally, His ACC item, Angel's Pendant. He watched as his stats raised and he equipped his two vanity items. His Morgenstern Family ring, and his necklace with the CA Sun. He smiled. Kasier mentioned getting going and he nodded. "It will be quite hot where we are going, so brace yourself." He smiled and began walking forward. Usually the tank led, but he had enough tanking skills that he would still be able to tank at this point. He wanted to test her mitigation to see if his damage cut through, but that armro seemed to be sturdy. He also would lose quite a bit of trust with it. She then spoke about how smart people ask questions they already know the answer to. 

Jonathan was confused by this statement, but he was interrupted by a curious familiar. Sol, his White feathered Phoenix familiar, had made his entrance. With an orange flame around its body, it swooped down to check out Kasier. It circled her, engulfing her quickly in a ring of fire.  The blond could not keep himself from smiling before the familiar moved to circle back around to him, finding a perch on his shoulder. "Oh yeah. Forgot to mention, this is my familiar. His name is Sol." he made sure to keep quite about what its Greek name would be, but she did not need to know that. 

@Kasier I feel So bad about this... I thought I posted!

• 1 month later...

Jonathan then changed his equipment quickly - probably into a more damage dealing build. They would need the damage after all, since Kasier is incapable of dealing any damage as a healer/tank mix. She nodded simply to Jonathan's warning that it would be hot in the quest location. That would be inevitable... She had known that before even agreeing to join the quest. There was no point of responding to a statement that she had full knowledge of. It was then that a white light appeared suddenly, blinding Kasier suddenly. When she opened her eyes, a ring of fire was rotating around her face, sending her into a state of panic as she pulled out her weapon - something that she had yet to use in this game. When the fire cleared up, all she saw was a bird that had landed on Jonathan's shoulder. Familiar. She thought, and Jonathan confirmed her deduction when he explained that the name of the phoenix was Sol. "Sol... Hot for Spanish? Or was it fire. Something like that." Kasier tried to recall the vocabulary from Spanish class back in real life - a class that was mandatory. "Hold on, let me change my equipment." She said, looking around and then walking into a changing station where she equipped all her tanking gear.

Soon, she walked out, "Let us walk on then." She sighed, opening her menu and sending a message to Itzal, informing him that she will be gone for a couple of days to complete this quest. "Alright, no time to waste. We should head out now. I have a few food items in my inventory that should last for a couple of days." Kasier finished, turning. "Oh, and make sure your phoenix doesn't burn anything please."

@Morgenstern

Jonathan watched as Kasier seemed a bit surprised by his familiar and the sudden burst of heat and light. As soon as she had said its name, she set out to find out the meaning of its name, but quickly moved into Spanish instead of Greek. Perhaps she did not know much about Greek mythology. That was fine with Jonathan, but the curious bird did not like it. It flew high into the sky, barely able to be seen. She mentioned that they should get going and Jonathan nodded. "This is one of those longer quests is it not? Luckily, I have some food stored up as well. I am able to come by it on the first floor when I go there once a week." She agreed with him, turned to him and told him to keep his familiar from burning anything. Jonathan could not help but to smile. "Eh, no worries. It is actually a healing familiar, so it does not destroy things, just heals people." Jonathan began to follow Kasier, aware of the long journey they had ahead of them. He knew at the moment his damage was not the best, but Kasier would most likely do well when it came to tanking. 

"Anything interesting happen lately? How was your time at that event dance a while back?"

@Kasier

Kasier nodded. The quest was well underway and they were hiking at a good speed to try and reach the quest location so the two players can knock the boss out and get out as soon as they get to the quest location. That was Kasier's plan. She aspired to be able to get this quest done quickly so she can return and receive a good night sleep and then head out once more to perform more quests. She had a lot of catching up to do and she was going to go vigorously at it until she can't stand anymore. Kasier never thought the phoenix was detrimental... In fact, it was simply a joke that she had told. However, as someone with a solemn reputation, it was pretty much pre-determined that people would not notice her jokes and consider them seriously instead. Kasier sighed, refusing to respond when Jonathan told her that the phoenix was harmless. Of course, it is! It's a familiar after all. Kasier thought, walking along the rugged path of the ninth floor landscape. Gee. I wonder how long this will take. She continued her thinking to herself when Jonathan suddenly broke the stillness with a question. "Huh. Nothing really. After the dance, I seemed to have lost a lot of motivation to get out and level so I spent a lot of time at home and now I'm even more behind and far away from the front lines. This is why I want to get as many quests as I can do so I can catch up quicker to the high-leveled players. You?"

@Morgenstern

Jonathan walked behind Kasier 'Doesn't something bad ALWAYS happen when I am along with this person? Broke the Frostbite lake... locked in a room.... There got to be more, but let's not keep up that reputa.tion shall we?' To his question, it turned out she had lost all motivation and took a rather long break, but now she wanted to get caught up. Jonathan nodded. Now THAT he could understand. The constant of trying to catch up. Her had not even reached Tier 3, and now there was another tank that somehow was blazing through the levels and was almost upon him. So much for being the second best tank. "Me? I have been training, but it has all been rather slow compared to some people. I can't take on certain quests alone. Once my damage is higher, I should be able to take them on, but for now it has just been grinding." He sighed and continued walking forward. Kasier appeared to be a little unpleased with something as if he had missed something obvious. "I...." He stopped. How was he going to say this exactly? "Umm... I would understand why motivation would be lost. Being a support character means you can't do about anything by yourself. There are not many healer build out there. In fact, most a DPS, Scout builds. More on the DPS side." 

@Kasier

"You think I lost motivation to be a healer because support characters can't do anything by themselves?" Kasier smirked, stopping in her tracks and after a pause continued to speak, "That's pathetic. I don't know if that's how you feel as a support character but I didn't lose motivation because of that. This is a joint effort - beating this game that is. Everyone must work together and that's what makes this game so unique. A DPS can only go so far by himself because he would get one-shot by high damage dealers. Of course, then there came tanks, players who willingly take damage to sacrifice their own health for the good of his party, preventing the DPS on the team from being killed easily. And once the tank gets low on health, the healer comes in and heals him. That is the perfect team - the perfect coordination and that is what lacks a lot in this game. Everyone is needed. You, me... The low-leveled players. Everyone plays a part in this world. And when that harmony breaks, the players break. Remember that. Be proud of being a tank." 

Kasier smiled, closing her eyes as she did so. "Because in the end, the tanks die with the most honor, saving lots of other people with their death. I'm envious of the tank's ability to do so." Kasier finished, opening her eyes again and allowing her face to get back into a serious state. That was a lot of uselessness coming from her but she felt that it was right to say something after a long time of walking and why not provide a motivational speech? She's weird like that. Kasier sighed, lifting up her right foot as she began to take steps. Without saying anymore, she walked on. She hated that players complain about their build - they chose that build and now they must follow through with it. That's how to survive this game - to continue going even when the times seem bad.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan paused when he heard Kasier begin to speak, about her idea on the support builds. She noted that they must all be there, and work together with themselves. She told him that she was not bored with her build, instead she was happy to be support. She said some things about the tank build, that made him feel a bit happier about his build then he normally was. He smiled and watched as her face went back to its serious posture. "Thanks, Kas" He turned and continued walking. 

The trip continued for a rather long time. The two mostly slept in found caves as they moved through their long journey. Jonathan had been excited when the finally reached their destination. "I seriously think that is it Kasier!" He unsheathed his weapon and charged in, instantly feeling the extreme heat. "Blistering" Then, he was immediately surrounded by six beasts, each flaming and black. Hellhounds. "Great, the bouncers" He charged forward, preparing to slay a few of them in the least. They growled, unhappy with his movements. They scattered quickly, and ripped through his cloak armor. They dealt quite a bit, but Jonathan had taken damage for a long time. He was used to it. 

Spoiler

81646 BD:2+3... Srsly? MD:7

[0]Morgenstern 798/900 <> 89/90 <HP: 900-(135-3=132 DMG,+30BH=102 DMG / EN: -2+1
[0]@Kasier ???/??? <> ??/??

Spoiler

Level 34
HP: 680/680
Energy: 68

Stats:
Damage: 1
Damage Mitigation: 89
Paralysis: 1
Thorns: 28
First Aid: 40%
Regeneration: +54

The rest of the way seemed to go by like a breeze. The conversations that the two had were filled with broken lines and broken words. Occasionally, the two would get a few words in but the rest of the way, the mainly went silently. Even during the night, Kasier would sometimes offer a few food items but that was basically the only interactions with the two. And that was fine because Kasier was only here to complete the quest. That was the goal and as long as the goal was achieved, it was all that mattered? Hence, the journey went by extremely fast to Kasier's delight but now that the easy part was complete, the hard part would come now. As soon as she reached the intended destination, she heard growling and the next thing she knew - hounds had jumped on the two players. Jonathan was the first to react, however, the result of his attack was a miss as the hounds scattered to avoid his attack. Six of them. I wonder if he has any AoE attacks. Kasier thought, if not, I'm going to be taking a bit of damage. He isn't in his tank build so the damage he mitigates won't be very much will it?  Kasier thought. "Follow through with the plan. I'm tanking. Watch out for the howl." Kasier said quietly, clicking a few buttons a releasing an extremely powerful howl that would attract the attention of the hounds onto her instead of Jonathan. Nice. Now he needs to deal damage while I take it. She thought, preparing for their attack.

<<Howl>> Activated

@Morgenstern

Spoiler

[0] Morgenstern: 798/900
   Energy: 89/90
[3] Kasier: 680/680
   Energy: 68/68

6X Hellhound: 30/30

Damage: 135
      Damage Mitigation: 0

Jonathan would hear a howl from behind him, indicating Kasier had indeed gained that skill. Something he had told Khrysaor to get over and over again. The other tank rarely showed for any training, and when he did it was rather brief. It was nice to see Kasier moving into another build. "This should hopefully get me Stonewall" He charged forward, but the hellhounds appeared skittish now and ran everytime Jonathan approached. "Oh this is just unfair. Making me wait til you are all close enough.... Sorry Kas, it would appear you are taking an extra hit. They don't appear to be high in health, but they might be high in damage" The information given form the quests mentioned the hellhounds had low health, but nothing was mentioned over their abilities to deal damage. 

Spoiler

81922 BD:2+3.... Srsly? MD:4

[0] Morgenstern: 798/900
   Energy: 89/90
[3] Kasier: 680/680
   Energy: 68/68

6X Hellhound: 30/30

Damage Mitigation: 0

@Kasier

ID: 82026
CD: 12
<<First Aid>> Activated

Kasier watched as the man once again was unable to make any sort of contact with the hounds. He was not a pure DPS after all and it was no doubt that he will not have the stunning accuracy that a lot of DPS players do have. He was more of a tank - there was no doubt about that. Kasier, on the other hand, was a pure healer. Sure, she had invested in the tank build but her true destiny was to heal others. That was the road that she had chosen since the beginning and that is the road that she will carry out until the players escape this game or she dies trying to get the players out of this game. She didn't have any damage output anyway so the best thing that she could do was heal Jonathan. It's not like she can attack with mitigation. Kasier sighed, signaling Jonathan over so she can heal him. "Hold on," Kasier said simply, clicking on her menu and activating the <<First Aid>> skill directly after. The skill was able to heal Jonathan to full health. "Looks like I'm the one having success doing stuff." She remarked.

Spoiler

[0] Morgenstern: 900/900 (40% of 900 = 360)
   Energy: 88/90

6X Hellhound: 30/30

@Morgenstern

Edited by Kasier

Jonathan listened as Kasier told him to come closer, healing his wounds. She remarked that she was the only one having success with things and he replied, "Yeah. For some reason I can't land a single hit. I have not had too much practice with my rank four sword arts" He focused on his targets and charged forward, his weapon gleaming a blue light. He slashed four of them, delivering four blows to each target he came across. They each shattered the remaining two moving around him to gang up on Kasier. They bit her, dealing a bit of damage, but then immediately whined, their health dipping down to a sliver. "Do they really have that low of health? I will admit, that is quite sad. They did not give these guys much attention at all now did they?" He chuckled and waited to see what would happen next. 

Spoiler

82067 BD:5+3 MD:9

[1] Morgenstern: 900/900
   Energy: 72/90

2X Hellhound: 2/30 (-28 Thorns)

4X Hellhounds

@Kasier

Kasier didn't make a face. She didn't have to, did she? Sure, the man had managed to defeat four of the hounds and prevent all of them from attacking her at once but she was still attacked and dealt some damage. She didn't like the sensation of her health bar dropping but she would have to get used to it as a tank. After all, the point of being a tank was to take damage and protect the other members of the party. Kasier sighed, as a tank and healer build, she did not have any damage that could be used to her disposal and hence, she can't do anything to the hounds except use <<Howl>> once again and attract even more attention from the hounds. That's the only thing that she can do at the moment and that's the only thing she needs to do. Besides at two health - she expects Jonathan to be able to finish off the battle next turn so they may proceed to the actual boss.

@Morgenstern

Spoiler

HP LIST
[1] Morgenstern: 
900/900
   Energy: 72/90
[6] Kasier: 638/680 (135 Damage + 2 Critical - 89 Mitigation = 48 Damage * 2 Hellhounds = 96 Damage ) (+54 Regen)

2X Hellhound: 2/30 [Paralyzed]

Edited by Kasier

Jonathan would charge forward, keeping up the momentum of the battle. He heard another howl behind him, which was strange due to the fact that one hit was not enough to actually surpass her previous howl. He sighed and slashed forward, using a weaker sword art to finish them off. The hellhounds struck the dust, bursting straight into pixels. Jonathan sighed and sheathed hi weapon once more. "Well, we should just keep moving on I guess" He nodded to Kasier and awaited her arrival at the cave entrance. He entered the area and took a peak in. Nothing seemed that out of ordinary. Shadow were seen moving in the background. The only thing was the unbearable heat. Luckily, with his <<Survival>> Skill he would not take any of the environmental damage. 

Spoiler

82530 BD:3+3 MD:1

HP LIST
[1] Morgenstern: 
900/900
   Energy: 67/90 [-6+1] 
[6] Kasier: 638/680 (135 Damage + 2 Critical - 89 Mitigation = 48 Damage * 2 Hellhounds = 96 Damage ) (+54 Regen)

2X Hellhound: 0/30 [Paralyzed]

@Kasier

"Let us continue. This quest has carried on for too long already." Kasier stated. She had taken a bit of damage, but that is alright because she does not expect the boss to be able to deal more than three hundred damage to her. However, she also did not expect the hounds to have been able to deal damage to her at all. Perhaps she underestimated these opponents. It did not matter though because soon enough, the two players were able to come across the target that they were looking for. Indeed, they would soon stand right outside of the area that the boss would be located. They would have to fight the boss and now that she looked at it carefully, it features are incredibly terrifying for a boss on the ninth floor. The boss should be a tier one boss, yet it looked incredibly strong. Perhaps it's because I'm weak.

"Alright, tell me when you are ready to go in. We can rest up here if we need to." She said, letting her health bar regenerate a bit. After all, the three heads would probably attack separately, dealing three times the damage despite her mitigation. She had heard about this boss... Apparently, the burn damage that it inflicts can stack up on damaging her health. So, she needed Jonathan to not miss as much as he did last time. "Just saying, when we get in... Please don't miss that much."

HP LIST
[0] Morgenstern: 
900/900
   Energy: 67/90
[0] Kasier: 658/680 (+20)

@Morgenstern

Edited by Kasier